Pinterest Reviews & Product Details

UD
(Myself Only)

"Awesome product for work or home!"

What do you like best?

The quality I like best about Pinterest is the ability to combine all of my interests and work into one creative platform. From my wedding to boards for clients, the vast array of inspiration and ability to store ideas is awesome. I love that I can have everything together and hide whatever boards that I do not want public.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about interest is my feed. I wish that there was a way to cater it more to my interests and likes. I feel like it is not quite up to par with Instagram in that way. I am not on there enough to want to follow people and the board suggestions that I receive are not my favorite.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pinterest is an awesome and fun tool! I would highly recommend it for anyone. It has become such a large tool for inspiration, answers and fun.

Pinterest helps with organizing ideas and clients for business. As an Interior Designer it is an awesome tool to separate concepts. I can separate my at home interests and work as well as hide things that I do not want clients or friends to see. It is also a great way to find inspiration!

What is Pinterest?

A content sharing service that allows members to "pin" images, videos and other objects to their pinboard.

Pinterest Screenshots

1-25 of 119 total Pinterest reviews

Pinterest Reviews

1-25 of 119 total Pinterest reviews
Administrador

"The perfect source of inspiration"

What do you like best?

This application is one of the best platforms that exists in which you can see and share all kinds of visual content of your choice, be it images, videos and any type of material that is as I said of visual characteristics. You can use all these images as a source of inspiration for many of your works depending on what your hobbies or professional work can be very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Pinterest is an application that is characterized by the very high quality of its photographs and this is one of the things that makes the application so great but it is also a point that generates many limitations for many of its users since its necessary high resolution It can generate a lot of effort for any of these.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pinterest is a great platform to get much visual content that will help you create many things, more if you are in the field of design of any kind this platform will serve as the basis for many of your creations thanks to inspiration so you must use it and discover its content

In pinterest I found a place that serves me as a great source of entertainment in my free time I spend great moments enjoying the quality of images that this platform offers me that also serves as a great source of inspiration to think designs that can be made for the benefit of the company, as well as any image that I need or like for anything in general.

Operations Specialist (Settlements)
Financial Services
(Myself Only)

"Love Pinterest for school"

What do you like best?

I recently returned to school full time for nursing and I was not expecting to find that Pinterest would be my best source of ideas for studying. I'm a visual learner and although I do find with memorization, I found that pictures to further break information down makes the terms stick better. I have used Pinterest for many years for fun but I was pleasantly surprised when looking for information to help me study and Pinterest had so much.

What do you dislike?

I've found Pinterest is more geared towards a specific group of women, I feel they may need to branch out to draw in new crowds of people. I dislike the inability to find things through Pinterest, I know this isn't the platforms issue but I've found many times I've clicked on links and they bring me to a dead site. It's hard to find something on there you like and then can't get to the source of the product or information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pinterest has a lot more than meets the eye, I often suggest people look on here for something you would never expect to find. I've found that over the years there is more information than people realize on Pinterest, especially if it's not something you would think you'd typically find on here.

Pinterest has let me connect with those who are slightly more creative than I, which has helped in terms bettering my nursing notes. Seeing information from someone else's perspective with a fun spin has helped my studying improve and I'm excited to see what else I find. This has allowed me to improve in my studying in ways I didn't know I could!

Personal Docente
(10,001+ employees)

"Pinterest a place to share."

What do you like best?

Pinterest is one of the largest visual social networks, in which it is possible to share images, videos, infographics and all types of contents that are predominantly visual. In addition, most users who have an online project or are thinking of creating it use it as a library of ideas.

Its format allows you to organize, archive and share your "pins" (publications) by themes, interests or hobbies, among other options.

What do you dislike?

