Salesforce CPQ

Salesforce CPQ

Salesforce CPQ automates quoting, contracting, and ordering processes. Improve sales productivity and close more deals without ever leaving the Salesforce Cloud. Fully native on Salesforce1, Salesforce CPQ delivers next generation CPQ which is 5-10x easier to implement than legacy CPQ applications.

Work for Salesforce CPQ?

Learning about Salesforce CPQ?

Salesforce CPQ Reviews

Ask Salesforce CPQ a Question
Josiah P.

"Best streamlined software out there for providing quotes."

What do you like best?

CPQ software's have dramatically increased my personal business revenue. I spent hours on excel building personal quotes and have saved countless hours since switching to a proper CPQ like sales force. Sales force is the cleanest software in my opinion which is why I have stuck with it.

What do you dislike?

My initial fear was it's price but after using a separate IBM CPQ software that was way worse and more expensive I found this to be about average in price.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Switch if you are still creating personal quotes using basic software(excel, word, google docs)

I have found a much faster sales cycle and created high value deals with customers because of Sales force. CPQs like this have boosted my deals effectiveness by giving my sales team the power to create the best quote possible and has ensured that that my team only sells with the most recent pricing list.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce CPQ
Showing 819 Salesforce CPQ reviews
Gladys J. A.

"automation of different administrative processes."

What do you like best?

I think one of the things that I like most about this tool is its process to perform tasks that are carried out daily in any office, in the sales sector, for those who work in this medium, which helps, we frees a little, from the long hours of work we have to do, sales forceCPQ, creates an automation system for different hiring processes, quotes and even orders of different products, in this way, we can do our work in a faster way and simple, we also have all the available information, in the panel of sales force cpq, for any type of need, so, in this way, sales and other similar processes,

What do you dislike?

I do not like the email list, I would like this to be possible, modify my craving, create folders with different types of clients, and not a single list where everything is together, and to search for a specific client, it becomes a task quite annoying, in other platforms, you can create categories, according to the interests of each client, in this way it takes a more complete order, all the work that is being done, and when you need to make a communication with a person, in specific, it is much easier to find your information, but in this system, I find that very messy.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce CPQ
刚 .

"Powerful product"

What do you like best?

The platform has come a long way and allows me to be creative as an admin, how do I build features to create quotes for our customers. I can offer a variety of pricing types for different products, while controlling pricing through rules and verification, creating a "virtual proof" for my users and creating a consistent experience for my customers.

What do you dislike?

My initial concern was its price, but after using a separate IBM CPQ software, the software was worse and more expensive, and I found the price to be related to the average.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See if it meets your needs. My advice is to check how it fits your business and whether your product is suitable for CPQ (eg highly configurable and predictable pricing models, etc.).

The Resuleltos problem is to create a simpler, more structured budget. I also think that you will have more customers willing to buy your product, and it will save me a lot of time in the process so that I can automate through this application. I will say that the most important thing is that it can help me speed up the prosecution process, so as not to cause any inconvenience to the collection.

What CPQ solution do you use?

Shannon K.

"Great for Numbers People"

What do you like best?

I'm a novice and probably don't use everything to its full potential, but everything about SalesForce is helpful in that it makes a visual of all of those Excel sorts you're used to doing. Be it a table of data, or an actual visual chart. It collects the leads, helps you remember where in the communication/sales process you are with them, allows the team to help jump in and take part in the process, save files, then (what I do) run overall reports on what's going on to figure out trends and statistics.

What do you dislike?

It is so specific, so you have to double check everything. A quality problem. Slightly outside/unrelated, when you convert a lead into an opportunity, there's some data that you lose which gets frustrating when you're reentering everything back in.

It speeds up the overall process of selling. Not one thing in particular.

Shane D.

"Salesforce for winners "

What do you like best?

