RSA SecurID® Access Reviews & Product Details

What is RSA SecurID® Access?

Ensure users have convenient, secure access—from any device, anywhere—to the applications they need, whether in the cloud or on-premises. RSA SecurID Access is an enterprise-grade multi-factor authentication and access management solution that lets organizations consistently and centrally enforce dynamic risk-driven access policies aimed at providing continuous, seamless authentication. It protects all of your resources with a wide range of authentication methods, including push notification, biometrics, OTP, SMS, and traditional hardware and software tokens.

RSA SecurID® Access Screenshots

RSA SecurID® Access Reviews

1-50 of 54 total RSA SecurID® Access reviews
UE

"Secure & Convenient "

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of having the ability to download an app and access an RSA code at any time. I am allowed to work remotely on occasion and we're given the option to either given the option to have an RSA token key chain or download the app. I would prefer to have one less thing to carry so I opted for the app. In doing that I have no issues access our VPN from anywhere I am, coffee shop, my own home, etc. the dashboard has a pretty simple interface and is easy to use, allows you to request a new code if needed.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I really do not have anything negative to say about the app, I think it's purpose is served well being that we need as much security as possible with the type of sensitive information that we deal with at my workplace.

We need the security, we need to be assured that we do not have to worry about where we access our company database at anytime/anywhere and using this app/software solves that problem. I can access and do my work feeling assured that I don't have to worry about the security of the information I have access to.

Product Manager
Financial Services
(10,001+ employees)

"Most Reliable Access System I've Ever Used"

What do you like best?

Honestly, I've used tons of systems in my day trying to remote into my work computer, and usually they all lose connection eventually. RSA hasn't lost any connection and it's very quick to login to my computer.

What do you dislike?

The set-up wasn't the most intuitive as I had to go through my company and reset the password a couple of times, but once everything was up and running there is really nothing that I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

RSA is best used when you have some sort of walkthrough guide. I had one supplied to me through my company and it really helped, especially with the set-up. We use it in connection with Cisco and I would have to say the level of security and the ease of access is amazing!

Remote access into my work computer, especially on snow days and those days where we might have lost power to our home office.

(10,001+ employees)

"RSA SecurID - Convenience and Security"

What do you like best?

I like that the RSA SecurID has a soft token implementation which sits as an application right on my laptop. I could also have a hard token that is physical that I keep on me, or I can have another soft token that is on my phone. However, I keep it on my laptop because it's already there once I turn it on and I open the application, it just simply works and pops up with another number for me to connect to Cisco Any Connect. It generates numbers quickly and it also lets you click a "copy" button to save you even more time.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike here. The application itself is super simple!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make this move today, it is super convenient and simple to use

I am able to log onto my VPN to access my company's systems.

"Works Great, Initial Set Up Was The Challenge"

What do you like best?

This program easily lets me access my State network from a non-State laptop. I am able to easily enter important data in real time instead of having to wait and use my computer in my office.

What do you dislike?

The initial set up was very confusing. I had to actually have IT come and help me set it up.

RSA is letting me essentially use a split screen system on my laptop. I am able to bring a portable laptop around, type in my four digit pin and in seconds I am connected to my companies network where I can enter my clients data.

(10,001+ employees)

"Easy way to securely connect!"

What do you like best?

Prior to using this, we had to have a key fob that would connect our laptop with the secure network. It was such a hassle to have the fob connected and to make sure you had it with you at all times.

This is so much easier! Generating random codes every few seconds on your home screen is a piece of cake! I am so thankful for it! I don't have to remember that darned fob any more!

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about this sign on system.

It provides an easier way than we previously used. Not having to have a job with us at all times has made this a definite winner in my book!

"Great to access corporate network when working from home"

What do you like best?

Rsa SecureID access has easied my life and enabled to work from home and still able to connect to a secure corporate network and get my work done. Earlier client i was working years back did not have secure id access so i had to go to work with long commute once they setup vpn and provided us rsa token it smooth. Best thing you can prefer either hard or physical token or soft token app installed on your phone which gets the work done.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i disliked about it. I worked pretty much well never faced any issue. Even when enterted token right before expiry it use to take it and let me connect.

