Redtail CRM Reviews & Product Details

Redtail CRM Overview

What is Redtail CRM?

Founded in 2003, Redtail Technology is a leading provider of web-based Client Relationship Management (CRM), compliant text messaging solutions (Redtail Speak), paperless office, and email archiving solutions in the financial services industry. The company is dedicated to helping advisors efficiently grow their firms by providing them with the core technologies that drive their day-to-day operations, offering low cost and easy to implement applications and integrating with many of the industry's most widely used applications. As a pioneer in the financial technology industry, Redtail is committed to providing advisors exceptional customer service and strives to contribute in meaningful ways to its local communities in California, Arizona, and Georgia. For more information, visit www.redtailtechnology.com.

Redtail CRM Details

Redtail CRM is a web-based, full-featured and easy-to-use client management solution designed specifically for financial professionals.

Our primary differentiators are our product itself, our pricing model, and our support.
In terms of the product, Redtail CRM was the first cloud-based CRM solution tailored specifically for financial advisors, and the financial services market is where our focus has remained. Redtail CRM is designed to streamline the day-to-day tasks that advisors and their staffs have to perform, and the tools and data fields present within Redtail apply specifically to advisor needs.
In terms of pricing, Redtail is a subscription-based service with free conversion of data from legacy CRM systems. Our monthly subscription fee is priced per database (which allows up to 15 database users) rather than per user.
In terms of support, we take a backseat to no one. Part of our mission is to create raving fans and we strive every day to do just that through the service and support we offer Redtail subscribers.

Redtail Technology
2003
Sacramento, CA
@RedtailCRM

Redtail CRM Reviews

Showing 115 Redtail CRM reviews
Already have Redtail CRM?
UF
What do you like best?

Our firm started using this CRM in early 2018 and we moved from Salesforce. It was recommended to us by the broker dealer we previously worked with because Redtail was promise to better for a financial and insurance services firm, which after using for almost 3 years, I have to agree with. Storing policy data is more seamless and fits us better. Salesforce seemed more like a general CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we can't integrate Redtail with Wealthscape or other programs that hold our brokerage and/or insurance. That way data from all the accounts could be viewed in the CRM instead of manually entering the data. We shouldn't have to require an assistant or intern to sit down for hours to manually type every policy's account number and I thought the method we used to input data (manually write a spreadsheet) was primitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please allow the CRM to be integrated more easily with other programs like Wealthscape and Morningstar. It would make things more seamless and easier to complete with wasting time on manually entering data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solved issues we've had with organizing data and finding account numbers in our book of business. Previously we referred a thousand page PDF file where we would press the "control + F" button to search for clients' names and find their accounts, which was completely primitive and a waste of time. Redtail has made it easy to find those account numbers, look up client profiles, store documents and notes that other employees can look up and to find what coworkers are working on related to certain clients if s/he isn't available. It's an extremely helpful tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advisor/Client Support
What do you like best?

