Salesforce Lightning Reviews & Product Details

What is Salesforce Lightning?

Built on the Salesforce App Cloud, the Lightning Experience combines the new Lightning Design System, Lightning App Builder and Lightning Components to enable anyone to quickly and easily create modern enterprise apps.

Salesforce Lightning Profile Details

Salesforce Lightning Profile Details

Salesforce
Description
The enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the Social Enterprise. We help employees collaborate and connect with customers.
1999

1-50 of 129 total Salesforce Lightning reviews

Salesforce Lightning Reviews

1-50 of 129 total Salesforce Lightning reviews
Senior Customer Success Representative

"Fully Customizable but Runs very Slow"

What do you like best?

I like how most information is readily available for us. We have created a "Vital Stats" section of the software that pulls the most pertinent information about a customer and is posted at the top of the opportunity/contact/account. This is incredibly useful for us. We use to use Zendesk to send emails and having to function out of both made things incredibly cumbersome. We can now function out of just one and have our work speed greatly increased.

What do you dislike?

The speed of the software is very frustrating for us. The old Salesforce was incredibly fast with the drop down menus. Now we have to wait for the page to load to change any thing about the clients information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your operating speeds are quick and up to date. If they aren't there will be a serious lag and negative effect on productivity.

Keeping track of clients information is very nice, everyone is always on the same page and we can reference notes about clients quickly and effectively. The benefits are seen on the customers side. We are able to reference old notes about these people and make them feel like we actually care. The customer experience is greatly improved because of Salesforce Lightning.

Technology Consultant
Management Consulting

"Mother of CRM Platforms"

What do you like best?

The Swanky UI , Easy to build and smooth navigation. This is how i would like to describe Sales force platform and lightening. We are using this in our day to day lives and best use case about lightening is being compatible with Mobile.

The Workflow automation has really nailed it. We have used all the out of box features provided by salesforce which generally provides a great roadmap.

Salesforce has replaced traditional CRM model by providing real time updates.

What do you dislike?

Real time issues which Salesforce is aware of and being worked upon by them is about login as functionality which lets user come back on the login page

we have implemented sales force Lightning for one of the client where traditional database is replaced by cloud objects to store data and real time service querying is done. The biggest impact was made to customers who saw fastest turnaround time in website loading with the blink of an eye and amazing customer ourney

Web Engineer - Development & Operations

"Super Charge your business"

What do you like best?

I love how seamlessly I can integrate data into salesforce lightning for my sales team to use. We are able to utilize this data to automate our entire marketing plan and increase enrollment. The reposting features are fantastic as well. Being able to simply put in the parameters from our marketing director and put them on his dashboard is life changing

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little confusing at times since they are still supporting Salesforce Classic, but once you learn to navigate the backend it all makes sense. There are also a few instances where dealing with support can put you in a run around. With soooo many different Salesforce products it can be hard to make sure you are talking to the right person at the right time. It really does take someone on the inside being able to initially diagnose a problem before submitting a case.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seamlessly integrate any of your existing systems into Salesforce and immediately see success.

Inability to track students through their lifecycle. Using salesforce our agents are able to properly document meeting with a student and clearly see where in the process they are. Our staff can also quickly and easily send our important documentation & service reminders. This has helped increase our enrollment rate each semester we have used it. Utilizing Salesforce Lightning we are able to share dashboards with our executive staff, eliminating the need to run weekly reports.

(10,001+ employees)

"What is so lightening about it?"

What do you like best?

It has a much better GUI than salesforce classic

What do you dislike?

when you log a call using the dialer you no longer have the option to set up a new task with that lead/contact. Lightening integration with an existing VoIP should be easier to configure, I have an assigned number in our system but have to use a random number generated by SalesForce which loses authenticity with the client. Extensions in chrome that worked fine in classic no longer work in lightening, DiscoverOrg extension is a huge one because our security protocol won't let use use the integration app

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Invest in a proper implementation, no matter what CRM you choose. You have to have best practices internally, the tool will not do everything for you

Proper metrics on call volume, meetings generated

"LITERALLY LIFE CHANGES COMPARED TO CLASSIC"

What do you like best?

I really like the full ability to really manage my pipeline through my reports and dashboards. I like that you can store information about your leads and accounts and save these + check history emails of your colleagues. You can even automate the emails. The biggest value to us is that you build reports to your future colleagues and yourself so you don't need to memorize everything or use Google Drive. Also, if you work on a lead together this can be helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the time that it takes to load the dashboards, it becomes a little time consuming when you are calling customers and updating things.