Huge fan of Salesforce CPQ - Admittedly I had never used it before my current role so I was completely blown away by it's capabilities and functionality. I'm still getting used to it to be honest but what I have used (over the last 2 months) has changed the game for me for good. It's made my day a whole lot more productive and efficient so I hope it's a sign of things to come.

What do you dislike?

The technical side of things took a while to adjust to but that could be my lack of knowledge, which comes with any new technology.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate just pull the trigger and buy it! Thank me later

CPQ - Quote to Cash, Subscription Billing

Reinald Q.

"Salesforce CPQ is in charge of many action in the sells department"

What do you like best?

Salesforce CPQ gives users a lot of freedom, allowing you or your sales team to modify prices of products, in order to attach it to the reality in the best possible way. It also offers good flexibility in the options for discounting rules, and bundles for simplifying the selling process.

What do you dislike?

Although I consider Salesforce CPQ as a flexible platform, I think the system is rigid in some actions. For example: I’m unable to do a simple task like modifying descriptions. Also, the order form process can get very lengthy when you have several line items. I also think Salesforce CPQ is lacking of templates. We have solved this issue by integrating it with a CLM tool. We use Conga for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to standardize onto a very rigid quoting platform, Salesforce CPQ is a software for you. I highly recommend it to anyone with a complex offering, complex discounting or that constantly is onboarding new reps. It makes easy to quickly generate custom quotes by selecting different products. However, you must consider this process can be long and tedious sometimes and that you could encounter some bugs you need to be aware so things can work properly. So, if you are looking for a quick tool to spin up, this is not the proper tool for you.

Salesforce CPQ is a very important software in the sales department. We use it for several actions in the selling sector, such as bundled service offerings, guided selling, discounting and approvals. The AI tool Einstein, one of the most useful features, is used to get recommendations of the best quotes with positives results. We integrate it with Conga to get more templates.

Josefina R.

"Awesome quote tool"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of making Quote and design the item. Having the capacity to effectively make statement and send to my clients. It functions admirably generally, and it is really natural. Loads of customization choices and adaptability. Local to the SalesForce condition. Estimating on a for every client premise.

What do you dislike?

Introductory take off could be entangled and unwieldy. Scaling vast open doors simply don't work great yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a creative programming, you will spare a great deal of time utilizing it, it might be somewhat hard to oversee toward the start yet later it is exceptionally handy. will help you as an organization to give the customer the treatment he merits. Switch on the off chance that you are as yet making individual statements utilizing fundamental programming.

Make inward/operational efficiencies Improve business process nimbleness Improve business process result. I have discovered an a lot quicker deals cycle and made high esteem manages clients in view of Sales constrain. The application gives rich usefulness in item lists, business and report age and is adaptable to help future hierarchical development.

Stacy L.

"The best quoting tool! "

What do you like best?

I am already very familiar with Salesforce Lightning, as we currently use it within our company, and CPQ works seamlessly with the lightning version, so I am able to organize my contacts and opportunities and create quotes within the opp.

It makes things easily accessible, and it helps me during forecasting. It also provides a prompt response to my clients that are requesting pricing.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have anything that I dislike except for the fact that salesforce can be expensive depending on the amount of users.

CPQ allows me to manage my business and forecasting. I'm able to get a quote out quickly to my client and sometimes that turn around time makes or breaks a deal.

Tristan S.

""The best citing apparatus! ""

What do you like best?

The capacity to see the majority of my potential customers and forthcoming arrangements commitment messages and so forth in one spot is useful for me to remain sorted out and on track to meet my business objectives. What other place would you be able to share a contact plan gatherings make undertaking and statements in a single spot. salesforce is a one stop shop I couldn't live without it

What do you dislike?

The powerlessness to change a portion of the arranging is some of the time baffling when I'm hoping to have an alternate arrangement of criteria and I am not ready to make those acclimations to address my issues. Other than that I can't consider whatever I don't care for about the item it's anything but difficult to utilize

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a look and check whether it meets your requirements. My proposal is look at how it fits to your business and if your items would fit well inside CPQ (for example very configurable versus unsurprising estimating model, and so forth).

