Playlister Reviews & Product Details

Playlister Overview

What is Playlister?

Playlister gives you the easiest experience when playing content on classroom and signage TVs. Playlister lets you schedule what content appears on which TVs, this means that playing it has never been easier.

Playlister Details

Playlister is a simple and scalable way to control all your TVs. Playlister takes less than a minute to install. Once set up, it takes seconds to program your content.

Playlister

Playlister Screenshots

Playlister Reviews

Showing 24 Playlister reviews
Already have Playlister?
What do you like best?

The ease of use for both myself setting up and my volunteers to use on the weekend. I love how I can easily adjust the lessons to meet my churches needs. I can add worship videos or our own video messages. I can send out a link for families that are still not attending in person . We also love that there is no more lag time waiting for our iPads to screen mirror to the TV. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I wish I could get a discount for referring friends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wish I would have bought this sooner. It saves me countless hours preparing for the weekend and it empowers my volunteers in the classroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My volunteers are so much more comfortable and can move around the room, while still controlling the lesson. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Playlister allows us to share content online with families who have not yet returned to church due to COVID 19.

It is also a timesaver for our Kids leaders. Content is loaded centrally and leaders just turn on the Apple TV and download each week's lesson. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The per-screen cost adds up quickly for our larger campuses. I would like to see a flat fee for organizations who use many screens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time is not being spent by multiple individuals uploading content to thumb drives or onto multiple computers. Leaders have more time to devote to other tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use, it will revolutionise the way we do ministry, es[ecially in this time of doing church remotely. The LOrd's timing in bringing a platform like this to churches is awesome.

As well as being user friendly, the service I have received has been so incredibly friendly, very personal, right down to having a one on one zoom call with Chris Holland, the Founder and Chief Happiness Officer.

Such a great title Chief Happiness Officer, and the happiness is for sure real in being able to use such a great platform.

Excited to some potential updates that are due to be released tha that will enhance the experience even more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I didn't find it sooner!

No dislikes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look and see how easy it is to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ease of one click for our families upon receiving the playlist to worship at home, rather than having to embed or attach so many links to what we were sending out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Playlister has helped our organization work smarter- 1 staff person builds content that streams to 30+ environments. A huge advantage is that we were able to link our Playlister account to our Orange account and files automatically appear in our libraries. So our staff person is not spending loads of time uploading content to Playlister! Other great advantages; it's easy to use, classrooms require less technology, classrooms require fewer volunteers for large group, you don't need internet to play your playlists, and the new added bonus of online links to share with families at home to keep them engaged when they aren't able to attend church is AMAZING.! The Playlister team is very helpful and great to work with!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve with the remote. For us, our host or room lead, has the remote in hand and is responsible for moving paused files forward which we find works great. Before using Playlister, we used a tech volunteer to run programming from a computer so the host wasn't operating a remote. You can choose to use a tech volunteer to operate the remote if your host is not a multitasker! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use fewer staff to program our large group experiences which gives our kids directors more time to build into people. We use fewer volunteers for programming on a Sunday morning which gives us more volunteers to build into kids. In this season of staying at home, we are able to provide services for our families to engage with at home! The equipment is small and easy to manage. We don't have to rely on internet for the playback experience! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

It is so straightforward to use. It has exactly the features I need and is SO EASY. I began saving time immediately because I didn't even have to put in any work to learn it. It syncs with my Orange account so I don't even have to transfer/copy/move things! Easy for me, easy for my volunteers. All around awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well, it would be nice if everything was free. But it is worth paying for because of the time and hassle it has saved for me and for my volunteers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

User friendly for my volunteers-- no longer have to select from many things, only exactly what they need is available to them each week.

No longer have to copy videos to USB and have someone format them so that they will play on our TV.

I create the playlists on my own computer and it syncs on its own- I don't have to move anything or be near the TV.

It looks better onscreen! Playing through a slideshow is way better than opening video files from a folder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their team is quick to respond to questions. The system is very user friendly no matter the age and comfort level with technology. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet t come across anything that I do not like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

During COVID-19 I'm able to get content to parents at home so they can continue to play a huge role in the spiritual growth of their child. Also, our Preschool Large Group room {where they worship and hear the Bible story} is not big enough for a tech booth to run the experience. Playlister fixes that issue since all you need to run it is an Apple Tv and a small remote. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Host at Whiners Fat Guys and Wives
Health, Wellness and Fitness
What do you like best?

