Polymail Reviews & Product Details

What is Polymail?

Polymail is the email platform for teams. By combining email with real time collaboration and integrating it with your team's tools, Polymail allows everyone to work together seamlessly, move faster, and be more productive.

Polymail Profile Details

1-25 of 75 total Polymail reviews

Polymail Reviews

1-25 of 75 total Polymail reviews
Digital Media & Marketing Coordinator

"My favourite email client... ever! "

What do you like best?

I love that I can have several email accounts in the one client that displays messages from all accounts in one inbox. It makes my life with several different email accounts SO much easier! I regularly am at inbox zero with almost no extra hard work on my part after using Polymail.

What do you dislike?

I don't like using Polymail on a web browser, the experience isn't as good. But that being said, the mobile and desktop apps are awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use multiple email accounts and spend a lot of time using email for work or personal use, I can't recommend Polymail highly enough. It's honestly changed the way I work completely and I can't stop recommending it to everyone I know!

Consolidating many email accounts into one inbox is life changing for me working in digital media. I also love that I can schedule emails to send at a particular time, set reminders to follow up on emails I've sent and to read emails I've received at another time.

Senior Software Engineer

"Email for power users and casuals alike"

What do you like best?

I love the read receipts, undo send, and reminders. I've been bad at email - I won't underplay it.

These features keep me engaged with the people I'm communicating with. I open my inbox and I always know who I need to talk to.

I've used the campaigns feature once for Mass communication and I can see it being extremely powerful. Love the statistics around reads and attachment downloads.

What do you dislike?

The team has recently released a new build that brings the native app to feature parity with the web app.

A feature I liked (swipe to archive) was lost in the transition.

Overall the value gained from the transition far outweighs the cost. I just miss swiping through my email.

Following up. My biggest issue with email, personally has been tracking who to follow up with.

Polymail has largely solved that for me in three major ways:

- it encourages an inbox zero workflow

- it allows me to mark and get reminders about who to follow up with

- I can see when people have read my communications

I always know who I need to follow up with and the read receipts provide a nice dopamine boost to encourage the good habit of following up.

Founder
E-Learning

"Life before Polymail was barbaric."

What do you like best?

I love that it brings together all my different emails into one easy-to-use interface. Most people can relate - don't you hate opening up 5 different tabs for each email, searching for that one file sent to you a month ago from someone you can't remember? Polymail's interface makes it search all your accounts through a single search bar, sort your mail, retrieve files, and more.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is how often the updates are. You could also see it as a great thing because the team's so active, constantly fixing bugs and improving the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give Polymail a 7 day evaluation. You'll never go back to using anything else again!

The Campaigns feature is life changing. It's allowed me to send emails to a group of people, test results, and follow up. It's like an easy-to-use drip campaign.

The email tracking has allowed me to know when someone hasn't opened my emails and back off (instead of being pushy) while allowing me to double down on potential clients that have opened my emails but haven't responded. It's led to MORE closed deals meaning MORE money in my pocket.

Brand Success Manager
Internet

"A Startup Email That Is For Big Companies"

What do you like best?

I love Polymails interface! I switched to it because I was having major difficulties following large threads on a competitors system. Polymail makes it VERY easy to search emails and keep up with threads from 100's+ people on a daily basis. I love that it allows you to see when your email have been opened, when people download your attached documents and even when they click on a link! You can save time by creating templates which has been GREAT for my job, and they also have a crucial mail merge function that no one should have to live without!

What do you dislike?

Polymail is a smaller company, so it can be a bit buggy at times as they figure various kinks out. However their support staff functions at a fast pace and goes above and beyond to personally solve any issues that arise.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Polymail is a great way to keep organized and has many different levels of service that you can really customize for your every day needs.

I live and breathe in my email, as I correspond with over a hundred people every week. It has really helped me stay organized and keep track of threads that are very important.

CTO

"Best mail app"

What do you like best?

Polymail has native apps for Mac and iOS. This is a huge plus for me.

It doesn't store mails on local disk so it doesn't spend too much space like Apple Mail or others.

Tracking feature is a must for my daily work and it works perfectly.

What do you dislike?

Pricing. It's a bit expensive.

