(8,360)

Salesforce Sales Cloud CRM helps you close deals faster from anywhere, anytime.

Work for Salesforce CRM?

Learning about Salesforce?

Salesforce CRM Reviews

Ask Salesforce a Question
Filter ReviewsClear All Filters
Showing 8,360 Salesforce reviews
Salesforce review by Benjamin D.
Benjamin D.

"Salesforce.com is the leading CRM platform for sales & service."

What do you like best?

Salesforce is an incredibly powerful, rich, and functional CRM application. It is a good fit for SMB to large enterprise. It is very easy to administer, but has the power to do very complex workflow and analytics when/if needed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I worry that Salesforce.com is rolling out so many new products that they are spread too thin. There is a lot of room for improvement in their core salesforce automation and service automation platforms. They continue to enhance these areas, but they don't always get the focus that their newer products get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. Salesforce.com is far and away the best CRM tool money can buy.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce CRM
Salesforce review by Shane A.
Shane A.

"Solid"

What do you like best?

Fast implementation to track processes and information at a high degree of quality. To be honest one of the most productive tools ever delivered to the business world.

What do you dislike?

Uncontrolled administration can turn your environment into a nightmare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on what you want I would always say that this product is worth having. It's interface is starting to get old and could benefit from a face lift.

What CRM solution do you use?

Salesforce review by Jonathon J.
Jonathon J.

"For a lack of better words..."

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a beast. As a web developer with a computer science background, I can't help but favor programs that are built with scalability at the forefront. Salesforce allows for the ultimate customization. Create your dashboards, your fields, you reports, your formulas. Customize your Projects, Milestones, Tasks, etc. to fit exactly what you need. The level of customization has allowed for Salesforce to become a breeding ground for third party apps that integrate with the functionality of Salesforce and take it even further. You can use Salesforce as your center hub for client, project, and account information, and then use any number free and premium apps to build out proposals and invoices, manage finances, organize team collaboration, structure marketing campaigns, and more. Salesforce really is the all in one solution for a CRM.

What do you dislike?

What's great about Salesforce, can also be it's downfall. Since there are seemingly unlimited possibilities, it becomes very easy to get bogged down or overwhelmed by a huge palette of information and resources. This is especially true you're CRM needs aren't exactly complex. If you're just looking for a simple project management system among a small team with only a few clients, Salesforce might not be your best option. My company uses Salesforce, and it's beyond perfect for our sales and marketing teams. However, I'm a web designer/developer, so most of what I use Salesforce for is project management and time tracking. This is where I've ran into most of my frustration. I end up with so many unused fields and have to bury down into a project, then into a milestone, then into a task in order to even reach where I can track time. Aside from the occasional tediousness and feeling of being overwhelmed, there really isn't a whole lot of bad things to say about Saleforce. Even though you may be a smaller company/team and have no use at the moment for such an expansive platform, it'd probably be best to go with a CRM that you know you will be able to scale and grow as you also scale and grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Salesforce! Even if you're still small and feel that a beast like Salesforce might be a bit beyond your scope, it's better to go for something that you can grow into instead of having to switch everything over down the road. We all know that any kind of moving is a pain and that there's always something that seems to get lost in the process. Salesforce is ultimately what you make it. If you need it to be small at the moment, then you can make it small and have it grow as you grow!

One of the biggest benefits has been able to keep track of due dates for projects, as well as the milestones and tasks within a project. When you feel like you're doing the work of two people, it's necessary to have an efficient way to keep your activities organized. Although I would like a more efficient means to visually see my workflow, Salesforce still manages to keep me on track. Also, as a company, we've recently subscribed to the services of Tinderbox as a proposal and agreement builder platform. I've been amazed at how seamless we've been able to integrate our Salesforce information into the Tinderbox App for SF to easily and efficiently build out these documents. It definitely beats the outdated method of using macros between MS Word and Excel like we had been doing!

Salesforce review by Natalie G.
Natalie G.

"Wondering if Salesforce is a good system for your business?"

What do you like best?

They are on the cutting edge of technology quickly advance/develop their tool. When explaining Salesforce to others, I share that it's an turbo excel system, because it's as flexible as excel but 100 times more powerful because of the point & click admin tools as well as reporting & dashboard features. They also provide free tools like do.com for small businesses and discounts for non-profits.

What do you dislike?

Their technical support and that they change sales reps on you every two minutes. They also buy so many companies that it can slow down the development of their core products. Additionally, they often say that they are going to charge for new features they offer and it can get expensive quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of good tools out there if you are a really small business, so look into those applications (google business apps, do.com, streak.com, etc). If you are a medium sized business and/or your company seems to run on excel, then I have no doubt that Salesforce is for you. As for all companies, if you feel you have to get a CRM, Salesforce is most likely your best bet.

We're solving problems of data being siloed and instead connecting our major systems and making it seem as though it's in one central system. Instead of having a user log their work, they are completing their work in the system. The system then updates via workflow to update steps and statuses for them. The efficiency we gain in the hand-off is where we see our ROI. Additionally, that marketplace that is built around salesforce.com is a key reason for success. We use app exchange apps, ISV partners that provide connections to other systems through clicks, not code. You can build a beautiful eco-system with salesforce.com and your home-office systems.

Salesforce review by Alejandro C.
Alejandro C.

"Easy to use, integrate and manage"

What do you like best?

Finding stuff in SFDC is really easy. It's internal search engine makes trying to find an opportunity, lead, account or registration an every day task, very similar to just browsing the web and using your favorite search engine. This makes our sales teams more productive. Even reporting is easy to understand even for spreadsheets fans who love programming, you can get a lot of stuff out of SFDC just by setting up the right report. It allows for dashboards to be created as well, giving you a 10,000 feet view on your business, and then drilling down into the report that builds up that dashboard and going through the detailed information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes reports, even just being ways to group and report information, are tricky. Making / creating them is easy in SFDC, too easy sometimes and it can get to a point where users will just build so many and use so few, that browsing through them might be a nightmare. Haven't found a way to automatically manage that other than manually and setting up a few rules for users to try and respect. Not easy to do, but all in all, not a huge thing, you can still manage that easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It's really easy to use and understand, and it's a good way to migrate from other software or initiative (just as spreadsheets or apps developed on databases you don't need) you may have around.

Salesforce review by Alejandro L.
Alejandro L.

"The gold standard has grown so much that it's not really standard anymore. Aging interface"

What do you like best?

It's ubiquitous. Every respectable company uses it, and therefore it has a broad user base. It has set the gold standard for CRM and therefore it has great features for almost every business big or small.

Since it's such a common CRM in the market, it has partnered with other big names like Marketo to integrate their products and reach a solid solution for larger organizations.

