Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation provides traditional desktop and two-tier web-to-host browser access to your back-end systems. BlueZone's stability, robust feature set, and industry-standard security make it an ideal enterprise-wide replacement for your current terminal emulation solutions.

Work for Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation?

Learning about Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation?

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation Reviews

Ask Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation a Question
Showing 36 Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation reviews
Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by User

"A Long Time User Since it was called Zephyr Passport PC to Host"

What do you like best?

We have basic needs in terms of terminal emulation, but this software was easy enough to automate configuration details for all of our users. Also not that it's used a lot, but macros are a nice feature, they've improved over time for sure.

What do you dislike?

Again, as stated above our terminal emulation needs are low, but I recall wanting to prepopulate an ssh host key for users connecting to the same trusted server, to alleviate the need of having to click on "Yes I trust this host", but it looked like that particular value was stored in the registry. I also wanted to find a command line reference, if it was available, but I struggled to find one, and honestly didn't look very hard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I hate to say it, but in all honesty, I'd think it'd be in our best interest to look around occasionally. I mean for our use case, maybe something like putty is good enough.

I hate to say the same thing over and over again, but we are just using this to connect to a host, via ssh, that hosts a console only application.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation
Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by User

"Daily user of Blue Zone. I maintain at least two version for multiple logons."

What do you like best?

Can customise the IP address for multiple LPAR each having a separate icon. Also the Insert character will not lock and require a reset like other emulators. Another helpful feature is the bottom row. Here you will find such things as the TCP/IP address and the VTAM name assigned. This can relate to resources on CICS for instance. I have used this on more than one occasion.

What do you dislike?

The transfer seems hard to setup for text versus binary. It may be caused by help. I have overcome this by using known endings like TEXT/txt for instance. Sometimes I wish for a tabbed approach to the multiple screens. This would clear up the icons I use. The icons could be stored in a windowed space under a grouping to sort out usage for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation and experiment to get the feel. Try to improve the usage by printing out the Keyboard maps. If you need differing keys, they can be customised to your liking.

A way to get to the mainframe. Printer support is not used/needed. I do not know if it will support going into a Windows remote or Linux remote. I would love to try since I use both of these. Then I could dispense with other emulators for Windows and SSH. Maybe in the future you could add these and present a more unified view of the world of supporting all these. Thanks

What Terminal Emulator solution do you use?

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Bluezone is light weight and very fast"

What do you like best?

Screen scrapper is fast and efficient. It works very well on IBM Mainframe, VT Terminal and AS400. It work great. Support is been great. very good. Very responsive. We never had an issue with support. All the issue are resolved in timely manner. Support goes beyond the reach. It has been very pleasant experience with the product. Installation is very easy and also upgrade. We did few upgrades and never had an issue so far.

What do you dislike?

I find nothing about dislike the product. I use the product every week and never had an issue. As far as I know I have no issue. Initially, I had issue with HALLAPI but it was resolved before we bought the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very good

Cost. It is less expensive and works well. Scripting is very easy than before. You can create customize ini file to your needs. very flexible product. Our company liked the product very much. We are using over 6 years and no issue.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"Rocket BlueZone Terminal Emulation Experience and Review"

What do you like best?

BlueZone works flawlessly. I am one of those people who likes to configure my keyboard and keys to closely emulate a true 3270 keyboard when working on a IBM mainframe. With BlueZone this is very easy to do. BlueZone is a rich full featured terminal emulation program that puts many functions a feature right at your fingertips such as opening or closing sessions, print screen, data transfer send and receive and so on. There are too many features to go into here but one of the best things is that they are very intuitive and easy to use and they work!

What do you dislike?

I have been using BlueZone for a year now and don't really have any complaints that I can think of. The Help feature is good and it is pretty intuitive to figure out and use. Configuring the mouse options could probably be improved upon especially for novice users but overall it is not bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend BlueZone to anyone considering the purchase of a terminal emulation product.

BlueZone is used by the City of Los Angeles staff in support of the IBM Mainframe and other legacy platforms and applications in support the the LAPD as well as other Departments and applications.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Alan W.
Alan W.

"3270 emulator does everything we want"

What do you like best?

Correct rendering of all kinds of 3270 output, colors, etc., in whatever number of rows or columns we want, plus a user-friendly file upload/download process.

What do you dislike?

So far have not been able to figure out how to create a Windows desktop shortcut for a different screen size. However, (1) we are using an older version of Bluezone that is not supported on Windows 10, and (2) we just start it up and change the size from there, so it's not really a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am very happy with BlueZone and would recommend it to anyone needing 3270 emulation.

We have clients who are running one of our products on zOS/TSO/ISPF, so we must be able to emulate 3270s and upload and download files.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Ganesh  M.
Ganesh M.

"Revival of a major system"

What do you like best?

The cost of the application was cheaper than others on the market and easy to implement. My organisation's core accounting application is on a legacy system that functioned on dumb terminals then XP PCs using Telnet. I can now implement Windows 10 on a domain

What do you dislike?

