Salary.com

Salary.com

Salary.com is the leading SaaS provider of cloud-based compensation market data and analytics. Salary.com delivers continually updated, reliable market pay data and career content to hundreds of thousands of consumers each year. The company is committed to helping organizations drive company success by aligning compensation practices with recruiting, performance, and development initiatives through easy-to-access data and meaningful insights.

Work for Salary.com?

Learning about Salary.com?

Salary.com Reviews

Ask Salary.com a Question
Showing 34 Salary.com reviews
Salary.com review by Marcelo L.
Marcelo L.

"Global Compensation using CompAnalyst too in a daily basis"

What do you like best?

Comp Analyst Account Manager makes the difference, understanding my/company needs and translating to the respective Technical team to improve my / company experience and also have a year over year improvement according to the challenges we face. Also It is easy to see market data in the different countries we operate and do comparisons to take strong decisions for all compensation team (Local / Regional / Global / Consultants)

What do you dislike?

Currently we have a manual process to upload company data to CompAnalyst. It is a easy procees but I would like to have CompAnalyst creating a partnership with HR ERPs (such as Workday, SAP, PeopleSoft,... ) , getting the data direct from their cloud thru interfaces. Also, I would like to use CompAnalyst to do survey submissions, using all information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salary.Com bring us a great valeu, helping our decisions with a very easy way to see market data

Salary.Com is the tool we choosed to help the compensation team in all regions to build salary structures, aligned to market data and also it helps (with exponencial curves) to create internal equity thru smooth progressions between the grades we have. Today we use in daily basis to support company compensation decisions such as, promotions, merits, country budgets analysis, among others. Last but not least, it help to have a standart procees around the globe using the corporate methodology - for example: same standarts on salary range spread by grade level.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Salary.com
Salary.com review by Laura W.
Laura W.

"Salary.com - User Friendly!"

What do you like best?

I love the job levels on Salary.com. It is easy to determine jr, sr, manager, director, etc levels! The previous system we used you had to adjust the experience level manually to get the right job match and it was really tough! I like that I can easily see entry, intermediate and senior levels.

What do you dislike?

I had a hard time finding where my saved reports were. That is so far my only complaint after using the system for 6 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My first thought about Salary.com was that it was crowdsourced from employees. i did not realize there was a paid site for employers to upload survey data.

We are working on a brand new pay structure for our company. Our first step will be those who are paid below the market rate in order to minimize turnover.

What Compensation Management solution do you use?

Salary.com review by Elaine F.
Elaine F.

"Director, Total Rewards"

What do you like best?

Salary.com offers a very user friendly easy to follow navigation to retrieve compensation data on a timely basis. Intuitive and designed well to provide data that is simply to read, interpret and report on.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more Canadian data and perhaps more in the Propane distribution market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try running various types of reports and searches and review job descriptions, apply filters to see how the data changes and reacts to geography, markets and revenue. Navigate through the entire software to learn more about the features that have not yet been used.

We are solving salary structure review, competitive market pricing of jobs in conjunction with job evaluation. Benefits include quick validations, turnaround for our clients.

Salary.com review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Great system & excited for enterprise"

What do you like best?

Simple and clean search tools to show the market data for any job any where. I like that this is similar to our current set up and helps make a clean transition between their data to our manager documents.

What do you dislike?

They have a lot of jobs but I wish we could submit or request for more jobs that they may not have that we need in the legal environment. I wish the price was better since there are options out there at a lower price just not as high quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very credible and easy to work with team. The data is spot on and I am excited to implement enterprise.

Problems are a few specific legal jobs that are more based on years of experience than anything else but they otherwise handle all jobs that we are looking for. We are in the process of getting the enterprise tool and we're excited to do more with CompAnalyst.

Salary.com review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"Great tool and experience"

What do you like best?

CompAnalyst is a an ideal tool for reviewing compensation for a wide variety of positions and job families. It provides details for comparison on the job requirements and expected experience to help ensure you have a good match. It also allows you to match your internal jobs to market jobs for trending and easy comparison.

What do you dislike?

It isn't a single survey so the comparison to market doesn't include the sources, number of companies or incumbents at times. This can be a concern if the market data isn't aligning with other sources.

