QuickBooks Desktop Pro Reviews & Product Details

General Ledger Accountant
Food & Beverages

"Small Business Industry Standard - Now a Money eater "

What do you like best?

This is a well developed mature accounting software, with a minimal amount of learning curve. You will find that it can do anything in the world of finance world for small business. I have learned how to use Quickbooks since I was in college and since then they have just added a bunch of bells and whistles.

What do you dislike?

They make you buy this every 3 years for literally no reason other then they want more money. Also they MAKE you have a password, and this get kinda Annoying. I'm not working in an industry where my financials are top secret and I should be able to make my own choice to put a password on. THEY SPAM YOU about payroll and getting you to presses your credit cards with them. I don't get why I just can tell them no once and that would be the end of it, this isn't the case

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are no real Choices when looking for other software to use. It is a good software, they used to put out a new program every few years or so but now they have fell into the pattern of putting out needless yearly updates to make you pay more. Also I would say that you should go with the desktop version because at the very least you own your own data. If you go with the cloud version... they have/own your data.

We use QB as our accounting suite. this is the recording of financial transactions for internal and external reporting.

What is QuickBooks Desktop Pro?

QuickBooks helps you organize your business finances all in one place so you can complete your frequent tasks in fewer steps. Easily get set up, learn and use. No accounting knowledge is necessary and you can quickly import your data from a spreadsheet. Easily create invoices and manage expenses. And, QuickBooks ensures you’ll have reliable records for tax time. Have questions? Step-by-step tutorials show you how to create invoices, record expenses and more. Includes a 60 day money-back guarantee.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Screenshots

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Profile Details

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Intuit
Description
From Intuits flagship products Quicken, QuickBooks & TurboTax to Mint.com, our end-to-end solutions stand as testament to our commitment to revolutionize the way millions of people manage small businesses, payroll, accounting, and personal finance.
1983

1-50 of 1289 total Desktop Pro reviews

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Reviews

1-50 of 1289 total Desktop Pro reviews
HOD Finance

"A great application for Accounting"

What do you like best?

I love QuickBooks because of the easiest and smooth application for the accounting sector, we can easily make invoices like (Tax Invoice, Performa Invoice, and Delivery challan, etc.) a great thing in this software that we can email the invoices to the debtor at the time of invoice generation, it is an online software, so that we can access anywhere our data, also we can reconcile our bank easily.

Upload directly GST data to the GST portal like GSTR-3B, GSTR-1 easily.

What do you dislike?

I think there is nothing for dislike, just only a few things are there like it is an online application, we can't access our data when we are offline, also time taking software if there is low internet connection then it take lots of time to sync the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is good for our business growth because there are lots of features which is to help for making a successful business, like company creation, set our logo on their invoice, invoicing, ledger scrutiny, etc.

A fresher person can also understand easily. so that i always recommended it for accounting sector.

In this application, we generated invoices from anywhere with the help of our smartphone and share them with the concerned team, also helpful for payment follow-up, Reminder of its much helpful for growing our business, also we had to reconcile ledger and bank statement easily from its.

Photo Editor

"Great Accounting Softfware for Freelancers"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks has help me organize my transactions and miles for filing my taxes for my photography business. I have a mix of contract incoming and personal income and I am able to keep everything where I need it. Being able to forward email receipts to QB and have them automatically into the system is amazing!

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that there is not the option to categorize some items that wouldn't be on a schedule c but are necessary to determine my estimated tax payments each quarter.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is an option to pay more monthly to have QB file your taxes for you. I personally have another service I use but Quickbooks makes it easy to transfer all of your information. The monthly fee can also be used as a business expense.

All of my transactions are categorized into personal or business and then sub categorized further. It's also more convenient to keep track of miles. Everything is online and ready to copy over come tax time. It also encourages me to stay on top of my expenses and receipts.

Bookkeeper

"Versatile Software for Every Use"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Quickbooks is to customize and integrate with other softwares. As the defacto accounting software pretty much all apps integrate with it which makes the workflow so much easier.

The other thing I love about QB is that transactions can be changed after reconciliation (all while keeping an audit log) So if someone miscategorizes something it can be edited later, unlike other softwares I have used where once you have reconciled no edits can be made (not even to memo or chart of accounts. =)

What do you dislike?

I don't like that if you have multiple companies you can only pull selected reports across all of them. I wish there was more integrations between companies, such as vendor information and chart of accounts. (You can sometimes work around this by Classing transactions for different companies, but certain transactions such as A/R and transfers cannot be effectively classed)

As basically the standard in Accounting I wish that when you were sent an invoice in QB from QB that you could automatically upload the information into the receiving company's file. (obviously then changing the chart of accounts) it would save so much time!

