Planview LeanKit Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

The user interface is very flexible and powerful and also easy to use at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't know if there's a way to plot a chart of the tasks and their dependencies and estimated time. I think I could use that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using it in a software development project and it helps me communicate with my team and boss. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planview LeanKit Overview

What is Planview LeanKit?

Optimize your business flow to deliver more value with Planview LeanKit™ Enterprise Kanban software Planview LeanKit™ enables engineering teams across all levels of the organization with a visual work delivery tool to apply Lean management principles to their work, helping them work smarter and deliver faster. What you get with Planview LeanKit™: -Unlimited boards -Flexible layout -Board template Library -Collaboration tools -Lane policies & WIP limits -Task breakdown -Filtered work views -Lean metrics & reports -Access to LeanKit API To learn more, please visit: https://www.planview.com/products-solutions/products/leankit/

Planview LeanKit Details

Planview LeanKit enables engineering teams across all levels of the organization with a visual work delivery tool to apply lean management principles to their work, helping them work smarter and deliver faster.

Enterprise Kanban for Engineers
LeanKit enables engineering teams to tame the chaos and work smarter.

See the Big Picture
Gain at-a-glance visibility for the entire organization, bringing clarity, alignment, and focus on business objectives to engineers and the teams they interact with.

Drive Agility Across Teams
Share a consolidated view of work priority and project status – whether in the same room or distributed across the globe – to enable teams to manage their speed of delivery.

Integrate Critical Applications
Integrate with existing enterprise applications to keep information flowing between teams and accelerate delivery across the entire value stream.

Improve Continuously
Use powerful reporting and analytics to help you identify opportunities for continuous improvement. Every action is recorded to provide the context and insight needed to evolve along the way.

Planview
1989
Austin, TX
@Planview
Description

Planview is a global leader in portfolio management and project collaboration. From small teams to large enterprises, leaders in every industry rely on the company’s cloud solutions to empower organizations to reach their goals and drive results by optimizing the capacity of their people and financial resources.

Planview LeanKit Screenshots

Planview LeanKit Reviews

Showing 322 Planview LeanKit reviews
Already have Planview LeanKit?
Social Media Manager
What do you like best?

Planview LeanKit is a platform that is as flexible as it is customizable. Within our organization it is used to work on small and large projects in an orderly fashion and has been effective in keeping our productivity up. Planview is not at all complicated to use or understand, it is quite intuitive and navigable. On top of that, it has a top-notch customer support team that is always responsive and timely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This could be the lack of documents and training material to integrate new users, which I think should be provided taking into account the learning curve that this tool has. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Totally recommended. It is a highly flexible, customizable and robust platform in terms of integrated features that, on top of that, has an excellent technical support team trained to provide solutions whenever the need arises. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planview LeanKit has been very beneficial to our organization. I have seen a significant improvement in the performance of each team in terms of project development. It is used to plan projects, manage tasks and keep team members synchronized at every stage of the projects. Planview has optimized our workflows and helped us keep our productivity high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like that my team and I can quickly sort and organize and filter so we can see just what we want to see on our boards! We can get super granular in the cards themselves so we can store all extra information in there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's no great way to see a timeline across deadlines/dates. Our team (training) is a mix of agile + standard project management, so it can be challenging for us to see when we have overlapping deadlines across various projects + trainings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had no great way - as a team - for us to see what everyone else was working on and how it impacted our own individual work. It was easier when we were all in-office to write it on a white board, but that's just not possible when you're virtual! This has essentially taken the place of our whiteboards! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Planview is a completely satisfactory platform for working on large projects, the service stands out for being highly customizable, completely flexible, high stability and great innovation, at a personal and professional level I trust this service a lot because in my company its operation has been highly efficient for everyone, it has allowed us to make great changes that have been favorable to work with high productivity. The tool is very easy to use, it has a highly trained support team to quickly assist users, planview is a highly efficient tool by which we evaluate it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reports provided by the platform do not provide clear information and it is quite confusing to understand the information due to the little data provided by the system, the function of importing and exporting data often presents a variety of errors and often its operation is slow which hinders us to complete our work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can emphasize that the operation of planview is very good and productive to use in any organization, the system is very easy to use, high customization and easy to integrate to be used by inexperienced people, I can really recommend this service with high guarantee, because I know that I am sure that planview is a good tool and will represent very well to users who operate it in their daily work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our company we implemented planview in order to optimize the work of our engineers, we were able to obtain quite favorable results, because now we can work in a planned, versatile, with more performance and we can always keep control of all our work. The system has allowed us to simplify all our work, we have been able to make good progress and we are now very satisfied with planview. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Planview LeanKit
G2
What do you like best?