The purchasing process for a foreign buyer was not too efficient

Ledger system is now easily accessible.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Administrator

"Perfect Terminal emulation for Windows 7 onwards"

What do you like best?

BlueZoneTerminal Emulation is a perfect client terminal for our end users to connect to out legacy Sco OpenServer 5. We've had no problems with their Sco Unix v5 Emulation.

The ability to save specific configuration sets so that they can be distributed to our end clients is also valuable.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if profiles were built into an interface on the application rather than each individual unique settings profile be saved as a separate *.zvt file.

Our users can now be upgraded from their old Windows XP systems, which is now out of support and has become a security vulnerability, to the more stable and secure Windows 10. Now our environment is up to date and our users can use new and faster hardware to improve efficiency.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by NAVULE P.
NAVULE P.

"Bluezone Terminal Emulator"

What do you like best?

Adaptability of this emulator is the best part. It is highly configurable and provides customization facility. Lots of documentation.

What do you dislike?

The product needs to upgrade to the current market standards. Better to offer plug and play. Documentation could be much more straight to the point. Could be better if you can provide free lifetime developer licences.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Administrator

"Review of BlueZone terminal Emulator"

What do you like best?

It can be used with different browsers like the way it used be several years ago.

What do you dislike?

The implementation of the product is made complicated because the URL has to be specified in several files. It has become very cumbersome when testing the software between different test LPARS where the URL is different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The JNLP implementation is a lot more complicated then the java=plug- based

It allows users to log into the mainframe--that is all

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Consultant

"Bluezone Terminal Emulation Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation and roll out in any large organization. BlueZone WEB for cloud deployment and Zero footprint makes for secure connectivity. I do like the tiered pricing structure

What do you dislike?

I have requested Rocket to look at the integration of Biometric authentication into the Emulator but did not get feedback as that was more of an individual request. In South Africa, we have opposition product that has done that and their acceptance into our government space is big

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch today

BlueZone Terminal Emulation solve printing issues in our government space. Additional to this the high levels of security build into the product, make this a winner.

"Superior Technical Support"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the superior technical support. Whether my issue is major or minor, it is handled with urgency and the support folks are very knowledgeable and professional.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is that the script is a series of step, and not scripting code. I believe their old macros used to generate scripting code that could easily be customized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BlueZone is a great mainframe Admin platform, and can be used to perform multiple system tasks using Office VBA.

Our shop does a lot with VBA and automation to the BlueZone emulators. We have has some anomalies that they were able to successfully resolve.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by User in Computer Software

"BlueZone is a great terminal emulator!"

What do you like best?

The ability pass key binding between people who have customized them is really helpful for getting new people on board.

What do you dislike?

With it being a stand alone desktop app, it is tough to get access from remote locations.

BlueZone Terminal helps my team and I get reliable access to our mainframe system, analyze customer dumps, build code, process jobs, and complete daily business tasks.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Ingvar R.
Ingvar R.

"A great terminal with a well known API"

What do you like best?

I came from Rumba terminals and had a lot of Visual Basic code using the API. To reuse the code base when changing to Rocket BlueZoneTerminal was really a piece of cake

What do you dislike?

I few bugs but it was fixed with an update from provided by the support staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go go

Gave me an API to old AS400 systems without API.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by User

"Great product if you are moving from Extra"

What do you like best?

It convert my old macros to BlueZone Compatible Macros

What do you dislike?

I was easy to use no dislikes for me, found the transition from Extra very easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product, great support during the transition.

We needed to move to a 3270 emulator that was compatible with Windows 10 64 bit. The cost was very reasonable and it was easy to transition to this product.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by User

"Comprehensive access to Mainframe with Scripting Support"

What do you like best?

We experience tremendous efficiency by being able to combine BlueZone Mainframe Terminal with the scripting tools and Blue Zone FTP. When programming scripts the status bar provides a wealth of useful information.

What do you dislike?

I'm at a loss to think of anything which isn't related to the mainframe applications we access.

Without BlueZone access to old mainframe applications would be a bear.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Marco C.
Marco C.

"The product is Simply and fast to use."

What do you like best?

The session manager, where a define 3270, ftp and printer emulation

What do you dislike?

In the host file transfer, a cannot type directly the path were a want to save my object, but drill down from the flow and the select

All our end-users has leaned quickly how to use the product, without lost of time in training

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Fully featured product supporting multiple emulations"

What do you like best?

What we like best is the number of customizations available in the product. Technical support is also responsive and very competent.

What do you dislike?

very little to dislike here. can't think of anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has support for silent unattended installations.

We are replacing older emulators that don't support the new security standards with Rocket Bluezone

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by User

"An Emulator that "good enough""

What do you like best?

-Clean Customizable Interface

-Win32OLE API allows me to connect my Ruby Scripts to the emulator

-Active development/patching (many other emulators are no longer be developed)

What do you dislike?

