Rippling Reviews & Product Details

Independent Contractor
Internet
What do you like best?

I like that I have all my important documents in categories. Everything is so well kept and organized as well. I can log in and go to where I need to be. I also like that I can get ahold of customer service fast. If I have any type of questions and comments I will get quick quick responses and help. I have always felt comfortable using the service. I also like the layout of the site and how easy it is to maneuver around. I like that all my important information is separated and highly organized. I highly recommend any consumers and businesses to use the service... you will not be disappointed in any way. The services are great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I don't dislike. I have no type of dislikes or complaints. There are no downsides to for me in using Rippling services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only problems that got solved with rippling was having my two factor authenticator set. They helped me with that and also got ahold of my management as well to help with the process. I realized that the help was appreciated. It really wasn't an issue. It was something that was solved quickly, efficiently, and effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rippling Overview

What is Rippling?

Rippling makes it easy to manage your company's Payroll, Benefits, HR, and IT—all in one, modern platform. It brings all of your employee systems and data together, and helps automate your busy work. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button, and in 90 seconds set up a new hires’ payroll, health insurance, 401K, work computer, and third-party apps — like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365 — 100% online and paperlessly. And that's just one reason why Rippling is The #1 Rated HR & IT Software.

Rippling Details

A Single, Modern System for Your Payroll, Benefits, HR & IT.

⭑ Manage all of your HR & IT in one, modern platform
⭑ Fully onboard new hires in just 90 seconds
⭑ Integrate with over 500 apps like Slack, Office 365, T Sheets, and Quickbooks
⭑ Save 70+ hours per month on manual administrative work

Rippling
San Francisco, CA

Rippling Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Rippling community
Have you used Rippling before?

Rippling Reviews

Showing 645 Rippling reviews
Already have Rippling?
Chief Product Officer
What do you like best?

HR and insurance benefits can be confusing and somewhat complex. Rippling has streamlined this process in a way that's both intuitive and effective.

Almost all of our HR operations currently run through rippling. It's great having a single vendor who is able to accommodate so much and do so in a way that's intuitive for the end-user and the parent company.

We looked at several companies who offer similar services but Rippling's seemed to be the most well rounded and the most capable of integrations with other technologies. This was particularly important for us as we wanted to maximize the efficiency of our operations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that could have been improved is providing some high-level details on the supplemental insurances. Providing a little more context on the plan's coverage upfront would be helpful but not necessary as you are able to click on the full plan details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are outsourcing a lot of our HR functionality on Rippling. Between the time and money savings we have realized already, we know we've made the right choice.

As for payroll - We run our payroll for both full time and hourly employees through rippling and it has been a seamless process to get stood up.

As for benefits - A Rippling representative helped us select the right plan for our company and educated us on the compliance/regulatory pieces that we would not have insight to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Engineer
What do you like best?

I can install an app on my iOS or Android and not have to repeatedly log in. The interface is clean and easy to navigate. There are a lot of services that can be accessed right through the Rippling dashboard. Our previous HR portal required a lot of steps to log in, and there was no way to save your login in a browser cookie. So we had to go through 2 factor authentication every time we wanted to see paystubs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The HSA integration with Liberty Savings Bank is very lacking. It's difficult to navigate and find basic bank information. I dislike it so much that I'm transferring HSA funds out to a different HSA as they come in. It has so few features and such poor UI that it was difficult to tell what my account and routing number were. I had to research these things by calling the bank directly outside of Rippling and browsing the bank's website. HSAs in general are pretty feature-poor, but this one takes the cake. It's just so bad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider it if you want all your corporate web portals in the same place and like slick UIs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can easily access my paystubs and other employee info. The social features in their Chrome extension are pretty useless if you have Slack or MS Teams already at your company. I don't see us using those that much. The biggest benefit is the ease of authentication. I can keep authenticated on my phone and never have to 2 factor auth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

The clean layout and easy-to-use navigation. As a first time user, I was able to quickly find everything I was looking for on my first attempt. The dashboard is very user-friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced any negative issues yet. All functions are running smoothly. I was unable to locate a chat function for quick support but I have not needed to use this yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an online platform that is user-friendly and has everything you need in place, look no further - Rippling has and does it all. From the easy, no hassle, on-boarding process to payroll, benefits, HR and IT, Rippling is almost too good to be true. I use Rippling daily because it make my job so much easier. It is definitely the best employee management platform I have every used in my professional career. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very easy search function - I can easily find people, documents and tasks. Everything is stored in one place which makes my job a lot easier. The personal apps make navigation run smoothly to get to several pages simultaneously. Rippling has been my go-to virtual platform for all office and administrative tasks. I wish the previous companies I have worked for in the past used a system as intuitive and advanced as Rippling! Personally, as a new employee at my current company, Rippling has made working remotely from home during this pandemic very easy. I love how fast it is to find other employee's contact information in order to coordinate and assign projects. I was also able to quickly complete all paperwork for HR in one sitting due to the "Your To-Do List" section which organized all my tasks by priority in one place. All of my personal documents are saved and accessible for future reference. I love how safe and secure this system is and highly recommend Rippling to friends, clients and businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President and CEO
What do you like best?

