SAP Business ByDesign Reviews & Product Details

"As end user"

What do you like best?

The user interface by any browser allows me to do my tasks anywhere..

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the performance to access some screens is too slow.

The ByD is our main ERP system which controls many departments in our company.

What is SAP Business ByDesign?

SAP Business ByDesign (ByD) is a comprehensive cloud enterprise resource planning software (Cloud ERP) that is sold and operated as software as a service (SaaS) by SAP SE. It is designed for small to medium-sized enterprises as well as subsidiary businesses. The software is designed to provide business processes across application areas from financials to human resources with embedded business analytics, mobility, e-learning, and support. SAP Business ByDesign is built on the principles of a service-oriented architecture (SOA). The underlying technology is leveraging SAP's in-memory HANA database. A comprehensive set of prepackaged integrations as well as SOAP and oData webservices ensure easy integrations to other SAP or non-SAP applications. The main application areas: Financial Management (FIN) Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Project Management (PRO) and Professional Service Automation (PSA) Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Procurement Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Production Human Resource Management (HCM) Fund and Grant Management Integrated Business Analytics Executive support and compliance management. ByDesign is deployed in 144 countries and supports 12 languages. SAP Business ByDesign is available for a monthly software-as-a-service (SaaS) subscription, based on a base package, user types, and number of users. The price includes hosting, unlimited storage, access to all application areas (see above), support etc. Updates are delivered automatically four times a year with no IT staff required.

SAP Business ByDesign Screenshots

SAP Business ByDesign Profile Details

SAP Business ByDesign Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Spanish
SAP
Description
Our business analytics solutions close the gap between transactions, data preparation, analysis, and action, so you can make more informed decisions.
1972

SAP Business ByDesign Reviews

1-21 of 21 total SAP ByD reviews

SAP Business ByDesign Reviews

1-21 of 21 total SAP ByD reviews

"SAP Business ByDesign Review"

What do you like best?

I just like that upon login, that I see Tiles to choose from, but they aren't usable whatsoever to me, what's the point?

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when I login to enter my time, in My Launchpad that I need to hover over the Home icon - -> Self-Services Overview - - > Scroll down to Edit Time Sheet, then I finally reach my screen to enter or edit my timesheet. It is very cumbersome to navigate and not intuitively designed or laid out whatsoever. I wish I can create a icon for "edit my timesheet" and make that a "Tile" and have that as one of my direct tiles so I get their directly upon logon, wouldn't that be swifter and smarter?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No comment

I use it exclusively to log my time in for work every week.

President

"Great System, Powerful, Scalable and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Everything in one place. We only have one system that takes care of Sales, Billing, and Project Management.

What do you dislike?

There are some features other software have that would be nice to have in ByDesign. Global Search, Native credit card integrations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give SAP a call and get a demo if you already havent.

Project Management and ontime invoicing. It took us a while to get it all setup but now its all automated.

"Awful software"

What do you like best?

The only thing good I could think of is it is cloud based. Nothing else about this software is worth even saying it is good.

What do you dislike?

It's slow and crashes all the time. The business logic is terrible and configuration is a nightmare. It's not intuitive. The marketing hr and service sections are useless. Worst software ithink I have ever dealt with.

Sap by design creates problems it does not solve problems. I have realized that there is no worse software out there.

VIPKID Teacher
E-Learning

"Horrible"

What do you like best?

I liked the look of our website while we used ByDesign. The real-time figures were nice to see as well on the back end of the business page. The eCommerce site was very pleasing to look at.

What do you dislike?

The functionality of the eCommerce site was rough. When we had problems it took forever for them to fix them, or they never did fix them. Our direct sales company switched to use ByDesign after we had tremendous growth. The switch was horrible, we didn't last long on the program before we switched back to our old system that got re-vamped.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It might be a great program for your business, it just wasn't a good fit for our company.

The idea of it was pretty decent, but the actual roll-out and usage of it was seriously lacking.

