Plytix

Plytix is a central hub where e-commerce teams can manage their products. Enrich, organize, and distribute product content with the Plytix PIM and analyze cross-channel performance with the Plytix Product Analytics tool.

Work for Plytix?

Learning about Plytix?

Plytix Reviews

Ask Plytix a Question
Showing 43 Plytix reviews
Richard A. H.

"The most versatile and complete system that I have used."

What do you like best?

This is one of the most complete softwares I have used, I like its interface that is easy to use, it allows me to assemble and edit my products in catalog forms in order to offer the client a real vision of the products you want to buy.

The way this system allows me to store all the data of my business is unique, no matter if I manage from 3000 to 10000 SKU, all this information can be modified in the simplest way possible. It also allows me to establish each department their respective tasks. I feel very satisfied with Plytix, since until now I have not got a software as complete as this one.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I have not got major problems that allow me to say something bad about this software. Already with 2 years of use I keep appearing this program as the ideal for my company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely this system is very complete and is able to adapt to the style of your business, quickly and easily, I am sure that this software will be your best investment.

Thanks to this system I have been able to integrate it with the other tools that my business has, allowing us to optimize the maintenance and delivery times of the information to the different departments of the company. Also, we have noticed that we have been able to save time in decision making.

This software is so versatile that it allows us to understand in real time, the weaknesses that each team that works in my business has in order to improve the productive chain. We have seen how thanks to this system, we have improved and grown in production in a sustained manner.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Plytix
Keshan S.

"A great starter PIM"

What do you like best?

The ease of editing product attributes is my favorite part of this software. It makes feeding product information into our systems so easy. Also, I haven't experienced any connection issues or server downtime, having a reliable software is so valuable, and I really value plytix for its reliability.

What do you dislike?

There was a bit of a learning curve learning the layout of the software. For instance, like where to click to run an export of a feed that has already been set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid to send emails or call support for help implementing or setting up your product book. The staff at Plytix has been nothing short of amazing for us.

Our inventory was being "tracked" in an Excel sheet before. Having a system to keep track of what SKU's we have active and their attributes have helped us keep our inventory accurate. We have products that are related to other products in very specific ways, and having a PIM that can handle keeping track of all that has made my job so easy.

What Product Information Management (PIM) solution do you use?

Austin S.

"Plytix is a fast, easy to learn, and powerful PIM that won't break the bank"

What do you like best?

Plytix is fast. Like, really fast. Database edits take no time at all. Search is fast and responsive. Everything is just fast. But that's not all that is fast. The process to learn Plytix is also fast because it is so simple to use. The UI is intuitive and simple; clean. The menus are where you need them to be. I went from never having seen the product before in my life to importing a full spreadsheet of our products after a simple 15 minute introductory call, which brings me to my next point: the Plytix support team is the most helpful and most responsive team I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I received a phone call from their team within five minutes of signing up for an account. They have been there every step of the way for me, and I can assure you that they will do the same for you. Oh, and did I mention they have a free tier? That's right. So there's literally nothing to lose. Try them out.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I have seen that I dislike about Plytix. In fact, I created a list of about 11 minor issues that I had experienced that were mostly quality-of-life issues (button placement, import settings, etc.) and sent it directly to Plytix. They thanked me profusely for the feedback and set me up with one of the product managers for a call that very next week. Plytix takes customer feedback seriously.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't skip the introductory call. It may seem odd that they call you within minutes of signing up, but it is not a sales pitch; I promise. All they want to do is see you succeed on their product.

Our main issue was keeping track of our product data. Simple as that. We had product data in multiple spreadsheets and applications, and it was becoming too cumbersome to manage. We also had an increasing amount of retailers requesting our product data in different formats, and this was becoming extremely difficult to manage as well. Plytix solved both of these problems by providing features such as Channels, which allow for you to create mappings and quickly generate product data spreadsheets, and Catalogs, which allow for you to quickly generate product catalogs based on any number of criteria you create. These features, combined with the dependability and speed of the back-end PIM software, made life much easier for us.

Andy R.

"Plytix is the Ecommerce Manager's best friend"

What do you like best?