I am keeping a variety of types of businesses' books on Quickbooks (real estate brokerage, retail ice cream and property management company)

Singer/Songwriter/Producer
Music

"Streamlined, Compatible, All-Encompassing Business"

What do you like best?

The ability of Intuit to sync with third-party/proprietary software companies has proven more far-reaching over the years than other platform. It makes our ability to do business more efficient in all areas.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional Payrol errors (PS304 and PS302) that require multiple steps to work-around when trying to install Payroll updates. The fix requires deleting certain payroll entries ("Online to be Sent") and re-entering, which affects past Payroll Taxes, Bank Reconciliations, etc., and therefore requires numerous corrections. So, that is an issue that needs to be addressed within Intuit, so that the work-around does not inhibit totally efficient bookkeeping. But other than that, I have had no issues, and all issues have been solved talking to Support in a timely fashion over the years.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is pretty basic, but make certain you have outlined your Chart of Accounts before setting up if you are incorporating Quickbooks with a third-party software for other services, so that Mapping accounts does not become an issue later on when syncing.

Using Quickbooks solves many business issues, especially considering we also interface with a proprietary software for ordering/receiving/sales outside of Intuit. Intuit has made it very user-friendly to sync and solve many issues related to the outside software as well. When you can identify these issues easily, it makes the proficiency of daily Accounting much more doable.

Accounts Receivable Manager

"Greatest Software Yet "

What do you like best?

It is an all in one, ready to control your entire business, software. You can do everything from the software fast and accurately. There is every report you could possibly think of. There are many extensions that you can connect to QuickBooks to communicate to your other software. It's the best.

What do you dislike?

As much as I love all of the stuff that it can do, it is a lot of stuff to learn and go through. There are too many things to control if you are only using QuickBooks for one or two things. They should have a lite version or specific versions for the one thing you need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

bUy it. If you have a small business or need to keep track of payments and receipts buy it. It is amazing.

We do invoices mainly from QuickBooks. We have all of our customer accounts and vendors set-up. I can look-up anything quickly and have what I am needing within seconds.

CEO

"A great accounting Software for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Its a double entry accounting software that bundles up strong reporting and features to help small businesses to easily track daily activities in more effective manner to rapidly changing technologies.Good team of developers who are constantly working to adapt and being innovative to changing demand of time.

This software is unique in many ways:

- Clean look, easy to see all a graphic look of your business in a quick easy way.

- Customizable dash control to arrange it what matters to you most

- See your sales, costs, expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable figures in one place.

What do you dislike?

Feature wise its a really good accounting software, i wish it has more tools regarding customer scheduling with employees for a spa environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a reliable software that can help you keep track of your business finances from every aspect, this is a must software, easy to use.

Keeping track of business finances and reporting on regular basis.

Owner

"Quickbooks Desktop Pro is a powerful accounting solution."

What do you like best?

I have been a Quickbooks Pro Desktop user for over ten years. I have multiple accounts simultaneously in use. My favorite feature of Quickbooks Desktop Pro is the fact that every single transaction is easily recalled. If I need to look up an invoice I paid back in 2006, it is found without a problem. Annual, quarterly, or monthly reports are easy to generate and easy to customize. I am very comfortable with the interface and it has been fairly reliable.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks Desktop Pro does require you to periodically upgrade to a newer version in order to have access to all of the features. Additionally, the pricing of their payroll services has consistently increased significantly each year, without any additional appreciable benefit.

I have only recently started using the budgeting feature to its full ability. What an awesome tool! It really beats inputting numbers repeatedly into a spread sheet and updating manually. Quickbooks Desktop Pro also has numerous information storage options to help maintain records on individual customers or vendors. It would be possible to keep all company information in this one database.

Financial Operations Manager

"Thorough, easy to use, but somewhat antiquated"

What do you like best?

If you're an accountant, the software is easy to learn and use. I like that data entry is very straight forward, the no nonsense interface and how easy it is to navigate through the comprehensive menu. Downloading and drilldown capabilities are also very powerful.

What do you dislike?

- Visualization of data... is a joke. The graphs are not only monochromatic, they're not dynamic and don't even load as fast as other reports do. Horrible for presenting data to executives.

- Although the audit trail is great, you can still go in and edit previous journal entries. Not as robust control as bigger enterprise-level ERP's.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a small accountant team, QB desktop would be great. If you have a large accountant team, QB desktop is probably too small. If you don't have an accounting team and it's just someone doing the bookkeeping, I would recommend a could-based solution because it'll be easier to use and cost way less.

Bookkeeping, accounting, and the reporting of business performance.

Office Manager

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Using this program has helped to organize the office. Maneuvering around this software is pretty quick to learn. I was even able to learn the software fairly quick. Quick books is by far one of the simplest programs to learn. Also every thing can be fixed, no worries if you make any kind of a mistake! Just go back into the area you goofed up and correct the mistake made, then save it and move on. Nice huh? The name Quick Books is suitable for the software. I would recommend it to anyone for their business accounting software! Affordable and easy to use. Why would you want to use any other accounting software.