We are unraveling the capacity to sort out our customers gatherings errand and commitment across the board place so we as a whole remain concentrated and on assignment. We have turned into much increasingly sorted out weighs less time copying forms and have the majority of our data in a single spot.

KAITLYN G.

"Life insurance agent "

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy it is to record and find clients. It is a fairly simple software that allows you to search for new clients and save their information. You are able to filter out based on search criteria and label names so that you can remember to ignore them or go back and do more research.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how disorganized it can get. There are some searches that come up that are irrelevant or do not have enough information. There is also quite a bit of information that is hard to sort through at times.

We are solving the problem of finding clients and labeling them so that we can find target clients quicker. The benefits are that we can make more sales knowing who is more likely to buy our product. We also are aware of who is unlikely to buy and it saves us a lot of time and research.

Bill P.

"Great, robust product for Enterprise & above. "

What do you like best?

The platform has come a long way and allows me as an admin to be creative with how I build functionality to create quotes for our customers. I can have various pricing types for different products, and at the same time control pricing with rules and validations to "dummy proof" it for my users, creating a consistent experience for my customers.

What do you dislike?

Documentation and training needs to be more cohesive. The knowledge library has articles from old features, some still have Steelbrick name/branding/terms. Some articles lack necessary detail, and are not consistent with in person training and vice versa. The customer experience for guided learning is lacking and needs an expert in Google-fu just to find the knowledge article.

Needing to add multiple permission sets for admins is somewhat annoying, but can deal with it.

HTML WYSIWYG editor needs serious work

Document generator needs serious work as well, can be very slow and clash with certain browsers on a whim (Chrome doesnt get along with it all the time)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before making the jump , ensure without a doubt you understand your product and pricing structure inside and out. Not only pricing, but can answer the "if this then that" questions for all products and combinations. I would also decide if your products can be quoted with simple out of the box quotes & products with standard functionality or not. CPQ is a very heavy and robust tool that allows you to cover the majority of product and pricing scenarios, but requires a lot of work in planning, design and execution. If you do not know your products, processes, and pricing in your sleep, you will make more work for your development team down the road and can be costly.

Complex quoting for custom manufactured products. We currently cannot report on quoted product configurations due to the thousands of configurations we have, but Salesforce CPQ will allow us to not only allow users to further customize their product quotes, but give us the ability to report on specific products, options and configurations.

Mark B.

"Salesforce CPQ"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating Quote and configurating the product.

Being able to easily create quote and send to my customers

It works well for the most part, and it is pretty intiuitive

Lots of customization options and flexibility. Native to the SalesForce environment. Pricing on a per user basis.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't always work the way i want

Initial rollout could be complicated and cumbersome.

Scaling. large opportunities just don't work very well yet

Costly for medium sized enterprises. calculation times can be sometimes slow

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been using Steelbrick CPQ for over a year and I love this product, it allows me to create orders and renewals for my customers all at a click of a button.

Too many steps with previous platform to send a contract and too many required fields. CPQ has been an easy way to get quotes out and quickly make changes versus the old software we were using. Creating quotes, submitting for approval, adding products, etc.. It all works great and it's done wonders for our companySo we have a very complicated set up in terms of products and pricing. All of my company's contracts have just slightly different termsIt works, well 95% of the time.

Create internal/operational efficiencies Improve business process agility Improve business process outcomes The application provides rich functionality in product catalogs, commerce and report generation and is scalable to support future organizational growth. The user on boarding is easy.

Josiah P.

"Best streamlined software out there for providing quotes."

angela maria g.

"a software that uses cpq"

What do you like best?

this application is a software that works efficiently to automate various processes of price configuration and the budget to use, what I like the most about this budgetary elaboration is that it also provides the opportunity to generate the best billing, this billing can take a Control is the income earned by this software. On the other hand, it allows me to increase the distribution channels and facilitate various orders by this way to have a higher profitability.

taking into account this with this software I will go on to sell more to tner a great marketing channel that is salesforce cpq

What do you dislike?

