Do you work for Photoshop Elements?

Photoshop Elements Reviews & Product Details

What is Photoshop Elements?

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 software combines power and simplicity so you can make your photos look extraordinary.

Photoshop Elements Profile Details

Photoshop Elements Profile Details

Adobe
Description
Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.
1982

Photoshop Elements Reviews

1-50 of 414 total Photoshop Elements reviews

Photoshop Elements Reviews

1-50 of 414 total Photoshop Elements reviews
Photoshop Elements review by Anabel R.
Eficaz y rapidez

"Edita y crea lo mejor"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements es un programa que te ayuda a tener la imagen como te gusta, realizando modificaciones que te llevan a tener lo que buscas, la aplicación Photoshop Elements es de fácil manejo obteniendo un resultado de imagen de calidad. Con mucha creatividad

What do you dislike?

Photoshop Elements se pone lento aveces debido a que tienes que abrir muchas ventanas y capas logrando que aveces no sepas si guardaste de forma correcta alguna modificación, esto hace que puedes perder ediciones al no guardar y enlazar correctamente cada edición por capas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gracias a Photoshop Elements de fácil manejo he resulto muchas dudas a la hora de entregar proyectos en el trabajo y en la universidad, lo cual con mucha creatividad tendrás buenos resultados. Debes tener paciencia al editar o crear imágenes a tu gusto esto te ayudara con un trabajo final con buenos acabados y satisfactorios.

Con la aplicación Photoshop Elements te ayudara a la hora de entregar proyectos de calidad en imagen, colores y tamaño usándola desde varias años he podido modificar mis imágenes con mucha creatividad y obteniendo excelentes resultados. . Photoshop Elements me ayudo a satisfacer las necesidades de muchas personas en el trabajo y la universidad

Photoshop Elements review by Christina O.
VP of Member Services | PRSSA
Higher Education

"Photoshop Elements review"

What do you like best?

I have used both elements and the original photoshop program and continuously find that elements is much simpler to use than the original program.

What do you dislike?

The only problems I ever see is lagging while I am using it. I also wish that elements had the templates for product design, the original photoshop program has so many great ones that help bring your design to live.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review and use the trials of the different photoshop programs to make sure you are purchasing the right one that will meet your goals. The programs are very expensive if you are buying them for yourself so I would say it is very important to do some research before buying.

I use elements for all different types of things, it does not necessarily solve any business problems I have. It comes to use for many things though.

Photoshop Elements review by Joanna R.
Financial Services

"Photography editing"

What do you like best?

Ease of use is important for me. I don't want to have to take weeks of training to use a software. This has tutorials that help.

What do you dislike?

Lots of options to help you do fun things with photos but need more step by step direction. Having a separate screen to guide you through the process would be great and help to master more types of edits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sizing guidelines would be great.

Designing templates for customer invitations. Ease of saving templates for future use in order to serve customers needs as their needs change. Having a sizing guideline that helps for social media platforms would also be great and help to create templates and avoid sizing issues. The future of social media is changing constantly and the need to have guidelines updated and posted would be a huge benefit for customers.

Photoshop Elements review by Vu L.
Creative Director
(Myself Only)

"Photoshop-Simplified - Limited iOS App Delivers Surpisingly Solid Image Editor"

What do you like best?

Pros - The iOS app functionality is the same on iPhone & iPad iterations. As we grow more towards utilizing our fingers to edit photos through the mobile experience, I’m starting to find editing via my iMac & traditional computer mouse is starting to feel “out of the way.”

What do you dislike?

The iOS app is limited to only featuring a certain selection of editing tools mostly focused on quick photo editing. Because of this - I have to switch over to multiple other apps in order to use a different array of image editing tools.

I’m starting to find editing photos on iPad Pro using my Apple Pencil feels much more natural to me due to my background in drawing.

Photoshop Elements review by Rachel  A.
Assistant

"Great graphic design for an intermediate designer"

What do you like best?

There are not so many features that I get lost or complicated, just the right amount of editing tools. I can easily add in text or make multiple layers with a few clicks. I like that I can save the file as a photoshop file and can make changes later. I use this mostly for creating headings for the company website, adding text to photos, and creating simple graphics with stock photos.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the drop down menus can get in the way of what I am editing or can make it difficult to find the exact brush/edit I am looking for. It can also get difficult switching between windows if I am editing more than one photo. Also sometimes if I am looking for a specific function, such as adding a colored line around a text, I have to Google how to do it because the function isn't easily accessible, however this could most likely be user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using Photoshop Elements if you are an intermediate photo editor / graphic designer that needs mostly basics plus a few more. It is good for simple photo editing (making lighter/darker, adjusting color, etc), adding text to pre exisitng photos, and combing pre exisiting photos/graphics by adding layers to create a new graphic.

We don't have to pay a third party to make our advertising or website graphics, we are able to easily create them in a short time to meet project deadlines.