What do you dislike?

There really is not much abut the program to dislike, because finding what you need is very user friendly.

I would recommend it to any business that needs a quick solution for their office.

Even the manual that came with the software is understandable for the average person.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A definite plus to have the reports at your fingertips

I simply enter the bills and invoice our customers, the rest takes care of itself. I can then run any report the boss asks for in moments. Saves me time. Plus each report offers a customization box that is self explanatory! Making it very nice to run the report for the right product and with the correct dates all at the click of a mouse.

Vice President

"A great product (for the most part)"

What do you like best?

It is fairly easy software to navigate through, being mostly intuitive.

What do you dislike?

As a small business owner, I like to learn and understand everything pertinent to the task I am completing. There have been days, albeit a few, where I feel like I need an Accounting degree.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A time saver all-in-one product. Don't be shy about taking an intro class at a local community college or an online class. At first, depending on how many tasks you expect QB to be the default program, it can be a very intimidating product.

I would also suggest taking a business class and an accounting class. Just in this survey, alone, I had to google a business term "Estimate your company's ROI on this product (payback period in months)" AND that was the help buttons explanation! Small Businesses like mine don't have the resources to understand corporate speak.

QB helped us in our transition from paper to digital. It streamlines the entire process

Owner
Automotive

"Accounting that almost anyone can use"

What do you like best?

I like that if you enter a invoice/payment/service charge you can reverse it with one click. I've entered payments in quick books and realized I can't pay it now, you click delete payment and it's solved. I also love that you can get a snap shot of your expenses and outstanding amount due with a click of the mouse. Very user friendly and easy.

What do you dislike?

Some of the forms are hard to read, It would be easier if the columns were a different color. I think the check journal needs some changing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Quick books pro is easy to navigate. Set up is simple.

I have solved my sales tax issues. I can print out a sales tax due statement at the click of a button and know what is due. With this form you can see how your business is doing with the click of a button (snapshot)

"Small business essential"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is a lifesaver for my small business. I design layouts, order/sell product, do advertising & bookwork all on my own, and quickbooks desktop makes it easy to keep track of customers & accounting information for tax time.

What do you dislike?

I wish quickbooks desktop had a solution kind of like quickbooks online, like a cloud where I could access my files from my laptop at work & then go home and use it on my home computer. I have tried QBO and I like the desktop program much better. I also wish there was a way of easily creating contracts similar to how you create estimates and invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend finding a local class to learn the program if you are having trouble, it is really a useful and easy program once you learn it.

Previously I was using spreadsheets to create invoices and then saving them to google drive, and often losing them, now I use quickbooks invoices which make them easy to retrieve.

CEO
Telecommunications

"QuickBooks Pro is the only way to go"

What do you like best?

Being an Office Manager, I use all aspects of QuickBooks Pro. I use the reports, I use inventory lists to create my invoices. QuickBooks is easy to use even for the most basic functions.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that unless you are an Enterprise user, you cannot track your inventory in individual units.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always purchase the Support subscription. There are times when I don't know how to use one of the new features and I can call them and they go over it with me for as long as I need until I completely understand what the new feature is about.

Inventory Control. We use our lists and when we invoice to track the quantities on hand. This helps us by seeing what we have on hand so we don't go and spend money that we can use elsewhere. It really helps with our cash flow.

Research Analyst

"QuickBooks Review"

What do you like best?

Putting in our financial information is extremely simple using QuickBooks. I use this software to input checks send out by our nonprofit as well as to enter deposits that we deposit into the bank. The process is extremely easy. I could not as for a more simple and easy way to put in our financial data.

What do you dislike?

I have not really had any serious issues with QuickBooks. The only thing that I can think of is that it constantly asks you to back up your information, which can be annoying, but I would rather back up the data than have everything get lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend other using QuickBooks to keep track of financial information and data.

We use QuickBooks to keep track of all financial data and information for our nonprofit.

Office Manager

"Great user-friendly option with advanced settings!"

What do you like best?

We love using QB for our business. It's interface is user friendly enough that someone with little experience can navigate it easily, but it contains components complex enough for those requiring detailed reporting and analytics to easily get the information they need fast.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to more easily go from report to report as well as comparing certain reports; this is easily solved if you have a huge desktop but if you are working on a smaller screen it may be a little annoying to go back and forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research & make sure you are confident that this is the right solution for your business. There are a lot of great products on the market but we found that this was the best solution for our business based on the cost as well as performance. We felt confident going into our decision. We also recommend making sure adequate training is provided so that the transition & start up of the software goes smoothly. While it is a really easy software to use, there are a few quirks so it's best to make sure those who will be using it regularly take the time to familiarize themselves with the software before diving in and beginning.

