(8,684)

Salesforce Sales Cloud CRM helps you close deals faster from anywhere, anytime.

Work for Salesforce CRM?

Learning about Salesforce?

Salesforce CRM Reviews

Ask Salesforce a Question
Filter ReviewsClear All Filters
  • Ratings (1)
Ratings (1)
Showing 113 Salesforce reviews
Salesforce review by Lara T.
Lara T.

"Too many features, too little functionality"

What do you like best?

I've been using Salesforce for about two and a half years now, and there's really nothing I like about it.

What do you dislike?

It's overwhelming. There are so many menus with so many options, and no way to clean up the view to remove unneeded options. Despite so much, there remains so many functions that seems as though they should be basic and standard, and yet they do not exist within Salesforce, and more than a decade of user requests sit in their ideas forum without response or with inadequate resolution. Mass emailing campaign members, selectively deleting from the trash bin in order to then be able to clean up old folders, and being able to track user actions are just a few of the requests Salesforce can't manage to address, but hey, they added emojis to Chatter, so that's something, right? No.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really do your research and don't just rely on the "#1 CRM" for this decision. The online community they've built heavily influences the popularity of this software that is, on its own, not very good compared to the competition. They've built a team of users who will work for free to build up their resume and earn badges and points within the community, providing Salesforce a nearly free global support team. For some people/companies, Salesforce is great. For our small business, it simply isn't a good fit, and the community isn't enough to mitigate all the reasons why.

We're moving away from Salesforce as soon as we possibly can. Our organization has had it for nearly ten years, investing tens of thousands of dollars, and we all hate it. No more.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce CRM
Salesforce review by Administrator

"Powerful, but needs work"

What do you like best?

Very, very powerful CRM overall. It's scalable for sales focused organizations.

What do you dislike?

It's so powerful you need to hire a developer to do pretty much anything. Very, very basic functionalities remain stuck in an "Ideas" page for you to vote on, where it will often sit for 10+ years. Sadly their releases also have some *significant* bugs, which render features useless - and they often won't fix until another quarterly update. This really isn't acceptable.

Mass emailing from a group email, exporting records to a PDF... mail merging to PDF. All not possible. (Note, everything is possible if you pay another $10k on add-ons, and then hire a developer to install)

Licensing is also a pain - it's very confusing, and overly complex. Our "sales rep" half the time doesn't even understand the licensing, and offers solutions and add-ons which aren't what we want. Their licensing packages change names what appears to be every six weeks, so even the Internet doesn't know what is what anymore. SF is kind of like a nickle and dime organization - but you both speak different languages, and you constantly need to buy up. Note, that we have Enterprise version.

We use it as an application and "client" management system.

What CRM solution do you use?

Salesforce review by Jana L.
Jana L.

"Better have a lot of $$$ to use SF"

What do you like best?

Everything and I mean everything is customizable. You can customize different pages and even app views for different users or user profiles.

What do you dislike?

Everything is customizable. So if you don't have an IT team to set up your SF environment, you'll be paying Salesforce or one of their outside company "partners" to help you get started. This is not included in the purchase price of Salesforce. In addition, your "account manager" rotates every year so you have to re-explain your business dynamics and utilization of SF to a new person every 11 months, who then tries to sell you more features or complimentary applications that you told the last account manager you weren't interested in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your yearly CRM budget carefully. Salesforce will require many hours of work to set up, implement, and maintain. This could be your internal staff hours, or outside partner company that you hire. Either way Salesforce costs much more than just the licensing price.

We created more problems than we solved so we dropped it. It was too expensive and SF had shown our small company that they were too big to be concerned with helping a small business like ours and it was not worth the tens of thousands of dollars we spent each year.

Salesforce review by User in Research
User in Research

"Does Not Play Nice with Others"

What do you like best?

I don't have any positives from my interaction with Salesforce. It has been a nightmare.

What do you dislike?

We have been integrating this into our existing ERP system and it has destroyed customer files, it is time-consuming, it is clunky and not optimized for efficiency. I should be able to do on one page what takes me 10 pages and 30 clicks to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a very large company with the resources to customize Salesforce for your needs, it probably would be a good option. However, if you are a small to medium-sized business (we are about 250 people), you will end up putting in more resources than you planned to try to get it to work for your needs.

We were hoping for better reporting capabilities and the reporting feature is fairly robust and intuitive, however, if the data that is in Salesforce is trash, your report is going to be trash.

Salesforce review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Trapped - Company/Cust Service is difficult to work with"

What do you like best?

Technology behind the smart fields, organization, multiple lists, ability to customize fields.

