Ping Intelligent Identity Platform Reviews & Product Details

What is Ping Intelligent Identity Platform?

Ping Identity envisions a digital world powered by intelligent identity. We help enterprises achieve Zero Trust identity-defined security and more personalized, streamlined user experiences. The Ping Intelligent Identity Platform provides customers, employees and partners with access to cloud, mobile, SaaS and on-premises applications and APIs, while also managing identity and profile data at scale. Over half of the Fortune 100 choose us for our identity expertise, open standards leadership, and partnership with companies including Microsoft, Amazon and Google. We provide flexible options to extend hybrid IT environments and accelerate digital business initiatives with multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, access management, intelligent API security, directory and data governance capabilities. Visit www.pingidentity.com.

Ping Intelligent Identity Platform Profile Details

Ping Intelligent Identity Platform Reviews

1-43 of 43 total Ping Intelligent Identity Platform reviews
Principal Identity Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Reliable Federation and MFA Platform for Enterprise Use Cases"

What do you like best?

It is a reliable, flexible, standards-based authentication platform. It's APIs have allowed us to develop self-service for app integration in two large enterprises. It is flexible in its deployment and allows us to minimize our operational efforts through the use of containers and cloud-native services.

What do you dislike?

PingFederate used to be the platform where new standards where deployed early on, users could figure out how to make them useful to the enterprise, and then their adoption would proliferate. This happened with OAuth 2, OpenID Connect, and various OIDC profiles. Over the last couple of years the organization has switched to a "platform" portfolio of applications- meaning that because their tool for authorization is PingAccess, they don't see a need to implement an UMA2 endpoint in PingFederate. They were successful by giving engineers a solid platform to use new standards-based authentication and authorization profiles, but now they are pivoting away from that.

I wouldn't say I have "problems" with the platform per se, more that the friction with a Ping deployment comes from working with legacy application app architectures. There are several integration kits which help get old apps capable of consuming SAML/OIDC, but as our deployment and service delivery goals are 100% self-service without any custom deployments with high administrative touch, solving for the last mile while keeping our strategy intact is difficult.

PingID had issues with availability about 2 years back, though that has improved dramatically in the last 18 months. I have no qualms about PingID today.

Systems Engineer, Identity & Access Management
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Excellent Products and great company to deal with!"

What do you like best?

Ping Federate is easy to deploy and makes it easier for our employees to have one username/passwords for applications, makes it easy with authentication policies that most times our employees never see a sign-on prompt. Ping ID has also been easy to configure and is a nice MFA tool. We have not rolled it out to the whole company yet but the bet users love the ease of use.

Support from Ping is great and they respond to issues quickly and also are available to help with configuration issues if necessary.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes here, once you are familiar with the configurations and setup, the applications pretty much run themselves!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Ping applications to others who are considering them.

Creating safe and secure ways of accessing SaaS applications and make it easy for your users to not have to have multiple usernames/passwords.

TDY Reservations Tools and Technology -Operational Products
Airlines/Aviation

"Easy and great for MFO"

What do you like best?

So one of the things that I love most about this application is the ease of enrollment. When we decided to move to a MFO system, I was nervous about how hard it would be to enroll in the system and integrate into our enterprise applications. This was so simple, it was a double take.

What do you dislike?

At first we did have some issei's when users did not add a backup device. If they for whatever reason, switched or reset a device that was previously enrolled, Like restoring a phone, if they did not enroll a backup device, they were locked out of the account. the reset was fairly simple, but something to be mindful of.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO remind your users to add a backup device upon initial enrollment. that way if they do need to reset one of their devices, they have a secondary device to re-enroll

We really needed to have an enterprise solution for MFO and Ping was very easy to adopt. It works across a variety of devices and integrated well with our enterprise applications.

Senior Analyst, Customer Insights
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Simple and intuitive tool which serves its purpose well"

What do you like best?

The tool is very easy to use. All you do is log on and it takes you to all of the programs that you need. Some of the programs may need an additional log-in, but it's always the same enterprise username and password, which makes password management super simple.

It's also great to just have everything you need in one place; this makes work that much easier.

Even the search functionality is a plus. It makes it easy to find and add other apps to your PingOne homepage.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to dislike with this software program. The layout is intuitive (frequently used in the top half and all apps on the bottom half). Also, the tabs on the left-hand side that categorize apps is really handy. The interface is not the prettiest, but I'm not sure this is expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PingOne is a well-designed tool that manages to simplify the use of multiple work apps as well as help evade the issue of having to remember multiple passwords. By compartmentalizing all of your work apps, PingOne also helps the user think of apps are serving particular purposes.