I think it is a good software I do not find any fault in which it could be solved, I consider that it has the necessary tools as I said before to improve the sales force of your company, besides its high experience it gives you the necessary confidence that as a company you need keep with your customers so they keep buying you much more and with better volumes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

basically it is an innovative software, you will save a lot of time using it, it may be a bit difficult to manage at the beginning but later it is very practical. will help you as a company to give the client the treatment he deserves

Resuleltos problems is the creation of more simple and more organized budgets, I also consider that you get more numbers of customers willing to buy your product, also saves me a lot of time in the processes to be able to automate by this application and finally I would say that the most important thing is that it helps me to expedite the process with respect to the prosecution so as not to have any inconveniences in the collections.

Andrea D.

"Clients Contacts, Engagements "

What do you like best?

The ability to see all of my potential clients and upcoming appointments engagements emails etc. in one place is helpful for me to stay organized and on track to meet my sales goals. Where else can you share a contact schedule meetings create task and quotes in one place. salesforce is a one stop shop I couldn’t live without it

What do you dislike?

The inability to change some of the formatting is sometimes frustrating when I’m looking to have a different set of criteria and I am not able to make those adjustments to meet my needs. Other than that I can’t think of anything that I don’t like about the product it’s easy to use

We are solving the ability to organize our clients meetings task and engagements all in one place so we all stay focused and on task. We have become a lot more organized weighs less time duplicating processes and have all of our information in one place.

"Solid Quote Tool"

What do you like best?

CPQ makes it easy to pick the products you need for the quote you are building and allows me to get quotes out more quickly and accurately. The configuration at the quote level allows me to easily manage opportunity values and provides the capability to easily send documents for signature when appropriate.

What do you dislike?

The issue we've run into is that not all quotes are the same and if you run into any sort of discounts/pricing incentives that you need to apply it can create some difficulties. From what I've found, CPQ operates well in an environment that has very stable pricing vs. a highly competitive market that has pricing fluctuations. YMMV

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a look and see if it fits your needs. My recommendation would be to check out how it fits to your business and if your products would fit well within CPQ (e.g. highly configurable vs. predictable pricing model, etc).

Cut down on the time and error associated with a manual quoting process. Cut down on the time by 90%.

Lauren M.

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

I been using sales force for about two months now I love that you can keep everything written down within the contact and set up callback dates for people to get business. Also to keep tack of your deals and goals of jobs per month.

What do you dislike?

I have been having issues with importing contacts in correct places . there are multiple contacts and accounts the same and i can figure out how to change it. i have been looking online and youtube videos to figure it out. so far the only thing i can come up with is to delete one contact and account at a time because it wont let me do it all at once, it's very frustrating

Recommendations to others considering the product:

definately make sure you import all contacts correctly before starting it is very stressfull having to delte one by one because of this issue. it says they will let you know if an account and contact is the same but its not letting me know at all. i have one account that says one thing and the other contact matching that says another. extreemly frustrating and stressfull. definately dont do what i did

the benifits i have seen using salesforce cpq is being able to keep all of my comments regarding the contact and account together also setting callback dates with accounts and contacts. knowing what happend in the last call and have all the email and phone numbers together

Mark B.

"Salsforce CPQ"

What do you like best?

The ability to process a quote quickly and efficiently helps my daily task proficiency increase

Straight forward to use, and intuitive.

Has reduced the number of steps needed when building and finalizing a quote.

Native workflow w/in salesforce.com opportunities - that is a pretty essential characteristic.

The ability to house multiple quotes that can be updated on the fly and integrate well with our pricing packages.

What do you dislike?

Calc and process time are slow, as is the case with many Salesforce native applications. If there are too many line items, you may see APEX errors.

The order form process can get very lengthy if you have several line items or need to account for year over year increases in per subscriber cost with separate line items for each year in a multi-year agreement.

