Qualified.io Reviews & Product Details

Qualified.io Overview

What is Qualified.io?

Qualified is the best way to assess developers. Our platform allows companies to use coding assessments and pair programming interviews to screen and hire technical talent faster. Unlike other platforms, we use actual unit tests and a wide range of language specific testing frameworks that better predict actual on the job performance. Any assessment can easily be turned into a pair-programming session and all assessments can be timed and recorded in order to give hiring managers a deeper level of insight into each candidates thought process and problem solving ability.

Qualified.io Details

The most effective platform for assessing engineers, saving companies time and money to get the best talent. Qualified is built with the goal of providing a developer-friendly way to effectively assess technical skills.

Qualified.io
2016
San Francisco, CA
@QualifiedIO
669 Twitter followers

Qualified.io Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Qualified.io community
Have you used Qualified.io before?

Qualified.io Reviews

Showing 38 Qualified.io reviews
Already have Qualified.io?
Machine Learning Instructor
Response from Geoff Roberts of Qualified.io

We're sorry to hear that you found our interface to be confusing. We work really hard to deliver the most developer friendly experience possible and would welcome the opportunity to walk through the tool with you so you can provide more specific feedback on potential improvements. Feel free to reach out to us directly at team@qualified.io—we'd love the opportunity to improve the product based on your feedback!

-Geoff

Healthcare Business Analyst and Consultant (As-Needed)
What do you like best?

Instructions are detailed and providing hints, along with the ability to preview before submitting, is very helpful for those just beginning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As a personal habit, if I see, for example, a program listed (such as "node") in some instructions, I will immediately try and learn what it is, how it works, and do practice runs with it. However, such as in this case, it was not necessary that I learn node. Though any extra learning and practice benefits in the long run, if the instructions clarified there was not a necessity to learn node, I probably would have waited and completed the quick exercise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very straightforward, user friendly platform for learning/practicing coding/programming languages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fixing some basic javascript coding- missing syntax, incorrect syntax, etc. I realized it is essential to pay attention to the smallest of details, such as which letters should be capitalized, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Qualified.io
What do you like best?

Qualified.io used easy-to-comprehend problem statements which were based on realistic problems you could encounter as a software engineer. The interface was intuitive and easy to understand. You could easily create your own test cases. You fill in sections of a function instead of dealing with the particulars of how input is received and parsed from standard input, which will vary between programming languages and would otherwise be boilerplate code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hidden test cases need hints; developing custom test cases based on the usual edge cases can be extremely cumbersome, especially if you need to procedurally generate a lot of input to deal with a scale problem.

Their website uses the phrase "Don't rely on ... algorithmic puzzles, and guesswork", but the platform is still based on problem solving and algorithmic puzzles, which I found hypocritical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evaluate the type of developers you want to hire when picking a coding assessment platform; Qualified.io will be more friendly to those who are self-taught, but still require a base knowledge of data structures and algorithms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For employers, Qualified.io is a test of realistic programming assessments for software engineers. As an engineer, I found it offered a better experience by creating more realistic and digestable problems than LeetCode or HackerRank. I found it offered an easier to use platform than those platforms given it focused you in on a section of code, rather than dealing with boilerplate code, or mentally translating a very mathematically defined problem into something more realistic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best about Qualfied is the overall design and quality of the site, alongside how the system operates. This was a new system for me to use, but I definitely liked how it worked, and it was incredibly easy to navigate. The design of the website is wonderful, and I like that there is a "night mode" option, as it is easier on my eyes. The upsides of using Qualfied.io are that there are already test cases available to check the accuracy of your code, and that there is a "night mode" option for easier viewing, especially for those that may have eyesight issues and/or may be working in darker environments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Qualfied is that you are not able to see the test cases that are utilized under the "View Solutions" option. Understandably, this is probably the case so that users will not try to make their code only fit the test cases. However, I feel that it would have made things much easier to work with, and could have decreased how long it took for me to develop solutions. Outside of this, I do not necessarily think that there are any downsides of using Qualfied.io. From what I have used, I enjoyed the experience overall, and did not run into any major issues. I definitely feel that just about anyone utilizing the platform will run into little to no problems, because the software seems really up-to-date and adaptable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving programming problems with Qualfied.io. The benefits that I have realized are that I am better able to identify my errors when utilized against test cases, and that I feel more focused with the sleek design of the platform. I really like the use of test cases, as it provides me with situations that I may not have considered, thus making me pay more attention to the smaller details of my code to ensure that it works in all situations. I mentioned this earlier, but I really enjoy the design of Qualfied.io. It is incredibly pleasing to look at, and I like how neat the design is. I haven't worked with a lot of software similar to Qualfied.io in the past, but I will definitely say that this is probably one of the best platforms that I have used. This is really nice to work with, and I enjoyed utilizing it while taking this assessment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solutions Engineering Manager
What do you like best?

Fully incorporated testing frameworks, clear interface, flexible, feature complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything that didn't fit our needs they were able to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask for a demo and try it. Check with their team if there's a missing feature they may be able to add. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to fully automate the grading of tech assessments and integrate with a third-party reporting system, thus saving manual-review time from our engineers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Professional Application Engineer
What do you like best?