Connecting to vpn to access secure network.

"Once properlly installed, RSA is a reliable method to enable remote access."

What do you like best?

When administered properly, the RSA token always works to enable remote access. There are no lag periods or failed attempts.

What do you dislike?

The RSA token updates every 60 seconds so if you are a slow typer you can input the wrong one and then it expires so it won't work and you have to start the process all over again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Write down your token if you are using remote access on a mobile device to ensure that the token will be accurate and inputted in a timely manner. Make sure your RSA SecurID Access is set up and installed properly with you tech department prior to first intended use.

The best benefit that RSA provides is the ability for employees to work remotely easily. Setup is nonexistent after the installation and employees can log on in less than a minute.

Associate System Administrator

"Easy and secure! "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to manage SecurID. Issuing new tokens, revoking tokens, and reassigning tokens is very quick and effortless. The software tokens are easy for users to understand and operate. Active Directory integration is very nice and it integrates well with our Juniper VPN solution.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the tokens go out of sync and they have to be removed and a new token assigned and distributed to the user. The process of assigning tokens to a user for mobile device use is very complex and should be simplified so that it doesn't take quite so long and there isn't a a big learning curve.

SecurID allows us to increase our security by utilizing dual factor authentication with software tokens that are available on a variety of devices and platforms.

Analyst
Government Administration

"Seamlessly Integrates Into Common Applications"

What do you like best?

My company uses RSA SecureID and the associated USB token as a security measure for several customized web applications. As currently implemented, logging onto a system with a PIN plus the digits on the token is a seamless process that is easy to complete. More so, when logging onto hardware, the only step needed is to plug in the token - it couldn't be easier. I appreciate the additional layer of security that a randomly-generated token provides. I have also never experienced any problems with a malfunctioning login or token, security lockouts, or other problems that are somewhat common with two-factor authentication.

What do you dislike?

The hardware token is sometimes difficult to read, depending on the lighting of the room. The screen is not visible from certain angles, which can make it slightly more time consuming to use, as the user has to move the token around to catch the light source hitting the screen at just the right way. The software itself has been incredibly easy to learn and use, as an end-user.

My employer uses RSA SecureID as a two-factor authentication solution, in addition to standard passwords and other security protocols. It has been implemented throughout the organization as a login mechanism for both laptop computers and other hardware, and customized web applications. We have received the benefits of increased security for our networks from this software and hardware token implementation.

UA

"The authentification service provides good security for the firm I work for"

What do you like best?

I like how I can enter a pin instead of my password when I log back in after locking my computer.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it requires me to have my phone- I wish there was a way to authenticate in case I forgot my phone at home or can't access it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is a good product if you are having security issues or want to avoid issues

We are solving the problem of invasive hacking and security issues. We have realized benefits including better, more secure technology.

UR
(10,001+ employees)

"Gets the job done. If you ever finish the setup process."

What do you like best?

We use it for 2 factor authentication and supporting BYOD. These problems are hard for any enterprise to solve, especially when developers are always looking to act cool by playing some mischief and breaking these "secure" systems. But this software has stood the test of time in my team. There was a learning curve because this software integrates with VPN clients too, but surprisingly most people are now using it comfortably.

What do you dislike?

It took a long time to set it up. Especially on Macbook. I guess it might have been our enterprise deployment team's fault too. But everyone complained when we first set it up. Their app sucks, crashing even when it has a single screen. If you have poor network, dont even try.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Some help/support tutorial would be great, if offered by SecurID guys. The teams should be educated over the benefits, otherwise we just get frustrated. Do discuss support of Mac ecosystem beforehand.

There were some major hacks around 2015 when we had an enterprise wide push to go for 2 factor authentication for logging into enterprise network. This software was presented as a solution, and it has prevented any such attacks since then. So I am guessing it has done it's job well.

"Excellent Control and Protection"

What do you like best?

This program is great to keep tabs on users and for extensive security options within a company. Each user can have access if necessary, and this is a way for those users to access the network remotely. It is a wonderful added layer of protection against hackers and threats.

What do you dislike?

