Sandbox Software Reviews & Product Details

Sandbox Software Overview

What is Sandbox Software?

Sandbox is childcare software built with educators in mind. We wake up every day with one mission - to equip owners, directors, and teachers with the best tools to grow their business. Our easy-to-use, award-winning platform speaks for itself. A true all-in-one solution that enables you to manage your center and engage with parents. Find out why thousands of educators like you, depend on Sandbox every day!

Sandbox Software Details

Sandbox child care software is making life easier for centers and preschools all over North America!

Sandbox provides an all-in-one childcare solution that is easy to use. We make it easy for you to get started and easy to train your staff. That way you can focus on what is most important, spending time with the children and growing your business.

Sandbox Software
Hamilton, ON
@SandboxTeam
146 Twitter followers

Sandbox Software Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Sandbox Software community
Have you used Sandbox Software before?

Sandbox Software Reviews

Showing 20 Sandbox Software reviews
Already have Sandbox Software?
Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Denise,

Thanks for your amazing review! You will be happy to hear that we are always making enhancements to our reporting section. We are also looking to add custom reporting later this year, so stay tuned!

What do you like best?

I loved the overall set up of Sandbox. The child's profile was easy to navigate and edit, both on the admin side and the parent side. The billing process was simple and separated parents are able to be billed separately which was a huge plus on the admin side for our program. I also really appreciated how quickly the staff at Sandbox got back to us when we would ask a question. I also really appreciated how emailing the parents was so easy using Sandbox! I enjoyed Sandbox having the different reports available to be printed so we could track attendance both on paper and the app. The reports also helped out the our team because they were able to give us a projection of the students that we would be receiving within the week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would say the downside of Sandbox was the app. The app was a little slow. I also think that Sandbox could improve how subsidy is tracked on the website. I am not sure if it was just me who wasn't able to notice if this was correct, but when my program would receive payments from CCRC and they were inputted - I would not see the subsidy payments affect the total revenue. I also found it difficult that when needing to update more than one of the classroom in the program via the website, it did not allow you check all of the rooms that were in the program. The only way I was able to update all classrooms at the same time was doing it via the Sandbox app on my phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sandbox has made it easy to communicate with parents about what is going on in the program and has also made it easy to track payments that are not subsidy payments. I also like how with Sandbox the administration is able to assist parents with their Kiosk codes because there are some programs that I have worked with that do not allow you to edit parent information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review!

We launched a brand new Teacher App last summer - let me know if that has fixed the slowness you were experiencing.

I have not heard of that subsidy tracking issue before, so if that is still an issue, please contact our team at support@runsandbox.com and they will help you resolve that as soon as possible.

Your feedback about managing classrooms has been noted and shared with the dev team. Have a great day!

Program Director
What do you like best?

We love the ease of use that Sandbox Software provides. Anytime we have an issue or question about how to use a particular feature, the customer service is immediately available to help. They even take the time to submit requests to their programmers if they hear that a particular feature would be helpful for our center.

We also have many parents who enjoy the parent portal for billing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would love for their teacher app to be a little bit different. We haven’t been able to use that because of some features we need that aren’t there yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize their support team. If it can be done they will help you find a way.

Use the parent portal right for the beginning. Parents live this feature and i wish we would have started using it right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a much easier time navigating billing for our families. And we’ve been able to track licensing requirements for children’s medical information that make our jobs so much easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Esther,

Thanks for the review! So happy to hear about your positive experience with our customer support, as this is a top priority for us!

We have launched a new Teacher App last summer with some powerful new features - let me know if this has helped!

What do you like best?

As a preschool with 170 families, we have a lot of details to keep track of! Sandbox is an intuitive, user-friendly system that keeps details well-organized and easy to find. Their support team is friendly, responsive and knowledgeable. Sandbox has taken so much of the stress out of invoicing, billing & tracking enrollments, immunizations & allergies. Within months I found I was able to navigate the software to the point of being able to build forms, generate enrollments & reports and invoice and bill families with ease & confidence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is room for improvement in regards to their billing reports, however the Sandbox team has been very responsive to feedback and problem-solving and continually improves their systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sandbox has made it easy to link families with multiple children together to make billing even easier. It's much easier to track billing or enrollment issues (than with previous software solutions) thanks to this feature. Being able to invoice & bill all families at once has been a lifesaver. Their support team knows their software well and the vast majority of the time is able to answer my questions (even the odd ones!) or solve my problems within minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Shandon,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review! So great to hear that Sandbox has been able to reduce the stress of your daily work.

