Polymail Reviews & Product Details

Director Of Distance Learning
Religious Institutions

"Polymail for the email overwhelmed"

What do you like best?

I love how I can snooze emails to come back into my inbox at whatever time I decide

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to batch sort and delete certain types of emails based on sender or subject.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to go through the tutorials so you are familiar with all of the features. This will help you get the most out of your time with efficient use of shortcuts and features.

Email overload. everyone gets more email than they can use and Polymail helps you to sort through the junk quickly and address relevant email in the timeframe that works best for me.

What is Polymail?

Polymail is the email platform for teams. By combining email with real time collaboration and integrating it with your team's tools, Polymail allows everyone to work together seamlessly, move faster, and be more productive.

Polymail Profile Details

Director Of Distance Learning
Religious Institutions
Most Recent Polymail Video Review
Digital Media & Marketing Coordinator

"My favourite email client... ever! "

What do you like best?

I love that I can have several email accounts in the one client that displays messages from all accounts in one inbox. It makes my life with several different email accounts SO much easier! I regularly am at inbox zero with almost no extra hard work on my part after using Polymail.

What do you dislike?

I don't like using Polymail on a web browser, the experience isn't as good. But that being said, the mobile and desktop apps are awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use multiple email accounts and spend a lot of time using email for work or personal use, I can't recommend Polymail highly enough. It's honestly changed the way I work completely and I can't stop recommending it to everyone I know!

Consolidating many email accounts into one inbox is life changing for me working in digital media. I also love that I can schedule emails to send at a particular time, set reminders to follow up on emails I've sent and to read emails I've received at another time.

Senior Software Engineer

"Email for power users and casuals alike"

What do you like best?

I love the read receipts, undo send, and reminders. I've been bad at email - I won't underplay it.

These features keep me engaged with the people I'm communicating with. I open my inbox and I always know who I need to talk to.

I've used the campaigns feature once for Mass communication and I can see it being extremely powerful. Love the statistics around reads and attachment downloads.

What do you dislike?

The team has recently released a new build that brings the native app to feature parity with the web app.

A feature I liked (swipe to archive) was lost in the transition.

Overall the value gained from the transition far outweighs the cost. I just miss swiping through my email.

Following up. My biggest issue with email, personally has been tracking who to follow up with.

Polymail has largely solved that for me in three major ways:

- it encourages an inbox zero workflow

- it allows me to mark and get reminders about who to follow up with

- I can see when people have read my communications

I always know who I need to follow up with and the read receipts provide a nice dopamine boost to encourage the good habit of following up.

Student
(Myself Only)

"It is a great product for managing emails"

What do you like best?

The best thing about polymail is that the ability to track mail. You can add multiple email accounts from different service provides. It is clean, neat and the User Interface is just amazing once you get used to it.

What do you dislike?

I did not like just two things about this software

- The User Interface is quite confusing for the new users.

- It is very costly for someone who is a college student

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The trial version pretty much can be used for personal use. It is good. You should give it a try

I could easily manage mails from different service provides. From my college emails to personal and work related emails, everything was at one place. It supported Labels to categorise the emails. The option to track my emails was the thing I found unique

Founder
E-Learning

"Life before Polymail was barbaric."

What do you like best?

I love that it brings together all my different emails into one easy-to-use interface. Most people can relate - don't you hate opening up 5 different tabs for each email, searching for that one file sent to you a month ago from someone you can't remember? Polymail's interface makes it search all your accounts through a single search bar, sort your mail, retrieve files, and more.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is how often the updates are. You could also see it as a great thing because the team's so active, constantly fixing bugs and improving the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give Polymail a 7 day evaluation. You'll never go back to using anything else again!

The Campaigns feature is life changing. It's allowed me to send emails to a group of people, test results, and follow up. It's like an easy-to-use drip campaign.

The email tracking has allowed me to know when someone hasn't opened my emails and back off (instead of being pushy) while allowing me to double down on potential clients that have opened my emails but haven't responded. It's led to MORE closed deals meaning MORE money in my pocket.

Brand Success Manager
Internet

"A Startup Email That Is For Big Companies"

What do you like best?

I love Polymails interface! I switched to it because I was having major difficulties following large threads on a competitors system. Polymail makes it VERY easy to search emails and keep up with threads from 100's+ people on a daily basis. I love that it allows you to see when your email have been opened, when people download your attached documents and even when they click on a link! You can save time by creating templates which has been GREAT for my job, and they also have a crucial mail merge function that no one should have to live without!

What do you dislike?

