Salesforce Essentials Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

I like that I can log notes on a particular call that I have made. Helps me keep track of discussions I have had with each account. I also like being able to run reports on my weekly activities with my accounts. I am able to share those reports with my manager. It really helps that I can access Salesforce from my I Phone, I Pad or my computer. Very handy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t feel that the customer service is easy to use. In the past, when I had a question, it was difficult to access the help screen. When I would finally get through, someone had to call me and they were usually from India. Had a very hard time understanding the support person. I also think your tutorials could be better. The sandbox edition is a joke. I got stuck on one question that I couldn’t answer correctly and I couldn’t advance no matter what I did. Never used it again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It helps to discuss with a Salesforce representative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lets me see what I discussed with a customer on my previous call. Allows me to run reports showing my activities on a weekly or monthly basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesforce Essentials Overview

What is Salesforce Essentials?

Salesforce Essentials makes it possible to tap into the power of Salesforce to build stronger customer relationships with a combined sales and support CRM for small business that is easy to use, setup, and maintain — for just $25 per user per month. Since Essentials is built on the world's #1 CRM platform complete with a mobile app, small businesses can start working from anywhere, knowing they have the tools they need to collaborate and stay connected to customers. With Essentials, you can sell faster with a customizable view of all your sales details. Essentials ensures that you spend less time in spreadsheets and more time selling by tracking your emails, calls and meetings to automatically keep customer records up-to-date without tedious data entry. Once you close a deal, Essentials also includes a ton of customer service for small business productivity tools to help you make every new customer a loyal one. You can automate repetitive tasks, route questions to the best team member, and help customers help themselves with a branded self-service portal.

Salesforce Essentials Details

Salesforce Essentials makes it easy for small businesses to tap into the power of Salesforce to build stronger customer relationships with a combined sales and support CRM that is easy to use, setup, and maintain — for just $25 per user per month.

Not all CRMs are created equal. Here’s why growing businesses choose Essentials over Salesforce alternatives:
A Complete Customer View - Grow your business faster than ever with all customer data in one place. Goodbye, spreadsheets. So long, shared inboxes.
A Platform Built for Growth - No need to worry about outgrowing your CRM... ever. It's easy to upgrade users and functionality when you're ready.
Automatic Innovation - All users receive product upgrades, new features, and groundbreaking technology (like artificial intelligence) three times a year for free.

Small businesses everywhere are choosing the #1 CRM platform over Salesforce competitors like never before. Join them. +25% in revenue
+38% sales productivity

$17,098
@salesforce
48,114 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Salesforce is a customer relationship management solution that brings customers and companies together. It's one integrated CRM platform that gives all your departments — including marketing, sales, commerce, and service — a single, shared view of every customer.

Salesforce Essentials Videos

Salesforce Essentials Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Salesforce Essentials community
Have you used Salesforce Essentials before?

Salesforce Essentials Reviews

Showing 459 Salesforce Essentials reviews
Already have Salesforce Essentials?
Principal
Salesforce Essentials
What do you like best?

Salesforce Essentials out of the box setup is really intuitive and helpful. The basic template for Sales and Service Cloud setup can be useful for a System Admin just learning the CRM environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I thought that it was a bit difficult to formulate security measures for different roles and users. I thought that the limitation and ability to create multiple user profiles could be improved. I understand that Role Hierarchy and Permission sets could be used but I thought that if given the ability to create multiple profiles instead of Sub permission sets it would be easier to keep track of what each user has access to. and Salesforce Support seemed to be very limited at the Essential tier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this for small businesses with very little need to customize the standard Salesforce Essentials platform. I would recommend trying a trial period of at least 30 days and have a plan of action that could be implemented well before that trial starts. As I previously stated, Salesforce Essential is a great start but it is limited when it comes to having the ability to create custom solutions with Apex code which is not available at this level. Also, very limited solutions in the App Exchange that is compatible with Salesforce Essential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Centralized platform for all of our internal users and employees. A great tool and platform to help our operations team to manage our clientele as they go through our onboarding process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Salesforce Essentials
Enterprise Sales
What do you like best?