From the area of ​​my work, such as education, I do not find any disadvantages in this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are many ways to integrate the functionalities of Pinterest in the classroom, and many teachers discover different uses every day to promote learning in our classes. That is why I recommend 100% use, as one of the main advantages of Pinterest is its ability to save links to resources and organize them by topic in a very easy and accessible for teachers and students. Also, the dynamics of the boards offers a very effective way to interact and collaborate with other teachers. You can share ideas, resources, videos, news, infographics and images and reach them with much quicker and simpler searches.

This social network allows the user to share, save and classify images in different boards or thematic collections. Its visual and attractive character and its ease of use make it a useful tool to apply for teaching purposes. That is why I will describe some of its didactic purposes from my experience:

You can find thousands of proposals, resources and educational activities for all levels and subjects.

By creating panels or thematic collections of images, you can classify the contents comfortably and access them when you need them.

Pinterest allows you to share your boards and pins with other users. So, for example, you can work on projects with other teachers or exchange useful ideas for class and educational information with them.

Analyst
(10,001+ employees)

"Pinterest - Best Social Network"

What do you like best?

Pinterest is the most popular image-sharing platform. It is very easy to use, share and pin. The account is highly customizable and meets the needs of the users. It also provides an insight into what the popular trend is and tons of data. The best part is the image sharing feature. As everything is in the form of an image, it becomes easier to relate to. Furthermore, a user can view any image that is pinned anywhere on the network.

What do you dislike?

Pinterest audience is very selective and as such very limited. As such, the posts on Pinterest are only suited for a narrow audience instead of everybody as in the case of Facebook and Instagram. An image is required to submit a post. Additionally, Pinterest requires very high quality and high-resolution images in a portrait format which takes a lot of time and investment from a user's end.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Pinterest to anyone who wants to discover and explore new ideas for projects. It helps a person identify what one loves. Pinterest allows a person to store, post and share images to make everything available in a convenient and visual manner.

Pinterest helps to connect and share. As everything is in the form of images, it becomes easier to connect. Additionally, it helps to discover things a person loves and motivates them to achieve them in life. The Pinterest wall is a collection of ideas and thoughts which help to discover new and innovative ideas.

Fotógrafo profesional
(Myself Only)

"An infinite source of images."

What do you like best?

With just peek on Pinterest, hundreds of images rain down on you, each unique, from a unique artist, and with a unique style, each expressing different sensations. Pinteres not only serves to find one that another image of your convenience, you also find tips for home or beauty (in images / tutorials) etc. and more importantly, inspiration, by looking more specifically for images or photographs, you can find several artists with great and inspiring publications, in addition to FanArts graphic design quite creative, it is really great that you have created a complete network to the images. The most incredible thing is that when I think it's enough, there's always a new image that I feel I must have, and then another, and I continue to. It is most favorable.

What do you dislike?

Impossible, it is simply PERFECT. There is nothing bad that can be said of this web / app is simply great, in it you can do everything, everything in which images come, Pinterest offers. It's fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great, any image, literally ANY image that you think you need, I assure you that Pinterest has it and, in addition, it offers you hundreds of images more, that will be the same or more great than the one you were looking for, but never less.

Pinterest, is for me a source of inspiration. In addition to representing an entertainment network. Any image you need, for anything, of any kind and at any time, Pinterest offers it to me. It's huge help.

Design Consultant

"A wonderful website to give and receive design inspiration"

What do you like best?

The enormous amount of photos and other types of images on Pinterest make it an excellent source for design inspiration. We can access images by keywords so we can get right to our interests rather quickly. I like that users can create boards that are geared towards specific themes. I can check out a board that is closely related to design ideas I may already have and work out different design plans with immediate visual references packed close to each other.

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to log in every time I want to browse Pinterest. I want to be able to just load the website and perform searches without restriction. I can do this on other social media websites like Twitter, so I wonder why Pinterest can't do the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pinterest is one of the main websites of its kind, so if you're in the design field, it's definitely worth it to browser through once in a while. You should explore the various ways of finding content your interested in so you don't necessarily have to perform manual searches all of the time.