Plytix has made my life at least 100 times easier than it would be otherwise. Even as a simple organizational tool for product data, it has essentially paid for itself. In managing thousands of SKUs across multiple sales/inventory platforms, data quality is my top priority. Now I have a simple tool to help maintain that, and one that allows for small and large changes to our product book to be accurately reflected everywhere they need to be.

I have been using Plytix for about six months, and in those six months the service has already greatly evolved beyond its initial capabilities. New features are always being added, and those features are almost always immediately useful to me. I can tell that development decisions are being made by people that are very much aware of what Ecommerce professionals need to do their jobs effectively.

As far as support goes, I have never seen a company so responsive to any issues that arise. Despite being located half way around the world from me, any difficulties I run into are quickly resolved. Our account manager Jon has been amazing for us in making sure we are being taken care of.

What do you dislike?

Hard to identify specific difficulties. There have been very occasional interruptions in service, but they have always been fixed quickly. Some may find the constant updates confusing once they become familiar with the layout, but I have found that any re-arranging of the interface is usually done in a way I find logical and useful.

I now have a main source of truth for my product data, and can output that data to all of my platforms in the exact way those platforms need to see that data with minimal fuss. My job is immensely detail-oriented with a lot of data to maintain across various platforms. Plytix has been my go-to tool to simplify that process and has saved me an immense amount of time and frustration.

Sandra Marie P.

"Sweeping Change for Our Company!"

What do you like best?

We did not have one place where our information was stored on the over 1000 sku's we sell. Our company is growing but without a dashboard to manage these products we could not keep up with the increase activity. This was my first inspiration for using Plytix. Our company was also in need of a new updated website - this same PIM information is used as the product feed for our new website. We also share custom digital catalogs for our customers and regional representatives.

What do you dislike?

This is a robust system. There is a learning curve, but with the support package that Plytix offers I have the training and one on one help I need. This is more than a phone call - this is personalized training via google hangouts. I cannot emphasize that enough - Plytix customer service and attention is amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is hard to choose software when you are researching on the internet. I called and spoke with Plytix - talk to the brilliant people who are Plytix. This company is moving fast and improving functions consistently, just when you think it can't get better - it does.

I am able to provide responsive, fast, accurate and professional communication to our customers. We were so paper based and needed to update our presence and our service. With Plytix we are able to do just that. We are not even using all of the capabilities that this software provides and already it is changing our business.

Jamie P.

"Easy Simple PIM System"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive and easy to use cloud-based PIM System. The team is very responsive and implement updates and needed updates quickly. When there is a feature required, they listen very well and either provide a solution or add it to their roadmap. Also it is quite affordable and very flexible payment options.

The best thing is their support - the team is very responsive and happy to help you through hurdles you may encounter as well as suggestions on other channels/ideas that may benefit your business

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like. I think the media files library could use a little better UX/features, but it is simple and very straightforward. I would like to see formulas added the system as well, but I believe it is on their roadmap...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a simple system, so if you are looking to get started with PIM it is great, the team is great, and I highly recommend starting with them.

Consolidation of Product information from multiple systems has helped us to keep all the same information in each system. It is much easier changing the info once. It has also helped in making sure all product information is more accurate and organized.

It also helped up to analyze our product information in one place to get a better understanding of the needs of the different channels and what attributes we needed to think about for each product. As we grow, the PIM system is going to be more and more critical and we will prove even more benefits of the system.

Dhesaka J.

"Brilliant piece of software! Has saved hundreds of hours. "

What do you like best?

One of the most useful and user-friendly applications that I have had the pleasure of using! Using Plytix has saved us a considerable amount of time, instead of having to do repetitive data entry tasks.

What do you dislike?

Your support section is okay, but video guides would be amazing and i highly recommend having some available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set up a call with one of their sales reps like we did, and they will walk you through all the benefits of their remarkable software. I would look into their competitors and do same, and you will easily see why Plytix is the obvious choice for Product Information Management. In terms of pricing, Plytix offers so much value for what they are charging, we wish we were introduced to Plytix months earlier when we were onboarding various retailers and had to reply on a google Doc spreadsheet. Plytix is leaps and bounds better than the old primate way that we used to operate.