All of our accounting problems are solved via this software. We now have easily been able to do payroll, all AR/AP & reporting that the company needs.

Interior Design Consultant
Design

"Quickbooks in the work place "

What do you like best?

I love how organized quickbooks is. I manage a retail interior design showroom and we constantly have new sales quotes we are sending out or payments that we need to record and quickbooks helps us keep this organized.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the login in process to quickbooks. I already have my email and password saved but have to go to another screen to fully login in. I wish there was just one login screen that guys you into your account so it was a little faster of a process.

With quickbooks we are able to keep track of our everyday orders and clients. I love how each client is organized in their own folder with all of their previous orders for our records. Quickbooks has made it easy for us to look up current and previous client orders/purchases. I feel like our overall sales have gone up a lot since we have been using quickbooks.

Bookkeeper
Accounting

"Real, customizable accounting software that's worth the trouble to host on an application server"

What do you like best?

The user interface flexible and customizable--features are available to please the most visual users, but they can easily be closed to suit those of us who are distracted by flashy GUIs and just want to interact with the database.

Menus and features are not weighted by what Intuit thinks the user will want to see, as they are in QBO. This means that it is easier in QB Desktop to find the functionality that you need. It also makes QB Desktop a better tool for beginners, and for teaching beginners.

The Accountant Tools (especially bulk editing of transactions) are great, and more fully featured than they are in QBO. There are a few tweaks that I would make, but I really appreciate QB Desktop's Accountant Tools.

QB Desktop makes it generally easy to tag data on multiple dimensions, which makes it flexible--suitable for accounting and reporting needs from very simple to quite complicated.

If your tagging needs are very complicated, you may be better off doing data entry outside the program and importing it. Luckily, QB Desktop does not limit the kinds of transactions you can import, and the data's underlying mark-up (IIF) is publicly well documented, open to all users, and fairly easy to learn and use. (All of these are advantages over QBO.)

QB Desktop's Advanced Search feature is one of my favorite things. It allows you to search on dozens of parameters without first narrowing what kind of transaction you wish to search. The flexibility of such a search is obviously valuable, and it also supports multiple use styles; you don't have to think about how another user might have entered a transaction, or who that user might have been. You just enter your parameter, and the database turns up everything that fits. (For this reason, plus a few other minor restrictions that QBO imposes on searches, the search capabilities of QB Desktop are clearly superior to those of QBO.)

The program is rarely slow to respond or laggy.

What do you dislike?

Multiuser access is costly. Online access requires hosting on an application server, which can be expensive; it can also be complicated, which is a turn-off to unsupported/casual users.

The bank-transaction import/matching feature is a little lacking; it doesn't learn rules quickly and isn't very flexible. If you're quick at data entry and/or your data tagging needs are complicated, you may just decide never to use it.

Repairing bank reconciliations that have been thrown off by changes or deletions is more difficult than it is in QBO. Would love to see the QBO feature that shows you what went wrong and offers you a way to fix it without undoing and redoing everything implemented here.

The audit trail is a little less functional in QB Desktop than it is in QBO.

Lacks a real inventory (costing) system, though third-party solutions are available.

Lacks the ability to store percentages by which costs need to be allocated; this means that you're better off doing complicated allocation data entry outside the program and then importing it; it also hobbles the program for allocated budgeting and forecasting.

Lacks safeguards against importing the same data multiple times.

From a database perspective, the Name field is poorly defined, which can be a problem if you need to report on multiple dimensions (I've run into this problem particularly with non-profits that need very detailed reporting).

When QB Desktop crashes, it crashes hard, but support is generally very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

QB Desktop suits a wide range of bookkeeping needs, from simple to relatively complicated, and it is very flexible and customizable.

It also allows you to implement DIY solutions, especially to data tagging, manipulation, and import needs, without the need to rely on (and pay) third-party vendors.

If you have little to no bookkeeping knowledge, or are training/working with someone who lacks that knowledge, I far prefer QB Desktop to QBO.

QB Desktop is worth the trouble and cost of licensing multiple users and using an application server for online access.

QB Desktop is an all-around solid piece of accounting software.

Part of my business is teaching clients to work on and understand their own books. QB Desktop is great for this, especially when compared to QBO. (QBO's design and wording favor cash accounting, which is not appropriate for most businesses, but which is intuitive to those with no bookkeeping knowledge; this makes it a difficult tool to use to teach beginners.)

"Love Quickbooks"

What do you like best?

I love that it us user friendly. I was taking accounting courses as I began learning the software and it really helped me to know the ins and outs of bookkeeping. It does everything we need.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is every time I update Quickbooks it messes the connection to our time keeping software. However, the issue might just be with the time keeping software.

