Qualtrics Research Core

Qualtrics Research Core

(1,426)

Get the data you need to make the most important decisions. From product, pricing, market segmentation, or brand tracking, Qualtrics Research Core is the gold standard in experience management. Qualtrics combines powerful features like 100+ question types and robust logic with ease of use to make research easier than ever.

Work for Qualtrics Research Core?

Learning about Qualtrics Research Core?

Qualtrics Research Core Reviews

Ask Qualtrics Research Core a Question
D. SKye H.

"Anything they can do, Qualtrics is better!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the interface, the API integration into pretty much anything! The Administration, ability to import and export data (with the API and within the application)

What do you dislike?

The only problem that I've ever experienced is the reporting on the "loop and merge" feature, but the data can be exported to excel and manipulated that way, so it wasn't a show stopper.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't just consider it, sign up for a trial, start using it, you will be blown away with the massive amount of features!

We use Qualtrics for our Custoemr satisfaction and comment classifications from customers, as well as feedback for certain web documents.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Qualtrics Research Core
Showing 1,426 Qualtrics Research Core reviews
Chi Lok Enoch W.
Cole N.

What Survey solution do you use?

Aaron H.

"Multi use software"

What do you like best?

What I like best about qualtrics is the vast number of uses we have had for the software. It not only allows you to create surveys for research or feedback but they can be used to help improve different task with a little creativity. It has allowed us to do inspections more efficiently and from our iPad's. We have been able to adapt the survey format to do these inspections and have the results sent to all parties that are involved with the results of the inspections.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I dislike about qualtrics is that there are certain functions that are difficult to learn without a decent amount of searching on how to do it. But once you learn how to use it it is a piece of cake.

The problem we were trying to solve with Qualtrics was the inefficiency of some of our inspections and using paper to do these inspections. Also we were solving the problem of having one person having to do the inspections then the supervisor getting the inspection sending it to all involved parties. This was just too time consuming and inefficient. Using Qualtrics has allowed us to do the inspections and have the results just sent to all parties immediately. This has just allowed us to save time which is money and speed up the process. Also has made our employees much happier.

Rachel H.

"Qualtrics for Data Collection"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality Qualtrics offers. It is user friendly and has a lot of options that streamline data collection. For example, allowing us to customize the theme to display our organization name or the name of a client makes for a more personalized survey experience. Also, some more technical options such as setting up a panel to allow for authentication through our university login helps us to mange who can take the survey and pull in critical identifying information.

What do you dislike?

There are still a few functions that I feel are missing. One that effects us regularly is not having an option for pulling in previous responses for those using an anonymous link. If a personalized link is used, the respondents' previous data can be pulled in, but with an anonymous link, even when having them authenticate through a Shibboleth login, there is no way to link to previous responses.

Qualtrics allows me to manage data collection from start to finish. I am able to set up my contact list, develop or copy my survey, distribute the survey and reminders, then export data or run analyses. It is very functional and user friendly.

Sahar S.

"Great for building surveys"

What do you like best?

I really like that I am able to build out surveys and distribute them with a personalized link that includes survey id numbers for each different survey that is sent out. I like that Qualtrics informs you if your survey is good/easy for those that will be taking the survey. It has been helpful to see their ratings and move forward with that in mind. The mobile feature also helps a lot.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the website and survey building tools can look slightly cluttered at times. It would be quite helpful to organize and integrate more data storage platforms into Qualtrics, similar to REDCap.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Qualtrics is definitely headed in right direction, they have implemented the mobile view. I would look into the services offered before I actually purchase an account, you may need to look into a more well rounded platform!

We are able to easily collaborate with other research teams within the workplace.

Amelia D.

"Best survey system for research "

What do you like best?

Everything! Seriously, Qualtrics is incredibly easy to use, is VERY “customizable” if you’re willing to read through documentation on how to implement the more complicated features and/or work with their support team, and is generally a great system for those who don’t want to program their own surveys.

What do you dislike?

The new “publish” feature can be frustrating when many team members work on the same survey and may forget to “publish” or record why they updated the survey. I think you should be able to disable the publish feature for certain surveys.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Call their support line if you need help! They’re almost always friendly and will try their best to help you, even with complicated problems.

I mentioned this above, but basically, ease of in designing surveys saves us time and worry that surveys will be broken, faulty, etc. It’s nice to know that, provided there’s no human error, a qualtrics survey is going to do its job without breaking and angering our participants.

Maddie M.

"From student to survey analyst"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that I have been able to use Qualtrics' surveys both in academia for social science experiments, and now I get to use it for my career. I love the feeling of being able to program and create my own surveys, and oddly enough, having to sometimes do thought olympics when it comes to display logic and survey flow.

What do you dislike?

Probably my biggest pain point is creating quotas. Whenever I create single quotas and then create multiple from one question, it always erases my single quota (that may have a simple fix, I'm going to talk to the experts after this -- a nice feature!). Also, I often work with multiple vendors who use the same set of 25 quotas, just with different embedded data fields to differentiate between vendors. I would love to just be able to copy a quota group. It would save me a full day's time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at how others are using it!!! Read the FAQ and just play around with it first.

My company uses Qualtrics to survey and learn about hundreds of thousands of the online adult population. I have learned so much about Qualtrics and how to utilize the different features (particularly embedded data fields).

Bob M.

"Software as good as several others, but the price is many times higher (now)."

What do you like best?

Our organization launches around 1,200 surveys per month, so we've used quite a few web survey design tools. Most are easy to learn and Qualtrics is too. Its feature set is very similar to QuestionPro. It has slightly more features than SurveyGizmo, and many more than SurveyMonkey. The speed of login to Qualtrics' designer is the fastest I've seen, usually 10 seconds or less. The others might take as long as a minute. They're all very fast for what the survey respondents see.

What do you dislike?

