Plesk Reviews & Product Details

Website Developer
What do you like best?

Love the interface, simple, clean, organized and easy to find your way around. I also like that it is available on both Linux and Windows servers. Which makes it the only panel I use on a windows server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I dislike about Plesk. I work extensively with Plesk and cPanel. cPanel does seem to be faster than Plesk in terms of performance, and it is one of the only downsides to Plesk I've come across. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. I don't think you can go wrong with Plesk, it's only competition is cPanel in my opinion. While choosing between the two comes down to preference of use, if you're working on a Windows server, cPanel is not available there and thus really only leaves one option in that environment that I would choose, which is Plesk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problems Plesk solves for me are reliable web hosting services such as WordPress management with the WordPress toolkit as well as mail server and database management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Plesk Overview

What is Plesk?

Our core mission at Plesk is to simplify the lives of web pros, so they can focus on their core business - not infrastructure management. Key Plesk platform features are automation and management of domains, mail accounts, web apps, programming languages and databases. Providing a ready-to-code environment and strong security across all layers and operating systems. Currently, we operate on +390k servers globally, support operations of +11 million websites & 19 million mailboxes. Check out our Plesk partner program for special pricing https://ple.sk/PleskPartner

Plesk Details
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Plesk is a cloud-based web hosting control panel that helps run, automate and grow applications, websites and hosting businesses in more than 26 languages across 140 countries in the world. 50% of the top 100 worldwide service providers are partnering with Plesk today.

- Strongest site and server security
- Expandable with Extensions ecosystem

Schaffhausen, Switzerland
@Plesk

Plesk Videos

Plesk Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Plesk community
Have you used Plesk before?

Plesk Reviews

Showing 203 Plesk reviews
Already have Plesk?
Automation Lead
What do you like best?

Plesk does an excellent job of abstracting complex configuration options in to a consistent user interface. Some similar software only gives you effectively a web interface to the raw config so there is little advantage over manually managing the server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the power of Plesk is not obvious on first use, with some of the best features are split into (free) modules which are not installed by default. Others are only available in the power user mode. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Older versions of Plesk had some serious issues and lots of online commentary is based from them. Plesk took a bold decision to totally change the design and leave behind some old fashioned practices. It is now the most advanced control panel in my option and you would be remiss in not at least trying it out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows day to day server management to be delegated to end users or less skilled staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Designer
What do you like best?

Once you have a tool that manages your website so easily, you will no longer need sophisticated tools. Great flexibility and easy access to your website management tools with Plesk has made it easier for me. As a novice web designer, I was not very familiar with hosting systems and thought it would be difficult to work with them because I had previously worked with another system in one of the training courses, but I got acquainted with Plesk at work and after a while One hour training I got familiar with almost the whole hosting management system. Now I upload the files myself from my iPad, phone or public office devices of my workplace and I see the changes immediately and if I need to test codes with my colleague, I can easily share it with him. The system of backup and online editing of codes and files is very useful for me and I also love uploading zip files with the ability to drag and drop and decompress them on the server with one click. Think about it! I will upload about two thousand files in a zipped form with one click, and immediately after the upload is completed, I will use Plesk built in decompress feature and unzip files with just one click! Yes, 1 Click! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I just like to add features like sending and uploading files directly to Plesk via email attachment, otherwise I like all the current features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Daily tasks such as uploading new site files or sending large and bulky files with Plesk and its online tools are very convenient and good. It saves me time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Plesk
Web Developer
What do you like best?

We moved from an old server to the latest version of Plesk on new hosting and cloud servers. This new platform was both easier for us and increased the quality and speed of our work in managing site files. The WordPress section of Plesk automatically updates our site and suggests changes if it needs security, or updates and fixes it after our approval. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When everything is fine with this software, I do not see anything to say! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very difficult to find a management software that is really smart and compatible with the automation system, and I think Plesk is the best option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We manage a startup project with several developers through GitHub and we need constant changes. Plesk is also compatible with GitHub and you can log in to the site with it and we can esily deploy our website content by pushing it to a local Git repository or by pulling from a remote one in just one click! Now the development of our project is easier than ever! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

W
What do you like best?

