Salesforce DMP

3.7

Salesforce DMP is a global leader in cloud-based Data Management Platform (DMP) for marketers & publishers.

Work for Salesforce DMP?

Learning about Salesforce DMP?

Salesforce DMP Reviews

Showing 13 Salesforce DMP reviews
Salesforce DMP review by Internal Consultant in Telecommunications
Internal Consultant in Telecommunications

"Clowns - without the funny part"

What do you like best?

Much better data collection capabilities, although competition is catching up

Lots of data activation/ingestion capabilities

Studio feature is pretty unique and benefits both advertisers and publishers

What do you dislike?

Where to begin?

I specialized in technical, technological, and data marketing for over a decade. I have hands-on experience of over a hundred tools, and have been pitched a thousand. I have led DMP business cases, RFP, implementation, operationalization, et al. Salesforce DMP (previously known as Krux) is my 3rd hands-on DMP.

Salesforce has to be the worst bunch of clowns I have ever worked with.

From the get go, the signs were there:

- Legal seemed to have no understanding of a what a DMP was (Salesforce is mainly a CRM company after all), and seemed to have not been briefed by Sales team whatsoever. We lost months redlining.

- Kick-off with Project team was completely off. Clearly none of our conversation with Sales/Legal were transmitted to them.

- Project team was clearly coming from Salesforce CRM. 'We'll get back to you' was the answer to every single question. Most of the time, I'd either get no feedback, or wrong answers. We'd often have to redo parts of the implementation because of the wrong answers. We wasted a lot of time.

Then the real fun began. A few weeks after implementation:

- Serious security flaws were found.

- Brown-outs were found. They didn't notice, they never do.

- And then obviously you have to escalate everything to be taken seriously. They then try convincing you that the issues are very minor and "only on your account".

- I could go on an on. TL;DR: Wasted time, lost data.

And then when you think things are getting back in order, two wonderful things happen:

- GDPR and the need to adapt Salesforce architecture

- Let's also, around that time, migrate from the already clunky Krux technologies to the Salesforce stack.

What could possibly go wrong?

- WWWTL;DR: I spent about 1/3 of my work weeks trying to get bugs fixed, since the month of June 2018. And I'm not talking minor ones, I'm talking feature breaking ones.

I had written a better review before, a more nuanced one, but experience with Salesforce has taught me I was very, very wrong.

Now, Krux DMP is still very powerful and can prove to be very useful, but if you want anything more than a "set & forget" tool, be prepared to spend a LOT of time, energy and drinking on getting this technology to do what is it supposed to do.

I do not recommend Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This applies to any DMP really.

Have a clear vision.

Make sure to validate all business requirements.

Have a clear go-to market plan

Meet suppliers, more than once, before the RFP; ask them questions you got from being exposed to other platforms.

Make sure your data-in is standardized

Make sure your stack is compatible

Make sure that the project is led by multiple tech-business-marketing savvy people

Don't rush

And test manual data management first. See what works, what doesn't, what the tech will do for you. Don't buy a DMP because of the Shiny Object Syndrome (SOS)

- Data monetization

- Offline <---> Online data bridge

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce DMP
Salesforce DMP review by Anton K.
Anton K.

"Personalized communications with Salesforce DMP"

What do you like best?

- identity management capabilities,

- data integration capabilities (esp. Data Studio)

- CRM on-boardingntegration capability

- analytics (segmentation, path-to-conversion)

- clean and intuitive User Interface

- straightforward set-up

What do you dislike?

- No outbound API

- Analytics applications in a standard package are limited

- Custom analytics applications cannot be deployed on a platform

- Activation of deterministic segments (CRM, frequent-shopper)

- Using Audience Modelling to identify brand switchers

- Profiling consumer behavior to inform creative and media strategy

What Data Management Platform (DMP) solution do you use?

Salesforce DMP review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Novice User"

What do you like best?

It's fairly intuitive to use, especially after the redesign of the new Konsole. I like the search on attributes when building a segment, although I do wish it was a bit more forgiving and exact words were not needed. Building a segment is pretty easy and the option for grouping is vital.

What do you dislike?

When building segments, it would be better if the left hand portion of the tool scrolled down we move through the attributes vs. users needing to click at a lower placed attribute and then having to scroll up to see if it's got the relevant data elements.

It does no hold the sort I like from session to session.

The coloring and highlighting don't have enough contrast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to have a segment building strategy in place within your organization. Krux does allow for pretty good organization; teams just need to have a strategy. This will be of critical assistance once the number of segments starts getting into the 100's.