It would be better if it supported Gmail shortcuts.

When you add multiple accounts, it lists all folders in all accounts. Would be better if it groups folders by account.

Email tracking is a big plus. I can see if my mail is read or not when I send an email to my team or customers.

So I know if I should push for that mail or not :)

Director of Sales and Marketing
Real Estate

"Life Changing"

What do you like best?

Polymail saw what the old Mailbox App was doing and decided they could outdo it. A tall order to say the least, but they did it, and they did it with Style. Starting with the Basic features; swiping left and right is seamless making inbox organization a breeze. One touch unsubscribe is easy and a huge time saver. Email Tracking has made my job so much easier and the template feature is also a huge benefit.

What do you dislike?

Updates can be slow and when pushed through can sometimes cause more bugs. The team is generally pretty responsive and friendly and eager to fix issues when they do occurs

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient with updates

I manage a Sales and Marketing department and having a simple email product is key. Tracking opens and clicks have completely change the way I handle prospecting; I can gauge interest without having to have an immediate reply. I can just see how many times the email was opened and whether or not my link was clicked.

Marketing Consultant

"The upgrade to mailbox everyone needs "

What do you like best?

Polymail is not only a beautiful email client, it is also the best. You can do everything you do on your average client but you can also track when someone clicks on your email, on a link or a file within that email.

It is great if you want to know when a client opened an email.

The client is well designed because you have a contextual card on the right side.

If you want a large delivery, a campaign feature is available. You just need to enter the right CSV and it's done.

When I think about it, scheduling emails is the best feature for my use. I always send emails at 2 or 3:00a.m but people receive them at 8:00.

What do you dislike?

I am still waiting for a PC or web version. I use a Mac but I consider switching to the PC. Polymail is, with Sketch, the only thing that makes me reluctant.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The campaign tool is nice but please, do not make it the basics of your marketing strategy. There are other tools for that.

I wanted to check my open rate and a few other KPI's with a simple tool. Polymail is probably the best client for work.

(Myself Only)

"A great simple email management software"

What do you like best?

I am always on the look out for a way to manage my business with ease of use with a very vey clean look. I use products like Squarespace and Asana and Polymail fits right in with the clean look I'm going for. I love being able to have templates, and an activity feed of when people open my emails, or click on links. It helps give me an idea to see how committed a lead is and navigate when I should or should not follow up with a client.

What do you dislike?

I wish the price for using the software was a little lower. Like $9/month rather than $13/month. I understand that business' need to get paid to make great products. I also wish their was a web based version of the product. That I could access on the go without having a native app all the time.

Honestly, I just don't like working in Gmail and love that I don't need plugins to use Polymail. I can't get enough of the activity feed which helps me predict quality leads based on client email behavior.

Owner
Legal Services
(Myself Only)

"Polymail is by far the best e-mail program available today."

What do you like best?

Polymail offers the easiest and most efficient business-designed and user-friendly interface that adapts to the way you do business. As opposed to other leading e-mail programs and apps to which you must adapt.

What do you dislike?

At first I used the free trial version. By the time I was charged for the user fee I had realized that it was as fantastic as it claimed to be.

I also prefer to have the most recent message on top. Currently, Polymail puts it at the bottom. Perhaps there could be an option of one way or the other?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try it -- for a trial or even one full year. But, you have to commit to it so see what it can do for you and your business. I would also recommend that if there is anything that the program does not do well for you, then let Polymail know. They listen and they are responsive. If they can make a change, they will tell you. If they cannot, they will explain why not. They communicate like real people.

Tracking messages, notes, files, etc., is difficult when you switch from one device to another; and constantly on the move. Polymail gives me easy access to all files and messages pertinent to my clients' cases. I never have to search for that one file attachment, or that one e-mail with the details I remember seeing last week. I can also set private notes for myself which act as reminders. So, each time I receive a message from a client, I am only a few clicks away from full file review and answering with a comprehensive response. It keeps me up-to-date, more aware and quicker to answer my clients.

Real Estate Agent
Real Estate

"I dare you to find a better email client!"

What do you like best?

The ability to track the engagement between my emails and my recipients

What do you dislike?

-Attachments to recipients are links. Should at least have the ability to change that if needed.