It can be kind of confusing for a user to understand how to gain access. You need a very thorough tutorial. Sometimes gaining access just doesn't work properly and depending upon the way each user uses the program with their equipment, there can be confusion and technical issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that training on the use is thorough as it can be difficult for users to gain access

This is used as a way to control threats and prevent unauthorized access to a network.

Medicaid Enrollment Representative
Hospital & Health Care

"RSA Token"

What do you like best?

Its small and easy to carry nothing not to like

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when i just miss the code it makes me generate a new one and makes the process a bit lengthy

VPN security and privacy

"RSA Secure ID"

What do you like best?

SOOO easy to work from home or remotely from anywhere. I have had no issues with security breeches either.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of. Have not had an issues with the product since I started using it 3 years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is useful and easy to use!

Secure working from outside my home office. This program ensure secure access to my companies secure systems.

UW

"Easy and quick way to authenticate and access the network"

What do you like best?

What I like best about this software is how quick it is to get an authentication code. It easily installed on top my cell phone and and it takes me less that 15 seconds to get an authentication code to connect to the network.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is difficult to use about RSA is that sometimes the user can not update the app for security reasons. There have been a number of time I have had to have the IT department help me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No additional recommendation.

This software allows employees to work remote from a network other than the secured company network.

US

"RSA SecurID review"

What do you like best?

This is the best option for a secure connection into the work network. I really like the SecurID token generator and use it most of the time to log onto my secure network. I also love using the softscan in conjunction with the mobile app. Since I have the app on my phone, I can use it to generate security tokens in case I dont have the SecurID token generator on me.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that the tokens generated by the mobile app sometimes does not work and causes some frustration to get into the network

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a wonderful product for midsize to large companies. However I feel that the cost of deployment for a startup seems too high

This is a very integral business problem that is being solved. Most of the time, employees of companies are targets to hacking and data breaches. By giving remote access to the company's firewall, the employee feels so much more at ease to login remotely and do his/her work.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"The flawless security option"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this tool is the zero errors / limitations / end user issues.

I have been using this for more than 8 years with physical and software versions and have never faced any single issue with this.

Ease of use, simplicity are some of the best features.

What do you dislike?

The size of physical device can be made more compact.

Other than this, I cannot find any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I guess this is the industry leading security tool and gateway.

there is no other tool close to this which solves the purpose.

The security gateway to the company VPN. This allows to access the network from virtually everywhere.

people can work from home, while on move etc.

Executive Assistant

"RSA Review"

What do you like best?

I've been using RSA secure message to connect and work from home for the last five years. I've never had a problem using this platform.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing dislike about this platform.

I use RSA ti connect to work when I an working home.

Technology Leader Ecommerce, Business Intelligence, & SharePoint
Hospitality
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Used for server / AD login"

What do you like best?

security and ease of use once installed. Multiple ways of using tokens

What do you dislike?

have to login multiple times on the same box, once with RSA ID and than with the AD UID

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make it more mobile friendly

Securing server access and resource from an unauthorized access

(10,001+ employees)

"Very simple but reliable application"

What do you like best?

it starts in no time, very light in the memory and very much reliable to use with VPN service.

What do you dislike?

i havent found anything that i dislike, it does what it is supposed to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i dont have any complaints on the app so far and it servers all the purpose for me as an end user. So if the application meets your policy and requirement then i would suggest to use it.

it is financial firm and RSA token helps to connect using remove machines and very much portable

UF

"RSA usage"

What do you like best?

It is practical and easy to use. The design is simple.

What do you dislike?

A lot of times, even before the time runs out, the code expires so I always need to be sure that I enter the code when there's at least still half of the time running.

Securing my connection to sensitive information

"Life is sooo much easier with this."

What do you like best?

Ease of connecting to the VPN without having to call helpdesk and wait on hold.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The security token works, and I can easily get it from my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it.

Ensuring connections are authorized, yet easy to access.

Below. Awesome that you're asking for a screenshot of an app that doesn't allow screenshots after you log in. I attached a non-logged in screenshot.

Unit Supervisor
Higher Education
(10,001+ employees)

"So much easier to find than that hard fob"

What do you like best?