Polymail is a smaller company, so it can be a bit buggy at times as they figure various kinks out. However their support staff functions at a fast pace and goes above and beyond to personally solve any issues that arise.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Polymail is a great way to keep organized and has many different levels of service that you can really customize for your every day needs.

I live and breathe in my email, as I correspond with over a hundred people every week. It has really helped me stay organized and keep track of threads that are very important.

CTO

"Best mail app"

What do you like best?

Polymail has native apps for Mac and iOS. This is a huge plus for me.

It doesn't store mails on local disk so it doesn't spend too much space like Apple Mail or others.

Tracking feature is a must for my daily work and it works perfectly.

What do you dislike?

Pricing. It's a bit expensive.

It would be better if it supported Gmail shortcuts.

When you add multiple accounts, it lists all folders in all accounts. Would be better if it groups folders by account.

Email tracking is a big plus. I can see if my mail is read or not when I send an email to my team or customers.

So I know if I should push for that mail or not :)

Director of Sales and Marketing
Real Estate

"Life Changing"

What do you like best?

Polymail saw what the old Mailbox App was doing and decided they could outdo it. A tall order to say the least, but they did it, and they did it with Style. Starting with the Basic features; swiping left and right is seamless making inbox organization a breeze. One touch unsubscribe is easy and a huge time saver. Email Tracking has made my job so much easier and the template feature is also a huge benefit.

What do you dislike?

Updates can be slow and when pushed through can sometimes cause more bugs. The team is generally pretty responsive and friendly and eager to fix issues when they do occurs

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient with updates

I manage a Sales and Marketing department and having a simple email product is key. Tracking opens and clicks have completely change the way I handle prospecting; I can gauge interest without having to have an immediate reply. I can just see how many times the email was opened and whether or not my link was clicked.

Account Manager Team Lead

"Polymail kicks ass!"

What do you like best?

Having an e-mail client that connects to multiple accounts and allows for me to log my e-mails to a CRM is crucial. The campaign functionality is also a very nice addition. The e-mail templates are time-savers as well as the link previews that make my e-mails look cleaner.

What do you dislike?

They do not have an Android app or any timeline for when one might be built, so that's probably the most disappointing aspect. Another thing that would be nice is the ability to log my e-mail campaigns to a CRM (BCC), but this is not an option. A suggestion would be to drop the limit from 250 to 125 so that those 125 can get logged via BCC.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you ask for the feature's you'd like to see built into the software.

I no longer have to use plug-ins in my browser to achieve the same functionality. Tons of features that make it more efficient than a traditional e-mail client.

Marketing Consultant

"The upgrade to mailbox everyone needs "

What do you like best?

Polymail is not only a beautiful email client, it is also the best. You can do everything you do on your average client but you can also track when someone clicks on your email, on a link or a file within that email.

It is great if you want to know when a client opened an email.

The client is well designed because you have a contextual card on the right side.

If you want a large delivery, a campaign feature is available. You just need to enter the right CSV and it's done.

When I think about it, scheduling emails is the best feature for my use. I always send emails at 2 or 3:00a.m but people receive them at 8:00.

What do you dislike?

I am still waiting for a PC or web version. I use a Mac but I consider switching to the PC. Polymail is, with Sketch, the only thing that makes me reluctant.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The campaign tool is nice but please, do not make it the basics of your marketing strategy. There are other tools for that.

I wanted to check my open rate and a few other KPI's with a simple tool. Polymail is probably the best client for work.

(Myself Only)

"A great simple email management software"

What do you like best?

I am always on the look out for a way to manage my business with ease of use with a very vey clean look. I use products like Squarespace and Asana and Polymail fits right in with the clean look I'm going for. I love being able to have templates, and an activity feed of when people open my emails, or click on links. It helps give me an idea to see how committed a lead is and navigate when I should or should not follow up with a client.

What do you dislike?

I wish the price for using the software was a little lower. Like $9/month rather than $13/month. I understand that business' need to get paid to make great products. I also wish their was a web based version of the product. That I could access on the go without having a native app all the time.

Honestly, I just don't like working in Gmail and love that I don't need plugins to use Polymail. I can't get enough of the activity feed which helps me predict quality leads based on client email behavior.

Owner
Legal Services
(Myself Only)

"Polymail is by far the best e-mail program available today."

What do you like best?

Polymail offers the easiest and most efficient business-designed and user-friendly interface that adapts to the way you do business. As opposed to other leading e-mail programs and apps to which you must adapt.

What do you dislike?

At first I used the free trial version. By the time I was charged for the user fee I had realized that it was as fantastic as it claimed to be.

