Podium Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

I love that this software facilitates interaction with consumers or potential customers with more activity in operations for the acquisition of our products in particular, mentioning that these functions can be executed thanks to this system, since it performs a series of follow-ups constants, to determine the location of the arguments of the users, with respect to the services that a corporation offers exclusively, which is very useful, to trigger a prudent flow, when establishing communications with these individuals, to notify or chat regarding to the topic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It should carry out priority processes, to customers at business levels that they acquire, precisely to establish well-structured relationships, at the time of a larger negotiation, in order to meet their needs as a support class, but based on responding to their reviews, in relation to the production and quality of service that we carry out, above all to quickly determine their opinions and clarify doubts, for a satisfactory conclusion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Podium is ideal for establishing interactions with the client and managing conversations, since this method works incredible, as it is a sophisticated tool to locate all the reviews and evaluations that they weigh in relation to the quality of your organization and services that you contribute for the sale, which can be useful to extract information from these same individuals, and publish it in the main interfaces that you maintain for a marketing of your operations at a glance, which is recommended, due to its solid, high-scope systematic processes labor and meaningful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can make it known that we use this system, in the departments that we acquire, with outstanding functions for customer relations, since it is based on the evaluations of arguments and reviews of our services in particular, I like this system since We can request surveys to determine the quality of our work processes, which we issue to clients with whom we maintain an interaction based on support, which helps us to strengthen these areas in an appropriate way and thus guarantee a higher percentage based on satisfaction of the care we provide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Podium Overview

What is Podium?

Podium is redefining the way customers interact with local businesses. From collecting reviews on the sites that matter most, text-enabling your website with Webchat, collecting payment via text, gathering private feedback after an experience to managing all your customer messages from one central dashboard with Inbox, Podium is the answer. Podium’s Interaction Management platform uses messaging to make it convenient to interact with your leads, customers, and team at every customer touchpoint. With Podium, you can message your leads and customers, get reviews and feedback, collect payment and communicate easily with your team, all in one easy-to-use inbox. It powers the conversations that matter most to your business, putting you miles ahead of the competition.

Podium Details
Discussions
Podium Community
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Podium is an Interaction Management platform that helps businesses collect and manage online reviews, gather feedback and text customers.

Podium
2014
Lehi, UT
@PodiumHQ
1,020 employees on LinkedIn®

Podium Videos

Podium Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Podium community
Have you used Podium before?

Podium Reviews

Showing 1,180 Podium reviews
Showing 1,180 reviews
Already have Podium?
Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I like that Podium connects with our public review sites. I like that the review link walks a customer through the process of leaving a review without them ever having to go into a different place. I like that we have the option of sending either text or email. Text can be hard if you forget to ask if it is okay to send (text laws), so it is great to heave the email option for those you forget to ask. I like that we now have the option of automatically sending out invites instead of manually doing them (sometimes you just can't get employees to do it)! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that a simple reputation management service has morphed into more than we need - and they charge for it too! We just want to gain more public reviews...but no...Podium now wants to handle all our chats and text messages. Plus, they are really pushing their platform for mobile pay. Problem is, when you don't use them, they are still on the dashboard and it just confuses employees on what they should be looking at and what is not needed for them. Plus, the chat dashboard includes all conversations happening in the company, even those that are not yours. So, you can see an issue of someone feeling like they should take on a conversation when it really is someone else's. Oh...and support...when we had an issue come up, guess what, couldn't get help for what we needed because it was a Saturday. Didn't know that was still a thing. Maybe it was issue specific and needed a certain team, but management was not happy to hear that answer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See if you can communicate and set prices for only the aspects of Podium you want to use. Price has more than tripled since we first signed up and they must be able to cater to the needs of companies as they keep adding more pieces to their program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem we had was digital storefront. We wanted our review counts and ratings to show that our organization was at least worth the opportunity of serving the customer. When we were full blown we went from 82 Google reviews to over 1000 in less than a year. We are now at about 3500. the highest ranking and highest review count of all companies in our city for our industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Podium
Customer Care Representative
What do you like best?