Mobile Applications are much better now, but they had some growing pains before. The Salesforce 1 platform architecture will allow for better integrations, more features and easier deployments.

What do you dislike?

SFDC provides an Outlook integration that was fantastic and simple, and has become a nightmare. It rarely works, it's not easy to use and it's a pain to update.

Salesforce was very successful in the beginning because they offered ONE product to medium customers. However, when they started working with larger companies, they also had to enable a lot of customizations for those customers requests That has transformed SFDC into a consulting firm first, and a service provider second. This model has left some questions about scalability, ease to do business with, and upgrading to newer platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start small and avoid customizations. It's better to adhere to standards. Your company way of doing things today, is not necessarily the best way to do it. Use this as an opportunity to change processes and mechanisms to something standard, and avoid unnecessary costs and long implementations.

CRM for a software company. We use SFDC to track all inbound leads, opportunities, forecasting and sales. The problem has been cultural, as in other organizations, because sales guys are lazy by nature when it comes to sharing information and reporting to management, so, it will always be a challenge. However, SFDC mobile applications should help us from now on (apps were terrible before!)

Jason H.

"Salesforce a continual journey"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a very customization platform that allows a business to tailor their solution with a great deal of precision. The openness of the Salesforce API's and the ability to do custom development on the platform allows a business to really take the system beyond simple customer relationship management.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce has been a bit slow to update/upgrade many of their legacy functionality. While I can understand their reasoning behind this, it can be frustrating. They have been making strides; however, I would also like to see many of the features that are being upgrade at an additional cost (e.g. the new Console) provided as a part of the solutions cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that Salesforce is a work in progress. You need to make sure that when you customize the solution to try to re-use as much of the out-of-the-box features as possible without creating new fields/objects/code. Salesforce is continually improving the solution and it's always painful to switch between something completely customized to switching back to something that is now available out-of-the-box or has been improved significantly.

I have been using Salesforce for going on 7 years now, and I have seen many different problems solved with the platform. There is the typical day-to-day management of basic customer interactions, but the business process automation is where the power of the platform really comes in handy. The AppExchange really helps expand this capability as well. With the varied solutions available, it makes it easy to have a one-stop-shop.

Salesforce review by Bill K.
Bill K.

"Salesforce is a key part of our technology strategy"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is not just a CRM in the traditional sense. Their ability to create a platform that is easily linked to other business systems is world-class. As the leader of my company's technology team, we think of Salesforce as one of the critical pillars of our future state. They listen to their customers, but they also challenge us to change how we think about engaging with our customers. Then they work to provide the capabilities to do so. In terms of the companies that I've partnered with over my career, they're in the top two!

What do you dislike?

Salesforce is expensive, but you get what you pay for in life. Don't just jump in with both feet without fully understanding what goals you're trying to accomplish. Think about how many different ways you can utilize the system before you start out, then peel the onion one layer at a time. Their service is not great, but it is typical for large software companies (unfortunately!).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking about CRM as part of your overall technology landscape, then I wouldn't waste time looking any further. Spend your time investigating all of the connections you can make with Salesforce and how you can lay out a strategic implementation plan to fully take advantage of what they offer to your business. If you are thinking about CRM in isolation of the rest of your business, then you are less likely to actualize the full ROI potential of this service. A cheaper, less capable service may be a better fit for you.

Every person in our organization has some level of Salesforce license. We use them for CRM and we also utilized their work flow capabilities to manage our core business process. We integrated Salesforce with our proprietary web application in order to do this, employing Jitterbit as the middleware layer. We've increased efficiencies dramatically and decreased defects to our customers. We've engaged our internal user community into the system implementation and we have about 95% buy-in at this point.

Salesforce review by Matthew W.
Matthew W.

"How the Mighty have Fallen"

What do you like best?

*EDIT Since leaving this review years ago, Salesforce has cleaned themselves up quite a bit. They even purchased a CRM tool called RelateIQ (now SalesforceIQ) which was exactly what a modern CRM should look like. They've finally done a complete overhaul of their UI and mobile app. They even added a visualized sales process to each lead. I'm glad they had it in them, and I would myself consider using them should my CRM needs expand, especially in the customization area.

*Original Review

For a small to mid size business I suppose using Salesforce makes it sound like you are in the big leagues. It has name recognition, when you bring it up people know what you're talking about.

If you've got the cash to spend, you can hire a consultant to implement Salesforce for you. This is probably a good and bad thing.

What do you dislike?

I can barely being to talk about how bad Salesforce is. I understand they were once the leaders in CRM software (sorry "web application" ) but it's become a bloated mess that reminds me of Yahoo. It's not intuitive, they do not keep up to date with web standards and the interface is just a nightmare. You don't know how bad it is until you use a website with an intuitive interface that doesn't make you click half a dozen times just to get to an edit screen. We used Salesforce for 6 years and I always think about where we would be at if we had used a CRM tool that actually excited us. I'm so glad we've made the switch to a more modern CRM that actually tries to make sure you are spending no more than the time necessary on the site to get things done. I found Salesforce to be demoralizing for our sales team. The stupid Outlook plugin would crash all the time and we'd have to get someone to troubleshoot it just to be able to send an email that goes directly into Salesforce. Not sure why they haven't figured out the functionality that lets you simply append bcc@salesforce.com to the email like other CRM's. You really don't need 23234209jsdfsfdf)98@salesforce.com as your identifier.

The mobile app is pretty much a joke. That one hurts my brain to think about. With such great resources of staff, Salesforce really dropped the ball there.

It's a pretty good indicator that things have gotten off the rails when your CRM has 4 updates a year, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter all with the option for your IT team to delay the rollout. (Defeats the purpose of a web application) Of course they provide dozens and dozens of pages of changes in a huge PDF that you're supposed to pass to your IT team and they can let you know if it will affect any of your integrations or custom builds in Salesforce.

If you want to introduce a position to your organization called "Salesforce Administrator" then Salesforce is for you. You can easily have someone whose entire job is to administer Salesforce which for small and medium businesses ties up valuable resources and really isn't feasible.

The fact that there are lots of CRM's that are new and doing well shows that people have said "I can create something better than Salesforce" and lots of customers agree with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a large company with 500+ users I guess Salesforce is the way to go, if you are small or mid size try something like Nutshell CRM. Going with a smaller vendor has great advantages as they can push out updates a LOT quicker and have a smaller team that can make snap decisions on what's important while taking user feedback into account. I know it's trendy to always say "the user doesn't know what they want" but as someone who also works in enterprise software I find the real answer is more "they don't know how to explain what they want". A well run CRM tool will find out what the user wants.

