Rollbar Reviews & Product Details

Rollbar Overview

What is Rollbar?

The continuous code improvement platform. Proactively discover, predict, and remediate errors with real-time AI-assisted workflows.

Rollbar Details

Full-stack error monitoring for web & mobile apps. JS, Ruby, Python, PHP, Node, Golang, Android, iOS, more.

Rollbar is the leading continuous code improvement platform that proactively discovers, predicts, and remediates errors with real-time AI-assisted workflows. With Rollbar, developers continually improve their code and constantly innovate rather than spending time monitoring, investigating, and debugging.

Rollbar
2012
San Francisco, CA
@rollbar

Rollbar Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Rollbar community
Have you used Rollbar before?

Rollbar Reviews

Showing 21 Rollbar reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Rollbar?
What do you like best?

It is a versatile and practical tool, which allows you to stabilize the integration and management of applications that are used by the entire team. Its notifications and alerts are very useful to manage since they all arrive in real time. Achieving stabilize and treat any incident. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the groupings offered by the tool are a little complex to handle and to understand what would be an ideal way to handle it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integration of tools in a very agile way to manage, managing the entire process of alerts and notifications if there is an incident with any application the alerts will arrive in real time, managing the incident in a short period of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of importing the rollbar python module makes converting custom error handling and exception handling to notify the Rollbar UI is very easy. The demo required 2 lines to add, and just replacing existing exception handlers was as easy running a search and replace.

The Live Dashboard on the front page is very useful to see if there is an active issue, although having a more granular information on the particular issue (which app/which user/which Ip) on the dashboard would be preferred.

The backtrace information for python was convenient , but it would be nice to also have meta information about the state of the system (current memory usage of app, active threads etc.) or have some post exception hook to auto populate company specific meta-data (i.e. in a microservice system, the state of other microservices or how far into the pipeline the exception occured).

The RQL Shell was something new I hadn't seen before, it seems promising, but would need more data from an evaluation to really know.

The User API was very straightforward, which in all honestly is what would be most likely the selling point to the app, as most of the time we would want to create a custom dashboard/application to view this data, and integrate with existing internal apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As an embedded system developer, I was interested in perhaps having issue tracker that can be integrated easily with C/C++ or even some static library/app that can be compiled and linked in.

It would be great if the same ease of exception handling could be integrated into a C/C++ framework, but it seems like the only route here is to use the "Other" route, requiring a bit more manual work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The evaluation was to perform a comparison with existing software tracking like Sentry. The out of the box feature set appears richer than the currently used Sentry feature set, and could be interesting to possibly integrate in parallel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Roll we does a great job of grouping errors so they are not overwhelming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Rollbar stack traces are sometimes difficult to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use rollbar to quickly identify errors via slack integrations. Any types of runtime errors. We also use rollbar to diagnose errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Set up was easy - plugins and ample documentation was available for the platforms I'm using (Rails, Node). The Slack integration is also highly configurable which help me to increase the visibility of truly urgent issues. Stack traces linking back to GitHub also makes debugging much faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While error grouping has improved, I still do have to manually group items occasionally. It can also be confusing to know what filters are applied in the Rollbar UI - I've accidentally reviewed items that had already been resolved more than once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rollbar keeps me up to date on any issues I'm having in production and helps me to triage the most urgent ones. The Rails plugin in particular is typically able to capture more than an enough information to identify issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Technology Officer
What do you like best?

The ability to see all our applications and services reported across an easy-to-use dashboard is critical to us being able to maintain/improve our MTTD. Knowing that our data is safe and compliant (HIPAA) with Rollbar was a crucial differentiator for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not always as seamless as we'd like with getting users added to the projects they need access to without administrative action. Adding a deeper integration with SSO to do this would be awesome and save us a bit of work with on-boarding of users and projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The consolidated view across our services allows us to get a full-picture view of how exceptions or crashes could be related and how they might be cascading through our system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EH
What do you like best?

