PerformYard

PerformYard

Simple Performance Management. Straightforward and flexible for HR. Transparent and painless for employees.

Work for PerformYard?

Learning about PerformYard?

PerformYard Reviews

Ask PerformYard a Question
PerformYard review by Dr. Jason R.
Dr. Jason R.

"A flexible and powerful software"

What do you like best?

PerformYard has allowed us to customize our process to fit our needs. We had lofty goals for providing feedback, and it keeps us on-track.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve. The UI could likely use some tweaks to make it more intuitive, but, overall, it works great for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do a demo, They do a great job showcasing the product.

We are providing much more consistent praise and constructive feedback for our employees. We are also getting the feedback from our customers in an easier and more effective manner.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about PerformYard
Showing 85 PerformYard reviews
PerformYard review by John M.
John M.

"Yearly Performance Review"

What do you like best?

Easy of use of Perform Yard made the process easy for sure. The dashboard is laid out nicely to know what tasks are left. The forms themselves are easy to set up and fill out for employees and managers. Overall the product has been smooth sailing for us.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, all of the features work well for me. The one minor complaint I have is the lack of color. Maybe it is just our organization's setup, but the white and black is drab. Some pop of color would help to spruce the page up aesthetically. Otherwise, Performyard is a great service in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using PerformYard for anyone considering it. Unless there is some sort of in-house software being used, PerformYard seems to be the best tool on the market for consumer use.

No problems are being solved. We are just using this to digitize our annual reviews. There are no benefits yet from this. Hopefully we can begin to use PerformYard for additional tasks within our business but we currently do not use it for anything other than reviews.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about PerformYard
PerformYard review by Emily P.
Emily P.

"So Far, So Great!"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface - the adoption rate for PerformYard was instantaneous, because it was similar to so many platforms we currently use. It's clean, contemporary and very easy-to-use. I like that we have a dedicated Customer Success Manager (Lauren!) who is always available for my plethora of questions. I like the reporting functionality and the capabilities to customize employee profiles. What I felt PerformYard succeeded in was overall functionality and customization of the platform.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far - PerformYard seems very receptive to feedback on items we'd perhaps like to see in the future and are always making updates! I would love to see the Org. Chart feature laid out a few different ways (currently just laid out vertically), but I think the Org. Chart alone is a helpful section to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The one thing I recommend doing for all performance management systems is doing your due diligence. We checked out a few other systems (Review Snap, Culture Amp and Lattice), but ultimately decided Perform Yard was the best fit for a number of reasons (cost, ease of use, customer service, customization, features, etc.) We also checked references and spoke with clients similar to us who were able to attest to their experience, which Perform Yard was willing and ready to provide!

Automating performance reviews (they were paper-based forms previously), increasing frequency of feedback beyond twice a year with check-ins, ability to easily track performance throughout the year through notes tracked in the system.

What Performance Management solution do you use?

PerformYard review by Christine R. M.
Christine R. M.

"First Time Digital Reviews!"

What do you like best?

We are coming from a manual paper process. We love the digital concept and tracking abilities that we now have using PerformYard!

What do you dislike?

This is a new process for us; we have not come across any negatives at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have found that PerformYard is a great way for our employees and managers to interact. We have transitioned from an annual (paper) review process. This allows us to have more check-ins with employees to track progress where they are for the year: meeting goals, anticipating needs, assign training, etc. The ability to assign and track goals is very easy to do.

The ability to have stored reviews and interactions. With paper, things get lost or "misplaced"...now we are able to document and have a historical tracker of all of our employee/manager interactions.

PerformYard review by Tavi M.
Tavi M.

"Excellent service with Lauren!!"

What do you like best?

The success of our implementation depended upon the ease of usage and level of support. Lauren was there every step of the way and was a great teacher. She allowed us as much time as possible to learn and provided specific step by step tools for us to review.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I specifically dislike. The email to open another screen sometimes is vague and easy for people to ignore. I don't know as there is anything we can do about that.

