RoadEng Civil Engineer Reviews & Product Details

UR
(Myself Only)

"Works great for me!"

What do you like best?

The accessibility. It is easy for me to use kn all devices.

What do you dislike?

The organization I would like the layout to be different.

It’s allows me to solve problems in a timely manner.

What is RoadEng Civil Engineer?

Used by thousands of consultants, counties, companies, universities, and government organizations worldwide. Our clients love the simplicity, ease-of-use, speed and power of RoadEng®. RoadEng® is a completely different approach to road design - with an easy-to-use interface and real-time interactivity. It can add speed and power to your next corridor design project. • Rural Road & Highway Design • Rail & Pipeline Corridor Projects • Forest & Resource Road Design • Stream Reconstruction KEY BENEFITS: • Quick Learning Curve | Be up and running in hours with little or no training with RoadEng®'s easy user interface. 90% of users do not require formal training. • Design start to finish, and everything in between... Enter survey data, create horizontal & vertical alignments, calculate earthwork quantities, create output sheets. • Real-time interactivity | See the data. Change the design. No waiting around. RoadEng® works with you to build accurate models, design better alignments, and save earthwork costs. • Focus on engineering, not drafting | Not just for CAD specialists. Our suite of products has been designed for busy engineers. • Easily output & share | Create .pdf output sheets. Share DWG, DGN, and LandXML files with other programs. Our civil design package works alone or can integrate into other engineering programs.

RoadEng Civil Engineer Screenshots

1-10 of 10 total RoadEng reviews

RoadEng Civil Engineer Reviews

1-10 of 10 total RoadEng reviews
DIRECTOR - CIVIL ENGINEER

"Great Service on great software. "

What do you like best?

Roadeng is exactly that it gets back to the basics of what road and civil design is all about but so fast! Its great so many designers loose focus of whats important and that is optimising cut to fills, grades, drainage, volumes. The best point is that I can do it. I have always drawn the line on software as my time is too valuable in past however now in starting up my own business things change and the speed at which I can knock a design out and present to a client is impressive. Amazing software thankyou! Thankyou for setting up the recent conference session and for your knowledge and help David much appreciated.

What do you dislike?

I ll let you know. I have noticed continual improvement and what you have now is great for what I do. so that gives me confidence when I do need things changed or optimised

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Value for money product

Road alignment - subdivisions

Civil Engineering/Drafting Technologist
Civil Engineering

"Extremely FAST Corridor Design"

What do you like best?

The best features of RoadEng are it's ability to handle large amounts of survey data and the speed that you can take a concept to a finished design.

We tend to deal with large amounts of LiDAR data. Civil3D has implemented point clouds and they work OK but if you are building large surfaces we have noticed that C3D will actually thin your data and won't use all the points. Worse yet is that it doesn't tell you that it's doing this. With RoadEng always uses all the points. Sometimes if you have too many points it will crash but then you can go back and thin the data in areas that don't matter as much. You have full control.

We have tried doing corridors in C3D but they just take so much longer to set up and to finish a design. All of the volume and drawing out puts from RoadEng are pretty much fully automated. I can run a first draft of a 10km road over tricky terrain in one day with RoadEng complete with volume outputs and a full set of drawings. There's no way I could do that in any other program.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that you can only manage one corridor per file. It would be great if you could even assign an additional profile that drives certain template parameters such as ditch depth. I have found ways to do this in RoadEng but it's a cumbersome process.

The other downfall is that the drawing outputs are sometimes a little too automated. You can't make small adjustments to the page layout of individual pages. Usually this isn't a problem but sometimes a little bit of additional flexibility would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend at least trying it. I received no formal training on the software because it is so easy and fast to use.

RoadEng's outputs (drawings, volumes) are all very automated which saves a huge amount of time. We find it to be significantly faster than using Civil3D to complete designs.

It,development

"Best civil design software ever ! ! "

What do you like best?

It is an amazing software ever this is so convenient to use and so user friendly , like one needs zero percent of work hours before using it , all my interns use it as they have done Masters in this . the engineering based software one of its kind , rather than other software works like on we are drafting but this is like the design is in real life with all the laws on nature acting on it and we can know if it will stand alone it is amazing , and not only this it can work with other software too !

