PracticePanther Reviews & Product Details

Paralegal
What do you like best?

For one, the search function is incredible! The billing process is extremely easy compared to the previous software we were using and we are capturing more billable time with how the system uses a timer and makes it easy to create a billable entry. Also, it has proved the best in getting my boss to complete tasks assigned to him. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I hit the "back" button it does not bring up the screen I was previously on and I have to navigate back to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As mentioned above, the billing process is helping us capture more billable time and I am getting my boss to complete more work more efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PracticePanther Overview

What is PracticePanther?

Attorneys - Join the most innovative legal case management software! Tens of thousands of lawyers in over 170 countries use PracticePanther to automate their firms, and get more done in less time. Work from anywhere, on any device, with the mobile apps. Get world-class support by phone, email, or live chat. Spend less time managing your firm, and more time making money. Try it yourself - it's simple, user-friendly and intuitive. No credit card needed.

PracticePanther Details
English, Spanish

Simple and secure law practice management software for lawyers and firms. Case management, time tracking, & more

PracticePanther
2012
Miami Beach, FL
@practicepanther

PracticePanther Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the PracticePanther community
Have you used PracticePanther before?

PracticePanther Reviews

Showing 31 PracticePanther reviews
Already have PracticePanther?
UL
What do you like best?

Ease of use; I found this product to be very easy to learn and for my employees to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Panther does not integrate as easily, reliably, or as well as it should with Outlook, OneDrive, and Box. It also does not offer any good options for attorneys with multiple offices or calendars. The billing system has some positive points, but also has a lot of issues and errors (which, after 9 months of them telling me I was doing something wrong, one of their tech people suddenly fixed without explanation). Tech support is great sometimes and other times not less than wonderful. Pre-COVID tech support response time was quite good and now it often takes a long while to get someone to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit is ease of use. It is fairly easy to add new people into your practice and get them using this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attorney
What do you like best?

Billing is quite easy in this program. That's all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tech support is a joke. You can't call, you must use their chat feature. They have not been able to solve my issues with features PP promotes but do not work and, after 3 months, I have no idea who is working on my issues. Nobody takes ownership! These are features, such as contact synching and saving email threads, that PP's competitors have mastered.

Also, like many of their competitors, they are spending too much time on new features for things like smartphones, when what what is really needed is to improve the desktop experience. There are too many inefficiencies that remain un-corrected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

All things considered, I'd probably go with Clio over PP. Several featured in PP just do not work, like the intra-office chat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better billing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I like that Practice Panther is cloud based, as that makes accessing data outside of the office easy and seamless. It is great to be able to access info right at your fingertips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that Practice Panther does not have in comparison to other case management software, like Time Matters. It is a pain to have to open multiple Practice Panther tabs to say make a call and have to look up a contact. Also the events won't populate into templates which creates extra work to set those up as you then have to create custom fields, etc. Having to create the work arounds for these shortcomings is unfortunate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop and compare features with your current system before switching over. It is hard to recapture the ease and features of our old software. The only benefit in my opinion is the cloud system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefit is obviously the cloud based system. It helps to make accessing data and documents outside of the office easy. That may be the only true benefit in comparison to our old software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

It can be accessed from any web based platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The templates created on a desktop stays on storage in that local drive and do not sync on line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good program, but like anything, you must give take the time to learn it to maximize it features. It does lack some things that Time Matters has, and I have suggested to the developer many times about some improvements. The developer always responds and says it will send to the engineering or technical department, but never gets back to us if the idea was accepted or rejected or in progress, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems are with some of the lack of customization. For example, in the Add Call feature, there is no drop-down contact list on that screen, so you have to either memorize it before hand or have 2 PP screens open to refer back to the contact's information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Everything about this CRM is great! Billing, Contacts, Matters, cloud access for clients, online payments available for clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't communicate well with Quickbooks Online, which I suspect is a defect in QBO rather than PP. Deposits were being doubled in QBO, which was endlessly frustrating & time consuming to fix. We ended up deleting the communication between the two. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great CRM, highly recommend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's one central place for all things client related. I wish we were using it more than we are; we're only using about 25% of everything we could be using it for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attorney at Law
What do you like best?

How Practice Panther allows me to organize my legal practice in nearly a one-stop shopping for all of my management needs. Also, PracticePanther's tech support team is second to none. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had to find something to dislike it would be that some expense sync in QuickBooks as "Panther Sales" under income. However, this such an easy correction when completing monthly reconciliations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend to anyone considering PracticePanther to take advantage of the one-on-one tutoring sessions. These were very helpful as I considered purchasing the software, and after purchase. Also, if you want superior tech support, then PracticePanther is definitely the software to have for any solo practice firm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Practice Panther allows me to solve the problem of how to organize and manage all of my business files, developing workflows, tracking client communications, and documents. Also, it helps me with client billing, expenses, court calendaring, and notifications to clients regarding tasks, court appearances and meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I’m still getting familiar with the product but so far I like how it helps me manage client matters, schedule accordingly, manage payments (using LawPay), and just help me have a solid “snapshot” of the current state of my new solo practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Intake form creator. I wish I could upload my existing forms as part of the “workflow.” I also find the invoicing/reconciliation process a little confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overall management of clients, matters, events. It helps me not worry about someone “slipping through the cracks.” Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ms
What do you like best?