I also prefer to have the most recent message on top. Currently, Polymail puts it at the bottom. Perhaps there could be an option of one way or the other?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try it -- for a trial or even one full year. But, you have to commit to it so see what it can do for you and your business. I would also recommend that if there is anything that the program does not do well for you, then let Polymail know. They listen and they are responsive. If they can make a change, they will tell you. If they cannot, they will explain why not. They communicate like real people.

Tracking messages, notes, files, etc., is difficult when you switch from one device to another; and constantly on the move. Polymail gives me easy access to all files and messages pertinent to my clients' cases. I never have to search for that one file attachment, or that one e-mail with the details I remember seeing last week. I can also set private notes for myself which act as reminders. So, each time I receive a message from a client, I am only a few clicks away from full file review and answering with a comprehensive response. It keeps me up-to-date, more aware and quicker to answer my clients.

Co-founder and CEO
Photography

"Very comprehensive, easy to use, integrated email system."

What do you like best?

Knowing when users read my email, download my links and able to follow up on email if no response. You can also setup email campaigns straight from platform. I like that it's integrated so if I change my email settings, it's applied to all devices. This includes changing my signature and it applies elsewhere. It doesn't feel bloated.

What do you dislike?

It's quite buggy. Email newsletters don't load properly the first time. I have to select another email and then back again, and THEN only does the newsletter load fully. This issue is strange. If I see the newsletter first time, I can't scroll down to the bottom and can only see the first bit partially. Email search is an issue. I'm aware not all email is loaded so can't do a full search if necessary. Another issue is links in the email don't automatically create hyperlinks. This relates to receiving an email with a URL but the it has not hyperlink.

Another one is to have integrated calendar that combines Outlook and Google.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It can take a while to get used it but if you use multiple emails and are marketing driven, this system is best way to manage and track your emails.

Managing multiple email address managed over multiple devices. It's helping me keep track of emails sent, who is reading and giving me info when to follow up.

Real Estate Agent
Real Estate

"I dare you to find a better email client!"

What do you like best?

The ability to track the engagement between my emails and my recipients

What do you dislike?

-Attachments to recipients are links. Should at least have the ability to change that if needed.

-Cannot easily copy email address's from the mobile app. This is a very frustrating experience when you are on the go and need to compose a new email.

-Sending emails to a large number of people, causes the interface to be a little fidgety. The message field shrinks and you have to click just in the right spot in order to open it up.

-If I receive an email from someone, it should also save save as a recent contact. Sometimes I have to go through the struggle of manually typing in an email address because the app does not recognize that I have already been emailed or emailed this person

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop wasting time. Just do it.

I am a Real Estate Agent and much of my communication is time sensitive. Being able to know when clients receive my emails, or undoing accidental sends have been very helpful. Also, Polymail features has helped me to remember to follow up without actually having to remember. These features and many more have become part of my day to day routines in serving my clients, and building my professional credibility. I could not imagine using a different email client.

President
Building Materials

"Polymail makes me a desktop and mobile email ninja"

What do you like best?

Polymail Pro provides a solid desktop and mobile email client that includes a suite of killer productivity features including 1) defer to future date, 2) remind if no reply, 3) send later, 4) calendar invites, 5) open receipts, 6) link click & file download notifications, and 7) templates. It also gives the option to use the Gmail keyboard shortcuts many users have memorized.

What do you dislike?

The downside of the return if no reply functionality is that brand new messages often get mixed in with messages that have been returned because the recipient didn't reply, so I wish that I could filter out new messages from returned messages. Currently, it only allows me to filter read vs. unread messages, but it treats returned messages as unread. Perhaps they need an Inbox (new) and Inbox (all)?

Also, the mobile app could be vastly improved if it allowed me to swipe forward and backward to power through the inbox. Now I have to click to return to the inbox and click again to read the next message. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up when you only have 5 minutes to check email.

Lastly, they have a weird bug that doesn't recognize some HTML links in some emails. It's not a deal killer, but I wish they would squash it as it has been going on for a year.

The contacts sync has been buggy, but it is improving. If you make a type-o when entering an email it is impossible to remove that bad address, and polymail will suggest it in their auto-fill options so it is easy to send it to a bad address again.

Every so often they have difficulty adding attachments.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try.

The feature set provided by Polymail helps me make sure that nothing slips through the cracks. It is easy to forget that someone owes you a reply, so the return if no reply makes sure I remember to follow up. I use defer to future date to get something out of my inbox until I am ready to deal with it. The send later feature allows me to reply to email at all hours and have it sent during normal business hours, so people don't know I am working at midnight. I can also use it to send myself and others future reminders.