They've really made a good mix between self-service and help is there when you need it and easy to access. They have webinars, training and knowledge bases that have everything we have needed and people to tak to if we need more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, yet. We're doing our first payroll run and that seems to be going well. I was getting a little nervous about the first payroll run, but they were really helpful is getting me through it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seems like they are as they advertise, which is a delight. We are a Managed Service provider, so we do not use their device management, but it seems pretty solid for the price point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had used another payroll system that was so automated it wasn't really for us. Sometime we need help and someone to talk to.

We were with a PEO but were able to get a better deal for benefits and they were much more than we needed, so we were looking for good payroll, not benefits or high level HR.

We looked at QuickBooks payroll, but it seem like their support wasn't going to be as good and the pricing was higher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We were an early client of Rippling. We liked the promise of automated paperwork and quick payroll. The company has made significant progress in every aspect of its business. More importantly, they have matured over the last 12 months into a brand we trust. Too many software companies over-emphasize scale (too fast), automation, and investors, forgetting that customers are why they exist. Rippling seems to be making its way towards a more human centric approach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only complaints were a little over a year ago. Early in Rippling's existence there was a lack of human interaction. Rippling promised us that they were working to add a better communication component to their platform. They have been true to their word. Communication has improved and seems to be getting better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ADP has offered free Payroll for a year if we return. We might have considered it a year ago, but Rippling has significantly improved the our experience. ADP or any other provider couldn't buy our business from Rippling as long as Rippling keeps doing what it's doing. If you are evaluating payroll platforms, big or small, look no further than Rippling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The cost of employees processing new hire paperwork and other employment items is something that needs to be automated. PEO's cost too much and add steps instead of eliminating time and headaches. Rippling solves the problem of redundant HR paperwork that shouldn't be such a pain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student Mentor
What do you like best?

Clean user interface for mobile and web views, especially for HR/B2B software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Rippling is a frustrating and disappointing suite of software for the staff-user to say the least. I've had 8 different issues with Rippling administering the HSA/FSA in the last 365 days.

1) Rippling allowed me to sign up for both HSA and FSA for 2020 open enrollment and then told me I was fresh out of luck and had to eat the $2k that was withheld for the HSA even though I was not in a high deductible plan. Until our HR admin and I fought them repeatedly for 2 months in early 2020 and finally got them to 'make an exception' from their error and give me my money back.

2) Throughout 2020 each time I submitted an invoice for reimbursement of Dr. visits when I didn't have my HSA credit card handy (about 6 times), they would reject the request for reimbursement EVERY time stating the documentation was blurry/invalid (even though it was a PDF invoice, system generated, not a screenshot or photo). The HR admin and I then had to push back on them and their support team each time, fighting to get my own money back that I was entitled to.

3) Now at the end of 2020 (12/26/20202) they showed in the Rippling portal I had the $2k of available balance and would lose the monies unless spent by end of 2020. So I went on a HSA-qualifying spending spree so I didn't lose the money. They then rejected those claims saying bugs in their system incorrectly showed I had a balance I did not. This has ended up being about a $1200 mistake. I asked them to reimburse me the money themselves at was a bug in their own system that caused the error, but they told me to pound sand.

Messing up a few times is normal, every software has bugs and mistakes, and people are human. But the repeated mistakes with real money on the line, to me demonstrates gross incompetence at best and fraud at worst.

Do better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company uses Rippling to administer computer security policies, payroll, time off and HSA/FSA administration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

I really like how sleek Rippling is. It's easy to navigate and to find what information, when I need it, almost every time. It is especially easy to request PTO on the calendar, and see a helpful overview of how much I have taken and what types of PTO have been available to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes managing PTO can be a little confusing. My manager and I had some issues once when I had to cancel a vacation because of Covid-19. Neither of us could exactly figure out a good way to do that aside from her going back in and denying the request, so it still shows. Otherwise requesting PTO is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just get it. It's so easy to use, you won't regret it. The convenience of having one solution is unbeatable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I find it easier to manage my paycheck/deductions and PTO on Rippling. It's nice that everything is in one convenient place. Before Rippling, we did not have a dedicated HR person, so we were just adding things to our calendars and telling our bosses. Now, everyones time off is synced so it's easy to tell who will be in the office or not. It's also easy to manage my paycheck/deductions, and split things up how I want, without having to go bug my boss about changing these things! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finance/HR Assistant
What do you like best?