Photoshop Elements review by Keisha C.
CS Tech

"A great inexpensive way for manipulating graphics"

What do you like best?

I like best layering image and vectors for easy editing . I like the ease of adding and manipulating text . I also like the ease of using the gradient feature.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to figure out more complex image customizations. Many times I have to google how to do something such as how to crop a circle out of an image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not as complex and expensive as the full version of Photoshop. If you have minor graphic changes with little graphics experience, consider Photoshop Elements.

I am solving updating and creating graphics to use in documents or web sites. Modifying screen shots for training is also a helpful use for this software.

Photoshop Elements review by Tani B.
Studemt

"Simplified Photoshop"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Photoshop elements is that it's easier to use and manage compared to Adobe Photoshop. When I was first learning, I used this software all the time then switched to Adobe Photoshop. Another thing that I like best, is how there are so many featured tools for editing so you can create better content.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there wasn't much of anything that I disliked about Elements. It is affordable (which is a big deal to me) and easy to navigate. It was perfect for my graphic design uses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it can be intimidating esp. for people just starting out but give it a try and you'll be hooked designing new and improved content.

I used it mostly for graphic design purposes. We have a lot of different softwares for each thing so for elements I used it for design. I love all the editing tools that help make each image unique!

Photoshop Elements review by Ashley W.
Photography

"Awesome to Work WIth"

What do you like best?

Unlike Photoshop, I believe that Photoshop Elements is actually more user friendly to someone who had never used the program. I love that it enables you to insert your own actions to use as you wish. Style match is also a cool extra plus to Elements. Also the Group Shot Mode is amazing!! It gives the ability to fix all of my larger wedding group family shots such as families with children especially. Most times there is at least one child that doesn't cooperate with photos, so it allows me to switch faces in bigger groups.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that many people say that Photoshop is too complicated and Photoshop Elements is the easier route. I feel that Elements has a ton of things in itself that can be debated. For instance, I feel that Elements doesn't have the type ability that Photoshop does. It also seems like it does not have the clarity abilities that Photoshop does. I do not like that Elements seems to skim over the more important things that I use for photos, such as clarity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just sit down and play with it. The more you use it the more comfortable you will be with it.

The business problems that I am solving with Elements is my time frame issue. The benefits of this are that my clients are getting their photos back much quicker than I use to. Weddings that took 8-10 weeks are being completed in 6 or less. Such a relief to have.

Photoshop Elements review by Joshua H.
Promotions Director
Broadcast Media
(10,001+ employees)

"Solid photo editing on a budget. "

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is super easy to use. It is great for a beginner to sit down and start using with it's guided mode, and can also be used well be experts who already know more about photo editing. I like that I can see all of the files I'm working on below the editing space and quickly switch between them. It makes for a very efficient and enjoyable workflow!

What do you dislike?

If you're used to full Photoshop, this does feel like it's lacking some features and capabilities. The software runs a bit slow at times while editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshop elements is a great software! It's perfect for someone just looking to do some simple photo editing or creation of print or digital media. Make sure you check out some tutorials on the software before you dig into it. Of course, go in and play around with it to see what you can do, but at the very least check out some beginner tutorials so that you can discover some of the vast capabilities the software has.

I used Photoshop Elements quite often to design and edit files for print to use for various events our company puts on. I love having Photoshop Elements available for many reasons. It allows me to quickly edit pictures, whether I need to resize, crop, add text and many other things. I also like the multiple file formats that I can choose to export in.

Photoshop Elements review by Rachel Elizabeth G.
Tallie Basic Review

"Photoshop Elements Review"

What do you like best?

I love how, firstly, the app allows for you to simply add itself as an editing extension from iphone’s Primary photos app itself- just as if you were going to use “mark up” or edit it within the iPhone photo edit settings.

What do you dislike?

I cannot name anything I specifically dislike. I can only suggest to keep on making additions to what users can do, though the options are already plentiful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always add on more options for editing whenever they can be added. Consider making it easier to do things that are normally limited or significantly easier on a PC when using photoshop, such as layers or combining multiple images.

With photoshop elements, I can edit out flaws that are too small to eliminate with many photo editing apps within the iPhone. These same flaws are large enough to see and are sore to the eyes. Photoshop elements provides several ways to accomplish flaw coverup, along with helping shine light on an idea that you may not have thought of before. This then leaves you more open minded and with more options than before for your next photo edit.

Photoshop Elements review by Anthony M.
emre

"Photographer's Best Friend"

What do you like best?

All kinds of photo processing and editing can do your work.

It offers a simple interface.

In a few seconds, it makes the flawed photos look extraordinary.

To whiten teeth, to show the sky more blue, to correct color, contrast and lighting has never been easier. Use one-step shortcuts. You can also remove the redundancies in photos instantly.