Easy to use and set up from the start! Very convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much that I dislike, other than why did I wait so long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool, step out of your comfort zone and experience the difference it can make. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The fact we aren't meeting in person and can easily reach our families. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Playlister is laid out well and extremely easy for a "non-techy" person (me!) to use. When I did have a question, Chris answered within minutes! Great customer service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I want to move files between folders. I was told they are working on that. It's really not a huge deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can offer a professional, personalized video using Playlister. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of the platform and the ability to upload almost any sort of content to be shown at various locations to many people at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the forced religious narrative. I believe this platform can be used for various different purposes, and not just religious content, which they focus on heavily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out and see if it works for you. I think you’ll soon realize the ease and convenience of the platform is very beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Playlister, I am able to easily schedule content for presentations. I no longer have to worry about saving items to flash drives or keeping my own device with me to present content I have created. Because Playlister is cloud-based, I can access my content from anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Children's Ministry
What do you like best?

Playlister saves me hours of downloading time through their integration with Orange curriculum. It is an easy drag and drop interface that can have presentations ready to go in minutes. Also the Apple TV device is plug and play and since the content is stored on the device I never have to worry about slow streaming or lack of internet on Sundays. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes so far! I am pleased with everything about this service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem playlister solves for us is time - With the Orange curriculum integration it is so much easier to build my presentations - It also saves stress because of its reliability - no more stressing about slow streaming! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use and connects to our ORANGE account seamlessly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We love it and it works great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Training required for ProPresenter, setting up a ProPresenter presentation at multiple sites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

This tool is very easy to use and it allows personalization - so my kids know its still me - their kids pastor! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it can take time to download the videos - but it's really not a huge hindrance. I am unable to upload my online video - but I am able to upload it from my computer, (so its really two uploads for one video for me.) But still, loving the tools! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I haven't had any real problems with Playlister yet! I LOVE being able to put my face, video in along with the usual video curriculum to reach our students! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Children's Elementary Program Director
What do you like best?

I love that Playlister allows us to push our content out to some many different places. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hope Playlister will integrate with other apps like Spotify in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try Playlister out, you will not be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I now longer have to have 15-20 jump drives to replace every week. If I have to make a change I simply make the change on the app and it syncs to Playlister on each the Apple TV's I specify. It also allows me to keep my volunteer classrooms on the same schedule by starting a countdown in each the classrooms letting them know to begin the lesson. It has freed me up to do other things I haven't had time to do before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Central Kids Pastor
What do you like best?

Playlister has empowered our service team and teachers to be in control of what's happening inside the classroom. Rather than relying on a centralized computer system to simultaneously play the lessons, Teachers now have the freedom to move at their own pace. It has also empowered our curriculum team to be more hands-on with our serve team and kiddos rather than making sure computers are functioning properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's isn't much to dislike at this point. There is a very small learning curve with learning how use to the Apple TV remote. We found most of our team got it after 5-10 minutes, some of our more seasoned serve team found our teen leaders very helpful with any questions they had. ;-) We did have an issue with one of our older projectors not reading the 1080p, still working on that. However, our newer projectors didn't have an issue at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It took some convincing to our Finance and Leadership teams to agree to the expense. However, it solved a MAJOR issue we were having with outdated computers. Playlister was easier/cheaper than updating several computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our teachers are empowered to move through the service at a pace that is comfortable for them and the kiddos they have. That's been a huge win that we weren't expecting, as we hadn't had any negative feedback about the old system. I think it falls under the "we didn't know there was a better way". Our kids' ministry staff team have saved HOURS by not having to build ProPresenter files or working as closely with our tech team. They now have a way to get exactly what they need to each classroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Ability to provide an easy system to display and present information for my volunteers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very little that I dislike. There are three things that I would like to see:

(1) Presenter Mode

(2) Unlocked access of the Apple TV so I can utilize different apps

(3) A clear cache button on the playlists to clear the playlist with one button Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do you want something that will make your life along with your volunteers lives easier? Use Playlister - we have three different Platforms for our building. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problem solved: Ability to add/edit information immediately and away from the device.