Logistic specialist

"Best in memory technology "

What do you like best?

Perfect ERP available.

It handles a large number of clients without getting overloaded.

Little administration needed to let the software flow.

It's cloudbased solution that handles all updates .

What do you dislike?

It's quite expensive.

Also how can i get it on HTML? Really wish i can especially on our production field kindly help me out

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Handles all your accounting and ERP solution ,well covered ,easy to use has best memory ,try it .

It has all our ERP and MRP covered handles alot of our administration work ,Also our accounting and production distribution.

Managing Director

"Perfect ERP for Professional Services"

What do you like best?

I run the entire business from a dashboard.

I can identify problems in real time and drill down for root cause analysis.

What do you dislike?

Not enough integration points to provide access to third party applications.

Used for:

- Tracking consultants utilisation across projects.

- timesheet to invoice

- complex approval processes

- CRM

- Financial Reporting

UE

"Great product for accounting "

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the software to your needs. The ability to complete my daily tasks on this software. The ability to run reports and export them to Excel.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve. It takes a lot of training and practice to get used to the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Meets our companies needs. You will have to try it to see if it meets yours.

The ability to run reports. The ability to enter invoices, post them, create Po's and match invocies against them. The ability to do bank reconcilliations, enter visas and expense reports, etc.

UN

"Medium sized business utlizing ByD"

What do you like best?

ByDesign is a cloud-based software that is easier to run than full SAP. As a medium size business association, the software offers enough diversity to be useful, without having to invest and struggle with the SAP.

What do you dislike?

Customization of modules and screens is somewhat limited. Quite often you encounter a bug from an update they made to the system and get error messages.

We have automated several processes throughout the company by using ByD. It has helped alleviate lots of manual spreadsheet tracking.

"SAP Software Is Always Better."

What do you like best?

SAP has very different kind of products but this one is one of the Best as it comes in cloud which reduces the infrastructure cost and time to implement and also it has both ERP and CRM. which i can find very useful and rare in the other software. and SAP is one of the best customization. and also good features like auto billing and utility billing which helps user to keep track of the bills and all the other standard modules as well.

What do you dislike?

SAP software are slow compared to other software and this one is not exception. and the implementation process and training manual is also not good.and the customization SDK is not good as well since it does not have detailed documents of modules which make hard to find methods for the developers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do you research. Make sure your processes are in line with supporting an ERP. Ask yourself if your business is ready for ERP. If so, look at SAP. It is not just for big companies. It is for your company.

We have Used this system for the ERP system to maintain the clients and customers and make the organization connected.

"Great Interface "

What do you like best?

The interface is very user friendly. The program is capable of tracking many things and the reporting is presented in a fashion that is clear and concise.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to see what might be possible when you don't have full access because you can't see it.

Scheduling, Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting

UN

"SAP Business By Design used on a day to day. "

What do you like best?

SAP Business By Design provides me with information I need to work on a daily basis. Invoicing and downloaded reports is convenient and easy. Information is stored and easily found if needed in the future.

What do you dislike?

By Design is not very user friendly. The program is challenging at times and doesn't provide help. The help center could be more detailed.

SAP Business By Design provides me with reports that help me with day to day operations. By providing detailed reports I am able to analyze and get lots of information.

Senior Marketing Manager
Telecommunications

"True cloud ERP - SAP Business ByDesign"

What do you like best?

Honestly, I can't begin to say enough good about SAP Business ByDesign. It is a true, standalone robust ERP solution that runs completely on the cloud. It is constantly being innovated, so that functionality continues to meet the diverse needs of the mid-market.

What do you dislike?

As with every cloud-based solution, specific customizations are tough. Because of this, people need to fully explore what is available out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SAP Business ByDesign is absolutely the best cloud-based ERP offering. The functionality out of the box is robust and does not require 3rd party applications to meet the needs of diverse companies.