The program is very functional. Any needs of documenting information are right at your finger tips. It is also cost effective in terms of time. I'm no longer having to transfer and format information from one place to another. It is also fun to use! I enjoy the layout, the colors, and the myriad of resources available to me. The tutorials were really helpful getting me acclimated to the site. Without the guidance of those instructors, I think I would be on the phone with customer service more than I would like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have to manually override the workflow because the system can't tell that the workflow are related. I also don't like the way reporting is done. If I want to count total clients (husband and wife for instance) I have to export the data, print it out, and count both people together. This just seems like more work than it needs to be. I also don't like the organization of the homepage. I don't like having the events in a small boxes. They need to pop out on the screen more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use ALL of its available features. Attend a seminar where their trainers walk you through all of the tips and tricks to get the most of the site. I was able to learn a lot through the actual doing of the work and activities. Also make sure to utilize the tutorials and how-tos which have me so much more confidence to start using the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How to be more efficient in solving problems and getting client projects done. I'm enjoying the process of streamlining all of my client interactions so that once a task is completed it knows exactly what workflow to choose next. I'm also moving away from the pen and paper method of documenting. I can create follow up activities based on the notes that I've taken for clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Redtail is so easy to use. It has a significant list of integrations that make workflows seamless. One integration I use daily is with Office 365. It takes the mobility already offered by Redtail to the next level. I can now run the office from my phone if needed. I have immediate access to information when needed. Redtail is the first thing I open when a client calls. It gives me a quick overview of where we are with a client and if anyone else in the firm needs anything from them specifically. It allows me to personalize my call when I know what is going on with them. Notes are invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to correct notes. Or give us the ability to add a follow up to a note after you hit save. Often I find that I have forgotten to click the box for a follow up and now don't have that note attached to it. I understand that this is a compliance issue but it would be nice to fix errors. Maybe some sort of time limit. Like within five minutes of adding the note. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that information is completed to the fullest. Having incomplete information in the system will slow you down. There are many ways to edit lists. Try to attend a Redtail University as soon as you can. It is very helpful when setting everything up and will alleviate many unnecessary changes in your future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves time and allows us the confidence to know that things are being tracked correctly. Compliance is one of the main aspects of my job. I am in charge of making sure everything gets recorded or archived. Redtail allows me to keep everything in one place. As they say "If it isn't in Redtail then it didn't happen". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Redtail is the Reporting Feature. It is very user friendly and makes efficiency a priority in the office. It is helpful to have a one-stop shop for all our clients details. The Customer Service is always available and helpful. I also throughly enjoyed attending the Redtail University last year. It showed me things I was not aware of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I have seen thus far is two things (mainly by users). If someone doesn't know how to correctly use the program, it makes it difficult to use Redtail correctly. I have difficulty with the Clean Up of the CRM. The other is when transferring in contacts from another program like "Pareto", we lost a lot of information or started getting duplicate information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend it to other users. The training opportunities and the highly helpful Customer Support team are very knowledgeable and efficient. It's been a great addition to our company. I also highly recommend viewing their helpful training videos and attending a Redtail University. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Workflow manager, E-mail Marketing, Bulk Actions Tool and the Reporting Tools help greatly with productivity in the office. The different search features (Keywords, Tag Groups, UDF's, Etc) make it easy and less time consuming to send out mass information to the right people. We use it for our Client Events and Reminders a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Manager
What do you like best?

The items that I like best about Redtail are the easy to use system, responsiveness of the support team, and the overall design of the platform. Since day one at my current company, Redtail has been so easy to use. We have a whole handbook dedicated to our Redtail design. Whenever I have an issue or questions, trainers and support staff are quick to respond and continue to check on the problem at hand. After attending RTU, I was pleased that whenever I was scheduled with a trainer, I knew who that person was. The overall design of the platform is also incredible. Nothing flashy and over the top. I also appreciate the responsive design if you zoom in or out on your desktop browser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When there is an error in the system or an overall issue, there is never a prompt notice to users that there is a bug. The pink unicorn, while unique, is scary looking! I don't know if this was by design, but he is not pleasant. I wish there was an alert or a banner that would display whenever there was an internal or external issue that caused the system to slow down or even not respond.

As a member of LPL Financial, there is an issue with syncing Redtail calendars with Outlook calendar. Something to with who is hosting our email, there has always been an issue with tracking client emails and syncing with the desktop outlook app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend REdtail as your CRM. They provide yearly conferences to meet with other users to learn more about the system. THis is also a great opportunity to put a face to the staff that helps answer your questions. If you are going to use it, i suggest doing it in waves. Don't jump into the deep end without first learning how to swim.. menaing don't use all the features all at once. Learn what will serve your buisness the best and go from there. Watch the training videos and seminars. attend RTU to learn more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Redtail, we are able to better communicate as a team. As a practice, we look at everyone's calendar to know where someone is and what type of meeting or appointment they are attending. The colors in the calendar section make is easy to quickly determine what type of activity someone is handling. Also, as the person in charge of events, I love the seminar section and how easy it is to track attendance and guests in one spot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Redtail is the center of our office. We use it for everything we do. I can't imagine how our office would function without it. I like how it updates in real-time and can be accessed from anywhere, including a mobile device. I like that it integrates with the other software that we use, so we never have to worry if things are up to date. The service team is very helpful and always gives great suggestions to whatever problems are arising, and the live training is really great as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit difficult to learn certain items. Also, communicating and getting the team on board with new initiatives can be tricky. The biggest struggle I have had is integrating the calendar with external calendars. There is a new feature that does this, but it hasn't always worked perfectly for me. I wish that Redtail had a built-in scheduling program similar to calendly, or just integrated with calendly better.