Organize your company's functionality by working with planview leankit's multi-platform access software integrations, a business engagement regulatory work approach enhancer, in which its features have the power to manage the trajectory of your work's execution, forming a thriving level of task perfection, in which your corporation will be able to deliver bearable management with training inclusions of excellent organizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its analytical reasoning of implementation of work methodologies, is interrupted when the guidelines of intelligent execution of regulations of possibility of business failures, limit the analysis of rational flow of interpretative sequences of agile knowledge, where it is not possible to plan adequately the objectives of the organization and it is not possible to obtain a follow-up of its applied development, diminishing security to its identification of failures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In an orderly way you can have the most feasible knowledge and visibility for your company, guiding in a reasonable way your processes of integration of firm columns of business work, in which the corporation can manage to maintain a circulatory flow of information between teams, accelerating the delivery of jobs easier and more profitable, being the tool shaper integrated by planned codifications of variable execution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I visually managed the work of my organization, formulating a quantity of tasks, no matter how difficult they were, categorizing personalized management of representation of business progress, thanks to the activation of supports of inclusion of administrative tools of monitoring and operational safeguard, molding connections of work between teams, to allow my company, to have higher levels of control of processes of corporate functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Planview leankit is a platform born to help engineers to optimize their work, the service is perfect to work in a more intelligent and productive way. The software makes it easier for users to work, allowing them to work in a planned and synchronised way with team members. The service has the advantage of being highly customizable, has quite robust reports, support team provides very fast and satisfactory attention, planview leankit is a tool quite favorable to work, is very complete and provides a great experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Planview leankit has a data function system that is quite limited to work, its interface being so wide has a small learning curve for beginners who are integrated to work with the service, so I consider necessary to see more documentation for beginners to integrate easily to the operation of the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Planview leankit is a service of which I can speak favorably enough by its impeccable operation, I recommend it by its high strength, high adaptability and high quality of service it offers, the service for beginners has a small learning curve by how complete is its system, but in a very short time people can adapt to its operation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planview leankit is a platform that has been indispensable for the administration of large business projects, the service favors us because it allows us to work with great control of all operations that we execute, it allows us to work in a synchronized and planned way with the members of our team, the reports provided by the service allows us to know perfectly the advances that we execute. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning & Development Specialist
What do you like best?

I am part of a learning and development team and LeanKit is a great way to track various projects and tasks! I really like that you can save a card type and it can act as a template so it only needs to be duplicated for future use(s). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For how we use it, I wish there was a better way to show cards that are assigned to two or more people. For example, it would sort of be neat if the card would appear in both assigned individuals' lanes, but yet not be a duplicate that would need to be updated separably. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's really helped us become more organized as a team and aware what others are working on. Nice and streamlined! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to fully customize boards makes this software unique. The data analytics are great as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I always seem to have trouble logging into the app on my phone. Ever since planview took over, the Leankit app doesn't really work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to keep on top of my work load, keep track of tasks and prioritize quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ASESOR TECNICO
What do you like best?

LeanKit has a very harmonic design, in addition to being very well designed interface is very friendly so it is very easy to use, I love that allows a hosting under the nomenclature: "your company "leanKit.com, by creating your business account and then you can customize the templates or create your own according to your requirement and is easy to administer through the methodology of cards, additionally covers many areas associated with project management processes such as: project planning, task management, creation of roadmaps, in addition to emphasize the collaboration of the team, prioritizing the assignment of activities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have them develop a mobile application as well as improve the flexibility of the software when adding subcategories and secondary tasks as well as integration with other programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very simple but functional work tool, in addition to having a very affordable price I recommend it, since its implementation we have obtained very good results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Undoubtedly facilitated the fulfillment of daily assignments, with the implementation of this tool we have improved the performance of our team in terms of design, planning and implementation of projects, is a new and simple but effective work methodology, also increased levels of communication between members of our team, as well as the performance both personal and joint, so this program is the main focus of our activities and achieve a better development of our business, optimizing response times to our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

How easy it is to use the product and keep the shop organized Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this point during the use of the product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Job priorities and tracking metrics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Success Advisor
What do you like best?

I like how easy and fun it is to move cards to done and track your progress on projects that deliver value to users. You can create cards quickly, fill in more details, classify them according to type of work/value, assign them to one or more team members, get notifications on progress, attach files for reference, and much more. It's a simple, clean design but powerful underneath. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The hyperlinks in card comments do not look like hyperlinks until you hover over them, and URLs are not automatically rendered as clickable links. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn about Lean/Agile first and make sure your whole team understands the lean concepts of sequencing, focusing on chunks of value rather than focusing on chunks of work, etc. The ideas have to be there for the tool to make any sense. However, if you are already striving to be a lean/agile team, use LeanKit! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used to struggle to prioritize tasks and keep track of the goal (rather than just the work). Now, my teammates and I have a weekly Monday planning meeting where we queue up the cards we are going to work on this week and coordinate our goals, and a weekly Friday meeting to celebrate the cards we moved to DONE. We discuss what we should be doing, how it creates value for our customers, and what should be prioritized over what.