Real-time visibility into financials, marketing campaign tracking, project accounting and project management, and overall better financial management.

"ByDesign - Great integrated ERP solution for Small to Mid-sized companies"

What do you like best?

ByDesign is a solution that can be implemented in months, instead of years. It provides a fully integrated solution across all aspects of the business and the price was competitive. I liked that it was a cloud solution with mobility. I can use it where and when I need to with any internet connection and know its secured by a reliable company. I can easily change my focus on what I am working on with the dashboard and project tabs. I am able to write any report I need for my job and save them for later. I like that they come in real time information so I don't have to update my reports. I like that I can find the information I am looking for quickly when I need it.

What do you dislike?

The solution can do everything except print the checks for employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SAP Business ByDesign is best when looking to replace your silo'ed solutions and move toward a more integrated ERP solution. Consider the cost of replacing multiple solutions for a single integrated one. If you can afford to make the shift this is a good solution to look at.

I have realized the benefits of automation in our internal processes as opposed to manual entry and duplicate entries. It allowed us to focus on the core aspects of our business rather than trying to write reports we didn't already have. It allowed for us to avoid the miscommunication of Silo'ed solutions. It gives us the ability to grow into more functionality if we need to and add users. This will be a solution that will be around for a long time and we will be able to continue to use this solution as our company grows.

"It works to help monitor production"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and figure out. Did not take a lot of training for casual users to get up and running

What do you dislike?

It does not do everything I need it to do well. Serialization and tracking of revisions still has to be done with other software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works there is better software out there, but the price point for this is good.

Tracking production, purchasing, billing, time keeping and QA.

I

"Functional SaaS ERP"

What do you like best?

Enough functions for small to mid company.

Public and private SaaS options are available.

What do you dislike?

On the other side of enough and many customizable functions, sometimes functions are too much for simple company ERP implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for SaaS and functionable ERP, SAP Business ByDesign is one of good choices.

In addition to SaaS architecture, there are many customizable functions.

(10,001+ employees)

"SAP ERP"

What do you like best?

Tight integration with various module of SAP

What do you dislike?

User interface can be much better especially fro end user perspective

Out of the box o=configuration for most of the standard configuration.

"SAP ByDesign - Archaic"

What do you like best?

The CRM capabilities are functionally sound, but can be very tough to navigate.

What do you dislike?

After working with Salesforce and HubSpot, ByDesign is very tough to work with. The interface is not user friendly, transitions aren't smooth, and information is not easily accessible.

We are trying to manage all vendors and clients through a singular platform and can do so across all functions using ByDesign.

"ByD Cautions"

What do you like best?

ByD does offer ease of use for inventory tracking

What do you dislike?

Limited customization, many bugs encountered, reliance on consulting firms, lack of technical support

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider how much money you have for consulting work. Almost everything we've done has needed consultants and its been difficult to get direct support from SAP.

Not many users have advanced knowledge and have had to reduce requirements to get the system to work for them.

Trying to connect business units together. Benefits are efficiencies in Customer Service and Accouting

"SAP BY Design review for TImesheet"

What do you like best?

- Easy time sheet SAP product

- Easy to manage Small based company

- Happy as part of incident Management System

- Easy to push data to ERP

What do you dislike?

- Really slow

- Bit complicated for first users

- Using it for timesheet

- Benefits to do invoicing

"You need to take advantage of personalization to enjoy the product"

What do you like best?

HTML5 finally and Shortcuts and Personalization

What do you dislike?

It is not simple for anyone to just start using. It requires training and walk throughs and time to get used too

CRM is fairly good

Senior Director of Global Operations and Quality
Medical Devices

"Used it for a small client"

What do you like best?

I used this for a small client of mine and it did meet their needs

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to support & it doesn't offer that much functionality that makes it worthy of the price or the support burden. It requires the database application on each client, which is a poor way to do it. It is very sluggish.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Are there alternatives?

SAP Business ByDesign Pricing