Product Information Management. Significant time saving, instead of having to fill in the same repetitive data on all our vendor sites we have one hub for everything.

Scott H.

"Perfect, flexible PIM solution that won't break the bank."

What do you like best?

We found Plytix at the perfect time. We were just at the cusp of not being able to manage our product content in excel and Dropbox any longer, but all the well known PIM solutions wanted 10's of thousands of dollars a year. We couldn't swing this either. We searched high and low and finally found Plytix. It was perfect - we could tailor our PIM data structure to our product and manage all our media/assets alongside our product information. Plytix is young, so you may find specific features that are available in the larger more mature (but what I think are bloated) PIM solutions, but don't let this worry you. The Plytix team is suuuuuper open to feature suggestions and I must say a number of the things we needed that were originally missing have since been implemented.

What do you dislike?

My only real critique are small - mostly missing features here and there (a lot of which I believe are in the pipeline):

- No autogenerating of thumbnails for PDFs, videos or anything other than images really

- No serious image manipulation or custom file naming on catalog export

Stuff like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unless you can justify spending a fortune for a bloated solution. Do yourself a favor and consider Plytix...

Hosting (catalogs) and delivering product data and assets to our 50+ retailers.

Brian Z.

"Great PIM for smaller companies"

What do you like best?

We reviewed several PIM tools and the scale (and cost) of them was just way to much for us. Plytix offered a cost effective tool with all of the core functionality we needed and we didn't have take out a loan to afford it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike so far. There are lots of places where Plytix can add additional functionality and they are doing that a fairly rapid pace but the core functions are solid.

Our marketing person needed to update product information in at least three different systems between print, intranet, and internet, every time a product change was made. With Plytix we are moving towards one repository for our marketing information that can be pushed out over multiple channels. This will be a huge benefit for us due to our limited resources for marketing.

Jennifer P.

"Absolutely perfect for our needs. There is nothing else that even compares!"

What do you like best?

The ability to shape the platform with attributes. We aren't limited by an off the rack system.

What do you dislike?

I have 2 suggestions: First, I would have is to be able to "duplicate" items vs. having to manually enter each new item. Second, it would be amazing to be able to edit attributes when you view all products, directly in that list. The update to bulk edit is great but I still feel like it could be make more seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can only speak to the tool as an information mgmt system but from that perspective, it is brilliant and again, seems to be the only thing out there that does what it does.

Being able to manage and provide access to all information in one single place is priceless.

Isaiah L.

"Best Value and Best Value Added Support and Service"

What do you like best?

We like the price and terrific customer support. They are one of the best support we have ever came across in any type of online digital marketing services. The use of the product is very obvious and take a short learning curve. Setup was very easy with the help of the support team. The use of the platform is easy to navigate and very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The thumbnail images are a little too small. It would be great to see a bigger size thumbnails.

We have resolved the issue of managing too many spread sheets and not knowing what the products look like. It is complete deposit box for our product contents and employees can be synced with the same information all the time.

"Making Life Easier"

What do you like best?

What I appreciate most about Plytix is that it lets you tailor your experience to exactly what you need, nothing more and nothing less, making content organization unbeatable. It is easy to use, share, and extract information from.

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot think of any negatives with Plytix, it's so efficient and has made PIM very smooth.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This website is so easy to use. Even for someone like me who is not the most technically savvy individual, Plytix makes creating / sharing files, catalogs, and general PIM so simple and efficient.

Before using Plytix our PIM did not have an organized system, now we have one consolidated place to store all our information. Not only is content available and shareable through linking the webpage, product content can be exported to Excel to make the transfer of information to any other forum easier than ever.

Alex W.

"Plytix "

What do you like best?

Love Plytix because not only is it easy to store your data, but the way you can export in a customization way to fulfill the needs of customers is huge. I also love the customer service - our account manager Jon is great.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything, but there are always things we suggest and they follow up on that and I'm grateful for that.