We are always making enhancements to our reporting section and we are also looking to add custom reporting later this year as well. Stay tuned!

Director
What do you like best?

For me the best part of Sandbox is that I can have all "tabs" open on my screen. This makes it so I can better help the families at our school. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one main downside I can think of is that you cannot create your own reports. There are certain reports I need to be able to pull and they have not created a template for those yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't have any. Its great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sandbox has streamlined our enrollment process exponentially. What used to be a major process is now all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for the great review! So amazing to hear that Sandbox has made your job easier.

You will be happy to hear that we are planning to add custom reporting later this year. Stay tuned!

What do you like best?

The customer service team is just amazing. They are quick and efficient! The software itself is logical and intuitive. I was with a software that was rigid and Sandbox is the complete opposite, the team is not afraid to adapt to our needs. Thumbs up Sandbox! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is still work to do with more reports but the team is working super hard to always improve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing is a breeze, it was long and strenuous before I had Sandbox. Its now easy to see mistakes or correct things. Time saving for sure! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Genevieve,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this amazing review!

We are always making enhancements to our reporting section and custom reporting is scheduled to be released later this year. Stay tuned!

What do you like best?

I love the versatility of the product and how user friendly it is Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish both parents could have access to view and pay the bill. I do not like how the daily reports are set up for sharing with parents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lots of Billing issues solved with sandbox!

We wasted a ton of time on billing prior to sandbox. Sandbox is easier for us to use for billing and makes beautiful statements that are easy to read and understand for parents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Katie,

Thanks for leaving us this great review!

It is great to hear that we have been able to help you streamline your billing processes.

Your feedback about shared billing access has been noted and shared with our dev team. Have a great day!

What do you like best?

Sandbox software provides simple access for many of the necessary record keeping items utilized in childcares. It provides attendance for children/staff, billing, medical record keeping, communication with parents, enrollment and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I dislike about the program. We did a lot of research before choosing Sandbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I find it much simpler to look up immunization records on Sandbox than having to pull a child's file. We just started using Sandbox for enrollment and it has saved me a great deal of time with emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Pam,

Thanks for the amazing review!

What do you like best?

Sandbox is easy to navigate. Sandbox keeps all records and makes it very easy to find the information you need quickly. I can easily track trends in attendance. In addition, Sandbox makes keeping track of billing very simple. I can easily send payment reminders to the families who have outstanding invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found a feature that I did not like to date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is easy to navigate, very user-friendly and keeps excellent records. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of my favorite benefits is the ability to email all my parents at the same time. I also appreciate the "filter" option, so that I can send emails that pertain to certain students or groups of students without having to sort through the names myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Debra,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this great review!

So happy to hear the impact Sandbox has had on your day to day work.

AE
What do you like best?

We have had excellent customer service from Sandbox. As the software was new to us last year there were man things we needed to learn about it. Anytime a question came up we were promptly hooked into a chat with a representative who was always successful with assistance. The software makes it very easy to open up registration on line, accept payments, develop invoices and print out a variety of reports at will. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The two things that I noted in the last survey from Sandbox is that when invoices print out, charges are not in order by date. Rather they randomly show up on the invoices. The only other problem I noted was that our tax ID did not show up on tax receipts that I printed out for parents. However, as the Sandbox software continues to develop itself, I'm confident they will work these out as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use with excellent customer service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using Sandbox Software has been a big time saver for our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Thanks for your review and feedback!

Customer service is a top priority at Sandbox and we are happy to hear about your great experience.

If you have not already, please contact our team at support@runsandbox.com and they will help you resolve these issues as soon as possible!

AE
What do you like best?