The color scheme and simplicity of the menus and icons are very good. When I want to teach this system to the client, I can explain everything in less than ten minutes, and even a child can learn to work with Plesk menus. There is no complexity in the host management system and you have all the features clean and simple, and the manual is on top of you with the smart wizard next to you and gives you good suggestions. The intelligent wizard system and easy backup and installation of various software such as WordPress and Drupal and simple email management are also very practical and excellent. Plesk in one sentence: simple, clean and functional host management system! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For me, this system is all good, but maybe some features like domain management and domain extension reminder can also be added can be a good option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a simple and powerful hosting and email management system that is clean and functional and meets all your needs, Plesk is all you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can easily manage site files or changes in site code and updates are very simple. If a site needs support, I can easily solve simple problems in less than a few minutes through a mobile application or laptop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Cloud & Security Engineer
What do you like best?

Basically plesk supports both Windows and Linux based as well as postfix and qmail.

What I like most in plesk is Linux based solution, Easy, and fast configuration.With less updates and not require any reboot in production. windows mostly requires to be reboot and it suffers the operations .

While using linux its really easy for us take backup suchthat windows it self holds big operating system which cloud easy be compromised.

I strongly suggest the plesk should move with linux based solutions . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

WebUI of plesk is quite different and descriptive. Plesk need to upgrade its dashboard even its core configurations are really good and customizable but plesk seems like very complicated for non tech person which may lead to operation burden in terms of hiring a highly skills person. On the otherhand security is the major concern for webhosting and email solutions . we always like to deploy Linux based solutions because window is more vulnerable then Linux and easy to get compromise the entire machine . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plesk is cost effective solutions as compare to others, You can deploy this on open source based operating system which may lead to reduce your subscription cost And you can find many thing on a single pane of glass. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The thing which I like most in plesk is Linux based solutions which is really amazing in terms of customizing plesk on our own. Since Linux support both postfix and qmail But Qmail segregates its all configuration with respect to file bases.

We can control the spam and user based restrictions, no of emails per user can send in a specific time duration.

On the other hand if a user gets blocked by qmail filters it can easily be unblocked by any non tech person.

Furthermore, webhosting solution is also good in terms of different version of php with different domains on a very low cost. Plesk is completely a cost effective solutions as compare to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Specialist
What do you like best?

A screen on the left side still offers users a better navigation interface. The colors given as default are nice as well. Compared to other server management tables, it runs quicker. Trial versions are often the most helpful ones and I am still recommend it to others, as it is compatible with Linux and Win.

More on Plesk: First is the price. I have always got cheaper server plans than any other for me and my customers using Plesk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Help for management by various web hosting companies such as WHMCS management, though addon, subdomain, and main domain are considered equal and counted with the same number if you set limits on the number of domains. Though user subscriptions are also complicated. Shift in policies from Obsidian to Plesk Onyx. No sync with other DNS clusters, such as cPanel's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you come for multiple stack hosting growth, then if you come for productivity and have other better choices, then you go for them. For all the good it has, I would suggest it anyway. Not just because of 1 thing that I don't like. The Method Chart was a helpful list for me. While I can see numbers on the utilization of money, I can't bring myself to build on those. I haven't seen the downsides yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

On Plesk servers, I tried to solve several problems, including mail, database, webserver, etc. The benefit I find in Plesk is that it has very strong log support, using which a server administrator can locate and address the root cause of the problems. Plesk also has very strong service manuals which offers different complaints with fixes/solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Administrator
What do you like best?