All the Salesforce reporting capabilities that I've used my sales career and familiar UI. Ability to generate most of the reporting I have needs for and the price point fits our needs. There are still a ton of add on applications that still work in the Essentials version which is really helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not abundantly clear when a function that I'm looking for is not available in Essentials. I've tried to write a few reports and certain data fields aren't in this version. It would be nice to see if they are available and just not in this version so I don't keep looking for something that isn't going to be there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just make sure the functionality you are looking for from Salesforce is in Essentials and you'll be very happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need a CRM for sales efforts and for customer tracking. We send out regular emails to clients with release notes and need to track contracts and other documentation associated with clients. We need reporting for ARR and MRR tracking as well and this does that very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The most important features of opportunities, contacts, leads and accounts are pretty straightforward. It's better than me trying to manage the pipeline in a non-product approach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is way too much backend configuration and understanding required in almost every use case. It becomes clearer and clearer that the platform is an extremely cobbled together platform where there has not been much care in the integration and user experience of the features and functionality. It's very easy to get frustrated and lost. Almost immediately, you figure you need a Salesforce administrator as a full-time job if you want to use the SaaS to any level of reasonable adeptness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The basic functions work fine, but it can quickly become overwhelming, or find yourself staring at a tough learning curve if you want to customize or leverage anything that is "available" but not out of the box. Many things will not be out of the box, and-- considering I am deemed pretty technically competent by peers-- you will find it frustrating to deal with these aspects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of effective sales and pipeline management. We are solving the problem of a lack of accountability and siloes that previously existed in our sales management. The benefit is that there is good visibility for leaders, and an easy way for those selling to manage and update opportunities. It also ensures that those selling keep a more watchful eye on their contacts, leads, and opportunities, regularly update so management has that visibility, and hopefully they will move towards a close more effectively and/or faster. Another benefit is that we have no duplication in understanding our sales cycles b/c many people selling may have to work on a single sale depending on their expertise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SalesForce organizes all information for accounts in one place. I keep up with past calls, contacts, contact information, future events, etc. It's really helpful in staying organized for my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The layout/views at times can be hard. I will want to see something that I think should be on the same screen, but will require more clicking/searching. Some of this can be bulky for my needs too. I don't have a team working on this with me, so am just an individual using the program. Something with less functionality would work for me, but all of the additional features are great to have in the event that we will add others to this in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will get a lot of functionality out of this program. If you have a sales team that needs to see accounts to work with, if you're assigning tasks to people, or if you need to share information across a team this would be a great platform for that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am see the consistency or lack of consistency with contacting certain customers/accounts. It helps me to see the infrequent times between contact and to reach out to people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy the uniformity and centralization of my sales information. Being able to track customer progress and review all emails specifically from them without digging through my inbox makes life very much easier. Also, have a place where I can hold both my sales platform and customer service platform for ticket requests or bugs is excellent. The only thing is finding the appropriate people to build out the platform to ensure it meets my company needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the inability to delete mass records in some lists. I am new to salesforce and added information into the wrong bucket, but I can't delete the records in an easy way. There's a big learning curve to using salesforce so I would recommend offering training with an advisory or something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure it meets your specific business needs and attend webinars and training sessions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem of visibility within my contacted potential and engaged customers is what I'm solving. I have definitely realized this and are having a much easier time managing customers, sales processes, and access to the trailblazer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director Business Development
What do you like best?

Making a single database entry automatically updates multiple fields - account, contact, opportunity, and even next steps. Though it was a little clunky to install, Inbox provided a seamless integration with gmail. So an email sent to a prospect becomes an automatic update in Salesforce once I click send. If the prospect is a new one, I can "make a new lead or contact" directly from gmail.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In lightning edition, it's difficult to merge accounts or contacts. Much easier and more intuitive in classic version. It would also be nice to have a daily summary of actions taken.