The company describes its strategy as "land and expand" which means their price will be low at first. Then as you expand your use to other parts of your organization, the company will wait until it's clear that switching vendors has become difficult. Then they sharply raise the price. They more than doubled ours. That they use this strategy repeatedly across organizations is easy to verify with web searches especially of the Educause archives of the EDUCAUSE CIO Community Group Listserv <CIO@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> and the EDUCAUSE IT Procurement and Supplier Management Community Group Listserv <ITPSM@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Investigate the company's long-term pricing strategy and consider alternatives. When our contract runs out, we're switching to QuestionPro. We've used QuestionPro for nine months while migrating from Quatrics. It has 179 features while Qualtrics has 165. Both have enough to do just about anything you could want (SurveyGizmo does too).

The Qualtrics web site shows a graph of G2Crowd ratings, but does not show a scale on the y-axis. That's because the G2 ratings of all its competitors are quite good! Plus their prices are far lower.

Across the five years that we used Qualtrics, we ran many thousands of surveys. These collected both research and administrative data.

Dominique B.

"Makes filling out surveys fun! "

What do you like best?

Clicking a value is on a scale from 1-10 is very easy. It’s also easy and not confusing when writing responses -- this comes in handy especially with long research surveys. The server is also super user-friendly with ability to go back and forth questions and pages. I didn't really have to read any instructions to get started in making an survey, making it very intuitive. I also like that you are able to easily export survey answers to many different platforms, including PDF. This came particularly useful for one survey I could not complete in one sitting. I thought I had lost all my responses but the administrator of the research survey was able to send me my old responses on a PDF! This saved me a lot of time and stress of having to re-do the entire survey.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when the field of the question is too big, it spans past the page limit and have to scroll horizontally. This can be confusing, can make users forget to answer questions, and can discourage them from continuing to complete the survey/questionnaire.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this product! It's a great and easy way to make questionnaires and surveys. It can be used for simple event sign-ups and registrations to a complete scientific research project!

Helping the university advance their research using this software. It’s also a great way to have members of the university sign-up and register for events.

Michael H.

"Comprehensive survey suite with extensive personalization features"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics allows you to manipulate the appearance and presentation of survey questions to a degree that is unmatched with other common survey platforms. I greatly appreciate the ease of use of the built in HTML editor window that is available for each question. This editing feature allows me to acutely customize the appearance of any question, which is extremely important in experimentally-controlled survey conditions.

What do you dislike?

Although the customization features are fairly sophisticated, the longitudinal distribution features are not perfect. In my line of work I need to send out follow-up surveys that have questions that need to be pre-populated from responses on prior surveys. However, we use an external population panel to distribute the survey via an anonymous link. Qualtrics does not have a work around for linking previous survey responses to new surveys via external panel through an anonymous link. You can only pre-populate responses if you use personalized links.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although Qualtrics is pretty intuitive to use, you should not hesitate to use the online question forums and tech support to make sure that you have the best experience with the platform as possible.

We work with external partners who have very strict rules for how information should appear and how it should be presented. The high level of customization in Qualtrics allows us to satisfy our clients and gather useful data in an accurate manner.

Sarah S.

"99/100"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of the system. It's easy to learn, but I'm quickly realizing it's hard to master. However, this isn't an issue because 99/100 times Qualtrics' customer support is incredible. They really take the time to make sure you get the help you need (even going as far to create you a private YouTube tutorial. They make getting help fast and easy.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there are some capabilities that Qualtrics, confusingly, doesn't offer. The randomization options to fix proportions in experimental groups isn't great. It's not as finely tuned as we would like it as a research entity. There are various other minute details that would benefit our research if Qualtrics had the capabilities, too numerous to list here, but not enough to affect quality. Despite these small issues, Qualtrics is my #1 choice for survey software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn the language. If you need help from the Support team, figuring out how they best answer questions streamlines the process. It took trial and error for me, but there's some sort of sweet spot between concise and still explanatory that gets the job done.

Program quality is usually incredible. Allows us instant access to data and support if needed. That being said, we aren't a business in the typical sense, so I'm not too sure how to comment there.

Catherine G.

"Fantastic program"

What do you like best?

I’ve been using Qualtrics for about a year now for some research I’m doing and it’s been great. It is really easy to use and the website is designed really efficiently. I like the way that you can preview surveys before publishing them. Looking at the data and doing some analysis has been really user friendly as well.

What do you dislike?

There’s not much that I dislike about Qualtrics. A cool thing would be if there was a chat function to communicate with customer service right on the spot. I also struggled to use some of the conditions on my surveys that will automatically link to the end of the survey or a separate survey.

I’ve been able to really easily create and distribute surveys around the country. This has made my research so much stronger and more diverse. I never could have done this without Qualtrics

Amber M.

"Love the options available"

What do you like best?

I enjoy working in Research Core because it opens up new options to customize surveys. I especially love the survey logic and skip logic available, this is not readily available in other software used to send out surveys.

What do you dislike?

I don't enjoy the lack of customer service. I mean there is customer service, but in my experience they do not know much more than the online guides. While they are friendly and willing to help, each time I have contacted them for a specific issue, they have not had any more answers that what I had already tried. I also wish the site was more mobile-friendly. I have been in situations where I needed to develop and send out a survey on the go, and the website is not mobile-friendly at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are implementing Qualtrics with another software such as Salesforce, good luck. There are no individuals knowledgeable in this partnership. However, the new research team is extremely useful in the designing and implementation of surveys. They are available to help implement best practices, design effective surveys, and gain access to people to tae surveys.

We use this software to do surveys for clients and the community in addition to allowing masters interns to complete research projects with. Additionally we have begun implementing the NPS surveys in a lot of our programs, and the ability to embed questions in emails is extremely useful in gaining answers to the most pressing questions to our organization.

Jake W.