The person who is CEO of your CRM actually affects you a lot too. Do you really think Benioff downloads random apps that don't affect his life? I know I do, because I'm very interested in seeing everything from login screens of new apps, swipe movements, menu drop downs, etc. I want to see it all and learn from it so that I myself can help make better applications. Salesforce interface and mobile strategy reflects a lack of understanding of the trends and direction that UX is taking. Do yourself a favour and seriously try Salesforce and then try another modern tool. You will absolutely understand what I'm talking about.

At first we had interesting bucket folders in Salesforce, we didn't know any better so for us it was the equivalent of a spreadsheet with categories for leads.

Salesforce review by Cristi H.
Cristi H.

"Way overpriced for such a restricted CRM!"

What do you like best?

We no longer run Salesforce internally, we switched to SugarCRM a little over a year ago. However, we do currently provide our clients with Salesforce integration as an add-on via our Salesforce AppExchange app.

From a user/admin perspective the only feature that Salesforce had that SugarCRM lacks are clickable fields to edit.

What do you dislike?

The price! SugarCRM Professional is $30/mo and can be easily customized right out of the box with very little to no restrictions at all. Salesforce Professional is $65/mo with fewer features and far to many restrictions.

I handle all client support for our Saleforce integration app and it's a nightmare. Our Sugar Integration can be setup in 2 clicks, but due to all of the limitations that come along with Saleforce the setup can take hours and even days depending on the edition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend really looking at your other options before going with Salesforce. I'm a big fan of SugarCRM.

I will say, If you currently have Salesforce and are considering switching to a different CRM, you should definitely have a user adoption plan in place. That was a fail on our part when we switched. I quickly learned that sales reps do not like change AT ALL, and they're definitely not quiet about it either. :)

Salesforce review by Claus R.
Claus R.

"Intuitive and User Friendly, Easily Customizable, Great Dashboards, but Limited Functionality"

What do you like best?

Look and feel; Ease of use; Reports and dashboards; Customization capabilities provided through Force.com; Niche capabilities provided through AppsExchange vendors; Widely used which reduces the need to train new Sales personnel; Easy and quick to implement;

What do you dislike?

Service levels and application performance can be tardy; Regular scheduled maintenance and outages seem excessive for a 24 x 7 platform; Pricey relative to functionality; Lack of other basic Sales functions, such as pricing, configuring and quoting; Extra charges for basic things such as Development environments, even for Enterprise licenses; Included sandbox environment does not come with data which makes it unusable; The excessive pitching of the social enterprise using Chatter at times gives the impression the company is no longer focusing on key competencies

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall highly recommended for any Sales organizations. Start small and keep your implementation simple to improve the chances of adoption. The beauty of Salesforce is its simplicity and becoming overly complex and convoluted can turn users away. Force.com is a very powerful platform for you to quickly and intuitively roll out custom applications and capabilities to meet your specific business needs without the requirement to be super technical. If you plan to use Salesforce for all your enterprise needs, AppsExchange is a great source for best-in-class niche capabilities. If you are a big company and plan to use Salesforce and AppsExchange applications for all your back-office needs, Salesforce can quickly become very expensive and it may make sense to go with a single vendor ERP solution. But if you are a small company without in-house infrastructure and need to be up and running quickly and cost effectively, Salesforce is without question the way to go. As with any SaaS vendor, make sure you protect yourself from subscription and renewal fee increases and do not let the vendor lock you in for longer terms without a discount at least equal to the cost of capital over the term. Have an exit strategy to maintain your negotiation power during renewal time.

Salesforce review by Dustin A.
Dustin A.

"The driver for data and customer info for our business. "

What do you like best?

We chose to use salesforce because we can track the lifetime of our customer very easily. Saleforce drives all of the customer data throughout the entire lead, opportunity, account and support life of a customer. I run a the customer ops side of our business and there was only one obvious choice that connected all of this data. When an account manager or support rep interacts with a customer it is very easy and clear to see how our customer became engaged with us, who sold them, and all of their interactions over time. The other great thing about salesforce is the fact that so many other softwares integrate. We have our email marketing system Eloqua, our support online knowledgebase Zendesk, and a few other tools that plug right in and sync. The other great thing about salesforce is the community of developers and firms that will come in and customize it for you. Check them out because they are a driving force in the CRM industry.

What do you dislike?

It can be quote a big program to deal with. Being that it is so powerful it does require customization to make it work in your organization. Can be a little expensive but it is worth it if you really leverage the platform

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone consult with you to map your entire organization around it. Get an expert and hire a full time salesforce admin. It is worth the investment.

Salesforce review by Tom L.
Tom L.

"Full Featured Cloud Based CRM System"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is an easy to use cloud based CRM system. No hardware is required, it comes with standard CRM functionality out of the box and then you can add additional features depending on how much you want to pay. There are also plenty of custom add-ons that can be used to enhance the functionality of the system and if you can't find one that you need, there's also the foce.com developer platform where you can develop your own. Salesforce is the leading CRM system in the marketplace today and is also the most visionary, often releasing new features well ahead of its competitors.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce can be a bit pricey as you start to add additional features. It's a very popular, well known tool, but can also be overkill if you're a small business that's only looking to automate a couple processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare prices with other CRM systems. You may find another tool that can accomplish what you're trying to do for less money. On the other hand, if you want a platform that you can continually build upon to meet the future needs of your business as it grows without having to invest in a lot of hardware or other infrastructure, salesforce is an excellent choice.

Salesforce review by Matt C.
Matt C.

"Finally a great CRM product....for marketers!"

What do you like best?

Love the ease of use and functionality. Integration with other products/services is awesome as well, especially integration with marketing automation vendors. Reporting capabilities are great, but at times have limitations related to objects.

What do you dislike?

For a long time, SFDC and most other CRM solutions were simply not meant for marketers, and the functionality within those products reflected that. Campaign functionality was limited. Web-to-lead forms offered no data validation or qualification, and often times caused dozens of duplicate leads to be pumped into the database. Email marketing was limited and frankly not ideal. With the integrations to MA vendors, and it's more recent acquisition of Pardot/Exact Target - SFDC is going to be the ideal solution for both sales AND marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business, check out all your options and make sure the version of SalesForce you're considering is actually providing you with everything you will need - not just now, but in the near future. Also, if you don't have marketing automation, get one. Pardot is a great option. But Pardot was recently purchased by SalesForce - so eventually the products could become one!

N/A

Jason H.

"If used properly it will change the way you do business"

What do you like best?