Sometimes it is difficult to locate duplicate leads within the platform which can lead to confusion when multiple reps are reaching out to one lead.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It really depends on company size. There are much more simple yet powerful CRMs available on the market today. That said, Salesforce integrates with EVERYTHING...so in many cases, it's going to be the best system of record.

We are really able to track absolutely everything that is happening with customers, We are really dependent 100% on our salesforce processes, and lightning is really making life better

Our teams are able to make informed decisions based on the data reports we have built in Salesforce and further invest in campaigns that have performed well.

Sr. Business Consultant, Sales&Support

"Salesforce Lighting is great user interface and looks nice with lot of added features "

What do you like best?

The overall look and feel of Salesforce Lightning are a lot more intuitive and less clunky than Salesforce Classic, it means a lot easier for new users to get to grips with. It is far more aesthetically pleasing and elements like the Kan-Ban view on opportunities is great for quick monitoring of opportunities. It is also far easier in terms of adding contacts and opportunities than the classic view.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues while switching to Salesforce Lightning in terms of features and functionality. However, overall it is a great software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using a CRM is a task in itself. Moving from one CRM to another without multiple training sessions will result in confusion and low adoption. This is something that has occurred at my company with this tool. Overall I would recommand other Salesforce users to switch and get experienced ligntning.

I share reports by email across our organization. We have workflows with approvals, automation with tasks, approval rules with cases. By scheduling the reports, daily, weekly, monthly, we save time, sharing valuable information on time with various departments involved. Several manual reports have been eliminated and we hope that all the request by the sales, operations, management teams.

Account Executive

"SalesForce Lightning Trumps SalesForce Classic"

What do you like best?

SalesForce Lightning seems to be a lot more compatible with the mobile app. I feel that Lightning is a lot easier to navigate than classic. You can do a lot of actions on the same screen underneath an account versus having to leave the page to navigate like you have to do on classic.

What do you dislike?

In depth training is necessary. Our SalesForce administrator gave an in depth training that set our team up for success.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend making the switch from SalesForce classic to SalesForce Lightning. It is a lot easier to use once you get the hang of it.

Our company relies heavily on tracking goals through SalesForce. Goals are a lot easier to measure now that we're using lightning.

Client Acquisition

"Great for SF basic users but missing a few features"

What do you like best?

The overall feel of Salesforce Lightning is a lot more intuitive and less clunky than Salesforce Classic, meaning it is easier for new users to get to grips with. It is far more aesthetically pleasing and elements like the Kan-Ban view on opportunities is great for quick monitoring of opportunities. It is also far easier in terms of adding contacts and opportunities than the classic view.

What do you dislike?

There are features that are missing from the classic SF meaning if you are an admin or power user you will constantly need to flip between the two views which is inconvenient. Reporting is not as easy to set up and some integrations do not work with the lightning view.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider what you currently use Salesforce Classic for and if it is solely for making records and monitoring opportunities then Lightning could be a good fit. If you have many integrations and reporting then potentially it's worth checking if these would be available.

New users are quick to get to grips with Salesforce Lightning so if the additional functionality is not always necessary it speeds up the onboarding of new staff that are inexperienced, and for sales meetings being able to view opportunity stages from one page is great.

IT Specialist

"An experience worth trying."

What do you like best?

Mostly I like the newer look and feel and how everything flows together. I feel like the flow of the product is now more coherent to what most modern day products are like today. It looks like better than classic and is continuing to grow.

What do you dislike?

I am disappointed that some of my favorite, or most used features of classic have gone missing in lightning, yet I think that what I was trying to accomplish in the past still can be accomplished, I just need to figure out a new strategy. Overall, a bit upset that there is some re-work involved just to give a new image.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. You do not want to get stuck in the past if you are coming from Classic. Also, if you are coming from another product altogether it is great. The support team has your back, but mostly the community that has been created around Salesforce is incredible. Something worth looking into and something you can get yourself involved in before you purchase.

We are trying to keep up with what is being developed. There are many new features that are coming out that are awesome and we want to harness their power and cannot unless we enabled lightning. We have already found a benefit with the re-usability of the components and the chatter refreshing. I like that more is still coming and we will be able to take advantage of it all.

"It's like the Medical Charting system for sales/service professionals"

What do you like best?