"Great survey research suite for large scale projects"

What do you like best?

I love that I can do everything in Qualtrics' online environment. From programming and testing the survey, distribution to my samples, and analyzing the data. There are really intuitive controls and features within the Research Core and you can do a lot with the built-in reporting features.

What do you dislike?

There are some question formatting limitations that can be somewhat bothersome, but not deal breakers. I would like to see a little more flexibility with how you can organize questions on the screen for respondents.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Develop a strong relationship with your client success manager. They have been very helpful to me over the years and if you ever get yourself in a jam, they are more than willing to get their hands dirty and work you through your issues.

Since starting my new job just several months ago, we are well on our way to full implementation of an enterprise-wide customer satisfaction/loyalty program. We have the ability for the first time to gather insights from our broad range of customers in a unified and systematic approach that allows us to quickly see what our customers think about us and our offerings, which allows us to make decisions based on actual data instead of instincts, while also being able to make decisions in a more timely manner.

Eesh M.

"Great Responsiveness"

What do you like best?

Turnaround time is super quick in comparison to other platforms. You can explore great features at ease with lot of support available from platform using webinar and support. Moreover community is great forum to raise your queries and get resolution.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Great tool with versatile features. However, creating live examples using different use case would be a great help to customers to relate their cases and adding webinars for new features added may be another good option.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is great tool for meeting your demand. Atleast try once to see the power of this tool. There is no any other tool available tool to compete with features provided by Qualtrics and they keep on adding something new to make our life easier. Thank Qualtrics and Team for all your support and innovation. I am proud use of Qualtrics and love to recommend within my circle.

Vocalize. Its great platform and integrated with all key features. One stop shop for market research. We primarily work on market research project and have been using some platforms in the past. However, after using Qualtrics, we realized that there is no comparison to Qualtrics. You can build complex survey, create versatile dashboard, integrate with different platforms such as Salesforce, Magneto. You can also use ticketing feature to assign tickets within you team.

Kevin B.

"A great solutions for an ongoing and ever-changing need"

What do you like best?

How simple to use and intuitive the platform is. Building, modifying, launching, and analyzing surveys is really easy to do with the available tools, and improvements to these are always being made. It really is a great solution for an ongoing and ever-changing need.

What do you dislike?

I have a hard time using the reports function on the platform to give me what I need - i usually just download the survey results data to a .csv file and do my analysis in Excel. This works, but takes time and I feel like the platform does this for me, so I'm just duplicating efforts. I probably just need so additional training to better understand the reporting functionality.

Lots of member satisfaction and engagement surveys to gauge over-all satisfaction and test product improvement ideas. We also use the platform internally to gauge effectiveness of committee meetings, presentation, symposiums, etc.

Kate T.

"Great Product - Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I enjoy assessment, but don't necessarily have a huge research background. Qualtrics has made all my assessment and data gathering dreams come true. The interface is fairly simple, with the ability to add more complex things as you become more comfortable with the product. The customer service is also very responsive and very helpful. There have been a few times where I haven't known the words for what I was trying to do and reached out to Customer Service for assistance - they've been FANTASTIC about walking me through what I'm trying to do and expanding my assessment vocabulary and comfortability in the process.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the amount of data you're working with, the Reports functionality can sometimes run slowly. I was working with a report with about 1700 responses for a satisfaction survey. When trying to compile a report, it sometimes take a few browser refreshes and some patience to get what you need accomplished.

Part of my job involves gathering data for students who live on college campuses. Using Qualtrics Research Core, I've been able to develop and utilize tools that assess student learning, student satisfaction, and program attendance. We've also moved forward in using Qualtrics to gather application data for many of the student worker positions in my functional area.

Virginia M.

"Intuitive and Flexible Survey Software"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics was incredibly easy to learn to use, and their advanced options make it possible to do almost anything when it comes to building surveys. I especially love the customer service and high level of support they provide. I worked with an implementation team for over a year to build out some of our most complex surveys, and they were attentive, knowledgeable, and never quit working on an issue until it was resolved. I could not have done it without them!

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find something to dislike about Qualtrics. If there's something I can't figure out then it's because I'm limited by my own knowledge--like not knowing much javascript. Still, even when I run into those issues, I can contact the Qualtrics Community and most likely someone has the answer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the online learning resources and Qualtrics community.

I work in higher education and we use Qualtrics for most surveys across campus, including course evaluations. Some professors use Qualtrics for conducting and reporting research, while staff members use it to serve a variety of needs such as assessment, satisfaction surveys, data reporting, request forms, etc. The benefits we've enjoyed since implementing Qualtrics are a higher response rate, uniform branding, enthusiastic buy-in, and real-time reporting.

Brooklyn C.

"Qualtrics"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can truly personalize your survey. There are so many options and ways you can customize your survey through branch technology, skip logic, and display logic. It makes it very simple to use and understand. I can create detailed surveys in a matter of minutes. There is also a feature for collaboration. I can send and share my survey to other colleagues for review and edits which makes working on research surveys in groups very easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that all features are not included with the basic package. For example, I am unable to include an upload file feature in my survey with the basic plan. In addition, students do not get the same access rights as normal users. It requires them to share the survey with your change ownership, and then send it back to them for them to be able to work on documents. Other than that, I do not have any issues or concerns to highlight with this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend all users interesting in creating surveys and analyzing data to sue Qualtrics. It is by far one of the easiest to use and most effective way of gathering survey data. It creates easy exportable documents for reviewing your data as well. Compared to other survey programs, it is a little more expensive. However, it has already proven to be fully worth it.

I am able to create surveys that I can use for research initiatives and purposes.

Tara F.

"Qualtrics Research Core is an extremely helpful resource to construct research."

What do you like best?