What is truly remarkable about Salesforce has been their forethought in the design of their business model as a platform. At a time when people were only beginning to understand the power of offering an app ecosystem within the consumer market, Salesforce recognized its potential in the enterprise market. By nurturing their AppExchange Salesforce has freed themselves to focus on growing and refining their core product which because of the AppExchange has become the backbone of an infinitely more robust and customized tool for its enterprise customers. By cultivating the app community Salesforce has allowed niche players to become experts in each of their categories and allowed its customers to pick and choose which apps are most important for their enterprise.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce's primary focus has been on the back end infrastructure which has left some to be desired from a user interface (UI) standpoint. The problem with this is the value of Salesforce as a tool is very much a network effect where the more it is properly utilized by more nodes the more value it creates. When you have a poor UI it becomes more difficult to drive adoption and utilization. This is a reason why so many apps focus on improving the UI experience for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An investment in moving your organization to Salesforce is not an insignificant one. Take time to think through the transition you are about to undergo. What policies and training will you put in place that will ensure proper adoption and utilization? What apps will be important for you to be able to build the functionality you need? What will be the total investment when you include these apps in your solution?

Salesforce review by Francis P.
Francis P.

"Salesforce goes way beyond Sales CRM"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is that Salesforce do 3 major releases a year which really drives innovation in the system. But what they do which is key, is listen to their customers. So they are releasing functionality that you need and if you don't you just don't click the tick box to enable it. This means Salesforce can be right on the edge of technology progress so that your company can too. With Social networks integration etc..

Salesforce now goes way beyond just managing a sales process. Its a platform to allow you to run your entire company from it. Building custom functionality is just a mouse click away and with AppExchange there are 1000s of free and paid apps to install into your org with again a couple of mouse clicks.

Now so many companies are using Salesforce over other CRM solutions I've seen more and more companies using Salesforce-to-Salesforce integration, pushing records from one company to another (eg A customer logs a support issue with one of your products but the support for that product is managed by a partner. The moment the case is logged in Salesforce it is instantly logged on the partners Salesforce org).

What do you dislike?

People do say that its pricey but this is usually after using the RRP prices off the website, talk to the Sales agents!! Also I usually find that they think its pricey because they don't really do a full ROI. Better security from internal hacks, no IT infrastructure and upgrade requirements (some companies don't even involve IT in running the CRM).

Some things in Salesforce you can't do with configuration so you do need a developer to programme the Apex functionality but after working for a number of competitor CRM companies you can go way further in Salesforce configuration before you need code.

Basic support can be frustrating as the standard SLA is 2 days to respond. BUT there are some much better resources on the internet (http://success.salesforce.com/answers) and asking on Twitter (#askforce) where you can get really quick responses to your questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Engage with a partner or expert in Salesforce to make sure your implementation is a success. At the end of the day its a CRM like any other and if you customise it you you will get the best out of your own business processes and Salesforce functionality. Negotiate with the Sales rep on pricing and take a look at what AppExchange apps you may need and if its worth getting them vs. internal customisation (it could save you a lot of time!).

Don't under-estimate data migration if you migrating data from an old CRM. A lot of the issues I've found working in Salesforce have been around not realising how badly structured/formatted data is in the old CRM as Salesforce seems to make data a lot more transparent and obvious when its wrong.

Salesforce review by Jamie T.
Jamie T.

"So good you simply cannot overlook SFDC when evaluating CRM"

What do you like best?

Everything in one place from leads & account/contact information through to dashboards and easily tailored reporting. Quite simply, I switch it on first thing in the morning and it occupies one of my screens all day long. Used properly it is fantastic for any sales team and their management. As a standalone app SFDC is good but it really excels when you start adding apps from its massive network of partners. SFDC takes away a lot of the mundane tasks that sales people just don't like, simplifies it and stacks everything together in one place

What do you dislike?

Its pricey. The iPhone version could use some further improvements, although you can still access it via your browser and retain the normal UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a number of cheaper alternatives such as MS Dynamics and Oracle CRMOD which are also worth serious consideration, especially if you have short arms and deep pockets! Just keep in mind that SFDC is a premium product and your sales team will love it

Salesforce review by Eugene C.
Eugene C.

"Excellent sales management / sales automation for small teams, and scalable to boot"

What do you like best?

Great tool to manage your salesforce and do sales reporting

Very customizable to your sales approach, with strong templates to start

Central repository of sales information

Platform for many other cloud-based solutions that integrate well

Great dashboard for sales reporting

What do you dislike?

Annual contract

Enterprise solution required (more expensive) for more extensive integrations and customizations

Doesn't integrate well to gmail

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adoption is critical -- train your salespeople to use salesforce for all their communications

Integrate to Outlook for ease of adoption

Consider hiring a salesforce technical consultant to do sfdc customization and implementations in-house (can be much less expensive than hiring a 3rd party consultant) -- these folks are now available via temp agencies!

Salesforce review by Brad C.
Brad C.

"Salesforce is great"

What do you like best?

It is not just a CRM for Sales or Support. It can really do everything that you need it to, things like a rolodex of your customers, history of what was sent to your customers, customer satisfaction surveys, NPS, CSAT etc. Learning how to use the system is easy and there is FREE ways to do that. You can use Salesforce Trailhead to learn everything there is to know about salesforce.com in a fun trackable way. You can even learn about the features you do not currently have so that you know if this feature is the correct feature for you and your business.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike but there are some business functions I do not like, ie forecasting. But that is more because of me not the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its great and if you need to learn more there is always trailhead.

Selling our Product, Supporting our Product, Managing our Customers.

Salesforce review by Allie R.
Allie R.

"Classic for a reason"

What do you like best?

Salesforce offers all of the classic functionalities one might expect from a CRM tool, but that is hardly the best part. In my opinion, its biggest strength is in its ability to integrate with a host of different complementary tools such as Hubspot, Tout, Discover.org, and many more. As our sales organization evolves and scales, Salesforce allows new tools and applications to be easily added to the existing workflow.

What do you dislike?

The task management function can be improved. Right now it takes quite a bit of manual effort to edit/remove/shift tasks and it is difficult to get an overview of how my week is looking like in terms of the tasks that I have scheduled.

It solves the problems of any sales professional, particularly those who are in inside sales and need to keep track of a large number of accounts. It makes sure you are following up with those who are owed correspondence and allows you to keep detailed records of each account.

Salesforce review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"Salesforce.com has become a critical business partner"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is customizable and allows us to model the application around our internal processes and business flows. We are not restricted by system constraints and are given freedom within the tool to modify the application and processes around our (changing) business needs.

Similar to Apple, there are thousands of custom apps designed to integrate seamlessly with Salesforce.

From a development perspective, Salesforce.com makes things simple on the Force.com platform and gives developers an ability to code using different languages.

Easy API Integrates with numerous platforms (marketing automation, data.com, custom SQL databases, etc.)

Salesforce continues to expand beyond sales tools, into marketing, automation and beyond.