We have to fill out spreadsheets for each key retailer (Amazon, HD, Walmart, etc.) and it's always time consuming - but with Plytix, it's so customizable that we can cut hours of time filling these sheets out.

Bryan M.

"Great Pre-Sales systems and support, looks like a good company to work with"

What do you like best?

We were assigned a dedicated member of staff who walked us through the features in direct relation to how our business might work with Plytix rather than a straight 'sales pitch'

This enabled us to truly eveluate where this flavour of PIM might fit with our organisation and how it differs from other offeriengs

So far, they stand out as the best PIM for us by far as a product and as a company we can work with

What do you dislike?

Nothing to mention so far, they have responded in a very satisfactory way to all my queries

We have a substantial number of incoming and distribution channels which have some commonality, but a serious number of differences that make it extremely time consuming and inefficient to manage

Jon at Plytix demonstrated how we can streamline and improve these channels and make them managable and also easily scalable to introduce new channels we simply could not attempt before

Michael M.

"Good experience. Very good support and follow through"

What do you like best?

Great addition to our company's "bag of tricks". Super easy to add/edit/delete content to the cloud based catalog. Mostly positive feedback from our customers.

What do you dislike?

A few bugs in the navigating area that have been resolved. If a basic ordering option was available, that would be nice, but I am told that it is in the works and may be in place for the next update.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very worthwhile company and product. Jon is over the top outstanding, in terms of support and follow up.

Content modification has been made much easier. Fairly professional look to it as well.

EF
Executive Sponsor in Food Production

"A lot of power in a simple package"

What do you like best?

Even though we're looking forward to more features and functions as the product matures, one of the best elements of Plytix is that it is simple, straight-forward and easy to digest. Many systems we looked at were overly complex and their features got in the way of just getting things "done". Plytix has a lot of power (at a great price) but it keeps things simple.

What do you dislike?

Needs more security roles and the ability to limit users to what fields of data they can access. This would allow us to use across a broader set of users and functions across our company to expand our PIM with even more useful data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simple to medium-complexity PIM projects are a good fit especially if quick startup is required.

We were extremely limited in our product catalog in our ERP system. And spreadsheets weren't scalable to allow to create longer, more descriptive descriptions and add many valuable fields of data that aren't supported in our ERP. Plus having a web interface to quickly update products - rather than our green-screen ERP system - is important for us to allow many different users to access the PIM. And having this expanded data set is allowing us to centralize data but distribute to many more systems such as our new mobile ordering platform and eventually our supplier management platform.

User in Consumer Goods

"Easy-to-Use Product Information Management Software at a great pice"

What do you like best?

Plytix is easy to navigate and understand. Their customer success team had us familiar with the software in a matter of a few phone calls. It is easy to edit products within the platform and see which ones are missing information. The ability to also create custom catalogs is also very helpful. The pricing is also unbelievable. Compared to similar software that is out there, Plytix provides a proper PIM tool without breaking the bank. There are other add-ons like Venzee that can easily be integrated with Plytix.

What do you dislike?

The initial import can take some time to map out all of the right categories and attributes, but once the grunt work is done it will be all set for future imports.

Keeping our product information organized in one place for all of our vendors has become much easier. No more updating spreadsheets. This is a one-stop information hub for all of our products.

Pritesh S.

"Amazing software to keep your data in organized and sharable. "

What do you like best?

Lot's of details that can be customized according to our needs. Very easy to export data and import data. Easy to rectify changes. very easy to make or add changes to the PIM while uploading data e.g adding a new attribute.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, we have been using Plytix for sometime now and our account rep is extremely helpful.

Storing product data that is sharable in a proper manner to our distributors and customers. Very easy to share the spreadsheet with our customers, suppliers and distributors. Easy to customize and provide only the needed information.

AM
Administrator in Machinery

"Best PIM for the price and scope."

What do you like best?

The Plytix user interface is clean, simple and very easy to use. It doesn't overwhelm a new user with complicated instructions or finicky data imports. What you see is what you get. Which is great for those of us that have many responsibilities besides product inventory management.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to adjust the size of the images on a catalog PDF.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a small to medium business and new to managing product data, then Plytix Index PIM may be the platform you need. It allows you to maintain your files in one central source from which you can distribute the latest product data to your website and internal team members.