If there are not multiple people eligible to approve a quote at a certain stage in the approval process, it can take a significant amount of time if that individual is away from their computer / mobile device.

Ability to update certain aspects of quote, even when it is in approval stage. while it is in the stages of being approved or even receiving an SOW or a service request, I'm not able to update the license name until the approval goes through.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

f you need to quote multiple product configurations across multiple subscription terms, things quickly become quite laborious

Enabling reps to produce complex price quotes that can span multiple product lines and (to an extent) simplify orders

Marco L.

"CPQ product at its best"

What do you like best?

The UX and UI are definitely a referral for each company that wants to develop a product in this segment. The ease of use and the low level of numebr of clicks or taps to reach the end of the offer is a plus, an added value that Sales Force has than the others.

What do you dislike?

Well, we need quite a lot of time to think about that. What I can say that could be improved a little more are the format and the shapes of the final contract sheets, but this is just a personal evaluation. Also, we did not have the necessity to contact Sales Force support service because we had a smooth demo experience in full autonomy. So, about this part of the service, we can't say anything relevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Surely Sales Force is the head of the CPQ softwares that each company in this sector should take in consideration to reach their business goal. It is a milestone in this business.

main benefits for my company is the standard definition of what can be defined ease of use. Sales Force is an outstanding product for UX and UI and our product should go on to follow this direction in order to enhance this part in which we have a big unexpressed potential. In the next steps our company will make steps in the Sales Force direction in order to properly enhance our product and perform decisive steps forward.

Felix M.

"Salesforce CPQ is the Industry Standard CPQ Application Across Industries"

What do you like best?

- Short learning curve

- Minimal Coding knowledge needed to administer the application

- Robust functionality in Product Configuration, Pricing, and Quote Document Generation

- 100% Force.com

- Elegant Data Model

- The core product continues to improve each year in terms of number of features

What do you dislike?

- Cost

- New releases can be buggy

- Customer Community Documentation can be significantly improved

Salesforce CPQ provides the perfect framework for making the Sales Process elegant for Unity Technologies. It provides all the capabilities the company needs to integrate with our proprietary invoice tool, and it is able to consistently meet business requirements.

The primary benefit has been improved efficiency in creating Quote Documents. Account Executives are able to be more productive because they don't have to draft Quotes themselves.

Salesforce CPQ has allowed Unity to create a two-way integration between internal use of Salesforce CRM and our Finance tools.

Jack P.

"Great tool to Automate the Quoting Process"

What do you like best?

The seamless integration with Salesforce and ability to leverage products and connect with opportunities makes CPQ a no-brainer.

What do you dislike?

CPQ is pushing out new versions very quickly and there are a lot of fixes that have to take place on the new versions. We were nearly 11 months behind in the version we were using, because we waited until the newer version was stable that we would not have issues with our configuration. We were on version 25 and targeted upgrading to version 27. It took about 6 months of patches to 27 so that it was at a point of stability, that we could upgrade. By the time we upgraded to 27, 28 had been released.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Steelbrick, now CPQ, is still a pretty new acquisition for Salesforce. As such, Steelbrick does not function, from a customer service stand point, to the high level that core Salesforce does. It will take some time for them to get there, but if you are currently a salesforce customer and adding CPQ, do not expect them to work as well as core Salesforce's customer service.

The consistency of quotes created and the oversight of the quoting process were issues that we had in the past. The method of how products are selected and a quote is populated based on the salesforce product database insures that we are quoting the product at the correct press, supplying the correct product specifications and current pricing, every time.

Matt G.

"Very solid native CPQ solution"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of flexibility available in the Salesforce CPQ tool. Everything from simple products to bundled multi-tier pricing products can be handled. The fact that it is 100% native also means that we can extend functionality by writing custom business logic using Apex/VF when necessary.

What do you dislike?