What do you dislike?

No words to say negative about this software , its one of its kind which is why i like it too much !

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One should definitely try this software and improve the design Be up and running in hours with little or no training with RoadEng easy user interface. Newbie can also Work on it!

Most important to any firm is the costing in this with earthwork costing data as you design, you can adjust your design based on cost how cool is that and not only this you can automatically create a Terrain model (TIN) from large point sets, including LiDAR data and one can also customize your display options in 2D or 3D. Both our cad specialist and also our engineers can use this software !

Business Development Executive

"My experience with RoadEng Civil engineer has had both it's positives and negatives."

What do you like best?

I like the interface within the platform. I did not feel overwhelmed by any means and felt comfortable with all options from the home page.

What do you dislike?

I felt that within the platform I was missing certain items that were pertinent to helping me determine whether or not the road made sense for us implement our strategies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like it to be focused more on graphs and ROI calculations

The benefits for myself was being able to road map what made sense for our clients and give them a consultative approach with feasible and actionable data.

"RoadEng Review"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality of this software in helping me site plan for road, rail and pipeline projects. It is a very useful tool in helping me with my civil designs and I used it a lot.

What do you dislike?

there is no dislikes to this program, I feel it does everything I needed it to accomplish.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get this product, you will not be dissapointed. It is the top of the line for Road design and construction software, I highly recommend it.

I was using RoadEng to help design road structures, piping. It was easy to enter survey data, and calculated my earthwork quantities in a fast and easy manor. I was also easily able to convert my files to DWG, DGN and other capable files so that I could open it with other programs and send it to other users who did not have RoadEng

Artist - Sacred Geometry
Internet
(Myself Only)

"Interesting functionality and toolset"

What do you like best?

At first glance the somewhat different editing features and modeling tools seem over simple but they develop into a wonderful array of tools that allow for great design and management and ease of use compared to other large brand software titles.

What do you dislike?

The file compatibility with other third party packages. At times an issue but doesn’t hinder the usefulness

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely look into it as it may offer a better transition and Less time intensive lead times when beginning to work with it.

Budget constraints and availability of effective civil design software for some of our projects

UG
(10,001+ employees)

"RoadEng CE Road design"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the straightforward work flow the software provides. It doesn't take me long before I'm working on actual engineering rather than drafting and messing with program settings. I also appreciate the tech support provided by Softree. Whenever I call them with a question, they are very helpful and quick to help me solve the problem. Also, many of the technical support engineers are also the software engineers so their knowledge of the program is very in depth. Also, the software does a great job using handling LiDAR data.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the plot and layout options. The settings and layout workflow is a little less intuitive than some of the other software features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software can do more than just resource road design. If a firms focus is on engineering and not strictly drafting, this software is much easier to use than other CE design programs. It does a good job working between other software files and overall is fairly easy to pick up and learn. Also, the online trainings are very good and beneficial.

The business problems we use the software for is primarily road design. From new road construction to road relocations and alignments. The software is straightforward and allows the user to take a simple field P-line survey, create a surface, and begin designing a road in a relatively short amount of time.

CP

"Key to our business"

What do you like best?

The multi-platform CAD capabilities. being able to integrate regular surveys with that of gps or lidar make our muliti-lateral engineering services that much more flexible.

What do you dislike?

Terrain module does not permit more than ten profiles, nor more than one multi-plot.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Making more adaptable to ipad/android for Location and Terrain platforms. Improve Survey/.Map platforms.

Don't make the App part of a "subscription".

Problems: Road design, TIN mapping from LiDAR,

Benefits; Faster turnover on projects, cheaper costs for clients

Project Manager, Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure
Government Administration
(10,001+ employees)

"RoadEng Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the output format.

What do you dislike?

Can design only one alignment in the file

Road Design.

Forest Technician
Environmental Services

"Active user of Forestry RoadEng Software"

What do you like best?

Easily work with LiDAR data

Easy to create and save custom layouts

What do you dislike?

Can sometimes be slow when dealing with large amounts of data.

more cost-effective option for certain aspects of design than CAD would be.

RoadEng Civil Engineer Features