I used to just check off tasks in whatever order I thought best, but now the team works together to create value. It sounds like a subtle shift, but it has made a world of difference in my department and beyond. Leankit has facilitated that. Cards on a customizable board, quite simply, work better to get things finished and keep the right mindset than tasks on a checklist. It's simple, powerful, almost magical.

Notes:

1) There are probably many wrong ways of using LeanKit that wouldn't generate these results. It's the Lean/Agile methodology that really makes the difference, but Leankit makes it much easier to stay lean/agile in your daily work.

2) Full disclosure: I happen to be closely related to a Planview LeanKit employee, but I do actually use LeanKit for work on a daily basis and have noticed an enormous difference since starting to use it. The opinions in this review are still my honest opinions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how sleek the design is. Everything is easy to find on the project, and easily categorized. We use LeanKit for developers during our releases to keep track of their tasks, and for our services team to assign deployments. It is easy to use for both use cases and easy for our team to keep track of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We use LeanKit by putting 'Card Type' as the person who is assigned to a given card, and any helpers are added as 'Assigned Users'. This can get confusing because we wish that we could terminology change the 'Card Type' to 'Assigned Users' and 'Assigned Users' to 'Additional Users' or 'Helpers' or something else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely use LeanKit! We love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use LeanKit for release cards when we push out software releases, as well as assigning projects to our users. It makes it very easy for our users to know who is assigned to what subjects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Personally I like the idea of having a consolidated status view , which provides the persons from management a holistic view of the entire deliverables and we could rapidly integrate the same in our opportunities and risk areas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Even though the experience is very good, however, there is always a scope for improvement. Some more documentation and hierarchy could be made, to further enhance its utilization at different levels of organization and thus achieve a more collaborative and agile way of working while using the leankit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like to strongly recommend the usage of Leankit by Planview for managing the projects and business deliveries in more agile and scrum format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My core area is program management, which means I have to track a lot of different projects, which are working at different levels. The Leankit provides me an opportunity to integrate the outcomes and life cycles of all my projects in a single board of Leankit and thus getting timely update from a single view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing about it and how our department uses LeanKit is more like a to-do list. When cards are created and added to our boards we have a visual representation of what needs to be done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The major dislike (and honestly, why our department doesn't care to use it) is because LeanKit doesn't have enough granularity with its filters; or I should say, the option to save filters. Our entire department is made up of smaller sub-departments, and each of these have a lead engineer/manager. We have multiple boards to sift through. Not being able to save filters makes traversing boards and cards cumbersome...to the point where it's not worth messing with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If LeanKit can update the ability to save filters, I believe our department would use this tool far more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For myself, I primarily use LeanKit to be a visual to-do list. This helps me not forget tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to use for everybody. The interface is also very clean and nice to look at. It is useful for management and regular users. It gives many options to build your board as you like it. I think it is an easier tool than Jira for example. For people who are new in Agile way of working it is a good starter. It is good that to one card many assigners can be assign and it is easy to change it very fast. It is also an advantage the ability to create several boards on one page, which is good when you have different subprojects and there is no need in swapping from one page to another. It is very convenient I would even say. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The settings are not so developed and it is a pity that once you create a card on your board there is no option to delete it. It can only be put to Archive and this way the board can be easily messed by card which are not in use anymore and are not needed. Maybe there is this option to delete, however, I couldn't find it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is good option to Jira. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We create some kind of a Kanban Board in LeanKit. It helps us managing our tasks in everyday work. It is also a really good for our Project Manager to see how the project flow is going. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The operation is easy. The overview is clear. Communication with other participants works very well. You can use the tool across departments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One would have to have more individual influence on the tool. An idea would be a kind of "open source" application in which the user can independently change operations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I had shortlisted LeanKit before 2012 after getting a quick overview of the different tools. I also liked Trello very much, but LeanKit spoke to me immediately. I think it was mainly the possibility to hide backlog and archive and the design possibilities at the lanes, which had done to me. True to the motto "Try it" is about studying so I put my new LeanKit board into operation at the end of April. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The department can be organized. The department can also be displayed transparently. Projects can be started and transferred to other areas of the company. The possibility to divide horizontally Lanes, I find very helpful. It opens up a wide variety of possibilities in the design of the board and has an extremely positive effect on the clarity! A feature that I definitely do not want to miss anymore!

When it comes to customizing the board structure, I was very pleasantly surprised how good it works on the iPad via the webapp. Only the "Card Styles" can not be adjusted here. The iOS app does not offer this functionality either, but that does not bother you, because you do not always make these adjustments.

The only drawback with the iOS app: The editing works only with Internet connection, which makes it sometimes difficult to use travel times for planning! PRO: WIP limits, design options and notifications make the tool very appealing to me.

iOS App and Webapp are very comfortable to use.