It has helped us align job levels in our organization as well as ensure pay is competitive. We also have utilized the geographic cuts to help understand differences as well. It has helped us ensure our base and incentive pay is competitive with market as well as our job structure / hierarchy for job families is consistent with market as well.

Salary.com review by Rosalie S.
Rosalie S.

"Current Market compensation data at my fingertips!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can drill down to the specific industry, job family, and job title to search for current salary data either in my specific metro city or nationwide. I like that there are 40 job families within my scope (which makes it much easier to find relevant salary data for my organizations's specific industry.)

What do you dislike?

It's not necessarily Salary.com's "fault", but some of our job titles are "unique" for the healthcare industry, so I'm unable to find "similar" type job descriptions and salary ranges to create a hybrid position to be able to find salary data. Perhaps adding additional "common" jobs to the Jobs list would help with this issue? For example, we have Patient Care Coordinators (who are basically Front Office Representatives), but I wasn't able to find a Front Office job within Salary.com to pull market salary data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have "unique" job titles for your industry, ensure that you are asking your Salary.com Sales representative for specific information for those job titles, or asking for recommendations on how to best pull the salary data that you need.

By having a subscription to Salary.com, as the HR Manager of our organization, I'm able to pull current salary data and ensure that our organization is paying appropriately within the market. As a result, I am more confident that we are competitive when trying to hire for new positions and feel more confident when employees question their pay and I can provide them with salary data information that demonstrates they are well within the appropriate range for their position, experience, education, etc. The other benefit for me is that I am now able to create salary grades for every position within my organization and create salary ranges for my departments. Salary.com has been a huge resource for our organization!

Salary.com review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"It just works. I need it to work and it does. "

What do you like best?

It gives me the perfect balance of enough information that I can make informed decisions without going so deep that I get bogged down in the minutia.

What do you dislike?

They don't have some of the customizable profile settings that would make using the site a little easier. for example, I would like the ability to set my profile to review hourly rates only. I can still get that information painlessly enough but it's another setting I have to remind myself to click on every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use and as far as I know, it's the standard that everyone uses. (I know the US Government uses it)

I could find the information I'm looking for elsewhere but when I use Salary.com, it provides consistent information across the board. (I find it less prone to individual or regional bias)

Salary.com review by User

"User Friendly Benchmarking Data with Breadth and Depth"

What do you like best?

The breadth of titles and scopes that can be selected. In addition, the job matching function that is saved enables me to run my reports at any time without having to re-match positions to the salary.com data. We utilize the ability to give a % adjustment to salary.com match when the descriptions are not a perfect match.

What do you dislike?

Navigating the exported reports can be cumbersome with so much data on one sheet. Some of our company positions are not able to be matched within the salary.com data set (i.e. orbital analysts). I know the Comp Analyst can do more than I'm utilizing, I hope to get training on understanding the full capability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a demo, it will be worth your time!

We have become more efficient and defensible in our compensation proposals to our Board of Directors.

Salary.com review by Steve L.
Steve L.

"Works very well (but not perfectly) for our needs"

What do you like best?

Is easy to use. Also like their new Customer Advisory Team, where they are listening to their users, and making changes based on our requests

What do you dislike?

Doesn't include all roles in our (Mortgage) Industry, but - have seen improvements

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully compare to other similar products. Others may "offer" more, but I have found they are incredibly had to implement and not worth the effort and cost. This tool works well for our needs, and has for 2+ years.

able to realistically develop compensation ranges and truly know how we compare to competitors.

Salary.com review by Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.

"very user friendly and lots of data"

What do you like best?

I can quickly and easily find market data within my scope for jobs that are a close match to mine. I can also create hybrid jobs and look at job families. I also like the capsule job descriptions.

What do you dislike?

There are some job categories missing such as underwriting, reinsurance, loss control/prevention roles in the property and casualty insurance sector.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check list of jobs covered before purchasing to ensure it covers jobs in your organization.

We want to ensure our pay is market competitive so that we can attract and retain skilled employees.

Salary.com review by Len S.
Len S.

"HR Manager"

What do you like best?

Salary.com allows you to source salary and other information real time. Geographically and Industry specific and relevant to similar companies to our own. The system is user friendly and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t found anything Indont like about the site or product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it’s the right system for your needs.

We review our current salary structure and ranges against the market data to attract and retain great candidates/employees.