When I am on a call, I click "log a call" to take notes. Every once in a while, especially after a long call, I move to a different screen and forget to click "save." All notes are lost at that point. It would be nice to have reminder "HEY - you sure you want to leave this page and lose all the notes you have been taking for the last 45 minutes? Really?" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Structured follow-up actions. After every entry, I schedule a follow up action. Without that, there is no way to keep track of multiple action items and opportunities would fall to the wayside. 2. Easy view of opportunities, where prospective deals stand and how that translates to quarterly $$$. That also means that others in the company can have quick access to the status of deals. No need for multiple excel spreadsheets when the team has access to a myriad of available reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

User friendly, easily customized, and works great on mobile device. Great for tracking customers, prospects, and opportunities. I really like the seamless gmail integration, allows you to store emails sent to contacts as related activities in Salesforce. Great reporting and dashboard capabilities with scheduling and email delivery capabilities. Easy to set up.

I like using salesforce opportunities and the sales path feature to keep track of opportunities and where they stand within the sales process. I also like being prompted to set key related data points and complete tasks to at specific stages within an opportunity. The process feels streamlined and much more organized. I really like the Trailblazer community as a source of knowledge and training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No API access with essentials version, but you can upgrade if you need integration/API. The multitude of menu options can be overwhelming for new users. There are often times when I have to use their community site to fully understand which features are available in essentials vs the other versions of Salesforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great CRM for small businesses. Meets all of the basic CRM needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to track existing customers, prospects and opportunities as well as activities related to them. Much more streamlined and organized than using a spreadsheet with minimal effort. Having the Assistant on the home page really helps to alert me to the records that need my attention. I was struggling to keep track of all my customers and ensure timely follow up after initial contact with them or sending them a quote. Salesforce has helped me track everything and set dates to follow up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The reporting feature makes it easy to measure the performance of the entire team as well as individuals. The dashboard can be easily built and shared with other teams in the company.

The ability to configure interfaces allows advanced users to be able to fine-tune the tool based on their specific preferences.

AI-based Einstein feature is helpful in aggregating all communications. It required some basic setup but manageable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can take time to find the right information. The platform has grown very complex and would require a lot of navigating and searching to find the right place for your needs. There are some out-dated information in the help article, which makes it even harder to find the right information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Allocate sufficient time in learning & training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesforce is being used across our company as the main tool to streamline and solidify our customer relationship management needs. It is very straightforward to track and monitor leads, contacts, accounts, conversions, deals throughout the entire sales process. The dashboard and reporting are used to measure past performance and predict future metrics.

Our DEV team also leverages the salesforce APIs to integrate Auryc into Salesforce for ourselves and our customers. With Auryc's analytical insights and session replays directly embedded in the salesforce interface, it is very easy to discover more actionable insights to help Sales & Marketing team to more effectively convert leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that they do allow a developer edition and that does come with API access. This is nice and all but again, we have to figure out yet another complexity in the parent child relationships and mapping. It is nice that they allow you to have full features in the developer edition and it truly shows you the power of salesforce. The API access would really help small companies work to their full potential and in turn can lead to salesforce subscription upgrades! The platform is as robust as they come with almost every setting being customizable, again, I really think the key to unlocking the true potential from a customer side of things, is the API access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Plain and simple, the fact that there is NO API access. The attempts that I took, and the hoops that I went through to try to just get some data out of salesforce was unbelievable. The platform itself is definitely robust, a bit too robust which makes it complicated as it is to use. Then to add too that layer of complexity you have to find workarounds to not having API access. In my opinion, that is literally the only thing they can improve on to make this platform really worthwhile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I personally am looking for a way to receive slack notifications for any new or updated opportunity in salesforce essentials. That is such a simple thing to do with in any edition besides essentials. A simple two second task has turned into months worth of work in creating a connection with Heroku, then setting up an aws database within heroku to run an instance of Trevor IO with postgres. Then taking that sosql query and doing a lookup on it, then finally sending a line of data back out via slack notification. I'm still not done with it yet. Please, just give the people API access, it'll make life so much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
What do you like best?

