Pushpay Reviews & Product Details

Communications Director

"Simple for both users and admins"

What do you like best?

It's super simple for users to set up an account and make a payment. The site is mobile-friendly and we are able to customize how it looks so it has our logo and images. Easy to track transactions.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting features could be improved. For example there's a "notes" field you can use from administrative point of view, but you can't search or run reports based on what's in the notes.

It was very easy for people to use. We switched from another payment system and most people didn't even realize it was a changed.

What is Pushpay?

Pushpay builds world-class giving and engagement solutions to help organizations grow their communities. The Pushpay platform is designed to drive participation, inspire generosity, and simplify financial workflows. The company serves more than 7,000 customers including churches, schools, and non-profits.

Pushpay Screenshots

1-25 of 33 total Pushpay reviews

Pushpay Reviews

1-25 of 33 total Pushpay reviews
Senior Pastor

"PushPay misrepresented and mislead us into their program"

What do you like best?

The ability for our people to give online.

What do you dislike?

PushPay guaranteed that we would get a 5% increase in our giving during the first year that we used them or we would get our first year annual fee returned to us. We didn't reach the guaranteed 5% increase. They gave us NO coaching in the process. When we attempted to collect on their guarantee, it took us nearly a year and a half to get them to make a decision ... and then it was in the negative! No return of the money. They told us we hadn't done one of the steps they required. Really? It takes a year and a half (and a lot of wasted phone time and emails) to tell us we hadn't done one of their steps. It seems like that would be pretty obvious right up front. After all, since they immediately turned us down, why the heck didn't they know the reason we had been turned down? Companies don't turn down their guarantees without a reason. Yet it took PushPay a year and a half to give us a reason. If they saw we weren't implementing one of their requirements, why didn't they coach us to do it?

I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. We are still using it -- only because it would be a waste of time and money to switch over to another company. However, if you are new to the online giving world, please look elsewhere. You will hunt for hours to track down a phone number or responsible person within their company to get any help from them. If our church did business the way PushPay does, no one would attend our church.

When we told them we would be writing a review that would reflect poorly about PushPay, they only tried to upscale us into a more costly area of PushPay. Really? We aren't even satisfied with what we currently have. Why would we want to go deeper with your company?

We are not solving any business problems with PushPay. We have one benefit (that we could also get in using another company who does the same work) and that is our people can give online or using our app.

Response from Jordan Mason of Pushpay

We all have room for improvement and you have called us out on ours. I am sorry your experience with Pushpay hasn't been what you expected and I truly would like to hear more about what happened and what we can do to make things right. We value our customers and learning more about your experience will help us make changes to ensure others don’t have a similar experience. If you are willing to work with us to make this right, please email our Care team (care@pushpay.com) and I will personally follow up with you.

"Our Pushpay Experience"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and intuitive. People can give in a matter of seconds without getting frustrated. Our church adopted it pretty quickly without many issues. It also helps our church stay technologically up to date.

What do you dislike?

The cost. It is a pretty significant investment. There's a monthly fee in addition to the transaction fees.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great tool to help increase online giving but make sure to do a cost/benefit analysis as it can be on the expensive side and might not be worth it for all churches.

Pushpay has made it easier for people to give online and on their cell phones. It also syncs perfectly with our church management software and allows for better record keeping. Pushpay also helps us with donor development as we are able to customize messages to givers, thank them, and see if their giving starts to lapse. It also lets us know if someone's gift was declined because of an expired card which our old system never did.

Business Administrator
Religious Institutions

"The best experience for our users"

What do you like best?

Pushpay is relatively easy to set up, provides plenty of admin features in the back end, and has reasonable customer service. Above all else, however, is the ease of use for our users. We accept donations through PushPay and have heard several times how great it is that we use a service that allows them to give with as little hassle as possible. Once they set up their account, they can give in less than 10 seconds. That's perfect.

What do you dislike?

While their customer service is usually very helpful, it is not always very timely. We've submitted enough support tickets to know that sometimes they respond quickly and other times it could take days to get a proper response. The cost can be fairly substantial as well depending on the size of your organization.