I love having everything in one place for my customer. All contact and business info as well as all phone call notes proposals, scheduled calls and events. I can even schedule events for a 8 or months out on my calendar so I do not forget!

What do you dislike?

I don't like all the clicks to get around. Too many. I don't like how to find all the information on a contact, I have to click on contacts, then the contact and then to see all the info, I have to "edit" the contact. Errors can happen there. I also wish there was one home screen for the customer that listed, very clearly, all the pertinent info for that customer at a quick glance. Not to have to click between several screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to learn this software and then create the habit of using it everyday. You will love it then for helping your to stay organized and on top of many customers now and in the future!

This program is instrumental in organizing all the data for each customer. For the folks working on it now and for anyone who needs to come in and help later.

"Salesforce Lightning - An Everyday User's Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigation and use is what makes Salesforce Lightning superior to its predecessor. Salesforce Classic.

As well, the Lightning platform is much more visually aesthetic than Classic and as a result, it seems easier to navigate through all of its features.

The ability to drag and drop files is also a big convenience.

What do you dislike?

I've found that unlike Salesforce Classic, Salesforce Lightning tends to load quite a bit slower. As well, as it is a newer version of the platform, there are a lot of updates that are added that causes some of its features to often be "down" while the updates are made.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To maximize the ease of use I highly recommend utilizing the free Trailhead courses that Salesforce provides.

You can find this at https://trailhead.salesforce.com/

There you can learn all the ins and out of the platform and not just how to use it, but also how to create within it.

I use Salesforce Lightning on a daily basis as my company uses it to house all of our customers and their protection plans. I am able to view a customer's account, which has all their warranties attached to it, and under those warranties lives every claim that has been filed.

As well, we are able to communicate between departments as Salesforce gives us the ability to create tickets and assign them to different queues within the company. This ensures that all communication between the customer and our specialists, as well as within the company, is happily situated and easy to locate in the customer's account.

"Salesforce is a great CRM"

What do you like best?

I like that with a company of mine's size, I am able to search for any client that has done business with us. It's an awesome resource to search and consolidate client information and plan/organize my business day.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that my company had not made this software available company wide sooner than it has. But, in regards to its functionality, I wish that it was a little more customize-able in its view settings. I also wish that it would highlight the tabs that open. They tend to blend in with the platform and can be easily overlooked.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! It will take a little time to conquer, but in the long run it will make your life MUCH easier.

Cutting out spreadsheets, contacts lists, mystery behind client/business existing relationships.

Squaretrade Claims Supervisor

"I prefer Salesforce Console View."

What do you like best?

I like the aesthetics of Salesforce lightning; it's much more pleasing to the eye and less 'robotic' looking than Console View is. I also like some of the additional functionality that is included with Lightning that is not available with Console View. (For example, the action link to resend an e-mail in the click of a button is great; it's much better than having to manually forward the entire e-mail as you have to in Console View.)

What do you dislike?

Despite the name of the program being called 'Salesforce Lightning', it definitely does not run Lightning Fast. In fact, it is very, very slow. When you work in a call center, it is very important that the software you are using works at the same pace you do so you don't have to place customers on hold unnecessarily and increase the length of your calls. Additionally, it is very annoying that it asks for permission for you to leave the current page when you perform Administrative functions. Even though Console View lacks some of the functionality that Lightning does, I prefer using Console View since it is more efficient and better fits my needs.

Specialists at my job who are in training can often find Console View confusing since the information can look 'robotic', but Lightning is more approachable and new hires tend to respond much better to it than they do Console View. The additional functionality that it provides also helps specialists on their calls when they need to perform simple functions that used to take more time to do.

UE

"Fantastic CRM with a huge amount of flexibility"

What do you like best?

Sleek design with a ton of flexibility that allows you to add fields to make sure your sales staff is adding all the necessary information into the system. The robust reporting feature allows you to pull data across a variety of different metrics to find exactly what you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

Some workflows can be a little clunky but it's been getting better as the lightning platform has been out. Also, when adding fields be sure to brief your sales team on the information you NEED in the system and what each field's purpose is.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Salesforce is the best in the business for a good reason. Their platform is the most flexible and robust CRM out of every tool I've used so far.

SF lightening has given more insight into what the sales reps are doing in terms of engagement with leads, account management, and pipeline management. Sales reps can now work together to collaborate on larger deals and keep things from slipping through the cracks.

