Priority Engine Reviews & Product Details

Demand Marketing Generalist
What do you like best?

The most helpful part of Priority Engine is the team. They are always there to explain and offer help and insights. The upside of using is that we are getting great quality leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One downside for the is the complexity of building lists, I was the process was a little more straight forward I know the P.E. team is wiling to help me build list but I would like to feel confident in doing it myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of quality lead generation to funnel to our marketing and sales teams. Benefits we've realized is creating focused list and letting the tool do the work for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Priority Engine Overview

What is Priority Engine?

TechTarget's Priority Engine is a SaaS-based platform that delivers direct, real-time access to the most active accounts and prospects ranked by their level of purchase intent and engagement to help enterprise B2B technology organizations improve ABM performance, increase sales productivity and maximize demand generation success. The platform provides exclusive third-party intent insights on the topical interests of accounts, recency and relevancy of activity, vendor considerations and installed technology.

Priority Engine Details

Priority Engine, improves marketing and sales by providing direct access to real buyers at priority-ranked accounts.

TechTarget
@TechTarget

Priority Engine Videos

Priority Engine Reviews

Showing 127 Priority Engine reviews
Already have Priority Engine?
What do you like best?

There are lots of options in the marketplace to track buying intent signals. But most solution providers don't offer people to market to, in addition to account scoring/ranking. Priority Engine offers both: intelligence on which accounts are researching topics relevant to your solution offering AND the people within those companies doing that research. We've also heard very positive feedback from our sales team that utilizes Priority Engine data on their own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any dislikes. One draw-back that I've heard is that the intent monitoring isn't the whole internet, just TechTarget's digital properties. That isn't a really problem for us, because the upside up that approach, is that you receive TechTarget subscribers to market to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Driving engagement with prospects from accounts within our target market, at a very high volume. We are also able to apply our strategies globally, using TechTarget because they are very buttoned-up regarding GDPR and other compliance laws. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development Representative
What do you like best?

TechTarget's Priority Engine platform makes it incredibly easy to find the right qualified leads and their accurate direct contact information ... all in one place. The quality of the leads and organization style of the platform are both great and there are rarely any leads included in the engine that is not accurate.

I have also seen a massive increase in open rates from the emails that I send out from leads captured in the TechTarget, in my first email I get around a 43% open rate, and by the second email, I'm still at a 31% open rate. Compared to 10-15% open rates from unqualified leads that I find myself through LinkedIn or internet searches. The TechTarget qualification process definitely improves the open rate because the people you want to be talking to are also actively looking for solutions in your field and from the products, you are selling. It is like the lead is warm right from the start! Very useful.

It has an advantage over something like LinkedIn Sales Navigator because the leads are more qualified and have a better chance of converting to meetings or sales.

The user interface is also very intuitive and visually appealing. I don't mind spending a lot of time in the platform with all of the information that is presented to me right away without having to go hunting for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are almost no negative things to talk about for the Priority Engine. The only dislike that I have is that it gives each account/prospect a star rating out of 5 stars, to signal how qualified the lead is, but it doesn't provide much of an explanation as to where those star ratings are generated from.

On occasion, there is some contact information provided by third parties, not from TechTarget themselves, such as information from DiscoverOrg that is not always accurate. I have had trouble contacting these people via LinkedIn or Email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The key to getting the most out of your experience with using Priority Engine is to continue to use it on a weekly, if not daily basis, as the leads generate new once a week. As with anything, sales is a numbers game so it is a good practice to go through all of the MQL leads that Priority Engine provides and then contact them via email, call or LinkedIn to try and set up an initial meeting.

If you continue to use Priority Engine on a frequent basis, you will see more meetings booked as a Sales Development Representative and more qualified leads to fill your pipeline as an Account Executive/Account Manager or in a Sales Leadership position. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the Priority Engine primarily to source leads and then contact them to book meetings. We have seen a slight uptick in SQL meetings booked after implementing Priority Engine into our workflow.

I personally use the Priority Engine on a weekly basis, in my role as a combined Sales Development Representative and Account Manager. I am able to book more meetings for my sales team to take on and generate a more qualified pipeline for myself in my AM role. It's a great tool overall! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

In my role, we are largely working with Channel Partners to bring in deals. As you can imagine this is a give and take type relationship (as most are) which can prove to be a bit difficult when you are working on all whitespace accounts. With TechTarget, I have been able to put accurate lead/account info in front of established partners to help them target their own customers better while also providing new account insight for some of our smaller boutique type customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found anything to complain about.If i had a "nice to have" list I guess I do wish I had a bit more liberty to see my entire territory and accounts that fall into it that may/may not not already be in my CRM.It would be helpful to uncover new accounts. Also a bit more liberty to edit account sets would be nice -- since it is derived from our CRM it has a few duplicate/incorrect accounts (not to TT fault). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. In my role, we are largely working with Channel Partners to bring in deals. As you can imagine this is a give and take type relationship (as most are) which can prove to be a bit difficult when you are working on all whitespace accounts. With TechTarget, I have been able to put accurate lead/account info in front of established partners to help them target their own customers better while also providing new account insight for some of our smaller boutique type customers.