Nothing. This needs lots of improvments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well, let's start...I've done tests for job interviews before on other platforms, let's say hackerrank, I trained myself for several days, then the test that I've got from the company was doable, as it had somthing in common with what I did on the platform in order to train myself.

So when applying for a FE developer position at TrustYou, I tried to do the same. I trained first on qualified?? Hmm..train...let's see, you only provide one type of exercise for training which on a scale from 1 to 10 of difficulty is 1 and you give 10 difficulty tests :).

So, when I started to do my test on qualified, as I wanted to work at TrustYou, so I was motivated, I've got 3 problems, impossible to do in 1,5 hours. I gave it up quick, as it is silly to waste 1,5 hours of my time when seeing the test.

Those problems also had nothing in common with how qualified let's you train for it. Same unfortunately happens with codility. Soon, companies will wake up and see it's not the developers, but the platforms who are not prepared enough ;).

I mean, you know, I also asked the opinion of other colleagues of mine which happen to have successful jobs at successful companies. They agree with what I said here. Just curious, how many employees of a current company would achieve this test of yours. More than 10% I wouldn't expect, actually...much much less and this should say a lot about a testing platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No benefits from qualified.io. Nothing, zero. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Geoff Roberts of Qualified.io

Hi Gabriela,

First and foremost, I'm sorry that you had a poor experience. That said, calling out Qualified as abusive (given your comments) isn't fair or accurate in this case. The assessments that the hiring company used in this instance were challenges that they authored themselves, then used Qualified's software to deliver. As such, your feedback isn't reflective of the coding challenges that Qualified provides or our software in general.

As an aside, you did successfully pass the assessment that you completed—something only 22% of candidate achieved—so you were on the right track.

We'd welcome the opportunity to change your mind. We'd be happy to jump on a call with you and show you the platform in greater detail including our own, professionally built challenge library. We stand by our own assessments as the best on the market and would welcome the opportunity to show you that. Cheers!

-Geoff

What do you like best?

It is a very effective and efficient tool.

It provides a nice platform for the candidates to showcase their coding skills by solving a real-life problem.

It provides a nice and simple UI so that candidates just have to focus on their solution.

It saves a lot of time and effort from the developers.

It helps to reduce effort without compromising the quality of the complete process.

It helps me to remove the unnecessary steps with greater quality.

It has also reduced the cost of hiring because now developers don't have to test the coding skills instead they can focus on the technical knowledge of the coder.

It also helps to test the coding skills of the candidate without investing a lot of effort and only the eligible candidates get shortlisted on the basis of their coding skills.

it is designed to test coding skills using coding challenges with real-world problems.

It helps to pre-screen candidates before tests by letting them perform in a familiar environment with some practice tests and a consistent process.

It also supports a lots of programming languages so the options for selecting a preferred language is very large for the candidate and the recruiter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As such there is nothing to dislike about it but there is always a scope for the improvements.

It is a nice tool but it can give some additional tools to improve the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has impacted my work to a greater extent as it has helped me to optimize the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The developer environment experience is the best around. We've tried 10+ different alternatives. Our candidates give it very high marks and candidate experience is SO important Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see an integrated debugger Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Qualified helps us identify the best-fit software engineers in our candidate pool. This saves engineering time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

The fact that I can take a test first approach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Copy pasting was a pain. I understand that we are not supposed to copy code from outside but I needed to copy test cases back and forth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're company is using Qualified for interviews you're in luck! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm trying to get hired. I have had a good time working on my code on this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CTIO
What do you like best?

Qualified.io has helped our company optimize our hiring process. We have reduced our employee turnover rate in programmers. We have beforehand the possibility to understand the technical skills and weaknesses of candidates and match if he/she will make it with the dynamics of our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a costly tool for us and the version we are using has a reduced number of challenges. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For us the benefit of Qualified.io surpassed the cost. We are very happy with the results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has decreased our employee turnover rate.

Engineers learning curve time optimized.

Better seniority fit of our engineers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
What do you like best?

Assessments. A great feature that we use for recruitment purposes. We can combine different tech challenges in one assessment; this way, we can assess more than one skill of a developer that we have shortlisted.

I like that we can see what the candidate did step by step. E.g., we can easily see if the candidates copy-pasted the code or not.

During an interview, we can perform interact sessions. Another great feature.

The overall comparison is also great. The candidate can pass a challenge with a score of 100%, but we can also see an overall comparison for that challenge, which also helps in terms of evaluation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be improved; I do not like the black-white combination.

The customer support is relatively slow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At ShakaCode, we are using Qualified.io to assess shortlisted candidates. The benefits are:

Time: We are saving much of our time while evaluating the candidates' skills.

Evaluation: Rather than asking a code example to see how good is the candidate with coding, using Qualified allows us to see it in action.