Redtail does offer a lot of great training, but sometimes it feels overwhelming because of how much it does. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! Also, never hesitate to call for help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking everything. Client meetings, notes from meetings, RMD, reminders, insurance policies. We also use workflows to help ensure we handle tasks consistently. We use it to categorize clients and ensure that tasks are being handled properly across the firm, regardless of who is doing the task. We also use it to track prospects and make sure opportunities are being followed up on, and not falling through the cracks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Redtail is very user-friendly and robust. Our former CRM was clunky, antiquated and slow. Redtail changed everything for us and we are so pleased with our decision to go with Redtail. We've been users for nearly 15 months and we couldn't be more pleased. Our business runs smoother and we have been much more productive. We would encourage all to give Redtail a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have a few issues with documents that are attached to a task being saved to a client file automatically. That does cause us a few challenges. We would like that to be an opt-in or out option instead of automatically saving each document attached to an activity being saved to the client file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time-management. Role and responsiblity delegation and follow-up. Tracking. Workflow management. Our entire level of production has increased by using Redtail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to have multiple offices and everyone having access to the same information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That Redtail Imaging does not have an alphabet "task bar" that can be clicked to get to a section of the alphabet faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really work the 30 day trial hard as it is worth it. You will know if you like it if you spend adequate time in the trial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All documents are digital and accessible from any location.

No more storage needs for paper files.

Financial Adviser is completing notes on time.

We can communicate and set tasks/follow ups for each other in an efficient manner.

Report generation based on data.

Ability to pull mailing lists and labels.

Ability to have templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The way you can assign tasks to individuals. Makes things so much easier to organize on a daily basis. Keeps appointments on schedule and makes them easier to be able know what is going on pithing the appointments themselves. We use the AUM to keep tract of incoming assets so that we know at all times roughly how much we have in AUM. WE enjoy that when a client does a riskalyze assessment, it automatically shows up in the client notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The data feed for the AUM does not always link up annuities which can be a pain to view clients portfolios. We would like to have redial possibly sync with individual annuity companies to see truly what AUM we have/ We try to use the data imaging but find it that we don't always remember they were upload. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Redtail is designed as a template, but depending on your individual work environment, you may have to tailor to fit your needs. But it does work!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time management, getting tasks done quickly. We may have as many as 6 appointments in a day, so the fact that redtail has integrated with note taking services means a lot to us. There are many times that these services allow us to put in notes in as little as 5 minutes, which redtail then intergrates. That can save us a lot of time trying to remember what the appointment was about. We also enjoy the calendar portion of the redtail. This allows us to see what appointments we have coming up or what tasks we need to get done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Advance search, import into excel, doc.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cannot import excel file to the Redtail ourselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like to see a documents on the same page with the client information. Without clicking on the side bar. Also, I would like to use RedTail for prospecting. It lacks features for prospecting.

Its very easy to use. The import feature works very well. You can search form thousands of record in a matter of second by using advance search option. Learn to record everything and you will see how it will help you ans save a lot of time.

The option of making quick list and tag groups is awesome. You can easily divide large number of data by making tag groups.

I went to the Redtail training last year and recommend everyone to attend it who is using RedTail. I have learnt so much with the instructors over there.