Would you like to correct a photo from the beginning, add a vignette effect, or create a perfect portrait? Here, Photoshop elements will make them very easy. Even if you're not professional !

Contains more than 100 brush effects.

I like the Photo Editing and Collage side.

Other favorite features are as follows;

-Adobe Sensei new auto-generated slides with artificial intelligence.

- Re-designed photo collages.

- Better performance and HEIF support.

- Re-designed “Quick Edit "

What do you dislike?

I can't get more efficiency when adjusting the line sharpness when you don't increase the softening value. When you upgrade, the corners are slightly erased.

Other than that, I have not yet compared a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Company offers a monthly trial version. This is awesome. You can try and get it.Try before you buy. You will definitely want to buy. Because the price is affordable. I think it's the cheapest photo editing program.

If Photoshop Cc sounds expensive, buy Photoshop Elements. You will enjoy the performance of Photoshop Elements.

I recommend Photoshop Elements to all new photographer enthusiasts.

Photoshop Elements is easier than Photoshop CC.

Photoshop Elements makes your photo editing by teaching you like a teacher.

It is the easiest, clear and simple program , I have ever seen.

For me, the price-performance ratio is the best program.

We bought the software because it is extremely cheap.

There is no shortage of other professional programs. We are organizing the photos we will add to our customers website, web site and social media with this program.

For our customers, we create calendars, album pages, cards and more in minutes using professionally designed templates.We find our photos and videos easily according to locations, events, albums and favorites.

We purchased this program for our employees who have difficulty in using Photoshop CC. Even after buying a professional like me even photoshop cc has become more uses.

Supported by Adobe Sensei is an automatic photo editing feature and has helped us a lot. Our photos look more beautiful.

Photoshop Elements review by Lauren C.
Music Lessons
Music

"Great stripped down version of the real deal"

What do you like best?

Elements does an amazing job of keeping the most crucial features intact while taking away the "extras" in order to lower the price. I'm able to manage all of my arts/design business using just the Elements editor; it has great color processing, the cropping features are great (it is good at picking up on outlines and edges with the lasso and selection tools), and the blending and layering options are still mostly intact from the full version of photoshop.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue with this program is that it doesn't let you switch between CMYK and RGB coloring, so sometimes if things are being printed it can cause colors to be inaccurate depending on the printer you're using. For web, this is not so much of a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you know the difference between RGB and CMYK coloring for your printing needs, and be aware of the limitations of the product.

I use elements to put together product pitches and photography and do graphic design for my business. It's good to make things look clean and streamlined, taking away extraneous elements from the backgrounds or edges of photos. Also, I use the text features to design flyers and ads.

Photoshop Elements review by Alanna S.
Photography
(Myself Only)

"Great product for the everyday!"

What do you like best?

I like that elements stays true to its name. Everything elemental is truly in this program. You will be able to add text on a photo to make a quick ad, edit an image like the pros, and organize everything well. If you are looking for a cost effective program for your business that will allow you to make professional looking ads, this is the one to go for! If you're a beginner photographer who just wants to continue photography as a hobby and not as a career, this is also perfect for you!

What do you dislike?

The interface for Photoshop Elements has never been something I was very happy with. It just feels very amateur for some reason, but this really doesn't matter so much in the end since it gets the job done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only get this product if it's right for you!

It's right for you if:

1) You want to keep photography/design a hobby only

2) Your budget is limited

3) You don't need anything too fancy, just something that will get the job done!

The greatest benefits of Elements for business is the ability to use it to create marketing materials. Flyers, website banners, brochures, you name it! They can all be easily designed with Photoshop Elements without breaking the bank.

Photoshop Elements review by Ricardo O.
Graphic Design

"It's one of my go-to programs whenever I get a new project."

What do you like best?

I like how versatile it is. You can do almost anything in there. You can work on drawings, photos, and even videos. You're almost unlimited. Depending on how proficient you are. I can get almost anything done in it. I do think Lightroom is slightly better at editing photos, Photoshop allows for WAY more creativity. I'm really glad they fixed this text problem they were having since the update.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the pixel based artboards are annoying because you can't get clean outcomes on certain things like you would on a vector artboards. Also I wish there was an easier way to deal with artboards like in Illustrator, where you can just create artboards anytime you want. Every update they put out tutorials for the update, and it takes them forever to stop asking if I want a tour or something. Even after I click "No" it still comes up when I start program for a while. Once I click "No" I want to be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the artboard situation easier.

Any time I have to mock something up. When I need to reduce the size of photos. When I do graphics and artwork for the company I work for.

Photoshop Elements review by Alberto E.
diseñador grafico
Graphic Design

"Very easy and good"

What do you like best?