The “Case” section really helps me stay on top of service calls. This allows me to always keep information up to date, and maintain positive relationships with all clients. I also really enjoy the mobil app available for fast information when I’m away from my computer. The customer service is also very helpful, I haven’t had to contact them very much, but the few times I did I couldn’t have been happier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost, I am a very minimal user. Hard to pay a few hundred dollars a year for a service I use a few times a month. I think the cost should be lowered for minimal users when they renew each year, and the cost could be based on that previous years activity. Or even change the cost for small business owners with one or two users. I would also like Salesforce to come out with a desktop app, I prefer not to be forced into using a web browser to use this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Can’t go wrong trying it out, i couldn’t imagine not having this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have an issue remembering all my leads and service calls, with this platform I don’t have to worry about it. Everything I need to remember is right in front of me. It also helps keep track of information found in emails, along with the ability to read emails within the Salesforce platform. I don’t have any additional users at the moment, but I can already see how beneficial it would be to share this information with other users on this platform. Also the ability to assign things to certain sales or customer service employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is great for manually tracking contacts, leads, opportunities and sharing with the rest of the sales team. It is easy for any member of the sales team to add and update this information, and it is easy to track progress on opportunities. The internal reporting aspects are also very strong, allowing the team to stay on track with followups and next steps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A lot of custom elements such as integrations, generating invoices or contracts, and white labeled reports were not available. Many of these are available with an upgraded license, but it is not possible to explore these options using an Essentials license. Our main pain points were integrations (Gmail, Quickbooks, Docusign, etc.) and setting up white labeled invoices and contracts. Specifically with email, it is not possible to automatically import emails to SalesForce contacts with the Essentials license. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great starter license to begin using Salesforce. Most of the basic functionality is intuitive, but you will need to upgrade to get the full benefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are putting all sales information (contacts, leads, opportunities) into a central database for our sales team and managers to be able to access. We are better able to share this information across reps and managers and consequently better able to act on it. Similarly, our team is able to track specific tasks and due dates within the interface so that nothing falls through the cracks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Lots of tools and features. You can customize salesforce as much as you wanted to.

Upload your existing contacts and convert them to leads. So you can easily keep track of them. A great way to manage your accounts for sales and service opportunities. Salesforce has priced it quite reasonably in order to entice small business owners. The reason behind this is, small business owners will sign up for Essentials and gradually upgrade to the higher versions of the solution. It is not difficult to upgrade in the later stage if you wanted.Since there is less number of features in the salesforece essentials this streamlined version of Salesforce CRM, there is less effort to put to run it and you can also do it in-house without any IT expert help. Salesforce essential provides a setup assistant with built-in tutorials to guide you through each process of its setup so it it very easy to get started. The reports I receive in my email box everyday tells me how we did in the day. So it is very helpful to keep an eye because it is very easy to get distracted as a small business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A little too complex for a single user kind of user. Salesforce is build for teams where lots of salespeople are working together. It has a lot of features and some are kind of hard to find in the sub screens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great solution but takes some time and effort to get used to it. But once you know your ways it is very productive to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reaching out to customers and helping us know when to reconnect with them. It has greatly helped us track the customer engagement and recontacts. Also helps us know the latest features that the CRM is being used for. It is a great confidence booster to know that we are using the best CRM in the industry and not missing out in anyway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Publishing
What do you like best?