Changes can be made quickly, so no idea is lost.

CON: I would like to be able to use IFTTT because I do not want to spend the cost of Zapier for private purposes.

Regular tasks can not be mastered either.

Both would not be a problem if you could create maps by email. This is the biggest drawback in my opinion! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like the ease with which I can work and move projects without any difficulty. Each card in Leankit KANBAN board has all the information that is required and it also has block option which helps me analyse which project was stuck in which lane and what was the reason for the same. This tool helps me in my day to day work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some updates that is made which the user will not be made aware of. The user experience changes when you login to the board the next day. This will make the user wonder what changed and how to adopt to the change drastically. Any new updates that is made can be notified to the user (via mail) which will help the user to adopt to the upgrades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We build Servers based on the application and requirement given by the application teams. We have created different lanes on the KANBAN board and cards are created with respective information. As the server build progresses we move the respective card created to respective lane and block the cards when there are roadblocks while building the server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

KBE Engineer
Automotive
What do you like best?

Being able to manage different types of tasks through cards and boards. Adding comments and being able to upload documents for a card is another great functionality provided by LeanKit. The support to define child cards along with being able to see the history of a card is an added advantage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to mark a card as duplicate as in if two cards have been created for the same purpose there should be a straightforward way to mark a card as duplicate for the other card. Also i found that finding a card which has been archived using its name is quite difficult. There should be some search mechanism which could help in easing this up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product to support Agile Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leankit supports in working with the Agile process. Individuals can see and manage their tasks in a better way. It benefits the scrum master in an Agile process to seamlessly create and assign tasks to team members along with assigning a priority to the task and also due dates. Being able to maintain cards as per the Parent cards is another better way to of managing tasks which are related or tasks which fall under the same category. Another great feature would be being able to block a card until another card has been implemented, which really helps to provide greater clarity in understanding the workflow. Maintaining tags for cards is another great functionality to manage related tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use. There are so many features, but they make it intuitive and easy to stay on track and share information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I don't like! There are some ways that my team members use it that can be frustrating at times, but that isn't the product's fault. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! It has many features that are super useful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it for project management. We have departments all over the company that are sending us projects and we have to collaborate with many team members that reside all over the place. We meet every other week to discus projects and LeanKit is basically our agenda. We go over each card, its status, issues, etc. We have found that the attachment abilities allow file sharing for those without vpn, historical information is easy to access, and everyone can instantly know where their projects are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Experience Manager
Computer Games
What do you like best?

Having multiple columns to organise the team around types of tasks or projects is beneficial. There are multi-coloured cards (where the tasks go) and tasks available. I like that the tasks you place inside cards can hold a lot of information and can have additional comments, photos and information on them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You are unable to delete tasks (inside cards). If something is incorrect it has to be moved to an "incorrect" or "done" area or labelled incorrect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We find this particularly useful four our QA and Support team to identify and resolve bugs in the game through an initial vetting process. Bugs can be placed by support as tasks, and comments can be added to those as we learn more about the issue or discover further incidents. The bug, if reproduced, can be then changed to a different colour, moved to a different section of the card or taken into JIRA or Sifter. We also use Leankit for organising around projects such as rewriting articles on our help center. Sections of the help center to be redone can have individual cards and then tasks for each article can be placed inside. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's very easy to customize the boards to create a unique process for each project. The UI is very intuitive and easy to understand. We often have users outside of the development team come in and use the tool and they are able to understand it right away. This was not the same for other tools that we tried. The cards themselves have a lot of valuable information that can be easily entered and read. The stats and reporting is very valuable too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish searching individual boards was a slightly easier. For large projects, it can sometimes be hard to know where a card is located currently. Better search functionality would help out in these situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps keep track of large projects easily and easily see how close a project is to finishing. Leankit is a source of truth for all information related to projects we are currently working on our projects we would like to take on in the future Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the history tab. Being able to hold people accountable for what they did and when they did it has been great for us. No more "I put the paper on his desk yesterday" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I miss the calendar view. Rather than making it better, it got scrapped. I wish there were more emphasis on due dates and updating dates on older cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Leankit works best if its your sole source for information within your company. Use it 100% and its great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We eliminated a lot of printed paper and have organized our office activities much better. Its added a lot of oversight and shows us our bottlenecks in different departments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that leankit is like having posttest on my screen as it clears up a lot of my desk space, so now I have a very tidy clean desk. I also like that I get to assign task to my colleagues to make them work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really do not like that I can not move the window that opens up a card to link it to a child or parent card, cause I forget what I need to link it to and can move the window to see the other cards behind for their name. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use leankit to keep your workers in check and their task on time and ensure to save the trees so we can all breath in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the deforestation of the brazilin rainforest by me not having to purchase and use so many posttest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.