I like how they give you a lot of options with formatting the questions, so that you can have a wide range of styled questions. I also like how easy to use the software is, with everything set up so you can find the tools very easily.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like how it can get kind of confusing when setting up the blocks between questions or having multiple questions between one. I also found it kind of hard and confusing to export the survey into a PDF format.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend you spend some time getting to know the product first, give yourself an hour or so to go through the software and get familiar with it before jumping into creating a survey.

I am using Qualtrics to conduct consumer research on different products to get a better idea of customers' opinions on the quality of different products. It is beneficial because I can now see what peoples' views are of the products, and how likely they are to purchase again, etc.

Théo Z.

"Amazing Customer Support and great software"

What do you like best?

The fact that each time I have an issue, 24/7, somebody at the support is devoted to customers and will provide an answer, no matter the time needed for them to dig into any functionality. When an agent does not instantly find the answer to a question they always take time to go further and then send users some videos on how to deal with their issues.

What do you dislike?

The basic functionalities for text analysis are not sufficient for us, without Qualtrics Text iQ, the software is not super powerful for text analysis.

Stats iQ is one of the best Qualtrics functionalities but this feature comes from a startup bought by Qualtrics and is not fully integrated with Qualtrics survey yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We would highly recommend some ours of formation to coworkers as most of Qualtrics features are quite instinctive and easy to use but coworkers need to know what Qualtrics can and cannot do in order to be able to be autonomous when looking for precise information on the support community.

We are a consulting cabinet and provide market studies to our clients, Qualtrics is used for this and is indispensable for our daily work

Sarah O.

"A Great Survey Resource"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this program is the survey library. In the included library there are a variety of survey templates that can help you to get started creating surveys in little to no time. That means that even if you aren't too familiar with survey creation you can be up and running with a fully functional way to gather information in less than an hour. Not to mention, with Qualtrics research core, you can create an account for free.

What do you dislike?

The reports feature could be a little easier to follow, when exporting a variety of data it can be kind of time-consuming when trying to generate custom reports. On the other hand, it's really easy to export individual responses in a variety of formats...(.csv, docx, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While there are a variety of programs that you can use to get the same or similar results, some of the best advantages of the Qualtrics Research Core program is that it's definitely cost effective and both easy to learn and use. The program has a smooth interface, great options for exporting data, and a large database of templates....for a small business it's a perfect solution.

A great benefit of the Qualtrics program, of course is that it is cost-effective. For small businesses, this could be a simple solution which can help you to gather fully-online information on clients and customers, ;or, even if you need to gather employee information as well.

Katie C.

"Qualtrics is useful for complex data collection"

What do you like best?

I taught myself to use Qualtrics, and that was relatively easy to do. I like that I can build complex surveys for advanced data collection. Additionally, when I download the data from Qualtrics directly, it is easy to import into statistical data analysis programs. I also really like that Qualtrics can be programmed to be very personalized as far as aesthetic design goes (adding a logo, etc).

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced features were difficult to use, and I didn't necessarily find their tutorials to be helpful. However, my experience with Qualtrics has been overall very positive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Qualtrics is an excellent system to use for data collection. Surveys are relatively easy to design and fast to implement.

I have used Qualtrics to run multiple online studies. Qualtrics has been the mode of data collection and survey delivery.

Michelle S.

"Extremely robust but also user-friendly "

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is capable of doing basically everything I've ever needed it to do. If I can't immediately figure out how to do it, I just use their help resources to figure it out, or ask their support team.

What do you dislike?

It can get become really complicated, especially when a lot of the settings or features can start to contradict each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is really robust, and there are a number of other platforms that can achieve simpler types of surveys and data analysis, but Qualtrics really is the leader of providing the most options in a relatively user-friendly way, despite how complicated the product is underneath the surface.

We were looking for an easy way to gather survey responses, Qualtrics had all the options to enable us to ask questions exactly how we wanted to.

Un-attributed

"A great application for collecting and analyzing data"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is great for collecting and storing data. I have sent out surveys for students to complete and there are many ways to send it out - through email, through links or even QR codes. I can then easily export this data to an excel sheet and clean it up to reflect the different measures I am observing.

What do you dislike?

It is not the most intuitive software. There have been times where a two fold survey I have sent out were linked to different surveys (I am sure through user error, but it was tricky to go in there and fix afterwards).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to streamline the research process, qualtrics is a must have!

I am solving logistical issues when it comes to obtaining survey answers over short periods of time. I work with medical students where every second is valuable for them and so a simply designed survey that answers all of the questions I am looking for is a huge help! The program also provides feedback for the effectiveness of the survey which allows me to make minor edits to make it more streamlined.

Un-attributed

"Great tool for data collection"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics offers a variety of different question formats to choose from, is easy to use, easy to distribute, and it even helps you assess the overall quality of your survey before you send it out. My favorite feature is the data analysis--it automatically creates reports based on the responses you receive, so if you're surveying a large group of people, you can see immediately which responses were most popular. You can also review individual responses if you need.

What do you dislike?

I've only been able to use it because the two universities I've worked for had a contract with Qualtrics. The contract for my current job is ending shortly and it doesn't look like it will be renewed, so I would have to pay to use it myself. I wish there was a free version (or maybe there is and I'm just not aware of it?). The only other issue I've had is that occasionally, when you select certain question formats, the survey review feature will prevent you from distributing it because it's supposedly makes the survey more difficult to read/respond to on mobile devices (or something like that).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have tried other free survey platforms in the past, and I still prefer Qualtrics for the variety it offers in question type, survey formatting, survey distribution, and data analysis.

I coordinate nutrition services for a large number of athletes, so Qualtrics allows me to easily assess different metrics, like food preferences, nutrition knowledge, etc quickly and easily. I love that it organizes all the data collected for me so that I don't have to invest hours doing that myself. I also think this generation responds much better to electronic surveys than the paper and pen equivalent.