Our firm is growing and so is the level of accountability for everyone in the organization. This program allows us to set SMART goals that can be implemented alone or as part of a team. We can easily track how close we are to meeting our strategic goals as a company, department, team or individuals. It has also allowed everyone to "step up" their game and have impact over their own performance and promotions.

PerformYard review by User

"Easy to Use and Clean Design"

What do you like best?

The design is very intuitive. The layout of the pages makes it easy to find what you're looking for. I love the goal tools.

What do you dislike?

It can be cumbersome completing reviews. Having to pull each goal separately into the form seems like an unnecessary process. I understand that a manager may not want to include every goal in that particular review. It may make more sense to populate all goals into the form and managers can deselect the goals they don't want to include.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PerformYard allows collaboration between all levels of staff. Career progression is not the sole responsibility of the manager. Employees can enter their own goals. Team mates can provide feedback and reviews for each other. Check-ins and 1:1's are more fun. Updating goals and watching the progress chart update is a satisfying feeling.

Parts of my team operate remotely. This program allows us to collaborate on goals and progress even when we're unable to meet face-to-face.

PerformYard review by Administrator in Investment Banking
Administrator in Investment Banking

"Working our way to a culture-focused, positive environment..."

What do you like best?

PerformYard helped our quickly-growing team provide more consistent, necessary, and VERY MUCH desired feedback. In my opinion, this is one of the most important things a firm can semi-easily give an employee. It's so important to help someone learn, grow, and give them the opportunity to succeed; and PerformYard got us about 20 steps closer to the continuing initiative.

What do you dislike?

I would say the system can be a tad limited, although I understand the majority of these limitations come from keeping customers from trying to do too much and digging themselves a hole (so thank you for helping to pull us in and keep us focused). But, my BIGGEST request/suggestion is to allow multiple-choice questions with MULTIPLE selected answers (ie: select all that apply)... this is something MANY of our questions need, rather than using open-ended or multi-line answer options (as there's no way to turn that information into data).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Listen to the directions support/representatives give you... they're an excellent source to use, as to not try to do too much right-off-the-bat. I see a lot of companies start huge and they lose control of the systems, then their efforts become a negative, bad-tasting initiative to the team members.

PerformYard review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Great choice for an effective but simple way to implement online reviews."

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity, yet detailed way PerformYard presents itself to our employees. It's fool proof in the fact that you can't really mess anything up - we had various changes throughout our first review launch with the system and I found it very easy to be able to go back and change something or delete it out. I love the ability to reach out to an actual person when we needed to troubleshoot or just had a simple system question. My absolute favorite thing about PerformYard is that there are automatic emails that get pushed out, eliminating a lot of time we used to spend collecting reviews back from employees, though it did not eliminate all company reminder emails. I also love that managers don't have to reach out to get a copy of reviews. They are saved right there in the system and they can access them anytime. Also, the feedback feature and being able to note things throughout the year and save them!

What do you dislike?

I disliked the random system updates in the middle of our reviews. For example: the dual view originally didn't have the red and green label sides. Before you were able to click into any review first, it didn't matter if you were editing that one or not. It's certainly not a complaint, but it was something I had to explain when employees were figuring out how to launch dual view. I also did not like that we couldn't bulk edit anything that was already "launched". Considering this was our first time with the software, we had a lot of changes and tweaks. It would have been a lot easier to bulk edit some things instead of going into 167 individual profiles and editing that way/deleting the entire cycle and relaunching.

I think we are still running into the same issues with having to chase managers down to complete reviews. While the emails from PerformYard certainly took out a lot of the extra leg work, I still needed to send company wide email reminders.

Benefits were the that we eliminated some manual spreadsheets and printing of paper. Save the trees!

PerformYard review by Brandi E.
Brandi E.

