QuickBooks Online Reviews & Product Details

QuickBooks Online Overview

What is QuickBooks Online?

Easy Online Accounting to Organize Your Finances in One Place. Run your entire business with the #1 small business cloud accounting solution!

QuickBooks Online Details

Easy Online Accounting to Organize Your Finances in One Place

QuickBooks Online is the global leader in cloud accounting. It offers an ecosystem of integrated solutions that make it easy for small businesses to run their entire business. QuickBooks Online provides a simple, integrated view of how money flows in and out of a business.In October, 2014, Intuit announced over 100 enhancements to the QuickBooks Online ecosystem, including:
· Making accounting seem invisible for small businesses because the time-intensive work of keeping the books organized happens automatically every time an invoice is sent, a customer makes a payment or an employee gets paid.
· The best platform for small business apps such as Square, PayPal, and 400+ others that work seamlessly with QuickBooks Online through deep data integrations that provide small businesses with a unified view of their finances.
· Revolutionizing the way accounting professionals work with their small business clients because the books are always up-to-date.

Intuit
$6,784
@Intuit
12,310 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

From Intuits flagship products Quicken, QuickBooks & TurboTax to Mint.com, our end-to-end solutions stand as testament to our commitment to revolutionize the way millions of people manage small businesses, payroll, accounting, and personal finance.

QuickBooks Online Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the QuickBooks Online community
Have you used QuickBooks Online before?

QuickBooks Online Reviews

Showing 718 QuickBooks Online reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have QuickBooks Online?
Film Prod
QuickBooks Online
President
What do you like best?

We use QBO for multiple businesses and one specifically where we fully take advantage of the Estimate, Invoice, and PO functions. This all works seamlessly and helps us to stay organized. Best that all those features are in one single service allowing us to work quickly. Being able to quickly view the status of the business from a web browser or phone app, makes things a lot less stressful. Having an accountant keep all the information can sometimes be tough depending on how much you need to interact with your data (like categorizing expenses, or managing estimates, invoices, and PO's). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the cost and the fact that you must pay a subscription plan for each individual business. This can be tough for smaller businesses just starting out. When compared to the desktop version, it is a one-time fee and the desktop version can host multiple businesses. To try to manage these costs, we have moved some of our QBO instances onto the desktop version run by our accountant. QBO cloud features are not all necessary for standard accounting. So if you need simple accounting, I would stick to the desktop version, or better yet, try to use the desktop version and let your accountant manage it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you really need an "in the cloud" solution. If you're simply trying to categorize expenses, give the desktop version serious consideration, much cheaper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Outside of standard accounting, we are able to buy and sell products using the Estimates, Invoices, and PO functions of the Plus plan in QBO. To have all of these functions in other accounting services is not competitive. These tools help us track costs across the business. Being able to convert estimates to invoices, and then in invoice settings be able to charge a percentage of the total or a percentage of individual line items offers a lot of control and flexibility. This helps when billing customers/clients for either products (buying wholesale and selling retail) or for services (allowing to charge for a deposit up front and then charging for the remainder when the job is complete). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accountant
What do you like best?

In Quickbooks online one of the best part is it's integration to different software through API, and its own receipts section when we can upload transitions receipts and QuickBooks automatically accounted receipts as Bills/Expenses.

Inventory management is also quite better in QuickBooks online, For example Tracking for Inventory is easy through sales and COGS Books,

Reconciliation : Monthly Bank statement is very easy and quick process in QuickBooks online related to other software like Xero, Sage Etc.

Reporting Sections: Reporting Section is very Broad and Summaries in QuickBooks Online and it provide all types of reports, Like Individual legers, Multicurrency ledgers, Summary accounts, Cash flow as summary/Details, AR Ageing Details/Summary and AP Ageing Details/Summary etc.

Invoice emailing feature : One of the best thing we can send directly invoices and ask for payments to customers from QuickBooks online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have given 8 as recombination because some demerits as below:

1) Multi Currency Balance sheet, - QuickBooks online only shows , Closing balance on its base currency or Multi currency amounts not shown, also it is very hard to track realize currency gains/losses.

