Post Planner Reviews & Product Details

Web Developer, Online Strategist
Internet
What do you like best?

There are no pros. The quality of the service is low, my engagement did not go up, I received my first spam complaint in over 5 years of working with social media for business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Product usefulness is low, the cost is high, billing policy is unnecessarily unfair at best and unethical at worst. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not worth it. Buyer Beware. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A company worth its salt would not have to employ a policy of charging for their service three months in advance of the renewal date with no email notice and NO possibility of a refund. Oh - but that's in their terms around the 1300 word mark so read carefully and buyer beware! This company is a great example of how unethical companies take advantage of consumers.

I manage several social media accounts and purchased a membership for $60 in Feb 2016 because their advertising promised that I could generate more posts for my clients with increased engagement in a shorter amount of time.

During my first trial, I was not very impressed with the quality of the posts but was not ready to totally give up. Months later I got a chance to go back to it. I really put a lot of time and effort this time into pouring through post, article, and other suggestions to find something of value that wasn't just "fluff." Many of the posts and article suggestions were too generic or not appropriate for use with business social media accounts. I could only use about one of every 15-20 posts I had to look at. When I tried to save custom searches, they ended up mostly producing ZERO suggestions with any stars (more stars indicate higher levels of predicted engagement). I have clients in several different industries, so it is quite odd that nothing popular could be found for any of my custom searches. It was all - "have a great day" puppies, and "you can do it" cats. Anything that wasn't along those lines would not ever have any stars. Now I know there is popular content for the industries I serve since I work in social media every day.

I did end up posting some of these silly "fluff" posts because PostPlanner promises that your engagement will go up. Not only did I get less engagement from their posts, I got my first spam complaint on facebook :(

I decided that I had burned through way too much time with this program and I had a few more months until it expired so I set a reminder to give it one more shot before I canceled.

Lo and behold, in November 2016, I was charged $93.37 by PostPlanner. I was taken by surprise. "This must be a mistake," I thought. I was in no way prepared or willing to pay anything for this silly service let alone almost $100! I do a lot of commerce over the internet and am even a web hosting vendor myself. So I think, "No Problem." I figured I would just tell them I didn't intend to purchase the service renewal and request a refund. SURELY, that would not be a big deal since THERE IS NO MONEY OUT OF THEIR POCKET and since it goes through PayPal, it would literally take seconds to log in to PayPal and click the "Refund" button (as I know from personal experience with my business). But I was denied stating that their plan renews anytime within 90 days before your due date and it is NON-REFUNDABLE once it goes through. After a few emails back and forth (which were obviously boilerplate because I see the same responses on this site), the last correspondence is (and I quote):

"Hi Michelle-

I'm very sorry you are unhappy. Our policies are very clear in our terms.

Regards,

Leeann"

Yes - it IS stated in their policy. This policy is accessible from a link at the bottom of their website and start at about word 1200. Some will argue that it is my fault and I did not read the 73 paragraphs consisting of over 5600 words outlining all of the terms in the middle of my work day when I was trying to increase my productivity. And they would be correct.

But I am also a business owner and a very active online consumer. I believe that we should be able to have just a little tiny bit of trust when we make a purchase. When a company puts some very non-standard early billing terms in their agreement that have no reason or justification and just plain don't make sense, it seems like it is only a sorry tactic to increase their revenue. I have in the past refunded fees charged for something (that did not cost me anything) if there was a misunderstanding. Even if it was clear in my terms. This is so rigid and outside of my business experiences over the last 15 years. Personally, I go above and beyond to make sure my customers understand their billing! If I had to charge three months in advance for something, you better believe I would send an email or something. Just so I wouldn't have to deal with these bad reviews if for nothing else!

This is just bad business and very unethical to me. I have never in my life heard of charging someone so far in advance for a virtual service and then refusing refunds! This is why I am writing this. This is so obviously an attempt to rip people off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Post Planner Overview

What is Post Planner?