2. Sometimes, (and by sometimes I mean often) customers ghost you after one meeting. By being able to look into accounts to see who may be researching topics helps to pivot when deals get stale.

3. It has been extremely helpful with my SDR. SDR work can be grueling and monotonous if you don’t have a direction. Tech Target has allowed my SDR and I be more strategic with who we are inputting our energies into rather than throwing spaghetti at a wall and hoping it sticks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Contact-specific intent data that's collected on Tech Target's owned websites with content that is relevant to my buyers. No black box intent data.

Great platform that helps my reps and BDRs see who's in market and then map out the buying team based on who's researching rather than guessing based on job titles.

Also fabulous people to work with across the board. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You need to have a strong program in place so that your BDRs and reps will actually use and act on this data. It's a big investment so make sure you're ready to use the information and get value from it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can see at the account and contact level what vendors and topics are being researched, and who's consuming our content. That gives us great insight into who's actually in market and who makes up the buying team.

This is helping us drive up the number of discovery calls and new business meetings that we book. And it's giving reps insights into the account even as the deal progresses through the pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This product takes away the aspirational part of prospecting. Often when prospecting for new business its all about hoping you find the right people with the right title at the right time. With TechTarget and everything in life, hope is not a strategy. TechTarget provides actionable information in pretty much real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downside is the price. This is a very expensive tool even though it gives a lot of leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use TT to provide more quality leads for our team to prospect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

The best thing about Priority Engine is that it helps my team prioritize our outreach at the beginning of every week. Subsequently, it also provides relevant contacts to reach out to, and insights as to what technology they are currently leveraging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Priority Engine doesn't update with new companies very often and many times will pull current customers or those I'm also in the midst of an evaluation with because they've visited our website. I've found it very difficult to create lists and have those lists populate accurately. Historically, I've needed to go back through the Priority Engine success team in order to update any lists or reflect changes in my territory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rather than play the numbers game and hope that my cold outreach is aligned with possible technology evaluation, Priority Engine provides a warmer approach. The platform oftentimes provides the other areas of interest or competitive interests. This helps my team and I not only confident that our timing is likely appropriate but helps us position ourselves and our solution effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Sarah Geissler of Priority Engine

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your feedback! I did want to let you know that with the Priority Engine Salesforce integration, you can sync any view from Salesforce to create your own list view. This list view could, for example, exclude any open opportunities, so that you can find the active accounts you aren’t already working on.

For questions on your Salesforce Integration, you can contact your Customer Success Representative.

Senior Sales Manager
What do you like best?

The latest update really helps to identify who in a prospective organization is researching specific types of technologies for potential projects. It's great to know what exactly was interacted with on my company's website so that when it comes time to engage the information if relevant and specific to their interest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Better integration with CRMs (Salesforce, SalesLoft, etc.) Click to push to save as much time as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Vet that the data is qualified for your industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to have a pulse on prospects that are seeking solutions around my company's offerings, I'm then able to identify and engage them appropriately. Without this information, I'm less equipped to identify and engage the right prospects for my company's offering. This is valuable and saves a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Account info pertaining to who is looking up backup and cloud solutions. It is a solid resource for our sales and marketing departments to find information on new accounts that we are looking at breaking into. It has also proved useful for expanding into existing enterprise accounts where we are trying to map which departments are actively researching new solutions or actively working on projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The timeline of when these leads are looking up information. It is difficult to find out when people have been researching products and the ranking of combinations in technology.

I wish there was better mapping about the subsidiary accounts that fall under global 2000 or Fortune 500 listings so we can keep track of where the different departments are moving projects forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it for looking up active projects for technology, for prospecting into accounts that you may have limited info on, and for finding out which technologies they have. Trying to cross-check the leads against Linkedin will be useful to make sure the data that you're turning into Salesforce or your CRM is a good idea because occasionally the leads don't fall into the right buckets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to figure out who is actively seeking new solutions. Our focus is on finding companies who are actively researching public cloud projects, storage projects, and backup projects and tech target has helped us find some of that information. It is also good for finding contact info for leads that we haven't already uploaded from discover org or another platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regional Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

The weekly updates with timely information on which accounts, and now prospects to target is invaluable to sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the more priority engine continues to build on insights the better it will get as in who from the account visited company website; the other downside would be that not all of our whitespace accounts have data/profiles in PE Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

targeting prospecting and warmer conversations with prospects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Account Manager
What do you like best?