"Research Survey"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics offers outstanding integration with different third-party software. I use qualtrics in my research survey. It has a good set of tutorials to start with for the beginners. Qualtrics has integration for both images and videos. The data stored can be visualized in many different visual formats such as bar, line with different colors for each data points. The qualtrics also has a very good feature such as you can collaborate with your colleagues and share your work with them. to analyze the survey in qualtrics is simpler and easy. The questions in the survey can be randomized in each block or outside the blocks. Qualtrics has many different templates with sample questions to make our work easy. The questions can be customized and help in improving your survey. The qualtrics also shows the reviews of your built survey and how to improve your survey. It has a special library where you can store your graphics and videos for future use.

What do you dislike?

The most annoying thing is that it is very difficult to customize your survey. The customization cannot be done on all your question. It has to be done individually. The tech support team of qualtrics is slow in replying to your issues. The free version has very few surveys, fewer questions to be used in a survey. Difficult to customize the questions and its options. Sometimes it fails to show your shared projects.

Simple, Easy to use tool for surveys. Sharing option with the collaborator/ teammate is easy. The most important feature is I liked that it provides access to add the videos to store in and display the videos in the survey. The videos can be resized in different aspect ratio. The survey does not have any limit size of its memory space. The sample questions are pretty helpful in my survey. The survey has a variety of options to form a question it can be multiple choice, single option, slider option, two questions in a single choice with slider option. I love qualtircs because it helps me in completing my survey and easy to analyze and visualize the data.

Cynae T.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I love the user-friendliness of the product. It is easy to get started quickly and create a professional looking survey that has enough features for advanced survey usage. I've used this product for several years and trained others how to use. It is a much more robust program than what survey monkey appears to be. The ability to create the survey to run on a loop as if at a kiosk is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

While the site is user-friendly, the image upload feature could use some tweaking especially in the area of previews. I wish the preview appeared more realistic and true to the size it will be in the survey. Only after viewing the drafted survey can you get a sense of how the image appears to users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it, use it. You won't be disappointed. As a consultant, I've repeatedly recommended this product to clients looking for a great survey and reporting tool. And because of its robust reporting features, clients also give this software rave reviews.

Customer engagement, needs assessment, and training effectiveness was surveyed and the data was analyzed very succinctly.

Daniel D.

"Qualtrics Review"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics has the ability to be dynamic in the field areas to allow the survey to adapt to the user through the course of completing it. It's very useful for surveying a lot group of people that have completing different data points.

What do you dislike?

The outfield of the data is confusing and outdated. We have to use alteryx workflows to manipulate the data in a meaning way. This should be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Survey is flexible and dynamic and can be used to collect data at many different levels. It also has great options on how to ask different questions the same way using a different question type.

We are collecting data from various subject matter experts in different industries

Brytnie M.

"Qualtrics Surveys"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the simplicity of the survey creation process that Qualtrics offers. It only take a short amount of time to have a survey ready to send out, which is really helpful for us in some situations when we need to gather information quickly.

What do you dislike?

I have had some issues in the past with loading emails into Qualtrics for the surveys, but this hasn't been an issue recently. I do not have any other dislikes with Qualtrics at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Qualtrics Research Core has been a great tool that our department has used many times for many different scenarios. I highly recommend it!

For the most recent survey, we were able to gather information about the leases that are being used across campus and use that data for financial reporting purposes. Because campus is so large, it's inefficient to call/meet with all of the departments for only two questions, so a required survey was helpful in this process for us.

AH
Un-attributed

"Couldn't work without this product"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is to powerful and relatively simple to use - I'm sure I could learn 100x more than I already know about it- I try to use it as must as possible and it has saved me endless time and money. I like that the designs always look visually appealing. I love being able to safely store data.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little complicated- but with enough research and playing around, I can usually figure out the issue. There is a good community of people on answering boards brainstorming ways to trouble shoot which is very helpful. There are also some folks who write code that you are able to copy and paste into your survey which is awesome.

I have completely increased efficiencies in my workplace, created an entire menu of services and eliminated the need for paper for hundreds of transactions. I have brought so many disjointed paper processes onto qualtrics, eliminating many hours of my own time but has also positively shaped the custom or user experience.

Elizabeth F.

"Qualtrics Business Review"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is extremely customer friendly and in my opinion is the epitome of what a software should provide the customer.

What do you dislike?

That there aren't more opportunitiesf for your service here at Duke or that we are unable to clone you, the entire division :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not only is the ease of software phenomenal, the customer service support team, without a doubt, far surpasses any level of support I have encountered in my 20 years here at Duke. They have even gone so far as to call me on my personal cell to confirm that our needs had been met fully after we were disconnected. I have never spoken to anyone there in the support division who wasn't thrilled or eager to assist.

We are able to utilize the platform for all of our data collection needs. Data is able to be extracted in many different formats therefore allowing us to provide feedback in many different variables

Un-attributed

"Qualtrics Research Core is a professional tool"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is sophisticated and intuitive. It provides multiple survey templates that adapt to different cases, fully customizable and in turn, provides a library of well-posed questions. It also allows you to select the distribution channels -such as email or social networks-.

We have used the software to analyze the customer experience. The analysis tool has provided us with detailed reports, whose data we used as a basis for planning projects and ultimately, to innovate our brand.

What do you dislike?

I have had a great user experience with Qualtrics Research Core. Use was somewhat complex at first, but you can take advantage of the professional documentation offered, it is helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Qualtrics Research Core has advanced functions to create and analyze surveys. It is suitable for all types of organizations.

It is a great solution to know what our customers think. Data collected through surveys allows us to assess the key points of customer service.

Eric J.

"Solid platform with some historic quirks"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics makes it fairly easy for non-technical people to create complex survey flows with advanced features such as branching logic. The robust API allows us to automate use of the survey results in the rest of our data processing pipeline.

What do you dislike?