2) Slow works: Even i have a 100mbps internet connection i feel that QuickBooks online works very slow or page loads take time in comparison to other Accounting software's like Xero, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the Best feature of QuickBooks online is its receipts section which can allow us to auto accounting, Just like receipt bank. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The business snapshot and the instant reports that can be generated are probably the best feature. You're able to tell at a glance how your business is doing. Sort of like taking its pulse. The reminders are helpful too, especially with payroll, and monthly and quarterly tax reporting. It also syncs with your online state and federal tax payment portal and you can pay your quarterly and monthly taxes with a click. You can run any number of a plethora of reports available ranging from P&Ls, Balance sheets, payroll costs, accounts payable/receivable, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of things can be edited. Specific line items in invoices (eg. SKU can not be edited to UPC, etc). Not very beginner friendly - took me over a year to truly master it. The chat feature for support doesn't work half the time, and it takes up a LOT of ram - so much so, that you have to close down the window about 20 min into your session just to clear the cashe or it will freeze up. If you want to add payroll, automated payroll, live bookkeeping, etc - That's also extra. Generally it could be slightly more user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're not familiar with GAAP or Accounting in general, I'd highly suggest brushing up on. them or taking an accounting course before jumping into Quickbooks Online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've gained the ability to have an instant pulse on my company and know who owes me at a glance, and can customize the home screen to show my revenue per month or quarter and where I stand currently with A/R, A/P, and payroll etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The number of report options and customization of those reports to fit the needs of our business. I need to create reports for a variety of entities every month. Being able to customize and streamline that process is critical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It drives me crazy that I cannot filter for future invoices on a client's profile. You can only filter for past dates. We frequently schedule future invoices for a customer's total multi-year contract. I also would love it if I could right click on an invoice from this page and open in a new window. I hate having to constantly use the back button to navigate back after opening an invoice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An efficient well organized Chart of Accounts and reporting is imperative from the first set up. Consider working with a professional QBO consultant when designing your organizations structure and accounting processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One major benefit of QBO is that it seems to be a universal standard in accounting for small to medium businesses. That makes communication between entities much easier and consistent. Additionally having experience with QBO is a highly desired/marketable job skill. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Finance and Accounting
What do you like best?

The dashboard is amazing and gives a visualised experience. Also the interface to uplaod multiple transaction is really helpful specially for a large data entry. The ease of Accounting and Data upload facility is also good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software lacs shortcuts which increases time of the user and certain function which can run with combination of keys. It is slightly slow as compare to other accounting software like SAP or Oracle Netsuite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

QuickBooks is helping our organization mainly in streamlining our Accounting and Financial Processes. Multiuser access, document upload and user control are some of the very nice features. QuickBooks is solving the business problem of Reporting. It has various Reports which can give Real Time Business Analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate
What do you like best?

What I liked best about the software is that it's easy to use. You don't need to be an accountant in order to know how to use QBO. I was able to record journal entries and find financial statements fairly quickly. I'm able to work fast because if I needed to replicate a journal entry for a monthly use, I am able copy the journal entry from a prior period, all I need to do is to date the dates. I also like how you can double click an account and there is a breakdown of all the numbers you need to know. Reconciling the bank has never been easier, you just record your journals and check off the boxes and as soon as the difference becomes zero you are good to rec the bank or account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about QBO is when I was trying to look for a certain journal entry/transaction from the general ledger. It was very hard because when it's a big file and you're going line by line sometimes you lose your spot. QBO does not highlight any of its transactions and sometimes, I would have to start over from the top which was a little annoying. Also, I noticed when I'm at a certain spot on the general ledger and I click on a transaction and want to go back to the previous page, it jumps back up all the way to the top and I lose my spot again. Another problem with QBO is you cannot open two things at the same time. I have tried and I always lose one of them off the screen. I have tried to login into QBO, one on Google Chrome and another on Internet Explorer in order to compare two financial statements side by side, but it would log me out. It would be great if that could be fixed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

