Resource Guru Reviews & Product Details

Resource Guru Overview

What is Resource Guru?

Resource Guru is the fast, simple way to schedule people, equipment, and other resources online! Get full team visibility on one clever calendar. Lightening fast drag and drop scheduling lets you add, edit, move & delete bookings in seconds. Leave management makes it simple to manage vacation, sick days, maternity leave or any other types of time off for your resources. Our advanced clash management system prevents over-bookings and helps you stay in control. Personal dashboards are an easy way for people to quickly log in and know exactly what they should be working on for the week. Powerful reports allow you to monitor utilization rates and plan capacity, and there is no software to install or training required you and your team can get started immediately. Plans start from only $2.50 per person/month. Sign up now for a 30-day free trial.

Resource Guru Details

Resource scheduling software to manage your team's calendar

Resource Guru
2011
London, UK
@resourceguruapp
897 Twitter followers

Resource Guru Videos

Resource Guru Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Resource Guru community
Have you used Resource Guru before?

Resource Guru Reviews

Showing 81 Resource Guru reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Resource Guru?
Guest Experience Manager
What do you like best?

This system is so easy to set up and even easier to use. We use it to book courtesy vehicles for our four busy Service departments and it's proven a real game changer for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, it's fit for purpose. Hopefully in the future RG will have a shared calendar option, now that Outlook no longer offers that... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

RG is an easy-to-use, no fuss programme that our users absolutely love. Change of process in a business is always difficult, but changing to RG was simple and buy in from our team was immediate - now they can't live without it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In the past we used Outlook calendar to manage our courtesy vehicle bookings and it was a nightmare with staff deleting and changing each other's bookings; with RG users can only manage their own bookings so no more double booking, deleting etc. We haven't had a single complaint or issue since we started using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Project Manager
What do you like best?

I have been using for a few years now and Resource Guru is a really good software with easy and friendly interface. Since it was updated it got even better. You can add clients and project and move things around very easily with drag and drop functionality. The look and feel and their calendar is extremely helpful and clear. With RG you can schedule people and easily manage annual leave, sick leave, and hours dedicated to each task, client or project. We never required any sort of training and the whole team was able to start using straightaway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a Project view. To make it easier on the hours management on a project basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling people and managing their hours spent on multiple projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Its compact, organised , user friendly and I love that it shows current capacity as well as when a user is overtime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some fields are a bit repetitive or redundant, I also would like to be able to add a new client in the same section where you make a new project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think establish what your business needs are as well as what your team / employees struggle with. Most companies struggle with overworking their team or possibly having employees or complain that they are overworked but their deliverables do not match. The beauty of RG is that figures and hours don't lie, this is an extremely organised programme which enables you to have a holistic view of the business and productivity at all times across all departments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Capacity is a big one in our company, we like to ensure that we are not over working our staff and that also the business is getting a full productive day from its employees. The reports are very useful and we use them monthly in our operations meetings and make projections based off those reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Resource Guru of Resource Guru

Hi there, thanks for your feedback :) I wanted to let you know that you can also create projects and clients on the fly from within the Schedule - perhaps this could be a quicker option for you? You can find a walkthrough on this here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942064-creating-projects-and-clients

It would be great to know which fields you find a bit redundant; I'd love to share your feedback on this with the team here so we can consider it further. You can contact us on happytohelp@resourceguruapp.com. Thanks! Kat

Scientist
What do you like best?

The schedule is used most by me and it is easy to look through to see which of my colleagues have certain projects. I also like the fact it is easily colour coded and the filter function is useful to quickly search for certain people or projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't make the bookings within resource guru so I just use it to see what projects I have been booked on. This means I don't really have any aspect of it that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a clear way of viewing everybody's schedule and knowing what you have coming up in the future to be able to have planned and prepped everything you need by the time the project is due. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Resource Guru is a very intuitive, flexible, easy to use and straight-forward tool. It is visually appealing and not at all time consuming to complete. Finally, it also has an interface to Outlook (layered behind your actual agenda), which helps guide your weekly planning and reminds people to update their Guru when they see there's a mismatch between their planned and actual work. It does not necessarily offer capabilities that are impossible in Outlook or your ERP / timesheet tool, but the ease of use and out-of-the-box reporting capabilities are a big convenience.

Customer service is very friendly and helpful. Moreover, they are continuously working on their product such as improving the speed and stability and developing new functionalities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Possible downsides are the lack of integration from Outlook to Resource Guru, to automatically add events such as time off or holidays.

All other downsides we had when we started using Guru (more than a year ago) have been resolved in the meantime. Keep up the good work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a consulting firm, we have many different projects running at the same time with team members being planned on different concurrent projects. As our team size increased, we had more difficulty managing the memory- and Excel-based planning. Since we moved to Resource Guru, we manage to balance out the workload and have a much better overview of our employee's mid- to long-term capacity (1 to 3 months). Moreover, using the reporting capabilities, we are able to keep track of our budget vs planned resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Branch Manager
What do you like best?