As mentioned above, the fact that people can give in such a short period of time means there are minimal opportunities for them to "back out" and change their minds. Additionally, they have integrations set up with a number of church management services, which saves time when reconciling accounts/gifts.

Pastor Emeritus

"Pushpay makes Giving Easy"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the pushpay system. Once the app is installed and you have an account setup it is extremely easy to give to your church or non-profit.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything to that I would consider a negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pushpay is a great way to encourage folks to give to a church or non-profit. Its ease of use and technology is a breeze.

Having the app and linking it to our ministry has made it easy for people to give for special things. I don't know that we have seen an uptick in giving, but I think for newer people this makes an easy transition for giving.

Associate Pastor

"Efficient"

What do you like best?

I like that Pushpay is a such an efficient way to give. Everything is made clear and simple with a strategy for how to create reoccurring givers. That was the key reason for our selection of them and why I recommend them.

What do you dislike?

One the weaknesses is that they over sell how much they are going to help you roll out your app. You really have to do a lot of the work on the design yourself. Additionally, it can be difficult to get your representative to anticipate your needs. Sometimes you have to spell out very clearly what you're looking for.

Pushpay is for us meant the ability for people to give quickly in church. It takes around 60 seconds for someone to give and that's really key. One additional benefit I've discovered is how helpful their push notifications are.

Pastor

"Great service, intuitive design, excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Pushpay is the ease of use for people who don't use checkbooks or carry cash to give to the church as part of their act of worship. I also really like the ability to create different options for giving, so if we have a special project in the church it's easy for people to participate in that through online giving.

What do you dislike?

I guess the thing I struggle with the most is keeping the app up do date with current information. I love the tool, but need help keeping it current.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Pushpay. It's a great service that fills a much needed gap in many churches in terms of giving opportunities.

The biggest problem solved has been providing online giving options to the church.

Executive Pastor

"Pushpay has made giving easy for our church members!"

What do you like best?

Pushpay has made giving easy for our church members! We previously had to use multiple softwares, but now Pushpay provides one, easy solution! Also, data entry is really easy and volunteers have commented on how much they love the ease of Pushpay compared to Fellowship One.

What do you dislike?

The backend reporting has limited capability. We used Fellowship One prior to Pushpay and the reports module was more customizable. Now, we're having to go back to using Google Spreadsheets for certain custom reporting that our team is used to.

It's a one-stop giving solution. Our church previously used three different platforms and only two of the three synced together. This has saved our administrative team a lot of time in the office as all giving in now through Pushpay.

(10,001+ employees)

"My usage of of Pushpay"

What do you like best?

My church uses it for donations and tithe offerings. The main benefit is convenience. I hardly have cash on hand to offer at church in person. If I did it would be only $20-40 but since when I'm committing to giving more, I feel more accountable to give the full amount when I'm doing it online. It also allows me to specify what categories I want my money to go towards (missions, church funds, local church charities, etc.). I'm sure there's an added organizational benefit come tax season.

What do you dislike?

Just the initial set up. It's not difficult or hard so it's really not a con to the product and once it's done the first time, it make the process much more simple by remembering who you are.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think all church or charitable institutions could benefit from this.

Convenience, accountability, easy for organization of funds, speed of use after initial setup.

UR

"I found Pushpay very satisfactory for our church."

What do you like best?

Pushpay is simple to use. They have strong campaigns that helped me understand how to use Pushpay. They have excellent customer service. They help you create your own phone app and web application.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything yet that I do not like about the program. Our members seem to like it and use it. We have seen our weekly giving increase.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very compatible with Church Community Builder. Phone apps are helpful for members to use, so we suggest using Pushpay to help create you own for your church. You can also place a Pushpay giving icon on your website.

We are receiving more donations. Many of our members have left cash and checks behind. With the ability of using a debit card or transferring money from thier checking, it is easier on them and saves them time. They can give anywhere, not just when in our church building. Pushpay has also helped us have better accuracy in determining trends and the change in the giving culture.

Administrative Office Assistant

"Do your Research and then Decide"

What do you like best?