Partner
Design

"Great with a few flaws"

What do you like best?

Tracking read receipts and snoozing is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Errors when clicking "Undo" and a few times that the cache doesn't clear (and I don't get the messages).

Polymail Suggestions

Read Later list includes some emails without dates that won’t come back in to inbox

Dates and times should be grouped up (all later today together with a divider and then the ones tomorrow, etc)

Ability to get push notifications for read-receipts of individual emails (like an invoice email)

Pop up to let me know that my “send later” emails actually went out (always worried that they aren’t going out properly)

Calendar preview is okay, but could be better

Undo archive button doesn’t work and frustrates me EVERY time (it flashes back into inbox and then disappears again after a second or two)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Polymail Suggestions

Calendar preview is okay, but could be better

Following up with potential leads is much easier than before.

Owner / Front End Developer
Internet
(Myself Only)

"Best free mail app ever!"

What do you like best?

Display all emails from multiple connected accounts in one tab (All inboxes)

What do you dislike?

Many of new features are available only in premium version. I think premium version is now more developed.

App is not available for windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for really great looking, modern, professional, stable and at the same time different email client for OSX and / or iOS, then you should definitely check Polymail.

You can use Polymail in free version without any difficulties, but if features offered in this version will be not enough for you, check paid version! You can find there plenty of useful features, witch are not available in any other mail app.

I think, free version is way better than most famous competitor (Nylas mail - witch is great, because its open sourced. But not so stable).

And paid version, can be better than Airmail. But I didnt test Airmail by my own yet.

I dont need to check each mailbox separately. I have one place, where I can easily check all incoming emails.

My account information and configuration are stored in the server, so all data are synchronized. I just install this app on new device, login into my acc, and after few minutes I'm able to check all my messages, just like on old device.

Director, Experience Design

"Pretty Good, Missing A Few Key Features"

What do you like best?

It's a solid basic email app. I love being able to who is reading and clicking on what, and how many times. It gives me feedback I need in order to determine when it's appropriate to reach back out or follow up.

I also like the person panel that has the capabilities for note taking, and quickly viewing tracking and files.

What do you dislike?

Search isn't that fast or great. Wishing for better search capabilities and filters.

No Rules / Auto Filtering Options. I want more control over what I see in my inbox and what is sorted into other categories. This one drives me up the wall.

It seems like this program is more geared toward bizdev and sales people / teams. Despite this, I find many of the features useful - but probably not as useful as if I was in a bizdev or sales role.

Business Coach & Consultant For Entrepreneurs
Telecommunications

"Best email app"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can check ALL my different emails in ONE place. I love that it's easy to label and archive something and also to set reminders to read later. I don't attempt to achieve Inbox Zero but I know it's a huge feature of Polymail. I would say the best feature EVER of Polymail is the ability to see who viewed your email. It has helped reduce my anxiety or worry factor by a lot knowing people who have viewed my email and how to follow-up with them.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be slightly better and more gmail-like and the syncing often slows things down but all in all great user experience.

Too much time going to different email apps now I only go to Polymail which saves a lot of time. Email tracking is also very useful.

Managing Director
Investment Management

"Some great features, mostly easy to use but few disappointments"

What do you like best?

The activity Feed is fantastic, as I run numerous projects and send a lot of mail, the activity feed allows me to know when my mails are being attended to. This tells me when is a topic "hot" and when perhaps I should be in contact with those people. Most people deal with many things and knowing when they are dealing with my questions is very useful. It also gives me a chance to monitor my subordinates.

What do you dislike?

The experience from the iPhone to the laptop is very different. I struggle with attachments all the time. Forwarding mails often I lose attachments. I generally feel the smartphone version could do with some work. Even on the laptop, often attachments load slowly and if they fail, I have to start the mail fresh as successful second attempts are not really successful as when you send the mail it says no attachment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a mail platform that has a strong activity feed, this is for you but ease of use there are better.

As mentioned earlier, the tracking is making my time more efficient. Im able to know when issues I've raised are actually being looked at.

iOS Developer

"I've just decided to try Apple's Mail client instead."

What do you like best?

Read receipts. Read later. A good looking interface. And I like that Polymail prevents others from seeing when I've read their emails.

What do you dislike?

Lots of crashes and bugs. No detailed timestamps for messages over a day old on mobile. No easy way to sort email based on recipients. I still receive notifications from Polymail on my phone even when I turn on Do Not Disturb. The Inbox Zero image is really, really ugly. It looks like a swamp. Mostly due to the poor choice of filter used on the image. I'd rather see a sunny sky with no filter. Or a pleasantly designed graphic of a sun. Most of all, I don't feel like my complaints are listened to. I've been complaining about the ugly Inbox Zero picture for over a year now.