The interface is powerful, easy to use, and customizable. We've tried other CRMs like zoho and hubspot, but salesforce has the most horsepower. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are few things I dislike about salesforce - it is mostly very little things like having to click an extra time after selecting 'log a call' in order to have your cursor ready to type. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think Salesforce has been the market leader for sometime - it is powerful, simple, customizable, and affordable. Try it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our business is sales - phone advertising to be more precise. We have an extensive database of contacts and leads and we utilize salesforce's list functions as well as reports all the time. We track our calls and have added many custom fields in order to really track our leads and customers. We use some automated processes like 'process builder' in order to quickly send our emails out to clients. I'm sure there are a lot more problems we could solve with salesforce - we just need to find the time away from the daily urgent tasks to find out! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I started using Salesforce Essentials about 6 months ago. I like the tracking and organization of my contacts and leads. I've tried several apps and Salesforce Essentials is the only one I found that has the right mix of automation and support for a new user to a CRM system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since I didn't have a lot of experience with reputable CRMs, I had to learn the terminology. That was a short, 1 hour, learning curve for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great option for those new to CRM systems. There is also a lot of support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I now am able to keep up with people who I contact and track when I need to contact them again. It connects with my email so I can get up to speed quickly on where I am with a Lead in my process of sales. I feel like a real salesperson and I know what I'm doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It keeps all our documents well organized and we can access them from anywhere. I love that I can snap a photo of a document and post it to an account from the salesforce app. It is also very useful to our technicians in the field who can pull up the app on their phone and find important details about the customer, job, or job site. I can also monitor our sales process easily. I also enjoy the "cases" section which allows me to track all the tech support calls that I get. I use different columns in the "cases" section to show where the service call is, whether it is new, assigned to a user, waiting for customer response, scheduled, or closed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are so many options within salesforce! It is obviously a good thing that there are so many features, but it can also be overwhelming to try to figure it all out. I wish that somehow it were simpler or more intuitive, but I understand that may be impossible with such a vast platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great platform for you to save and remotely access documents easily, track your sales process, keep customer data, and track service or tech support requests. I highly recommend that you adopt Salesforce for your workplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It keeps our documents in a safe and easy to access place. Before Salesforce, if I was on a job site and needed to access a document, I would have to call someone here at the office, have them search through the filing cabinets, and read me the information I needed. Now I can pull it all up on my smart phone. My salesperson also no longer has to email me her CRM each week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the abundance of plugins that are compatible with Salesforce. There is a learning curve, but once you have the system down, it's uses seem to be unlimited. If you have the time to commit to learning the system, I would certainly encourage you to adopt Salesforce Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes users can get lost in between the many screens that seem like that should lead down the same path, but in all actuality they are entirely different functions with the same names. Also, I do not like how hard it can be to get in contact with the support team. I know that different levels of membership offers more coverage, but it is frustrating at times that we can not find answers to simple questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would advise everyone considering whether or not to use Salesforce Essentials, not to weigh whether or not the other platforms are compatible with where you are now as a company; but consider whether or not it has the room to allow you to grow and blossom as a company. Think about all the integrations on your product roadmap and determine which is right for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The first problem that Salesforce solved for us, was having a complete history and CRM in one place. Since we migrated salesforce, less potential clients have been lost in the weeds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Mobile is my favorite feature. It allows for me to input notes and information right after my calls and easily add new leads when I am out on the road. I don't have to remember every little detail then write it down and wait to input it on the computer. The Mobile version is easy to use and never fails. I also really enjoy the daily chatter updates that I get from Salesforce. It reminds me of the calls i made the day before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how I have to change my password so frequently. I wish that I was able to add a few more features before upgrading to the next package. Using trailblazer can be a headache often times because I sometimes don't know exactly what I am searching for or what the exact key word is that I am trying to do. I wish creating reports was more intuitive. I have not gotten the full benefit out of it because I haven't wanted to spend the time researching how exactly to do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that you use Salesforce for managing your sales teams KPI's. It is a great tool for outside sales professionals that are looking to have an easy platform to input notes, leads and relevant information about their customers and prospective customers.I I would also say it is the cleanest platform out there. I have not yet integrated with other apps on Salesforce, however I believe if i did, I would find some great tools to add into it. we are a small business with less than 10 employees and a salesforce of 4 and it has helped us all stay on the same page, share leads, keep one another accountable and really excel in our sales management. I will say the most difficult part with a small business using it, is to get everyone to buy in and use it properly. Especially since we are in outside sales it has made it more difficult for us to know how frequently one another is using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized that it helps me keep my leads and accounts on the top of my mind. Being able to input new tasks and remind me of follow-up calls has greatly benefited myself and my customers. The biggest benefit is that I am able to upload lead information from excel spreadsheets directly into my account. This has helped me use our old account lists to directly import them into our leads section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.