We were among Qualtrics' earliest customers. They have historically had some quirky things and infuriating bugs. The platform seems generally stable for the past few years.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're doing small-scale research, SurveyMonkey will do a reasonable job. We do high-volume research and find Qualtrics to be the only suitable platform.

We survey a few hundred thousand buyers of high-end products each year, with a multi-part survey that takes nearly an hour to complete (for those who do complete all parts). Qualtrics allows our non-technical employees to restructure our core surveys as needed (e.g. add/remove questions as conditions change) and allows the survey to be personalized with only minimal support from the in-house development team.

Jessica C.

"User Friendly If Familiar"

What do you like best?

Once you are familiar with Qualtrics, its a very easy app to use for research purposes. The results were extremely easy to read and really showed you how your experiment went. Once you have mastered the input portion, it was also a breeze to use. It is great for research because all of the results are written in a language of a researcher.

What do you dislike?

The app is hard to navigate if you're a novice to it. The results are still easy to read but the input to get them is a little cumbersome. My first time using it, I had to have somebody who had used the app before to help me with the data entry portion of the research.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe this is a very beneficial application to use if you want results given in a researcher's language. However, I would be sure to have guidance from somebody who has used it before before you try your hand at it as not hinder any results you may get.

I have used this for social experiment research and it has helped me better understand the data of the answers I received for the questions I was asking. It is great to see my results so plainly written out. When writing the report, it made explaining my results as easy as plugging in the information given to me by Qualtrics.

Jordan R.

"Awesome software"

What do you like best?

Intuitive platform and Gamelike Questions

What do you dislike?

It's somewhat buggy - there are always 1 or 2 things that don't work like they should. But they're usually fixed shortly - I would just like to not have the issue in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Qualtrics is great if you have simple surveys to send out that you want to engage customers. It's a very clean, intuitive platform. They are constantly updating their software, too, which is nice because they're always at the cutting edge of technology.

Allows me to gather insight from customers. We use it to survey the attendees of our webinars to get feedback so we can improve our webinars and get new ideas for topics. We also use these suggestions for our user conference, too, if we feel like they are a good fit. Since the surveys are easy to create and easy to understand for our registrants, we get a great response rate and are able to gather clean data to use to make decisions.

AH

"Great survey tool"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics research core is a survey tool that is versatile, comprehensive and still user friendly. I’ve used it for traditional survey-style data collection, with a variety of distribution methods. I’ve also created forms and embedded them on web pages as web forms (e.g. to allow site visitors to submit a request for contact or apply for consideration). Also collected and managed event registrations. There are tons of other uses that I haven’t yet had occasion to try. And there are really cool features to incorporate into these projects (like the automatic collection of data about the respondents based on how they accessed the project, or by requiring authentication). Despite the complexity and multitude of features, the Qualtrics GUI remains fairly user-friendly, with easy access to robust self-help resources (indexed user guide, video tutorials, and multiple options for requesting assistance from support staff, among others).

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the user guide is circular (references to clarification or related features take you back and forth between the same articles rather than expanding the scope to supporting features/knowledge). I haven’t tried to reach support via chat a whole lot but every time I’ve tried, I never got through the long wait time. And the rules about user and brand email limits are a little confusing.

We use adobe connect for a web conference solution and have the training and events modules but they don’t function (confit issues). When users want to use these features, we recommend the use of qualtrics to fulfill the missing functions like invitations, event registration, registrant communications preceding events and follow ups, including rating/feedback about the experience. The benefit is that Qualtrics offers more robust reporting tools and allows a clear and detailed analysis of the results/effects of the training sessions or events.

Melina D.

"Great analysis tool, but with a slight learning curve!"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is a nice simplistic and user-friendly format to administer surveys to research subjects. It collects the data in an easy-to-analyze format for the survey creators. The fact that it's a well-known format is very convenient too, since it helps streamline the process for both survey creators and users.

What do you dislike?

It has a bit of a learning curve for the survey creators! I took a research methods class back in college that dedicated a significant portion of the semester to learning how to make acceptable Qualtrics surveys.The disadvantage of an online survey platform is that subjects can easily misinterpret the questions and therefore render the post-survey analysis tools unhelpful. Giving subjects open-answer questions (with word limits!) is best.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you use correct grammar and follow the basic principles of conducting research on human subjects! Otherwise, a survey on an online format like Qualtrics can look illegitimate and silly.

We used Qualtrics in my Urban Environmental Politics research methods class back in my college days for small class projects. I now use Qualtrics in my current job as a collegiate coach for surveying my team about various topics. It is easy to survey a large number of subjects in a quick manner. However, creating the survey is not for beginners! It took a few classes for everyone to learn the basics of a good survey. The post-survey analysis tools are the biggest advantage that I realized.

Un-attributed

"probably a great product - a bit baffling to get started"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the platform is hand off to users (academic users doing social research.) I liked the X4 conference.

What do you dislike?

Support for getting started as a brand admin is minimal & hard to find. If I can get funded to attend X4 for another year (unlikely) I will know better how to manage the process. But in the first phase for someone who acquired the Brand Admin role very recently, it's been a bit chaotic.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

find out who your account rep is and talk with them. I still am not sure who I should talk with - because the previous Brand Admins at my college left & I was handed it without background. Since starting this review nearly 2 days ago, I should have my reps name in my email. Though to think of it, I haven’t noticed that I ever received that message from the XM garage stop that I made on Tuesday.

Your survey by the way, does not reflect my experience of Qualtrics. I am forced to put in a couple of bogus answers because I don’t have the answers you are seeking and I don’t have an option to explain that.

we are an academic institution, not (yet) addressing a business problem. No benefits that I know of.

Andrea S.

