Savvy Apps Reviews & Product Details

Founder
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Design, Product, Development and everything else involved with building an App. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Savvy Apps is a a true partner. They really are invested in the product and are very hands on from Day 1. As a first time non-technical founder, I can say with 100% confidence, I would not have been able to build my business with internal employees. Savvy runs a well oiled machine and provided an institutional infrastructure that enabled me to punch above my weight from the get go. Savvy is very quick to fix bugs and actually thinks about the product (and often pushes back on ideas) and is not a basic execution shop. I enjoy my monthly touch point with Executive Management to discuss bigger picture ideas / issues and the team is always available in emergency situations (even working weekends if needed). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No BS - I really don't have anything negative to say. I would say if you are not looking for a collaborative process, than Savvy may not be the right firm as you will not be taking full advantage of their experience, insights and care for your product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you are serious about building an App based business, Savvy Apps should be at the top of your list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Savvy Apps gives me confidence that my vision will be built to its full potential. With Savvy's help, I am constantly honing in on my vision and building new features towards a better product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Savvy Apps Overview

What is Savvy Apps?

Savvy is an award-winning creative agency that helps companies design, build, and grow across Android, iOS, and web. We're humbled to work with household names like Levi's, Toyota, PBS, NFLPA, and Motley Fool, as well as disruptive, technology-driven companies such as Homesnap, LifeFuels, Pocket Prep, and The Draft Network. With locations in D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, Seattle, Raleigh, and Philadelphia, we believe we have the best team in the game: a group of passionate, particular, and proven individuals. We hire only the most experienced talent across the U.S. At Savvy, that means you won't be paying for people to learn on the job or sacrificing quality by using cheap labor. Savvy consists of product managers, designers, developers, growth experts, and even content strategists (including social and video). We care about each other. We care about our customers. We care about doing great work.

Savvy Apps Details

You're creating an experience, starting a business, following a dream. We're here to help.

At Savvy, we’re all involved. From kickoff to launch, each of our core disciplines have eyes on the product. We work closely together and iterate quickly, making sure the right hand knows what the left is doing. The result is a polished, world-class experience.

Savvy Apps
2009
District of Columbia
@savvyapps

Savvy Apps Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Savvy Apps community
Have you used Savvy Apps before?

Savvy Apps Reviews

Showing 7 Savvy Apps reviews
Location
Already have Savvy Apps?
CEO & Co-Founder
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Savvy helped bring Pocket Prep to a level where our brand and product really shone above the competition. They helped us completely reimagine our app, which is used by over 350,000 people each month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Organized, attentive, and caring. Savvy does a great job treating your product like they would their own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While they are available for long-term support and maintenance, it's not how to best apply their services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Let them guide you through the process. They are quite capable and have a proven track record of success. They'll walk you through, step by step, to make sure what they're building meets your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pocket Prep has been helping students achieve their educational goals since 2012. Savvy helped us reimagine what affordable digital test preparation looks like, and it was incredibly well-received by our customers. With an improved interface, more accessibility thanks to our web-based study portal, and a cloud that ties everything together, we're making it so that anyone can achieve their dreams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

