Salestools.io Reviews & Product Details

Salestools.io Overview

What is Salestools.io?

Salestools.io is the inventor of Live Data®, Auto Prospector that enable organisations to build predictable pipeline through validated and actionable data.

Salestools.io Details

SalesTools.io is Sales, Marketing Prospecting, and sales intelligence Software in one unified platform.

Salestools.io
2014
San Francisco, CA
@Salestoolsio
Answer a few questions to help the Salestools.io community
Have you used Salestools.io before?

Salestools.io Reviews

Showing 112 Salestools.io reviews
Already have Salestools.io?
Founder and CEO
What do you like best?

visitor tracking, width of automations available Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing to dislike yet, but would love to see a whole lot more automations in times to come. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. They have a 14day trial, so that couldn't hurt. Other than that, if you use it for a few days, you'll see why I have given such a glorious rating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prospecting, Lead Generation, follow up on hitherto blind viewership.

Benefits: Avoid having to worry about using multiple tools

This works! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Love the fact we can contact prospects via email or LinkedIn. The different automations and data enriching options will save us a fortune in saved man hours.

The customer support is super responsive and have already implemented some of our feature suggestions which is epic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does what it says on the tin, not much to dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cold prospecting, which is notoriously time consuming and difficult to do these days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Some of the tactics they employ are infuriating, yet somehow amusing to a degree. Mostly just infuriating, though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the lying, the slipperiness, having to cancel several times and being billed as if that never happened, and being turned over for collections for invoices date well after I first cancelled, even though in the US businesses are not supposed to keep asking you for money if you dispute the charges and refuse to pay. They are supposed to drop the issue or take it to court. So I didn't like what I saw as illegalities, either. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. They billed me long after I cancelled, even after they told me they would cancel, and turned me in to a collection agency. I've begged them to sue me so I can show a judge my many cancellations, their own cancellation, and their stubborn refusal to explain to me what I was paying for in plain English. So, in my opinion, if you value your credit rating, stay away.

2. After they finally gave me a product name, because I could not find anything on their website that looked like anything I would have signed up for, the product name they gave me was nowhere to be found on their website. Vapor ware? Who knows?

3. Watch your credit card statements if you cancel, keep all of your emails and other documentation, and dispute the charges with your bank. They'll return the money to you and it should be easy to prevail if they contest it if you can show you cancelled. Under US law, they have to sue you in a jurisdiction you live or work in, but be ready with your documentation. Also, instead of cancelling your subscription when you request that they do so, they may instead increase your charges. mine went from $49 per month to $69 per month, for a product I never used, after after after I cancelled. Note that 'after I cancelled' part.

4. My recommendation to Salestools.io is to sue me. I'm begging for it. Obey the law, and cease communications with me, directly or through a collection agency, and take me to court, like the law says. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest business problem is trying to figure out what kind of business they are running at Salestools.io. Are they really selling anything or is their primary revenue stream from charging for their 'services' after customers have cancelled? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Sales & Operations
What do you like best?

Nothing, I could not even use their services, they integration with google was not working and it all seemed a little fishy, I asked to cancel but they came with excuses and work arounds Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer service. Terrible company, I asked to cancel many times and they not only didn't but also charged me twice monthly. When I notice that and reach out to them they said, in very rude terms, they were correct and I was wrong. When I wrote an bad review they slapped me with a 10,000.00 dollars invoice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO not give your credit card information. If you do and try to cancel, make sure you contact everybody you know at the company until you receive a cancelation confirmation notice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Only trouble so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's a great way to prospect customers at scale, by industry and job titles. The interface is easy to use too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to cancel a plan unless customer support does it for you. And unfortunately for everyone, once you enter your card (in order to access free trial to test the product), you can't manually remove it. My guess is that they are bidding time until the system auto-charges you with a plan, then you have no choice but to use it and they'd come back to say 'sorry, your email must have slipped by me'. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please don't use it. There are better products with better customer support in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

On the surface of it there are many great features but beware Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Functions not working properly, getting error messages, emailing same recipient multiple times - sometime up to 8 times each.

Support team is extremely defensive. When you ask for help or point out a bug they insist on telling you it's not their fault.