AB

"Takes a while to get used to, but worth it"

What do you like best?

salesforce lightning has done an overhaul on some standard objects, which has been great. the graphics are very nice and the reporting and dashboarding capabilities have greatly increased.

What do you dislike?

While there are many things that have improved, they have lost out on some key functions that were available in Classic. i think salesforce spent too much time trying to predict any possible standard functions and didn't allow for the customization that was available in classic. because of this, i think that salesforce wanted so badly to have a clean user interface that they restricted the possible customizations that may have affected that, even if they were necessary for the individual organizations.

we are able to keep much more of our reporting within salesforce rather than having to manipulate in excel. this is great because as soon as you take data out of salesforce, it is dated. having management look at dynamic reports and dashboards is so much more useful.

"A powerful CRM that your company must have"

What do you like best?

I like all the expansion potential that can be integrated. It is excellent for sharing Reports and analyze or present Dashboards. Salesforce helps us to organize a lot of customer information, which allows us to serve in a more personalized way. We can record all the information of transactions, calls, claims. The customers have the security that they are in a serious company with an excellent technological reach.

What do you dislike?

I can not share Dashboards like in the classic version. I would like that function to be activated. The marketing part should have more facilities and better options available to create successful campaigns.

When changing from classic to lightning several fields implemented with another application, have been affected. For this reason, not all users can move to this new version. We are currently working on these small issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Salesforce is very complete and accessible to integrate with many applications. It is an excellent option. There is also the option to change to classic if you are not comfortable.

For the moment, I share elegant reports by email. We have workflows with approvals, automations with tasks, approval rules with cases. By scheduling the reports, daily, weekly, monthly, we save time, sharing valuable information on time with various departments involved. Several manual reports have been eliminated and we hope that all the request ( by sales team or another department ) emails will soon decrease because we need to turn them into tasks.

Marketing Operations and Analytics Specialist

"When Hubspot just doesn't cut it anymore"

What do you like best?

Unlimited possibilities if you know how to use it. You can do anything you really need in terms of custom objects, fields, integrations, custom code etc. However you all these features come with an extremely steep learning curve which thankfully salesforce's trailhead program helps offset but not eliminate.

What do you dislike?

Spending weeks on training and research to have anything past basic functionality is a large adoption hurdle for anybody in our organization that isn't in sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unless you have certified salesforce admins already, get a consultant to help setup and onboard.

Integration between SFDC and Marketo and other systems helps with keeping data parity between our marketing tech stack.

"Loving the Lightning "

What do you like best?

We recently switched to Salesforce Lightning from what we know as "Salesforce Classic". While Salesforce Lightning does basically all the same things as the previous version, I must say the interface has improved drastically which has made it MUCH more user friendly

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily anything to dislike but I will say one thing I wish the developers would improve on is the Mass Edit function. Right now there's only select fields you're able to mass edit. One of the biggest setbacks of Mass Edit is that you can't Mass Edit dollar amounts of anything. This makes our month to month pending and projections a much more tedious task than it needs to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely a game changer for a sales professional. While I have not been a sales rep very long (going on 4 years) I can say with confidence that Salesforce has to be one of the best CRM tools out there.

Keeping track of accounts, meetings, emails- pretty much everything you do in sales- has become so much more organized. I used to print out emails. Now I just file them away in Salesforce. It's definitely helped me stay more organized.

Full Time Student

"Salesforce is an efficient tool for a university's Admissions Department"

What do you like best?

It's very well organized. Any time I need to find a student's profile or application status, I can find it on Salesforce with ease. There's also the calendar, which makes events super easy to organize. I also light the color scheme, I think it looks more sleek and modern, yet there's enough color to be pleasing to the eyes.

What do you dislike?

The switch from the older version to the lightning version was counter-intuitive at first. I like the lightning version better, but it took some time to get used to. For some of my co-workers, they prefer to not use the lightning version.

I use Salesforce for my position as the front desk receptionist for the Admissions Department at my university. I solve problems involving perspective student applications, campus visit tours, and other events involving scheduling visitors.

Partner
Financial Services

"Outstanding Platform; Improves Every Release"

What do you like best?

The Lightning platform provides an east to navigate modern interface for Salesforce and improves with every release. At this point virtually all functionality in the classic interface is available and fully functional in Lightning, and Lightning provides additional functionality not available in Classic.

What do you dislike?