QBO is one of the cheapest accounting software out there. If you are down between Sage and QBs, I'd choose QBs or QBO. It's almost the same, but there's price difference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems I'm solving with QBO is reconciling the bank monthly for our clients. We also do bookkeeping and record all of their transactions for a certain entity, in order to get their financials ready for year end for when we need them to file their tax returns. We also do quarterly bonus calculations, where we need to use the financials for our compensation model. The benefits that I've realized is, QBs automatically calculates all the numbers for you, you just need to record them correctly. It's less work for you were originally working off an excel. Also, when i need to pull financials I can just export to Excel or PDF, which is very convenient. It usually takes seconds, but with bigger files, obviously it's going to be a little longer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The Support! Especially if you have the Advanced product or whatever it is they are calling it these days.. It's well worth it even if you just were to use it for one call a year, its that good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The granularity of the authorization scheme leaves a lot to be desired. I can't allow different features to be used only by certain people the way I'd like; only the way QuickBooks allows for which is not nearly what I need. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The ease of understanding who did what when (i.e. audibility) could use some help as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The support and training that comes with the Advanced version are very worthwhile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Don't use it for much beyond that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I like that Quickbooks Online has a lot of functions and allows integration to other apps. Nice platform that integrates most accounting tasks all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't mark POs as "paid" or link credit card charges to the POs. Also, the options for changing the templates are pretty limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend Quickbooks Online to small or medium sized companies. It's pretty user intuitive and has a ton of features that help streamline accounting related work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to create POs and bills, track expenses, and generate reports all in one place is super convenient. It's also nice that other apps can be linked like Bill.com so that there's no lapse in data when going back and forth between platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use portal that allows you to keep track of invoices, customers, and inventory all in one place. Love that you can send invoices and Purchase orders directly through the system for both ease and visibility. The reports function is also a great way to gather necessary data and export for use in excel for further analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The site can be “glitchy” at times, which can sometimes interrupt workflow and decrease efficiency. It also doesn’t have some more robust features of a true WMS, I.e. you can have “manufactured” items in the system with child parts and parent SKUs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Invoicing, PO placement, customer info management, item/ product management. The ability to house this information all on one location. Quickbooks allows us to track invoices and issue PO's to factories in China, which would otherwise have to be done manually via email. It's also one of two main systems used to house all of our information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ops Manager
What do you like best?

Easy, simple and reliable. Does what you need, and a lot of effective integrations. The mobile application is great. I recommend it to many people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not have all the reporting that others have. I also think from time to time the method for getting good graphs is limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have an easy time with most of it, and I don't need to spend a lot of money in accounting. It allows me to share information with my co-workers and partners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I like that users can access our files from different locations...we are a small business that have people working in different states. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am one that lies to buy a program and just own it rather than pay monthly fees, but almost everything is that way now. I know our accountant complains about somethings when she send me reports, but for what i use it for it works great ;) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It unlinks with bank accounts occasionally so I have to go in and log back in for our book-keeper. While that can be annoying, it is also nice knowing I can control which accounts are linked and keep my passwords safe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

It is very easy to reconcile the bank and credit cards as our simple requirements are not too simple for the Quick books interface as I feared Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to use the other programs as the memory required must be big but the Alano Club have old computers with only 2 mg of memory, I believe. I am impressed by the customer support folks that were able and wiling to help me without additional charges. Thanks for the impetus to upgrade without huge pressure. In light of COVID, the Alano Club has had almost zero income for 3 months so I appreciated the ability to use an old version of the computer nevertheless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please set up the accounts and make each project independent as that will make your lives easier. It is important to look at in kind donations as we use a lot of volunteers that help with some grant projects when you track their time and energy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a simple process to allocate expenses to specific fundraiser and grant projects and thankful for the interface to work with our CPA. We got an audited financial statement for our non profit and that is huge for us and I appreciate the ability to network with the CPA with Quicken. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Straightforward interface, quick to load, cloud based available anywhere. This is really quite simple to setup and use with basic customization options and stock control features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lacking in many features and seriously short of customization options when it comes to generating paperwork. Examples include inability to use bundles when automatically creating invoices using the import option, no types of sales orders (where stock is allocated but invoice not generated yet), no type of inventory planning or forecasting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unfortunately, the options for cloud based accounting software are limited and none of the options tick all the boxes. Expect to have an almost complete experience with QBO but you'll have to compromise Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Remote access to books by multiple stakeholders at the same time. Small business accounting made easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AV
What do you like best?