Valuable product to get visibility on issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier (no engineering effort) to disable some of the alerts so you aren't billed for a bunch of stuff. Muting it still goes towards your quota. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to get started. More effort required to customize per your requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Where issues are happening before we get customer complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The product simply works, it's straight forward, with good logical organization of the product. I feel like I'm getting good value for what I'm paying for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I still dislike the "new UI", so I'm thankful that the old UI is still supported. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product. I've been using rollbar for a while, and I've never had any real complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm mostly utilizing the product for exceptions that are happening in a staging / production environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Easy to track incidents on the project dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The new UI does not look that different from the old one. I would expect more significant changes if there are UI upgrades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I like that I can work on solving my mistakes which I can have during the working day. The perfect solution to use in the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to specify if there are urgent exceptions require actions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

- Integration with the slack

- Easy to use UI and easy APIs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the exceptions are over grouped Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Alerting on exceptions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior System Engineer
What do you like best?

Rollbar has got some really powerful and fantastic features for getting notified whenever there is a bug present in my app which my customer/user has experienced. It gets integrated in my codebase very easily and supports most of the leading programming languages like .NET, PHP, Javascript, and Python. Its dashboard allows me to understand what exactly is happening in the code and I can easily organize error traces to find the line of code which generated the error. I can customize the email so that I will get notifications about the errors which are of high priority and needs to be resolved urgently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main concern is about the pricing Rollbar has offered via its plans. It is on the higher side when compared with other Crash Reporting tools. It doesn’t provide any context for few of the errors generated due to Javascript although it affects my app when user is trying to login to the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rollbar will be really useful for the front end error reporting for your app and will keep you notified about the bugs affecting your app. Also the integration is superfast and simple to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been using Rollbar to get notified about my app’s performance bugs instantly and it has 5 severity levels for getting notifications. The least level is Debug and the highest level is Critical, which helps in diagnosing the bugs and resolving them according to their priority. Using the dashboard, I am able to view the history details about the error like arguments associated with the error, when exactly did the problem came into the app, which browsers/OS was affected, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology Specialist
Telecommunications
What do you like best?

Definitely Rollbar is a top notch crash reporting tool and requires just 2 steps to be implemented in the code for integrating its services with my app.

It has a lightning speed to go to the line of code which has resulted in the error just by double clicking on it. The dashboard makes it possible to organize the error traces to get detailed analysis of the Prioritized issues first.

I has helped me in keeping the production instance error free with its alerts and notifications in real time giving detailed traces and error reports, so that I can find those errors and fix them before it affects my app users. Reports can be sorted out with respect to the number of affected users for each bug. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although I have not used all its features, there seems to be an issue with the mute functionality and is not working most of the time. Also I would like to see a help document from the support team to specify the most important features as it is not feasible to understand and use all the features from the dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will be helpful in providing reports about front end errors and also the price is reasonable when compared to its excellent features. A lot of API are provided for catching server side errors and is worth trying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I deployed Rollbar in my app around 6 months ago in both the instances i.e. test instance and production instance to keep a track of all errors and crashes being experienced by customers. Thus it makes it easy to find the issues quickly which we weren’t able to find earlier as it took a long time to figure out the root cause of the crash.

Rollbar has benefitted us in capturing the JavaScript errors at the client side and keep the production instance bug free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Rollbar features a lot of platform integrations, so I could see using this with my backend API as well. Error aggregation is a must given the volume of errors that might come through. The interface is fairly extensive (esp. coming from Honeybadger) and the different environments setting is useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In an Ember app, it's not quite plug-and-play. Errors that are triggered after page load don't seem to be caught at all (although errors on initial page load are), maybe it has to do with the event loop.

I'm also having difficulty setting up source maps: I configured the correct settings and confirmed that we upload/link to source maps in production, but Rollbar has not picked it up. Manually setting the "code_version" flag isn't a big deal in a templating language, but it seems like this could/should be inferred from the cache-busted script URLs or a SHA of the index page (since Ember apps leverage revision hashes on all assets).

It's minor, but I didn't see Pivotal Tracker or Slack integration—I particularly like the former integration from HoneyBadger, and would like "realtime updates" through Slack instead of a barrage of emails.