-Cannot easily copy email address's from the mobile app. This is a very frustrating experience when you are on the go and need to compose a new email.

-Sending emails to a large number of people, causes the interface to be a little fidgety. The message field shrinks and you have to click just in the right spot in order to open it up.

-If I receive an email from someone, it should also save save as a recent contact. Sometimes I have to go through the struggle of manually typing in an email address because the app does not recognize that I have already been emailed or emailed this person

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop wasting time. Just do it.

I am a Real Estate Agent and much of my communication is time sensitive. Being able to know when clients receive my emails, or undoing accidental sends have been very helpful. Also, Polymail features has helped me to remember to follow up without actually having to remember. These features and many more have become part of my day to day routines in serving my clients, and building my professional credibility. I could not imagine using a different email client.

President
Building Materials

"Polymail makes me a desktop and mobile email ninja"

What do you like best?

Polymail Pro provides a solid desktop and mobile email client that includes a suite of killer productivity features including 1) defer to future date, 2) remind if no reply, 3) send later, 4) calendar invites, 5) open receipts, 6) link click & file download notifications, and 7) templates. It also gives the option to use the Gmail keyboard shortcuts many users have memorized.

What do you dislike?

The downside of the return if no reply functionality is that brand new messages often get mixed in with messages that have been returned because the recipient didn't reply, so I wish that I could filter out new messages from returned messages. Currently, it only allows me to filter read vs. unread messages, but it treats returned messages as unread. Perhaps they need an Inbox (new) and Inbox (all)?

Also, the mobile app could be vastly improved if it allowed me to swipe forward and backward to power through the inbox. Now I have to click to return to the inbox and click again to read the next message. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up when you only have 5 minutes to check email.

Lastly, they have a weird bug that doesn't recognize some HTML links in some emails. It's not a deal killer, but I wish they would squash it as it has been going on for a year.

The contacts sync has been buggy, but it is improving. If you make a type-o when entering an email it is impossible to remove that bad address, and polymail will suggest it in their auto-fill options so it is easy to send it to a bad address again.

Every so often they have difficulty adding attachments.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try.

The feature set provided by Polymail helps me make sure that nothing slips through the cracks. It is easy to forget that someone owes you a reply, so the return if no reply makes sure I remember to follow up. I use defer to future date to get something out of my inbox until I am ready to deal with it. The send later feature allows me to reply to email at all hours and have it sent during normal business hours, so people don't know I am working at midnight. I can also use it to send myself and others future reminders.

Partner
Design

"Great with a few flaws"

What do you like best?

Tracking read receipts and snoozing is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Errors when clicking "Undo" and a few times that the cache doesn't clear (and I don't get the messages).

Polymail Suggestions

Read Later list includes some emails without dates that won’t come back in to inbox

Dates and times should be grouped up (all later today together with a divider and then the ones tomorrow, etc)

Ability to get push notifications for read-receipts of individual emails (like an invoice email)

Pop up to let me know that my “send later” emails actually went out (always worried that they aren’t going out properly)

Calendar preview is okay, but could be better

Undo archive button doesn’t work and frustrates me EVERY time (it flashes back into inbox and then disappears again after a second or two)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Polymail Suggestions

Calendar preview is okay, but could be better

Following up with potential leads is much easier than before.

Owner / Front End Developer
(Myself Only)

"Best free mail app ever!"

What do you like best?

Display all emails from multiple connected accounts in one tab (All inboxes)

What do you dislike?

Many of new features are available only in premium version. I think premium version is now more developed.

App is not available for windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for really great looking, modern, professional, stable and at the same time different email client for OSX and / or iOS, then you should definitely check Polymail.

You can use Polymail in free version without any difficulties, but if features offered in this version will be not enough for you, check paid version! You can find there plenty of useful features, witch are not available in any other mail app.

I think, free version is way better than most famous competitor (Nylas mail - witch is great, because its open sourced. But not so stable).

And paid version, can be better than Airmail. But I didnt test Airmail by my own yet.

I dont need to check each mailbox separately. I have one place, where I can easily check all incoming emails.

My account information and configuration are stored in the server, so all data are synchronized. I just install this app on new device, login into my acc, and after few minutes I'm able to check all my messages, just like on old device.