While initially, our use of Lightning required frequent switches to Classic, today Lightning virtually stands on its own and is an outstanding platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Salesforce is absolutely the correct decision. The ecosystem is extensive and third party add-on components, applications, and extensions are readily available.

Lightning has provided our organization an easy to navigate user interface with incredible administrative capacity. As a result, our users access a slick modern interface and our administrators maintain full control over what data is provided to each class of users.

"Great for tasking, time management and organization"

What do you like best?

Easy to view tasks and change the status. Great for keeping track of time and reporting to management. The chatter tool is easy to use and notifies in email form as well. Able to create and update notes easily. Time reports show daily or weekly total time.

What do you dislike?

Lots of small glitches weekly. While they are usually resolved fairly quickly (within a few days to a week or so), it can still be challenging to have small things break each week and have to find work arounds while it's being fixed. It can also be difficult to personalize some things. If other employees change something, it can change it for everyone - like filters for tasks or timing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Takes time to implement and find your way around the system, especially when customization has been done for your company. But overall easy to use and helps with communication between team members, management, and clients.

Time management, organization, communication.

Project Manager
Legal Services

"Project Management tool that is versitile, but not perfect."

What do you like best?

We were able to customize the tool in order to meet our existing and standard work flows and make modifications on a variety of tickets in order to customize workflow. We were also able to connect it to our invoicing and CRM tools.

What do you dislike?

There was a steep learning curve and the reporting function was not intuitive. However, once trained, it becomes easier to manipulate the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Speak with a Salesforce Admin to understand the capabilities of the product when evaluating to ensure you are using all the various tools.

We solved a ticketing systems between various divisions using either proprietary or other solutions that were outdated or unworkable. We were able to standardize workflows across offices, allowing us to shift resources between offices to accommodate work.

"Salesforce lighting has its issues"

What do you like best?

Clean sleek look. Reports are easier to build and look better,

What do you dislike?

Usability was compromised with the new look. New interface appears great but functionality is not like it used to be. Specifically, viewing activities and events is a nightmare in Salesforce lighting... It used to be quick and easy to find the events (just scroll down) and easy to get a glimpse at all past activities... Now you can only see a couple which is uninformative. If one was to examine the activities you want to see a lot and not have to open a new page..

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Salesforce is the best platform for a CRM... however lighting needs to be redesigned with a bigger importance on making it more user friendly

Basic CRM needs of a business as part of our sales needs

Fair Trade fellow

"Comprehnseive data tracking software"

What do you like best?

Can store data and pull lists by region so it's very simple to keep track of large amounts of data. I can also add personal notes to each contact that I can then download by region or whatever filter I choose and that can be shared with any team member who has a log in.

What do you dislike?

The system is complicated to use at first and takes some getting used to. Its also hard to see thr noted i wrote unless I pull them up individually by accputn-- I wish they would be displayed at the main account menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you you watch a tutorial to get all the benefits of the program before using.

Tracking data, creating marketing lists, sharing multiple data points from various networks in 1 platform amongst many users are a few of the many benefits. As a virtual team across 10 states, we are able to enter thousands of user's information and share data across regions which helps streamline our communication.

"New Conversion to SF Lightning "

What do you like best?

The dashboard in this version of SF is very easy to navigate. It is clean, concise, and keeps you up to date on your tasks and sales performance. It is much easier to add tasks, contacts and other events into the system.

What do you dislike?

It is really tough to move from the old platform to this platform. I've had difficulty accessing reports that we typically use on a daily basis. We also cannot make campaigns anymore. This may not be a SF for Lightning issue but a change in settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have multiple training sessions with the users. Using a CRM is a task in itself. Moving from one CRM to another without multiple training sessions will result in confusion and low adoption. This is something that has occurred at my company with this tool. We are now taking the steps to correct that but it should have been done immediately.

This is the CRM tool that we use within our sales team. We mange all opportunities and accounts out of SF. The benefits are seen in our ability to track our opportunities and all communications with our clients.

Business Development Manager
Media Production

"Lighting for Salesforce"

What do you like best?

There functionality is better, it has many options for tracking goals, revenue by month, quarter, calls, activity. Its feels like it's a better platform- I've only been on it for a few months

What do you dislike?

I just started using it and it's hard to find stuff. I cannot locate my insidesales.com power dialer also so that's a little annoying

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a really good option for SF users. The end user experience is getting better with each update and new version of the software. I think they take a good amount of consideration of what the system is used for when developing the software. I've used other types and Salesforce is definitely one of the best out there.