It supports windows is what I liked. Though I will go with another panel in the case of Linux. It supports .Net which makes windows users easy to host shared architecture. Also the Support forums with accurate solutions which I liked the most. Mail Management, SSL Management, and Deployment are easy with Plesk. Also, File management setting permission is pretty easy to do. Extensions are very useful and WordPress and CMS are easy to install also. Easy upgrades and easy switching between PHP Versions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit complex when comes to the UI part. When someone from panels like Cpanel and Virtualmin shifts to Plesk it might get some time to understand the hierarchy and UI of Plesk. Hierarchy like Plan, Subscription, Users, Websites somehow confusing but one can figure out it through guides. Should make UI easy like Cpanel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plesk is a good choice for a shared hosting setup as it is compatible with Windows and Linux so if you are going to set up a hybrid Shared hosting using .net, PHP, Mysql and MSSQL do consider Plesk. But be sure you will not get Plesk and it's working in a one go you have to spend some time with Plesk to get the best out of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shared Hosting on windows is basically what I need which is solved by Plesk. It is easy for the windows server to manage through Plesk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager (Sr. Linux Administrator)
What do you like best?

Plesk is most popular hosting control panel among the most user-friendly hosting panels, The trail subscription is very helpful to understand the features.

As now these days Plesk Onyx produce the new ability to limit the amount of system resources like cpu memoty that can be used by a particular subscription or hosting account. This feature helps to prevent server abuse caused by either malicious or poorly written scripts. Some time the resources hungry web app consume all system resources. So the new feature will help to prevent such kind of activities.

It also allows you to properly organize the server panel for quicker browsing and easy access to frequently needed tools.

I am using plesk from long time as per my experience some features are good.

Easy installation and configuration

User Interface also good

The Various type of extensions (I mostly prefer for lite-speed )

Nginx reverse proxy plugins with cache.

Security

chroot environment

SSL Management

Stats management:- To see the traffic on the serer as well as domain

softwware installer

Plesk firewall

Plesk wordpress toolkit

Digicert SSL Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Less Proficiency in comparison to cPanel or LAMP or LEMP stacks as well as some other control panels which are well-organized and support multiple web server software.

Sometime get domains templates related issue and fail2ban firewall with plesk.

I am not satisfied with backup manager, The backup and restore process is complicated so Need to improve backup manger in easy like cpanel. As the cPanel backup manager is too good. we can take the backup many ways. and can restore in a single click

IP management is also not good need to improvement some create issue. It create the issue when we need to add multiple ips and interface.

Mail server management also need improve, Specially need to improve queue management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend the Plesk as it also offers some strong features to make things easier for beginners,

and keep the plesk up to date to avoid the vulnerabilities and get the latest features with smooth operations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have use the plesk control panel to manage the multiple websites easily with different different prerequisites like some require multiple php version according the web app requiremnt. and also predefined nginx template with reverse proxy cache. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Designer/Developer
What do you like best?

Plesk is quite effective in order to administrate your server and your content in it. I like mostly the construction for every site it shows you the whole content you can administrate and change any feature for the specific site. It defers from the cpanel because it is creating a very good segmentation for each website and you know where to go exactly when you want to administrate the content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mail import could be improved in order to move safely from cpanel cause now you can get some times an error but you don't get notified. A validation of the fields could help before importing. Also maybe I function for easy transfer of websites through the softaculous (maybe) could help if the user doesn't know how to move the website manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

as mention at the dislike section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Simplicity of User Interface, Side panel. Panel on the left side always gives users a better interface for navigation. Colors given as default is also good. It works faster as compared to others server management panels. Trial versions has always been most helpful. I would always recommend it to others, also for it is compatible in both environment Linux or windows. Upsides of using Plesk: Fist is the pricing: I have always got cheaper server plans for me and my clients using Plesk as compared to any other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Scroll in the main page on right, page where we get install apps options. When we click some options on the left panel, sometimes we see there is a Scroll with further options. This part looks complex and bit old fashioned. This can certainly be improved by alternatives. I would anyhow recommend it for all the good it has. Not just because of 1 thing I dislike. Process List has been list helpful for me. Even though I can see statistics for resources being used, I can not help improving on those myself. Downsides I have not seen yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I host my websites. I have used it on windows and linux environment both. Mostly whenever I have purchased hosting plans, I have got Plesk along with the plan. Once I did install VPS and configured Plesk on it. I have always used it to publish websites live and for giving few web based apps with login option to my clients. It helps me implementing my web apps and website live without going through complex command prompt process. I can easily manage my domains, users, databases, emails settings, ssl and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Junior System Administrator
What do you like best?