"Performance Review Transformation"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the product is to use and modify as we evolve our processes. Our intent was to transition from a cumbersome and generic paper based annual performance appraisal to a more frequent and meaningful conversation focused performance process. This was the first year of our experience of our team was positive.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we have to complete form templates prior to launching a process. Would prefer a bit more flexibility here. But we are able to get what we need done so its not really a barrier just a personal preference.

See above. We went from a paper based process annually to a quarterly feedback process where team members where getting more meaningful feedback and more timely. Other bonus features were the org chart, company goal visibility and peer recognition features which the team loves.

PerformYard review by David H.
David H.

"I like how Perform Yard keeps track of any incidents the employees do."

What do you like best?

How simple it is to create a review. When one of my representatives are on their cell phone its is very simple to create a written warning by way of review. I also like how you can do multiple goals at once and then edit.

What do you dislike?

I have no dis-likes with Perform Yard. It really is a great tool to use in the work place.

The business problems that I am solving is it keeps the employees on their toes as to where they are in terms of a write up. So there are no guessing anymore. The main benefit is the employees are aware of their mistakes.

PerformYard review by Melissa P.
Melissa P.

"Most user friendly performance review site ever! "

What do you like best?

How easy it is to set up a review cycle, send it out, have our employees fill it out and track who is complete and still needs to finish.

What do you dislike?

Once you push out a review cycle, you cannot change the date for it to be due globally instead of going in one by one to change it. Same goes with changing if the reviewer needs to sign off first or the employee does. Not a huge deal but being able to do it once vs 50 times would be so much better.

How long it takes us to go through our review cycle. Its so much faster now.

PerformYard review by Dr. LeAnn C.
Dr. LeAnn C.

"Director of Finance and Human Resources"

What do you like best?

The cascading goals tree was a feature I found most useful to our organization. This feature allows us to link individual and department level goals to organization-wide goals and provides a visual for us to see how well we align. Set up was very easy and allows us to track goals in progress.

What do you dislike?

PerformYard is a new tool we are in the process of implementing. Like any new tool, there is a learning curve. However, our account representative is extremely helpful and has been able to answer all of our questions quickly and easily.

We wanted a tool to help with goal setting and alignment. We also wanted a way to track goal achievement. We think this product will help us better understand where we spending our time and resources.

PerformYard review by Audrey R.
Audrey R.

"Intuitive & Flexible"

What do you like best?

We can use the system any way we need - there's a lot of functionality that's organized in a simple way. We looked at 8-10 different tools and my focus groups loved the look of PerformYard best. My employees love that they can't make a mistake - just about anything you do in the tool is changeable and it will track those changes to maintain accountability - a must have in an agile environment.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see the tool implement more functionality for a matrix organization - it's currently limited to a traditional org chart or hierarchy and we've struggled a bit with finding workarounds that benefit our cross-functional teams. We'd love to have our team leaders engage in performance management with their team members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for organizations with departments that enjoy autonomy in the style with which they use supervise their people.

We're using PerformYard to solve the problems we have with employees not understanding how performance influences their pay and prompting performance discussions more often so that feedback and pay decisions don't come as a surprise at the end of a year. The goal tree has shown us just how matrixed of an organization we truly are and prompting great conversations on the way we're structured and improvements we can make to operations. We've been using PerformYard for less than a year so our organization is still acclimating to the drastic change from a paper-based tool used once a year to a cloud-based tool used at least 3 times a year so we have some time before we realize other benefits.

PerformYard review by Wendy B.
Wendy B.

"LA Conservation Corps & PerformYard"

What do you like best?

I like that all of our performance management tools can be found in one place and that goals and past reviews can be easily tracked in each employee's profile.

What do you dislike?

So far, our only constructive feedback has to do with employees who switch supervisors; to ensure that the right supervisor completes their review, we need to manually enter that person's info. if the new sup. has been updated in the employee's profile.