The biggest problems we are solving with PingOne are password management and website sprawl. It's great to have everything in one place, and removing that extra layer of complexity really gives the user back a lot of time in his/her day over the span of a year or more.

Wireless Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Good for authentication with servers"

What do you like best?

It does the job as expected even when not connected to the internet, If I'm using another machine to log in into a server it does not ask to connect to the internet to get a code

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I forget what I was doing for a moment and check the code I got from ping id and it already timed out. It would be nice to have a longer time to authenticate. When a coworker ask a question or you are doing several task it's easy to forget you were trying to login and then you have to ask for another code

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It just works, nothing more to say.

Accessing client servers in an easy way

E
(10,001+ employees)

"Ping is not just a platform but also a trusted partner"

What do you like best?

I've worked with Ping across 3 different employers. Each time I've had different engineers, sales folks and various other contacts and they have all been exceptional. I have never felt like a customer with Ping. Instead, they have made me feel valued as their customer and that my voice matters. I have always received excellent support in both pre-sales and post-sales and, most importantly, they have always partnered with me to help find the best solution for my needs and not just the one which makes them the most money. A truly valued relationship.

What do you dislike?

There is so much information available through their support pages as well as from other Ping sites and resources that it is sometimes difficult to find what I am looking for on my own. While I can always ask someone to send me what I need I sometimes like to try and explore on my own but the volume of good information is sometimes overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a robust platform which can do a lot. Having a good understanding of your use cases will help scoping your project needs and help Ping better understand and design your solution. Get to know your Ping account reps and let them help you.

We are using Ping for Federation and MFA services. SSO allows us to better monitor and adhere to our regulatory requirements for access while MFA provides the same in addition to being a more secure way to authenticate for the organization.

(10,001+ employees)

"Easy to use - pain to switch to new device"

What do you like best?

I think it is really easy to use, I remember that setting PingID for the first time on my phone was very very easy. I've never really had any issues with it – I really like the option of using a manual code if or when your mobile device doesn't have access to a network (very helpful when trying to connect on airplanes and your phone doesn't have service).

What do you dislike?

Changing to a new device is a such a hassle. It took me about two days to finally do it and I had to reach out to our IT department for help. The issue might have been that I didn't disable my old device first, however it was not an easy process and it ended up causing issues with other applications that use PingID (like VPN for example).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a user I think it is very easy to use - unsure how it is for an administrator.

Helps with account protection, specially helpful to avoid account takeovers.

Program Manager

"Fast and easy identity verification"

What do you like best?

With PingID, Identity verification is extremely fast and very easy. The best part is that it does not require users to wait for a phone call or a text message in order to verify they are who they say they are.

What do you dislike?

It is not clear to end users what authentication method is used when users originally install and set it up, which can cause some security-minded folks to contact IT with questions.

We are using it to prevent unauthorized access to our VPN, and needed a solution that would allow our users to quickly verify their identity without requiring them to wait for a phone call or text message.

Procurement Operations Analyst
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great Tool- Super Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy this application is to use. It was rolled out about a year ago to my company and it took barely any training for the employees to figure it out.

What do you dislike?

I truly do not have any dislikes about this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Such a great and easy to use tool. I definitely recommend switching if you are using something else.

We are solving the business problem of keeping our network and information safe in any environment including when not at work. For our employees it is solving a quick and easy way to always stay secure.

"I'm satisfied with PingID"

What do you like best?

I like because its makes more safe my account or access, i can't track all my logs and even i can grant access from my mobile device.

What do you dislike?

for the Desktop version its takes a few time to be open, i dont know now because i'm only using the PingID for mobile which is faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think we are facing issue trying to connect PingID with Fuze so for now we have disabled this feature because users are not able to login.

Making more safe the accounts, users do not need to type passwords and usernames and its like a unified method for all sites access.

Digital Sales Manager, Net New Enterprise & Corporate

"Ping to get in"

What do you like best?

Ping was an easy enough tool for security to log in to my work tool set. Pretty fast and consistent to get call back or text back log in credentials. As a simple user, I didn't need it to be robust or complex just simple which it was.

What do you dislike?

I did not have any real complaints. As far as how I used it as just a log in user, I needed it to just work when I wanted to log into my companie's tools. Sometimes the text relay was a little delayed but this was rarely the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool, highly recommend!