Sometimes, when I send paystubs it glitches and sends the wrong paystubs out, I am not sure if this is a problem with our email exchange however.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend QuickBooks Desktop Pro to anyone in need of accounting software, because QuickBooks has been around for so long and it's updated so frequently, I am not sure if there is any software that has its capabilities. I have contacted QuickBooks for help a few times and they are always quick and efficient to fix my problems. If I ever run my own company, which I hope I do, I will purchase Quickbooks in a heartbeat.

We use Quickbooks for everything: payroll, benefits tracking, expenses, AR, AP, and all of our reporting.

Owner, photographer
Consumer Services

"Lifesaver"

What do you like best?

Expense tracking! It helps keep track of those small expenses that really add up. That, in turn, helps us make decisions for the best use of our capital. It makes answering questions about our financial situation so much easier to do with absolute comfort - I know that the answers I am providing are correct and will assist in making purchasing decisions. The reports also are essential in attaining financing from outside sources, and they compile themselves!

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike QBP!! It's a great way to avoid hiring an accountant if you have even the most limited grasp of computes and the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend buying this program to anyone looking to easily keep track of their business financials - it would be helpful to anyone who needs to know where their money is going.

Expense tracking, balance sheets, profit & loss statements - everything that we need to properly keep track of our business - not just the human aspects of running a bar, but the nuts & bolts behind it.

Director Of Operations

"Accounting necessity meets user friendly interface!"

What do you like best?

Everything is laid out fairly easily to navigate to. The "home" screen has all the basics you'll need. For the more involved options, you can browse through the menus up top. Multiple users can be in using the system at the same time without worry that something will be overwritten.

What do you dislike?

How long it takes to load everything initially and how much resources it takes to process the overall program. Also hate that after you save and close the program, there are still instances of the program in the background running and taking up resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have the file based on a server rather than a local computer to quickly access the file. Beware of network complications.

Accounting needs from AP/AR to banking and reports.

COO

"Worst customer support ever "

What do you like best?

That I'm going to dump them next December. I already tod them I don't want to renew this year but they charged me anyway. I don't have 18hours to siend on the phone with them to get a refund. Last year, I paid them and they kept claiming I hadn't and held my data hostage. That took weeks to resolve

What do you dislike?

Lousey customer service bad attitude and if they can't keep their own books, why should I trust a bookkeeping program from someone who xat keep their own books. Also link to my expenditures doesn't work and Wells Fargo even said it wasn't trustworthy anyway

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy something else. I'm switching

Only benefit is I can email invoices instead of printing them out and using stamps a

Lisa Mbuthia

"The best accounting software of choice"

What do you like best?

It is a great accounting software for our business. It is very easy to use and its navigation is simple. It is an intuitive tool from the very firt steps of setting it up to creating entries.

One does not necessarily need to have perfect accounting knowledgein terms of knowing when to credit or debit a transaction. The payroll feature offers a great deal of relieve. The customers and the vendors accounts are straightforward. It is a user friendly tool.

What do you dislike?

I think that today the best option would be to go with quickbooks online if one can afford it. However, we tried the Quickbooks online version and one is required to have a USA number for verification. or use other vendors to purchase. I hate that once I create an item in the item list, there is no way of permanently dleleting it, one can only hide it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Small businesses can comfortably use Quickbooks Desktop Pro.

We easily create invoices without any difficulties.

The scheduled backup feature is a great one

We are able to create our payrolls very fast

Associate Project Manager

"Quickbooks"

What do you like best?

Some things I really like about using Quickbooks is that is very simple and easy to use and it is efficient. It was a very good accounting software at the small business I use to work for. I also really like the simplistic setup feature that Quickbooks offers.It makes setting your company's profile very easy, and the user-friendly interface is second to none.

What do you dislike?

One downside that I do see with Quickbooks is the lack of being able to produce key reports. The key reports that we would like to see if always a default kind of setting, and this doesn't help us customize the report to how we would like to see it. The reporting feature within Quickbooks is very limited so this doesn't give a clear picture on how a project is doing or even how the company is doing as a whole.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a small business owner, then Quickbooks is the program for you. Even if you plan on scaling, this software can still be used to its fullest potential. It is still a very great accounting software for a business or one person.

There are default forms in Quickbooks, such as utility forms, purchase orders, and tax forms. These forms are designed to resemble the real thing, to look as close as possible to what we would be filling out if we were not using Quickbooks. This helps speed up the process and helps the user.

CEO/Owner
(Myself Only)

"Quickbooks works for everything from Accounting to CRM"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use it for multiple sub-companies within one company. I have one overall company, but several other companies within that company and they can all be run and tracked individually within my one company and merged for the overall results.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing for upgrades. Some upgrades are so minimal, but it is like paying for the whole software program again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once set up properly, it is easy to use. It helps if you know accounting principles, but the support is great.