They have excellent support team. I always get my quarry answered with in an hour. One time they spent 2 hours with me on phone. I find their support team is one of the best so far.

If you are in a financial industry I would highly recommend RedTail because it is specifically made for you. You will find almost all the feature you need. You can combine with other soft wares as well which is a great feature. I tried Marketing Pro that worked pretty well for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves time. All the client info in a click. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Liaison/Insurance Agent
What do you like best?

Redtail is easy to navigate and easy to use, no matter your experience time with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that the only thing I dislike is the logout feature. After so long of being in an inactive state, Redtail logs you out. It also doesn't recognize when you have Redtail logged in, and open another tab in the browser. You have to log in when you open a new tab.

I also like that we didn't know about the phone extension option when we went with Redtail. Having the ease of accessibility and full record of calls from clients within the client profiles is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Allow browser to recognize when a Redtail tab is already open so it does not prompt user to log in again. It can become very frustrating to continue open tabs and have to log in each time.

I think it would also be beneficial to upfront provide information regarding phone extension. I assume that there are many other financial professionals that would appreciate the ease of accessibility of having a phone extension to record all of the data when clients call in and have a full record of that within the client profiles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to use Redtail extensions to import contacts daily into my Outlook email, which is beyond helpful. I can access Redtail on my phone where as other CRMs I have not had the ability to do so. Redtail provides extensive and in depth training to users, both new and experienced to further assist in the accessibility and usage of the CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

This tool is incredibly robust. Offers reports, CRM management, email capture and many other amazingly convenient operations. Plus the customer service is outstanding and that in my opinion is what makes or breaks the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Redtail CRM Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are the financial investment/planning industry and we can capture all our information for the client, attach documents, and integrate with other programs we use daily. It is exceptional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the convenience of adding more than one user to an activity at a time, allowing all to view what is going on. As well as the speak feature to allow compliant text messaging between clients and coworkers. Batch emailing is also a very useful tool to have once you get it set up. The personalization is endless for most features which makes it so much easier to work with. I really enjoy linking notes to an activity which shows you time, date and who wrote the note so you don't waste time asking who did what. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The batch reports are not very user friendly at this time and are very limited. It would also be nice if you could link more than one contact to a folder in redtail imaging for clients that are married and have joint accounts. It's inconvenient that you have to choose between one or the other when saving files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set a cut off date for old CRM and stick to it. Ask lots of questions and don't be afraid to play around and explore redtail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes it easier to review notes specifically for that activity as well as who left the note. Adding accounts and documents to an activity saves time hunting for things. After doing some training with Lisa I realize it's much easier to do reports when status and categories are set up. Adding and removing status and categories are easy and we can color code the calendar and personalize our preferences. Lisa was so wonderful and very patient going through everything with my team as well as having the phone conversation written down as there is a ton of info to retain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Volunteer
What do you like best?

RedTail Integrations have proven themselves to be the most beneficial part of this CRM program. There are so many options for outside services and applications that can link to RedTail, keeping all of your information stored in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the flow of navigation can be slow and inefficient. It can take a while to get used to mouse-click pathways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the support desk! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our firm has been utilizing Workflows very frequently lately. This is helping us to remain more consistent when doing client business by following various series of procedures that are provided to us in Workflows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Ease of use, tracking ability for follow up items, and mobile ability. No more daily downloading and reconciles, the companies that download are there and easy to link. Easier to create mailings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to change the view and title or boxes of the account screen but it is set. Unable to receive all vendors figures for client accounts. Some difficulty remembering how to do some custom reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this to anyone who needs to keep track of their clients information and follow up on tasks to maintain great customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Calendaring is much easier to view; we are all able to easily see the type of appointment that is set using color coding, mobile access is easier, easier to use overall for staff Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