IT has provided a safe and secure way to protect company details, information and privacy. Good solid tool that works and works well.

Network Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy and quick Single Sign ON"

What do you like best?

We use this as a part of SSO process, we enter our user, password and if everything is ok, the website will ask for PingID, you enter the number and you are done, as simple as that.

What do you dislike?

You can refresh many times in a row and codes are still valid, since it's a 6 number value I wonder how many codes are actually valid in the same moment. I would prefer a longer code.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a bit annoying to use it every time but it increases security, so the tradeoff is not too bad

Single Sign ON for online applications

"PingID"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy access right from my phone. It was simple to pair my device and once that is done I can use PingID as an authentication factor to access my corporate network.

What do you dislike?

The app frequently unpairs from my device which means have to go through the set up process from scratch. This can be frustrating when in a time crunch to quickly access my network.

For my clients, they frequently have questions regarding how to pair their device and it doesn't seem like the photo instructions help them. However, once they do realize how to use it then they can easily access the network to perform tasks independently.

Program Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Fast and reliable authenticator for large deployments "

What do you like best?

Works without internet connection in the host machine, code is valid for only a few seconds so very secure. Easy to deploy as long as your target audience have a computer and an email, nothing more is needed

What do you dislike?

It's simple and reliable, nothing to dislike

Logging in on client devices that need 2 factor authentication

"Easily log on to many apps w/out having to remember passwords"

What do you like best?

makes it very simple to log on to company softaware apps without having to remember passwords

very helpful when you have to change your password multuiple times per year

also very nice that when you do have to change your password, you only have to do it in one place for all the others to update

What do you dislike?

sometimes can't get in as easily when working from home

it also asks for some key when i'm working remote and I can't find the key anywhere

it also asks me to download some plug in from time to time

we have to change our passwords failry often so this is the only way to make it easy to manage those changes without having to constantly reset passwords because you have so many floating out there and not knowing which goes where

Staff Firmware Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Best Tools for secure Sign In"

What do you like best?

Adding new service ( i.e new organization) very easy via QR, Manual Pairing.

One-time Passcode generated some interval of time and as well as manual so it's secure.

People unable use your system until your permission or you are manually present over there

What do you dislike?

Swipe login option not working consistently sometimes.

Auto passcode sometime irritates while you are looking the passcode for use

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For secure content access use, PingID is recommended. Easy to Use for all

More secure until the phone is with you.

In our Company IT system, we have used PingID for internet access.

UR

"Nice Concept"

What do you like best?

It is efficient to have a platform with one login to access all programs that I might need while working in the office. It is also nice to keep one login ID and password when previously the several different programs needed have different password requirements and different expiring password cycles. This simplifies and streamlines that process.

What do you dislike?

It's not as easy to use from home: sometimes it logs on and has all my applications, and sometimes I get an error message and still have to go to each site individually. Most frequently I get an error message and am unable to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great solution for streamlining workload.

It eliminates the need for multiple different login IDs and Passwords, which is nice when different sites require passwords to change at different times.

AI

"Excellent product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use- ping federate is extremely easy to use. Creating a connection is simple and upgrading to a newer version is simpler.

Support from ping- we have had great experience with the pong support. They are a very knowledgeable bunch of engineers.

What do you dislike?

The logging could have been a bit simpler. An entry to show the completion of the SSO would be good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ping federate is very good tool for SSO and Oauth setup. It is simple to use and easy to integrate. We were really happy with the way the support team has performed. The server startup is very quick. It generally comes up in a minute.

We are using pong federate mainly for federation and it has been a breeze to use this product.

"Simple tool, easy to use, powerful! "

What do you like best?

It's really easy to use. You just log in one place, it's secure and powerful. Here at Workfront we have multiple programs that we need access to, so it's really nice to log in to just one place for everything.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to dislike PingOne, but there are a few things that I don't like. I don't like how you have to keep refreshing it in order to access everything. It would be nice to just have to log in once, identify yourself, and then have it work from then on. I have to log in every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good platform and is easy to use. Keeps all of your programs secure since you have to log in to PingOne.

We are solving a lot of problems, mostly efficiency issues. It has been awesome and secure for the whole company.

Customer Success Manager

"Love Having Everything Linked!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed having Ping as a way to link all of my work tools together in a secure site.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes here! It was very user friendly and it made it so much easier to streamline my logins and keep my information safe.