Support of multiple development stakes in widely used control panel like PHP, MYSQL, .Net, SQL Server, and Docker etc. and installations on multiple Operating Systems including Windows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Less Efficiency in comparison to cPanel or LAMP or LEMP stacks as well as some other control panels which are efficient and support multiple web server software. Support for management by different web hosting companies like management through WHMCS, while it considers addon, subdomain and main domain as equal and count them with same number if you put limits on number of domains. While subscription of user is also complex. Change in policies from Plesk Oynx to Obsidian. No synchronisation with other DNS clusters like cPanel's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if coming for multiple development stack hosting then its perfect if coming for efficiency and have other better options then go for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Multiple development stacks, support for both .Net and Php in same panel, multiple databases supported like MySQL and SQL Server. Free Lets Encrypt SSL. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have worked as Server administrator and was providing support for web hosting servers. I have worked with many hosting control panels and Plesk was extrmely helpful as an admin as well as a user. I recommended Plesk to many of my customers and they are also satisifed with Plesk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Plesk has many advances features and basic users may feel it as dificult in the first time and they will realize the real importance when they get familiarized with each features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Plesk as the best hosting control panel based on its stabiliy and feature rich platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have tried solving many issues on Plesk servers including mail, database, webserver etc. The benifit I found in Plesk is that it provide very good support for the logs, using which a server admin can found the root cause of the issues and fix it. Also Plesk has very good support documents and it provides fix/solution for various issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frontend Web Developer
What do you like best?

If I have to choose a simple phrase to describe Plesk, it would be "feature rich". It is possible to manage emails, files, databases, backup copies and more from this application. The documentation is excellent and very detailed. The user interface is simple and clean. I also consider that it has an affordable cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No issues, I never had a problem implementing Plesk or with their customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plesk has been amazing to work with. This software gives us the ability to meet the management needs of our website. It is very easy to configure and is affordable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Plesk I can easily monitor our company website server and can easily fix errors. There are many repair solutions available, such as database restoration or load monitoring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EI
What do you like best?

Plesk is easy to use and quick to setup. Best GUI for a Webhosting control panel and lots of configuration and customization options available. The integrated SSL certificate requesting is a really cool feature. Customizable and many available plugins on the marketplace.

We have created a web host on Azure using the marketplace image of Plesk. Plesk license is subscription-based per month so no upfront investment. It was less than a day to set up the system and migrating websites. In my experience, Plesk is the one-stop solution for the Webhosting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The migration tools need a bit mature, especially when migrating website(s) from cPanel to Plesk on Windows Host. Otherwise, I have had a really good experience so far. I reached out to support, they are also good and responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a one-stop hosting solution, go for Plesk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Plesk for Webhosting where we are hosting 50+ websites for our customers. Previously we were on third-party hosting and now we have created our own web hosting environment on Azure for us and our customers. The integrated SSL certificate requesting is a really cool feature. We have created a web host on Azure using the marketplace image of Plesk. Plesk license is subscription-based per month so no upfront investment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. CloudOps Engineer
What do you like best?

Compared to cPanel or any other hosting control panel - please provides a more sophisticated interface. There are custom view options that will support or that can be customized according to the user level.

Make use of the very well designed Website builder option that comes along with Plesk which will help the user to build their own custom website without a dedicated website developer support. Plesk support will be able to assist you for any technical issues you. are facing while building your website.