Easy to use interface

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the standard Salesforce Data Object hierarchy causes conflicts with outside platforms/vendors. For example, you want to send an email to customers, but because this would have to be a contact object after the lead is converted, some of the data is in the account, some in the opportunity, and some in the contact. It can be restrictive in situations like this.

As flexible as they are, there are still some things that restrict you in your business processes. Meaning, sometimes business cases come up where you need to automate a certain way, and Salesforce is not set up that way

Overall, you’re paying for the Lamborghini with Salesforce, so it’s going to be more expensive than some newer CRM systems. But typically, you get what you pay for.

Add-on services can be expensive. Items like Salesforce Knowledge, Service console, Desk.com, etc. If you want to upgrade your platform at a per license base, these services sometimes double your per license cost which can become cost prohibitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully outline your business processes before beginning an implementation. Include business leaders as much as technicians and administrators. You don’t want to build something that become prohibitive as your business needs/processes change. It’s more difficult to back track, so plan properly. A good consultant can be helpful to get your started.

Design with the Standard salesforce objects in mind. Only use custom objects when they are absolutely necessary. It will be advantageous when you want to integrate with outside applications, systems, and vendors.

Investigate if there are CRM platforms build specifically for your industry. Salesforce is built with a generality in mind and lets you customize – which takes time and resources. There are unique CRM platforms built specifically for a respective industry which may accomplish what you need, and wouldn’t require customization. It may be less costly in the end run and fit your needs nicely.

Make sure you set your user profiles permissions correctly form the onset of the project. Know who your administrators are and will be moving forward.

Salesforce.com provides transparency to the entire marketing/sales/service ecosystem. From lead generation, through the funnel and understanding the lifetime value of a customer – as well as servicing the customer - in one system is the clear benefit. True knowledge management.

Save money by not having to print reports, forms, etc. We now house a large majority of our customer forms and documents in Salesforce.

Mobility – With multiple offices, we’re able to have customer service and sales in separate buildings, yet both departments can work within salesforce to service the customer best, while giving the business clarity into costs, processes, etc.

Automated Dashboards tracking KPIs and more.

Easy Reporting – Simplifying the reporting methods and dependency on Excel.

Activity Management – the ability to keep track of sales teams, customer service teams, and other business segments’ activities for performance review and other management needs.

Salesforce review by Ron H.
Ron H.

"Poor customer service. Promised to call back but did not. Emails have gone unanswered. "

What do you like best?

I liked the format and feel of sales force coupled with some great in depth features

What do you dislike?

Customer service. No response to billing questions. Promised return phone calls never materialized. Difficult to contact the company. Perhaps they should use their own program to assist in customer satisfaction.

I wanted a good CRM program to assist me in tracking all facets of the sales process.

Salesforce review by John H.
John H.

"Awesome cloud-based CRM"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is simply the gold standard when it comes to CRM. It neatly integrates with most marketing automation tools and many 3rd party products. Honestly, it is more powerful than most users need. So many fields and ways to customize.

What do you dislike?

Wow, not much to complain about. I wish it was free? The main complaint I have had over the years is with other departments that are lazy about filling in all the fields. Garbage in, garbage out. Then people wonder why they can't run the reports they want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not using salesforce you are seriously selling yourself short. Unless you are in some weird niche field that doesn't need leads, then you should give Salesforce a hard look.

Salesforce review by Marshall W.
Marshall W.

"Clunky, very technical changes, but still one of the best"

What do you like best?

Lot's of information is available at the sales person's fingertips. Since it is the (or one of the) leading CRM, there are tons of APIs and platforms that have full integration with it.

What do you dislike?

It can be very clunky when navigating. The biggest problem, however, is that it takes a neuroscience degree to make changes to the interface and/or to customize to your company's needs. Learning how to use all of its features requires training and probably a 3PL

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aren't many better options out there unfortunately.

Salesforce review by Derek L.
Derek L.

"Old and clunky"

What do you like best?

It can be customized to fit needs.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything else. The UI is ugly and hard to consume. The force to click 'save' even though you can double click on most any field to edit. The speed to navigate through. Relies too much on a user to customize - Jack of all trades, master of none.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere. Shop by what you need, not on what is most known. a CRM system is not complicated, and there are many other solutions out there that could meet your needs better, especially if you're a smaller company.

Salesforce review by Kristen D.
Kristen D.

"A bridge between sales and marketing"

What do you like best?

Working closely with our sales team, we were able to easily configure the platform to provide visibility of the sales funnel. Salesforce integrates very nicely with our marketing automation tool. With the two tools together, we now have a robust profile on our leads and contacts that clearly highlights marketing activities and sales follow-up.

What do you dislike?

A year after implementation, I'm still learning all of the features and functions of the tool. You can get started right away, but it's not always obvious how to use some of the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training and establish a process right away. Make sure the team is aligned on what the goals of the tool are before people start using it.

Salesforce review by Joe G.
Joe G.

"A good all-purpose CRM with few issues that can't be solved with apps"

What do you like best?

When I think of Salesforce, I think of integration and dashboards. Salesforce integrates to just about every piece of software that we've used. These include everything from simple survey tools, email marketing clients, to full-blown ERPs. Implemented correctly, it provides a great bidirectional synch of your data.

The dashboards in Salesforce have been invaluable for sales forecasting. The system is only limited by the initial set-up and user adoption.

What do you dislike?

Organizations have varying sales processes. Although Salesforce is flexible with the use of Leads/Contacts/Accounts, it can be tricky to correctly map your sales process to that of Salesforce. In addition, we've had many needs for mass conversion of Leads and Contacts and have found that it can't be done inherently in SFDC. Instead, we purchased DemandTools and did it that way

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time and money to train your sales/marketing teams and get it right the first time. If there is an issue with adoption, it's because your team wasn't educated enough in the beginning and/or your process is overcomplicated. This is a great tool for augmenting existing reportingg.

Salesforce review by Lindsay F.
Lindsay F.

"Frequent User - Account Managment"

What do you like best?

Salesforce has been bookmarked as a frequently visited site for me for the last 6 years. Through various client-facing roles, Salesforce has been a mainstay.

Currently, I actively use the general Account Detail section, Contact Management, the Opportunity Tracking and Ticketing functionality among many other aspects. At my current company, Salesforce also integrates with our client billing system so all billing information is accessible in Salesforce. It is a one-stop shop for all things client-related, including the latest communication, making account transfers seamless and account history accessible.

From using Salesforce at 3 different agencies, I can confidently say - Salesforce is flexible and can work with any system or internal structure. Having a Salesforce 'innovator' or expert in-house helps - they can constantly research other ways Salesforce can be manipulated to work well with your business needs.

You can't go wrong with Salesforce - it's worth the price.