Made many promises about delivering features / fixing issues which were never delivered after months of waiting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend you do research before using this. Do not sign up because they automatically bill you! Most features cannot be used effectively because the data they provide is so poort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Auto prospecting and emailing. The product did not work as advertised and was more detrimental. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are a lot of prospecting filters that have potential, and it's beneficial that you can sign up for a free trial. I don't have much more to say because I found the platform to be unusable and was looking for a platform where I could at least search by the name of a lead. It's a cool concept, but the execution is not great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was baffled by the inability to search for a lead by name. Apparently you can search by numerous criteria except the person's name, which is ridiculous. Instead, you have to search for the company and hope that the person you're looking for shows up in the results. There's no way to search directly for the person.

Maybe I missed this search filter, but this is a no-go and I've decided to stop using Salestools.io because there are too many better options available that are easier to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look elsewhere. This platform is clearly missing rudimentary features like being able to search by the name of a lead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I haven't realized any benefits from this product. Our goal was to increase the quality of our CRM data, but I was barely able to utilize the full features of this platform because I found it to be almost unusable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jesper Qvist of Salestools.io

I find it odd to give a 0.5 star review for something you didn't realize you could do. You can search by name it is super easy, did you ever ask our support if you had questions? I don't find it fair and actually a bit immature to give a review on the spot when you didn't ask for help.

Vice-President of the Board, Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

What I liked the best before Salestools changed: I was looking for a tool to export my LinkedIn queries to Excel sheets and came across Salestools.io. At the beginning I didn't realize what a great tool they offer. With Salestools I received a very easy to use tool to export prospects. The best thing for me is, I can do it within seconds. No need to copy or paste particular information.

With Salestools I can quickly generate a list of prospects I want to approach.

To sum up:

+ you save time

+ you get the information you are looking for (incl. e-mail)

+ Salestools looks for email addresses for you

+ growing list of CRM integrations makes Salestools very universal

+ wonderful and quick support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

UPDATE: 22.11.2017

Salestools changed the interface and removed functions that made it so good before.

Besides the customer service is totally appalling. They are not a bit customer oriented. Getting an invoice now, seems to be a mission impossible.

There was a guy before named Paul, until he left I was totally satisfied with Salestools. Now I cancelled my subscription due to the poor customer service and my experience with that and due to overwhelming changes of functionalities of Salestools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't recommend this tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This could have been the tool to accelerate my business processes but IS NOT. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jesper Qvist of Salestools.io

I checked the history with customer care and i must say your review is quite unfair, you are trashing us for now creating a custom invoice in the middle of the night for you, and you are following up multiple times within 1 hour to ask for it, our median response time is 13 minuted for customers. We answer customers that need technical help first then billing questions second, so this review is a bit personal and unfair at your end. I see the whole history you yell in your emails at our customer support each time you write!

Sales Development Manager
Outsourcing/Offshoring
What do you like best?

We had to use it in a team as a client wanted our team to use it on their behalf, at first i was sceptical because an Auto Prospector sounded like a crazy miss guided idea. But our team became the highest performing team internally as the number of calls/emails/social increased and so did the sales/meetings we closed. After this experience we have recommended new customers to use Salestools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Love if they had a few more direct numbers, but understand the pricing would change, and we did see an increase in direct dials. so they are doing something right! Also i am waiting for the new team dashboard! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time, learn your ideal customer profile, personas and design your outreach campaign and automate it with the Auto Prospector. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding and contacting new leads on behalf of clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director
What do you like best?

I'm sorry to say but there was little to like about this solution. Many of the features don't work and features that did work have been removed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything. I could have excused the application being poor but the company's Customer Service and Billing was nothing short of appalling. Their service appears to have gone down the drain as previous reviews were positive, probably off the back of a product launch however my experience and others you'll see online reflect a very different service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I see there are lot of old reviews saying how great Salestools.io are. If these are real reviews then the company has taken a nose dive as can be seen elsewhere online.

The application isn't mature enough and many features just don't work. The company behind the service is a shambles. I was billed twice for many months of my service, upon cancelling the service you get informed that you have to give 31 days notice, effectively charging you a further month. They don't take data protection seriously - I asked for my payment cards to be deleted from their system and they confirmed they would - then several weeks later billed my cards again. After kicking up a fuss they credited some of the money back - suggesting they STILL have my card details!! Customer service is provided by email, but you've no idea when you might get a response. Their support systems don't work very well and strip out screenshots or forwarded emails so you end up getting responses to something you haven't asked. I ended up wasting many hours trying to resolve this and ended up walking away having lost a few hundred pounds for a service I didn't use.