We love the ease of the online billing - it makes it so easy for our clients to pay us every week! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would love to see more expansion in the future enrollment projections category. We do a lot of planning ahead and the monthly projections are not easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a software system that does everything, Sandbox is a great choice! It is the only one we found that does everything we need, and the support staff is amazing!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We keep our day to day business running with sandbox - checking the kids in and out, attendance sheets, and online billing to name a few! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Thanks for taking the time to leave this great review!

Your feedback has been noted and shared with our dev team. Have a great day!

CEO
What do you like best?

Any question is resolved immediately on chat.

Friendly, knowledgeable and great problem solvers.

All our franchisees will be using this software...

Great Management! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to have my signature for the Tax receipts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Projections Report is a great tool in order to plan ahead. Tax receipts perfect.

Keep files current for both staff and children is a wonderful benefit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Angie,

Thanks for the great review!

You are able to add your signature to Tax Receipts through the Tax Receipt Settings. Navigate to Settings > Tax Receipts. For additional assistance please contact our team at support@runsandbox.com.

What do you like best?

Sandbox is flexible and allows us the freedom to build what we need within the program to fit our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a few more features but I feel like it is growing and expanding rapidly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sandbox saves us time on billing and helps us ensure attendance is accurate. We love being able to keep track of so many things without much effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Christina,

We appreciate the amazing review!

Some big updates coming in 2021, so stay tuned!

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and keeps me totally organized! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about Sandbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sandbox is super easy to use and they give great tech support via phone or live chat always. I would definitely recommend Sandbox for anyone looking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are not having any problems with it. We now have organized reports for enrollment, attendance, finances...whatever I need! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Dana,

Thank you for the amazing review! We are thrilled to hear that Sandbox helps keep you organized.

Have a great day!

What do you like best?

I love that this is cloud based and I can check on things at the center when I am away or working remotely. I also love the ability for prospective parents to fill out an application electronically as well. The email function is awesome too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could separate subsidies sort of like tuition types. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love that teachers have access to information and even our Early Head Start funder. I was able to give their family engagement specialist access to the EHS classrooms so she could monitor attendance daily! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Christine,

Thanks for the incredible review!

Your feedback has been noted and shared with our dev team.

AP
What do you like best?

Sandbox helps us keep our childcare organized. Parents enjoy the ability of paying their bill online and our ability to communicate has been greatly improved. We have saved so many man hours by having everything in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike. Support is always very responsive to any issues I have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have solved our billing issues. We automatically pull payments each Monday so parents are not falling behind. We have been able to streamline many processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this great review!

We are so happy to hear that we are saving you and your team time every day.

UP
What do you like best?

Sandbox is very user friendly. It is not difficult to figure out how to do things, but if I do have trouble help is easily found with the chat feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very little I dislike about Sandbox. The only thing I would change is to have attendance tracking be altogether as well as by class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great resource I would highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mainly tracking funds and keeping attendance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hello,

Thanks for your great review!

Your feedback has been noted and shared with our dev team. Have a great day!

UN
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate within the program. The program is much easier than another program that we used previously. I also think that it is nice that we get to message our parents all at once and do not have to message them individually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I believe that it is a good program and so far I have not had anything to dislike about the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great database for educational purposes. We use it for an after school program and it is fantastic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Usually billing problems because I am not sure how to do what is needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this amazing review!

We are happy to hear that you find Sandbox easy to navigate as this is something we put a lot of focus on.

Have a great day!

What do you like best?

The team is always helpful and always available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, enjoy using the software. Excellent software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication with parents, transparency with payments, easy to access information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hi Habiba,

Thanks for the awesome review!

AB
What do you like best?

I enjoy how the invoices can easily be worked on and changed, edited. A lot of different ways to set camps and programs up. Nice work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I get bugs a lot when using. I will create a camp and when I go to enroll a student, it's not showing up. It's annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to have the correct lists of children. Being able to see who comes when. That is very beneficial to me as an office employee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gavin Wieske of Sandbox Software

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

This is not a bug we are aware of and it may be due to user error. Please contact our team at support@runsandbox.com and they will help you resolve this issue as soon as possible.