"Research Core is an Awesome Product"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics Research Core makes it easy to set up surveys. I have used many different survey tools and this is the most user friendly survey development tool I have ever used (I have used SPSS Dimensions, Confirmit, Cogix, Survey Monkey, CATI, etc). It also allows for quick descriptive statistics to be provided as data comes in and doesn't require using SPSS, SAS, or R (I have used them all). I feel like it is a great tool for my co-workers who are not as familiar with data analysis because it makes it easy for them.

What do you dislike?

While I do like most items in the Research Core, I do find there are times when I wish that it was easier to make more style (look and field changes) without needing to know CSS or html. Also hover text requires additional scripting, but it would be nice if it was an option that could just be selected.

There are aspects of StatsIQ where when you do correlations it gives you a correlation table instead of one variable but one variable split out. I like to see it in a table like you can in other analysis packages.

This isn't a dislike but more of a request for an addon. It would be nice to be able to have more dashboarding features in reports to more closely resemble Tableau or PowerBI. My counterpart uses PowerBI for dashboarding because he can't get the same look and feel in Qualtrics.

We are using TextiQ to learn more about our customers through data we collect from Voice of Customer, we code that information into categories to gain insights. We benefited by better discovering who our customers are.

We have cut down on the time it takes to set up a survey. Other members of the organization are also able to set up surveys, which is helpful. Multiple departments are using Qualtrics so it is nice that all data is collected through the same platform.

Mike D.

"Academic researcher - used qualtrics since my grad school days"

What do you like best?

It is easy and fast to create a survey. I've also made several experiments within Qualtrics that allow me to create conditions and randomize participants. It is fast and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It is pretty often that the numeric response answers are wierd. Like I'll have a 7 point scale of satisfaction for which I would convert to number 1 to 7, 7 being the most satisfied. But when I download survey results the coded numbers are totally wackey - like 41 to 48. So, then I have to recode the data. This isn't a big deal , but it sucks if I have to do it every time. I've learned to check to make sure the choices are coded correctly, but it doesn't make since why it happens when it happens. It doesn't always happen.

I usually create academic research projects that answer questions about service experiences. For example, I created an experiment that considered the importance of sequence of events for a series of city tours. Right now I'm conducting research on the social justice aspects of priority queues (fast passes).

Mary G.

"Beginning survey writer."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create multiple types of questions and the ability to use question types creatively. I embedded a video into a survey and also entered a timed question. That ensured that survey takers would watch the video before rushing to answer questions about the survey. I also like all the distribution methods including anonymous links and direct survey links.

What do you dislike?

I wish the interface was more user-friending when creating skip logic. It can be hard to program in the correct logic. I also wish there was an automatic way to insert a survey title or header. Someone I forget to all the survey title as I begin and have to go back and add it later. I wish there was a better workflow to send survey results to multiple people.

We use Qualtrics for survey governance and controlling/securing all the data collected from surveys. We want to start using it for stakeholder experience management as well.

Joe Y.

"Great interface but still plenty to improve- support however is very helpful and responsive. "

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the platform- it's easy to use and self use. If you can't figure something out, there is a community of users and support staff that can assist. Support staff always responds promptly and follow up consistently. It's easy to get started on a survey and while I don't always agree with the SurveyReview tool, I like it and find it enjoyable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the bugs. I had an issue this past year where the XM Directory would not overwrite embedded data fields when I upload a new list file. For example, if Customer A had 1/1/2000 as their last visit date and I uploaded an updated file with Customer A's new visit date 2/2/2019, that new date would not update consistently. This issue happened every once in awhile and the trust our company had in the survey tool was basically shattered. This got fixed after 2 years. TWO YEARS. This is just one example.

Another thing I dislike is how difficult it is to clean up my data. If I upload a distribution list file and one of the embedded data fields was "Visit Date" and then I upload another list with that same data field but it says "VisitDate," it creates two separate columns. That in itself is fine, but it is extremely difficult to go through and clean that up.

We're measuring feedback from our customers to understand their sentiment towards our company, to events and meetings that we host. The reporting that we use is basic and but I recognize that we're not using the platform to its full potential. The bugs and issues that we face makes it difficult however to be receptive to buying additional features and licenses- if the basics are taken care of its easier to open up to additional capabilities.

Kevin C.

"Still on the tip of the iceberg"

What do you like best?

The wide variety of question types and flexibility in programming survey branches and options is great. Managing contact lists with samples, quotas, and reminders is particularly useful in an academic setting, when surveying students.

What do you dislike?

The interface feels a little outdated and rigid. I wish the left-hand frame with the folders would "remember" which folders I have collapsed and which I have expanded, instead of defaulting every time I log out or refresh. I often feel like things are suddenly jumping on and off the page, especially when I am in a survey. One suggestion would be to have individual questions pop up in a separate window while editing, then close out when you're done. There have been times when I didn't realize which question I had selected because it was scrolled off the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's important to dive in deep and learn about things that are not on the surface, and to include the Qualtrics team when you hit problems.

Our main use is for surveying students, recent graduates, and alumni, and the insights have been very helpful. We've learned some useful things about institutional communications with students, differences between online and on-ground learners, and how our student population is changing. We are definitely learning how to combine O data (our SIS systems) with our X data (surveys).

Autumn S.

"Happy user and teacher"

What do you like best?

It is intuitive to use. I've used Qualtrics since 2008 for at least 100 different research projects. As a professor, I teach the undergrad and grad research methods course. I've taught Qualtrics to more than 500 students in the past couple of years. Students understand it easily.

What do you dislike?

There used to be more how-to screen shot and video tutorials for Research Core. I used these to supplement my teaching. They seem to be harder and harder to find these days. It takes a dozen clicks for students to find them and then they are written in a way that assumes a level of business knowledge that sophomores and other undergrads just don't have yet. I also HATE that the Reports page automatically generates the three data visualizations (bar chart, means, frequencies) for every survey item. I would like to be able to click and tell it which visualizations I want for which items. I know I can manually go through and click each visualization and delete or modify it, but that is SUPER annoying and time consuming. I'm happy to talk to someone in more detail about this issue.