I personally use Pinterest to browse different boards and search for design inspiration. I can also post my portfolio and give people an idea of where my head is at for upcoming designs. I've been able to find like-minded individuals in and out of my field that I can communicate with to further expand our knowledge and understanding of how to conceive new design ideas or find sources of inspiration.

"A great resource for brainstorming and research"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see lots of photos about a specific topic at once in a large grid. There is very little wasted space on the Pinterest website. They do a good job of presenting an engaging layout and user interface that allows us to browse and view content very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Finding the right content and getting it all in one page can be a challenge. There is so much content on Pinterest that you're likely to bring up lots of material that is irrelevant or uninteresting to you. It can take some time to get a feel for keywords that work best for your search.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pinterest is definitely worth signing up for if you're in the creative or research field. An account will allow you to bypass restrictions set on non-account users.

Pinterest has been a excellent platform to help come up with ideas and get a quick picture of subject matter you're researching. Compared to other image platforms, like Google images, Pinterest allows for more extensive and customized image descriptions that help with research.

Entrepreneur
Writing and Editing
(Myself Only)

"Perfect Place For Creative Space"

What do you like best?

Pinterest is amazing because it inspires me on so many levels, and it helps me in the creative realm. As a writer, everything inspires me! Photos, music, text, art, food... It all has an affect. So Pinterest is the perfect place for me to find exactly what I need whenever I need it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the newest update where the app/site predicts where you will want to pin something, based on the content of your other boards. I like to organize things, so I'm a little picky about where certain pins go. I've accidentally pinned things to the wrong boards because of this newer feature, so it gets a little annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely join group boards on Pinterest to make friends & get feedback on new ideas! I joined group boards to help with my writing & it did wonders.

It helps me to stay organized, creative, inspired, and excited! If I ever feel uncreative or feel myself lacking inspiration, I simply open the app or the cite & let everything flow naturally.

Diseñador de arquitectura

"It is the place where you can share photos, videos and everything you find on the Internet."

What do you like best?

I like it a lot because it gives me a complete information about a specific topic and in the same way I can interact with other users who want to share this information. With just one click I can go "pinning" images organized by boards; And follow in a fast way images that interest me, follow thematic and share it with my contacts. It contains a huge variety of information which helps me explore new things, ideas and projects.

What do you dislike?

Well basically the only thing I do not like is to register in this social network, you have to be invited and usually the invitation takes time to arrive. The rest is great and very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I invite you to uniter pinterest and I encourage you to follow the people you are interested in interacting with (friends, clients, professional colleagues). At first I know it seems complicated by its difference to other social networks but it is a very simple and intuitive application that does not require much knowledge to use it. Great to motivate your daily learning.

It gives me the benefit of keeping up to date on designs, projects, ideas, etc; More than everything I use for that in question of work. Personally, it contributes to my knowledge, expands my creativity and expands my network of friends. It's great to meet people with whom you have common tastes.

Account Manager

"A highly visual social space I like to go to for ideas and inspiration"

What do you like best?

The grid and block nature of the Pinterest layout is pleasing to me. It makes things easy to browse and helps to make things fit nicely in my computer screen or mobile phone. Pinterest doesn't overload its users with tons of options and tabs like many other social media websites do. It sticks primarily to the visual image clusters and not much more beyond that. The tagging and keywords make finding the boards I'm interested in very easy. There are excellent organizational and navigational features that make finding and storing boards super simple and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I think if there were more graphical search features like those that exist on Google, it would make things easier for users to find images or related images on Pinterest. Also, I would like to be able to download images in a more straightforward kind of way so that I can use the images for local designs on my computer or to print out for physical inspiration boards. I'd like to be able to save the original images immediately rather than grabbing screenshots of them and then cutting them with an editing application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would try Pinterest by actually signing up since you don't get many features by just browsing boards and images. You'll eventually get locked out if you don't have an account. I would also recommend adding Pinterest buttons to your website so that people can consider pinning your items in their Pinterest account.