It is pretty easy to use and isn't exceptionally difficult to learn, you simply need to ensure you put the time and vitality in to it. It functions admirably with our email framework and charging purposes. Practice Panther is community oriented and is great at helping us monitor how much time we are spending on cases with the end goal for customers to feel that they are accepting something of significant worth for their cash. Their client administration line is responsive, and we have constructed an extraordinary association with Ori and Seth on the Practice Panther group. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that little changes can frequently get neglected by their tech office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would prescribe this item to different organizations. Additionally, on the off chance that you need prevalent technical support, at that point PracticePanther is certainly the product to have for any performance practice firm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having the capacity to streamline our cases and charging. We can ensure we monitor where a case stands. Our group can get to data from anyplace on the planet with a web association in all respects effectively. This truly helps ensure that our office is in agreement with any case at some random time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Associate
What do you like best?

Out of all of the competitors I researched, Practice Panther had the best balance of CRM and accounting features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integration with gmail is somewhat unpractical at this stage. I don't have the time to go to Practice Panther and generate a code and bcc that code every time I send an email, nor do I remember to enable the Gmail add-on. I wish there was a way to suggest filing locations for recognized contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Practice Panther has made billing substantially easier than it was with TimeSolv. From securely saving payment information to customizing invoices, our billing process is much more refined than it used to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO and Co-Founder
What do you like best?

PracticePanther's support has been better than any software provider I have ever used. I was actually amazed at how quick they respond and they don't pass the buck. The links through out the software give you the opportunity to ask questions everywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish they did better was to have a visual builder for workflows. What they do have is still better than the other practice management softwares (because I tested all the major ones). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I picked practice panther based on how they built the software. They have cut no corners and allow for almost infinite flexibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PP helps our team store client information, see where we are making money, allows for everyone to communicate, and drive communication with our clients. My team loves it. And it is fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can track time and bill clients directly from practice panther. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the way calendar entries are reminded. The pop up option is not that amicable. I would suggest a pop-up window. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s the best option for law firms who look to organize their processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing and time-tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Partner
Law Practice
What do you like best?

We switched to practice panther from timesolv. We didn't like Timesolv's reporting, or usability. We LOVE PracticePanther's insights into time worked, time billed, and time collected. We also like the ease of payments for clients, and the integrated credit card processing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cost. We think it's still a little expensive, and there is no cost differentiation between lawyers and paralegals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've been able to bill more time, more efficiently, and reduce days to collect fees from our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Everything. From client management, matter management, case records and calendaring, invoicing, payment processing, client portal, etc etc you name and PracticePanther has it. If it doesn’t, tell them...if it makes sense, chances are you will see it as a new feature soon. Very responsive to client feedback and requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Truly. It’s great. Perhaps a way control mailsync via smallurl formats but I’m pretty sure I just haven’t made it to there in the tutorials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All of my office, case, billing, etc management goes through it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Practice Panther is very much user friendly. It allows a non-technological savvy person to use with ease and comfort. It is mobile friendly and can be used on a MAC or PC. I can access panther anywhere at any time. I can contact customer service for assistance when I am stuck and they do a screen share to help me understand or learn something. Definitely their customer service is a life saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the lack of adding additional fields with ease. The fields also are very small; cant manipulate enough information in the fields Honestly, I have more likes then dislikes and its on my top recommendations for software in order to properly run a law firm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a trial run, you will not be sorry. It will increase your productivity, organization, understanding of your business practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it allows for better invoice tracking. it helps to input info in real time. I have realized what employees are productive and which employees need to be more productive. Its an excellent tool that allows us in management to make recommendations to staff to increase productivity (money). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I honestly love how easy this software is to figure out. I didn’t need any tutorials on how to add a client or how to add a new matter. The fact that you can build links to templates so that the information we plug in can transfer to the template is incredible. Makes my job that much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do have to say that the fact that we can have two main contacts on a client name or company name and have them tie to many different cases as opposed to just one really doesn’t work for a firm that has a client that manages about 20 properties and each property has their own separate manager. The billing needs improvements to make more sense and less complicated as well as the refund process. Sending out invoices should be simplified as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to easily open a file, create the documents needed and get them on their way within minutes because of the templates that Practice Panther allowed us to create. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