What do you dislike?

No real issues with Salesforce to report. At times I wish the UI was a little more "slick" and fun to use but that is a minor details considering how powerful the system is.

In the agency world, many different people are touching an account. Salesforce gives every single team member a snapshot of a client at any given time. From the CEO to a Support coordinator, anyone can pop in to see the latest activity in an account - issues, communication, opportunities being discussed, projects in motion, etc. It is an excellent one-stop shop that is organized in a logical way.

Salesforce review by Allyson C.
Allyson C.

"You can make it great!"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to customize SFDC even for administrators who don't come from a technical background. Salesforce.com provides a ton of help and training (paid and free) and the user community is also a great resource.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything bad to say about SFDC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce.com is what you make of it. I've heard a lot of users claim they "hate" Salesforce.com but I'm a firm believer that SFDC is as good as it gets. It's up to each company and their administrators to make users love it. You can quite easily ruin this product if you have admins who don't know what they're doing and users that are allowed to clutter it up with garbage.

Do not consider investing in this product if you're not also willing to invest in the people who will build it and administer it.

Salesforce review by Sai K.
Sai K.

"best customer support software and platform"

What do you like best?

We can customize the product with out any development knowledge. If you are a developer force.com platform is like similar to Java you can develop and deploy application on no time

What do you dislike?

Customer friendly support, ease and cost of deployment

Recommendations to others considering the product

best customer support software

"Nice System"

What do you like best?

70% of the time everything is just point and click setup. With a little bit of playing around you can teach yourself how to use the system.

What do you dislike?

30% of the time the advance things you will need will require you to use force.com and program in APEX. They will nickle and dime you on a lot of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even with the negatives I would recommend it.

Salesforce review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Just about any business can benefit from this CRM+"

What do you like best?

I could write an entire review about Sales and Service cloud, which are Salesforce.com's almost-out-of-the-box core competencies. Sales cloud provides an easy and intuitive interface for everything from account planning to sales forecasting to reporting. Service cloud provides a one-stop-shop for customer care, and is robust enough to scale from a team of a few support reps to an enterprise support organization with call centers.

But what really differentiates Salesforce.com from its competitors is its platform. Salesforce can easily be extended to meet unique use cases in any vertical, most of the time using clicks not code. If the use case demands going above and beyond, Salesforce offers Apex and Visualforce, which are two very powerful tools for developers to further customize the application. Don't have the capacity to hire in-house developers? There is a rich community of implementation partners and AppExchange software vendors ready to help (for a fee, of course).

What do you dislike?

Although cloud hosting has tremendous advantages over on premise, it does have its disadvantages. For instance, outages are rare but they do happen. Luckily, Salesforce is very transparent and system status and outage information can be found on trust.salesforce.com.

Multi-tenant environment: another disadvantage is that developing in Salesforce is like refurbishing an apartment that you rent as opposed to a house that you own. Your instance is shared with potentially thousands of other customers and there are limits to what you can do and rules regarding how you do things. As a developer, you will become keenly aware of things like governor limits, storage capacity, code coverage and test classes. These rules are in place to make sure you're not a noisy neighbor but they also protect your environment from others as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce deserves to be invited to the party whenever considering a CRM. They are light years beyond their competitors and have recently been named Most Innovative Company by Forbes Magazine. They listen to their customers and put out three releases a year which include many enhancements suggested by members of the community.

Salesforce review by User in Computer Software

"Loved that I could administer most of it myself."

What do you like best?

The ability to make changes myself as a sales leader. Did't have to wait for anyone else to do simple to medium changes. This allowed me to execute process changes rapidly. Also liked the realtime Dashboards. This allowed me to hold all the different teams accountable and drive towards sales and activity metrics.

What do you dislike?

Some of the administrative capabilities could be easier and more drag and drop vs. multiple clicks into a menu tree. The tool was good so I didn't need that much support but when I needed it it didn't seem timely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how much configuration you really need up front. Suggest to start with the most basic set--up you can get away with to meet your immediate needs and then iterate forward. Doing too much up front without user feedback could snarl up adoption.

Salesforce review by Nikkhil G.
Nikkhil G.

"Great technology for the enterprise and so flexible"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the Salesforce.com in terms of setup, usage and personalization is amazing. An enterprise level technology that is so easy to use and administer sets it apart. It is amazing how Salesforce.com have brought features we are used to expecting from Amazon, Facebook, Twitter etc. to the enterprise.

What do you dislike?

With the ability to administer and modify so easily comes the discomfort of having a process to control it. This can sometimes take away the benefits of quick changes to the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing out there is comparable. Salesforce.com are definitely in their own league.

Salesforce review by Charles H.
Charles H.

"SalesForce is extremely flexible and powerful"

What do you like best?

As a developer, SalesForce makes a lot of things quick and easy that would take considerable time in any other programming environment. With a little knowledge, there's virtually nothing that can't be done with SalesForce, they have excellent up-time, and you don't have to worry about server administration or other infrastructure worries.

What do you dislike?

SalesForce Mobile doesn't have good offline capabilities. Occasionally there are inconsistencies in the way that new features are built out compared to existing functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend exploring the full breadth of what SalesForce has to offer, when making a decision about Sales or Service automation. For example, although the Sales Cloud offering might not be exactly what you're looking for, it might be a great option to start with the Force.com platform and plug in an AppExchange app(s) that more closely fits your needs.

Salesforce review by Maxx K.
Maxx K.

"Impressive across any Indusrty"

What do you like best?

My teams within my current organization and previous used SF day in and day out to improve our metrics. Without SF I would not be able to function in an organized manner.

SalesForce allows for all team members to collaborate and track clients in one clean arena. The biggest advantage is the ability to start tracking prospects and leads and turn them into closed business. We are able to watch the sales cycle from beginning to end.

What do you dislike?

It can be heavy on the data entry, but only if you make it. SF allows us to determine which fields we want or don't want. Previously I was using the enterprise edition for a very large financial institution. We used the best features of SF far less than I do now with a small tech firm of 20. The less oversight we have the more functionality we can get on the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have trialed several other CRMs but none seem to compete with the completeness of SalesForce. Go ahead and pul the trigger on it. Otherwise you will always wonder "what if".

We have multiple teams using the platform to prospect, and import leads found from other sources. SalesForce makes it easy for us to bring in excel docs and other docs to turn contacts into potential buyers.

Salesforce review by Jessica P.
Jessica P.

"Customized CRM for marketing"

What do you like best?

This is a broad based platform that works best if you really customize it to your needs. There is a lot of information to use and integration is key. We have started to tie in lead nurturing and reporting with HubSpot as well into our version.

What do you dislike?