What do you dislike?

Trapped in contract. unable to cancel or downsize users when needed. My contract started in May and when I emailed in March that we needed to cancel they told me I would have needed to tell them I wanted to cancel before May.... ???? I reminded him that it was currently "Before May" I forgot to follow up again and it was the 1st week of june when I reached out again, this time just wanting to scale back our plan a bit. I was told I could not because my contract had just renewed. I reminded them that I had contacted them months ago to cancel, I was now willing to stay but needed to downsize my plan. (Less people, lower package) I was told they would not be able to help me because I was in contract. I've now been dealing with various people for 3 weeks now trying to get this completely cancelled based on my contact with them. They are extremely difficult to work with, no consistent customer service, and they TRAP you in a contract (which apparently automatically renews) and refuse to work with you until you have completed your ANNUAL contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They will try to lock you into an annual contract, make sure you tell them NOT To automatically renew your contract. Start with the mid level plan until your team figures out how to use the software and is fully onboarded. The reporting will be no good to you until everyone is comfortably with the software and using it properly. Its a waste of money to do the highest level package in the beginning.

We were not able to gain any additional benefits from using this software.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"THE MOST AWFUL CRM"

What do you like best?

I used to appreciate Salesforce, i thought it was cutting edge and had awesome marketing, coming from a "internally built" crm firm (Goldman Sachs), anything was better than what we barely had. It does the one function as an agenda book.

What do you dislike?

So much that i dislike, starting with the support model, is there anyone working here? Why does it always take 24hrs if i just need to update one small field and couldnt figure it out, can anyone figure it out? It is extremely painful to talk to anyone, and takes so much time. I absolutely hate it when i need to do something more than putting in a name and phone number.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to Hubspot.

I have an agenda book, it has more issues than solutions.

Salesforce review by Joshua C. A.
Joshua C. A.

"Data.Com or Bust = Bust"

What do you like best?

The only convenient thing about it Data is the plug in feature to SFDC. You can also upload or import the leads directly into SFDC.

What do you dislike?

The data is old, outdated or simply unavailable. I found much better data with DiscoverOrg or just going to LinkedIn. Many times when you upload the leads to SFDC they do not transfer correctly and or do not transfer at all. Many duplications and wrong account tags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, this is typically a free plug in for your SFDC CRM platform. Being that it is not an additional upfront cost, that minimizes the negative impact of having poor data.

Finding contact info for sales prospecting efforts. Using data for prospecting into new accounts and aligning organizations to the proper vertical for account based selling.

Salesforce review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"The world is your oyster - but it's blank and expensive!"

What do you like best?

The good things about Salesforce are that it's incredibly broad and used by thousands of companies in dozens of industries. It's a huge, blank canvass that can do just about anything you want to build it to do.

What do you dislike?

First off, Salesforce is expensive. I don't like how they charge a per-seat license because one of the points of CRM is to get your whole team on the same page. To get your whole team on Salesforce means a lot of expensive seat license fees.

Salesforce is a blank slate, and anything you do you have to customize. It's malleable but not necessarily user friendly to change and use. That means you have to hire a consultant to build it the way you want it, which is expensive and takes a long time. So, in the end, you spend a lot of money, get much of what you want, and aren't able to use it for a year or more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would at least look at Evariant and Tea Leaves, but they're expensive. You can look at Symphony RM and MarketWare as well. Don't consider Healthgrades.

We're trying to build profiles of our customers to better interact with them. We also use it for list management.

Salesforce review by Erika Y.
Erika Y.

"WAY too complicated"

What do you like best?

I work with solo- and entrepreneurs. They think, because of all the advertising, that this product is what they need. Wow, so not the case! It's 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag. It's confusing and convoluted. Maybe, if you have a team to work with it, it's a good platform, but for a start-up or small business, it's overkill.

What do you dislike?

I dislike everything about the dashboard. I dislike that, to get the functionality my clients need, we have to pay for add-ons. I dislike that it isn't a plug and play platform - there is a steep learning curve most newbies can't or don't have time for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere.

No solving of issues. No benefits - perceived or realized.

Salesforce review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Having used many CRMs, AVOID this one: nonfunctioning core features, 0 acknowledgement, 3+ week cust"

What do you like best?

Your email marketing manager will die trying to use their Content builder interface for anything beyond basic drag and drop boxes. don't even try to customize it.

What do you dislike?

Having used many CRMs, AVOID. The worst customer service, if you enjoy 1 day+ response times, and being locked into india-based customer service. Our company is a paying customer and literally wasted 3 weeks getting no answers from your technicians regarding something super straightforward.