The system is highly intelligent and intuitive, payroll reports are clean and concise, ease of use is unmatched, customer service is very pleasant and prompt, available webinars and help page is thorough and insightful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only 'dislike' thus far has been implementation, paying for the fee of that and having to do all the implementation manually. Would have been better to know more about that fee and what was not going to be included for us.

Other than that Rippling itself has been a wonderful breath of fresh air! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to have our employee's interact more with the platform, before we had been the go between for all PTO questions, passwords had to be reset often, people wouldn't know how to navigate previous platforms so they came to us - now they are able to see and do all the things they need right in Rippling without much help from us in HR at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Financial Officer
What do you like best?

I love the RPASS functionality. This should be an industry standard. Managing passwords is no longer a task for anyone. We used to manage passwords using excel documents, and when someone updated a password, we will have to chase down the admin of the portal. RPASS updates the passwords for everyone, manages permissions, and you can store the password to your personal vault or the company vault. New hires get the access they require in minutes! Onboarding also takes minutes! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a medium to high learning curve for this product. Unless you put the time to learn, you will not get much out of the platform. I suggest you put the time at front, and you will have a great experience. Customer support is very responsive! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Password management is my key pain point I have solved. We are a software tech company with many software products and log ins required to maintain our team functional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Firmware Engineer
What do you like best?

What I like best about Rippling is that it allows me to have quick access to information regarding my payments, work documents, and work benefits. Any settings I would like to adjust are all easily done using Rippling as well! The interface of the website is also very user friendly, which is what makes it so easy to navigate through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently cannot think of anything I dislike about Rippling. I have been using it for over six months with no complaints so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So far, I've been using Rippling to keep track of work documents and payment information, so if that's something you're looking for, Rippling would be my recommendation! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Rippling as a all-in-one tool to view work documents, payment information, and benefits. Being able to easily view my pay stubs, adjust my 401k contribution, and adjust tax withholdings on Rippling has been a breeze! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Rippling setup and use for both admins and employees is smooth and guided. Implementation was extremely easy with a decision tree / IFTTT setup that takes the guesswork and headaches out of setting up a new payroll / HR system. Additionally, their staff provides outstanding support. Payroll and HR are vital components of a business and an area where mistakes can cause a lot of frustration and complaints. Rippling's user interface is very self-explanatory with built-in guidance at every step of the way. But this is not just a tech-heavy, people-light SaaS business. Implementation managers monitor progress and send reminders and comprehensive information for a successful launch. Feedback from employees thus far has been very positive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The employee tax form setup could use some work. There is less guidance in this area than in others. For example, there is a field that says "Please enter your total number of exemptions" without instructions normally found on the W-4 or similar state form. Importing the form instructions directly to the interface would be very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Providing more benefits to employees. Our previous payroll provider lacked integrations to 401(k), insurance, and other benefit providers, making the administration of benefit programs burdensome. Rippling manages the full employee lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding and enables us to provide employees with more benefits and a much better experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how Rippling puts everything in one place. We needed a central location to distribute and store HR docs, manage SSO for apps, etc. The Hardware feature is very helpful when setting up new hires with computers and managing them from my admin page. Rippling Support is also very responsive and reactionary, they are there for any question I have and are always very friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The newest update changed the apps around a bit so sometimes I get confused when navigating the site. The formatting in documents most of the time comes out a little strange (font and spacing are sometimes very off). Mostly see blips in the Documents category where I think actions can be a little more seamless and streamlined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an all-in-one and THEN some, decide on Rippling! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consolidation, SSO centralization, insurance integration, payroll. I like that it works for every kind of employee, and not just ones in the US. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's so easy for administrators and employees to navigate. We can find things quickly and there are tons of simple-to-follow instruction links to set things up. Also, our implementation specialist has been the bomb and he is so patient as I send emails with lists of rinky-dink questions to him often. He is quick to respond with answers, screenshots, and/or links to videos. Speaking of videos, I like their training videos and that I have the option to listen to them on a faster speed. I also love that I can see employee birthdays and anniversaries quickly AND I was able to get a link to add to my Gmail calendar so that the b-days/anniversaries show up there! We're not using the device management program yet, but we will and that was a big differentiator for us to select Rippling over the other companies in our RFP. We also had a tight timeline to get Rippling implemented before the new calendar year started and they helped up accomplish everything on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to buy everything a la carte; however, I do like that I'm not paying for features we're not interested in or ready to use yet. Also, it was labor-intensive for us to set up because the staff, rather than a Rippling rep, do a lot of things ourselves; however, that's what makes it affordable too. So really, there's nothing yet I truly dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My CFO and I had never heard of Rippling until it was recommended to her by a colleague. We added them to our RFP process in fall 2020 as a courtesy and we were quickly impressed. They were great for our size, not overbuilt, and we can add more modules in phases. Their implementation timeline and cost were better than the competitors. The user interface is very engaging and easy to use. I've never had employees really dig into a payroll system and get to know it before - such a win in my book! I anticipate Rippling will be smoking the big dogs in the payroll space in the next few years, they are ready to support work from anywhere companies for the long haul. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love having so many onboarding/retention functions in one place. I'm saving a ton of time adding background checks to Rippling, the I-9 verification is simpler than my old system, I've quit using DocuSign for new hire paperwork packets, plus having the new employees complete their insurance and 401k selections for me is epic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Special Assistant & Operations Associate
What do you like best?