I like everything about this program, it is necessary that it be used before the user starts working with Photoshop, Photoshop Elements is the start to the editing, it is a simple and simple program but with the necessary tools that besides teaching you and getting started in This world, allows you to create collages and edit photos in a fast way and with professional quality.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the program is a little empty, I think they should add more editing elements but not so advanced so that the program does not lose its essence of simplicity, but it is necessary to add a few tools that allow the user to perform better jobs in all your editing projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

they will love the program from the moment they use it, it is the perfect program to start editing photos and besides everything very simple and easy to use, with an incredibly good quality in the editions that are made here, it is a 100% recommended program

When it comes to a simple editing job or creating a collage, Photoshop Elements will always be my first choice, it is the program I use the most when I make or send me to do simple works in which I need to edit an image, and I do not really have No complaint about the work I have done here

Photoshop Elements review by Dubraska M.

"Great and easy to use"

What do you like best?

For this era of social networks, images play an important role in sharing emotions, sharing our knowledge, offering a service, offering products, the easy and quick editing of these images with a tool like photoshop element is essential, It is very easy to learn how to use it so anyone can become an expert without much previous experience

What do you dislike?

What do I like about Photoshop Element ?, I would have to say that the price, but obviously if we want quality it has a price, in terms of its design I have no complaints about it

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Photoshop Element with all those who want to put a different touch to their images, with all those who need an easy and fast tool to manage for photo editing, sincerely anyone can dare to use it because it is very easy to use and the results are great

It really does not solve a problem in itself, but it does play an important role in editing the images I use to offer my graphic designer services through my social networks

Photoshop Elements review by Alyssa D.
Registrar

"Photoshop Elements 12"

What do you like best?

I love that Photoshop elements is easy to use for all skill levels with its "Quick", "Guided", and "Expert" settings. I like going between Guided and Expert when I am using the program for different projects. I also like that I am able to save the images in a variety of formats and qualities.

What do you dislike?

The Organizer feature. Occasionally I accidentally click on the Organizer when starting on Photoshop elements. I only use the program for its photo editing and saving capabilities. I organize photos in other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Photoshop Elements if you are a novice-intermediate level photo editor. It's very easy to learn and use.

For my job, I must be able to take cellphone snapshots of museum objects in order to document them. Often times, the photo's are being taken under poor conditions such as bad lighting in the room, or the perspective is skewed in the photo. In Photoshop elements I am able to fix all those little problems and end up with an acceptable finished product. This benefits my institution because I am able to continue using my phone to take quick record shots, instead of having to go through the motions of setting up the objects in a photo studio. Photoshop enables me to fix the photos I take very easily and efficiently.

Photoshop Elements review by Patrick B.
Technology Manager for Audio Video

"Powerful photo editor at a good price"

What do you like best?

Simple user interface that allows the user to make edits quickly and easily. It handles multiple file formats and lets you open in one format and convert to another format easily. There are a multitude of tools to use when editing images. The online help lets the user search for specific things and the online help can provide examples on how to do a particular item.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike - the only thing would be missing features which would be accounted for by the lower cost of the scaled down package

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best image/photo editors for the price.

I use it to resize images, change the compression to reduce the file size, to fix errors in a picture, to remove items that don't want to be shown - just editing images in general.

Photoshop Elements review by Robin W.
Writer

"Fast & Easy"

What do you like best?

I love the new filters added in 2018. These filters often fulfill my needs with minimal tinkering.

What do you dislike?

A few of the tools are buried. It always takes me a while to find the advanced tools I need if I haven't used them in a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool. Start with the presets and work your way towards the advanced settings. There are lots of YouTube videos that are very helpful. The new filters are fantastic. Don't forget to have fun and play with them.

I use PSE to edit photos, create media for Twitter, and create covers for my books. It is a MUST HAVE tool for me.

Photoshop Elements review by User in Warehousing

"Photoshop Elements Review"

What do you like best?

Adobe Photoshop Elements is the best program in its field, second only to Adobe Photoshop Pro. Anyone serious about photo editing or photo enhancing but is still new to the whole concept needs to have this program. It's simple to use and a great start down the Adobe pathway. It's a great program for beginners.

What do you dislike?

It is not as advanced as Adobe Photoshop Pro and is missing some of the more intense programming power, but it is meant to be a simple photoshopping / photo enhancing program, for beginners.

During a normal day at work, people submit anywhere between 50 to 200 photos to me for editing. While I know how to use Adobe Photoshop Pro, using Adobe Photoshop Elements is the perfect quick and easy program I need to do some simple touch up on photos, fix up lighting, crop out the photos, resize everything uniformly, and get them in and out as soon as possible all within the same amazing software.

Photoshop Elements review by Alexa F.
Exhibit Graphic Designer

"Great for quick photo edits"

What do you like best?

This program is great for making quick adjustments to photos. Often times Photoshop can be moderately overwhelming, or at the very least has so many options that it can be difficult to sort through and find the small thing you're looking for. Photoshop Elements takes away the in-depth pieces and leaves the essentials for quick and easy edits that can be exported directly.

What do you dislike?

