Powtoon Reviews & Product Details

UP
What do you like best?

I like the easy-to-navigate canvas. It's much more intuitive than it was in the early days. I also like the way I keep seeing them innovate. They are always looking for ways to improve upon the product components as well as the user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Early on, I found it really hard to figure out the interface. Now, things are more intuitive and also there is a lot less clicking around because they allow you to make many changes directly from where you're working on the canvas. That saves a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're seeking easy-to-use software to create explainer videos, I would suggest Powtoons. Not only do they have templates that you can start with, but they have a lot of various images, sounds and animations that you can use. They provide you with all the basics for getting started. What I also like is that they have music as well. So you basically have a canvas and all the pieces to create an out-the-door animation that you can be proud of.

An added bonus is that they have the best support. They are responsive and helpful and you feel well taken care of. I highly recommend them to anyone exploring animated videos for their business.

The support team really makes this an excellent investment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating videos for personal use. I've made a few videos and people were completely amazed with the results. One even got passed around a large organization because I highlighted my experience with them with a video I created with Powtoon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Powtoon Overview

What is Powtoon?

Powtoon is the leading visual communication platform that enables anyone to create professional-looking and engaging videos and presentations in minutes, without any design or technical skills. More than 30 million people, including 96% of the Fortune 500 companies, use Powtoon to engage their audience — be it for corporate training and L&D, HR, internal comms, marketing, sales, and more. Founded in 2012, Powtoon has offices in London, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Ukraine, and the Philippines. With Powtoon you can easily create your own free (or paid) studio-quality HD live and animated videos — eliminating the high cost of hiring a video production team. Powtoon offers a huge library of professionally-designed templates, scenes, characters, props, videos, soundtracks, and more. Upload your own media, videos, GIFs, images, voiceovers, and anything you need to get your audience to care, connect, and act.

Powtoon Details
Arabic, English, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Powtoon and Slides combine the power of animation w/ Awesome design. Quickly and easily make stunning presentations for FREE!

Powtoon
2011
London, United Kingdom
@PowToon

Powtoon Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Powtoon community
Have you used Powtoon before?

Powtoon Reviews

Showing 122 Powtoon reviews
Already have Powtoon?
What do you like best?

The best part of this tool is that it has 100+ usable templates for creating videos. We can easily create interactive videos with the help of these templates in Powtoon. It has a drag and drop builder by which can add different elements to our video. We can also get advanced animations with some plans.

It has a cloud storage feature by which we can store our video on Powtoon Cloud. The storage size of the same will depend on the plan you have opted for. It also has organizational capabilities by which we can manage workflows and roles for each team member for contributing to video making. With some plans, we can also get 24x7 support in case we have some query. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its cost is slightly higher than other animation and video creation software so those who are just starting might not able to afford it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Those who have a decent budget and looking for a professional video creation tool, Powtoon is a good option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Powtoon to create Business Explainer Videos for our clients. Moreover, we use this to create Educational content. We use this for major categories of videos we made. It saves time and effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

It offers tots of templates; Easy to learn to use, it gives you instructions, tips while working not like cortana or siri but it is still helpful. You can create animation without having experience. Your works are automatically saved which mean if your computer shut down or restart due to the problem you dont have to worry about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only problems I had was with the free version such as the program adding its own watermark, video having low resolution and no possibility of downloading. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you dont have experience you should definately start with Powtoon. It’s the best app if you are looking for and easy to use animation software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use to create short animations to be used in educational tutorial videos that I am making Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Powtoon
Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

Powtoon supplies you with all of the fundamentals needed to create a fully functional video for your company. From templates to stock images and music, you can create a video from top to bottom. Powtoon is intuitive and easy to navigate so beginners in video production can really get a good feel for the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While Powtoon has a huge variety of predetermined items you can use for your videos some of their elements or props are lacking for the industry I currently serve, making it harder to create the full picture in my video. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Powtoon we are able to create quick videos that highlight features and functionality of our products. These videos allow us to visually show what our products can do to help customers and their workflows instead of repeatedly telling them through info sheets and blog posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Powtoon is an excellent software for making good animated type video by new or inexperienced video clip creators. I've working experience building video clips by way of Adobe Premiere Professional earlier, but now making the videos with this tool is certainly so awesome and straightforward evaluating Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a great deal a dislike, even so, the frames are only twenty seconds very long max. Scripting is very important or becoming innovative with structure and timing, in either case, you have an awesome online video having a present-day appear and really feel in the small time. They even have templates that can help in style. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A good tool to make animated videos simply and easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A lot more from the group required to build films, I'm able to only generate a video clip so quickly. NOW, the entire staff can establish a superior caliber video clip in only a couple of hrs as opposed to times expended in my development queue. The manufacturing turnaround is amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Member of National Advisory Board
Vice President of Human Resources Administration
What do you like best?