I used to use Business Contact Manager in Outlook for my CRM with clients. Quickbooks Pro lets me accomplish all that I accomplished with that, plus do all of my Accounting in one program.

Owner/Operator ➤ Life Coaching | Career Planning | Resume Writing | Outplacement Services
Professional Training & Coaching
(Myself Only)

"It Has a Mind of Its Own"

What do you like best?

It has a beautiful interface and very nicely connects with your accounts.

What do you dislike?

PAYPAL DUPLICATE TRANSACTIONS: I couldn't figure out why I had up to three transactions in Quickbooks for every one PayPal debit card transaction. Frequently, there would be two debits and one credit in Quickbooks. It turns out that there is no workaround to prevent this from happening, even in the new software I'm using, but the new software clearly showed me what was happening with my account, which made finding a solution easy. (I'm currently in the process of switching accounting software.)

MISTAKES: Quickbooks also does not allow you to easily undo mistakes. Sometimes, you simply cannot. :-/

MOBILE APP: I get an error every time I try to upload a picture of a receipt using the mobile app. This is why I dinged "reliability."

RESOLUTION: With the PayPal issue, Quickbooks required that I unlink PayPal and connect it a certain way. This deleted all of my work with my previous transactions, such as categorizing and uploading receipts.

NOT FOR BEGINNERS: As someone who catches on quickly, QuickBooks was NOT intuitive (unlike the new software I'm switching to). Even after figuring out my PayPal issue, QB seems like too much of a pain to continue with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use their search function to figure things out. You'll quickly find that support doesn't offer real solutions to anything.

Basic accounting for my small business. Organizing and record keeping to make tax season easy. Keeping electronic receipts organized and connected to transactions.

"The logical choice for managing financials and accountinh"

What do you like best?

Easy to user, with a user friendly interface.the financial reports are perfect

Our business is product based, and managing inventory and sales has been made easy with Quickbooks desktop pro.

Only a few members of our company have access to the system, this provides moresecurity, even though sometimes we wish for more users to be added.

What do you dislike?

Number of users that can use the system is limited.

No custom reports, attributing to limited transparency and accountability

This is a stand alone system that does not allow integration with other third party applications

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A system user friendly interface, easy to use as everything is neatly and well arranged. Basic financial reports can be generated which are easy to go through and predict your financial position. Limited access, as only fw people can access, this is a great feature.

It is easy to pay recurring expenses , We can easily create budgets and track our expenses.

We are able to track progress of billing and invoicing. Customized data entry where you can upload large records of data.

Agency Principal
Insurance

"Used 50% of Quickbooks for 11 years"

What do you like best?

I am happy with the stability of the product. I run two insurance agency offices. So there is a lot of QuickBooks that I do not use. I don't bill customers or deal with receivables in the program. I don't keep an inventory or use credit cards through the QuickBooks.

I have been a long time user of their payroll though. I'm no accountant, but rather than use their full-service payroll, it's been easy enough to use their Enhanced. They calculate the pay and taxes. The program also builds up the payroll forms each quarter. I just need to process them. Easy with eFile for Feds. For State forms, I have to go to the State websites and transfer the QB form data to the state's format. But it's not overly cumbersome,

What do you dislike?

Payroll cost for what they do is high, in my opinion. I pay $465 annually, plus $7 per payroll check. I pay twice a month, That's $675 a year and all they really do is tweak the software. I'm still responsible for running the forms, error checking, submitting them and then paying any payroll taxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a light use business like an insurance agency, it's probably more software than you need. I could certainly get away with using a lighter type of program. But it is nice to have the flexibility of a comprehensive tool.

Having been a long..long...time Quicken user, getting up to speed on Quickbooks was not too much of a leap. At least not once I remembered my college accounting class. I

"By Far the Best Accouting Software"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to do payroll and it helps you do your payroll taxes

What do you dislike?

The yearly subscription price is 4200+ which is a bit expensive every year. We used to just by QB Pro and download it and it would last us for 3-5 years now that we purchased Enterprise it is a yearly subscription price which is quite a bit. But we have to have QBs because we love it and it handles everything. So we can live with the price. However, the Help Desk is not in USA and that is really difficult when trying to get support. It has been an issue in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a medium to small business this will be a good accouting program for you. It will meet all your needs. Payroll, billing, etc.

The progressive billing for us is much easier. Payroll takes half the time it use to and time sheets are much easier now that we are linked with TSheets.

Administrative Assistant

"Great for managing estimate and invoice and clients "

What do you like best?

All of our clients are saved on this platform; being to easily build estimates that are simple to read by our clients is excellent. Also, the fact that we can use the mobile app to access the clients' database is also significant.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you can't add an auto message to display when sending out estimates to clients, also a way to integrate appointments and clients added on google calendar would also have been a help. The desktop app tends to freeze up on both Mac and Windows.