By using Pinterest, I'm able to get a broad array of visual sources for business, design and marketing inspiration. When I'm short on time, which is often, I'm able to use Pinterest to absorb many of the latest trends in all sorts of fields that are part of or related to my industry. When it comes to collaborating internally and externally, I can create boards specifically for my company team or for clients to allow them to choose a direction we may go with campaigns.

"Perfect app for creativity and ideas"

What do you like best?

I like pinterest because it's a place to get various ideas on various topics. I go here for cooking recipes because I can trust that if someone pinned it and others liked it, it really must be good. I also use this app as a place for inspiration for clothing and beauty styles; any time I want to revamp my wardrobe, or my hair or need advice on beauty brands, I go here first.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the ads on Pinterest, they are distracting. I go on Pinterest because I want to see what other people like and genuinely want to share about, so I don't like how I'm being marketed to while I look through pins.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Pinterest most for anyone needing inspiration for cooking, home design, style and fashion. Lots of people share great ideas and you will always find at least one idea worth trying yourself.

Pinterest has benefited my life in lots of aspects; I find it easier to choose and plan for meals , I keep up with trends and fashion, and I also find it fun to try the DIY projects other people share. Pinterest is also a great platform for people to share advice and their opinions on products and services.

Sales and Marketing Manager

"An engaging and interactive content sharing platform"

What do you like best?

I like the overall simplicity of Pinterest. The layout is neat and straightforward. It can pack a sizeable amount of content on one page without feeling too cluttered. It's great that users can customize their user experience based on their tastes. It helps users track down content that is most interesting and relevant to them. For marketing purposes, it's a great place for users to find our clients' products and services, which can then lead them to inquiring more about them or sharing the information with others.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the Pinterest service is limited when users don't sign in. I feel that our content would be much easier to discover without that barrier to entry. People just sometimes don't want to deal with the hassle of signing up or signing into their account. If Pinterest could be more like Instagram, where the information is fully available publicly, then I think it would be smoother experience for users overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pinterest is probably not the most critical social media platform for businesses, but since it's very visual and tightly compact with content, it's a great place to make your content available. I would recommend reading the Pinterest instructions for making your content most compatible with their platform. That will help to optimize your experience and discovery opportunities there.

We use Pinterest as a place to show our clients' products and services and it also benefits us when people share information with their friends and followers. Making content available for Pinterest opens it up to a wide network that is searchable and highly customizable. Pinterest makes it more likely for relevant leads to find our content.

College Adviser
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Favorite website for event planning"

What do you like best?

Pinterest is extremely visually appealing! It makes researching ideas and displaying them to others a seamless process. Instead of scouring the internet for a visual representation of your perfect idea, you simply type a couple key words into the Pinterest search bar and the Pinterest user base is sure to have it. In addition to helping you make your own ideas tangible, Pinterest is a fantastic tool for thinking of new ideas/ brainstorming.

What do you dislike?

Some websites are not compatible with the "Pin it" button which makes it difficult to pin from them. This can be disappointing and frustrating; in order to go around this you can download the image and upload it but the issue with this is that it will not be a linked image for future use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try it out and see how you like the interface. Also, make sure to follow boards of people you like so that you can go onto your own timeline and get new ideas easily. Don't forget to separate your pins into boards for simplified access to your ideas.

Event planning ideas

Documentation Manager

"Pinterest: best way to collect and share bits & bobs online"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Pinterest is to use, and how easy it is to share your boards. It's such a user-friendly experience.

What do you dislike?

The only real gripe I have with Pinterest is that when you have the extension on your browser, if often ends up showing ou a button on your screen that is in the way of other things. For example, you can hover over an image and see the Add to Pinterest icon, and it can keep you from being able to close it or enter text into a box. This doesn't happen all that often, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think Pinterest is a great tool and it can be used in ways that wouldn't necessarily be obvious. For example, it can be used to build and share business ideas/resources among or between teams.