RedTail CRM is intuitive and convenient and if there is anything that cannot be figured out it is very easy to access assistance and find a solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When you type in a name without attaching link to contact, the program will create a new user automatically which makes for duplicates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perhaps a bulk action for making contact information "primary". As well, to cut down on duplicates; perhaps placing a caveat when someone types in a name and doesn't click on the contact link below to connect it, which is what I find makes the duplicates. Thanks for considering! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The QuickLists and Tag Groups have been most beneficial with integrations for email lists to target specific audiences and clients according to their needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The usability of Redtail is leaps and bounds beyond my company's prior software. The look and feel is modern, simple, and user-friendly. Also, the service provided is fantastic. I am yet to ask a question or experience an issue that went unresolved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few shortfalls, but so far nothing beyond an inconvenience. For example, our old CRM color-coded employees on the schedule. Redtail cannot currently do this without needing a category for each employee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great. Zero material complaints so far. I have personally also attended a Redtail University seminar, which was of great value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our scheduling is much better, as is the ability to connect account balances to clients. What we can see simply by pulling up a client's page is highly useful. The automations are very useful, and so are all the reports you can run. I know there are many other efficiencies we are also not even taking advantage of at this point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Keeps very good records and is secure/compliant for our business. Very popular in our business and is very easy to train people how to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is very easy to train people how to use it because it is very basic. Doesn't really integrate with other technology that isn't commonly used in the Financial Industry. IE almost all current automating software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's not bad. It's good at keeping track of things but not much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is very easy to pull up client or prospective clients records and notes of previous conversations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Strategist
What do you like best?

Scheduling is really fluid. We deal in financial advising and do a lot of scheduling. This is the only tool we schedule with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app isn't great, and I find myself wishing the mobile app worked better for when I need to access the CRM on the go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a "one-stop shop" in a CRM, this tool is incredible. The scheduling is great and the prospect tracker is great. In all honesty, its all around the best CRM i've used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling is one of the biggest benefits. Also, tracking notes for clients and prospects has been great for a small team who uses the notes to keep track of where we're at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

After integrating RT w/ Outlook I use the Activities and find them the most helpful. Workflows are also becoming essential to our day-to-day processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Human error when inputting client inform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Follow-up activities have been key. I love I'm able to reschedule as needed when things haven't occurred...ie paperwork received from clients, transfers taking place, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Manager
What do you like best?

We love using Redtail as a firm. It optimizes our processes and permits for us to collaborate in an efficient manner. We love UDFs and Keywords to better customize our usage of the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Data coming in from Black Diamond is lacking EXTENSIVE fields. We get an account number, account balance and holdings, but nothing on the registration, account display name, etc, which can make identifying the correct account time consuming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review material prep, review scheduling, tracking of transactions, new client onboarding, meeting notes, etc. Everything we do for a client lives in Redtail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Operations
What do you like best?

The comprehensive and amount of detail we can capture about our clients and have it stored in one area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there are a few things that I would love if they could be a more customizable, for example, the next review first review section I had to come up with a time consuming work around to make it fit for the way we handle appointments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

keep track of little details that ultimately can enhance our client services. We stand out more when we can offer really personalized experiences for a large number of clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

The support team is accessible and I like the clear and easy lay out of the CRM Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to roll tasks over to the next day if they don't get done. The data breach last year was an issue as well and our company has since stopped putting data like SSN in the CRM Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to track communications with clients and have all their contact info and preferences in Redtail which cuts out added paper and saves time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is very user friendly for the end user, and also that it has seamless integration with third party vendors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have that much that I dislike about the system; any issues that I've experienced have been resolved with routine updates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to more effectively categorize our office database, including clients, vendors, and COIs. Also, we've begun to digitize our workflow processes, to ensure routine procedures are in place and running smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

This CRM has been an absolute lifesaver for our firm. Not only can we keep a detailed listing of our clients and client touches, but we can expertly pull data, run reports, and use mail merges to effectively communicate. Love it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a downside yet after using for 3 years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving our problem of effective document storage by using this platform to keep all of our records online instead of in s filing cabinet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Redtail CRM?

Redtail CRM Categories on G2