Please don't make the same mistake I did. Don't waste your money on a poor web app with even poorer company running behind it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Further business contact information which is better served by LinkedIn or Data.com Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Salestools has made prospecting for quality accounts exceptionally simple! Before using salestools we were generating poor quality leads and data feedback that was not up to par with what my company needed. Salestools is exactly the opposite, you know when you run a report on the auto prospector that your results are going to be worth investing resources in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you buy the growth plan you get the onboarding session and it is worth it, as you get an expert to advice you how to design your sales process. Spend 1 hours define your Personas and ICP's and set them up with the Auto Prospector and focus on closing business, that is amazing.

Generate more leads and meetings! We managed to solve this with Salestools after we tested several of products! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have experienced no problems using salestools. When first learning the service, it took a bit to get familiar with the processes. But anytime I had a question I could easily get ahold of someone just by going into their instant messenger chat room on the main page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Offer more during the free trial. It’s definitely worth paying for the extra features, but being able to try them might be very helpful to someone on the fence about joining. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to integrate our CRM (Salesforce iq) which makes generating leads, doing follow ups, and conducting reports a seamless process! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

Salestools.io is a fantastically easy way to reduce your prospecting time while gathering the data your sales team needs to perform at their best. We used Fiverr for years, but the leads we received were often inaccurate and irrelevant.

Salestools allows us mine prospects with precision, to ensure our team are making the maximum use of their time. Every lead is now a potential opportunity to close a deal!

The ROI is massive, and the costs are completely eclipsed by the potential returns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The Salestools guys offer great day long support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've automated a process which we were spending far too much money on. Our sales team now spend time closing deals as opposed to constantly researching prospects, which means a happier staff and a boost in revenue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

If I could get a response I might like the contacts I found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Terrible customer service.

Unresponsive

No telephone number to call Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have questions be prepared for little to no response from this company. Their webinar is out of focus and tough to follow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Generation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jesper Qvist of Salestools.io

We help and assist all customers if you email support with the link from here we are happy to assist, but as you most likely didnt contact us it is hard to help as our median resoonce time is 14 minutes!

What do you like best?

Very little to be honest. The initial sales demo over promises on all the functionality and in reality it is extremely underwhelming Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system does not work. Do not expect to find contact information for brands. I ran many different tests. The system is slow and has a complicated interface. Customer service is atrocious. Be warned, they tie you into the most expensive package after a trial. There is no warning that this will expire so it is part of their financial model to take advantage of consumers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go with another supplier. Despite their promises, the tool does not work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No benefits were realised. I was sourcing data for business development and found it useless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jesper Qvist of Salestools.io

I love to help you sound like you had a bad experience, we offer onboarding to all customers and we do not tie anyone into the most expensive package so that is incorrect.

But if you email info (a) salestoools dot io we will set up the onboarding and help you, as it seems you didn't accept our onboarding and help... The system works as advertised and you claim to have been on a demo and seen it with your own eyes!

So reach out and we help you, To give a 0 star rating here is very unfair as we are here to help and you have seen it all before joining!

Also your comment on poor customer service is not factual as our customer care produce videos for product related questions to all customers to give a 5 Star experience... To ensure it is crystal clear and unlike other companies we do not send a copy paste from a help desk...

Founder & CEO
What do you like best?

We were able to gather a lot of use contact information easily thanks to the filtering system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We love the software the pricing was a bit outside of out requirement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great for email outreach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Outbound Sales Outreach, this allows us to gather information quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Senior Director
What do you like best?

I bought into Live Data and the promise of a change, and so far my contractibility has been superior. We tested different solutions but after working with Live Dat from Salestools for 3 months we have booked more meetings than in the past! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first i disliked that it took a minute or two to double verify the prospects and email, but i realized that is a saftefy mark for quality assurance and contractibility and it is worth the wait! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should test out Live Data it is really the next level of lead and account data quality and sequences is brilliant it is a one shop solution! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed better and more accurate lead data for our sales team, and we needed to limit time spent on research and prospecting. Live Data from salestools and their technographics, it-budget and revenue data is superior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Could be an interesting tool, for high volume sales Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No all the info was accurate and the industries are not clear at all Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to generate more prospecting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy ability to search for different companies internationally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very inaccurate when searching emails and it takes a long time. It makes a best guess but even that is inaccurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure it has the ability to search the region that you want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to prospect through different technologies. I realized that I had the ability to search outside of my own market pretty easily with little effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