Low cost, and compatible with most other systems. A lot of accountants know how to use Quickbooks, and because it is so popular there are a lot of integrations possible. If you are a freelancer they have a reduced rate plan that handles most things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Accountant access is limited and restrictive. Not all accountants have qbo accounts. We had this issue when our external accountant was going to review our QBO files for tax purposes, I just created an accountant user for them, but they still couldn't access because they themselves didn't pay for an accountant license to Intuit. That's really not okay. We're paying, for our license, so should have the ability to work with accountant of our choice. For those collecting sales tax, I wish there was a way for QBO to offer a service to handle state submissions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be willing to be hands on, support isn't great, and there is a steep learning curve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easier accounting and tracking of expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Manager
What do you like best?

I love that I can see the separation of where the money is being spent inside the business and pau outs for laborers and entrepreneurs. Month to month reoccurring solicitations for customers who pay an identical month to month. Simple following for installments got from customers. Simple to peruse month to month reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't that much distinction between the section level bundle and in this manner the in addition to the bundle, at that point ensuring bundle up includes huge amounts of highlights that a lot of independent companies don't really require. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Generally, I wasn't excited about it I wound up returning to making my own one of a kind spreadsheets and following things my own special way since I was unable to include everything Quickbooks needed to gracefully. I'd have felt distinctively in the event that I had an instructional exercise or walkthrough while in transit to utilize it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a Mac client, QuickBooks Online was my solitary choice. Since having it, my business has never run smoother. this is regularly a fantastic program at a brilliant cost. Quickbooks has been our essential organization programming and work apparatus since the beginning. Since the time we began utilizing the refreshed adaptation of Quickbooks 2020. Our errands and thusly the manner in which we utilize it's become at the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Online is one of those web-based accounting devices that, as a totally innovative planning, you initially keep the organization of costs, invoices and sales all in a very well structured place. Before I understood the importance of keeping expense documents in control of everyone in the department, I was using an Excel spreadsheet with a lot more work and delays. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The application is really restricted in what can actually be done when trying to manage your accounts on the go. The synchronized access to my current account continues to be eventually disconnected and I also often need to reconnect them, which is frustrating and exhausting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you plan to do your own auditing or simply don't have the funds to pay for a team of accounting professionals, I advise you to learn exactly how to set it up, as well as how to use the features that help your company look more professional. I would not recommend QuickBooks Online for those who demand even more personalized and durable functions for payroll and reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we have more needs to update the controls and create reports, sometimes we need to go ahead with other work outside of QuickBooks, as errors occur and we have to try later. This is absolutely something that QuickBooks needs to improve, as this can create a bad image in the long run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

QBO is great from the portability and 24/7/anywhere access. It's also great that it doesn't have to be updated like the desktop version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On the accounting side, I don't feel like QBO is user-friendly. It will also have glitches for our clients, specifically around adding sales tax to invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

QBO does solve the issue of clients having to send us an accountant's copy of the books. Being able to stay up-to-date is very helpful-no more waiting on the clients to send it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Great software to use to manage clients daily invoices and reconciliations. Able to help manage keep a client's daily tasks. We had a number of small businesses that picked us to handle their everyday tasks. Easy to use and lots of help if stuck on certain parts of the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, it is a very able software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great tool to manage small businesses and personal things. You definitely need to make sure you learn how to operate it because there is a lot to it. Everything connects to each other. It helps handling a lot of things you normally would have to do by hand. I would definitely reccommend this for small businesses. Great software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it to reconcile their bank accounts to make sure things are correct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer, AVP
What do you like best?

It is enriched with all powerful and latest smart tool in order facilitates you in running business smoothly. It has streamlined our business just by helping us in managing books, sending invoices, running payroll and managing expenses. The biggest benefit of Quickbooks online is that you can easily have grip on it without having particular accounting experience. Its cloud based ability saves you heap of your precious time that needs to be spending on dealing with local personal computers by keeping most critical information of your business safe and secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am more than happy with all of its splendid features. It means a lot to me. It gives all the solutions to all whole accounting related issues. It provides sufficient customer support for satisfying users with it responsive capabilities. So far there is nothing to be like least about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will let you work more conveniently. It comes up with all amazing features just like the ease of setting up bills. There are so many excellent tutorials available that may be helpful for you. Just give a try, you will love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quickbooks online is the excellent accounting software for managing your business effectively regardless of place and time. It saves our important time. It has won our hearts with its matchless accounting features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Management Accountant