Social Media Management: Facebook Marketing.

Post Planner Details

Social Media Management: Facebook Marketing.

Post Planner
2011
San Francisco, CA
@PostPlanner
Answer a few questions to help the Post Planner community
Have you used Post Planner before?

Post Planner Reviews

Showing 29 Post Planner reviews
Already have Post Planner?
Support Escalation Engineer
What do you like best?

- Easy to use overall

- Easy to get set up for multiple locations

- Has a lot of nice features

- Easy to search for content to post

- Scheduling system is amazing

- Short learning curve Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Doesn't work for profiles (but that's a Facebook problem). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Post Planner is a great app for keeping myself on task and making sure that my content gets scheduled as needed. Not only is the scheduling awesome, but it's also great to be able to find content right on the app so I can use that content for my pages. I've been using post planner for the better part of this year and I can say that it's been one of the best decisions I made, especially since I'm able to spend just a couple hours and have a months worth of content scheduled on multiple locations at once! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TIME! This app allows me to batch my content so I don't have to worry about it. I can do weeks, even months of content and it will post automatically. And, if something goes wrong, I'll get an email letting me know that something couldn't be posted so I can quickly go fix it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have nothing good to say about this company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

PostPlanner is extremely non-intuitive, difficult, inflexible, stubborn and impermeable program that has never left me satisfied after use. Moreover, their customer service and use of "fine print" is more than unethical.

Once you enter their system, it is nearly impossible to make changes to your profile for more flexible or expanded uses, however their system is always trying to "up sell" you to their next level of benefits.

I made the mistake of agreeing to the up sell out of hope it would better meet my needs, only to have their system to treat me as if the transaction was never completed: I was charged immediately for an upgrade that their system didn't even register. Then they tried to up sell me again! Two weeks and a number of complaints later, when I had finally entered my proper system level, I discovered I could not even add the additional profiles I had purchased. Moreover, I also discovered I could not bulk-upload any content, I could only store upload about 6 of my own photo content at a time, and I could not upload videos longer than 45 seconds.

I demanded a refund only to be "convinced" by the CEO to "give it another try". Little did I know that "giving it another try" was a strategic tactic intended to push me out of the "finely printed" 30-day trial period, where I'd be stuck paying for a FULL YEAR of use with no refund. I was only made aware of these policies AFTER I requested my refund.

This company is enraging. Do yourself a favour and RUN from this place's horrible ethics, theft and fraudulent transactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have learned the benefit of not using PostPlanner.

Did you know that PostPlanner's cancellation policy has a section advertising their FREE APP? I have not seen this free app advertised anywhere else.

Did you know PostPlanner's cancellation policy allows their clients to continue using their program for a full year AFTER the cancellation? (Cause it was already paid for). As if clients who have left them will somehow want to return. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. I simply make my posts and hit post, they get added to the schedule and I am done. When I am stuck I can find inspiration from their post suggestions. the ability to manage multiple accounts at the same time just makes life so much simpler. Instead of an hour or more every day I can now sit down for 90 minutes on Monday and schedule my entire week across multiple pages and groups.

The customer service is top notch. Whenever I have a question Josh answers them quickly and helps me figure out the issue. Alot of my questions have been user error and he has walked me through them step by step to fix them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It is an amazing and simple program to use. I have not found any issues with it at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Post planner makes my life so simple. I hate to remember the daily posting and post planner handles all of that and tracks my post statistics for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I like the ease of planning, posting and, especially scheduling posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything. I'm happy using them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love being able to get my posts scheduled out in advance. That way I don't need to be spending time on this. The posts just keep recycling through the list. Easy breezy. Time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The 'recycle' feature allows old social media posts to be queued immediately for re-posting, saving me time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be honest there really aren't any downsides that I've encountered. When I was having problems moving from the old app to the new web app, the support I received was fantastic, so no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can schedule all my social media content and have a constantly updated social media presence in advance, this saves me a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Helps businesses curate valuable content to share on a regular basis on many social media platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the past, there were not many options pertaining to my industry- Insurance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client engagement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Search Engine Optimization Specialist
What do you like best?