I think it is very expensive, the licenses put a lot of limitations on usage and unless you have a developer or someone very tech savvy to deal with integration and apps for customized settings or campaigns to really fit your needs, it can be quite cumbersome and a nightmare. The report creation has always been 50/50 as well for me, not pulling all the data I need, but just enough to get something meaty enough to analyze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to have a big budget and an on-site individual who really knows the way to create reports or integrate applications to the system.

Primary use is for lead tracking, report running and account analysis. For every benefit we find, there are many weeks of blood, sweat and tears to find the exact means of gathering the information.

Salesforce review by Dan C.
Dan C.

"Simplify your sales experience"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and understand salesforce.com. We switched from Oracle CRM On Demand, which was very rigid and not easy to use by myself, with out the help of an administrator. I can easily build reports and dashboards to easily feed me the information that I need to run my business.

What do you dislike?

The contractual aspect is frustrating. They will not let you go month to month, they will not let you add and subtract licences based on fluctuating demand, they will not let you pay on a monthly basis, even though I believe this is the easiest way to ensure they are getting paid regularly. They change sales reps a least once per year and the transition is usually rocky.

Managing campaigns and prospects to get to our end product of qualified sales opportunities for our clients. We also use salesforce.com to manage our own pipeline and move prospects along to close. We have automated a number of tasks that help us keep our costs down and allow us to grow without adding administrative resources. These automation's allow us to look bigger and compete better with larger firms.

Salesforce review by Susanna K.
Susanna K.

"What CRM does not transfer events to a calendar? Major disappointment, in otherwise great system."

What do you like best?

Love the record keeping, the follow up management, the template capability and hopefully with the version I have, the mass mailing ability ( I had it with my previous company, have not tried to use it yet with the basic version for one person business)

What do you dislike?

Today button on the app doesn't register SF events or meetings. Really? To my surprise the SalesForce I use is the basic, single person, something like $5 a month. Reasonable. But then on the mobile app there is a tab that says "Today". You click it and it says "you have no meetings". Salesforce does not have the ABILITY to link the "events" you set up to your mobile phone. Worse, they don't have the ability to link the events to Google calendar so your phone can read them. So.... there is a work around by another company - an app that does what they have been unwilling to program, or unable to do FOR them for.... wait for it..... $17 a month, $200 a year. Really, Salesforce? The king of keeping sales people connected to their customers and on track with their appointments, but they forgot to engineer something that gets the SalesForce events (meetings) to register on their "Today" button in their own SalesForce app?. I'm shocked there's not more complaints about this. I'm forced to buy the developed by an outside company, and who charges $200 a year, to get my events to show up on my Google calendar. Isn't that a basic CRM function?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has some non-intuitive bugs, but it works except for how it interfaces with its own app. Bugs in the app for sure - fields with weird population choices, that are different from the main SalesForce.

Basic CRM. Logging activity and keeping track of prospects beyond just a spreadsheet. Much more functional and accessiblel.

Salesforce review by Harry L.
Harry L.

"As with all data, you only get out what you put in, or do you?"

What do you like best?

Easy to launch, get running and start to input and extract data. For salesforce and platform users Data.com in the right hands can be a very effective tool. It does however need to be in the right format that has parity with your fields and data in your instance of sf. I have seen many mistakes made here which means the results and exoected data does not transfer where expected.

What do you dislike?

Not the most strighforward and user freindly especially for those new to the system ow with limited technical or admin exoerience,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your admin or marketing user to make sure that the data format and target locations are set and defined to get the best results long and short term.

Increased data transfer from lead sources and external information gathered from expo and events.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Salesforce review"

What do you like best?

I like that it organizes everything into one area. We have many different groups who use salesforce (lead generation, account executives to upsell cross-sell, etc) and instead of each using a different tool to track we can have it all in one place, allowing us to report on all the information that is kept in our system.

What do you dislike?

When you call support they always give responses for enterprise without looking if you have enterprise or other (we have professional) and the community or online tools often only have responses for enterprise. Also it is not the easier system to learn how to use. It takes a lot of time to get comfortable with the system. Reporting was one of the hardest things to learn how to do, yet one of the most important things we use SF for. I big pain point is that people must have admin rights to be able to do reporting. We don,t want everyone to be an admin and have the possibility to change everything yet we need them to be able to do their own reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A valuable tool that we use daily. It gives us the data that we need to make informed decisions, gain insight on where we are headed and make projections. You do need people who are admins who work continuously at cleaning up the system and overseeing that employees are completing correctly the fields in your system.

It is a lot easier to keep track of all our opportunities and who we are calling and what steps of each process we are at. Puts everything into one place. The reporting is also beneficial for the leadership team. Making fields mandatory s key to getting people to complete necessary information that we would sometimes have to run after.

Salesforce review by Hank W.
Hank W.

"SalesForce was designed for upper management, not for those who most need a useful CRM tool."

What do you like best?

It provides clear monetary goals, including where along the sales continuum the sales reality exists. It provides for the incorporation of a vast number of "leads" from various data sources.

What do you dislike?

The top overview was always "What have you done for me lately?", from the perspective of the sales boss. SalesForce is NOT a user-friendly tool for readily aiding those in sales; rather, it's for those who manage sales people. Every day, the SalesForce beast had to be fed, with tons and tons of input data, just so upper management could see that SF was being used. So it turns out that SalesForece is not a useful CRM tool for those who are living each day in the trenches of selling. It's for upper management, not for the grunt workers!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in upper management, you'll love salesforce. If you're in upper managment and you want to truly aid your sales team, do not force them to use SF. Rather, identify a CRM application that is user-friendly and useful for your sales team to use, not just so you can sit at your desk and force your workers in the field to waste their valuable time by inputting essentially useless data into SF ... for your benefit.

Largest problem, as for most any sales person, is identifying VIABLE sales leads, and then easily tracking these leads through the sales process. Key word here is "Viable". Simply having upper management dump in a plethora of contacts hardly constitutes the accumulation on viable sales leads. Bluntly, I received no benefits from SalesForce.

Salesforce review by Christiano F.
Christiano F.

"Salesforce as a tool from the perspectives of a sales agent, sales manager and management consultant"

What do you like best?

The customization of reporting allowing to pull properly indexed information in any combination that the user finds of value. The flexibility to control manipulation of the accumulated data facilitates informed decision making in the hands of the user. This is great news for the user.

What do you dislike?

The back-end platform is dated and sorely needs to be upgraded. Turning this into a robust data pull with a user friendly GUI so reporting is completed more timely is desperately needed. For those that have not used the tool, because of the customization capability, the tool can be complex. Enabling the advantages associated with that complexity is not built into the functionality of the system resulting in sometimes a challenging and time consuming experience for simple things like adding or removing functionality via a button to be pressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business requiring simple functionality AND integration with multiple marketing efforts all combined within one tool, then there are other CRMs out there to facilitate this.