We want employees to have a clear understanding of the expectations, competencies and desired results associated with their roles. PerformYard allows us to track all of these simply, by employee, in one place.

PerformYard review by Justin C.
Justin C.

"Great tool for Performance Management"

What do you like best?

My experience with setup and implementation was excellent. My Customer Success Manager was outstanding, very responsive and helped customize our rollout to accommodate a quick implementation.

I love being able to view a dashboard to see our progress on getting evaluations completed. I like the review and sign-off process. I am excited to start using the goal setting functionality.

What do you dislike?

Website can still be a little glitchy here and there. Very difficult to do on mobile devices. Would prefer an app or better mobile optimization

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before implementing any sort of Performance Management System, it is important to have buy-in from your managers. Also, don't try to implement in 2 weeks. If you need to, PerformYard will make it work, but trust me, you don't want to do that to yourself.

We are using PerformYard for performance management along with goal-setting. We initially rolled it out just in time for our annual review process only, so we are just digging into the goal setting functionality.

One of the most immediate benefits was being able to track progress on Self-Evaluations and Employee Evaluations. As the HR Leader, I was also able to review Employee Evaluations and provide feedback to managers in order to make the evaluations more specific.

Our next problem to solve will be driving goal-setting throughout our organization. We also plan to set goals specific to training, and use PerformYard as a method of tracking training.

PerformYard review by Jasmine R.
Jasmine R.

"Great Product, Great Relationship!"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use, and the team was amazing to work with to help implement the software into the organization. They have also provided continuous support as well.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing that I do not like about the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always do your research before considering going with a new system or vendor.

By using PerformYard, I have been able to better our performance review process here in the organization. I have allowed for a much easier process, much easier system, and the feedback that I have received from staff and managers has been great so far.

PerformYard review by Tia R.
Tia R.

"PerformYard has met our performance management needs, and has been readily adopted by our employees."

What do you like best?

PerformYard is "intuitive" -- it is easy to navigate and simple to use. It encourages dynamic coaching via status reports (monthly check-ins), allows for documentation, and adds a social media flavor with a "feed" for employees to provide each other shout-outs.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could integrate with our payroll system, but we have found work-arounds such as creating a work-flow that provides notification to our payroll administrator any time an employee's pay or status changes in PerformYard.

Annual reviews were not providing our employees the coaching and mentoring that we wanted. PerformYard allows supervisors who like to give frequent feedback that opportunity, and allows for employees to take control of their communications with their supervisors. For those supervisors with few employees, or who do not use the system often, it is user-friendly and they can navigate PerformYard without much experience or assistance from HR.

PerformYard review by Chad H.
Chad H.

"Great Experience, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Customer support is probably one of the best I have had from an HR SaaS provider. Issues and problems are solved quickly. The software is easy to use, I was able to navigate my way through it from the beginning with ease. I think the thing I like the best is that our employees and managers like using PerformYard.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing huge that I dislike, there are a few minor things that would be nice to haves not currently available which would make it easier as an administrator.

We are using PerformYard for quarterly coaching/feedback. We went from a complex and time consuming process to one that is quick and efficient.

PerformYard review by Kathy W.
Kathy W.

"Very happy with PerformYard platform and support!"

What do you like best?

We've been using PerformYard "live" with our staff for about 4 1/2 months--we love it. Gone are the days of the clunky paper evaluation that got filed in personnel folder and forgotten. We have real-time access to goals, public recognition and accountability to circle back on things from evaluations. We're going through our first annual review using the platform and managers are loving the experience. User friendly and available ALL THE TIME for staff/managers to access and update.

What do you dislike?

We're only 4 1/2 months into using it, so we're figuring out how to best utilize the features to "work for us" --the system is easy, but we're probably using 1/2 of what it can do so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's helpful to have a plan of where you want to go and forms you want to implement so that you're ready for the implementation phase. We were completing org cor values at the same time as implementation so we will need to go back and update the evaluation forms to match those added values, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Ask for samples of what other orgs have done or how things are being used. It's hard to know what you don't know. :)

PerformYard review by User

"PerformYard has helped our organization streamline the evaluation process."