The CPQ screens can be slow to load. They have made improvements to performance over time, but the user experience is still slow compared to other screens within the SFDC system. I'd be hesitant to make a purchase if I had thousands of products with complex pricing structures. I'm not saying it won't work in those environments, but I'd certainly recommend that you put the CPQ through intense testing during your evaluation.

Also, moving data from one environment to another is insanely painful (vLookup after vLookup). This slows the deployment process and makes the tool much less agile than what I'd prefer. I know there are solutions like Moovr out there to address this issue, but those come at an additional cost which can be hard to justify since the benefit is primarily only recognized by the SFDC admin.

We needed a solution that would scale with our business as we grow and expand our product portfolio. We also needed something that would support a complex multi-tiered pricing structure with layered discount authority and approvals. CPQ has provided great value in this area.

Allison T.

"Insurance sales"

What do you like best?

there is so much information all navigated through salesforce, training it is a lot but i love how deep it can hold information and how easily it can be searched and trained to use

What do you dislike?

not user friendly in internet explorer, it is a lot of information and navigation to learn. It could be a little more informative on where you can find info

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time and browse into each tab, carrier, everything leads ot the information and requirements insurance has

Training and information is at your fingertips with the click, it lessens the need for paper, allows new users an easy way to access important information about each carrier.

Kiana B.

"Intuitive and effective!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to select and edit products within quotes, add customized notes, and calculate discounts. I love the "target price" button as well (I'm not a math person so auto-calculations for discounts are key!)!

What do you dislike?

There was a bug in chrome where you couldn't move line items around, but it's fixed now! Also, I wish you could duplicate a group to move it to another quote.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Salesforce CPQ is my favorite CPQ tool that I've used! 10/10 would recommend. :)

We are able to create quotes quickly and easily, "quick save" changes so that edits are not deleted, and customize quotes.

Richard W.

"Great CPQ too for the modern market"

What do you like best?

I love being able to quickly and easily built complex product bundles. Features and Product Options are very intuitive and easy to use with very minimal technical skills required. I'm often able to control access to products using nested bundles rather than having to build complex Product or Price Rules.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better/easier method for creating guided selling questions to be used in quoting. My organization locks down general setup access to be lockstep with a release cycle which makes the already complicated process of creating new custom fields even more complicated. It often takes weeks or months of planning just to add a simple "guided selling" question with selection base Product Rules..

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anyone following the industry knows that Salesforce is one of the leading CRM and CPQ providers, Salesforce has great support and a lot of very talented individuals working for them. My only disappointment was that I expected more in terms of "intelligent quoting", being able to ask guided selling questions easily, being able to build rules based off of our install base. Basic configurations work like a charm!

One location to access all of our commercial tools and data. Navigation is quick and easy, the UI is clean and modern. So many opportunities to customize, improve, and grow. We're beginning to see the benefits of having all of our products in CPQ and have a better, more consistent vision of our entire portfolio and what our install base looks like.

Scott P.

"Using CPQ for our Quotes and still adding features for our staff"

What do you like best?

Very flexible product. We are able to use out of the box features but also include our own customizations as we normally do with any Salesforce features. We can extend CPQ to work the way we need.

What do you dislike?

Finding information about how CPQ works out of the box is not easy. If I have an issue with Salesforce, a quick Google search will find articles where others have dealt with the issue. But with CPQ, the community is much smaller so finding those answers takes a good deal more time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's a steep learning curve for implementing CPQ so we worked with a Steelbrick partner that helped us through some of the initial setup and questions about which direction we should be going with certain features but it was pretty expensive. Once we've been using it for a while, we're able to do more but initially we found the product is not very intuitive to use.

We needed to reduce the amount of time our sales reps spend creating quotes for our customers. We've been able to increase their productivity and ensure the quotes and contracts generated are consistent and branded properly

Learn more about Salesforce CPQ

Salesforce CPQ Videos

Learning about Salesforce CPQ?

* We monitor all Salesforce CPQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.