I never lose my fob anymore. (Well, unless I lose my phone....)

What do you dislike?

I have to contact admin every time I get a new phone to reinstall it.

Working from home - I’m able to get on our secure network in minutes.

"Easy to use security device"

What do you like best?

Simple to use security solution that provides a more secure method of accessing sensitive data.

What do you dislike?

That I am unsure of the scope and full impact of the data breach that occurred at RSA 2 years ago. It leaves me questioning my overall security.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Everyone should do their own Due Diligence in testing the security of the device, but I believe it's a very good solution.

We deal with very sensitive data, both ours and customers. Enabling customers to use the SecurID device makes it much easier to convert potentials into real customers.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Ease to use. I don't have to carry the physical token anymore. Just copy and paste.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it needs to be replaced every few years, which is a hassle. I sometimes messed it up and could not get it to work for a few days. There is some strange password requirement, for example, password cannot start with number 1.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ready to be amazed how easy it is to make it work.

Secure remote access to company environment.

"Basic RSA User"

What do you like best?

RSA SecureID was very easy to use and is very secure. The desktop tool was easy and handy whenever I needed to login.

What do you dislike?

Only thing i dont dislike is how when you first generate a key, sometimes that key has only a couple of seconds left before it expires due to the natural setup of the system. No fault of RSA SecureID

We use this for an extra layer of security in our applications.

Vice President, Client Administrative Manager - Raymond James Financial Services
Financial Services

"SecureID"

What do you like best?

Ease of use because it is right on my phone

What do you dislike?

Having to change the password periodically. It requires a process

Securely logging into our database of client information. Can use it from home or the office. Allows for remote access anywhere

"RSA from IT"

What do you like best?

It seamlessly works with my Cisco AnyConnect to allow remote access from home.

What do you dislike?

The PIN typically expires very fast, so if you don't copy it quick enough, you have to wait for another refresh.

I'm solving connectivity issues by being able to remotely login to our company's extranet to view personal documents.

UW
(10,001+ employees)

"Quick way to securely access my companies VPN"

What do you like best?

Its quick

It feels secure

The key is easy to put on a keychain.

gives me an indication of when the code is going to expire

What do you dislike?

Need to wait till code changes if the code is close to expiration

Key is easy to lose

Key needs battery to run and is not easily replaced

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider having a virtual portal for RSA iD and rechargeable key fobs

Im connect to companies vpn using myu RSA Secure ID.

CI

"SecurID End User"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to use, and setup. The app is incredibly helpful.

What do you dislike?

Instructions can be unclear for novice IT users who have to use SecurID to access their networks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Friendlier UI

Provides secured access to networks for healthcare administration. Not easy to setup again when using a new device.

"Very Good Personal Token ID"

What do you like best?

Ease of us. Sits right on my computer to use as needed. The security of knowing who owns it on the PC.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this point. Its works exactly like I need it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None. Works as is.

Knowing that the person, who is logging into our network over VPN, is the person tied to that computer. Speed of use.

AI

"Solid"

What do you like best?

RSA 8.1 Authentication manager is solid compared to its previous versions. The Console and dashboard is very easy to manage and the actual OTP tokens lasts easily 3-4 years. It simply works without issues. RSA brings advanced features such as the OnDemand and Risk Based Authentication with the latest version, providing step-up authentication based on context and risk. Simple integration with any OS.

What do you dislike?

It's an expensive product, users don't like carrying the token and prefer soft tokens (which is also supported by RSA). Waiting for new wearable solutions and better support for mobile devices (supposedly coming 2015.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a solid product, though with the upcoming cloud solutions you might find similar and cheaper solutions available.

Secure 2 factor authentication

IT Account Manager
Oil & Energy

"RSA"

What do you like best?

It is one platform can meet all the requirements

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it is a little bit difficult to connect to Azure

N/A

VP, Enterprise Data,Integration and CRM
Information Services

"Good product but not sure if they have kept up with innovation"

What do you like best?

one of the pioneers in multi factor authentication

What do you dislike?

not innovative enough and have not kept up

seamless login