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about PerformYard is how it centralized our evaluation process and goal setting and monitoring progress in one easy to use application. The dashboard feature is also an excellent tool to manage goals and required activities.

What do you dislike?

So far my experience with PerformYard has been very positive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the moment I do not have any significant recommendations to other users. Perhaps as I gain more experience with the platform I can share some feedback.

Our organization was looking to change our evaluation and goal setting and tracking process. PerfornYard was an ideal solution for our organization. The platform was very flexible in that it allowed us to customize evaluations to meet our needs and it also provided an effective platform for setting and tracking progress towards annual goals.

PerformYard review by Jenna C.
Jenna C.

"We love PerformYard!"

What do you like best?

PerformYard has made our performance review process super streamlined and easy, both on the admin side and the employee side. It's so user-friendly, and I have all good things to say so far.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a few more things that the admins can edit - ex. the content in the PerformYard notification emails, and the final look of the review forms.

Our process has become much more efficient due to PerformYard and PerformYard has been saving us so much time. Employees are loving the dual-view function, along with the ability to use it on their mobile device.

"Best implementation ever!"

What do you like best?

The best part of the process was the implementation and support provided by the customer service person. Laura is the best. She did much of the heavy lifting in the background based on documents we submitted at the beginning. Questions were answered promptly either in person or via email. The way in which the basic form can be duplicated and easily modified is a great asset of the program. The way in which the goals roll up to corporate goals is awesome. Implementation & Support are the best ever.

What do you dislike?

Everything about Perform Yard met expectations. Several vendors were considered, Perform Yard was chosen easily over the others. The only criticism has been the need for a 1-on-1 performance management component to dovetail into the quarterly review process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy. Simple. Intuitive. Flexible. It works.

A small business needed a simple online solution to managing employee performance. The program was adopted by all employees and managers as a big improvement over the use of paper performance review forms. Deployment is simple. Management of the process is easy. Reports and analytics are clear and effective.

PerformYard review by Selena M.
Selena M.

"Happy Customer!"

What do you like best?

PerformYard's features have complimented and benefited my company's needs. It provides the flexibility needed to align with our performance management strategies and procedures. The PerformYard team is friendly and always ready to assist. They are open to hearing our advice and taking action on improvements that we feel could make the system even more effective.

What do you dislike?

The additional features that we have requested such as the platform being able to have more of a social media feel, is something that PerformYard has been receptive to and is working to achieve. However, PerformYard satisfies the base need of managing performance and is a flexible system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend PerformYard to companies that have a need for basic performance management. The evaluation workflow and process is simple and you can cater it to your needs.

PerformYard has enabled us house all performance related information in one place. This makes it easier for managers during the evaluation process and when providing ongoing feedback because all information for the employee is accessible from one location. The PerformYard reminders to managers are helpful as well.

PerformYard review by Whitney D.
Whitney D.

"PerformYard Review "

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed the customer support that we had while getting set up with PerformYard. If we had any questions, Lauren was quick to help us out. She also gave us exceptional training on the platform. We love the platform in general due to the specific nature of our performance reviews. The organization tree is also a major benefit.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have is that it seems like there are many steps in order to post a review and you have to go into too many areas to create the review. It would be nice if there were less steps.

We have never had a performance management system in place before which is great. We also really enjoy that employees have more transparency into company-wide goals that the company holds.

PerformYard review by LaLonie  S.
LaLonie S.

"Great platform to keep on track of goals"

What do you like best?

I love that you can create team goals, and personal goals. Easy to track and update as you progress. Frequent emails to keep you reminded to update those goals.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't found anything that had me consider to dislike the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perform Yard is a easy to use product for small and large teams.