Podium is the best texting service I have ever used. They are convenient and easy to use - easily the most user-friendly application that we have. They enable the company to respond to individuals smoothly and quickly, even with several employees and different shifts. They are also really helpful with mass texts and such. I have recommended their services several times. I'm happy every time I see their building and I'm not at all surprised that they are thriving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have only had one minor issue with Podium.Sometimes, as a service company, customers will want to send us a photo of what is going wrong in their home. I don't believe that Podium is equipped (yet) to receive those photos. Attachments are often lost. It isn't a huge deal, but I'm looking forward to that improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My best advice is just to try it and fall in love. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use podium for 2 main funtions:

1) To capture customers that are not able to make phone calls during our daily hours. Whether they prefer text, or work during the day, or have issues hearing, we are able to take care of them all! It ensures that no one slips through the cracks.

2) We send out mass texts and reminders for our customers. This helps us avoid no-shows, and keeps the customers updated. It also helps us schedule maintenance services with our members. It saves a LOT of time that we would otherwise spend calling customers one-by-one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Specialist
What do you like best?

I like how quick and simple Podium is to navigate. Never waiting on loading screens, I like how easy it is to send photos/videos to customers. Review links are very easy to send, the ability to send/customize templates is great as well. My favorite thing about Podium overall is the ease to collect deposits via card/bank transfer, this keeps customers in our door vs. leaving, going to the bank and having time to think themselves out of a purchase. I've saved multiple deals offering them a bank transfer. Overall, I very much enjoy using Podium and hope to continue to learn more about Podium while simultaneously using the software. Podium makes organization very easy by giving you the option to sort conversations by open and closed. I always close every conversation with a customer as soon as I've responded. When they respond again it kicks back over to open and it's an easy way to know whether or not I have responded. This makes organization and remembering to respond a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Podium does not integrate seamlessly to our other CRM. I have to leave notes copy/paste all my work into other CRM. If trying to send a video I've found that if they are over 1:30 seconds I have a difficult time getting videos to send. I have to send them 3, 4, 5 times in order for them to go through. While sending photos and scrolling through my photo library, Podium does not keep your place in your library, I have to scroll all the way back down to select the next photos. Review links are sometimes difficult for customers to complete, we have gotten a few calls saying they can't figure out how to leave a review, it won't load, etc. We have gotten 25% of people who click on the review link and do not actually leave a review. These are small issues but honestly my only complaints about Podium. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving the lack to get deposits, reviews, being able to send review links, all of which were issues on previous CRM. Podium has knocked out multiple birds with one stone and has been great to use on a daily basis. Having the ability to do all these things while also communicate with customers is great. Podium has saved me and my co-workers a great amount of time, made us money, and helped us build and maintain relationships with our customers, and then receive their feedback on their experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Prior to Podium we were using a different company to gather and collect reviews, it was working, but with Podium we tripled our reviews in 3 weeks. Our online customers are using the chat link and our staff can respond quicker than phone calls and / or emails. Customers are noticing our improved customer service. Our special order and repair service deposits have been made easy by utilizing Podium's ability to send a secure payment to our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sales staff was outstanding, but it took some time to get Podium launched and running. Podium could improve upon not their explanation and functionality of their products as it relates to integration with 3rd party POS software systems. Easier How-To's would be helpful. Podium did answer all of our questions quickly to resolution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better Customer Service! Quicker communication and responses to customer questions. More and more reviews come in daily providing our store with instant feedback to how we are doing and providing opportunities for our sales staff to respond in real time and management to make changes to improve. Podium helps create momentum as the 5 Star Reviews keep coming! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder/VP of Marketing
What do you like best?

Taking the conversation from a web chat to a text chat is amazing. We have had multiple transacting clients come from an initial chat on Podium through our site. The immediacy and personal-ness of it speaks volumes to our clients. I also love being able to easily ask for reviews on google and Facebook. It has given us a simple tool to increase reviews drastically. We are also just at the beginning stages of implementing the feedback aspects of the software, and we are enjoying that we are not having to create a new tool or pay for a new software for that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software is awesome, and we can afford it as a company, but I don't know how reasonable the pricing is for an individual entrepreneur. Also, I get almost no contact from our account rep. I don't know who it is, and the ones I have known seem to change regularly. In other words, I don't feel any personal connection to the company, or that they know us, our account, or even care if we exist. I also don't love their rigid contract. That contract feels like by locking you in, they don't have to go overboard to keep your business, and that shows in the lack of interaction we get from them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have benefited from taking a web chat to a text conversation. We used to have a different software that meant you had to stay on that particular webpage in order to chat. Now, the customer can pop in, shoot over a question, and we can take the conversation offline wherever they may go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design Assistant
What do you like best?