Our company is setting up an e-commerce store on our website and we need the product data to be imported. The Plytix PIM feed is great for importing the products and keeping them up to date.

"Cost-effective, high impact solution for SMEs"

What do you like best?

Very easy set-up, fantastic support from the account managers (thanks Tim!) and the support team. Plytix is very open about user feedback, and actually implement your suggestions if they make sense for the platform as a whole. They are a rapidly growing company, so new features are being added regularly.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike per say, but the platform doesn't yet have all of the features leading PIMs do. Then again, the price is absolutely unbeatable, and they are making many updates to offer more features. If you come from a different PIM, just make sure to do your due diligence in terms of matching up what you need vs. what they offer.

Catalog loading time can be a bit slow sometimes.

Centralizing all of our product information to avoid silos, feeding product information into our website, giving our sales people easy access to product information.

Al D.

"Plytix is great!"

What do you like best?

Plytix is incredibly easy to use and so easy to customize it to meet our needs. And their customer service is outstanding. Since signing up with them or item setup process has drastically improved.

What do you dislike?

Kind of hard to find anything I don't like, because if there is something you don't like they fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended

We use it to store and export our product data. We are able to create custom exports that match our customers needs, thereby speeding up the process of getting items online.

Mai J.

"User friendliness and ONE place for all my product data "

What do you like best?

The user friendliness and the price!

What do you dislike?

I wish I could do stock-management in the PIM, but I know it's not really the place for it and I've got a workaround that works.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This solution has everything you need in a PIM - at a fraction of the price. The fact that you can make your own product feeds in the PIM is a massive game changer when selling on multiple channels. Their Support team is also super helpful and it's nice to deal with "real people".

I am saving a lot of time on creating and maintaining Products Information and media assets internally and sharing it externally. I finally have ONE place for all of my data and it's always updated and availble to me no matter where I am.

"Everything that I needed plus excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, uncomplicated, love the customer service!

What do you dislike?

I know Plytix is improving everyday and implementing all the recommendations we are submitting, I'd love for the search in the tool to be improved

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Service, very fast and friendly. Plytix will always accommodate to your needs, they will give you training and will develop a solution together with you according to your needs. I've seen a great improvement from the very first time I contact them 6 months ago. We launched Plytix for our customers back in September and since then, we've only seen a positive development. We have grown in efficiency and we just cannot imagine our lives without it anymore.

Big kudos to Plytix and their team for being so proactive and engaging with their customers.

We were very inefficient when it came to provide holistic product information to our clients, now our customers can find easy information

AM

"An Evolving Curation of Data"

What do you like best?

The ability to filter and curate data on the cloud. The user interface is quite simple and the filtering system is extremely intuitive, fun to use actually compared to excel.

What do you dislike?

Plytix needs an integration with Magento. I believe they have released an e-commerce type solution, we have not tried it yet, but it would have been awesome if plytix had a way to directly connect to magento. FOr magento users like us it would make our lives relatively easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plytix is a very nice way to curate your data on the cloud

Curating product categories, product families and file attachments for specific skus. Having our data in the cloud makes it easier to access as well as allowing flexibility in terms of how the feeds can be used gives us a tremendous amount of application and ideas for the future of our data.

"My Plytix Experience"

What do you like best?

I only use the catalog feature. My account manager was very good at helping me through the setup process and working together to figure out a solution for some of my unique requirements. Once I understood how the catalogs functioned; I have found it easy to use as an administrator.

What do you dislike?

There are some catalog functionalities that didn't quite suit my needs (mainly around showing the colour choices for various products). My account manager found a solution, but it is not the easiest to navigate. The Analytics for the catalog are not very robust. I would like to have visibility as to who has looked at my catalog. Also, I work on EST, and it seems that whenever I need to Live Chat with someone, the help centre has closed.

I am now able to provide a catalog of some of my products. We have only been live a short while - so the benefits have not yet been realized.

Learn more about Plytix

Plytix Videos

Learning about Plytix?

* We monitor all Plytix reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.