Rain Retail Reviews & Product Details

UR
What do you like best?

Cloud-based system with website and integrations such as Quickbooks make it easy to set up and start managing customers, loyalty, POs, calendar events. Also allows for email marketing which is a bonus not having to purchase from another vendor Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lacks some of the functionality that would allow the software to be used for restaurants. Also, as other reviews mention it lacks functionality around commission management and some of the employee management tools Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a simple POS system to help track sales, returns, inventory, ordering and loyalty it is a good solution. However, it is focused primarily on retail (not restaurants) and lacks a bit of functionality around commission management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Does a good job of managing customer loyalty, gift cards and providing simple email marketing abilities. Not using it for the inventory management capabilities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rain Retail Overview

What is Rain Retail?

ALL THE FEATURES YOU NEED Integrated into Rain's all-in-one system. CLOUD-BASED POINT OF SALE Manage inventory and make sales from any location, all you need is an Internet connection, Wi-Fi, or a mobile hotspot. E-COMMERCE Integrated POS & E-Commerce ensures that in-store and online inventory levels are always updated. RENTALS Rentals are integrated with your point of sale, so you can view and manage all aspects of rental transactions, from start to finish. SERVICES & REPAIRS Detailed service tracking synchs with your POS, allowing you to view and manage every service and repair, with automated notification sent to customers when work is completed. CLASS MANAGEMENT Convenient online class sign-up. Once a customer pays for your class, their seat is instantly reserved, and the number of available seats reduces. AUTOMATED MARKETING Send automated marketing emails and text notifications for new arrivals, top sellers, sale items, and upcoming classes. No need for third-party marketing services.

Rain Retail Details

Rain Retail is a web and cloud based POS software that allows you to track repairs, manage inventory, use text message marketing, and use social media to market your business.

Rain
2008
Springville, UT

Rain Retail Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Rain Retail community
Have you used Rain Retail before?

Rain Retail Reviews

Showing 16 Rain Retail reviews
Already have Rain Retail?
P
What do you like best?

It's a POS system and Web integrated!! Too many of my friends own fabric and wool shops and they have separate systems! So they have to go home every evening and update the web store to account for what was sold in the bricks and mortar shop! Nightmare!! Where as Rain Retail does it all. It's also linked to many of my vendors, so entering products is so simple! But because I'm a fabric and wool shop, they have systems designed for my shop, classes and kit making! I can cut fabric and make kits up to sell, so it will take the amount off my fabrics and turn it into a kit with a price! It's brilliant! I can run classes on how to do patchwork, and it adds it to a calendar, and makes it into a booking....it's brilliant perfect for my shop! Such a niche POS/Web system! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm based in the UK and whilst I absolutley love the system (I chose rain retail right from the start 5 years ago when I set up my bricks and mortar shop) There are a few 'character' errors. I have Dollar signs showing up instead of pounds, but this is inside the system and not what the public sees, so It doesn't bother me really and it's very minor. Just a shame when their attention to detail is outstanding on everything else. There is nothing else to dislike. If there is an issue, their call center or their easy email ticketing system is superb. Things get rectified quickly. In my 5 years of using Rain, I've only had one issue which I had to keep chasing them up on, and they did apologies and I even got a months subscription free. So they went a long way to make sure I was valued. I feel very valued and loyal. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you own a fabric wool shop, this is for you. Get your Web and POS system in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main one is web and store talk to each other. Customers can see my entire inventory online and see what I have in stock. I have saved so much time! I have saved a lot of money on web design and having a web site I can easily update, rather than another company having to do it and charge! My website is updated every day, or every week. It's linked to quickbooks and saves me accounting time. I love how it tracks your customers and you can see their history and easily see what they have had and you can follow trends. It's perfect for a small bricks and mortar shop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

M
What do you like best?

Really quick support, Reverb.com integration and the fact its very streamlined, our day is already a busy mess lol so the POS to be so well organized allows us to be as efficient as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything defaults as if I were in the United States. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I really research everything I do, and getting into a POS system was a huge leap for us and I really did my homework to ensure I did not make a bad decision and such un-sure times, If your looking for a high quality POS system Rain Retail delivers! We couldn't be any more happier with the performance thus far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

inventory management has been the big thing and being integrated with another sales platform, its a 3 point system for me, In house, website and Reverb.com shop. Benefits have been in abundance, I could mumble on forever, The biggest for me tho is just knowing where we are at, I feel like now i really know where we are at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The best thing about Rain is their ongoing development of tools that help us manage various parts of our business, such as classes, kits, and ecommerce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like a blog function to be available, and a more robust email marketing system, or to be able to easily integrate with a 3rd part email marketing product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rain helped us consolidate our ecommerce and POS into one system, which has been amazingly helpful. Their Classes module supports a big part of our business, and helps us keep track of class lists & material, and send automated or in-the-moment emails or texts to our students. Our ecommerce website is much more navigable than our previous platform, and we have seen increased online sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

retail store owner
What do you like best?

