Push Operations Reviews & Product Details

Push Operations Overview

What is Push Operations?

Cloud based HR, payroll, time-tracking, and scheduling software that integrates your systems into one easy to use platform. Complete with employee and manager apps for easy schedule changes, shift trades, and time approval. Get automated labor cost tracking as you schedule with POS integrations.

Push Operations Details
English, Spanish

Push Operations is an integrated workforce management system for restaurant owners and managers. It allows users to schedule, track time, process payroll and manage their HR and staff information.

We are an integrated, all-in-one platform that removes the need for three different applications. We link your employee scheduling, time-tracking, HR and payroll together. POS integrations create cost based labor forecasting and scheduling saving your restaurant money and giving you more time to do what you love.

Push Operations
Vancouver, Canada
@pushoperations
125 Twitter followers
Description

Push Operations is an integrated workforce management system made for every restaurant size. It allows restaurants to schedule, track employee time, process payroll and manage their HR and staff information.

Push Operations Screenshots

Push Operations Reviews

Showing 57 Push reviews
Already have Push Operations?
UR
What do you like best?

Easy to use, very intuitive, lots of information available. Is implemented well on both mobile and desktop, and is used in multiple different situations (scheduling, clocking in, comms, etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The availability settings are a bit complicated and require multiple steps to get right. It would be great if you didn't have to press "available" when you're already setting the times that you're free - it makes it feel complicated and can be a bit confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software, one of the best I've used in the restaurant industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling around multiple people's second / third jobs and managing communications internally. Very helpful for on-the-fly scheduling and let's people manage their availability more consistently (can change week-to-week). Also acts as the login system for clocking in and out, saving company $$ from buying a different system for on-site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Service Manager
What do you like best?

Push is helpful because it simplifies scheduling and payroll by keeping it in one tidy place. Our staff love being able use the app to swap shifts, book time off and see their paystubs. Customer service is always helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a lot of bad to say about Push. We see maybe the odd glitch that won't allow staff to book time off, giving the reason that it is past their designated book off time even when it is not. Otherwise I have no real issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling is a breeze, it's really nice to be able to see staff availability right on the same page that the schedule is done. It's very user friendly, and I like that I am easily able to modify and customize our settings to best suit our needs. It is also very handy to be able to message all staff at once either via SMS or email. There are so many helpful functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Push Operations
Director
Financial Services
What do you like best?

System is EASY to use, has A LOT of features that are useful, and whenever I need help it is super fast , friendly AND thorough. I find that if I need something that isn't yet a feature, I think they actually listen to the feedback or suggestions because the features end up on the system at some point. I love it. Made my life easier compared to a bigger more well known company I used in the past which turned out a huge disaster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. When I need something to work for me on the payroll side of it, I can get Push to add it no problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, I think you'll love it. Especially if you are going from manual scheduling and payroll. Great for small business to grow with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In my previous work, combining scheduling and payroll in one as opposed to two separate software/manually doing the work, scheduling hours for multiple departments, sending messages to various groups through the system regarding the schedule or other work related info, reimbursements, getting payment out in time. Also, we had the tablet for when employees would clock in/out of work, that worked really great and made for a more reliable way of validating when employees clocked in/out of work; in my current work, payroll with commissions, reimbursements, vacation pay and the like are so fast to do compared to how I was doing it before - manually and then trying out that terrible bigger known company. I like also how the employees are able to use the system to enter availability, put in requests and other things. Push saves me a lot of time. It's very efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Manager
What do you like best?

This is the best all in one human resources tool we've ever used! Payroll takes a fraction of the time it used to and has allowed us to be on the floor to manage the business from the front end instead of being stuck in the office. All staff hours are tracked via the PUSH Clock and seamlessly managed by the system. Adjustments, deductions and bonuses can than be applied and managed while processing payroll within minutes. Calculating employer expenses associated with payroll overhead are at your finger tips as well as pay stubs immediately available to your staff upon completion of the current pay run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Due to the fact that the software contains sensitive employee information it will time out and kick you out of the log in prompting you to resign in. This can get a bit frustrating but I completely understand the reasoning for it. Necessary for security purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop wasting your valuable time and get on board! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This has allowed our team additional time managing the restaurant from the front end and interacting with our guests instead of being stuck in the office doing administrative work! It also calculates milestones, keeps track of birthdays and important dates that affect our staff and the business. Information sharing is a breeze when it comes to implementing new policy and posting schedules! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tianna Mamalick of Push

Hey Justin,

Thanks for the amazing review. So glad we are meeting your expectations. We will continue to do our best to keep our product and support up to par with this review.

- Tianna

Controller
What do you like best?

Everyone I have dealt with at Push has exceeded my expectations in providing me with resolutions to my queries in a timely manner and with great detail. The interface is super user friendly and makes scheduling and payroll a seamless process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to face any downsides and hope to not face any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've used other platforms before but they were cumbersome and were very manual. Push allows for everything to be streamlined and seamless. The Scheduling function as done manually before but using Push has saved us a lot of time. The clock in and out feature is really helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tianna Mamalick of Push

Hey Stephanie,

Thank you for the review. It's great to hear we have met all expectations. We will keep adding new features to make your life easier.