Photoshop Elements is basically a more expensive version of Windows photo editor. It's easy to use and helpful in some circumstances, but it is most likely an upscale version of something that came pre-downloaded on your computer. It's great if you already pay to use the Cloud, but no necessarily something I would pay for as a stand alone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshop Elements is great if you are already a customer or considering becoming a customer of Adobe Creative Cloud, but as a stand alone product, there's a good chance that you already have something similar downloaded on your computer.

I use it frequently for photos that simply need brightened or darkened on a moments notice. I typically prefer Lightroom for quickly editing in bulk, but Photohop Elements allows you to focus on one image at a time and quickly change and save for other uses.

Photoshop Elements review by Edgar O.
Senior Software Engineer

"Watered down Adobe Photoshop"

What do you like best?

It seems to me the whole point and existence of Adobe Photoshop Elements is to provide a watered down, more basic and simple version of the complete Photoshop that is simple enough for somebody's grandma to use. And you know what? That's a good thing. Sometimes you want something more advanced than the abilities of your phone's baked in photo editing tools, but not something so complicated that the average user is going to spend hours just figuring out how to use their software.

What do you dislike?

For a watered down version of Photoshop, the price sure doesn't show it that way. While Elements does away with the subscription based pricing of Adobe's more expensive and advanced software, it seems to be overpriced for what you get, especially when free options like GIMP and dozens of others are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you really want and need out of a photo and image editing software, and then give the free trial a whirl. Adobe is pretty great when it comes to letting you try before you buy.

I gave Photoshop Elements a whirl on a free trial when I wanted to take a break for paying for Photoshop, and before I started using GIMP when I was between projects. While it could do the most basic of things that I used Photoshop for (image creation for software icons, etc.), it ultimately didn't have what I was looking for in terms of graphic design. As mentioned previously though, it's more-so not marketed towards my uses.

Photoshop Elements review by User

"Review of Photoshop Elements"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Photoshop Elements is the intelligent editing. The software is so helpful when it comes to editing. If someone blinks in one photo, I can easily copy a picture with their eyes open and blend them into the blinking photo. All of the tools are easy and efficient to learn and use.

What do you dislike?

I'd say the one thing that I dislike about this software is the large disk footprint. The only other thing that I think that could be improved is the local help system. Other than that, though, there isn't much to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshop Elements is honestly the best program I have used when it comes to designing and editing. It's not too hard to get started, and once you feel comfortable with everything, you will find that your work will be smooth and easy. I really recommend this program, I give it an A+

I am solving so many business related problems with Photoshop Elements! All of my projects are getting done faster and with less mistakes. I do a lot of graphic designing and photo touch ups. With this software, I am able to create clean and fresh designs as well as flawless photos.

Photoshop Elements review by Nick T.
Adjunct Professor
Higher Education

"All the Photoshop fun on a budget"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that the user gets near full Photoshop functionality. You don't get all the bells and whistles but you get all the editing power you need. I've used pro versions so I definitely have a frame of reference to work from.

What do you dislike?

Really the only thing missing is some of the filters and automated functions you'd get with the full version. This is sometimes a bummer, but I really didn't expect to get everything with elements anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's not quite full Photoshop, but it's close. You can't beat it for the money.

I work for a church and buying the full version of Photoshop wasn't in the budget. I am an experienced Photoshop user so I figured I could navigate my way around elements and make it work for us. Elements has been a huge benefit. It gives me what I need but with a budget price.

Photoshop Elements review by Andrew V. T.
Web Developer and Graphic Designer.
Design

""Photoshop Elements, it's cool.""

What do you like best?

An outstanding feature is the conscious content movement tool. This feature allows you to select a person or object and move it to another place. The Content Aware function fills in the hole where the person used to be. This is probably the best object removal tool on the market, but sometimes it can take some attempts to function properly.

The content-aware tool works incredibly well to eliminate unwanted objects and fill space credibly.

What do you dislike?

This program does not have an easy HDR tool, but you can create HDR images by merging photographs with different exposure levels and The software photo organizer is a separate application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Photoshop Elements is a good choice for both beginners and veteran photographers. With an extensive set of tools, experts can find the features they need, and beginners can learn to use the software using the program's guided mode function.

With an extensive set of tools and editing capabilities, Adobe Photoshop Elements can help you retouch your photos or transform them completely. Elements has the organization and editing tools that you will see in the most sophisticated photo editing software, but with the price and ease of use of a basic product.

Well, I usually use it for my corporate work as well as for my independent work, usually to edit photos for publication.

Good in my personal opinion Editing graphics to use on websites is much easier using this tool than others I have tried.

Photoshop Elements review by Gary H.
Small Business Development Coordinator
Government Relations

"Most everything you need in photo editing software without the big price"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is very reasonably priced, and has most of the Photoshop tools that I used with the complete program. When I purchased it, it came bundled with Premiere Elements, which is a companion video-editing software. I'm still using Elements 11, but may upgrade soon. But, truly this version continues to serve my needs well.