Help with set up was great. I know someone will always respond to questions and issues. The system has greatly improved the day to day running of our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes have problems finding products in the vendor catalogs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have not regretted investing in this system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a better handle on inventory and reordering products. The available reports are very helpful with bookkeeping and organization. Website management is easy even for someone with little experience in that area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

It is easy to use and the helpline is always super helpful in solving my problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a little bit more ways to customize the designs. I had to reach out for a whole new design (and they were great) but I’m more “hands on” in that way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend! User friendly and great knowledgeable team when you have questions! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company was shut down due to Covid and they were very accommodating with payment. We also reached out for a redesign that we absolutely LOVE! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customer support is friendly and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have had a problem with bugs but they have a new commitment to fix all bugs before any new features are addressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My site is very attractive and functional (with some bugs). Some of the bugs have been fixed. Others have been not but they say it is a priority to fix them. I will give an update in a few months.

They do have a great feature for quilt shops....fractional quantities. Anyone who sells fabric knows that is very important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Pos is in the cloud. Can access anywhere Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not always able to do what we need it to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integrated online sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

It's very hard to say what I like best! While the system is amazing, the customer service that goes with it is phenomenal. I enjoyed having a direct contact person for any questions. Devere Wilkey was my "guide" through the process and my weekly training and transition calls with her made the process of upgrading to the system possible for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing about the process that I disliked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing an inventory (fabric) that is very difficult to manage otherwise. I like to make kits, precuts, and samples and Rain Retail does all of the math for me. I also LOVE my new website and I did not think I would have a fully functioning and seamless online storefront within 6 months of opening my retail location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Zoom Meeting
What do you like best?

Software held to improve efficiency of inventory system. Up to date inventory count. Easy interface. It has bar code scanner as well. Many additional features like gift card management, discount management, electronic signature return management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Disappointed with integration limitations. Unable to integrate email marketing. Email features are their but not useful as it could be Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managed online sale and keeping track of my inventory. Managing retail business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Integration - at a level that small businesses, like interdependent music stores, would not be able to achieve without RAIN.

I call it the "I should be in there" effect. When you ask a customer their name or phone number, and they say they've been here before - except that was a rental account, not a repair, or a sale, or a rent to own,or a lesson account, or a website purchase, layaway.... With RAIN all of those truly use one customer database! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As of now, mid 2018, there are some missing enhancements I would like to see. One example would be that layaway sold items are not reduced from your inventory until paid in full and picked up - a very addressable issue. You might refer to it as a very "1st world problem." Another missing ability is transferring serialized inventory pieces. Serials transfer but you are not prompted to select which serials of that item you are sending to the selected location. They have stated plans to add this ability eventually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A primary concern for our business was tracking inventory levels at our two locations instead of constantly making voice calls while trying to help a customer or creating a reorder list.

RAIN provides you with a web store website that we find draws our local customers much better than a typical small business infosite website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Cloud based point of sale allows for so much flexibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Still features that are needed or are broken and need to be fixed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had major problems using a server and client setup. If the server had issues, all of our locations would be down. With Rain, the power can go out and you can keep going on your cell phone if you need to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AU
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. Training was a simple procedure and I enjoy working with support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features that roll out tend to have some glitches but they fix it in a timely manner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rain helps me manage my inventory. POS. and Website all in one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

Every time I come across something that Im not sure of, I can call their customer service and they have an answer for me every time! Even when they are busy and I have to leave a message, they get back to me that same day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are a little smaller than some companies so for software updates that we are suggesting or program upgrades that we would like to see for our particular business it takes a little time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They make it super easy to to translate your POS to website inventory for those who are not sure how to do it themselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are gaining the online exposure to outside markets we would normally not reach without our website we have through Rain Retail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

We have been using Rain Retail for over two years and are super pleased with it. Rain provides us with our web site, POS, online store and inventory management all at the same time for one reasonable price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, Rain responds to questions usually within an hour! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend Rain to anyone looking to change their web site and/or POS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having our web site and POS all in one lets everything run smoothly and since it's cloud based we're able to run our POS right from our charter dive boat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This is a great product, it has lots of potential. They are bogged down right now by converting customers from another site they purchased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Poor customer service, owner of the company told me I was being difficult. This was after they missed the go live deadline for 5 months. Of course I was being difficult it's now been 4 times longer than you told me to finish this project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wait a few more months at least to sign up with them.

I waited 7 months to go live and had been told 2. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its great for integrating the Storefront and online POS System inventories, saves a lot of time. Once over the initial hurdles of setup it has been a better transition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use, simple interface, no issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it was difficult to show others how to use if they're not tech savvy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My company is trying to establish an interface with databases Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.