The end-user experience is the most important part of a CRM. CRM adaptation is always a challenge for all companies to embrace, when the experience is useful, turn-key, and flexible, the end-user is more likely to use the CRM- lighting makes it a nicer experience IMO

SYSTEM ENGR

"Lightning is Light"

What do you like best?

Improving the user experience for the partners where they need to manage their access to different tools both within and outside salesforce. I would say that lightning is light because its components were built to streamline the user experience.

The setup menu is also grouped together according to the various functions that makes it easier for the admin to manage the configurations better compared to the classic experience where you will have to remember the exact path

What do you dislike?

Our client is using to improve the user experience and better align the application with the salesforce product roadmap

Business Development

"Great UI but not fully featured"

What do you like best?

i love the user interface. the apple-esq quality compared to the classic version is outstanding. the interaction available with the reports is unmatchable

What do you dislike?

the worst part of lightning is its inability to deliver all aspects that classic provides. no quoting ect ,makes adoption hard for my org. the fragmentation then leads to a reduced adoption of lightning and remaining at the lower common denomenator which is classic

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make sure it provides solutions to all of your needs as not all objects and items are functional or accessable via lightning

not sure we are solving anything with lightning, it would be of great use but again the fragmentation of the software makes that difficult.

"BEST CONSOLE EVER "

What do you like best?

What I like most of this software is that it proves to be solid, and it has a customized platform in which it performs in a concretely way, it has many functionalities for those experts in marketing sales, customer service, client management, and operations. Also, it has a responsive support system; you can reach out anyone in the loop with any issues or important matter. This platform changes the way you address customer issues and provides resolutions through cases getting clear communication with a faster resolution. It is an efficient platform in which you can develop your capabilities and knowledge and at the same, getting good customer service and satisfaction. I also like that you can create your tasks or reminders on the same platform without any issue.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features on this software, so it takes a while to get familiarized with everything.

The lightning version seems to be cool but doesn't function quickly and easy like the classic version; it is more difficult to use and to understand. Besides that, it is an excellent software you just need to know the functionalities of every tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

What I would recommend is to make sure of the functionalities that this platform provides, It can be hard to use at the beginning, but you just need to figure out what is the function from every tool.

I will truly recommend this platform for any business it provides an excellent console that can be useful for any employee.

I solved customer problems through cases, we communicate via email in regards an order discrepancy or sometimes they communicate with us to get an updated Quote.

Salesforce keeps track of all your interactions, I think it is very helpful to see what other members of your team have been working on with those clients as well having a backup of every scenario that is involved with the customer.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Keeps me on Track"

What do you like best?

The best part about salesforce was probably how easy it was to pick up. We were all so nervous when we started tracking our hours that it was going to be a huge hassle and regret the change, but completely the opposite. Its become second nature and we now have way better insights into how many hours we spend working on specific clients throughout the course of a program. Its become very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I think it can be very frustrating the first couple times you get an error, because it doesn't always let you know why you got the error or how to fix it, but we've learned little tricks here and there!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it time! Its hard to get used to new systems, but this one is worth the pay out.

Its solved the problem of assuming that we are all spending a consistent amount of time each week on every single client. And that is far from the case. It's helped us bill better and plan better for the future.

Director of Marketing

"Lightning Modern UI and great features"

What do you like best?

Modular pages are really nice to work with. Extending the app capabilities from objects to on page components is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Calendars are great with custom object lists, but the actions are missing to create records in those objects from that page. Also needs to be ready for iPad (lighting full site)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a better UI than anything we have seen, and the modular 'lego' like aspect of pages extends an already flexible platform to do just about anything!

The calendar was a huge win in our medical practice to manage appointments.

Senior Onboarding Specialist

"Salesforce Lightning is easy to use - user friendly. "

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of it and how user friendly it is for me. We were using Salesforce Classic and Lightning is so much better for the job I do now - it’s a lot of administrative work and it’s easier to navigate around quickly.

What do you dislike?

It tends to be slow sometimes, but not too bad.

It just makes everything easily accessible and convenient because instead of using Zendesk and Salesforce, we now just use Salesforce Lightning.

Evaluation and Grants Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Love the ability to customize"

What do you like best?