I love that it has options of either paying per-giver or a flat monthly rate of $99. It allows you to have an easy process to give online or through a mobile app. If you don't have an application of your own, this is a good place to start. For a fairly newer company (2011) they are not bad!

What do you dislike?

What I don't like is that their communication of changes, whether it is pricing or not, is not very good. Their customer service tries to help but normally never does because they don't comprehend the problems. Instead of taking the time to listen and look into it they try to solve things with easy cover-ups.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pushpay is a company that allows you to manage and track a lot in one space. You pay a good amount for features, so make sure you are able to use them all to get the most out of your money. Some of those features include Campaign Management, Donation Tracking, Donor Database, Gift Management, Mobile Giving, Online Giving, Recurring Donations, & Receipts/statements. Do your research and decide whether this works for you. I know a few companies similar to this that offer more and are around the same price.

This company offers a decent amount of functions. From Donation Management to Event Management to Online Payments and Giving! Before we got our church app this was a nice tool to allow those who wanted a quick and easy way to give an option to give.

UR

"Convenient & Easy Way to Give "

What do you like best?

I love the Pushpay App! I love the recurring giving feature, which allows you to set up automatic giving to a certain organization. I love having an easy way to track my giving transactions, as well as being able to utilize the text-to-give feature. It is so quick and convenient. You can also give to multiple organizations who use Pushpay which is really convenient, especially if you are already a user of Pushpay.

What do you dislike?

As a user, I have enjoyed using Pushpay. The only thing I've found that I disliked was the initial switch from an old platform to Pushpay, I had trouble getting my account switched over and connecting my debit card. I'm sure if I had reached out for help it would've been solved faster than I did alone.

Problems solved would be having a great platform for giving which is user-friendly and provides multiple ways for people to give (app, texting...).

Executive Minister
Religious Institutions

"Quick and easy donation processing"

What do you like best?

I like that returning givers can give in less than 60 seconds. All giving statements are easy to distribute via email and it automatically prints statements that don't have an email.

What do you dislike?

Administering the PushPay account can be quite an undertaking. Not very intuitive interface and reports are very difficult to get accurate due to the way they record transactions. You cannot track fees for each fund which makes it difficult when trying to expense the fees through the correct account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good system overall if you don't have an online giving platform.

PushPay allows us to accept donations via credit card and ACH payments.

Associate Pastor

"Great product for any church!"

What do you like best?

It was so easy to take a look and get set up.

It makes giving and connecting with our church so easy!

What do you dislike?

We weren't very sure how to best roll out something like this to our congregation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into it!

Get it!

Use it!

They provided all kinds of resources on learning the product and find out how to offer it and use it.

Pastor-teacher

"Opened up avenues of giving"

What do you like best?

Pushpay has allowed our church family to give outside of the worship hour on Sundays. Also many younger families use Pushpay as they no longer write checks or give cash. Also Pushpay allows us to have designated accounts for special projects, missions, and needs. Pushpay has also contributed to an increase in giving to our church.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment fully satisfied with Pushpay

Givers who are out of town or working can still give on a weekly or monthly basis which solves the Sunday only offering.

Benefit is increase in giving and simplification of record keeping and tax reporting.

"A true ministry partner"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for Pushpay has led to a dramatic increase of online giving. We use the platform for recurring gifts, camp & conference registrations, and special offerings.

We also enjoy the mobile app for communicating with our congregation!

What do you dislike?

Registration gifts only have a name and email... and it’s sometimes difficult to reconcile. For example, if a grandparent pays for their grandchild to go to camp, we have to research relationships to match up the payment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a pastor or church leader looking for a solid giving platform that will increase online giving, encourage consistent, recurring gifts, and ease accounting functions... LOOK NO FURTHER! Pushpay is simply the beat online giving mechanism I have seen!

Quick and easy batching of our online giving across various accounts has been fantastic.

AR
(Myself Only)

"Great Company For All Your Mobile Giving or Online Giving Needs"

What do you like best?

Pushpay has brought “easy” back into the discussion when it comes to online giving and mobiles giving. With multiple options like Text to give, customizable mobile giving and in-app integration Pushpay is seriously one of the best in the game.