I love how it's already set up to reach clients, friends, or other customers easily. All you need to do is input their name and the best way to communicate with them, which is either by phone or email. Once put in, they are a new contact and you can send multiple items at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could be organized a little better with different links that I'm sending to customers. It would be nice if there could be a title and have the customers organized underneath that title. It can also be a little difficult to differentiate the notifications in my email inbox, because it will produce leads for the whole company rather than one department. It would also be beneficial if when a customer used the link and followed through with the task, that you would be notified when it was completed so it can be tracked easier than having to create a separate spreadsheet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the perfect platform to make marketing and communication easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instead of asking to leave a review and hoping that the customer follows through, we can directly send them a link that is user friendly and straight forward. Odds of the customer filling out the link increases significantly and we have seen a difference in our department reviews. I've used it several times with customers and the response was almost immediate. It's also an ice breaker to be able to explain what you'll be sending to them and skipping that middle step of waiting around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Advisor
What do you like best?

The platform is quick to send out reviews when you submit the client's information. Overall the interface is easy to use and clean. Very streamlined software for very simple review management and communication with the customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I often have issues when trying to copy and paste customer information from other platforms. It often resets the entire page and makes it frustrating when trying to send out reviews for my clients. The interface, although easy to use and clean I feel like could still be improved. If there were integrations with our current CRM DriveCentric that would be another added benefit. Our CRM sends many automatic follow up responses throughout the sales process, it would be nice if we could automate the survey sending process. If Podium included deep integration with it's internal messaging as well as external messaging with clients that would be a huge benefit too. The less logins, platforms, and messaging apps I need to use on a day-today basis is better. If I could have one login to access all of my platforms for everything regarding the entire sales process it would be the easiest way to use these platforms and services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall a solid platform with tons of features that are redundant to existing platforms my company has. I would check to see what functionality your existing software has to see if you could possibly replace some or all pieces of that functionality through the use of podium. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to quickly and easily capture positive feedback from clients has been a huge benefit to our business. Being able to collect positive feedback and post it on our web page has been a huge benefit in improving our average online review score. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head Of Marketing
What do you like best?

Before moving to Dentrix Ascend we were getting a ton of reviews, it's automated and easily done. What was very valuable was being able to text our patients from our offices numbers and highly valuable is being able to send a text with a link for patients to pay their balance. Ease of use, reporting etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since we moved to Dentrix Ascend we've had issues with receiving reviews for our offices. Impressed that they were able to connect into Dentrix Ascend BUT when we receive reviews, before if the patient used the link we provided we were able to figure out who they were to contact them if need be, but now no longer can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Customer service has been great. I have noticed that the chat help went from immediate to taking an hour or longer, but if you have more then one account and have an account manager they are very helpful. It's helped us obtain a lot of reviews on google which has been great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easily being able to contact patients through text, able to receive more reviews, easier way to ask for payments from patients that work for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

Podium is easy to use for people of all technical skill levels. The interface gives you exactly what you need and nothing you don't. As someone in marketing, I love that I can upload review responses into the platform so our staff can use them. This helps our stores quickly respond to reviews without having to craft the perfect response for each review. I love the live chat with the support. This feature is great for our staff so they can get instant answers to their issues without having to wait for our account manger to get back to them. Our account manager is also so friendly and helpful too. Automotive comes with its own set of challenges for connecting all the moving pieces, but our account manager is always willing to jump in and help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting features seem to lag a bit. For example, we send weekly reports to our stores, and the data is from the day prior. I understand real-time data is tricky though, but this would be nice! Some of our staff also gets confused with the difference between the Inbox and Reviews tab. I think differing the purposes more could help with this. Some of our reviews do not show up in the inbox so that can be tricky. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using Podium. No matter the size of your organization or team, there's a feature you will love. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've been able to improve our store ratings for all of our locations. It makes it easier to hear our customer's feedback. This has helped our staff understand the benefit of reviews and how it pertains to the success of the business. We’re here for you. Morrie’s wants to ensure you have reliable transportation when you need it the most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Podium has been life changing for our company since the day we started using it. The ease of communication with our customers has been so convenient. You can answer questions, assist a customer with an issue, or handle a payment while on the go or while at your desk. The software is very user friendly and every person we have worked with within Podium has been quick, professional, and always ready to jump in and help quickly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dislike? That we waited so long before taking the leap to sign up! There is nothing to dislike, honestly. And if there is, the team at Podium will be the 1st to jump in and make it right. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're hesitating - take the leap. It will absolutely be worth it. The user interface is easy to learn and the amount of communication with your customers that will happen because of it will be mind-blowing. Just do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The world is completely different now due to the pandemic. Podium has 100% solved the issue of handling anything a customer needs virtually, on their time, in the comfort of their home. We can have entire conversations while sharing photos, or ideas, or conversations about their family! It has taken our business to an entirely bigger level. There are just so many benefits, but the ease of customer interaction is the best for sure! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Partner
What do you like best?