Easy to spruce up training that normally is ignored Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like some more variety in character positions and expressions. Also, I would like to see longer video feeds permitted on each slide. If screen capturing was added to this as a feature, it would be a dream! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lots of competitors in this space. I have not tried Toonly or other products. But then again, I don't feel like I need to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

our workforce is way more in tune to our training when presented through the Powtoons cast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Lead - Digital Learning
What do you like best?

Creating great content quickly is very much the main benefit of using Powtoon. We have quite a few users how have made excellent resources using Powtoon who have never used a similar product before. Building on the framework of a Powerpoint style interface users picked this up really quickly and it made it a breeze to create lots of interesting and unique videos.

Powtoon supplies lots of fantastic assets as part of the price which, even if you have access to others, does speed up storyboarding immensely. Generally speaking creating using Powtoon is quick, fun and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Couple of issues I'll highlight with Powtoon.

Support - They always sort in the end, but when you do have issues with items not exporting etc they can be very slow to sort it out.

Web based - When you really push the interface (5 minutes plus, lots of videos and pictures, animations etc) It can bog down and become unresponsive even on massively powerful computers.

Sounds - Powtoon have only just added sound effects and, bizarrely, you can only use the in built ones which are pretty dire. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd definitely try one of their trials. If in education you can also set up classrooms for a very low cost. They have a .edu watermark but this is a great option to teach (very) basic animation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating content for learners which is focused and localised. I don't think there is anything even close to Powtoon in terms of ease of use and general flexibility. We've created some pretty great content using this package which is not far off full professional level on occasion but put this ability in the hands of our users (typically subject tutors) who would never normally be able to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CP
What do you like best?

Easy to use, many assets inside the software including animated characters, video, images, background and more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a slight learning curve when you first use Powtoon but with a little practice or use a template, you will be on your way to creating a video in no time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Excellent for explainer videos, education videos, company announcements. There are so many ways to utilize Powtoons Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instructional Designer
What do you like best?

Powtoon is a great tool for new or inexperienced video creators. I have experience creating videos through Adobe Premiere Pro, this is so nice and easy comparing the two. I also liked the ease of adding elements or focus areas. Changing colors, adding elements, and using the popular hand drawing feature was so easy my daughter created one for her 5th-grade report. A big plus for her and majors props to POWTOON! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not so much a dislike but the frames are only 20 seconds long max. Scripting is crucial or being creative with design and timing, either way, you get a great video with a modern look and feel in a short time. They even have Templates to help in design. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As an instructional designer, I have access to a lot of tools relating to the creation of video and eLearning courses. Powtoons is by far the easiest to use when creating content. The templates and pre-built items to insert make using Powtoons simple. I would say for the price and quality of the MP4 file, it is the best software for the money. I could even save my design to create a template for the team! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More of the team needed to create videos, I can only make a video so fast. NOW, the whole team can build a high caliber video in just a few hours instead of days spent in my creation queue. The production turnaround is fantastic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coordinadora del equipo de Publicidad
What do you like best?

Powtoon is an excellent platform for creating animations or cartoons online, it has a large number of templates available which facilitates the experience for the user, it also has many clips that facilitate the creative process and this is really nice because many people have a great creativity but due to lack of knowledge of the tools many times they can not build their animations well, I also consider that it is relatively simple despite presenting a good amount of features and tools that help build the animations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that at some point has caused me a little discomfort is that sometimes the platform has become very slow I do not know if this is due to the size of the animations or the speed of the internet, but at times and had to record leaving the platform empty the cache and re-enter, so I could work a little more comfortably, this really is cumbersome and problematic because it breaks with the creative process that at some point is conducting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This platform is really excellent and very versatile, but I would recommend to everyone who is interested in working with it either for work or personal reasons or just for curiosity to first take it easy and try its functions and features little by little to read or learn about it either in forums or video tutorials and practice doing more complicated and elaborate work to avoid frustrations in the future Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This excellent platform has really helped me a lot in my work either for the realization of video clips and could extend and make videos a little more elaborate and this my clients have loved which has helped me expand my customer base, and get better income for my work which is excellent, also in my personal environment and made some animations that have given me much satisfaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

is excellent for editing and creating presentations in a new, fresh and super dynamic way. Achieving a greater scope and understanding of presentations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any inconvenience with the tool I have used it on a few occasions and it has worked correctly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

is useful to make presentations in a more dynamic and practical way, achieving this way to make the prestations with videos and very dynamic movements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Publicidad y marketing
What do you like best?