The cost of the platform is comparatively cheaper than some of the competitors out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They do not make their cancellation policy clear at the time of purchase and trick you in to paying for a minimum 2 months. Even after you cancel they again take a payment charging you twice for the same month, as that's their cancellation policy. The user experience is very poor, unable to figure out where to prospect from Linkedin, Twitter etc...most email data are inaccurate not worth the price at all. The Chrome extension is very poor, it doesn't scan the profiles properly and doesn't highlight duplicates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are other products much better than salestools such as Found.ly. Please enquire about cancellation policy when using any such products Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I would like them to review their cancellation policy as it is not fair on unsuspecting consumers who buy a saas product assuming if not satisfied one can cancel before the next billing date but that isn't the case with Salestools.io Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The customer service and support staff was good in attempting to explain and walk through the software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Most search functions did not work as expected -- EG searching an industry did not result in any contacts but searching for a known company in that industry did result

- constant technical issues had many calls with support and they were not able to explain why it was not working

- more time spent fighting with the issues, support, non result search bad lead information -- was not worth the time

- hidden 2 month minimum with no trial option - the webinar they did to show us the capabilities was flawless but actual usage conditions was far from ideal.

- the system got "stuck" often and we had to log out and back in.

-- READ the terms and conditions for cancellation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

READ the terms of termination. -- minimum 2 month sign up. - they threaten $10 000 charge for negative reviews and claim that they can keep your account open

they do not offer a trial period only a live demo. but the live demo was flawless. actual working was far from Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we were looking for a prospecting tool that wold provide us names and email addresses for marketing department employees. -- this tool did not succeed in that goal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

So far I have mainly used SalesTools to subtract relevant information from LinkedIn and use that information for my sales efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tool is not always easy to use as they regularly update their functionality

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it out and see for yourself Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to find the right prospects and then subtracting their relevant information for further usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

The service is easy to use and their team is really helpful and demo Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pricing model could be improved, with more transparent pricing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay away from this service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Outreach and Automatic Follow ups Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Product is affordable and although it was buggy it could work if you are on a budget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very buggy and data wasn't as accurate as we would have liked. You get what you pay for. It wasn't the right fit for us so we cancelled. Yet they continue to charge us. I emailed their founder who said "I'm not the point of contact, email billing@salestools.io", so I did that multiple times and got no reply. Went to live chat and got no reply. Booked a demo and got no reply. Stay away from these guys.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were using it for prospecting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Junior Project Manager
What do you like best?

The only plus is that salestools is integrated with our CRM (HubSpot) so we can export our contacts directly through the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Be aware of long-term commitment (T&C)

* e-mail finder rate 15% (about 15 emails found for 100 contacts added to our list)

* a lot of duplicates in searches (we were focused mostly on the US / Canada / Australia but also checked other locations)

* no free demo

You should be aware that you can not download an invoice automatically, you can not unsubscribe this tool from your dashboard (only via email or chat). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be aware of long-term commitment (read T&C carefully before subscription) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are looking for partners who are in need of experienced IT development teams.

We are not satisfied with salestools.io at all. We are still looking for another sales tool to use in our team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

Exporting contacts from Linkedin, Mailflow...BUT...NOTHING WORKED!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tons of technical issues, one after another. Kept going up on pricing (even though I was one of their first customers and they ensured me they would not). Kept restricting access and credits. When I finally got frustrated with these guys and told them that if they didn't get it working properly then I wasn't going to continue to pay, they kicked me off instantly and blocked my access!! They WOULD NOT refund my money, they WOULD NOT let me access my data. THEY KEPT MY DATA!! DO NOT USE SALESTOOLS.IO - THEY ARE SHADY and the time you waste dealing with them, you'll never get back!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DON'T DO IT! Most of these reviews are here because the salestools staff offers a significant amount of "credits" to users accounts who will give them good reviews on G2! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Good for exporting a list of potential contacts from Linkedin...if it worked consistently, which it DOES NOT Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jesper Qvist of Salestools.io

Dear Mr or Miss ?

We love to help you, we cannot follow your claims, firstly you must have miss understood something nowhere on Salestools.io it is written we are for exporting data from Linkedin, also we dont offer a product called mailflow but Sequences that works superior... If you email our support i will be happy to help you but this review is unjustified and seems biased as you are working for a competitor.

Email info@salestools.io and we are happy to assist you.

best