Revu Bluebeam

Bluebeam Revu makes your drawings, plans and documents work smarter

Work for Revu Bluebeam?

Learning about Revu Bluebeam?

Revu Bluebeam Reviews

Showing 10 Revu Bluebeam reviews
Revu Bluebeam review by Cody O.
Cody O.

"Revu Bluebeam"

What do you like best?

I like that Bluebeam has such a large number of tools. I have found that I can do nearly anything I need with a PDF using Bluebeam. I work in construction, and on of my favorite functions is the ability to over-lay old drawings with revised drawings. This allows me to QC change orders or addenda much faster, and with more accuracy. I also like that when I make bookmarks for construction drawings it will automatically have the drawing name filled in for me.

What do you dislike?

Blue beam has issues converting some file to PDF, I often have to use Adobe for this. I have to admit that the "convert"/Combine files to PDF is much more user friendly in Adobe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best product for construction and cost estimating.

I am able to split documents by the top level bookmarks. With construction docs, they usually have top level book marks for each drawing. This allows me to have each drawing as a single file and correctly named. When I upload drawings to OST I can upload the pre-named files, so that I don't have to re-name them later.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Revu Bluebeam
Revu Bluebeam review by Tarek H.
Tarek H.

"Adobe has some serious competition!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to easily edit pdf files! It’s so easy there are no issues involved editing or annotating the files. It’s a lot better than what adobe has. It’s simpler and easy more to use and you won’t have any issues where the files can’t be edited or not. I

What do you dislike?

My biggest gripe with the software is the cost. But the cost can be overhead that can be ignored because the usefulness in the long run really makes it a big deal

The biggest benefits is ability to edit document and convert cad files into pdf easily. Easy way to share and transfer files

What General-Purpose CAD solution do you use?

Revu Bluebeam review by Lena H.
Lena H.

"works well at keeping projects organized"

What do you like best?

i like that it can create pdfs for me in other applications, transmit documents with time stamps, and allow me to mark up documents without leaving the application. i also like that it allows everyone to have access to emails that relate to the project, even if the email was not sent by me or to me.

What do you dislike?

it can be a bit tedious when linking to backup folders, also the error codes that sometimes come up are not descriptive enough to help me resolve the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

learn how to use the program through an online tutorial, it makes it easier to use when you have brief background on what the tools do and how to navigate the program.

project organization, file backups, transmittals with timestamps, file uploads and downloads, email archive, official communication with architects, engineers, and designers.

Revu Bluebeam review by Luke P.
Luke P.

"Awesome PDF software"

What do you like best?

Being able to add notes to just about any PDF has been a lifesaver. Not only can I collaborate with my team, but I can also quickly and effectively create documents for submission.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat complicated, and we discovered a print driver error between it and our xerox copier when dealing with 11x17 file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cost is a factor, but it is easily offset by the efficient solving of a single high value problem.

The ability to respond quickly and with a graphical representation of the situation is crucial to finding accurate solutions.

Revu Bluebeam review by User

"Useful software for reviewing and commenting "

What do you like best?

I like that is has a great amount of options to edit and comment files. For me, it’s really useful because I can measure drawings, do mark ups, comment, transform files and many 2D and 3D options.

What do you dislike?

I would improve the compatibility with other apps so it is easier to save a file that can automatically be opened in this app. Also, I would like for the app tools to be easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is extremely useful if you are on the construction industry. It has a great variety of tools and options for a good and fair price.

Easy to mark up drawings and make comments. Consultants and clients can easily see what we want them to see. Easy to measure drawings.

Revu Bluebeam review by User

"Good PDF mark-up software"

What do you like best?

I like the fact you can copy-paste screenshots or external images straight into a PDF, to aid with mark-ups where more visual commenting would be more productive

What do you dislike?

The combine PDFs function is not as good as Acrobat DC, because you don't have the 3 quality option shortcuts in the bottom right hand corner of the interface. I couldn't find an output quality setting

Recommendations to others considering the product

It offers more mark-up options than Acrobat DC but the PDF combination tool is not as good, so decide what matters to you more and choose which software to use accordingly.

Combining multiple PDFs of varying sizes into document packages for issue to consultants, clients and the contractor

Revu Bluebeam review by User

"Bluebeam is on the go!"

What do you like best?

Runs on iPad and is very useful. We use it for ALL our PDF needs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It is a great app to have in the arsenal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. Get a trial and go for it. You cannot swim until you get wet. So, jump on in.

The need for using paper drawings is being replaced with REVU.

Revu Bluebeam review by Consultant

"Good Product - Moderate Learning Curve"

What do you like best?

The ability to send take-off to CSV file.

What do you dislike?

Setting up your tool box and navigation in a drawing page.

It provides a comprehensive way to do take-offs from PDF plans - is faster and more accurate.

Revu Bluebeam review by User in Design
User in Design

"Really useful and user friendly "

What do you like best?

I like that it’s so easy to use and it’s great to easily describe or call out specific aspects of a document.

What do you dislike?

I dislike its limited program compatibility options.

I’m able to solve miscommunication errors but I dislike that It’s not compatible with a Mac computer.

Revu Bluebeam review by Administrator

"Revu Bluebeam Review"

What do you like best?

Allows for cross collaboration between many different disciplines.

What do you dislike?

Lags when there are large files. This slows down reviews significantly.

Review of large drawings, CAD drawings, wireframes, etc.

Learning about Revu Bluebeam?

* We monitor all Revu Bluebeam reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.