Plesk support can give you help through a shared screen that will help you a lot. I recommend going ahead Plesk control panel if you are planning to buy a hosting control panel.

Try WebHost edition license if you are planning to resell or start a website hosting company.

Apart from all these, I can assure you the security end - too many sensitive/high-security sites are utilizing Plesk for hosting their websites. This indicates the level of security we can expect from Plesk as a control panel.

Moreover Plesk is the best option to provide both Windows and Linux hosting.

Cheers!!

Arjun Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Often you feel the control panel is a bit sluggish due to its heavily loaded features.

Check with. you hosting provider - whether you are eligible for direct support from Plesk experts when you choose Plesk as your hosting control panel. Else you may end up with inexperienced support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare with cPanel only and go ahead! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If you are a hosting provider - you will be able to do all the customization and maintenance easier than any other control panel. The support you will be getting from the Plesk team will be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Support, Level 2
What do you like best?

Plesk is a very nice control panel and can definitely handle one's hosting needs. It is slightly different than cPanel in design and how features are accessed for your hosted domains, but it is a small learning curve. With cPanel, you find the feature, select the domain and go from there; however, with Plesk, you can find the specific domain on the main page and then execute all the features needed from that domain.

I do like that it is very easy to select PHP versions for each domain without conflict and most items are pretty easy to do ( create email addresses, MSSQL/ MySQL databases, DNS, SSL support, etc. ).

Also, like that it can be installed and supported on multiple operating systems unlike other control panels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have ever disliked is that the File Manager can be a little updated, While definitely functional, it can be a little confusing to use at first. However, all the access is there to manage files and folders ( Create, Delete, Move, Copy, Rename, Change Permissions, Edit, Download, Extract, etc. ). But this is just a small issue with the software for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had a Windows shared account for years using Plesk for work purposes and it worked extremely well. Without this panel, administrating a Windows account via terminal would be nearly impossible unless you have serious Microsoft and Windows knowledge and certifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Support Engineer
What do you like best?

So many accounts can be managed from Plesk Panel, and the most helpful feature i like about Plesk is that we can check what is the status of Application Pool of any website and we can restart, stop, start Application Pool without loging in to Server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't dislike Plesk, but I think Plesk should have the options to get Summary Report or the Reports option in some of multiple options where we can select desired options to get report in our way in excel atleast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the most important benefits of Plesk is we can migrate multiple accounts from one server to another within very less time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Javascript Developer
What do you like best?

The system management is much better than it's competitors. I have been using a dedicated linux machine for production and our team member also require access to the system. If we change vhost settings though SSH, the changes are automatically reflected in the portal. But we find is much faster to configure our sites through Plesk than to use the SSL. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Quite often the steps we find to accomplish something are entirely different on out version of Plesk and it's hard to find how to do the same thing in the same version.

Another thing, due to mistake of another developer, some important files were deleted which caused PLESK and all our hosted sites to stop working. Luckily SSH access was still working and we got no support from Plesk saying that since the plesk cannot connect to the machine, they can't help us. It took us some time to fix the problems but we were all on our own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always keep Plesk updated or you are going to be in trouble Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For day-to-day tasks, server management is way way easier than SSHing and editing config files. The logs are very useful for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The fact that anyone can easily get one running, and quickly progress into hardening security, monitoring performance and increase reliability on a shared hosting platform with a somehow intuitive GUI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Most of the details I disliked over the years were generally related either to features we didn't use or that were designed with a more broader scope in mind. Once I learned the intended use and understood the big picture it all made sense. Currently the only dislike I have is log rotation - still not doing what it's supposed to do and keeping a 3GB log fie for a single website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read documentation as some of the features are intended for large implementations and may not be applicable in the same way you expect. Test all new functionalities separately. Read thoroughly before using LVE Manager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sorting out some "not yet fully understood" PHP-FPM issues, not sure if website related, Plesk related or infrastructure related. Benefits realized so far are GUI related and plethora of available plugins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Success Engineer