What do you dislike?

It does lack some of the program components that come with its higher-priced "parent," Photoshop, so if you're used to the full version, you'll find a few things lacking or perhaps a bit more cumbersome to accomplish. It's easier working with layers and other more advanced options in the full version of Photoshop, but it gets the job done for a good price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many times, Photoshop Elements comes bundled with Premiere Elements, which is a pretty good video editing software option. As for Elements, if you're looking for a budget-friendly photo-editing software, I'd recommend it. Elements does almost everything I need it to do, including some automation for a batch of photos.

I can make my photographs look more vibrant by enhancing the colors, adjusting brightness/contrast, etc. You can create text overlays and more. Elements 11 (several years old) has different modes (quick, guided, and expert) for varying levels of program expertise. Without this software, my photos would not "pop" the way they do after using Elements. It's user-friendly and helps me get the job done fast, which is always helpful on the job.

Photoshop Elements review by Zack M.
Marketing Automation Specialist

"Photoshop is a great tool for editing visuals"

What do you like best?

There are seemingly endless possibilities. If you can dream it, you can almost definitely create it in photoshop. Photoshop is not something you can just pick up and start using. However, the internet is absolutely laden with video and written tutorials on pretty much any Photoshop task. You are not limited to other design tools by the program, because often there are multiple ways to achieve the desired result.

What do you dislike?

There is no easy crop tool like most other software. It sometimes drives me crazy that I have to crop things in word or preview then import to Photoshop, but that's the most major flaw in the program in my opinion. Minor flaws include time to master Photoshop. There are endless possibilities, but it can take a long time to learn everything you need to master the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does anything you want, but does also take time to learn

Designing visuals and videos are the main problems Photoshop helps me with. Visuals include banners, images for email communications, infographics thumbnails, and videos. Greater interaction with clients would be the most major benefit. When your content is visually pleasing, people are much more likely to engage with you. As a result, we have incredible open rates and click-through rates on our communications. Other benefits include creating better points to your partners via infographics, creating a better user experience for our customers on our web pages, and generating an expectation of excellence within our company for our team.

Photoshop Elements review by Caroline S.
Visual Merchandiser
Consumer Goods

"All of your basic photo editing needs are right here"

What do you like best?

Like the name suggests, Elements contains just the main elements of Photoshop, to be used for basic photo editing. Resizing, working in layers, correcting color and light are all most photographers really need on a day to day basis. There are no bells and whistles, but most photographers will find what they need in this tidy little program.

What do you dislike?

Some of the folders and commands that are in photoshop can be in a different order in this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just need to do basic photo editing, this is a nice, intuitive program.

We can'y afford the adobe suite, so Elements is an affordable option that gets the job done.

Photoshop Elements review by Tyler G.
Product Development Engineer

"Photoshop Elements - the easiest and most advanced photo editing software you need"

What do you like best?

Photoshop is an extremely powerful software in a small package. It suits all of my photo editing needs at a fraction of the cost of the more expensive Photoshop Creative Suite or even a software of the likes of Lightroom. Everything is also extremely easy to use and there are even tutorials for each of the functions that may not be so obvious to users. First time users can also get step by step instructions on how to do pretty much anything in the software, which would be super helpful for anyone looking to get into the photo editing arena.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, Photoshop Elements can be really slow. This is especially the case when you are importing upwards of five photos to create a panoramic photograph. The processing speed of Photoshop Elements gets noticeably slower at this time and causes some slowdowns in your productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best quick photo editing software out there for both amateurs and professionals.

Photoshop Elements helps me to work on our marketing and advertisement materials and add things onto our website. I can do all of these things in a very efficient manner using the program, as it boots up quick and allows for easy edits under the Quick tab. This allows me to shoot photos, upload them to my MacBook, and then edit them all within about 20 to 30 minutes. This increases my productivity exponentially and allows me to get more things done and worry less about the time consuming effort that is sometimes required to edit photos.

Photoshop Elements review by Connor B.

"Basic but powerful and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and power to create designs and logos with minimal training/expertise.

What do you dislike?

Lacks some features. The built-in photo effects are outdated; I'd never use them for a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshop Elements is a powerful tool for designing, creating, and editing graphics, logos, and pictures. It is cheaper than Photoshop and easier to use, but it does not include all of the bells and whistles of Photoshop.

I am able to design and create my own marketing materials rather than outsourcing the labor at a high cost. With no formal training and basic design skills, I've used Elements to create logos, flyers, brochures, and even a trade show tent design. These would have cost thousands to hire a freelancer to create.

Photoshop Elements review by Vikram D.

"Tool that detect the best in you gallery."

What do you like best?

To me Photoshop element comes as a set with the license of adobe software i purchased. I primary do prefer Photoshop as a editing tool but i am really impress with what adobe has done with the elements.