I can schedule months out at a time. Nothing gets missed now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could limit the viewing of our field staff to just the upcoming week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! The one month trial will tell you what you need. Additionally, there was a considerable amount of push back from my staff. Change is so hard! I took their input seriously and they, though reluctantly, gave RG a shot. It has changed operations management for the better! Everyone loves it now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My company is a low voltage systems integrator. Before Resource Guru, we were using a whiteboard that showed the current week plus 3 more. Many of our jobs last longer than that. Since we could only plan 3 weeks at a time, jobs were falling through the cracks often. Now, when we win a job, it is scheduled immediately. It is so easy to move them once they are on there. RG also gives a visual reminder of who is on what job so we can keep them on it through to completion. This was a struggle with multi-phase jobs.

RG is the best scheduling assistant I have found in my career in construction management. Additionally, the support at RG is prompt and very helpful. I would recommend to anyone! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of EUC Architecture - ROW M&M
What do you like best?

Visually impressive and with an easy drag and drop approach. Resources are easy to schedule and track. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not really a dislike, but i would ideally like to connect my data to services such as PowerBI, but this capability needs more technical knowledge than I can bring to the table.

i would also like to be able to forecast resource availability based on skills, but at the moment this is a manual task, or have projects that are needing to be progressed, but pending resource to be allocated (i.e. project resource shortfall) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Resource Guru provides me an instant view of where my team are assigned, when they are next free and for how long. I cannot get this with our internal tools and it makes forward planning my resource utilisation very straightforward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Training Specialist
What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, it has color coding and it is accessible via browser. You can add bookings by duration or at specific times. It allows you to add recurring bookings and it has very useful filters to view resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That it cannot import from Outlook calendar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The user learning curve is not steep at all. It requires no install as it is accessible via we browser, so your team can access it anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has helped us organize the resources in our very complex team operations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analyst, Market Research and Lead Generation
What do you like best?

The dashboard gives a view of all staff and colleagues' activities and schedules. Ideal for scheduling tasks and activities remotely while in lockdown. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind immediately. When the daily schedule mail is incorrect? But that's not the Resource Guru's shortcoming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Resource Guru is a boon for scheduling work remotely during the prolonged lockdowns and work-from-home periods. I wish I had something like this 20 years ago when I had to manage the installation of IT Network equipment at 900 different sites all over the country. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Game Producer
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to modify people's assignments, to create projects and link them to clients. The non-billing feature is just perfect. If I have to say a top 3 of features, I'd say User experience, Interface and Customization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like the website to be updated automatically once someone makes a change. We usually have to refresh to see the changes any other did a few seconds ago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

People/Project assignment, vacations management, billing information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SAP Senior consultant
What do you like best?

The easiest way to find and look at the scheduling of the entire team or just the particular teammate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my daily use of the application, I don't find anything dislike me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have significantly improved the allocation of team members within ongoing projects.

The tool allows us to know in an agile and simple way when a person has tasks within a project, which allows us to anticipate and prepare the assignments for new projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AG
What do you like best?

The ease of booking resources and the simplicity of moving bookings and making changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When you make a long booking, the weekends are booked as well. e.g. If I booked a resource for February, I would see the booking going from the 1st of February to the 28th of February, including all the weekends. However, this is easily fixed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are after a scheduling tool that is extremely easy to use, visually great and provides all you would need for reporting, this is the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a much better understanding of the ratio of project work to BAU support work and how much work goes into each support service and project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Percy Stilwell of Resource Guru

Thanks for your positive review :) FYI weekends shouldn't be included in your bookings. This sometimes happens in rare cases where you intentionally end a booking on a weekend. Please contact our support so we can find out what's going on here and fix any issues for you. Thanks again!

Employer Branding
What do you like best?

The Report board, where you can easily see your info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing until now. It's everything ok for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you look for a place where you can easily appoint your working hours and stay aligned with your company, that's the right place! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pointing my working hours in a remote work model. It's convenient and easy to submit your worked hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Interactive Producer
What do you like best?

It's dynamic, drag and drop. Adaptions are easy made. Colors are helpful for a clear overview Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If a team is working together on a project, there is no tool to connect them, so if changes in planning are made, you have to do that separately for each persion, which increase mistakes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have multiple projects and persons who have to be plugged in on those projects, this tool gives you a clear overview and is very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planning by more managers for our departments is easy. You see realtime what resources are free. And the bookable persons have also a good overview what they need to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Resource Guru was the visual management tool we needed to understand what projects our team members were allocated to and for how long.