What do you dislike?

I honestly haven’t found anything that has been an issue. They are upfront about their capabilities, they are easy to use. It’s a win win!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you’re looking for an opportunity to reach out to the ones in your congregation who primarily use a debit card and seldom let carry cash or a check book, then Pushpay is a great option!

By using Pushpay, our church has opened the door on many in our congregation that wanted to tithe yet didn’t carry a checkbook or cash on them normally.

"PushPay Review"

What do you like best?

I love how EASY it is to send money through Pushpay. Once your profile is set up, you literally just type in your amount and hit send. You can also set up a recurring amount so it will automatically send as often as you want.

What do you dislike?

I find it odd that when you click to “give” it opens up a web browser. Not sure why it can’t all be done directly from the app.

PushPay has made tithing a much simpler task at our church. People don’t normally carry cash or checks around these days, so having a method to be able to give online is really beneficial.

Youth Pastor

"Easy to use. Wonderful Service!"

What do you like best?

I love that PushPay is so user friendly that anyone can be taught to use it.

What do you dislike?

Any issues I've ever had with PushPay have quickly been remedied by their helpful support staff!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's well worth the investment!

Making giving/tithing easier for church members as well as notifying them of things quickly!

"Great way to tithe!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of hooking up your bank account and being able to tithe to my church. I have been to two different churches that use this software and it has been great each time. The ease of using your smartphone and connected wallet makes it so simple. You can set up reminders or even make it autopay. You can use multiple cards, and it is very easy to choose which card you would like to use. I find that the app is the absolute best! I am able to use this software anywhere I am, whether it be on the road or actually where I am paying.

What do you dislike?

There is not a whole lot that I dislike about this product. I was frustrated until they finally added touch id which made things faster login wise. I found the ease of finding specific businesses that use PushPay to be hard because the names have to be very precise. The app does tend to crash sometimes on my phone, and I have to restart the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! /it's the easiest and most convenient way to pay!

I am able to keep all financial donations in one place instead of many different ones. They keep everything paid in a log as well which makes it great for record keeping. I have liked it saving all of my information so that I don't have to re-enter it as well.

"Easy to use portal & many ways to give!"

What do you like best?

I like that Pushpay works well with Church Community builder! Also like the pushpay portal, easy to run reports to get the information that you need. I also like the texting option, it gives our givers even more ways to give!

What do you dislike?

We switched from a different platform to Pushpay and I wish someone on the implementation team at Pushpay was more helpful, it seemed that I knew more about what was happening then he did.

Pushpay allows our people to give in many different ways. Easy to use and easy to set up reoccurring gifts, which is awesome!

Administration Pastor

"Glad we went with Pushpay"

What do you like best?

Customer care is excellent. Very responsive and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

upfront cost was very high and I worry about not being able to afford the ongoing costs

Still working to transition more users to mobile.

Working to make the app more interactive, informative, and engaging

Lead Pastor

"Fantastic service"

What do you like best?

Pushpay is easy to use, with fantastic customer support

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything I dislike yet about Pushpay

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Well worth the cost

Pushpay assists our church with e-giving solutions

"Early Adopter - VERY Satisfied"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and ease the donors experience and giving.

What do you dislike?

That there is a slight slowdown in response, because the user exits the app momentarily to make a donation.

Our accounting systems are greatly streamlined. Also, my financial team is not handling credit card numbers. Also, it interfaces seamlessly with our church management software.

"Increase in Giving"

What do you like best?

We love the Automated Recurring Giving that allows our people to take advatange.

What do you dislike?

Designating gifts freely is not something that is accessible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize and push all the features included... it pays off(quite literally).

Ease of giving to all members is important to us and PushPay makes that possible.

"Easy To Use "

What do you like best?

PushPay is user friendly for the consumer. It is easy for our members to give

What do you dislike?

Merging records is not an option so I have several members that are listed twice in the system

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure when you set up, you ask for help if you are importing people/donations. I ended up with a mess because I didn't understand how their community worked.

PushPay makes donating easy for people. It gives them a quick way to give

Pushpay Features