We are using this product mostly for the personnel review process. We have also found it helpful to keep and manage goals both team and personal throughout the year.

PerformYard review by Valerie W.
Valerie W.

"Fabulous partnership to customize the platform to meet SERA's collaborative culture!"

What do you like best?

Great partnership with Lauren Staley in customizing Performyard to reflect SERA's collaborative culture! The tool is very flexible to allow for unique forms, customized workflows and innovative features to enable continuous, real-time feedback. The goal feature is another positive! The graphic display showing goal progress, the daily reminders and the built-in visibility to studio leaders/managers will help keep us accountable and delivering on commitments. The easy navigation and visually pleasing portal of Performyard align well with our design-focused culture!

What do you dislike?

Currently, Performyard was no ability to customize notifications. Having the ability to tell a staff member who they have been selected for a 360/Peer review or whose review is due would be a nice add

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool allows tremendous flexibility for different cultures and approaches.

Performyard allows us to consolidate, streamline and automate our current paper-heavy process. We’ve been able to integrate common core competencies, individual job responsibilities, goals, performance ratings, 360/Peer reviews and 1:1 Check-In into one system. This will help us achieve our goal to make the review/continuous feedback process easier and more meaningful for staff.

PerformYard review by Administrator

"Great System and very user friendly."

What do you like best?

I like that the system is easy to use and requires very little setup time to be up and running.

What do you dislike?

Until I became familiar with the system I found some areas of the software to be hard to find where to do a certain thing, such as reopening reviews and or making changes to the reviews. Once I had more training it was an easy thing to get done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the product as it is easy to setup and the training is excellent from the company and they are very quick in any issues or questions you have or need help with. Lauren Staley was the best at training me on the system and was quick about answering any and all of my questions.

We are solving the issue of getting away from excel spreadsheets to do our reviews and moving to a system where everything is streamlined and the the time to do the reviews has been cut in half.

PerformYard review by Alexa M.
Alexa M.

"Very easy to use and easy to set up on the back end"

What do you like best?

I like how we are able to make any changes to the forms ones they are launched

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the notifications are only weekly. I think if there was a way to pick weekly, daily, or custom, would be really helpful. Also have the ability to edit the content in the emails.

We are realizing that the Check-In forms that we set up are more valuable than an annual review. The managers are really embracing the constant communication with employees by using the Check-In form.

PerformYard review by Kelly  V.
Kelly V.

"Keeps Everyone On Task!"

What do you like best?

I can keep everyone on task and get the reviews done efficiently and with minimal effort. I don't have to chase down paper reviews anymore. PreformYard does that for me.

What do you dislike?

That I can't modify the looks of the final report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up and use is very easy. This program really keeps the review process moving and on schedule.

Employees are happy with the reviews staying on schedule. This program also helps with keeping communication open between HR and management.

PerformYard review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Great Support - Good Product!"

What do you like best?

Our Customer Success Manager - Lauren - was amazing. She worked as a seamless extension of our in-house team and guided us through every step of the implementation. The product content is solid and the interface intuitive. There are a few smaller areas that can improve, but nothing too significant.

What do you dislike?

The Goal section of the tool does not allow assigning weights to ones goals upfront. As a result, each goal is equally weighted when viewing the progress chart in the goal section. The weights can be added later during the performance review stage (which is not very intuitive).

We are rolling-out a new Employee Performance Management System including goal setting and formalized reviews. Over time we will increase the review frequency and are striving to have more of a real-time feedback loop for our employees.

PerformYard review by Sheetal C.
Sheetal C.

"Performance Management "

What do you like best?

We were looking for a performance management system to go live in about 2 weeks time. Performyard had been on the radar for some time and we went with it. Performyard made it happen with in 2 weeks time. We were able to be set up and able to use the system in the time frame we wanted to do so. Lauren was awesome with the implementation and support. She "held our hand" every step of the way and was there for any questions and responded very quickly via email or phone.