There are many elements that I like about this excellent platform between them could mention that has a lot of templates and designs which are very bright, modern and pleasant which much facilitate the work of those who use them either for a presentation, animation or video entertainment.

It also has many video clips This also helps in the creative process our own videos Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

really are few aspects that I do not like PowToon would say that The highlight serious differences between the free version and pay as the fact that you can not download the video in the free version or also the logo PowToon appears chasing your tail around the time or also that the pay version of the resolution is much better but hey guess this is always so is a marketing strategy.

Another aspect that I do not like is the price paid version I do not like much consider it a bit expensive especially if you come from the free version which you have used for some time I think it should be a little cheaper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend everyone use PowToon but would advise that you first use the free version to practice with it and test all functions and features offered by PowToon and then when you already have some level of experience and have acquired certain skills to evaluate whether they want or need acquire the pay version if they will use it professionally PowToon worth the investment, but if you only use PowToon for fun or just to acquire some knowledge I do not think it worthwhile investing that money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No doubt PowToon me allowed to develop a lot of video tutorials and animated videos then and uploaded to social networking and video sites, also me allowed elaborate video for some clients whom have been really pleased and very surprised to the see the quality of the videos, so PowToon is a great tool for markeing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desarrollador y analistas de sistemas informáticos
What do you like best?

Well, it sounds fun, and I think that making animations and videos, even for a domestic project has to be fun. Thus began my experience with PowToon. I thought about doing something fun, for a school work of my son and I did not know tools of this type to make an animation without having all the necessary knowledge for it. I find it very practical that it is an online platform. And despite that it is not heavy or difficult to work with. This service focuses on making animations and videos so. It was just what I needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

693/5000

With PowToon everything is done online but many applications that are also online have an executable version. PowToon no. And that this service cannot be installed already seems unfriendly. When I do work that requires the use of a computer I prefer to have both options. If I want to work online due to limitations of doing so with the installed program. But sometimes it is more comfortable to be able to do it directly on the PC. It is a practical application, but it would be even more so if I can see its icon on my screen and open it as I do with other programs. It is also a more stable option to have the working version to modify it even without the internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PowToon is a service with a variety of plans and a very practical use for creating animated videos and presentations with striking effects. When a tool of this type is used, a well-crafted video project is wanted and above all that captures the viewer's attention. It is easy to learn to use their tools. If you are clear about the content to be developed, it will be a matter of minutes to make an animated video of your project or a topic you want to expose. When working with PowToon, you can see that its interaction is strong. This way with the animated video you can sell more effectively. You already have a good advantage with that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

635/5000

Getting the viewer's attention is not a game with PowToon. You can choose to create presentations, promotional videos or start from a blank template and get carried away by creativity. Besides being fun it is a friendly program. When you start creating it is a creative walk since the tool offers a guide to go step by step and create the video without difficulty. It is based on the cloud to save the project and that represents an extra and current support to have it at hand when connecting from another computer. PowToon is for everyone. It was for me and will continue to be because it is didactic and functional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounts Manager
What do you like best?

This is the tremendous straightforward application to generate exciting and vivid communications parts possibly with cartoons or online video. It's a straightforward and straightforward to utilize the system. The shows have numerous specifics and customization, remaining an excellent place as it makes it possible for generating numerous video clips they usually tend not to glimpse alike. It provides absolutely free and paid out equipment, also provides distinct tips on how to export or publish it; it is actually superior the purpose and manages to produce identified the resource as well as the work opportunities which lots of individuals can utilize it, possibly by spending or free of charge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I believe customer care may be significantly better. I do not assume I have at any time gotten ahold of the dwelling individual.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good application to make animated cartoon videos for your products and services, just take the trial option Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

: I've made a lot of videos for explaining the services of my company as well as also make several designs for my clients, which is a great deal.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Powtoon is not difficult to utilize on-line application, animated vided making system, which gives a lot of present-day and delightful pre-built patterns for generating animated films. It is going to aid to produce a web based instruction movie utilizing your creativeness. Powtoon will most likely be delighted to aid their consumers and requests for virtually any recommendations for additional considerable efficiency. Powtoon will very likely be growing and gives several varieties of a movie clip which makes it a remarkably comprehensive personal computer animation software.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The negative aspect of powtoon is that in the free edition of this application you can’t download the video. Also, it is a bit costly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software gives a variety of wonderful animation option, which can be helpful. It truly is really valuable to generate tutorial video clips to your show your products and services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I just take entire edge of the exceptional on-line software to produce a web-based movie for marketing and advertising and advertising and marketing the products and companies of my organization as well as in addition, it helps us a beautiful to point out my firm techniques my site site visitors to substantially increase my firm achievements

SEO Executive
What do you like best?