COO
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The team at Savvy Apps took my idea for an iPad app and worked directly with me to launch a solid, well designed and implemented tool to help students and business professionals. Ken, Richard and the entire team took the time to understand what my key points of value in the application, did their best to limit scope creep and regularly hit timeline goals. They took additional time to help me understand marketing requirements, assist me with press releases and used their network to get the app reviewed by tech writers and bloggers. I honestly can't imagine Ken being able to do anything else to help my app and platform become successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great communicators, stay on task, took responsibility and provided solid guidance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside was that I was not able to sell enough copies of my application to continue development and growth of the app... certainly not a downside to working with Savvy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Ken is a top notch individual as well as a strong team and business leader. I can't say enough about my experiences with the team, always fantastic to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ken clearly understood what I was trying to achieve with CaptureNotes and he embraced my vision. He was always open and honest, even if it was a contradicting view point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Savvy Apps
PM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We hired Savvy Apps to build v1 of the musx mobile app on iOS, and we ended up featured as a "Best New App" in the App Store. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Savvy Apps' team is absolutely stellar from top to bottom, and they care about your company as if it is their own. I was blown away by their consistently accurate scopes of work for our projects, and they always delivered on-time without surprises or excuses. They will help you develop your platform in the right way -- from backend architecture to UX -- and set you up for long-term success versus many agencies that treat customers as short-term deliverables. All of this is only possible because of their singular wealth of knowledge gained from their extensive experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. We had a wonderful experience working with Savvy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Savvy Apps not only delivered a fantastic product, but also taught us how to work and manage effectively and efficiently once we expanded and brought in our own team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Helped us launch a brand new version of our mobile app. Provided both technical and design expertise. Even coached our new mobile developers as needed. Assisted with marketing and user growth as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The thoughtfulness they put into each task, particularly around design and UX. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's hard for me to point to issues we've had with Savvy that don't stem from problems that really start on our end. Our senior leadership is always concerned about the cost of using a highly-qualified outside organization, but you get what you pay for and we could have received more value from our investment had we stuck to our timetables for delivery from our internal resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Savvy, in building our mobile app, extended our self-service offerings greatly, and provided us with a new customer acquisition channel as well, helping to offset development costs. We filled a hole in our customer service offerings, and have been able to launch new, industry-leading features since. Both new features will provide significant cost-savings, and one of them has created a unique competitive advantage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SME / Salesforce CTA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

While I was Assistant Director at the NFL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION, we were tasked designing from scratch a mobile “communication app.” It needed to fit their lifestyles (mobile, always accessible) and provide them the direct line for information they need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The way the Savvy team handled UCD and applied it to the App UX, was phenomenal. They were the only bidder that came in and started asking about hand and finger sizes. As flattered as I was, turns out they were asking about the players, because it directly affected button placement, size and space around buttons. It’s one thing to get the color palette right. It’s a whole other ball of wax to get the finger measurements and preferred devices for 1700 football players. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The patching and update utilities were not great. The half-baked web interface for managing users and app data worked but could have been more polished. Of course, this was on our internal dev team to execute, not Savvy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Time is money, don’t waste it looking around for other vendors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Players are more comfortable using the app. It’s easy and fast to navigate, syncs with your calendar, and provides direct access to NFL resources, all while running natively on your device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Savvy was tasked with creating an app that allowed avid sneaker collectors a quick and easy method t track their collections right at their fingertips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked how organized and dedicated they were to the effort. They thought outside the box when it came to providing recommendations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing I disliked about Savvy as a team or comany. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would highly recommend if anyone is looking to have a mobile application built to definitely have a conversation with Savvy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Savvy has created an app that sneakerheads love. The tool they designed makes it easier to be more organized with your shoes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PP
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We engaged Savvy Apps to build a mobile app for showcasing our podcasts before podcasting was as mainstream as it is now. We hoped to reach a broader audience by creating a user-friendly app that made it easy to follow and listen to our episodes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Savvy Apps developed a reliable app that significantly helped attract more listeners to our podcast and made it easy for them navigate. We even got a lot of positive feedback from older, less technically savvy users. Savvy Apps has also been very quick to fix any bugs and maintain the app as needed over the years.

They were great to work with overall and never missed a deadline. The whole process was relatively seamless and they stayed in constant communication with us from start to finish, providing mockups and wireframes through each step and collaborating closely with our team. We mostly tracked the project in Basecamp and stayed in touch through Google Hangouts or Skype.

Savvy Apps were a pleasure to work with, took ownership in their work, and were very proactive in their approach. They delivered a high-quality product that even exceeded some of our expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any issues we ran into throughout the engagement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Trust in their process. They know what they're doing, and they do it well based on the specs you give them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The app was successful in addressing the needs we originally commisioned it for. Users found it helpful and an easy way to consume our podcasts without having to understand how to use and subscribe with a traditional podcasting app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.