Your EMAIL > CONTENT BUILDER advertises a set of LAYOUT features. like the one in my image. it claims to be mobile responsive, yet it in fact DOES NOT WORK for mobile stacking.

After 3 weeks of being bounced around, we finally were able to ESCALATE our case by calling our account manager who showed us where the button was hidden. Once escalated we got an AMERICAN support technician who also did not answer why your product did not work, and just closed out the case saying it was done.

.... 🤯 👎 how can this company be such a big name, yet be more bureaucratic than the post office at it's worst day?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beaurocracy - avoid if you need support on production deadlines even if you're 1 month away.

Email Marketing Templating & Deployment

Salesforce review by ⚔ Raymond N.
⚔ Raymond N.

"Not a CRM that helps sales people sell"

What do you like best?

there really isnt anything I can say helps me in anyway that I couldnt do more efficiently with my outlook and an excel document. which i still use because of this fact. I guess I like some of the add ons like Data.com which can be helpful for finding contacts.

What do you dislike?

I dislike most of it. but the major items that just do not make sense are these.

Notes are impossible to keep updated, there is not good way to keep a rolling score of Notes i have on a contact or account.

Every time you have to update something you have to click in and open it up in edit mode which can me time consuming if you are trying to update several items at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into systems that offer a great mobile app for your Sales people, and that automate everything without having to build out other components. If you want to add more items for your sales team to complete then this could be a great tool, but I am sure there are systems that can provide you with the reporting you need but also make it easier on sales people instead of harder.

I am selling Software and Marketing for the Recruitment industry. I know that the executves must be recieving some type of benefit from the reporting but I have yet to realize a benefit from Salesforce.

Salesforce review by Christian C.
Christian C.

"Convoluted complications."

What do you like best?

The only Salesforce perk is something that could've been avoided in the first place. The collapsible tables on your client screens seemed to operate on saved data, so if you close a table, it will stay closed even if you close the application and relaunch it completely.

What do you dislike?

Most of the information required to create a profile is obsolete information that was never used for anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find something simpler if you will not use every inch of Salesforce.

Improper communication with other pieces of software that are supposed to work off of the Salesforce data. No point in logging in Salesforce just to log the same data in the other programs it's supposed to share to.

Salesforce review by Kristi R.
Kristi R.

"It didn't work for what we were doing "

What do you like best?

It was a way to track information and had a few options

What do you dislike?

We used it for a nonprofit and it seemed like a bad fit. I hated using it. The UI was not fast and easy for tracking meetings with students in class. There was no way to save a template of info or autofill. It was just a really time consuming and non intuitive platform and it really grated on my nerves. I'm sure it works well for the right thing but not for what we were trying to do

It was a way to track data for nonprofit donors

Salesforce review by Dustin O.
Dustin O.

"Good for large enterprises, but overkill for SMBs"

What do you like best?

What I liked about Salesforce is that pretty much all other enterprise level software works with it. It was (still is?) the market leader for enterprise-level CRM.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the old and tired design. It is also software that works okay for enterprise-level companies, but Salesforce is no longer relevant for small or medium-sized businesses.

Salesforce did not keep up-to-date with the latest design trends or the needs of small businesses.

Also, it was hard to do integrations and requires hiring high-priced Salesforce developers who could navigate through the anomalies of their platform and do the integration.

Nowadays there are many other worthy competitors that offer easier-to-use features, a more visual platform, and which are priced much more competitively (e.g. Pipedrive)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are part of a smaller company (e.g. under $1MM a year in sales), check out solutions by other software vendors. There are plenty of them nowadays and pick the one that fits your budget and which your sales people will really use.

I used Salesforce for many years and actually found it difficult to document all the steps in the sales process.

My recommendation is to pick the BEST OF BREED for the activities you wish to do (e.g. Sales Quoting software, Email Drip followups, Sales Tracking, etc.) Salesforce is instead an "All in One" package, but it does all things "okay".

Keeping track of leads in the pipelines, forecasting future sales, maintaining a database of customers.

Salesforce review by Travis O J.
Travis O J.

"Not flexible, hard to use, doesn't do basic CRM functions"

What do you like best?

Inbox feature for adding availability to your emails.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't do the following things:

1. Track mass emails

2. Can't send meeting reminders

3. Can't 2 way sync your calendar

4. Can't close a lead as lost only won

5. Can't upload leads with associated activities

Dislike the following:

Inbox feature doesn't know the difference between daylight savings time and standard time! Has two different GUI's lightning and standard. Some items can only be done in the one interface and not the other which creates a training nightmare. 2 different areas for email templates that do not work well together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use something else. There are a lot of other products out there that are easier to implement and use then Salesforce at a much lower price point.

