QuickBooks Online Reviews & Product Details

President
Public Relations and Communications
What do you like best?

Easy to buy and it's very affordable. But that's about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I tried switching to QuickBooks a while back and was quickly frustrated. You have to be a CPA to implement it. I am a SMB, and I like to do these things myself. Also, I had some major difficulties importing clients from another platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around. There are a ton of great cloud accounting packages out there at a variety of price points. Just because QB is the biggest, doesn't make it the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

QuickBooks Online Overview

What is QuickBooks Online?

Easy Online Accounting to Organize Your Finances in One Place. Run your entire business with the #1 small business cloud accounting solution!

QuickBooks Online Details

Easy Online Accounting to Organize Your Finances in One Place

QuickBooks Online is the global leader in cloud accounting. It offers an ecosystem of integrated solutions that make it easy for small businesses to run their entire business. QuickBooks Online provides a simple, integrated view of how money flows in and out of a business.In October, 2014, Intuit announced over 100 enhancements to the QuickBooks Online ecosystem, including:
· Making accounting seem invisible for small businesses because the time-intensive work of keeping the books organized happens automatically every time an invoice is sent, a customer makes a payment or an employee gets paid.
· The best platform for small business apps such as Square, PayPal, and 400+ others that work seamlessly with QuickBooks Online through deep data integrations that provide small businesses with a unified view of their finances.
· Revolutionizing the way accounting professionals work with their small business clients because the books are always up-to-date.

Intuit
$6,784
@Intuit
12,310 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

From Intuits flagship products Quicken, QuickBooks & TurboTax to Mint.com, our end-to-end solutions stand as testament to our commitment to revolutionize the way millions of people manage small businesses, payroll, accounting, and personal finance.

QuickBooks Online Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the QuickBooks Online community
Have you used QuickBooks Online before?

QuickBooks Online Reviews

Showing 2,480 QuickBooks Online reviews
Showing 2,480 reviews
Already have QuickBooks Online?
Contracts and Compliance
Film Prod
QuickBooks Online
Executive Director
Client Services Coordinator
What do you like best?

Quickbooks Online makes life a bit easier when new to the world of online invoices. They offer cloud storage. Which is more secure than other companies out there. YOu do not need to purchase an upgrade every year. With Quick books online you never have to worry about using outdated software. Hassle-free access from different devices makes it easy to keep books on the go. The offering of how-to videos and classes that are available to access online. Quickbooks also makes doing payroll such a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the update locations of different areas change and can be hard to find. That you need a download of the desktop suite which costs extra to have information on your hard drive. If the internet is down or no cell service you can not access your information until you are back online. That you must use their template designs to create one and they do not offer a custom upload. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are new to Quickbooks make sure you do the classes offered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transfering of business between previous owners and new owners, so that the switch is seamless and more time-efficient. Keeping updated on all late payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the feature that tells you your total payments year to date as well as breaking it down for you. I like that you can log in and there is a record of what you have been paid in each period, YTD, or even years past. I like that you can see clearly how much was taken out for taxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish each payment could have a title associated with it. For example, I wish it would be labeled which payments are for recurring paychecks, and which are for bonuses, etcetera. That is the only section I that I think could somewhat benefit from an improvement. Otherwise, I have no dislikes! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can make an account and log in to see all of your paychecks historically - both YTD and in other years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employees are all sent their paychecks virtually and can more easily keep track of them. Not just for the current year, but all years past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I love the interface, it is so user-friendly. for any type of data entry the window is the same and so facilitate any repetitive entries. Also the integrated calculator is very useful.

I also love the short-cuts that are available, anywhere you may be navigating, it is so readily available.

The reports are also amazing to work with, I can create whatever reports I may need according to the financial needs. I love that there are always a link to a new report to detail a number on a report, makes it easy to do in depth research and analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Trying to call QBO support - When I call it is because I have an issue that I can't fix, usually it means support will have to create a ticket for my issue... So when I need to call, I don't like spending minutes looking for the number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reporting is a must in our business, we have different division and we need to keep track of the health of each division. and so reporting is essential to evaluate and analyse where time need to be spend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Key Account Manager
What do you like best?

QuickBooks Online helps me to generate the invoices and receipts based on the real time information. Now it is very easy for me to check the authenticity of the invoices because this tool has filled the gap between our project estimation department and finance department. In addition in can also track back any transaction and particular expense record through this tool the expense management has become quite simple and comprehensible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is fully featured program with most efficient features and functionalities. It keeps on providing advancement in my daily work I really appreciate its customer support which provides professional and skilled services.http://www.krka.biz http://www.krka.biz http://www.krka.biz Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are in search of an excellent tool that can fulfill your all accounting requirements then you must give it a try because it keeps everything that is necessary for an accounting software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can easily handle the taxation based on the finance recovery that is only possible due to QuickBooks. One of the best things is that it is cloud based application so I am not at all worried about the data storage as I can easily convert it on the other clouds in terms of software integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President of Business Development
What do you like best?