The things I like the best about lightning are the ease of use compared to classic, the friendly user interface, and the speed of customization. When making system changes, the lightning interface allows system administrators to see exactly how pages will look for end-users.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that all features of classic aren't available in lightening. Also some features are better in classic even though I like lightning better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have someone well-trained on developing.

We are using Lightning to manage a child welfare nonprofit's information.

Lead Consultant
(10,001+ employees)

"Salesforce Lightning - Myths and Facts!"

What do you like best?

Ability to edit records directly in the list view without having to navigate to the individual record's edit page and saving them one by one is a huge time saver and improves the user experience by leaps and bounds.

What do you dislike?

The performance of the lightning components fares lower than what we could accomplish with apex and visual force pages especially when the data volume increases. Lightning process builder also has certain limitations such as difficult to stop the recursive calls that could result in hitting the governor limits

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a prevalent myth that everything will improve / change dramatically by going with lightning for all the use cases. Each use case needs to be evaluated with respect to the cost and benefits of building it in lightning vs classic and the suitable decision should be taken

To improve the user experience for the partners where they need to manage their access to different tools both within and outside salesforce. The lightning components were built to streamline the user experience.

Office Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Salesforce Upgrade! "

What do you like best?

We just switched to this more efficient platform that the one we were using before, and it is SO helpful! Others on our team that haven't used Salesforce before are really excited about what it's going to do for our communication about donors!

What do you dislike?

We haven't been in the program long enough, so, right now, just getting used to the differences. But so far, so good!!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

USE IT!!!

We have been able to more effectively map specific data over from our payment gateway. It has been so helpful for our whole team to be able to add notes based on their interactions with our donors!

UE

"Incredibly powerful"

What do you like best?

The new design makes it much more intuitive and easy to navigate. The ability to customize your own dashboard to readily see information that is important to you, is great. Additionally, the assistant tool on the main homepage is a nice little add on that helps keep you organized with your open opportunities and over due tasks.

What do you dislike?

It seems that they are still working out some kinks in Lightning. It can be a bit "buggy" at times. Need to reload pages often, especially when it is running slow. I don't like that they haven't moved the recycle bin into lightning, if you accidentally deleted something, you need to change your view to classic in order to get to the recycle bin to retrieve it.

Our sales team needed a tool that really helped us forecast sales, keep our opportunities organized with real business insights. Our team is easily able to report on sales for the month, forecasting and identifying opportunities for the future. SF Lightning has tons of flexibility to cater to the unique needs of every business.

AM

"Effective, but not always intuitive"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a decent CRM system and helps us track our communications with leads and contacts. Sometimes the search function is a mind reader and will search for the right term even when I mistype it. The dashboards offer a nice snapshot of what the team is doing.

What do you dislike?

Duplicate detection and record updating is not terribly easy, search is not always intuitive either - I would hope that if I typed in something like "meadow" it would show me records that included "meadows" or another variation of the word. I'd also be able to select most records at one time to bulk manage (like change owner or add to a campaign).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's robust and effective, but definitely get training before diving in.

Customer contact, lead nurturing efforts and sales force activities.

Account Executive

"It's called Lightning for a reason"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to customise your reports and filter results.

Also, the bulk import feature and DupeCatcher are simple and robust meaning keeping your CRM tidy is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

No longer have the ability to add a time to tasks, just the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look at how you can build your dashboard to ensure you are constantly aware of where you stand with each of your leads.

Lightning is incredibly well thought out, it saves so much time when prepping for a call with a client or prospect.

Being able to customise it for the exact requirements mean that you can solve any problem you currently face with CRM.

AC

"Looks nicer and generally better functionality but still missing key features"

What do you like best?

The reports look nicer and are easier to manipulate. I also like the page layouts.

What do you dislike?

There are still some things that can only be done in classic. Can't merge leads in lightning. Can't search for converted leads in lightning without going through reports. The admin portal is more difficult to use in lightning because the search toolbar is not as good, plus the spacing of the results on the page make it so that you have click through multiple pages to see all the results.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your sales team is used to salesforce classic, they will put up a fit when switching to lightning. Change is hard and lightning is a big adjustment. I would suggest as an admin, still giving yourself access to classic because not all features from classic have been ported to lightning yet.

Same business problems as with salesforce classic. Honestly, we use other marketing automation and sales automation tools for the top of the funnel because salesforce is not easy to use for those functions. We only use salesforce directly to track existing opportunities and run forecasting reports off of those.