We are able to maintain the integrity of our structure adjust or make changes quickly and easily.

Salary.com review by Bobby Q.
Bobby Q.

"Incredibly Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Salary.com makes it easy to find competitive salaries in any area of the country that we are interested in.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that I have found lacking about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, and it has helped us easily determine competitive salaries across the country.

We are expanding as an organization, adding new positions in different areas of the country. Salary.com is helping us be competitive in those areas.

Salary.com review by User

"Salary.com for market data review organization"

What do you like best?

We use the CompAnalyst tool from Salary.com. This tool allow us to aggregate our market data and connect with our company job/positions. We can monitor the movement of market year to year and easily source data connecting to new positions in our organization.

What do you dislike?

I would like an easier way to port the data out into a more usable Tableau type interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at everything out there and ensure that the features they have are what you would need. Also ensure that you are looking at their road map. different products are in much different stages of development.

It has eased the storage and retrieval of market information.

Salary.com review by John W.
John W.

"Current and "

What do you like best?

We have been using Salary.com's CompAnalyst for four years. The platform is user friendly and easily customized. We are able to respond to requests quickly.

What do you dislike?

Uploading current data can be cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The company is very easy to work with and understands State budgeting/procurement processes.

We use Salary.com for "on the fly" job pricing. We feel like the data is accurate and relevant.

Salary.com review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"A Solid Comp Management Choice"

What do you like best?

Frequently updated data, many options, great customer service

What do you dislike?

Some of the UI changes are suboptimal, but the added options to disable/streamline default interface. My real only gripe is that when other users (I'm the Admin) create lists/scopes/etc., I am unable to edit. Global component management for admins would be a big plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our current business needs don't necessitate the full suite of capabilities, but they exist, and it's well worth a look!

This toolset has allowed us to systematize long-internal processes, as well as incorporate our affiliates.

Salary.com review by Consultant in Human Resources
Consultant in Human Resources

"An Excellent tool for my business"

What do you like best?

The Salary.com tool developed for salary analysis is very comprehensive and flexible. I found it to be an accurate and reliable resource for providing my clients with solid useful salary information with which to develop their salary plans and compensation structure.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see an even more comprehensive set of data related to the non-profit market. Thisd includes more job titles and narrower budget scopes

I use Salary.com to develop salary plans and pay increase recommendations for my clients

Salary.com review by User

"Salary.com has been a great tool for our team of Recruiters."

What do you like best?

It has helped us educate our clients and hiring managers on what the market and other competitors are paying their highly skilled talent.

What do you dislike?

It's a little difficult to read/ review the salary data for base salary and TCC.

We are helping to educate our clients on what they need to pay for top candidates in the hiring process and also help them understand that they might have to hire at a lower level if their budget isn't flexible.

Salary.com review by Administrator

"Great product for pricing"

What do you like best?

All survey data sources in one spot, suggested matches, eases survey participation and annual pricing refresh process

What do you dislike?

Some opportunities in the reporting module, as well as needing additional options for security for those outside the comp team

We have achieved significant time savings in our annual process by using the survey participation tool. It's also very beneficial for us to be able to view all surveys in one place and use the features to determine the best matches.

Salary.com review by User in Financial Services

"Recruiting Specialist"

What do you like best?

I love the format of the reports. When presenting the data to hiring managers, it clear-cut and easy to format.

What do you dislike?

Though our company is part of Financial Services, there are few industry specific roles that match what we need. Securities & Commodities are not well represented.

Salary.com has allowed us to set better salary ranges for our organization. The data has helped locate salary discrepancies that have resulted in equity adjustments.

Salary.com review by Sharon S.
Sharon S.

"Compensation research"

What do you like best?

the keyword searching when entering a title in for price comparison, The descriptions provided, these assists in validating the provided descriptions for our positions,

What do you dislike?

The pricing seems inflated with role and our company had to create a process to better align with other higher education institutions.

Redesign of the compensation philosophy, program and structure. Support for non-industry specific position pricing.

Salary.com review by Administrator

"CompAnalyst: A Comprehensive Compensation Tool"

What do you like best?

I love being able to load all of our organization's salary surveys into the tool and easily create custom market composites for all of our jobs in CompAnalyst.

What do you dislike?

CompAnalyst is slowly being updated to have the look and feel over a modern compensation platform.