I appreciate the platform's intuitive interface because it makes it that much easier to facilitate the switch between payroll, human resources, and information tech security systems in a heartbeat. Gone are the days when we had three separate providers for these functions and capabilities. Now, it's all-in-one with Rippling. I especially like the design of the website's dashboards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a huge fan of Two Factor Authentication (2FA) requirement. Not really that I disagree with it in general, but because I just wasn't ready to implement 2FA when the message popped up on my computer. In short, I wish I was aware of this prerequisite in advance of signing up for the system to mentally prepare myself, so to speak. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rippling is an amazing platform for those of us in the startup or nonprofit spaces. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Throughout my advocacy career path, I stumbled across all types of software for HR & IT purposes. If you can think of it, then I probably used it at one point or another. However, Rippling was the simplest to implement for myself thus far since it was kind of uncomplicated from the beginning. One doesn't need to understand Rippling's functions and capabilities 100 percent of the time to be able to perform well with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The UI is incredibly user-friendly, both on the administrator end and for the employee experience. The guides are very clear for what they need from you and why, turning cumbersome forms into an experience that's actually visually pleasing. Integrations and connectivity with other apps are also really helpful, and Rippling is very clear on what you actually get with each integration -- something many vendors promise too much on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The document editor for agreement templates could maybe be built out a little more for custom formatting, but I'm really stretching to find anything I dislike! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our payroll and benefits administration with prior providers was too manual and required too many forms, especially to justify the cost. Rippling has streamlined all of that for us, making both administrative and employee-facing administration a much more straightforward and enjoyable process. We also use it to manage user provisioning and for HR support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the simplicity of the platform. in the past, I have used very "ugly" and overly complex tools so I enjoy that this gets the job done in a visually pleasing way. Having control over where my paycheck goes and how that amount is divided is very cool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that Rippling could be improved if there were more options for payment distributions. I think this is my favorite feature and would love to see it expanded! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out their offerings. This is much more than a solution to only one problem. It is truly a one-stop shop! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I really enjoy the ability to decide where my paycheck goes and split it up however I would like. This is a feature I have wanted to have control over since I made my first paycheck as a teenager. We also use this as a SSO and it makes security a No Brainer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

1. New (and very relevant) features are added constantly

2. Our feedback is heard and acted upon

3. Incredible integration with so many tools - especially for provisioning and de-provisioning of software licenses automatically

4. Rippling's password manager is AWESOME and lets the whole team easily share logins for important accounts

5. One place to manage all company accounts for peace of mind when onboarding/offboarding employees/interns/contractors

6. Quick adaptation to new standards or processes, especially during the COVID-19 era Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Payroll calendar is not visible for all employees so we have to maintain this separately in an internal document

2. Need more ways to automate processes and create custom process flows

3. Need a simple asset tracker where we can create different types of assets (laptops, monitors, other equipment). It would help keep all company assets in one location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rippling blows all competition out of the water. It is a must-have tool and a big reason for our success as a company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Sharing of passwords for important accounts

2. Provisioning and de-provisioning of software licenses automatically

3. Easy medical insurance enrollments for the whole team

4. Great integrations with other applications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The minimalistic helps prevent information overload, and core HR functionality naturally organized together. As an example, finding how many hours of PTO and sick leave I have accrued was exceptionally easy with the apps continentally located on the home page as soon as I log in. Furthermore, more recently the benefits selection process was incredibly straightforward, with intuitive guides and help along the way (the last-minute chance to change items was also greatly appreciated!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only pain point I encountered centered on document signing as replicating signature via mouse or pad was difficult. I would love the ability to type in my signature as seen on DocuSign. Aside from that, I couldn't find anything to complain about, both the desktop and mobile versions of the site are fantastic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easily navigating user information, for both new and existing members. The new platform requires little to no demoing for folks to get up and running. The ease of use reduces the need for walk-throughs and training, which allows folks (like me) to spend more time doing our normal jobs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.