Director Of Distance Learning
Religious Institutions
AF

"Polymail makes emailling so much easier"

What do you like best?

I love polymail for its tracking, follow-up, send later, multi-inboxes, snooze, template and sequence / campaign features. Although most payware email clients offer theses options, I feel polymail goes the extra mile with the overall thinking of the workflow and this make me feel like a fish in the water while using it.

What do you dislike?

The aspects I like less about polymail are :

- The fact that with the "Basic Plan" (formerly Pro Plan) the sequence feature only lets the user make one stage in the process. This can be a pain in the neck for my workflow as a solo-preneur. At $10 a month I find this to be quite a bummer and it often makes me revert back to the previous "campaign" feature that is far less flexible but Includes the oh-so-necessary follow-up option.

- The note feature that used to be in the contact profile is gone! Although I must admit is a great idea to put it directly below the mail, I liked the idea of having notes to keep track of information related to that person directly in the contact profile, especially if I'm going to exchange more than one mail with that her/him

- The fact they removed the ability to choose different theme for the app, that was available before.

Note : these aspects don't overshadow my experience with the app, they just make it less confortable. I hope they don't remove more features or make them available with more expensive plans like the premium one (that I find costly at $24/m) in the future. That being said I am still a very happy Polymail customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you've got tons of mail to deal with and need to follow-up a lot polymail is a no brainer.

Faster, more efficient work.

UG

"My replacement for Mail (#sorrynotsorry)"

What do you like best?

I love the interface of Polymail! Being a designer I am definitely on the "less is more" tip. I joined back when they were starting out and was a part of the Slack group to where they allowed us to provide honest feedback and a way to report any issues. I went from the free plan to the monthly plan and happy I joined. Now they have added awesome options like send later, email tracking (yeah, no more clients saying they didn't get my email) and now campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I do at times have a bit of glitches or bugs where I have to log off and back in due to using Dreamhost (IMAP)for hosting (they are great but have issues at times). Also, I was not able to use one of my cards for billing (works everywhere else). They don't currently have an app for Android yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go and get stuff done!

Man...I am more organized. Email tracking is my favorite. I am able to create templates for emails for design clients that I customize a bit depending on the feel of the email. You can most definitely reach out for any issues and they actually contact you to see how you are doing and how Polymail is working for you.

Managing Director
Construction

"I didn't think there was an outlook replacement, until I met Polymail"

What do you like best?

Im not sure if there is one thing I like the most, I think its the overall experience. the fact that I have templates, "send later" mentions, easy to use, fast, reliable, email tracking. Everything works!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an option to send emails with real attachments. Some of my clients complain about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It took me 3 weeks to get used to it, now I can't live without it.

Email tracking, I can see who read my emails, follow up on them, review later. It just made me allot more productive. I don't miss anything

AD

"Polymail Experience"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is that it's a multi platform email client. I am able to have 3 or 4 emails within one account and access it via the web, mobile or as native mac app.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the monthly cost of Polymail.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a monthly fee, however, you can purchase Polymail for teams or also get the student discount which will allow you to pay for 6 months of it at a discounted price.

Business problems I am solving with Polymail is that I can track emails when I send them and receive notifications when someone has read or opened an attachment I've sent. This allows me to better use my time in terms of following up or knowing who has gotten this and what not. Benefits include, being able to send lot's of emails in campaign mode via Polymail and having all my contacts in one place.

Co-Founder
Entertainment

"Easy to use, great tools and design"

What do you like best?

The customer service is incredibly quick. The product has a lot of unique tools I've often wished for when it comes to an emailing client. After Mailbox shut down, I found myself searching for a good tool and Polymail really fit my needs nicely.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Every bug that I encountered in my first experiences were resolved very quickly by the team. They are very responsive and personally worked with me to work through issues that I had.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Figure out your use case and learn to use the incredible tools that will help you achieve them. For sales in particular, a lot of the built in tools were game-changing.

I get a huge volume of emails on a daily basis from users of Commaful.com. Polymail helps me handle the emails in a systematic basis that fits my personal workflow.