Nothing. My life has been harder since purchasing QB SMB instead of easier. The API with my bank is broken -- I have to log-in every time I get into QB and the API tries to set it up like it's the first time -- and QB says it's my bank and my bank says it's QB. The Payroll module has never worked, I've never done one payroll run because it doesn't have any data from T-Sheets (also a QB product) included and their "fraud" team put a hold on the use of my account because it didn't have enough information from my bank despite the fact that we've submitted everything required. I will NEVER use QB ever again. In fact, I want my money back and I'll likely end up in small claims court in order to get it back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything. It's the worst product I've ever used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Funny enough, I've actually managed to make life harder for my business because of the lack of functionality. I mean, it's so bad that the number they tell you to call so you can cancel tells you that the number isn't active anymore. Same thing for the payroll module, the number it tells you to call to clear the fraud hold doesn't even work. It's a freaking joke for $150/mo + $75/mo for payroll + $30/mo for T-Sheets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

We use QBO for multiple businesses and one specifically where we fully take advantage of the Estimate, Invoice, and PO functions. This all works seamlessly and helps us to stay organized. Best that all those features are in one single service allowing us to work quickly. Being able to quickly view the status of the business from a web browser or phone app, makes things a lot less stressful. Having an accountant keep all the information can sometimes be tough depending on how much you need to interact with your data (like categorizing expenses, or managing estimates, invoices, and PO's). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the cost and the fact that you must pay a subscription plan for each individual business. This can be tough for smaller businesses just starting out. When compared to the desktop version, it is a one-time fee and the desktop version can host multiple businesses. To try to manage these costs, we have moved some of our QBO instances onto the desktop version run by our accountant. QBO cloud features are not all necessary for standard accounting. So if you need simple accounting, I would stick to the desktop version, or better yet, try to use the desktop version and let your accountant manage it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you really need an "in the cloud" solution. If you're simply trying to categorize expenses, give the desktop version serious consideration, much cheaper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Outside of standard accounting, we are able to buy and sell products using the Estimates, Invoices, and PO functions of the Plus plan in QBO. To have all of these functions in other accounting services is not competitive. These tools help us track costs across the business. Being able to convert estimates to invoices, and then in invoice settings be able to charge a percentage of the total or a percentage of individual line items offers a lot of control and flexibility. This helps when billing customers/clients for either products (buying wholesale and selling retail) or for services (allowing to charge for a deposit up front and then charging for the remainder when the job is complete). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I really like that Quickbooks connects with my bank accounts, so I do not have to manually input any transactions. It takes the laborious work out of the equation. I also use the mobile app to scan receipts right away, and then I throw away the receipts since I know they are stored digitally in a reliable space. In addition to this, QuickBooks automatically matches the receipts to the charges, so I can simply approve and the work is done. As easy as 1-2-3! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult for my accountant, who uses QuickBooks desktop, to use the QuickBooks Online version because of the vast differences between the two. I wish the features were more similar so you can easily switch between both. Other than that, I have been extremely happy with QuickBooks Online! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am making the accounting for my small business substantially more easy than it would be without QuickBooks Online. I am saving time due to the fantastic integration features, and I am keeping my books in order every single day. I know a much more accurate profit and loss, balance sheet, and more because of the simplicity and accessibility of the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

National Human Capital Executive
What do you like best?

I like everything the QuickBooks Online has to offer. This software is easy to navigate, customer service is US based and ready to help me solve any issues or help I need. This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations. From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with QuickBooks. What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I like everything, no complaints at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This accounting solution will truly help simplify all your business needs. I highly recommend QuickBooks Online Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving a few different issues with my family owned business; I take full advantage of the time and attendance- TSheets, QuickBooks Online accounting, compliance, payroll Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accountant
What do you like best?

I like that QuickBooks offers an app version of the software as well as other apps that work with the software to provide benefits that QBO itself cannot provide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the report feature. I like the desktop version better where you can have different tabs open at the same time. In QBO you have to keep opening the report and customizing it to what you want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this for a small business that doesn't need an accounting software for major or traditional things that QuickBooks Desktop offers. However, QBO does offer things such as automatic sales receipts, split transactions, scheduled invoices, and location and class categories that are not offered in the desktop version and are helpful for some types of businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clients have been able to import their bank feeds and easily reconcile their bank accounts which is very helpful. Clients have also realized that QBO is somewhat simpler to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

This software allows me to create the invoices and receipts based on real time data. It can easily keep an eye on all the payments and bills as it provides me all the information of customer’s transaction. It leads my online business to a right direction as it has bridged the gap between estimation department and finance department. This software is mobile friendly I can use it through any device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software sometimes gets slow. Most importantly customer service is needed to be improved. When being used from the mobile phone, all the features are not available. Online support should be efficient. The sending and receiving of money sometimes gets late which needs to be quicker. More integration with different banks should be done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To bring harmony between production department and finance department I found this software pretty attractive. For the proper growth of your business one should use QuickBooks Online that has made accounting easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Due to QuickBooks Online accounting has become so simple for me .The way it keeps record about every transaction has made my work more simple and easy. This helps me to manage my finance in a unique and effective way. It has reduced my paperwork as the whole data of the employees is stored in separate folder on this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accountant
What do you like best?