Managing customer leads through to sale close.

Salesforce review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"No Ad/Mkting teams were consulted in the QA of this product ***"

What do you like best?

If I like anything about Salesforce, it’s the ability to export contact information for clients (or past or potentia future clients), vendors and industry peers into Google Sheets, Excel or othe rprogeams that pep. That type of content matrix file, though it wasn not at intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The UX/UI is Terrible - it was obviously created by programmers and engineers with only a cursory knowledge of Sales and Marketing language , it is not at all intuitive and confates accepted terminology I. The field with a different meanings. “lead” means something different I. salesForce thank. Real life, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s very expensive for a product that is difficult and time consuming to meet attain even basic proficiency. Our sales team members overwhelmingly didtcontinue to use it after the initial push, used it incorrectly or inconsistently, or get into frustrated arguments over who was using it right. Don’t waste your money also I feel like we had to get Pardot to get full USABILITY

Keeping track of all attempted and successful contact with various clients, former clients and potential future clients. Even if multiple sales team members speak to the same client, the details and date are recorded for each, and can be referenced. Also used to sort contacts by various qualities which is useful for targeted campaigns

Salesforce review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Expensive overkill for many organizations"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is the de facto standard CRM solution that's used by the majority of organizations that we deal with. So, knowing how to use Salesforce helps us work with our clients who also use the application.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce tends to be overkill for most organizations that I speak with, most of whom are using just a fraction of the application's potential. In order to tap into that potential, however, quite a bit of expensive customization needs to happen.

We're just trying to keep basic control over our pipeline and prospects. Because much of our sales team has rebelled against using the product as they find it too cumbersome, the insight we're able to get out of the system is quite limited.

Salesforce review by User

"Not everyone uses ONE business model for all applications."

What do you like best?

It is very flexible and allows great customization -- I think... *Theoretically* it's supposed to be very flexible at least. In my company's execution, significantly NOT so. (Or is it? I honestly don't know where the fault lies -- in the product or in its implementation in our specific case.)

What do you dislike?

The word "task" is abrasive and inappropriate. My *boss* assigns me "tasks" NOT the ENTIRE 120k people ORGANISATION. This system seems to thrive on frustration and poor morale. There are endless quirks or "bugs" that still need fixing. It was NOT set up for our team's model -- we share the load and work together.

NOT individually assigned accounts, but there's apparently (?) no way to SHARE the workload in SFDC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you CONSULT the people who will be USING the product instead of assuming you know everything they will need and imposing a model on them that doesn't work.

Everything takes longer, there'are dozens of "required" fields that we don't really need, it's a Frankenstein homonculous of work-arounds more than one cohesive system... In short, I am NOT a fan.

Salesforce review by User in Internet

"Hold of getting SalesForce until you can afford a team to make it work for you."

What do you like best?

It's adapatability. This is the only good thing to like about it. The fact it can be a platform if required. The fact companies can turn it into "their CRM". But for us, using it because our product supported and integrated with it, was not helpful being a very small and "lite" sales team. We really needed systems to help for the reps and the opportunities.

What do you dislike?

The lack of out of the box usefulness. I know what salesforce is but this made it crap for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really hold out and use any other modern CRM web application for small and medium sized businesses until you absolutely need to go with SalesForce. I'm hoping the next wave of software will possibly move the "data" /"source of truth layer to a level of abstraction away from the CRM itself, so that you are much more mobile to move and choose and build systems that truly work for your use-case. Using CRM and building it to "fit your needs" often is only fitting your needs within the boundaries that they set.

I think it's a fascinating company, but the product, for the times i've used it, is more of a burden than a help, for actually getting the real work done that it's supposed to help.

logging opportunities, leads, contacts. Minor forecasting. No real benefits that an XL spreadsheet wouldn't have covered. Bought SalesForce way too early for our needs (But wanted to use it as most of our customers do and our product was heavily integrated with it)

Salesforce review by Gijs B.
Gijs B.

"No direct dials, little international"

What do you like best?

It integrates nicely with SalesForce. Relatively easy to use

What do you dislike?

- no direct dials nor mobile phone#

- relatively outdated (compared to LinkedIn)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to find out who you're looking for ==> LinkedIn

If you want to find out a direct dial # of the person you're looking for ==> our success rate was <5%

If you want to find an e-mail address ==> then it is pretty ok

Try uploading your own contacts, if you have permission of them, instead of buying records first

We were aiming to get phone# of prospects for our outbound sales team. That didn't work

Salesforce review by Manu K.
Manu K.