If your company's revenue is primarily sales driven with marketing acting as a support role to sales, the robustness of this tool with the analytics to understand and measure complex data packets is unequaled in the industry today.

Decision making that is driven by the accumulated data of sales efforts in relation to marketing investment, ROI and time to realize ROI.

For sales team management, it also serves as an excellent tool for optimizing activity management within the team. Provided that the proper training catered to specific behaviors optimizes quality of data, this ensures the best application of the tool for this purpose.

Salesforce review by Brad T.
Brad T.

"Endless CRM capabilities, plenty of customization, hard to focus on simple specific tasks. "

What do you like best?

The ability to pull a plethora of reports to find sales information across a whole organization. Having the ability to have information pulled from different sales stages from a range of people on one account or opportunity is a great way to communicate what is going on.

Another strength I like are the alerts you receive. At first it may frustrate you and your manager (or however high up the alert goes) but really it helps you realize where you can improve within the tool. Making the experience easier for you and more importantly your team to win the opportunity.

What do you dislike?

The struggle of trying to sift through massive amounts of logged opportunities when trying to find a specific one. If you don't know the Salesforce opportunity number, then this could take a while. You'd think searching a name on the account or the account itself would be easier, but the tool gets too cluttered with the amount of information entered by everyone involved.

The pain of adding specific products, prices, shipping schedules, etc when creating a lead or opportunity takes too much time. The search bars in these situations are not useful. You need to know the specifics of everything entered. And when you sell 100 different products at very different prices, it starts to get frustrating and consume a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get as much training upfront as possible. I say this because not only is it a lot to take in at once, but you will also miss out on a lot of features to make your life easier just by trying to figure it out yourself.

Salesforce is a great tool for being able to know what is going on in your team and organization as a whole. I wish the searching capabilities were a bit more user friendly. Finding specifics can be daunting especially in a big organization. Overall, Salesforce provides quality data from a CRM standpoint and works very well for those who know the products all around functions.

I am solving the ability to communicate internally on what is going on in my sales accounts effectively. I can see how much an opportunity is worth, who is involved, what stage its at, what product is included all without having to pick up a phone or write an email. This tool allows me to properly asses the situation and pull in all the resources I need with very little difficulty in order to help close sales.

Another benefit is the knowledge of the Saleforce brand. Customers, partners, vendors and most importantly the whole sales organization knows what Salesforce is and understand how/what it is used for.

Salesforce review by Thomas G.
Thomas G.

"The best, most flexible modern CRM system"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and extensibility of Salesforce.com is what sets it apart. In the hands of a capable administrator and an executive team who requires 100% adoption, you can do just about anything you'd need to do with a CRM system. The AppExchange and open nature of their API and Force.com platform allows for a ton of plug and play extensions for things like Marketing Automation, proposal management, data cleaning, list imports, etc. Making basic changes and additions is generally easy to do. Basic reporting is also pretty simple. It's not perfect, but in my experience it is the best of what's out there.

What do you dislike?

The application tends to be pretty slow at times. Reporting needs to be more flexible to allow for some more advanced options. Not having true cross-object workflow rules necessitates building way too many custom APEX triggers. They need to focus more on improving the aging core functionality and less on making everything social.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend that you have someone in-house to run Sales Operations, both in terms of configuring and administering your SFDC instance and also to help set data flow and analytics strategy. Having a firm implement it is nice, but you need someone in-house full time. Also, I hear a lot of challenges around "adoption", which is absolute nonsense. You get 100% compliance like this: "Salesforce is now our system of record and we will provide ample training and help for whatever you need. Learn it and use it or work elsewhere." 100% adoption will follow.

Salesforce review by Jim S.
Jim S.

"Way better than Siebel, but you already knew that."

What do you like best?

Any business line manager can think of a business problem and design and implement a solution using Salesforce.com. In fact, many have already designed the solution and put it up on the App Exchange - maybe even for free. Get yourself a decent admin and the skies the limit.

What do you dislike?

All that flexibility means up-front planning or you may end up building too much into the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the CRM platform to choose in 2013, but just be sure you have a strong planning team with executive support. Get the Enterprise Ed if you can afford it, and turn on Chatter.

Oh year and get some advise from someone who will tell you what not to do, not just add the fields you want.

Salesforce review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"The Best CRM Tool in the Marketplace"

What do you like best?

Salesforce allows me to track, with fine-tuned, granular clarity, everyone that is going on with my business. Accounts, opportunities, leads, syncing to my website API...SFDC does it all.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of a learning curves to Salesforce, and it's not always very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using this asap, it will be a massive boon to your business.

Salesforce review by Joy M.
Joy M.

"Salesforce CRM for B2B"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is the best CRM I have used to date. One primary benefit is the fact that it's on a SaaS, cloud-based platform that I can connect to via online. The out-of-the-box platform is pretty good, but allows for quite a bit of customization, if needed. The platform is pretty user friendly, but like any CRM can be only as good as the data you put in. I like the graphic representations in the Reporting Dashboard, making it easy to see information in a visual way. It integrates with many marketing automation platforms, like Marketo for example, which only helps me perform my job and be able to report on opportunities from a specific campaign.

What do you dislike?

The system is only as good as the information you put in and does require constant monitoring to ensure data quality (avoid duplicates, accuracy, etc). A Salesforce Administrator is highly recommended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, I would recommend Salesforce to B2B companies looking to improve their sales cycle, information tracking, and report on campaigns.

Salesforce review by Richard R.
Richard R.

"Far and away best in class"

What do you like best?

The biggest differentiation between SFDC and other CRM or even other SaaS companies is the value add approach they take to relationship building. Most companies talk about this, but SFDC delivers. The tailored executive briefing center program and regional CIO round tables they sponsor are just two examples.

What do you dislike?

The cult of Marc Benioff can come across too strong at times, and dreamforce has become too large to successfully navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a no brainier regardless of the size of your company.

Salesforce review by Danealle M.
Danealle M.

"The Ultimate in a Collaboration CRM"

What do you like best?

Sales force has fields such as website, social media, contact and account information that shows up to the minute information on any company you are researching. Also a fantastic Intra-company networking tool. Highly recommended for large companies where different departments seek to network and can easily see colleagues' connections.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike, but challenge in retraining folks to use CRM as primary tool for correspondence instead of Outlook and then exporting to Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a demo of their multitude of versions. Also see if it can be adopted to improve your workflow and streamline sales pipeline and account management processes.

Learn more about Salesforce CRM

Salesforce CRM Videos

Learning about Salesforce CRM?

* We monitor all Salesforce CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(8,360)