- stability issues; session will randomly disconnect

-Some interface inconstancy from Attachmate (example highlight text with keyboard arrows doesn't auto copy)

-Setting configuration interface is bit unorganized, hard to navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

if building macros create to control the emulator, create interface class that interacts with the Emulator API to make the transition easier.

Mainframe Emulator with API interface to automated Data Entry Tasks.

"bluezone terminal emulation"

What do you like best?

It I easy to configure and easy to use. The interface is good and the ability to launch multiple sessions easily is a bonus.

What do you dislike?

so far no complaints. It is working as expected

xserver replacement

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Bluezone"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is great. I have had to contact them multiple times with multiple issues. they are very knowledgeable

What do you dislike?

Upgrade process is a bit complicated if you are very far behind

Access to our green screens.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Administrator

"It's a very efficient 3270 emulation."

What do you like best?

It's easy to set up and to use. We download it from the web, customize, and deploy it easy smoothly.

What do you dislike?

Our version (6.1) is not working with Microsoft Edge or Chrome. I'm not sure if there is a new version is working with Edge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can use Microsoft internet explorer you might want to consider switch to Blue Zone.

Our users are dependent to Blue Zone to connect to the IBM mainframe.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"No compalints!"

What do you like best?

The team was always responsive to any questions I had. There were no issues within administration and all staff members I encountered provided good service.

What do you dislike?

There were multiple times the server crashed, or something that prevented me from signing in, but the staff was always able to assist and help me connect.

I process write-ins for missing payroll for our associates.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by John M.
John M.

"Reliable, flexible, like the scripting"

What do you like best?

Scripting works great, flexible and easy to edit

What do you dislike?

cannot think of anything , pretty much works fine

Need for a 3270 emulator, that's about it

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Joshua L.
Joshua L.

"Bluezone: The Software is Adequate"

What do you like best?

Bluezone is flexible and fast. There are mutliple scripting methods available.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional compatibility issues with Windows 10.

Terminal Automation

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Bluzone"

What do you like best?

This emulator is supporting a 40 year old business and still going strong

What do you dislike?

I am Automation Tester and I don't dislike any of the features it offers

From the QA stand point, easier to learn and run batch cycle .better shortcuts to navigate from one page to another. Easier to Integrate with various automation tools

"Terminal Emulation Review"

What do you like best?

Seamless switch over from our current solution to the Rocket BlueZone Terminal Emulator. Even migrating VBS macros was a breeze. Faster response times too!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Our end users are happy so we are too!

We are able to run our macros faster resulting in quicker data turnover.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Consultant

"It has met the business and IT requirements well and at a good value!"

What do you like best?

I like the way that it simplifies the delivery of the apps to our users.

What do you dislike?

not sure that I dislike anything!!! Maybe the time to get the product installed and configured initially could have been better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it....great solution

deployment timelines reduced and costs reduced are big winners.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Consultant

"Easy to install, manage and it works"

What do you like best?

Very much like the scripting functions, and the easy of installation.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of any thing I really dislike. Cost could always be lower, but that is managements problem

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works

We need 3270 terminal emulators for our users, both zos folks and CICS users

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

The interface was clean and well organized

What do you dislike?

There are some features that Passport did better than BlueZone that I wish BlueZone would adopt. Specifically the ability to add or remove the end of file marker (EOF).

Connecting to remote legacy mainframe.

"Straightforward Terminal Emulator"

What do you like best?

Straightforward, all the functionality, high degree of compatibility

What do you dislike?

Price. There are numerous terminal emulators on the market for much less. A little more challenges with compatibility but the price difference can be substantial.

3270 emulation

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by User

"How BEST to access MainFrame Application Screen and Data."

What do you like best?

ease of configuration in our unique environment

What do you dislike?

ability to swap from various screen sizes easily

Recommendations to others considering the product

ease of access to mainframe applications both locally and remotely

access to our MainFrame applications when on the road

"Good Emulator Software"

What do you like best?

Works better than Mochasoft (print sessions)

What do you dislike?

Quotes and orders take some time, and most times I have to request the quotes more than once.

Less expensive than some other emulation software

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

The customer support is the best I have interacted with.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything with the trial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

We have made it easier for our users to use the terminal.

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by Administrator

"The software works just as promised"

What do you like best?

I like the idea that the software is simple to use

What do you dislike?

there really isn't anything that i dislike

we needed a terminal emulator and bluezone solves our need

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation review by User

"Rocket BlueZone works very well for my Mainframe Emulation. "

What do you like best?

Meets all my requirements for processing my work

What do you dislike?

none that I have come across so far. Works for all my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best product available, with excellentsupport

It works perfectly

"Great service"

What do you like best?

It always seems like the technicians are knowledgeable when you have to call for service.

What do you dislike?

Working on certificate issue at the moment.

Mainframe access

Learn more about Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation

Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation Videos

Learning about Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation?

* We monitor all Rocket BlueZoneTerminal Emulation reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.