"NOT WORTH THE MONEY - horrible billing policy - 1 year min contract"

What do you like best?

The mobile app was handy - but ultimately not worth the money.

What do you dislike?

Every decent web-app today charges customers on a monthly basis so that you can stop using the app at will: adobe photoshop, and quickbooks to name a couple. Not Salesforce - they require a minimum 1 year commitment or $300/user at a time.

I was unhappy enough to make a 2 year commitment. I realized after just 3 months that the business I'd purchased it for wasn't going to work out and called to cancel my service with SalesForce - they refused. I sent them proof that my corporation, under whose name I'd purchased the service was dissolved - still they insist on charging me for a service I don't use.

NEVER purchase services on a yearly contract like this - especially if you aren't 100% certain it will suit your business needs. Chances are you can live without it. Get started on one of the cheaper or easier CRMs out there instead. Salesforce is NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

Recommendations to others considering the product

x2 crm, cloze

nothing

Salesforce review by Administrator

"dont start with SalesForce"

What do you like best?

nothing works as it should. very poor customer service. very expensive

Cant say i like something. the interface is very poor and compare to other software which cheaper with better customer care, i really have nothing to say good.

What do you dislike?

The communication between salesforce is just very very not ok. In my opinion i will not recommend this kind of software. every year they increase the price and the money is paid, they are not doing the job

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a very expensive tool, and its not anymore for small and medium business.

sales, leads.

Is very ok for our department and linguists, but is very expensive per user and if we want to add more code to one we have already paid a lot of money.

I will not recommend to anyone, if someone what to be stuck one year with a very high price with a very bad customer care , then pls avoid.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Not the best"

What do you like best?

I honestly do no think there was something I would like best about this program. I went in having high hopes for this program and was truly let down.

What do you dislike?

Everything about this program. It is not user friendly. You can not transfer contacts easily. There is not any formal training that you can receive so YouTube is your friend which the "trainer" they paid to do the YouTube videos looks like she was paid minimum wage to stand in a T-Shirt and talk in circles. Once you are past learning the program you realize that you were better off with Acculynx or other programs like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend this product to anyone. It is extremely complex and cheaply built. Spend your money elsewhere.

This program was purchased to manage company marketing and sales tracking. Realized that you might as well just use a primary book keeping software program like quickbooks and track your own marketing.

Salesforce review by Agency in Financial Services
Agency in Financial Services

"ABSOLUTE GARBAGE FOR SERVICE...WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE (IF YOU CAN EVEN CALL IT THAT)"

What do you like best?

NOTHING. NOT ONE THING IS ANYMORE USEFUL THAN DOING IT MANUALLY. OR VIA ANY OTHER SYSTEM.

What do you dislike?

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE!!!! THERE IS NO HELP DESK TO CALL AND ASK A QUESTION, THERE IS NO SUPPORT OTHER THAN LEARN TO USE IT THROUGH 'TRIAL BY FIRE.' IF YOU ARE A BUSY FINANCIAL ADVISOR, LAWYER, DOCTOR, ACCOUNTANT THEN I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING SALESFORCE. IN FACT, I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND USING IT TO ANY OF MY 125 BUSINESS CLIENTS EITHER..

Recommendations to others considering the product

FIND A CRM THAT OFFERS REAL SUPPORT. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY BUYING ON NAME RECOGNITION. THIS IS WHAT OUR BROKER DEALER SUGGESTED, AND IT HAS DONE NOTHING BUT SUCK MONEY FROM OUR BANK ACCOUNT FOR YEARS.....NOT ANY MORE!

ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT, ZERO HELP FROM ANYONE. HUGE WASTE OF COMPANY MONEY.

Salesforce review by User

"Salesforce is unwieldy "

What do you like best?

I'm a Salesforce superuser, having used the platform in sales roles for more than ten years. It's a very familiar platform that gets the job done for sales teams.

What do you dislike?

Most companies use about 10% of the functionality unless they have a developer to make it work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would go with one of the young disruptors in the industry. It's cheaper and the platforms are often way more user-friendly. Look for a CRM that matches the basic functions of sales and forget the bells and whistles that your sales team simply won't care about or use.

Salesforce is a good repository for information. The tickler system works well for sales prospecting.

"Useful to an extent"

What do you like best?

I guess the best feature is that you can customize it whichever which way you want ultimately.

What do you dislike?

It seems not a lot of User Experience design ever has gone into the design of Salesforce CRM features. Overall it's pretty clunky to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some in depth user experience design

The main thing we're solving is having all campaign data and billing in one place, which provides access to all stakeholders to check in.