It is a quick way to edit and fix images with problems like closed eyes.

Its organizer is also quite well and also tags photos with its facial recognition. You can fill the holes, add or subtract objects easily, move or change perspective and many more.

What do you dislike?

Analyzing is not up to the mark. It do recognize face and tag images and catalog it according to its composition and quality but at the end you have to trust the eye. Sometime it select an overexposed image over a good image as its best shot.

Used it as a way to filter images from the pile of image clicked through camera, especially the burst shots and the multiple photos of same groups.

Photoshop Elements review by Jamie Lynn P.
Systems & Network Specialist
Government Administration

"Watered down, easier version of Photoshop - great for beginners!"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is a great introduction to Photoshop. In reality, if you are a beginner, with how deep and complex the full version of Photoshop is, Elements is honestly the perfect solution for so many people out there that are not advanced Photoshop users. Elements takes the super complex parts of out of Photoshop and leaves a cleaner and simpler version of Photoshop. Not only that, but the price tag is significantly lower as well!

What do you dislike?

I really don't like the limitations of Photoshop Elements compared to regular Photoshop, but honestly, that's exactly what the product intends to be. I'm an advanced Photoshop User so Elements isn't a product I spend much time on so critiquing it in this fashion is honestly just not fair. Realistically it's a great program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't yet taken a leap towards buying the full version of Photoshop and are scared by the price tag; take a deep look into Photoshop Elements. The full version of Photoshop is very deep and complex and to master it and get the most out of it, you would really need to spend a great deal of time educating yourself on the program. If you don't have the time to invest in learning a very complex program but still want the same results, Photoshop Elements is a beautiful and very affordable alternative. I highly recommend it to beginner photographers and graphic artists.

I was able to learn Photoshop Elements and program my Photoshop Actions to be usable in Elements and still provide a decent level of service to my customers (I sold Photoshop Actions and taught basic Photoshop Classes). In so many ways, the full version of Photoshop is unnecessary for so many users and Elements is the perfect platform for a lot of people, which was true for many of my customers.

Photoshop Elements review by Jennie R.
Owner, Producer/Director
(Myself Only)

"Easy image editing and creation"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is great for quick fixes to images or creating a simple graphic fast.

What do you dislike?

I have both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. There is really nothing to dislike for me personally about Elements, because if I need to do something more advanced (which is rare) I can switch to Photoshop. For me, Elements is generally all I need to use, and I really don't have any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a Pro program, use the full version of Photoshop. But for simple image editing, this is a quick and easy program to use.

Changing color profiles on images so I can insert them into a video editing project, adding text when needed, cropping/editing/fixing an image before using it.Resizing images to use online.

Photoshop Elements review by Internal Consultant

"Great for Novice Users"

What do you like best?

I am an experienced user of Photoshop, so my usage of this program is mostly for when I need a quick photo edit. It's easy to use, versatile and pretty powerful. It contains helpful guided edits as you go. It also provides excellent digital asset management. I like the tagging system which has improved. It helps quickly and easily search photos later.

Smart Tags is my favorite feature. It will take longer to upload your images since the program is assessing each image during upload.

What do you dislike?

The program can be a little slow. Guided edits aren't integrated into the expert mode and there are limited sharing options. Sharing options is important to me since the whole point of using the program is to be quick about getting the images out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With the three different modes (Quick, Guided, and Expert), this is suitable for everyone. It is easy to use the Quick and Guided features. The Expert mode can be challenging, but there are tons of free online materials to help you.

I utilize Elements as a quick editing tool when needed. It saves me time in the long run which matters when I don't have a lot to do and I'm on a deadline.

Photoshop Elements review by Anna C.
Cashier / Barista
Food & Beverages

"Simple, but may as well go for the big thing"

What do you like best?

Super simple to use and gives you a taste of the real thing. It's the baby version of Photoshop at a fraction of the cost, but still delivers on use. It has a lot of the same features that allow you to do basic photo editing.

What do you dislike?

Not really worth it in the end. You may as well either go full out and get a subscription for Photoshop / the Adobe Suite. Honestly, the price ends up being worth it. Elements has features of Photoshop that can also be found using programs like GIMP or Pixlr which are free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really think it is a good program if you don't want to commit to Photoshop, but I recommend you consider just going with Photoshop and learning that program.

Photoshop Elements is a good in between if you want to get ready for the real deal. I find it helps with the same things Photoshop does but has limited features. You can still create and edit advertisements, but the turnout isn't worth the $80 price tag.

Photoshop Elements review by Mary V.
Graphic and Web Designer

"Excellent creator and editor of images "

What do you like best?

To be precise, photoshop elements is an alternative to the well-known Photoshop, but as the name implies, with the essential or elementary features to create or edit photographs and images. It is much simpler to use since many of the functions of Photoshop were simplified in this other tool, so it may be ideal for some users looking to perform specific tasks, as they can be done much more easily.