Last, the error aggregation algorithm seems a bit fidgety—might have been due to me trying to get source maps working, but super similar errors weren't grouped if the code was slightly revised or had slightly differing line number in the stack trace. I would personally like an option to aggregate errors over differing deploy revisions to catch similar errors across deploys since it's unlikely we would fix every bug in one deploy (we use a continuous integration strategy). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deploying a large scale frontend app, currently without error monitoring so it's hard to track obscure bugs. Historically, frontend error tracking tooling has always been "hand-tied" due to the limited info in window.onerror, but as the browser APIs improve it has become feasible to track frontend errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Its hastle free = once setup you know you can come in and check your emails/chat channels for any hidden issues in your software. Integration with third parties.

Can see who pushed/deployed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is a slightly outdated UI - saying that I rely on the notifications 90% of the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Integrates easily with email and Slack - there are alot more options, but these are the ones our team uses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring applications in production environments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
What do you like best?

I really like the fact that Rollbar is easy to integrate and implement in your codebase. They have various modules for Ruby and NodeJS which makes setup a breeze. The user interface makes it easy to know what's happening as well as organizing these error traces. The stage tab is really a welcome addition Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It took some time for me to see some really cool features on the dashboard. I think Rollbar team can create some more docs to highlight some of these features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rollbar is a great tool for tracking errors that occur in your application, and with its rich interface and analysis, you will be a few steps away from figuring out these errors and resolving them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I want to be on top of errors that occur in my product. For a language like JavaScript for example is can be a real pain trying to figure out certain errors. I've realized that Rollbar makes it easy to track these stubborn errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Academic Advisor
Higher Education
What do you like best?

My favorite aspects of this software is the adaptability between different programing languages and the automatic notifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software is mainly suited for the smaller business, which isn't really a complaint, but a cloud based software would be better suited for the needs of the many. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test it out and provide feedback to the developers. Freemium software is a great option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Error tracking and support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-founder
What do you like best?

It's extremely useful to find bugs in production fast. It groups similiar bugs and shows tons of useful information about any incidents both in front-end and backend part of applications. It's also easy to integrate into your apps. It's also very easy to plug it into Slack or whatever other tools you have. They have a pleasant API and provide webhooks for events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's very easy to go above your plan by runaway events and sometimes it groups unrelated bugs together. Front-end integration also needs improvements and third party plugins for various frameworks (eg. Symfony2) might need some additional support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Limit your daily event number to something sane. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes us sure that our production environment stays bug-free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The administrative interface is easy to navigate. There are helpful alerts, and the option to integrate with the browser to report frontend JS errors is very useful. Resolving items in commits is also a nice feature to have. For the backend, it's a pretty reliable place to monitor after a production push. Every engineer is required to be on an oncall shift, so we rely heavily on Rollbar when we run into an error with our Django application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We bundle our JS, so some of the reports of stack traces are hard to decipher. It'd be nice to do a Pretty Print (much like how Chrome Developer Tools does) and grab the chunk that was throwing the error. It would be nice it also had an integration with JIRA that would automatically assign an issue to the person who last touched the file that the error comes from. While the interface is pretty easy to navigate, I would like to see more product features added to the product. More visualizes/graphs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will absolutely help you, but I hope they keep iterating on the product to stay relevant in the competitive landscape that is error reporting for applications. It's also useful for frontend error reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In an effort to reduce opaqueness from our frontend, we looked into a number of alternative solutions and considered rolling our own solution, until we realized that Rollbar has the ability to track and report frontend errors. We have realized that we can run Rollbar in our staging environment and catch errors before they make it to production which is also very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Rollbar offers many views for different scenarios. A dashboard, pages per user, per error, different environments, etc. The flexibility is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the UI can be overwhelming, but overall it is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This product allows us to quickly see the errors being generated on production client-side and gives us notifications and alerts when there are problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like to be able to go into the history of errors, checking them and discovering if they were already happened in the past. It replaced completely email-based error notifications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel something is going wrong with errors count but in general my experience is more than positive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest advantage is a unique place to check errors (with notifications), the real plus is to be able to know historic statistics about errors (to monitor regressions) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great website that quickly aggregates the most important information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes overload of alerts, but I like the way they try to handle that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it to discover and delegate issues quickly,e specially for people on call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Custom grouping for errors

Good dashboard Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Error grouping is poor

Titles for errors are misleading- often poor grouping Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring error trends, spikes, etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.