Keeping all our clients organized by the work we have done for them, being able to always see open invoice and send reminders for payment.

"Accountant Using QuickBooks Desktop for Hosted Businesses"

What do you like best?

I like the familiarity of the QuickBooks interface. There has not been much turnover from year to year and moving from 2011 to QuickBooks 2017 with companies on every version in between is a breeze. I never feel lost inside QuickBooks

What do you dislike?

I do not like the certificates that open up with every use. I have to click through those and they just become a hassle. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with this software at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The comprehensive desktop solution to your accounting problems. There are numerous benefits to using desktop versus online. The main factor being the depth of use. Accountants will always feel more comfortable in desktop even though Online has taken off as of late.

We have been able to assist small businesses in securing profitability through the years with all of the information that QuickBooks supplies regarding the entries and financial data we have input.

"Quick & Easy"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks gets the information we need immediately with creativity when you produce special reports made the way we need to view. We can project and make job costing more effective and with the importance of making constant changes, the audit trail helps improve our day to day operations. Overall, QB has the best accounting program for small businesses where everyone can take part in reviewing informaton. It works well for the needs of our company.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes longer when printing or calculating costs. When the QB program runs slower we cannot get the information fast enough when talking to clients on the phone. But other than that infrequency, no other complaints about QB doing its job.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works for the best accounting for small business, plus if you are inexperienced, you can learn even more by setup methods recommended by QB. I always suggest using sub-accounts, because you can collapse those accounts for the initial account they are set up to you.

We are able to do cost accounting effectively and with the detail it will allow us to recreate many items that have posted to wrong accounts. Also, we can create new reports that have the best of both worlds, giving total and combined totals when exporting to Excel reports. With Excel you can change dollar amounts and accounts without having impact on the actual posting in QB for review purposes.

Account Manager

""QuickBooks Desktop Pro.""

What do you like best?

QuickBooks has such huge numbers of approaches to customize your pay and costs, and afterward you can run reports for everything possible! For whatever length of time that you've entered the information, QuickBooks will effectively connect the numbers and present you with a quality report that you can print or email. It just takes a couple of brief minutes. Quickbooks tech help is exceptional! They likewise shown me how to utilize accommodating highlights that I didn't know were accessible. It makes our capacity to work together increasingly proficient in all zones.

What do you dislike?

I have not so much had any significant issues with QuickBooks. The main thing that I can consider is that it always requests that you back up your data, which can be irritating, however I would prefer to back up the information than have everything get lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an incredible programming that would that be able to give both bookkeeping and money related organization answers for private ventures that can enable a business to build effectiveness and gainfulness.

We use QuickBooks to monitor every single monetary datum and data for our not-for-profit. Snappy books enables the business to abstain from getting into budgetary inconveniences. Utilizing brisk books I am ready to accommodate accounts month to month, set up an announcement of income, asset report and a benefit and misfortune articulation, so am ready to make important modifications and make obligation asserts in time before the business gets broke. Quickbooks is significant for me as I have to remain in control consistently. The capacity to see things continuous enables me to deal with our accounts much better and particularly in our income the board. Without it, I'd do everything by hand and couldn't play out my obligations as viably.

Charles

"Best Accounting Solution Software"

What do you like best?

There are quite a number of outstanding features in Quick books, but the ones that appeal to me most are memorized statements, expense tracking , simple navigation, professional looking invoices and forms, excel data export, company snapshot, actionable insights, track inventory, set reorder level and create purchase orders features. It's also pretty easy to use and has an affordable price.

What do you dislike?

Quick-books, some drawbacks including limit in the number of users especially when there's many transaction and one needs extra users to help record them, the system also crashes at times although its not that often, the software also lacks professional support posing a challenge to entry level users. the software also lacks an editing feature in some sections thus one has to delete and reenter a transaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great software that can that provide both accounting and financial administration solutions to small businesses that can help a business increase efficcieny and profitability.

Quick books helps the business avoid getting into financial troubles. Using quick-books i am able to reconcile accounts monthly, prepare a statement of cash flow, balance sheet and a profit and loss statement, so am able to make necessary adjustments and make debt claims in time before the business gets broke.

Accountant
Accounting

"BEST VERSION DESKTOP PRO "

What do you like best?

Quickbooks desktop pro allows for ease of accounting work. One is able to find all the important accounts required in order to complete a transaction, examples includes bills to pay, invoices to be paid for, cash infow and outflow in the business ,plus other relevant aspects such as payroll. The software also enables one to know where the business stands by use of income statements and to also know the wealth of the business by use of statement of financial position.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks desktop pro may lack many users and hence a limiting factor in the progress of the business, this is because some clients may not be advanced and may be using different software, whereas others use traditional methods of accounting and hence yielding almost same results but different methods. the results may also differ due to different methodologies.