Salary.com's CompAnalyst compensation management tool has allowed us to streamline our market pricing processes in order to spend more time doing strategic analysis. The salary structure modeling tool has also allowed us to model new structures using the market data we have attached to our market composites.

Salary.com review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Easy navigation, moderate learning curve, helpful support"

What do you like best?

The support I am given and the customizations that can be put in place to better support the structure of my data.

What do you dislike?

Interaction with the visual analytics report and the fact that I can not export to a macro enables excel.

Organization and summary of survey data from multiple sources.

Salary.com review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Good and Improving"

What do you like best?

The interface has greatly improved over previous versions. Can also get a real person on the line to assist with difficult positions.

What do you dislike?

The print feature needs some work. It always requires an export to PDF

Has a broad database that helps us determine the correct pay for positions.

Salary.com review by Administrator

"Great compilation of many surveys"

What do you like best?

I most like that they get so many of the other surveys and combine them together. This allows me to do salary research in one program rather than many.

What do you dislike?

Our company had some odd jobs, and it was hard to find those jobs in the system.

I use CompAnalyst to do market research to see where new hires should be, and if I need to make any adjustments to get other employees to market rates. The benefit is that I can use this one aggregate source and not have to purchase multiple surveys.

Salary.com review by Administrator

"CompAnalyst has completely streamlined our market pricing process"

What do you like best?

Ease of management of survey data and market pricing data. We have been able to go from only reviewing rates of a fraction of our organization annually to reviewing all rates annually.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about the system - it is extremely easy to use and any problems we have had have been immediately resolved by our account representatives.

Competitive market pricing - ensuring that we are paying our employees competitive salaries

Salary.com review by Consultant

"Salary.com review"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive data base; ease of use; multiple data "cuts" possible; solid inventory of benchmark positions.

What do you dislike?

Limited industry selections. For example, under tax-exempt it merges tax-exempt with gov't etc. I would not expect to compare gov't to colleges/university or human service organizations, etc.

No break out of research or retail; distribution; wholesale firms, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great additional data source

Helping clients to answer the question of what is market fair value.

Salary.com review by Brett H.
Brett H.

"Good for reviewing paycheck and taxes"

What do you like best?

I used this mostly for calculating out salary monthly bi monthly amounts and position pay

What do you dislike?

I felt like the stats were sometimes out of date

Just looking for pay scales

Salary.com review by Hikari K.
Hikari K.

"Pay scale by area and title"

What do you like best?

pay data by area is useful for creating pay scale by branch

What do you dislike?

I can't find the exact position, so take the closest description.

creating a new pay scale from scratch.

Salary.com review by User

"Salary.com is super helpful when looking for a job and wanting to see what the average pay is."

What do you like best?

I like how i can input information to see how much I am worth and what jobs are out there within the salary amount that i am looking for.

What do you dislike?

there really isnt anything that i dislike about this website, its very helpful!

This site allows for growth within the company and adds a layer of credibility.

Salary.com review by User

"CompAnalyst helped us get on track with compensation across our organization."

What do you like best?

User friendly, geographic comp information, new computer job descriptions, ability to build a hybrid

What do you dislike?

We need compensation information for GIS Technicians that is not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product for the price.

It gives managers solid market compensation information that our managers can't dispute and provides a strong foundation for our company compensation program.

Salary.com review by User

"Fairly accurate, and a great starting point for job searching."

What do you like best?

It's nice to know a range for similar jobs to make the negotiation process easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could drill down a bit further to really see what I should be asking for

I have used it in the past to determine if a job offer was competitive.

Salary.com review by User

"Great Website for Salary Insights"

What do you like best?

The possibility to compare job and income

What do you dislike?

the upgrade costs money and doersn't have much more data then the free version

Recommendations to others considering the product

its all good, I think besides the price there isn't much too change

To get insights into my salary

Salary.com review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Easy to use and covers the ranges I need"

What do you like best?

We have locations throughout the US and salary.com is able to give me the most current information to make best business decisions regarding comp.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations to our front line employees

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use

Learning more about compensation

"Great tool !"

What do you like best?

That is user friendly most of all, also the transparency.

What do you dislike?

I did not find anything that I disliked.

it's a good reference point

Learning about Salary.com?

* We monitor all Salary.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.