We love using podium for single platform communication and customer review capturing! Our customer engagement for getting reviews has a way higher conversion rate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has been an adjustment paying for a service that essentially you can get for "free" through Google itself. However, we've had customers (and been guilty ourselves) of not filling out reviews that made us log into our account to do so. Podium is a one-click source to an easy path to review capturing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a higher review engagement from customers. That's problem number one. Problem two is that our CRM and dispatching/scheduling software are limited in the number of SMS messages they can automate. However, it integrates well with Podium, which gives us the chance to automate more messaging options. Schedule confirmations, dispatch notifications, and review invites! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

You can talk directly to the tenant. That makes the door of communication easier. I think that this allows everyone to be on the same page and opens what we need and since we all live in a digital day and time this app is helpful. So when someone needs help. The upside of the information is getting in our all over the place all at once. That helps in situations when you want to tell someone something multiple ways without over sending the information to the tenant and over telling them information. I think that is a good thing about using podium and then you can answer questions and also send any other things need with the two way communication method installed and allowing pleopke to ask questions or email on that app. I think the daily information is goof as well when it comes to knowing what has been going on while you at not on th clock for work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can not text and email at the same time. Sometimes it’s needed. Sometimes people do not see a text or would like to go directly to the link without having to do too much to get there. Since sometimes you do not know if someone had an older phone that cannot get to it or if the link was not enough to get where they assumed they needed to be. I think there should be a link to just get the review and export it automatically on the website. I don’t like the fact that it automatically closes or opens some text and I don’t get notifications on my cell phone I made sure they were on. I think on some point a calling feature would set this whole app up in a whole different way and will turn into like a GOOGLE VOICE as spec literally that is the only thing missing from this app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this app to other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting in contact with many people at once. That makes it easier to have all you need in one place while doing many task. I solved the problem of that getting to the people to get my review link as soon as possible. So we can get the information to them if they are missing it or just a well informed reminder while doing that I so I think there needs to be a reminder text or email send once more or so. In order to see if the tenant has gotten the needed information.I think that information would be really helpful when it comes to updating the website for new users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Podium makes it really easy for us to reach our customers via text. Our response value is so much quicker with Podium than with a normal email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! We love Podium and would recommend it to everyone! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Podium is a must have for anyone wanting to reach their customers in a meaningful way. We have gotten so many more responses using this system than with traditional means such as phone calls, emails, and regular mail. We have found our customers are very responsive to text messages and are able to collect balances, have conversations, and make sales all through the platform. I would highly recommend trying Podium for your business! It is an essential tool that we could not live without! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Podium to contact delinquent customers via text message. We are much more likely to receive messages back from customers when using Podium than with other traditional means like phone calls and emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Podium has created an easy to use interface to communicate with customers. A lot of my customer thought it was so user friendly they were choosing to communicate with me via the app versus texting or calling me directly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Truthfully I don’t feel I really disliked anything. The application works exactly as expected and as long as the customer is comfortable using social media to post their review everything was a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the ease of use with new customer as well as let your existing customers tell their stories for prospective customers to see the type of products/services they can count on and expect from doing business with your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unfortunately a lot of customers don’t take the time when they receive world class product/services and the benefit is they can communicate easily on this platform that then brings their experiences to life with new prospective customers. Honestly just a great way for customers to encourage others to move forward with honorable & reputable companies like Renewal that they can trust!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Woodwind/Brasswind & Fretted Instrument Manager
What do you like best?

