Personal Capital Financial Software Reviews & Product Details

Founder/CEO
Entertainment
What do you like best?

I'd used a couple of different aggregates in the past, both of which were offered through one of the banks I use. Those aggregates got me turned on to the idea of being to take a look at my whole financial picture at one time, but I always found they were a little lacking in what kind of information was offered. That's when I started looking for a third party aggregate and found Personal Capital. I could not be happier. Not only can you link practically any financial account you have to see your net worth, but there are also tools you can use to help you manage your finances - you can set a spending goal or limit, keep on track with your retirement contributions and planning, and others. I'm not kidding when I say it gives you a total outlook on your complete financial picture. It's excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Two things:

One of the previous aggregates I used not only allowed me to link financial accounts but also rewards and points accounts. That was really great to be able to see along with my financial accounts. It would be great if Personal Capital added that as well. I realize that they focus on finances but it would still be nice to see alongside my financial accounts.

Secondly, I realize that this tool is offered for free as a way of obtaining clients for their financial advising. Personal Capital has a financial advisor contact you to see if you'd like to utilize their services. Contacting someone once to see if they're interested in moving their holdings over to their platform is perfectly acceptable. But after that I feel like there shouldn't be too much pressure to convince someone to use their services. It can sometimes come across as too strong in my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a great aggregate to keep an eye on your overall financial picture then you'd be hard-pressed to find something better than Personal Capital. Just be prepared to be contacted every so often about their financial advising services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to stay appraised of both my personal and business finances and get a clear outlook of where they are. Multiple charts and graphs allow me to take a look at historical data and transactions in one location. It makes it easy to not have to bounce around between the websites of individual financial institutions, thus saving time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Personal Capital Financial Software Overview

What is Personal Capital Financial Software?

Financial tools dashboard to monitor your net worth, manage your investment portfolio.

Personal Capital Financial Software Details

Personal Capital
Answer a few questions to help the Personal Capital Financial Software community
Have you used Personal Capital Financial Software before?

Personal Capital Financial Software Reviews

Showing 3 Personal Capital Financial Software reviews
Already have Personal Capital Financial Software?
What do you like best?

Focus on investment side with breakdown of your current portfolios, it also provides management for a fee and a checking account. Recommend this product for:

High-net-worth investors.

Hands-off investors.

Tax optimization.

Free financial management tools.

Access to human financial advisors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It wasn't clear if they will ever sell customer data but I got a lot of calls from the management side Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Investment Checkup is limited and may or may not provide a full picture of your financial situation and/or goals. But I found it super usefully relatively compared to a human advisor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Seeing the breakdown of my portfolio, balancing risk by having X-ray view on the fund performance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal
What do you like best?

I have used the top personal finance software for over twenty years. I switched to this app two years ago and have never looked back. It is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a lot of things wrong with this app. It maintains your general accounts, even though it is primarily an investment app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great software app for your small business and personal finance considerations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This app allows me to evaluate my business and personal assets in a very complete manner. I am able to review my finances on the go. This includes both on my mobile phone and computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
Financial Services
What do you like best?

I love how I can sign into my Personal Capital dashboard, do a few refreshes (if I haven't signed in for 6 months or so) and see exactly how I'm dong financially -- my net worth, assets, liabilities, portfolio performance, how many fees I'm paying for my portfolio, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They could add my credit score, that would be cool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I advise people on their finances, and I LOVE telling them to associate all their accounts to this software so that they can get some free financial management and make better decisions about their money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are not enough reviews of Personal Capital Financial Software for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Joist Logo
Joist
3.9
Create estimates, send invoices, manage projects, and record payments from your iPad, iPhone, Android, and the web.
MicroAcquire Logo
MicroAcquire
4.9
MicroAcquire helps startups find buyers. Simple as that. We’ll help you start conversations that lead to an acquisition. Free. Private. No middlemen.
HomeBudget Logo
HomeBudget
4.0
HomeBudget is an expense tracker designed to help you budget, track and possibly control your monthly expenses at home. HomeBudget provides an integrated set of features to help you manage your expenses and cash flow.
Accounting CS Logo
Accounting CS
3.5
Accounting CS puts your write-up, trial balance, payroll compliance, and client accounting software on a single platform, creating powerful connections between clients, information, and applications.
MoneyGuidePro Logo
MoneyGuidePro
Named the top choice of financial planning software for eight straight years, according to Financial Planning Magazine's annual survey. Why? We make financial planning engaging for the client.
Simple Logo
Simple
With Simple, you get a stylish Simple Visa Card, no surprise fees, and powerful budgeting and savings tools built right into your account all accessible via web, iPhone, and Android.
LendingClub Logo
LendingClub
3.1
Lending Club is an online credit marketplace, using technology to lower the cost of the traditional banking system.
Covisum Social Security Timing Logo
Covisum Social Security Timing
4.7
Social Security Timing will help you expertly streamline the complexities of Social Security into powerful solutions that will maximize client trust and satisfaction.
Workplace Logo
Workplace
Workplace is the leading SaaS platform for compliance and productivity enablement for the wealth management industry.
Square Deposits Logo
Square Deposits
4.9
Fast deposits come standard. When you take a payment with Square, you get your money in your bank account in one to two business days. Unlike with many other payment processors, this comes standard—no extra fees required.