Easy to plan posts for web-based media. Excessively simple to utilize can be utilized every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I love post planner, there is nothing I dislike about post planner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to schedule things daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and the fact that I can post to all my social media sites with just a few clicks. They have a great search tool to find relevant content and even allow me to import my blog posts straight from my site. I also love the repeat post and recycle features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to say regarding what I dislike. Probably the one thing missing is the ability to "post at best time" instead of having to set up my schedule manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None in particular Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using Post Planner to manage my posting on a daily basis for all my social media sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

I like when I am out of ideas for posts, there are different tools you can use on Post Planner to help create posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Post Planner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Post Planner helps me find articles, gives me status ideas, trends, and so much more to help with creating Facebook posts for my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

They are priced great for starters and have amazing coupon codes to get premium packages at a discount, but if you find that the software isn't for you cancel immediately, as waiting will cause you to automatically charged the next year and there is NO refund.

Besides that the social profiles it supports are great like LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They don't allow for a refund even in you never used the software!

Also the UI takes a bit of getting used to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automation with our content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

director, owner
What do you like best?

there is not much to like about … there is basically nothing. you pay for making your life complicated. Once you stop using Pot Planner you realize how easy all can be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it is a fraud system. They don't offer a test period, but a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Once you paid they will never give you back the money … plus you lose a lot of time stressing about it.

a 100% not cool company that profits of missunsing peoples trust and scamming them. read other reviews … all the same Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

don't fall for their scam of 100% satisfaction guarantee … it is a nothing burger. you will never get back your money.

the biggest problem is that they dont offer to test their service … you pay a full year if you like to find out it is rubbish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I finally realized that I pay for nothing I had the benefit of losing my money … Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Good concept

Easy to connect accounts

Easy to cross post Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

An unethical company that takes advantage of knowing your credit card number

Little to no communication or customer service

Lack of quality content

Doesn't really save time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buyer beware! Poor communication and service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The concept of this service is great. I love the idea of having all kinds of content pulled for the user to distribute to their own pages and accounts. However, I found myself surfing for content waaaayy too long for the price with post-planner. It made no difference for me. The worst part is that they will auto-renew your yearly subscription months before you're due to renew, and then when you cancel, they won't give you a refund and ake you $100. There is no number to call, and it will take multiple messages for them to address your concerns and then refuse a refund. This is horrible business practice by today's standards. If you look at their Facebook page, you can see that you can't review it because there would be plenty of negative reviews.. Google "Post Planner Reviews" and you see others very upset about the same thing. Companies can't stay in business with this type of "fine print" practice. Very unethical! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SAVVY VA
Executive Office
What do you like best?

Very easy to schedule posts for social media. Super easy to use can be used daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to schedule things daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

I like that we can add our on personalized Sharebar at the top of certain link that we post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how few choices I have in terms of posting to different social media sites. As far as I know, we can only use PostPlanner to post to Facebook and Twitter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It might not fill all of your social media marketing needs. If you just implement Facebook and Twitter, then it might be a great choice for your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can promote our business with the Sharebar while sharing curated articles from other websites. So our business is always being promoted which is great for getting more clicks to our website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Host
What do you like best?

The post recycling feature is nice - being able to schedule certain posts to repeat every X days. It doesn't outweigh the negatives, though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Postplanner first increased their prices without notification. I was grandfathered into a Guru package with a certain discount, which still made the platform too expensive for the limited use I had for it. However, their policy for annual subscription is also to renew them without notification up to 90 days before the anniversary. This means that I was charged in May for a plan originally started in August, and since you cannot cancel an annual subscription within the last 91 days (yes, a full 3 months!) without having to pay for the next year, Postplanner is happily keeping my money.