None, technically. I'm an academic researcher. I use Qualtrics for my research and teaching.

Un-attributed

"Qualtrics Research Core is a powerful tool"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics has a basic and simple appearance, but contains many features of customization and a library of questions that are really useful to add to the survey you're doing. I quite like reporting function, because it is very efficient and gives us the data collected in an organized and detail manner.

What do you dislike?

Some features to handle data are complicated to use. On the other hand, it has a robust and professional knowledge base and you can always contact its friendly support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is software that adapts to the needs of large companies because they have the potential to tap the huge arsenal of advanced analysis tools offered by Qualtrics.

The studies we have done with this software are of high quality - well posed questions, elegant and simple appearance with an accurate logical sequence -. Distributes the surveys through various channels that we can configure with our criteria.

However, the most powerful feature of Qualtrics RC is the data analysis. The information collected is significant in our decision-making process.

Cameron L.

"Best survey tool on the web (errr, offline too)"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to use. Anyone can jump in and, with very little effort, become proficient enough to create, program, distribute, and monitor a survey. If your organization only needs descriptive analysis, they got you covered too. They have an effective list of partners who are willing to take the analysis deeper when needed.

What do you dislike?

The documentation isn't great, especially since they updated to the new platform. Most of the tutorials/guides are specific to the previous system, which makes learning more complex techniques difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always have someone help you design surveys and the resulting analysis if you don't have an internal team dedicated to these things - at least initially. I've seen too many people waste research because they think they can merely rely on their own expertise.

Efficiency when it comes to time management with primary research has gone way up since we switched to Qualtrics. We tried a number of other services before, but they weren't as useful at at streamlining and replicating our work as Qualtrics. They save us a ton of time, and then data management is more reliable through Qualtrics.

mark N.

""Exhaustive study suite with broad personalization highlights""

What do you like best?

Qualtrics enables you to control the appearance and introduction of overview inquiries to a degree that is unmatched with other basic study stages. I enormously value the convenience of the implicit HTML supervisor window that is accessible for each inquiry. This altering highlight enables me to intensely modify the presence of any inquiry, which is critical in tentatively controlled study conditions.I appreciate evaluation, yet don't really have a colossal research foundation. Qualtrics has made all my evaluation and information gathering dreams work out. The interface is genuinely basic, with the capacity to include progressively complex things as you turn out to be increasingly alright with the item. The client administration is likewise responsive and accommodating.

What do you dislike?

Contingent upon the measure of information you're working with, the Reports usefulness can at times run gradually. I was working with a report with around 1700 reactions for a fulfillment overview. When attempting to arrange a report, it here and there take a couple of program invigorates and some persistence to get what you need accomplished.I disdain that all highlights are excluded with the fundamental bundle. For instance, I ca exclude a transfer record highlight in my overview with the fundamental arrangement. Also, understudies don't get a similar access rights as typical clients. It expects them to impart the review to your change proprietorship, and afterward send it back to them for them to almost certainly take a shot at records.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is extraordinary apparatus for fulfilling your need. Atleast attempt once to see the intensity of this instrument. There is no some other device accessible instrument to contend with highlights given by Qualtrics and they continue adding something new to make our life less demanding. Express gratitude toward Qualtrics and Team for all your help and advancement. I am glad utilization of Qualtrics and love to suggest inside my circle..

Its extraordinary stage and incorporated with every single key element. One stop look for statistical surveying. We essentially deal with statistical surveying venture and have been utilizing a few stages before. Notwithstanding, in the wake of utilizing Qualtrics, we understood that there is no correlation with Qualtrics. You can fabricate complex study, make flexible dashboard, incorporate with various stages, for example, Salesforce, Magneto. You can likewise utilize ticketing highlight to allocate tickets inside you team.I am ready to make reviews that I can use for research activities and purposes.

Un-attributed

"A versatile and efficient solution"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics offers a set of useful features to create and distribute surveys, as well as providing functionality to analyze data efficiently. It is a versatile, intuitive and easy to use software. I love Qualtrics Research Core because it is a useful and effective tool for market research.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find something that I don't like about Qualtrics. I could mention the data analysis tools since they are somewhat complex to configure. However, Qualtrics provides an excellent technical support that has helped us in each step of the software implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compared with similar programs, Qualtrics is by far the best alternative to collect data, it is intuitive, efficient and easy to use. I recommend it.

It is an efficient solution to analyze data and obtain trends. It allows us to create complex surveys smoothly, you have a selection of questions appropriate to our needs, in addition to structure surveys is not complicated. Knowledge base is very useful to solve any issues and if we have any concerns, the support team gives us customized solutions.

Allie L.

"Plenty of customization options"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of item types that are available in Qualtrics. The ability to copy and past a question or block of questions is also a huge time saver.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes struggle to use the logic portion of the survey effectively and have struggled to find sufficient support on the Qualtrics website to help me fully master the ability to customize the logic and flow of surveys. I also think that adding the ability to create master design themes (ie., fonts and font sizes) would make Qualtrics more user-friendly. I would also find it useful to have any option after a survey taker has submitted the survey that allows them to submit another response.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Qualtrics is a useful tool for disseminating surveys. It is particularly useful for research because of the data reports it offers after surveys have been collected. Before building your first Qualtrics survey, I would recommend watching a tutorial or two explaining how to use all of the features in order to get the most out of the service.

I use Qualtrics to create surveys to send to participants in research studies. Qualtrics allows us to easily disseminate the surveys and analyze the results.

Learn more about Qualtrics Research Core

Qualtrics Research Core Videos

Learning about Qualtrics Research Core?

* We monitor all Qualtrics Research Core reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.