Salesforce review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Useless for sales, help for lazy managers"

What do you like best?

I do not appreciate needing to fill out pointless forms that really only prevent managers from needing to be engaged with their employees.

What do you dislike?

I like none of it. Any manager worth his salt should know how to manage a sales team without resorting to force his team into many needless hours of data entry.

I have seen my company spend a very large amount of money but I’ve literally never seen one valuable success come from it.

Salesforce review by Marlee W.
Marlee W.

"If you like sitting at you desk doing data entry, Salesforce is for you!"

What do you like best?

Having account information in one location

What do you dislike?

Way too data entry intensive. I have yet to see the benefit to me as far as achieving sale goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to have your sales team spending a lot more time at their desks rather than out in the field making sales.

I have yet to discover this. I thinks it more of a way for management to track information

Salesforce review by Paul P.
Paul P.

"Clunky, outdated, but still irreplaceable "

What do you like best?

It's a brain dump - working in a sales team that has seen a number of different account reps come and go means that it's difficult to remember or accurately track all of the conversations our organization has been involved in. Time after time we rely on Salesforce to dig up old conversations, find context, and the right points of contact. Don't see any way we could function without this.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything about the software... the UI is not intuitive. Navigation is slow. Doing any actual task in Salesforce is frustrating and never straight-forward. You need to have a full-time developer working to modify your organization's salesforce subscription if you really want to get the most out of it. From a user's standpoint, Salesforce is just an absolute nightmare. Like stepping back into the 1990s every single day at work....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it. The only reason we still use it is out of necessity - so much of our information is stored there now that it would be impossible to transition. Salesforce has its hooks embedded deep into most inside sales teams, but there are probably better options out there now.

We use Salesforce to organize and store sales information, track individual accounts and opportunities, record expected revenue, and assign leads to various salespeople as they come in. We've been able to maintain some semblance of sales team continuity over the years even through several personnel changes.

Salesforce review by User

"Not a fan of Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Having a database of accounts and opps is nice, but it is too difficult to navigate. too many features, tabs, items to click

What do you dislike?

How non-user friendly it is; how much its use differs between companies -- there is no standard; lead conversion practices are difficult, and it's hard to organize the CRM to connect marketing and sales

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set standards from the start within your company

Seeing past notes helps guide conversations

Salesforce review by David L.
David L.

"Trying out Salesfoce.com condemns you to 20 spams a month, for decades after you have divorced them"

What do you like best?

I never really had time to learn the software. It has a lot of features but that adds complexity.. There is no logical migration for a small business to start small and add features. So I never really had time to learn it during the year I subscribed. I was too busy serving new clients.

What do you dislike?

What I hate is that TEN YEARS after dropping Salesforce.com I get 15-20 emails a month from the various departments and user groups of Salesforce.com. And NONE OF THE EMAILS HAVE AN UNSUBSCRIBE OPTION. Nor do they accept UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line. Nor will the sales reps who keep calling you for years after you leave help you with this. They tell you you have to log on to change your email options. They have no answer when you tell them you have no account to log on to.

On my desktop, my spam filter handles this, but on some of my mobile devices the filters are not as robust. Check your emails and you will see no UNSUBSCRIBE option.

Think of Salesforce.com as an obsessive, stalking ex spouse who will never let you go long after the divorce. They seem to think is they keep harassing you for life, maybe you will come back.

Be smart! Choose a CRM vendor who has the decency to let you unsubscribe after you say no thank you.

I was trying to organize my group emails and clients in a way that would save time and make me more productive. I never had time to decypher the user interface enough to do this.

Salesforce review by Administrator

"Terrible - had to spend days on the phone begging to cancel and refund. "

What do you like best?

nothing. there is nothing to like at all. salesforce is terrible.

What do you dislike?

After my initial phone call with my account executive, Joey Piazza, I decided to purchase salesforce. The purpose of the phone call was to describe my business to see if salesforce could be customized to meet my needs. I left the phone conversation under the assumption that the product I would receive would be a customized version of salesforce. I received the out-of-the-box version. When I asked Joey about the customizations that we discussed, he told me to google it and learn how to do it myself. I immediately requested a cancellation and refund. Joey refused my request and forwarded me to his supervisor, Casey Hopcroft. I had a short phone conversation with Casey. She told me she would talk to Joey at 4pm that day and I should have a response after that. I have emailed and called them multiple times since that day. I never received any response to email or voicemail. I finally got someone on the phone from the billing department and had to argue for about an hour to get a cancellation. I'm still waiting for a refund.