Benefits: Time management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

It is so easy to use any volunteer can operate it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to have a product that anyone is capable of operating, this is it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has saved me hours of time every week. It is so simple to create the way the playlist runs if a teacher wants something in a different order it only takes a second to change it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Pastor
What do you like best?

How can there be a best when it comes to this program? I like everything that Playlister offers. Being in a building where we do not have the option of running wires across the campus, or opening walls to see if we can get wires to our screens, Playlister comes in and solves this problem that could possibly put in in a situation where it will take more time and money than expected.

There is no need to run cables when Playlister can run off the network.

There is no need to be having a meeting or follow up with calls when all you have to do is check the site to see if the screens have been uploaded for the upcoming event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At his point, I have not found a way for Playlister to automatically switch from one folder to another. We have multiple services in different languages. It would be nice if Playlister automatically played a setlist according to the date and time reference.

All our information screen images are duplicated in different languages, so It would be nice if we can "set it and forget it". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are saving time and money by not opening walls to run cables to our screens. We are able to get information across to all our guests in areas where prior to Playlister, we could not run cables in those certain areas of the building. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Northview Kids Pastor
What do you like best?

Playlister makes it so easy for us to distribute our content to all of our campuses, which allows us to display out content with ease. Since we are a Multi-site church, it can be challenging to find a quick and efficient way for us to distribute content to all of our locatiions. But Playlister has made that so simple, while providing a user interface that is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We do have to create a ton of playlists in order for us to show all of our content the way that we want. We show some of the same content multiple times throughout any given month, which forces us to have to create a separate playlist just to switch out one item. This can become tedious and cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it what you want. Take the time to build it out and organize it on the front end. It will save you an immense amount of time later on and will make your life easier in the long run. Organization is key, so make sure you go into it with a plan of how to organize and display your content before uploading all your content and displaying it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Playlister has solved a cost issue for us, allowing us to spend less money at each location to show all of the same content. As well, it has allowed us to distribute our content quickly and easily. With Playlister, all we have to do is upload out content to the site, and it is automatically distributed to the Playlister App on our AppleTVs at each of our locations. This saves lots of time and money. We have also realized that this has become much easier for our volunteers to use than our old system. THis was an unintended bonus, and we are very glad for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use and online setup available to unit and tv almost immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Is setup for playlistr only. Would like to have access to other apps so a change of source/device and extra network & and cables isn’t needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not having to create jumpdrives for teachers to show videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kid's Director/Pastor
What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of Playlister and I absolutely love the customer service. The guys at Playlister are top notch and work tirelessly to make sure everything is working smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If running off of wifi, it may take a little time to set up, but knowing that ahead of time, Playlister support will work with you to get it going. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! This product is Great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to sync all my classroom TV's and create playlists for programming with simple upload from one computer. My teachers can advance slide, or I have two options: 1) put each slide/video on a timer or 2) advance all classrooms from my computer so the teachers never have to worry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

The best things about using Playlister are:

- the amount of time it saves our staff to prepare the curriculum weekly / monthly

- the ease of use

- the cloud base technology Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Orange curriculum is organized in an alphabetical order. Our dislike is with the inability to search directly for specific material rather than having to scroll through it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's an absolute time-saver; very user-friendly (ease of use) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cardinal of Technology
What do you like best?

1. The company listens heavily to user input. 2. Offline caching of content 3. Ease of use for production/classroom side and classroom side of use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Saying the company name 6 times fast becomes annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test it out and you won't be dissapointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kids and Group content is delivered on time and ready without issue. This has solved so many support calls on already busy days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Production
What do you like best?

Cost effective, easy to deploy, easy to use, sustainable solution for deploying media remotely to small presentation spaces/classrooms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Requires ethernet connection for downloading content unless configured by Playlister. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We struggle to deploy media to multiple classrooms in multiple facilities. DVDs are time-consuming and slow to distribute and computers are expensive and underutilized. Playlister allows us to distribute media remotely while still giving the control of displaying the media to the user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Playlister?