If you're looking for a tool to manage your social media account - look elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Steer clear!!! Deceitful business practices, unresponsive support and no care for the customer at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regardless of the benefits, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Professional Speaker, Success Coach, Mastermind Facilitator, Content Creator
Professional Training & Coaching
What do you like best?

I enjoy the sample status options, prescheduling, and weekly updates about post engagements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A few times I received a message that my status didn't post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The interface can be confusing at first glance. Take time to look around the system first. Allow yourself a few weeks to get used to using the system. They have helpful hints throughout the system to help you use the tool. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Customer service does help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Postplanner saved me so much time. I am able to have my promotions go out in an organized fashion without me having to sit in front of the computer. I can also find a few conversation starters and quote images from the system and keep recycling those. The benefits have been that the posts are more engaging, professional, and organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The price is right. $36 for a year subscription, and you can schedule and plan posts (though Facebook is getting better at this too). You can also search categories to see what's trending, and easily share to your page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not sort posts into multiple categories like a couple of the other Social Media planners out there. Also, reach may be limited compared to plugging into Facebook Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can set my posts up ahead of time and find posts that have already proven to get engagement. This saves me time and gains interactions on my posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Strategist ✮ Web Designer ✮ Digital Marketing Manager ✮ Designer ✮ Writer
What do you like best?

nothing - This business takes advantage of knowing someones credit card information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They renew your account with no email notification, refuse to refund your money and have ZERO personal customer support. I paid for one year to try PostPlanner out and decided very quickly I was not going to renew. I was not aware that they would automatically renew my account, charge my credit card, with no notification and then NOT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK when I told them that I didn't want to renew! It's clear I haven't even used the account for months! Just really BAD BUSINESS that takes advantage of online sales by simply taking your money whether you want the service or not. It's businesses like this that ruin it for legitimate businesses!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

none! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The service shows a series of feeds of the top posts on twitter and facebook, by retweeting or facebooking these popular posts the popularity on your social media profile increases. Posting second-hand material already proven to be liked means that you get more likes! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A real time waster. That's why I'm posting this, because I don't want others to make the mistake I did.

Post Planner advertises that using their service to on social media saves you time. In my experience it does not.

One part of the service is to select people/organisations and the postplanner is supposed to bring up all the content from that person/organisatoin. This function did not work. I took this up with customer service, who told me that that feature was broken right now. It was still broken 6 months later.

All the content they suggest is not relevant to my industry.

The story gets worse, because the product auto-renewed with no warning, so the next year I was charged around $60 for a product that despite my best efforts took too long to use. I complained about this, but since it was after the 30-day limit I was not allowed money back. Even worse it took me three emails before they would cancel my subscription and even now they will not remove my details from their data base - which I would like them to do. This I believe is against the data protection act.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that they should give a more accurate description of the product and those whom it is relevant to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling social media Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Strategic Consultant
What do you like best?

Post Planner is the most efficient way I've found so far to find, create, and schedule content to Facebook and Twitter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't do as many custom keyword searches as I want for highly specific content, and they've dropped the ability to share via RSS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool doesn't do everything, but what it does, it does really well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Post Planner addresses two needs for me. The first is time, and the second is quality viral content, which it helps me find more easily than any other tools I've tried. As a result, my content gets more engagement and my following, especially on Twitter, has grown. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Writer
What do you like best?