In Quickbooks online one of the best part is it's integration to different software through API, and its own receipts section when we can upload transitions receipts and QuickBooks automatically accounted receipts as Bills/Expenses.

Inventory management is also quite better in QuickBooks online, For example Tracking for Inventory is easy through sales and COGS Books,

Reconciliation : Monthly Bank statement is very easy and quick process in QuickBooks online related to other software like Xero, Sage Etc.

Reporting Sections: Reporting Section is very Broad and Summaries in QuickBooks Online and it provide all types of reports, Like Individual legers, Multicurrency ledgers, Summary accounts, Cash flow as summary/Details, AR Ageing Details/Summary and AP Ageing Details/Summary etc.

Invoice emailing feature : One of the best thing we can send directly invoices and ask for payments to customers from QuickBooks online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have given 8 as recombination because some demerits as below:

1) Multi Currency Balance sheet, - QuickBooks online only shows , Closing balance on its base currency or Multi currency amounts not shown, also it is very hard to track realize currency gains/losses.

2) Slow works: Even i have a 100mbps internet connection i feel that QuickBooks online works very slow or page loads take time in comparison to other Accounting software's like Xero, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the Best feature of QuickBooks online is its receipts section which can allow us to auto accounting, Just like receipt bank. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The business snapshot and the instant reports that can be generated are probably the best feature. You're able to tell at a glance how your business is doing. Sort of like taking its pulse. The reminders are helpful too, especially with payroll, and monthly and quarterly tax reporting. It also syncs with your online state and federal tax payment portal and you can pay your quarterly and monthly taxes with a click. You can run any number of a plethora of reports available ranging from P&Ls, Balance sheets, payroll costs, accounts payable/receivable, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of things can be edited. Specific line items in invoices (eg. SKU can not be edited to UPC, etc). Not very beginner friendly - took me over a year to truly master it. The chat feature for support doesn't work half the time, and it takes up a LOT of ram - so much so, that you have to close down the window about 20 min into your session just to clear the cashe or it will freeze up. If you want to add payroll, automated payroll, live bookkeeping, etc - That's also extra. Generally it could be slightly more user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're not familiar with GAAP or Accounting in general, I'd highly suggest brushing up on. them or taking an accounting course before jumping into Quickbooks Online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've gained the ability to have an instant pulse on my company and know who owes me at a glance, and can customize the home screen to show my revenue per month or quarter and where I stand currently with A/R, A/P, and payroll etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

1. It is very easy to setup and use

2. The dashboard looks amazing

3. There are lot of standard report

4. We can customize the report as per our requirement

5. Data can be uploaded (specially this feature is very helpful in Bank transactions)

6. Document upload and view feature helps in auditing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Lot of clicks are required / Improvement in less use of Mouse with more keyboard shortcuts will help in improving productivity.

2. Ease of accounting also needs to be improved Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is recommended especially for the small businesses. It is very useful tool and easy to Setup and Manage.

It also provide audit related data and an amazing report system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps in Accounting the transaction and reporting to Management.

I have customized and saved some of the reports which is savings a lot of time for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The number of report options and customization of those reports to fit the needs of our business. I need to create reports for a variety of entities every month. Being able to customize and streamline that process is critical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It drives me crazy that I cannot filter for future invoices on a client's profile. You can only filter for past dates. We frequently schedule future invoices for a customer's total multi-year contract. I also would love it if I could right click on an invoice from this page and open in a new window. I hate having to constantly use the back button to navigate back after opening an invoice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An efficient well organized Chart of Accounts and reporting is imperative from the first set up. Consider working with a professional QBO consultant when designing your organizations structure and accounting processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One major benefit of QBO is that it seems to be a universal standard in accounting for small to medium businesses. That makes communication between entities much easier and consistent. Additionally having experience with QBO is a highly desired/marketable job skill. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Nothing so far. We were a QB Desktop customer that move to online. Online is hard to use and the support, it's impossible to talk to a live person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system is really hard to use, completed different from the easy to use desktop version. Watch out about your data, They don't even back up your data. Crazy for an online cloud company not to be able to back up and recover your data. And if you want to talk to a person about support, forget it they even have a message on their 888 number that states you wont get live help and then they disconnect you. I would NEVER recommend this product to anyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do use it, find anthor software product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They have created problems for us and haven't solved any problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.