They are slamming their customers into contracts, misleading them, and then ignoring the customers' complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The salesforce software is great. Research 3rd party companies using the salesforce framework to customize products specific to your industry. DO NOT BUY SALESFORCE DIRECTLY FROM SALESFORCE.

No benefit at all. If wasted money is a benefit, then salesforce is great.

Salesforce review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Worst prospecting tool I have ever used"

What do you like best?

I cannot say even one good comment about this software, we are so disappointing.

What do you dislike?

- Data quality is poor : Immediately, when we started using this our response rate went from 12% to 0.1%...

- CRM integration is poor- It took almost a month with help from Engineers of data.com, as we went along the engineers exposed a few lies which were told to us by the sales person.

- Going back to the data, majority of the data is updated once a year and most of it is fraudulent

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away from this one.

We lost time and money.

Salesforce review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Whats all the hype about?"

What do you like best?

Not very happy with the complexity of salesforce, whats all the salesforce hype about?.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to achieve simple tasks like edit notes in internal comments instead of simply adding a note. Also, coworkers can go in and edit cases I am currently working on, creates problems. And the speaker meetings are hosted by celebrities, not real business people. Whats all the salesforce hype about?

Very complex to use, not creative at all however.

"It is a CRM program"

What do you like best?

It finds my contacts easily easily easily easily

What do you dislike?

It has a cartoon thing on the intro page, like I'm 12 years old and will be amused by it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare to spend all your time figuring out how to use it and no time actually working.

I don't know that it solves problems. I don't see any real benefits.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Sub-par customer service"

What do you like best?

They respond quickly to initial request.

What do you dislike?

The response to the initial request does not provide insight or answers to the question, no matter how simple the question or request. It takes multiple back and forth conversations, screen shares, and movement from one service rep to the next and back again to get a resolution. In a couple of cases, I gave up the pursuit of the resolution and figured out a work around.

We recently migrated from one version of SF to another. It has been VERY painful. Mostly, I have gotten the run around. The sales person said they would do the migration for us. After we signed the contract, we were told that SF does not do migrations. We would need to hire a consultant or do it ourselves. This whole process has been extremely frustrating.

Salesforce review by Neil S.
Neil S.

"Not a fan"

What do you like best?

Shows me the related contacts pretty easily.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything else. Not easy to see past orders, current tasks, etc..

I imagine it was less expensive than Sugar CRM? Not sure why we switched.

Salesforce review by User in Information Technology and Services

"No one wants to use this software, but you need to use it."

What do you like best?

Honestly, not much. User interface is rather terrible. Too many fields and they should consolidate many.

What do you dislike?

Where to start? By trying to be thorough in capturing customer information, the pages become redundant and overly confusing. Basic reporting is a nightmare and why a whole bunch of companies exist claiming to make "using Salesforce easier". Quite frankly, an awful experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Turn this heap of crap around somehow, for the sake of all of us. Utter disaster.

I get the basic concept of customer information existing in one central location, for everyone to see and use. But it is flat out a nightmare doing very, very basic functions. It has embedded itself within so many organizations that they can no longer replace it. It's there to stay.

Salesforce review by User

"Salesforce Lightning- super slow and UI is terrible"

What do you like best?

After using Lightning for 5 months, I really can't think of anything that is better in this system than Classic.

What do you dislike?

SF Lightning is SUPER Slow!! the columns of data are non intuitive and slow down my sales process overall

Recommendations to others considering the product

At this point, I would recommend evaluating other resources

Just like any CRM we are looking for an efficient way to house our prospect and client universe. Not sure why SF went this way but there are daily complaints from our 20 person sales team

Salesforce review by User

"Don't see why they are the industry leader"

What do you like best?

I don't like Salesforce much at all. Mind you it is the only CRM tool that I have used.

What do you dislike?

The fact that they don't have a "light" license type. I'm not in sales (support role) and the fact that my company has to pay 1K for me to use the application (ie. the same price as a sales rep) is a bit of a joke.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't base your purchase on Chatter. Pretty much every application has that type of functionality now.

It replaced Pivotal. So in that sense, it's an improvement (albeit and expensive one).

Salesforce review by Shelly M.
Shelly M.

"Good price point, but missing specific features I needed"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy to use, do like the feature to keep sales reps competing and its always fun to hear company-wide when someone makes a sale!

What do you dislike?

Certain fields needed to be used for others items we needed to document, making some reporting difficult. Missing campaigns or nurture type sequence. I need automation and this was lacking. Automation is key!

unfortunately we went with another more powerful (INHO) CRM.

Salesforce review by User in Computer Software

"Salesforce CRM"

What do you like best?