We were making sure we have a safe and secure way to access work websites without having to login over and over again

(10,001+ employees)

"Good 2 factor authentication tool"

What do you like best?

I can authenticate by phone, tablet, pc, email and mac and it works everytime i use it.

What do you dislike?

When i have lost a device removing it and replacing it was not straightforward

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just use it, it's kind of annoying to do 2 factor authentication, but it's required.

it does 2 factor authentication and it does it's job well.

(10,001+ employees)

"Works as expected-Simple to use, multiple options to access and reliable"

What do you like best?

The solution links to the phone, a desktop app and even the apple watch. Enables easy two factor authentication with an industry leading solution. Clear UI in the apps makes it easy to use, no learning curve. Very straightforward

What do you dislike?

Two Factor authentication as a whole. But given we have to do it I like Ping as a provider for it.

Security around access. With the number of security breaches it is a must for corporations to make access reliable and secure and the old fashioned password has outlived its usefulness. TFA is the wave of the future.

Consultant, Directory Services
Insurance

"PingOne"

What do you like best?

It is a very robust SSO solution for a large enterprise. It has many plugins for many products. Their support is top notch.

What do you dislike?

Implementation is not easy. It is a complicated product. But all SSO products are so this is to be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand the complexity before you implement

Replacing an out of support SSO product. Ping also help integrate into numerous cloud apps.

Director of Operations

"Steep learning curve for a product that has strong competitors."

What do you like best?

Very powerful feature set. Can manually configure SAML connections for almost any site.

What do you dislike?

VERY complicated. Extremely steep learning curve. Documentation helps but needs clarification in many cases. Product is becoming obsolete as competitors are starting to offer equivalent or better features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at other options for a simpler setup/admin process.

Increased security. Simplified login process for employees.

Multilingual IT Pro / Robotergesteuerte Prozessautomatisierung (RPA & RDA)

"PingID allows you to work from home"

What do you like best?

The possibility to add many devices so if you loose access to one you can choose another. Also tapping being enough to authenticate is great.

What do you dislike?

Honestly speaking the ability to use even more devices would be better.

I am able to authenticate and work from home. That's great.

"Ping Identity is one stop shop for all Integrations"

What do you like best?

Ping Identity has more plugins readily available than other SSO Provider for integrating with the product, whatever the programming language it's built on.

with Ping Identity you can integrate all your applications at a faster pace to implement the IAM across the organization. Ping Identity team provides good support Services in Every level of Product Implementation

What do you dislike?

Documentation

Log Monitoring and Error Reporting

Debugging

Identity Access Mangement

GDPR Implementation

Fast Pace Implementation across the organization

Integrations

Global Account Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Secure easy way to validate access "

What do you like best?

The easiness in authorizing an access request

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it freezes when automatic requests are sent.

Double layer of security

"Ping Identity"

What do you like best?

The tool set has been really simple to setup and add new applications to.

What do you dislike?

Currently there is nothing that is a dislike for us.

We are modernizing our IAM tools for both customers and employees.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Simple installation and was able to use immediately.

What do you dislike?

There were times when I wasn’t recognized and needed to login manually; which was slightly inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As an end user, I recommend this product.

Enables a secure login with minimal technical difficulties.

Director of Computer Services
Oil & Energy

"We recently picked pingone for our single sign on solution"

What do you like best?

Very easy to setup and it really works great when the applications support the standard

What do you dislike?

There was just some work involved in getting it integrated with 3rd party vendors. I little more than thought

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make sure the products you are intending to use this for support it.

We are able to get a single spot for Network access tied to active directory. We are using it for Yammer, CDW, and Office 365 at the moment but hope to incorporate that to our SOA application delivery design and not have to create AD accounts for all users

"Works reliably"

What do you like best?

It solves a need to integrate with the business LDAP for single sign on.

What do you dislike?

Dioesn't have an application for SPA, which causes hacky solutions.

We are using PINGID for single sign on.

(10,001+ employees)

"User of single sign on"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use and allows access to network tools without needing VPN.

What do you dislike?

in chrome the login opens in a popup. Not sure this is a PingOne issue or my Chrome browser setting.

single sign on. No VPN needed

"Good one"

What do you like best?

The best part is providing secure access that will enable the right people to access the right things/app, securely and seamlessly. We have SSO that makes our life's easier with one single click anytime/anywhere.

Support is too good !!

What do you dislike?

None. I like the supports, licenses and renewals are affordable.

Securing our application by giving right access to right people for right things !!