-Tianna

Manager
Restaurants
What do you like best?

The software is straight forward and easy to learn. It has allowed us to better match staffing to demand and most importantly, control our labour costs. The support staff are friendly, responsive and very knowledgeable. They intuitively understand hourly labour in the hospitality sector. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If PUSH could provide product updates faster it would be appreciated as there are a few areas for improvement with the software (i.e. employees cannot view timesheets on the time clock). But we are grateful for the platform they have developed and the support they continue to provide and are confident that their development team will have a solution within a few months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a small to medium-sized business who is not looking to partner with a larger payroll processor, PUSH should be your first choice. Give them a call, what you hear during the sales pitch is what actually happens after you make the switch - they are who they say they are! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PUSH has afforded us a level of transparency allowing us to drill down and understand exactly where our labour dollars are being spent; by the department, position, employee, and even the hour.

By using PUSH, we have streamlined our payroll processing allowing us to reduce not only the time it takes to run a payroll but also our overall labour costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of it. You can have presets, or you can create from scratch. It will finish pay roll with a click of a mouse and be done by the time I take a sip of coffee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to find the reports you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for simple, this would be your number 1. I've used Ameego and Schedulefly. This tramples them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just trying to find a simple way to get payroll done. This saves me as the General Manager so much time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tianna Mamalick of Push

It's great to hear our product saves you time. That's what we hope to do!

-Tianna

AR
What do you like best?

Support team is always on the ball with providing solutions, tips & tricks for any issues or questions we have and are always incredibly friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Still a relatively new company so they may not have exactly what everyone is looking for in a payroll software, but they are constantly improving and updating their systems to accommodate the needs of their clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They have helped us streamline and automate our payroll process and this has also helped us move closer to our dream of being a 100% paperless company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tianna Mamalick of Push

Thank you for the great review! We have some awesome new features coming down the pipeline like the managers app, auto scheduling, 2factor and vacation. We have a feedback form if you want to submit any features you think may hep our system be a more robust payroll system.

President
What do you like best?

from the start it was a financial decision and then went to one where we were dealing with a company that understood our business and were eager to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

we have multipul busnesses and I think how we need to keep them seperate has been a challenge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excelent company easy to deal with and genuinly care about doing things right. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We come from a much larger compnay that provided our benefit program so the response to our questions and to our suggested changes have been quite helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tianna Mamalick of Push

Hey John,

Thanks for the feedback. We want to make management of different businesses easier. We have an idea form that helps us build out new process's and features. If you have any ideas on how we can make your life a bit easier and save you time fill it out here and we would be happy to figure out a way to fix that! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-bTEf6w4YGh-66trd3MKfxBX-C-pQJqEPO1ypLFvX_xHlYQ/viewform

- Tianna

UF
What do you like best?

Most helpful about PushOperations is that employees can add their availability and once it's confirmed the employer can schedule within their availability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that employees cannot review their hours they already worked. It would be nice if they could review their timesheet after they worked their shifts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has impacted my work as I could put in my availability for shifts so my schedules wouldn't clash with the ones from my other workplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Manager
What do you like best?

Push is capable of doing everything we want, and adds features regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There have been some features they do not have, or are incapable of providing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use and can do everything you need it to. They are always developing new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Push makes calculating things like Stat Holiday pay easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Accounting
What do you like best?

I absolutely love that Push calculates all the Stat Holiday pay for me. What used to take me hours for payroll is literally now 5 minutes. I also love that there is a short lead time needed for direct deposit, I submit my payroll on Tuesday or Wednesday and my employees are paid on that Friday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have anything I dislike about Push, I use several different payroll softwares as a bookkeeper and haven't found anything I wish Push had that others have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it, don't hesitate you won't regret it. There support is AMAZING and so is their product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have solved lengthy payroll runs, scheduling issues by using their scheduling add on for a client. I have solved the problem of employees accessing their pay stubs with Push having access for them through their own logins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Scheduling is very easy, also great that it shows when stat holidays are Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When typing time out, sometimes it doesn't register so I have to manually click the drop down box and select the time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Made schedule much faster. Ability for employees to submit shifts and time off requests at their finger tips makes it easier for them as well, and more receptive on doing so to let me know when they can work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Human Resources Manager
Restaurants
What do you like best?