Who to hire: We can quickly compare candidates using Qualified.io. This way, it is much easier to decide who will be the next hire. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's very easy. It guides you, and allows you to practice first to get comfortable with the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning it could look different to the user, since many people are used to different platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving coding problems, some of the benefits I've seen is that it automatically enters random numbers to your code, to make sure your code is correct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
What do you like best?

I really liked built in unit test execution and output feature that clearly shows which tests are failing and passing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As far as I remember code auto completion was either not working or wasn't good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I gave a test using qualified.io and it was awesome. It's a really good way to test coding skills in initial stages of interview. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I gave an assessment test that a company sent me. I think it's a really good way to test candidate skills on initial stage of interview Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Easy to use,

no need to open IDE,

ability to have a complex project with several files.

Power of custom-made tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Strict timer.

I know, there is an option, actually, on another assessment I had an open-ended timer, so this is more like about assessment itself, not the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try, at least. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to have a (pre-) technical review at the time I want, perhaps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The UI is easy on the eyes, it is easy to find what I am supposed to be looking at, the testing of coding challenge solutions is fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't spend much time looking for this, but I don't think there were vim keybindings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used this to complete an assessment for a company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it was to use. Very clear and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I personally don't have nothing bad to say at the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just simple JavaScript problems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that when you have code exercises it gives you feedback right away. You complete the exercise when the output is correct.sadasdasd and asdasdasd adasmd asmd asjdh asjldh asdh ajdh adh adh ajsdhajsdhasjda jdahs asjd ajsdh ajsdh ajsdh ajd ajsdh asdjh Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside would be the timing. There should be a bit more timing for multiple choice questions. asides as dasd and sad asd asd sad sa asd asd asd asd as dasd and sad as dead as d Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It makes the process less stressful for applicants when it comes to evaluating their knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It made me feel more comfortable with my qualifications for the job I applied to.sad asdasd dasd dosa sad sad Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Overall pretty easy to understand the layout and what was being asked Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you can't do or complete a problem no clear way to opt-out or leave the problem. I think I did it right when there was one I did not know how to do Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It was easy to see what I was doing well, and what I needed a refresher on Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The coding environment and already knew all the shortcuts to run code Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When i wanted to see what the last task was I had to complete it before going back to other questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Programming ones Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

The platform is very well put together, the tools provided were easy and intuitive to use - overall it was a great experience! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I thought everything was on point, and well executed, and didn't have any major dislikes concerning the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't be disappointed - it is an excellent service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coding interviews and skills assessments done remotely. That is a benefit all in itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I thought the questions were decent. A good measure of dev. talent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I thought the UI was a bit on the unexpected side. I remember hitting the wrong button more than once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It seemed like it was a decent testing environment. The UI could improve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My abilities as a developer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

UI is cool, intuitive and user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Even basic IDE features are missing. There should be some form of code completion, auto-import and formatting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A coding assignment for an interview. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Technology
What do you like best?

Qualified.io provides a platform where we can continually assess our employees learning and growth for new and existing platforms. The assessment and review value is a tremendous help in finding where we may be lacking in training and the overall reporting keeps us informed that we are doing the right things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The overall management of a pool of employees that need to have their assessments managed and time boxed is not quite what the platform is ready or intended for but the folks at Qualified.io have been really helpful in making it work for us.

I would like to see the tool provide more project or fill in the blank type coding challenges where you can have an existing solution that can be updated or enhanced. Larger and more comprehensive challenges will help solidify not only knowledge verification of the tech stack but also validation that the employee can work with the solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great platform !! ... Provides out of the box and customization to make it fit your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need to assess our skills for individuals and teams across many different and changing technologies. We now have a place to manage consistent measurements of how we are doing. The long term benefit will be to manage a library of our own assessments and challenges and projects mixed with those that are provided by the core product and the community. The combination of resources will provide coverage for any new products or technologies as well as keeping up with fresh challenges for existing tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Clear and straightforward user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is not about the tool, but the questionnaire that I took using Qualified.io was poorly designed. This leaves a bad experience in my mind. That survey was asking me sample interview questions, but the person who designed the survey did a poor job matching question type to selection type. This made it very difficult to progress through the survey. I also found the grading component not relevant to the questions I was being asked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Survey recipient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Geoff Roberts of Qualified.io

Thanks for taking the time to review Qualified—we appreciate your feedback! We're happy to hear that the platform was fine, but sorry to hear that you had a poor overall experience as a result of how the survey that you completed was designed.

Qualified is a very flexible tool that gives users the ability to build their own assessments and surveys employing quiz style questions. With that flexibility comes the possibility that users deliver a sub-optimal experience if they don't carefully design assessment content or survey style questions.

For other companies considering using Qualified, we have a content team is willing to work hand-in-hand with any customer on survey or assessment design. We have professional expertise in this area and can work with you to ensure that you're delivering an excellent student or candidate experience.

-Geoff

Principal Software Engineer (.Net,C#,VueJs, MongoDB,Multithreading)
What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and equipped with most of programming language's compiler and runtime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

errors descriptions are truncated and cannot be seen completely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very helpful and easy tool to assess candidate's ability Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assess and evaluate candidate's technical capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.