Powtoon is an easy to use tool to make animated videos. It has many free templates that can be modified as our requirements. There is no need to be an expert to make videos because it offers many features that help us to create awesomely animated videos like a professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Powtoon software is a good animated video making tool. I am fully satisfied with this tool. So, I don't have any negative comments to say. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this software for everyone who wants to make animated videos like a professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using this tool to make marketing and advertising videos for our business growth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

co-Founder
What do you like best?

The powtoon support team were excellent is service, understanding and effectiveness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The devil is always in the detail - perhaps some further detail around the subscription models and what you get and don't get in each subscription package Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am a recent discover of the powtoon service. As the founder of a environmental/PaaS/BlockChain start-up you need to be over many parts of the initial business development at a cost point of comfort. Finding powtoon has enabled another vehicle of promotion and story telling around a start-up we, as a Team are very excited about.

I have had to contact the powtoon support team a number of times in respect of a subscription issue. The team were great - sorting out my omission quickly and without fuss. Access to support is a very important part of my decision to purchase as everyone promises support but only few excel at its deliverance and this is certainly the case with the powtoon support team and service. I am looking forward to learning the service better over time.

Thanks again Team!

Peter Reid

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

powtoon has enabled another vehicle of promotion and story telling around an environmental start-up we, as a Team, are very excited about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
E-Learning
What do you like best?

I really like the way i am able to make presentation with the us of Powtoon as it is very good and also vevry easy to use.

Also its Interface is also very simple and easy to understand and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not having any dislikes for it Powtoon as i have not faced any difficulty in using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I will recommend everyone to use Powtoon as it is very good and easy to use and you can make good presentations with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to solve many of my problems with the use of Powtoon as now i can make good presentations in less time and it looks very formal and decent.

Benefits which i get from Powtoon is that there are lots of community resources and official support material available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Content Producer
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Powtoon gradually worsened while I used it. It would export videos with glitches and the videos would not export exactly like the preview showed. I would find errors in my final videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the lack of support. It would take days for an email response to be returned to me and rarely did the advice ever actually help. I was using it for my company's videos that were usually time sensitive and eventually had to switch to a different product because of the various issues I had. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was trying to use Powtoon as a fast and easy video making software but it did not actually help me to achieve that goal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desarrollador web
What do you like best?

Powtoon is an incredible tool to make animated videos online, it is easy to make and it has very good templates that can be modified for your needs, it is easy to add or delete objects as you need, you do not need to be an expert or even Having experience in some similar platform because its user interface is very intuitive and easy to handle, in a couple of hours it is possible to make an animated video like a professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downside of powtoon is that in its free version it is very limited, in fact when you finish making an animated video it is mandatory to pay the paid subscription to be able to download your video, which does not specify anywhere and makes it unpleasant to lose the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy for our marketing team to incorporate powtoon as one of our work tools to carry out campaigns on social networks or websites and we have always had great satisfaction from our clients with the results. For all that and more I totally recommend Powtoon Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Powtoon has been a very useful tool since we have been able to create animated training videos for new employees, or even when a new way of working, a project or simply important information is going to be implemented, it is easy to create an animated video to that proactively reach each employee that is required.

Both for its quality in the videos made, as the ease of creating and editing them makes powtoon a high quality tool, where without being a professional you can create professional videos in a short time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Expert
What do you like best?

I'm loving the short movies, with individuals, getting actual life into my commercials. There are also numerous fantastic consisting of audio tracks to pick from. I actually do make up my personal audio as well and it's also equally as simple to upload and apply to the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Under the free application, you can't make the video with high resolution, also you can't download the video and the logo mark of the powtoon in the trial version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a grip on what you would like to promote. Avoid using a lot of words and phrases or clutter. Video clips are amazing you should also search for content for which you would like to make the videos. The videos will definitely give you good results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using the powtoon especially for promoting the services of our company, the videos which we created with this application is converting a lot more customers than the customer thru another source of advertisement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
What do you like best?

I use powtoons occasionally for my presentations but I often require that my students use this platform for their presentations. For the most part it’s user friendly and the students love the ability to bring their information to life! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The saving option is a bit confusing. You have to download the presentation to save it and that confuses some of my students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This program is awesome for kicking up the quality of a slideshow and bringing a message to life! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.