My favorite part about it is that is designed to work the way the real world works - people are allocated a certain % of time over a certain duration. If an end date changes, simply drag the end of the project bar to the new end date. Other tools made us update hours estimates in order to change end dates, which was a lot of useless busy work.

I also like the way projects can easily be color coded and filtered by color for easy categorization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The team at Resource Guru has intentionally kept it simple and basic, and have designed it very well.

I occasionally wish there were features such as actual time tracking. There's no status mechanism and no linkage or tracking of granular tasks or activities, so we use a different tool for that. This requires double entry, and every new project needs to be entered in two places. However, every organization does those tasks so differently that I worry if Resource Guru implemented them it might be done in an opinionated way that isn't how I operate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! It's simple to set up and get running, and perfect to keep high-level track of what projects and clients your team is working on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our projects last 2-12 weeks, and most team members have multiple overlapping projects at any given time. The team had grown to a size where it was no longer possible to keep track of that mentally.

Each time a new request for a project came to us, we struggled to know if we should say yes or no. Resource Guru solved that problem for us by offering a visual schedule for us. This tool has given us confidence to quickly make decisions about new projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Demo Artist & Trainer
What do you like best?

Guru sinks with different calendars, I can click on the links within Guru calendar or other calendars to reach data linked to events. I really like the ability to create filters and save those filters for other people calendars within my organization. Saves so much time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently, I have nothing here to dislike or help improve on. I've only been on Guru for a few months and it was a huge step from the previous way our scheduling team was handling schedules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you'd like a simple yet organized planning tool for you and/or employees then consider Resource Guru. Not only can I see my schedule but I Can see other employees schedules. Projects can be color coordinated to see who is on the same project and of course you can link these schedules to other calendars. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems being solved is I can look at any calendar to find a project and have a link to the project in Salesforce. Those are my top benefits too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing about Resource Guru is that everyone can see your schedule and is aware of his or her task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is having to remember at the end of the day how long you worked on each project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great tool that maximizes efficiency in your workforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time allocation towards different projects is probably the biggest problem that resource guru has solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplistic nature, it does everything that I wanted it to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not keen on the waiting list feature, however, I have not fully utilised it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you literally want a scheduling tool, then this is the software for you. It's simplistic nature appealed to me, I hate over complicated software! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

From going from no schedule, to this, it allows the project managers to future plan rather than be reactive! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easiness to add a booking.

Flexibility to update the booking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Each time it asks for login.

Would be better if able to set different target hours per employee instead of fixed 8 hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planning the projects in the pipeline effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ease of use, ability to integrate the output to other reporting tools, very user friendly for constant dynamic changes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

would like to see better reporting, more advanced reports

the pricing model is suitable for small companies, it gets pretty expensive for companies needing to manage 100+ resources Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

delivery team micromanagement, when few people work on many projects at the same time....great for solving allocation conflicts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's easy to filter, check, approve, or change among projects. The new schedule area is intuitive and improved with changes such as available time elastic or even the interface.

Beyond new features, report area is easy to use and fast to get an overview of any project / resource. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard area can improve as well, there is room for improvements such filters, alerts, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're a software house that needs to invoice customers by each 2 weeks. Guru is a great tool to keep an eye at the hours spent/remain. It solves our problem by giving visibility with time spent and customer reports.

Benefits that I've realized are: easy and intuitive to use, manage customers/projects in a quick way. Reports by resource/projects. View of time billed or non-billed, etc. It really turns possible to our operation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

It is the only software we have found that works well in the service business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see other views, like in calendar format as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to print to pdf and give to crew members to go about their work schedules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Loved that I was up and running with a project and users within 5 mins to demonstrate its usefulness in our organisation. The export features of all projects and data in spreadsheet format for use elsewhere is a fantastic and underrated feature.

Sync to a calendar is great too making it easy to sync to a dept calendar and the users don't even have to log in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Time tracking would be a useful addition.

Similar platforms implement a user required time entry confirmation.

Would also like to see mobile app companions for Android and Apple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it 30 mins with 1 real project and 5 real users and see how quick you can map that out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Resource Planning is our No 1 need along with retrospective time tracking. Resource Guru suits best because it doesn't require large amounts of metrics or data to establish a schedule that anyone can follow.

Speed is again the major benefit to me here.

We don't want a project tracking system that tracks the minute details. Rather, a holistic overview is far easier to follow and report on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Navigation and RESTful API are simple and best Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not exactly dislike. Having to use 2 REST API to get the description of custom fields while fetching the resource availability. if you can add description as well , it will reduce the need to look in the custom fields resource just for the description Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A one place with ability to have business specific information and to build our own custom reports by oursef Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One place for all resource allocation and availability and its very easy to custom information which are specific to our organisation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.