Push Operations is a streamlined, simple, and easy to use payroll and scheduling platform. In addition to making running payroll and scheduling a breeze, their customer service is beyond exceptional. Their customer support specialists respond to all inquiries within a timely manner and provide quality support at all times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As an HR Manager, I would like to see more tools that would ease my role. While I know they are working on these deliverables, I look forward to hearing more about vacation tracking, turnover reporting and any other system improvements that relate to absenteeism management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Push Operations makes all of our lives easier here at Monarch & Misfits. I have found particular benefits in solving issues that are related to scheduling management and payroll calculations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

We were with a previous payroll provider, however, it was quite limited in its capabilities and functionality. With Push, we are able to not only have our payroll process upgraded but it also incorporated many other functions that we did not previously have such as a scheduler, employee clock-in/out functionality, labour reports etc. Integration was seamless and we got our account up and running in no time. The application is user friendly and the support staff were great in terms of ongoing support when we did have any questions or ran into any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far there haven't been any major flaws that we ran into. It's been great thus far! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Push is a user friendly platform whose integration was seamless. The ongoing support has been great and responses are in a timely fashion. There are many functionalities integrated within the platform that have proven to be useful for our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before I began with this company, there was no systems in place in terms of employees clocking in and out. It was all based on employees submitting hours and was reliant on employees keeping good records of their own and based on honesty. To automate the process and have a time stamp to show clock in/out records, Push alleviated that issue. As well, statutory pay was calculated manually previously which ended up taking up a lot of time. Vacation pay was also calculated manually and banked vacation pay was recorded outside of the system. All in all, Push has helped to automate a lot of processes and allowed us to implement new processes that were dire for the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The streamlined and well-integrated platform offered by PUSH. Plus their support team is very responsive and knowledgeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it feels a little 'bare bones' but for the cost, it is well worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I now have much better insights into where our labour budget is going and I can better ensure we have appropriate staffing levels relative to our hourly sales projections. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tianna Mamalick of Push

Thanks for the review! We are adding new features every day and hopefully some of the new features coming to the product like vacations and auto scheduling help give you more options.

- Tianna

AR
What do you like best?

It makes scheduling easier, payroll easier, Support is very easy to contact and helpful when dealing with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing yet that I have found that I dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just go for it. You won't be disappointed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It just makes everything easier. Scheduling and Payroll are swift and leaves you tons of time to get other office work done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tianna Mamalick of Push

So glad we are meeting your expectations and making things easier!

- Tianna

Human Resources
What do you like best?

The staff working at Push Operations are extremely helpful and prompt when replying to questions. They work with us to help create the enterprise flow with ease in our organization.

The platform is very user friendly and easy for even technologically challenged staff to use. We are very happy with Push Operations and have used several other scheduling/time&attendence/HR platforms previously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are currently working on their Onboarding platform for Push Operations and bringing on new employees. We are looking forward to having this simplified and with a lot more features! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are a great company to work with, and their platform has been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having all of our companies on one platform for scheduling as well as payroll as unified our company and created a lot less chaos. Everything is in one spot and payroll is directly linked to the scheduling system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Push is very user-friendly. It was designed to be used by people of different technological levels. I have found everything to be very intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any downsides to Push other than the time it takes to implement large quantities of new hires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shift approvals, reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I enjoy the user-friendly aspect of the software and the amazing customer service received whenever we have any questions that arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are many great features, however sometimes it takes time to realize those functions are there until we experiment and explore those options, which is part of the fun. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

From and manual payroll process to an online software, we have been able to greatly increase time saved and efficiency in processing payroll for our employees. It has been huge benefit for our team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customer support is on point. Always can reach out and it feels like you're dealing with a small business that really values their clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Controls don't seem very good, there's workarounds to access information which isn't meant to be accessed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easily finding costs for labour Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Restaurant Operations Manager
Hospitality
What do you like best?

Love that it is easy to learn and use with lots of useful tools for the employee and the employer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike but would like to see a few more features. I understand the team is continually working on improving it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping an eye on labour. Giving the employees useful tools to communicate information re: availability, scheduling, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I love the web interface. It's clear and easy to use and makes running payroll a breeze. Scheduling is incredibly easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

All the emails notifying you about a change in the schedule of someone else..(like, so many times to say the same thing...) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its gonna make a big difference Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I worked in a restaurant for part time and it was incredible the way this worked, the ability it gives the staff to find their own replacements for shifts. I can post the schedule and if anyone wants to trade or give up a shift, I know that the other person has accepted the change by the shift swap request. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use and has many options for customization. Customer service is even better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I can not approve time off requests or shift trades via the app. I also cannot edit the schedule . Another item that would be useful is to be able to add a note when I decline a time off request. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staff like the ability to be able to see everyone’s schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Always a friendly staff member to promptly answer the phone and try to help with any questions or concerns I have.

Having employees payroll and vacation history available whenever they need it.

I haven't had a problem while running payroll that the PUSH staff couldn't fix day of. This is important to me because I always want to make sure that my employees are paid on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few background technical glitches with some reports, running payroll etc.

Employees have complained about not being able to access their pay stub through the PUSH mobile app.

I don't like how they removed all the 2017 earning and deductions now that we are in 2018. So I couldn't look back and see what vacation or meal benefit I had entered in for specific employees once January 2018 came along. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great system and very easy to use for the amount of employees I deal with (~100).

With a bit of a smaller staff I am able to track mistake fairly easily and PUSH will always help fix the error I would in a speedy and professional way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accurate and speedy ROE processing. Ability to have T-4's online for staff Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Push?