Pinterest solves the business problem of allowing easy sharing of many different kinds of images/links between people/teams.

Freelance Illustrator
Publishing

"Great way to drive traffic to your site!"

What do you like best?

It doesn't take a whole lot of effort to pin things on pinterest, and if you add social share buttons to your website your site visitors can help you out by saving pins from your site, too! Love that it's one of my biggest referral sites in analytics, second to google.

What do you dislike?

You gotta remember to pin or else it doesn't help you any. Sometimes I'll forget for a while, and then there's just so much good stuff to keep on top of. Also, the nature of any social media beast... things change and it takes a bit of work to keep up with what the most current best practices and most effective strategies are.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go through every page of your website and make sure there's images on every page. That way site visitors can save pages of your site to pinterest, which helps drive more traffic! Don't forget to utilize the new featured boards on your profile - I'm using it to call the most attention to my illustration portfolio page, which really puts my artwork front and center.

This site is a great way to get the word out about an art biz like mine - sharing images on pinterest, you can find a whole new audience that didn't know about you before!

Partner/Digitizer
Textiles

"Useful, but limited function and not intuitive"

What do you like best?

Pinterest provides the ability to "pin" pictures from other web sites or upload pictures from local media. These pictures can be placed into categories/albums for future reference and sharing with other people. Community collaboration is openly available through comments for each post.

What do you dislike?

There is no protection functionality to prevent others from stealing images stored in a user account. Along those same lines, Pinterest makes it too easy to steal other peoples work. The browser plug-in for Pinterest allows users to easily add pictures from another web site to their own profile.

The site navigation is a little difficult, along the likes of Twitter and a few other social sites that do not have intuitive interfaces. The site has gotten better over the last year, but it still could use improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As much as the Pinterest's site is simple, it lacks an intuitive interface. Patience and looking around is necessary to get to learn how to manage it. Be aware that any images that are uploaded are not protected by their interface.

When coupled with mobile apps and web site plug-ins, such as for WordPress or on tablet computers, Photographers can simplify sharing their portfolio.

Portal to the World

"Window for your designs"

What do you like best?

I love this social network, in fact it is one where you can show your designs, reach many people, set trends, there you find everything you need to contribute ideas, and take your designs around the world.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really the opportunity to reach with this social network is wonderful to show your designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you would recommend this social network, it generates benefits for your brand and you can show your designs and reach many people.

One of the biggest benefits is that it always manages the current trend and you can keep up with everything and even show on your portal the designs to reach many people.

C

"Hands down one of the best references and tools"

What do you like best?

There isn't a subject or item I can't find or learn about on Pinterest

What do you dislike?

I guess I wish I could integrate it with a program to make a list of items needed when finding recipes.

I can find recipes for diets that appeal to every walk of life. I have enclosed screen shots of my LinkedIn profile. You can see where it states I am a health coach. The name of my company/website is Get your healthy life. So, I have my health coach Pinterest page which displays any type of healing options I use as well as hints to better health. I also put personal pinned pages together for clients according to diet. I formulate meal plans this way. This way if the need recipe ideas I provide them this way. I hope you can understand now that I do indeed use it for business because it is full of different recipes my clients can use.

Photography Editor
Photography

"Getting Better"

What do you like best?

I can find DIY instructions for what I am trying to do and have a place to keep these things "bookmarked".

What do you dislike?

I often see photos that are offensive and not consistent with my search criteria and can't have my children looking over my shoulder.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have young ones and are careful on what they see, you may not want them looking over your shoulder while on there. Women in underwear will randomly pop up when you are searching for acrylic paintings of trees. Go figure.

It helps me come up with ideas for painting or poses for photography.

Senior Front Desk

"Ideas for Business Space and Office"

What do you like best?

I like how well organized it is. I like having boards so specific things, makes my life easier. I also love how after a few pins it already knows my interest and shows me exactly what I'm interested in.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a search button within my own boards. I have so many and it would be easier than scrolling down through all of the before finding the one I'm looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it a try and you will be amazed by all the good ideas you can use for literally anything!