I absolutely love Post Planner! I have used quite a few social media schedulers, but this it the only one I have tried that actually helps you to curate content as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything that I outright dislike about Post Planner, but I do wish that they were integrated with more platforms. Right now, I only use it for Facebook and Twitter, but it would be nice to be able to use it for Google+ and Pinterest as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend giving it a shot. My engagement has improved a TON since I started using it and I am convinced that Post Planner is the reason. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before I started using Post Planner, I am sad to admit that I wasn't really consistent with posting on social media. Pat of this was because it is sometimes challenging to find enough time to curate enough content. Post Planner makes this so much easier! They are integrated with Facebook and Twitter, which are two of my top 3 platforms (the other is Pinterest). They make it easy for you to set up how many times you want to post on your various platforms. I have mine set to 4 times per day, which I think is reasonable. It is easy to create content fro scratch, which is what it has in common with other social media schedulers. However, where Post Planner does things a bit better is that they also give you a LOT of content to choose from. The topics you can choose from are: quotes, engaging, interesting, funny, business, marketing, top news, and random. You can also choose to look through status ideas, which are typically simple yet engaging questions you can ask your audience. You can get more specific by searching for Facebook page, keywords, hashtags, or Twitter handles. Another cool feature is that they show you how each piece of curated content typically performs, o you can focus on the ones that are more likely to get good engagement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

- connection to Facebook insights surfaces post data in your plan

- Flexible ways to use the platform, either via building a post schedule and letting PP automatically fill your slots, or uploading your schedules in bulk with an Excel spreadsheet with linked assets, or just one-off posts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Frequent outages, constant need to refresh share tokens to enable publishing, its "randomizer" is not random at all Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PostPlanner is very competitively priced, with discounts for extended use, multiple page and user support, and more. Unfortunately, we experience outages, so you have to stay on top of the publishing yourself - can't set and forget. It's also very Facebook-centric, and would be better if it supported IFTTT-style scripting, translating Twitter and other outlets into cross-platform posts.

Unfortunately, Post Planner does not keep a bucket of your top performing social posts, nor allow you to run comparisons - what is the most frequent high quality status update, or pictures, or videos or links? Don't know. Still have to use Facebook and Twitter directly for those insights. It's a tool, but doesn't allow you to truly administrate social across platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In the past, to plan an entire day's worth of content marketing across multiple pages on Facebook - nevermind other channels where we have a footprint like Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram - had a lot of repetition, to build posts by hand, and schedule them one by one on each page, and tracked appropriately. PostPlanner allows us to directly translate our calendar to real-time posts, meaning we free up literally hours per week to truly engage and create content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I was one of the first people to have ever tested the beta version for Post planner, I was working with their sister company. And I love it, I think it is an extremely cool tool, especially love the status generating features, its quite fun and innovative in my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The content isn't as good as I'd like it to be Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love this tool and think the people behind it (Josh, SAM etc) are brilliant Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Now I am only using it for personal branding but before i used it for all of my social media clients. I think it makes scheduling quicker and on days when you dont have the time the content and status feature is very helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online Retail and Systems Manager
What do you like best?

It is very versatile and allows me to re-use posts - something I haven't found in any other software I've tried. It has a vast treasure of cool content to use or draw inspiration from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you are posting over several different networks, it can be difficult to spot when you're about to post to the wrong one... I have learned that the hard way. Bigger icons or just a "You're about to post this..." might be handy. I also REALLY want an iOS app... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you would like the ability to schedule posts across a multitude of social networks for one or more brands, it's a no-brainer. There's no social listening, though. And no device apps. Don't be put off by the initially quite confusing user interface - there are some concepts that still confuse me, such as the fact that scheduling a post is not the same as planning one or adding it to the planned posts. It's also easy to set up recurring posts to recur a bit too often if you are not careful.

Take some time to get to know the tool and make it work for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of what is being posted where, planning ahead, setting up future posts. It also provides basic tracking of posts across networks which is very handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Post Planner is that I can save my favorite pages to curate content from on a regular basis.

I use Post Planner for 10-20 client pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Post Planner has been an excellent resource for me and my agency. If there have been any issues the support team is responsive and friendly.

The only suggested change I would love is for the option of a custom Brand Sharebar for each of my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Post Planner is a great resource. If you are at all skeptical, first go for it but feel free to start out at the lower plan to get comfortable. Post Planner support can work with you to upgrade when you're ready. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Post Planner saves tons of time curating great content, allowing me to maintain quality work in less time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.