Finalist G-Startup Worldwide Silicon Valley 2016 Batch.
Hospital & Health Care

"Simple. Powerful and Beautiful Email Finally Delivered"

What do you like best?

The UI is beautiful and functional. I also use the Mobile app and it's just so well organized. Everything is where it should be.

What do you dislike?

I don't use a whole lot of the features. The one thing that is annoying the search is not as good as I would like but that's a minor thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an alternative to Apple Mail or using Gmail in a Browser, PolyMail is an excellent choice.

I have to send a lot of emails and I like the fact that Polymail tracks people opening the email. That feature allows me to time a follow-up or phone call. I also use the delayed send frequently to batch up emails when I'm working offline.

Business Development
E-Learning

"Life Changing Tool !"

What do you like best?

being able to generate reports on how many emails were sent, viewed and track who is interested in my content through managing how many clicks were done and by who, in addition to using the customized templates which were created without referring to a side note is simply all you need to easily managed your day !

What do you dislike?

nothing i disliked so far, like polymail helped in improving, so nothing i disliked

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i already recommended it to my colleagues and the company purchased it for those who needed it

i needed to track my emails effectively and report on interest

Co Founder & CEO
Events Services

"Best email client on the Mac and iPhone"

What do you like best?

I love the design, the features especially scheduling to read email later, tracking it as well as the fact that my drafts seamlessly move across all devices. The feature of unsending an email has helped me more often than I would like to admit. Overall highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

It does not have a feature to instantly send something i.e. when I don't want delayed send. But again it protects me against myself :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try you will not go back and will not regret it.

Same as what I like best.

Senior Developer
Internet

"Filled the hole in my workflow left by Mailbox's exit"

What do you like best?

Inbox Zero is always a realistic possibility with Polymail. I love how easily I can fly through my inbox and archive, snooze, delete, or move each message. I use Polymail for my business email on both my MacBook Pro and iPhone.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit buggy at times. Sometimes emails that I have already processed on my iPhone still show up in the inbox on the Mac version (usually fixed by going to Accounts > Clear Cache). Has not been a major issue, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The snooze feature is a lifesaver! Allows you to respond to email when you have time set aside for it.

I run a web development company and get a ton of requests for updates & bug fixes via email. Being able to quickly prioritize and organize those requests using Polymail has been huge for me.

Artist Manager & Consultant
Performing Arts

"Great but still needs a few improvements"

What do you like best?

1) "Inbox Zero" is great.

2) Shortcuts, which makes using the platform efficiently and saves time.

3) Undo button. So many times I've sent an email and had to undo!

4) Scheduler - Love getting to schedule emails to send out at ideal times. If I'm catching up on the weekend, then I can schedule email drafts to go out on Monday or Tuesday. Also love that I can have emails resent to me at different times.

What do you dislike?

1) I don't like when you forward emails, it doesn't include all the email addresses that were CC'd in the original email.

2) If I have 2 drafts open, one in the Polymail window and the other in a separate window, if I use the shortcut to "Send", it sends both. I've had numerous instances where I sent an email draft without completing it and didn't even realize it until later. This shortcut should only be used for the draft that is being actively edited.

3) The email template capability is a great idea, but it's not very user-friendly. I've used it a few times and have accidentally replaced the template with other content because the UI isn't clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I used the free version for a long time until my colleagues convinced me to purchase it. And I'm so glad I did! The free version is nice, but you don't get to truly take advantage of Polymail's full capabilities unless you buy it, which IMO was a nice investment on my part.

Efficiency

Senior Mobile Application Developer at Saudi Telecom Company (STC)

"!! Single Sign On .. Tracking .. Design !!"

What do you like best?

- Single Sign On : Having only one username and password for all of your email accounts.

- Tracking: After more than 3 months of using Pro Polymail I can say that tracking emails and attachment are the best part ever.

- Design: Also I cannot stop being in love with the neat and simple design.

What do you dislike?

- not having exchange email client in it.

- not having Android version.

- Text formatting is so poor.

- RTL Support for text writing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

neat design and extra easy to be used

Tracking the emails to make sure that my clients did receive them

Polymail Features

9.5
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.8*
* Email Tracking Category
Do you work for Polymail?

Polymail Categories on G2