No business solutions for me. The main benefits for me are being reminded of email with Read Later, and learning when my messages have been viewed or not, with Read Receipts.

Founder, SVP R&D (Video Products)

"Very powerful, but not yet perfect"

What do you like best?

Cloud based features like knowing who's read my messages, or getting notified when nobody replies - both very powerful features. I also like seeing avatars next to the mails - small detail but it helps me read the page quickly.

What do you dislike?

When I search for emails I get results that include all the useless spam. I use 'SaneBox' to move all that stuff to a folder, so I'd love the ability to exclude that folder from search (or another system that solves the same problem of getting to relevant results fast). I'd love it even more if I could get rid of SaneBox and have Polymail perform this sort of spam filtering instead using ML. Also, sometimes the UI can be sluggish, which is annoying.

Helps me not lose track of email threads (by using the various cloud based services on PolyMail pro)

AF

"Polymail makes emailling so much easier"

What do you like best?

I love polymail for its tracking, follow-up, send later, multi-inboxes, snooze, template and sequence / campaign features. Although most payware email clients offer theses options, I feel polymail goes the extra mile with the overall thinking of the workflow and this make me feel like a fish in the water while using it.

What do you dislike?

The aspects I like less about polymail are :

- The fact that with the "Basic Plan" (formerly Pro Plan) the sequence feature only lets the user make one stage in the process. This can be a pain in the neck for my workflow as a solo-preneur. At $10 a month I find this to be quite a bummer and it often makes me revert back to the previous "campaign" feature that is far less flexible but Includes the oh-so-necessary follow-up option.

- The note feature that used to be in the contact profile is gone! Although I must admit is a great idea to put it directly below the mail, I liked the idea of having notes to keep track of information related to that person directly in the contact profile, especially if I'm going to exchange more than one mail with that her/him

- The fact they removed the ability to choose different theme for the app, that was available before.

Note : these aspects don't overshadow my experience with the app, they just make it less confortable. I hope they don't remove more features or make them available with more expensive plans like the premium one (that I find costly at $24/m) in the future. That being said I am still a very happy Polymail customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you've got tons of mail to deal with and need to follow-up a lot polymail is a no brainer.

Faster, more efficient work.

UG

"My replacement for Mail (#sorrynotsorry)"

What do you like best?

I love the interface of Polymail! Being a designer I am definitely on the "less is more" tip. I joined back when they were starting out and was a part of the Slack group to where they allowed us to provide honest feedback and a way to report any issues. I went from the free plan to the monthly plan and happy I joined. Now they have added awesome options like send later, email tracking (yeah, no more clients saying they didn't get my email) and now campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I do at times have a bit of glitches or bugs where I have to log off and back in due to using Dreamhost (IMAP)for hosting (they are great but have issues at times). Also, I was not able to use one of my cards for billing (works everywhere else). They don't currently have an app for Android yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go and get stuff done!

Man...I am more organized. Email tracking is my favorite. I am able to create templates for emails for design clients that I customize a bit depending on the feel of the email. You can most definitely reach out for any issues and they actually contact you to see how you are doing and how Polymail is working for you.

Managing Director
Construction

"I didn't think there was an outlook replacement, until I met Polymail"

What do you like best?

Im not sure if there is one thing I like the most, I think its the overall experience. the fact that I have templates, "send later" mentions, easy to use, fast, reliable, email tracking. Everything works!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an option to send emails with real attachments. Some of my clients complain about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It took me 3 weeks to get used to it, now I can't live without it.

Email tracking, I can see who read my emails, follow up on them, review later. It just made me allot more productive. I don't miss anything

AD

"Polymail Experience"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is that it's a multi platform email client. I am able to have 3 or 4 emails within one account and access it via the web, mobile or as native mac app.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the monthly cost of Polymail.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a monthly fee, however, you can purchase Polymail for teams or also get the student discount which will allow you to pay for 6 months of it at a discounted price.

Business problems I am solving with Polymail is that I can track emails when I send them and receive notifications when someone has read or opened an attachment I've sent. This allows me to better use my time in terms of following up or knowing who has gotten this and what not. Benefits include, being able to send lot's of emails in campaign mode via Polymail and having all my contacts in one place.

Polymail Features

9.5
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.8*
* Email Tracking Category
Do you work for Polymail?

Polymail Categories on G2