Quickbooks desktop pro has helped in solving reporting problems, when entries are done correctly and with minimal errors, quality reports are produced automatically, and hence resulting into improvement and growth of business. It has also helped in tracking bills and ensuring they are paid on time.

"User Friendly, Flexible, Full Accounting Capabilities, Well-Integrated with 3rd Party Software"

What do you like best?

QB is the easiest accounting software I have ever used. It has good report feature capability, and allows me to tally information and create custom reports easily. It is flexible when I need to make corrections (unlike most other accounting programs that I've used). It has several automatic features that save a lot of time such as bill pay that integrates with your bank, and direct deposit for doing payroll. It also integrates well with 3rd party software.

What do you dislike?

The search features are somewhat limited. For example, if I have a generic customer called "Online Sales" but I put specific customer info in the "Bill To" field on each separate invoice, I would like to be able to search on the "Bill To" field and find that customer. Currently, it is not possible. Also, it would be nice if address info for customers and vendors could be separated out by fields so that it would be easier to search and sort by location, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it!

We use QB as our main accounting software. We use it for A/R, A/P and payroll. It saves us lots of time, and allows us to do business analysis. QB also makes it easy to coordinate with our CPA come tax time.

Director
Primary/Secondary Education

"Great for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of the QuickBooks program is that it is not an "all or nothing" solution. We use this for sending out invoices and tracking payments but not for payroll and expenses, and it easily allows for this partial use. We don't have to use every feature it has, and it doesn't constantly request that we expand into other feature uses. I also like that it does not require advanced computer knowledge to run this program -- I am able to teach new people in the office the basics of using the program without any problem!

What do you dislike?

I have had some problems with the stability of the program, and I wish there were an easier or more streamlined way to create and save backup files. When the program automatically backs up it does have a tendency to freeze, and we have had to reinstall the program a few times. It is also difficult to get through to customer service -- there are a lot of departments, and it is not always clear which one to seek out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would look carefully at which version you need. This one has a lot of features, and may not be necessary for everyone.

I implemented this software when I started my position with the company. It has greatly increased the organization of our billing and allows us to pull up account information quickly and accurately. Because of this program, we also switched to the Intuit mobile card payments, and that has made a huge difference in our ability to accurately and efficiently apply payments to their respective accounts.

Director of Finance and Human Resources
Computer & Network Security

"Easy to use, Great platform"

What do you like best?

I have been using QBO for about a year now. We moved from QB desktop. I really like the recurring transactions feature. I like that I can set up all of my monthly recurring sales receipts for my clients and that QBO automatically charges their E-Checks for me. I also like that I can set up recurring bills and checks that draft from our bank account each month. I also love all of my report options.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there are bugs that stick around for a long time. It seems that some things are a very low priority. For example, for about 6-8 months last year, I (along with many others according to the QB online community) had a warning task on our Dashboard that alerted us that our 941 from the previous year had not been paid when in fact it had. This was a known error but QB took forever to fix the problem, even having a update in between and not fixing that. I also dislike that I can't undo a reconciliation. I have to reach out to my accountant and bother them to undo it. Desktop allowed us to undo them.

I also dislike that E-Checks take 6-8 Business days to settle, where as desktop took 2-3 days. This can significanltly screw up our cash flow as we draft most of the payments for our customers via echecks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The only reason to stay with pro is that e-checks take a lot quicker to settle. Desktop takes 1-3 business days where as quickbooks online takes about 6-8 business days.

We are solving the problem of running a small business. QBO allows us to pay our employees, track our expenses and sales. We use the projects feature quite often as we always have running open projects to track. We have also solved our problem of budgeting and sticking to a budget by department.

Business Practice Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Excellent Service, Easy to Use, But Not Without Flaws"

What do you like best?

We use QB Desktop Pro for EVERYTHING! Paychecks, Invoicing, Customer Sales, Human Resources. The user interface is very simple. We have everyone in the office using it, and love being able to customize who can see what, and who has authorizations to perform certain tasks. We have also gotten a ton of use out of the Desktop File Doctor and the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool. We recently replaced our main computer and it threw us for a loop the first few days. Using those two tools, however, we were able to get our systems back up and running. Our staff usually receives very limited training, making this the PERFECT system. It requires very little explanation, and can be picked up over the course of a day, and mastered in less than a month.

What do you dislike?

Unless you take advantage of all of it's features, QB Desktop Pro can be somewhat clunky. I've read similar reviews that critique the ease of creating and sending invoices, and I agree. The default of utilizing Microsoft Exchange to send emails seems so outdated, and no matter which email program we select, there's still a 30% chance of it not working.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you plan to use it for all the aspects of your business, it's the only way to go.

We have a centralized place for all of the most important aspects of our business. We utilize the reporting and ability to link email to client accounts almost every day.