Being able to build very pinpointed audience segments is a key benefit for our business purposes and also being able to integrate our first party offline data.

Salesforce DMP review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Good Independent DMP Product"

What do you like best?

The Krux platform emphasizes data protection, organization, and learning. There is no pressure to use an associated DSP.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard not great but getting better. As the company has grown, the support for smaller customers has suffered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would review your main objectives for using a DMP. Krux is geared toward multi-platform customers that need to join disparate data.

We have unique first party data that we use for targeting. Krux helps us to use that data across networks in a safe way.

Salesforce DMP review by User in Higher Education

"Krux is great"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is for me to use the data that Kruz has gathered for our marketing purposes. We are able to get even more detailed information about our subscribers than we ever have before. Krux allows us to really hone in on our subscribers and target certain groups specifically.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I'm a huge fan and I can't think of anything specific that I don't like about Krux.

We are able to target our marketing a lot more because of Krux. This is important because our subscribers vary in age and gender, and we are working very hard to hit the younger demographic.

Salesforce DMP review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Audience Targeting Team"

What do you like best?

After training, the tool is fairly simple to use and navigate. There are many options for complex segment building and reporting.

What do you dislike?

There are some parts of the tool that could be a little more user friendly. For instance, when building a segment the side navigation scrolls with the middle interface, and if they were separate there would be less scrolling back and forth. Also, the search function in segment building does not work well.

We provide audience targeting recommendations for our clients to use on our O&O sites. The benefit of Krux is our DMP to enable us to house the data, analyze and create segments for targeting.

Salesforce DMP review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The power of Krux is segmentation "

What do you like best?

1. The power to segment and activate 100% of first-party data in real time.

2. Having a tag management solution as part of the DMP package

What do you dislike?

Krux does not include 3rd party data products while BlueKai and Lotame, for example, offer unique 3rd party data products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not happy with your current DMP segmentation, consider switching to Krux.

Since we partner with eCommerce sites, we are interested in building precise data-driven audience segments based on first-party behavioral data. Krux helped improve ROAS for multiple advertisers.

Salesforce DMP review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Innovative technology, easy interface with great customer support, ideal for a news publisher"

What do you like best?

The company seems to invest a lot in innovation and this is a very good point when you compare DMPs which more or less all offer similar core services. However, Krux has great support and they answer all the questions and also an easy user interface which means a lot if you are going to have several internal users or you have to help sales teams to sell more. In this sense the product seemed to be built specifically for publishers (maybe news publishers?) which is evident when you navigate through their systems.

What do you dislike?

The implementation probably has taken a bit too long but not sure how long the other competitors usually take for the tags and ad server implementation.

With Krux you can easily extend your audience and also have a very sophisticated segmentation of your audience. It increase the sell-through across all properties and territories.

Salesforce DMP review by Chi L.
Chi L.

"Krux as a DMP"

What do you like best?

Krux is not only easy to use but the team is extremely responsive when responding to inquiries.

What do you dislike?

Automated revenue breakdown by advertiser / agency would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Trade Desk as a DSP

Faster and more efficient campaigns utilizing Krux

Salesforce DMP review by Harvey M S.
Harvey M S.

"Worked with Krux Data on targeting"

What do you like best?

Helpful team of customer service, updated with new features.

What do you dislike?

Responsiveness to new projects, sometimes took time to work through. Need more resources for custom projects.

Data management and continuation of targeting opportunities to maximize ROI.

Salesforce DMP review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Krux , good product"

What do you like best?

Ability to match data and audiences to campaigns .

What do you dislike?

I do not like having an additional tool to run in and another UI to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Require support team for learning tool.

targeting first and third party data

Salesforce DMP review by Consultant

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

I used this product for 90 days and thought the insights/business intelligence was outstanding. I had more knowledge as to how users were using the site and could easily identify bots as well as any spyware/tracking pixels that were taking user data without permission. aside from the price point I would recommend - I though the tool was worth the investment for the BI provided from 1 source. Easy to use interface and report generation.

What do you dislike?

The price point. It is an expensive too.

Data leakage. That many of our advertisers were re-targeting our users and dropping multiple cookies to re-target them at a cheaper rate through multiple 3rd parties

Salesforce DMP review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"REVIEW"

What do you like best?

I love that it helps establish consumer engagement and help guide us to better results.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the tools are not user friendly.

We're using digital insights to determine the direction of our content.

Learning about Salesforce DMP?

* We monitor all Salesforce DMP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.