The most helpful and powerful part of Priority Engine is the ability to lookup technologies which may be in-use throughout their environment. This benefit, in particular, is effective at striking up new conversations with Premier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to tell what the contacts engaged in, and more specifically, the content they reviewed. In addition to the lack of granularity, I think the main downfall is the inability to gauge when the contact clicked or accessed your services. Without dates or at the very least identifying if the content was accessed within 30, 60, or 90 days, we have to dig around more for information via other services at Microsoft to add context to what we are seeing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider Priority Engine as your go-to research tool for when you know your counterpart is actively researching solutions.

Alternatively, the integration with HG Insights is incredibly powerful to understand what a customer's technology stack looks like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Priority Engine was shared with one of the Enterprise Account Teams I work with and they are using the tool to identify cost-consolidation opportunities to help a customer complete a "use-what-you-own" sales-motion. They may have purchased Microsoft licenses for technologies that other parts of the org are not leveraging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

You gain incredible competitive advantage having near real time updates on buying activity to target the key influences and decision makers on the buying team, customize presentations and discussions and monitor the stage of the deal. At the same time you know who is on the buying team, who can be recruited as internal champions and have key contact information for follow-up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've run across several instances where the account highlights don't include some contact downloads or higher value buying activity. Also, it would be great with the weekly reports to know which accounts were there the previous week and which are new. I am doing this manually and sending the list to the account teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can't afford to be without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem is having accurate contact information and multiple contacts into an account. Priority Engine changes the landscape for selling with accurate info. I send account updates weekly to my sales teams of the hot prospects, that in turn motivates the sales reps to read my emails and follow-up on the leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The quality of the data is high. I particularly like that if someone has downloaded your content it shows who and what content has been downloaded. I also like the ability to email directly from PE (time saver) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were additional filters to use for the custom queries and ways to see who visited your website even if they did not download content. And besides the exports from your queries, I wish there was an export function so that you can make call lists for the out reach cadence. I wish there was the ability to direct call from PE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the trainings and support from the PE account team as they really try to simply your searches/queries and provide best practice guidance for usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cold outreach with personalized messaging to increase hit rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Marketing
What do you like best?

The best part about Priority Engine are the people behind it. Everyone from the account team to the reporting team are top-notch. The support they have provided has been superb. They are constantly reaching out to us proactively to suggest ways in which we can optimize the tool better. Because of their strong support, our sales team is already nurturing several leads with large government, non-profit and business organizations -- in less than six months! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It is a great tool. I would highly recommend it to any company looking to accelerate their time to close. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you have both sales and marketing at the table during the orientation. You will get up and running optimally much more quickly that way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving two related problems. First, we are able to syndicate our premium content to targeted, qualified prospects. From there, we are able to connect quickly with those prospects to gauge their interest in our solution early on in the buying cycle. This has helped us to speak with champions, influencers and purchasing decision makers in a much more timely fashion, allowing us to be right in the mix with much larger, more well known and well funded competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the new feature of "Your Top Prospects." This gives me a much better idea of which topics the individual is looking at vs. which topics my account is looking at. This gives me a better chance of sending more detailed informatino. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to see the specific research articles referenced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Priority Engine gives me a better sense of which topics my customers are thinking about - even if it's beyond our core competency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Video Collaboration Specialist
What do you like best?

Seeing which companies are looking at tools right now. It is very helpful being able to tell what companies may or may not be thinking about products that are in our space. It is also helpful being able to see what tools they are currently evaluating, or even which stage they are in the decision making process. If there are confirmed projects that is even more beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is often incorrect - once a contact was listed as a buyer and that he had downloaded Zoom content and was in IT. I called him and he said he went to a tech conference 10 years ago and has been getting IT calls ever since but his role had NOTHING to do with collab tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a helpful tool for sales employees, and I recommend it for guidance in terms of prioritization of accounts and contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems include information being inaccurate, including contacts, technology, and buying team. I have benefited from the recent update which allows us to click right into linkedin - that is helpful. It also helps prioritize which accounts to go after, even if the information isn't always correct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