I like that I can track my individual progress in reviews, conversations and leads. I like being able to answer simple questions for customers that don't require a phone call. I also am a big fan that when a colleague doesn't have an answer, they can assign the conversation to me. It's super user-friendly and easy to monitor. I also have the Podium app on my phone, so it makes it easy for me to be accessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When a text comes in from a customer it does to the original assigned staff member, sometimes that can be a good thing. I think that my least favorite thing about the product, is when customers try to contact us in the middle of the night. I don't often know how pressing the issues are but they usually get resolved the following day. It's cool that the company can be reached any time, but sometimes, as someone with the Podium app, it can get a little bit obnoxious. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Podium is such an awesome tool for businesses to connect with their customers and provide more of a 1-on-1 relationship with customers without having a phone call. The Podium staff had a training for the company I work for to inform us on how easy it was and all of the things we could do with Podium. Podium is also a local company based out of Utah, so that's cool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is easier to reach customers who don't answer phone calls or check emails. This is especially beneficial with the Accounts Receivable department and the Repair shop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Podium is how easy it is to communicate with our customers! We can send messages via text or we can send emails as well and it is all on one platform. I also like that we can send a template to our customers that have purchased from us asking for them to leave us reviews! With the click of one button! It takes a much longer time to call customers over the phone, but being able to use podium and texting cuts that time down in half! It also makes it easy for multiple people to log on and see what other staff members have communicated to customers and its a great way to keep track of what's going on with each customer we talk to! I also like that I can use Podium on my computer desk top at work, or you can download the app and then you can answer questions from customers right from your phone at any time. They also send out an automated message to customers letting them know if it is outside of business hours, that we are unavailable at this time but will get to them as soon as we can. And then you can answer them at your leisure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you cannot search old messages by key words. We have several customers that will type in the same questions, and we sometimes use a somewhat generic response, so it would be nice to be able to look up keywords and copy and paste or for other staff members to look up certain responses for specific questions customers ask. This would be a nice feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to make your life easier and be able to communicate with your customers more effectively and efficiently, this is a great way to do that! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think the benefits of being able to use podium, texting is more efficient than email (which can also be used in podium) but customers seem to respond much quicker this way. Also if customers need to see a product, we can text the image right to their phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Prompting customer reviews is a wonderful resource, but the ability to put your customers in immediate communication with your team, be they sales or service, is not just beneficial, but essential. Podium provides a solution that is just as easy to use for employees as it is for customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing limiting the value of Podium will be the way you choose to make use of it. Implement it effectively, and you will reap the benefits, plain and simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Providing online communication options for your customers has never been more important than right now in 2020, and Podium is one of the most user-friendly methods of connecting customers to employees in a fast, effective way. When you have an individual or a team that familiarizes themselves with Podium, and recognizes the value it serves for turning online shoppers into storefront visitors, you can increase leads, traffic, and sales exponentially, the holy trinity of retail. From prompting customers to quickly and easily leave you an online review, to engaging them with answers to their questions, to following up with them to either drive them towards a purchase or to prompt them to return to you for the next one, Podium provides an invaluable interface. With this program in hand, your only limitation will be the quality of service you provide through it. It is truly an exceptional asset and a tremendous value as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Podium makes obtaining Google reviews far easier and keeps the number of emails and phone calls to a minimum. Texting is generally more convenient for our customers. We have a record of each previous conversation and the customers' contact information all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot search through my conversations by keyword. I can only find someone with their name or method of contact (phone # or email). Sometimes, I would like to use the same answer for a new customer with the same question as a previous customer, and not being able to search by keyword makes it very difficult to find the conversation, if I can't remember the previous customer by name. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great way to organize your customer contact, provide quick answers for your online customers, and obtain Google reviews quickly and easily. If you need an easy way to contact your customers, answer their questions about your online store, and build out your reviews, Podium is for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Podium links make it so easy for customers to leave a review-- takes them right where they need to go, without a hassle! It also tracks the reviews to each employee, whether they sent the link or are mentioned in the review, making it easy to see who is doing well or not so well with reviews. Podium also offers customers a chance to text directly from products on our web with questions. This saves the customer time and effort to simply text and receive a quick response, rather than writing out an email or calling the store. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.