We are solving are plain space look. We have a very big white lobby and we need ideas to make it more warm while staying on brand.

AH
(Myself Only)

"Unique way to drive traffic to your website"

What do you like best?

I love that with Pinterest you aren't just sharing your own developed content, but sharing and pinning content that your ideal client is interested in. This is so different from other social media outlets and I find it really opens up exposure to clients of your desired demographic that you might not be able to reach on other platforms like Facebook or Instagram

What do you dislike?

It is a little more complicated to figure out exactly how to attract and capture your ideal client on Pinterest, but once you do the amount of web traffic you get can be incredible!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pinterest is an often over-looked tool that can be incredibly beneficial for growing your web traffic, exposure, SEO, and subscription list. I think it is often seen as something only appropriate for recipes and crafts, but Pinterest can help you gain exposure no matter what your industry or business model is!

I recently started a blog on my website and the use of Pinterest has enabled me to grow my subscriber list by 150% in just the first month, and all for free!

High School Social Studies Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Pinterest connects others with new ideas and inspiration. "

What do you like best?

Pinterest isn't only a social media platform to use to pass the time, it presents a great way for professionals to get new ideas, find professional development opportunities, and to organize projects. I like the fact that you can organize everything that you pin into a board. This makes it so helpful to make sure I can find things that I have pinned to look at later. Having the option to have a secret board is also so helpful for making the website more private. This is a social media site, but there may be an instance where you do not want to use it for connection purposes, but for personal use.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that can be a turn off is the amount of content on Pinterest that can be considered spam. It is rather annoying to deal with, but I understand it is hard to regulate this on such a large scale. I also think that the messaging feature could be improved. It is hard to organize messages in my opinion, but I am glad that the option is there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pinterest is a great way to find content that you need and to get your own content out for others to see.

I am finding that Pinterest is very useful in creating a community, sharing ideas, and generating traffic to my blog and products. I am grateful for this free social media resource that makes connecting so much easier.

Family educator
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Creating new possibilities "

What do you like best?

I love how I can go on Pinterest and find different things for my classroom, students and other teachers in the classroom.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I try to save different pictures to my pins and they freeze and i cant find them again.

I use it everyday for my classroom activities. Its a real benefit to everyone I work with because it takes us to sites to help expand our lesson planning in the classroom.

Team Member
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Pinterest!!!"

What do you like best?

Pinterest is a great source to get different ideas and organize them in an easy to use way. I have used many of the ideas that I have found on pinterest and love looking at what people find everyday. The app is a great tool to have when I am out and away from my computer.

What do you dislike?

I wish that pinterest would show me what I have already pinned before I actually go to pin it. If it showed up on the general search then that would make it easier and I would save time and not have to repin things that I have already pinned.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pinterest is a great tool to use to get and share ideas with multiple people. It helps you find creative ideas to any problem that you might be having.

Pinterest is a great tool for creative ideas for parties, conferences, gifts and more. I have used pinterest to help plan meetings or conferences.

(10,001+ employees)

"Pinterest is fun but not needed for a business. "

What do you like best?

I think Pinterest is a fun way for a business to understand and develop their branding. It is like a marketing team that is free online. It is easy to use it to figure out what is on brand and what is off brand.

What do you dislike?

Pinterest is difficulty and less predictable than other marketing platforms, such as Instagram. It is hard to know if the links are working and if they are reaching the target audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just have fun with it. If you take it too seriously, try to be too contrived, the audience will know.

Pinterest solved the problem of having to work with a PR/marketing team to help develop our brand. With Pinterest, we were able to get a feel for the other types of things our customers liked/were interested in/looked at. That helped us develop our brand for free.

Pinterest User Ratings

9.2
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.7*
* Social Networks Category
Do you work for Pinterest?

Pinterest Categories on G2