It is the best law practice management system out there. It helps us keep our cases organized and up to date. It is pretty user friendly and is not very hard to learn, you just need to make sure you put the time and energy in to it. It works well with our email system (Outlook) and billing purposes. Practice Panther is very collaborative and is wonderful at helping us keep track of how much time we are spending on cases in order for clients to feel that they are receiving something of value for their money. Their customer service line is very responsive, and we have built a great relationship with Ori and Seth on the Practice Panther team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not have a sales function built it. Ideally, we would like a system that is the "end all be all" for our practice. Practice Panther covers about 80% of what we need it to do - which is great, but there are still many features that could be added or revised. Calendaring is sub-par. Little tweaks can often get overlooked by their tech department (we've been using PP for 2.5 years and there are still a few little nuances that could have been solved by now that would honestly make the software even better). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Practice Panther is good. It has the potential to be great. If you are considering other law practice management systems, I would go with Practice Panther. My firm and I spent countless hours doing research on the systems available in the marketplace, and Practice Panther is the ONLY one by FAR I was comfortable moving forward with. They are the fastest growing, most competitive system on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to streamline our cases and billing. We are able to make sure we keep tabs on where a case stands. Our team can access information from anywhere in the world with an internet connection very easily. This really helps make sure that our office is on the same page with any case at any given time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CL
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and that you can get support at any time and very quick at responding. Also that I can connect Google Calendar with it and Lawpay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it still seems like they are working bugs out and not as advanced as other software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is basic and ha what you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to do everything on Practice Panther and not having to use different programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Legal Secretary
Law Practice
What do you like best?

I really like the color coding for all of the users in the office. It makes it easier to see what is going on with everyone's schedules. Calendaring is very easy and the billing makes it a breeze. Inputting payments being made and withdrawing money from client trust accounts to reflect on their invoices is easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you cannot search in the calendar for previous clients or appointments by name or phone number. I also wish that we can select contact information when making an appointment in the calendar. I have to go to the client info to get a number and then switch back to the calendar to input the information. There should be a drop down tab after the matter is selected to allow you to select a contact number to add to the appointment. Furthermore, I would like the ability to make the font bigger on the screen. It is sort of small on my monitor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am still learning panther but it is getting easier to use each time. I would recommend this product to other businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing has become a breeze. It is so much easier to keep track of billing since switching to panther. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Law Practice
What do you like best?

Ease of use. Easy to learn. Relatively inexpensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Still missing some features that I had when I used Timeslips, but they are slowly catching up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing, scheduling Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Practice Panther is a really easy software to use, and has all the basic features needed to begin a small practice or operate as a solo practitioner. From invoicing to scheduling, Practice Panther is a well-rounded program that allows you to carry on your practice with organization and ease. In addition, Practice Panther has an application that works on cell phones and tablets, allowing the user to keep their practice close at hand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Practice Panther is not an accounting software, and they fail to recognize the need for certain basic accounting options. For example, Practice Panther does not allow a user to generate a report or print-out with all of the client's financial transactions, such as money going in and money being invoiced out. This sort of report is critical for a well-organized practitioner who is closing out an account and would like to send the client an overview of their transactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Practice Panther is very dependable software for a small firm or solo practitioner. It does not seem like the software is sufficient for a medium or large firm, however, for smaller practices it is perfect and decently priced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Practice Panther allows me to solve scheduling conflicts since it maintains a master calendar where multiple users can keep their appointments organized. This has been a really important tool since physical calendars are nearly impossible to synchronize with multiple people, especially when these calendars require last minute changes and updates to keep everyone involved aware of conflicts and openings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Intuitive interface: Contacts (clients) are linked to matters. Non-client contacts can be linked to matters as "relationships" (e.g., opposing counsel, clerk's office). Easy Invoicing: I can include billable hours, customized flat fees & expenses, discounts, & outstanding balances on other matters. I can upload & link files (e.g., docket sheet) to each matter. Customizable time entry categories & hourly rates. Easy mobile access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Things I'd like to see: more customizable Dashboard (e.g., to automatically show a one-month period starting on a date other than the 1st of the month instead of having to reset it every time). Ability to assign payments to more accounts. An easier way to fix invoice/payment entry errors not discovered until after payment. Lower rate to add 1 person to account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out to see if it works for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to keep track of hours, bill, and manage my practice using just one program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

It was a lot more user friendly than MyCase. I liked how it integrated into my law firm's other systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think too many things needed to be put in manually when I believe it could have populated automatically. Didn't work as well with my personal injury workflows as it did my civil/family ones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The demo helped me create my own organizational system. We went with MyCase for the price ultimately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Easy to learn. Very simple, logical layout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had a cloud for document uploads and email so that we had a complete client's file in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

So quick and easy to create detailed invoices, and time tracking helps us better manage our work day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attorney
Legal Services
What do you like best?

I really enjoyed using this product because it was much user friendly and cheaper than Clio Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a little overwhelming when I first opened it, but the video to help was useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Much cheaper and user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Legal Assistant Paralegal
Law Practice
What do you like best?

I enjoyed how easy it was to share between profiles and the ability to communicate via the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more of a dedicated phone log. That, in the end is why we decided not to continue using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use a different system for a call log, this is a great option. Customer service is wonderful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharing documents, establishing tasks, communicating across the law office. The ability to do this in real time is handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.