Showing the correct contacts that are relevant for each topic. However, there is a lot of noise when there are sales reps at those companies looking at my company to try and sell them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inaccuracy, not a lot of meetings generated. Don't know if people are looking for jobs or trying to invest/learn without wanting to buy. There is also a lot of noise when reaching out to investment firms which shows "prospects" when they are investment analysts trying to invest into my company. Sometimes I reach out to these prospects and they say they have no initiatives related to the topics shown. More often than not, it is highly inaccurate and hasn't produced much fruits to my labor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't take all the people and topics to heart, use it as pure guidance for prospecting. A lot of confusion can be created when sales people at other companies are trying to sell to your company. The idea is good but I believe it is a little bit of snakeoil since TechTarget isn't the primary source of people looking for IT vendors. The experience so far has been so-so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Initial guidance for accounts and active prospects for outreach are my two main reasons for using TechTarget. I haven't had much success using the platform, as stated before. I believe cold outreach has more success than using TechTarget as a guideline. I would highly recommend people be wary when using TechTarget for prospecting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Tech Target prospects, knowing who is engaged in content and what they are consuming. Buying cycles and buying intent is great intel. I love that LinkedIn profiles are usually linked, so it is easier for me to connect with them professionally. I like that it is live data and changes as account become more or less engaged. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes email addresses are not business addresses. I know that is not TT's fault but makes it tricky to talk to prospects. I wish we could see exact content the customer is consuming. the topics are helpful but it would be nice to know if it is competitive content or just OEM content. It also may assist in knowing what to share as a 'next step' Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think you have to try it for yourself to understand its benefits. For a new sales rep or marketing professional, it provides great assistance and data. I think you have to be fully immersed in the tool. I use email alerts for new accounts and check daily if the account i am working on shows any intent signs. I think the tool needs to be used as a whole for complete acceptance and usefulness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has given me intelligent conversations to have with customers and prospects and i am able to bring in the right experts and partners earlier into the discussion. Having the inside information helps the sales cycle go quicker and helps me prepare for meetings. It makes the sales cycle much easier and I think your customers trust you more because you are bringing things of value to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Sarah Geissler of Priority Engine

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your feedback! I'm happy to let you know that with our latest Priority Engine release you can see the exact topics your prospects are personally researching and content they are downloading. For more information about this upgrade, contact your customer success manager.

What do you like best?

Accurate exports of individuals when they are looking for your Product or Service. Gives us weekly insights on the accounts that we are both prospecting and have as current customers. We are able to have more meaningful, customized conversations that help direct our marketing messages. Our nurture programs have been positively affected by increasing our deliverability and click to open rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one addition I would make is to segment by job title to run campaigns. This would just provide one more segmentation to make your messaging more relevant. For example, if we want to export those with high intent that are system administrators, we cant at this point. The other addition would be to have the ability to upload more that one target account list on each segmentation. i.e. upload your target account list and look at also adding your list of competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize this product as a way to connect with buyers currently in the market. Another benefit is the ability to have "opted in" individuals in your marketing database that are GDPR compliant. When looking at Priority engine, first have your business use case in mind and visualize how you will utilize the product in your marketing mix. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Expanding our "buying team" and being able to talk to more than just 1-2 individuals that would influence a decision. This has given our sales development team the ability to connect with more people and lead in with the messaging of "we are working with (insert name) at your company. That way, they are able to connect with us first hand. Additionally, our paid ad team is able to utilize our exports and surging accounts to generate a target list for ABM campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Marketing Operations
What do you like best?

The data integration of both our programs with TechTarget and web traffic from our site and helping our teams focus on the prospects that are showing the best intent signals. The tool helps our sales team quickly see which prospects are engaged and showing intent for our products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A strong integration with SFDC and marketing tools would be the next level to really get the most out of the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Focus on getting your team comfortable with Priority Engine. We created short manuals and held group and one-on-one sessions to enable the team to fully utilize the tool. Check-in frequently with both the Priority Engine team and your own team to ensure success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have enabled our sales teams to see which accounts are engaged with our website and other programs. Our teams are seeing confirmation of many of the conversations they are having as well as new prospects that they might not otherwise have been aware of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily filter by region and that I can see recent activity, when certain content was viewed. I also like that there is LinkedIn integration so I can be brought right to prospects' profiles Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to see which accounts have been viewed already. It is also an administrative burden to pull leads out and be able to track their activity. Tech Target wants their customers to pay an export fee for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the information on here with a grain of salt. I would still treat many of these leads as cold when conducting outreach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For the most part, these leads can be touched numerous times and never yield responses or results. This makes me feel like their information is available to so many vendors that mine do not stand out. What it is good for is seeing where there might be projects and where and when our offering might be a good fit for certain accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The new Priority Engine provides top targets, by company and by interest which enables you to find the most interested companies or the most interested parties. This has enabled me to focus my attention to where it was most likely to create activity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was not able to search users by job function, and I had many people in my list that were searching for cloud, but I was only interested in people looking at cloud that were part of the storage team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Developing contacts/leads for our GTM looking to migrate storage either locally or to the cloud Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Warming up the leads with customized client oriented content and targeting the right prospects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Prospects don't remember the activity they have done through TechTarget which makes my call sound unsolicited Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting to right targets in time and customizing my emails with the right keywords that strike a conversation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.