What do you dislike?

Its price is quite high to be a more critical tool, for this reason I prefer to stay with Photoshop, in addition to its software is quite heavy because it is a very powerful tool, which is why some computers may fail to run this program .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty good, but personally I'm left with Photoshop, since I do not think it's necessary to spend money on two prgoramas that are practically the same.

I have sometimes implemented this tool in my work to edit one or another image when I was testing the program, and the truth is that I have been quite satisfied with its usefulness and it can be very useful.

Photoshop Elements review by Alanna G.

"Budget Friendly Professional Editing for All Levels"

What do you like best?

Photoshop can be daunting if you are new to editing or software. Elements provides a user friendly experience that is relatively intuitive. The software has many options to guide you through the editing process. I often use it if I'm on a time crunch and need a quick, professional edit. It is a great option for novice to intermediate users or someone on a budget. Photoshop Elements does a great job with auto organizing and social shares.

What do you dislike?

Elements does not have all of the bells and whistles of full Photoshop. At times, it can feel too stripped down. Complicated or in-depth editing requires a different version of Photoshop. The program could use a few more tools to maintain the feel of Photoshop. That being said, it is a great version for quick fixes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Elements is a great program for beginners to intermediate users. It is a budget friendly version of the more involved options of Photoshop. If you need quick fixes or less involved editing, this is your program.

Photoshop Elements has been beneficial to my company in many ways. It saves time when we need a quick, professional edit. Elements has shortened our turnover time and helped us with efficiency. We are able to produce marketing materials in a pinch with this version of Photoshop.

Photoshop Elements review by Preethi M.
Campus Ambassador
International Affairs
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Has great apps for phones/tablets!"

What do you like best?

It's great for beginner "Graphic designers" because it simplifies some photoshop elements that are hard to understand and it's very easy to use. I love to use it on the go because it has tablet compatible apps so I can use it on my Ipad.

What do you dislike?

That it is a bit pricey, almost like photoshop so there's not a lot of difference in price between the two applications. Also is limiting, if you know how to use some more advanced features that photoshop has to offer

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't think you'll use a lot of the other features in Photoshop (more advanced, etc.) I would get photoshop elements because it has the basics and is easy to use!

For making marketing materials - making ads, graphics, and resizing photographs especially when you're not an experienced graphic designer, it really comes in handy because almost anyone can easily learn how to use the tools.

Photoshop Elements review by Angela C.
Field Investigator
Internet

"Just the Basics"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is a solid piece of software for its intended purpose - basic photo editing. It’s not Photoshop, which has a huge number of applications and uses that do not have to be related to photography, like 3D design functions and painting elements. You won’t get those things with Photoshop Elements - just the basic cropping and adjustments options.,

What do you dislike?

This software is simply not appropriate for my needs. I need the advanced editing options Lightroom offers, and tools like the paintbrushes and magic wand selection tool Photoshop offers.

Photoshop Elements is my mobile quick edit software. Sometimes I work away from the office (a whole lot), so I need to edit basic promotional photos on the go. Nothing fancy -,Photoshop Elements is perfect for this.

Photoshop Elements review by Sidney Cherie H.
Writing and Editing

"Elements is One of My Favorites"

What do you like best?

Elements turns around the feeling many novice photo editors have; editors can go from feeling overwhelmed with effects to feeling confident that they can make an image they're proud of. As a freelance photographer, I find the guided edits a life saver. The organizer application also allows me to group my photos and make the stack of editing work easier to tackle.

What do you dislike?

I do wish I had easier access to post my new edited photos to various social media and cloud sharing applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a novice in photo editing, this is a great software that is less intimidating than some of it's competitors.

I work as a freelance photographer for social media; I often need to make high-quality, quick edits and I find that I can edit confidently with Elements.

Photoshop Elements review by Kerianne O.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"A great way to introduce Adobe software to a newbie"

What do you like best?

The limited amount of functions to not overwhelm someone just starting out with graphic design/photo editing. This software was perfect for when I was learning graphic design in high school and was able to download elements for free on my personal computer at home. I definitely became more advanced being able to access the software at home as well as in school. Adobe does have student discounts for college students, but I think with the technology being found more and more in high schools, they should really re-think how to also offer them some type of deal.

What do you dislike?

That there's no use for it for someone more advance in Photoshop. It's a tool that you will use for a year or less, and eventually move on to bigger, better things. It would be interesting if this was a staple software in the adobe suite that had needed functions that other products did not have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to help you jump into a new career/hobby as a graphic designer, photo editor, etc. But after becoming more skilled in this product - you will need to eventually upgrade to Photoshop.

I don't think elements is used in business at all. I think of it used in schools and for personal use. The benefits of using it in schools is that it gives a great way to start out in the design field. Personal use is great because it is cheap and has enough functionality to do basic things.