Works with both desktop and mobile devices so that you can access from anywhere

What do you dislike?

Salesforce CRM is a good tool for Sales Managers if they spend some time understanding the metrics capabilities and how to build reports charts etc. Salesforce in my personal experience is very easy to use but is not built for salesmen. It slows down every sales process I have ever seen used with it. If an organization is obsessed with tons of metrics then sf wI'll work great. I would not recommend this software if one is looking to make a salesmans life easier.

Metrics lots of metrics and reports

Salesforce review by Cody P.
Cody P.

"The most ridiculous over complicated CRM ever created."

What do you like best?

Nothing. I've hated this CRM since day one.

What do you dislike?

Everything. This will not do anything without several thousand dollars of additional investment for a trained professional to set up very basic applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay as far away as possible. Keep in mind; after you pay, you will never hear from your account executive again!

I recently canceled my salesforce subscription to utilize a Free CRM with multiple functionality upgrades.

"Poor User Interface"

What do you like best?

Not much. Sales force has some tools that could be useful but actually aren't whatsoever.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce has random glitches that take hours to figure out. I had a user issue over which I spent over 15 hours trying to resolve, and there was no real solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To look into another comparable software

Keeping track of leads and engagements, it has helped us to reach out to potential clients and provide them with information that may sway them in our direction.

Salesforce review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Not user friendly"

What do you like best?

Hmm.. not an easy software to navigate. I guess it helps show where my leads have been and how often they have received emails/campaign items

What do you dislike?

Very confusing, not user friendly :( Does not help notify when I need to reach out to a prior customer, does not organize my contacts/leads in an easy manner

Recommendations to others considering the product

It needs to be able to notify all of my contacts and when I need to follow up with them again

Helps to contact guests and integrates them into our inside systems

Salesforce review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"May be great for enterprise sales teams, but a pain for smaller teams"

What do you like best?

Salesforce has an entire ecosystem that makes anything possible. There's lots of people and companies that you can pay to customize anything.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time and a lot of money to get everything set up. It's basically a full time job to use Salesforce. There's way too many options and features.

We needed a CRM to manage a small sales team of 3-5 people. We found it to be overkill and put more time and energy into it than we got out of it.

Salesforce review by Dan D.
Dan D.

"No Customer Service- Do not sign a 3 year contract for any reason"

What do you like best?

The product does work. It can do anything but trust me you will pay for every item and you will need every item. So it will be more then you could imagine.

What do you dislike?

-Customer service

-3 year contract

-Sales rep

-inability to fix anything or use common sense.

- I tried added a chatter user and wanted to cancel. They wanted me to pay for it for 3 years. They said that even tho my spend is higher then contract I have to add new user same time as delete. I tried but made a mistake. They can fix since they are a public company.

-The just screw their clients

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not sign long term contract.... They will screw you and you cant ever pay less. A large company will create one on a smaller scale and put this company out of business.

-The CRM is nice.

-fast load time great integration.

I would be happy if they werent so greedy and cared just a little bit about their clients.,

Salesforce review by Justin T.
Justin T.

"Terrible product for reporting."

What do you like best?

There is not much here that I like. The sales reps are used to it, which is about the only positive thing I can say.

What do you dislike?

The reporting within the report is horrible, and the individual tables are terrible to try to link in outside tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at your other options. Don't just assume this is the "best" CRM.

We are using for our CRM. I'd consider using Sugar instead, honestly. We have also looked at switching to Dynamics. It is more of a "we are used to it, so why change it" than anyone really liking it. Their support is also horrible.

Salesforce review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Poor Exprience"

What do you like best?

It's hooked up to our Unix and it keeps a lot of information linked. It also keeps our customer codes so we don't have to look them up.

What do you dislike?

There's no sent box in my company's Salesforce. Once I send an email I can't track it easily. If I forward an email I no longer have it either. It's very inefficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with Outlook!

Everyone on my team has access to each other's emails. This is tremendously helpful when I get a phone call and my customer references an email that was not sent to me.

Salesforce review by Alex D.
Alex D.

"Didn't Work For Me"

What do you like best?

Honestly there were very few positives for me. Using Salesforce was one of the more frustrating parts of my day.

What do you dislike?

When I used Salesforce as a an employee I was completely underwhelmed. Huge barrier to entry, very disappointing user interface. Really more of a pain and inconvenience to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away!

From my perspective I did not solve any business problems using Salesforce.

Learn more about Salesforce CRM

Salesforce CRM Videos

Learning about Salesforce CRM?

* We monitor all Salesforce CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(8,684)