What do you dislike?

Have been using performyard for a couple of months now so nothing to dislike so far

We wanted to put in a performance management system where we can set up quarterly reviews. Year end review was a start and hope to go through with the mid year reviews going forward.

PerformYard review by Deb K.
Deb K.

"VP of Human Resources - My team implemented PerformYard"

What do you like best?

Product is great. Company understood our industry, and Lauren Staley was phenomenal to work with. Lauren worked great with my team and I. She was knowledgeable, responsive, and patient.

What do you dislike?

Group Admins did not have full access and notifications can not be customizable.

Access, approvals, etc. are done with ease. Benefits that were realized is that we have a system in place that everyone can use. Already recommended it to another Govt Contractor (same size as Sabre).

PerformYard review by Dan W.
Dan W.

"PerformYard software and support has been great!"

What do you like best?

We needed to implement the software in a short time window and Lauren and Jon were extremely responsive and helpful. The software is easy, intuitive, web based, and the staff and management has used it with minimal questions and issues.

What do you dislike?

Since our organization shares staff across multiple managers and this created a little bit of an issue when multiple supervisors were utilized to author forms or provide feedback. We wanted to give access to the review forms to more than one supervisor (some forms were only viewable by one person). This slowed us down a little when those without access to a certain form wanted to read what the employee or another supervisor wrote. We did work around it and it may be something the team can change in the future.

This sped up the more manual review process, kept everything in one place. It also enabled us to collaborate with other supervisors in other locations on a real time basis. Even though we implemented this after we typically start our process, I think we finished before we typically do. We are also able to gather feedback from firm-wide questions in one easy report.

PerformYard review by Dr. Jason R.
Dr. Jason R.

"A flexible and powerful software"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do a demo, They do a great job showcasing the product.

PerformYard review by Jared W.
Jared W.

"Very easy to use and able to leave feedback fast"

What do you like best?

The main dashboard is very helpful. Able to navigate to other sections very easily. Also, any to do's/updates are clearly visible and provide next steps.

What do you dislike?

UI Font is kind of small. It's not too bad, but it may be helpful to have certain sections in larger font (example: To Do's and updates sections).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes it easy to have all feedback/reviews in one central system.

Employee performance reviews and feedback for other collegues

PerformYard review by Daniela B.
Daniela B.

"Great System"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and custom features such as documents, goals and to dos.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of at the moment. So far I really enjoy the system.

We are using Performyard as a Performance Management System strictly for goal setting. We are able to set goals for direct reports and have those cascade down. There are several nice features of Performyard that we really like using.

"So far, so good!"

What do you like best?

It 's very user friendly for those who aren't necessarily "tech-savvy" which was a big help for our organization as many of our employees fall into that category. From an employer standpoint it's very easy to create and send out surveys/evaluations which is mostly how we choose to use it. Email alerts from PerformYard when certain things need to be done is a nice feature as sometimes there's just too much to remember/monitor alone. Our favorite part of PerformYard is being able to send external surveys to our customers- a very simple way to get feedback on our staff and company.

What do you dislike?

This really isn't a big deal but it is something we wish was different. When sending out our customer feedback survey to external users, we can't format the message that goes along with it at all. We have a template that we use which explains to the end user what this survey is and why they're receiving it. They get the message right in the email that contains the link to the survey. It would be nice to be able to break these messages into paragraphs, and possibly even be able to bold/italicize words within it. Right now it sends as just one, long paragraph.

Part of our review process includes the employees completing self-evaluations. We really wanted to increase our participation with that as many members of our team would refuse to complete theirs. After implementing PerformYard our participation went up from about 50% to 90%

PerformYard review by Claudia  G.
Claudia G.

"HR "

What do you like best?

All the features it provides, real time reports and being paperless online anyone can have access at anytime and the goals completion is a good visual for the employees and employer as well as the message center and agency wide goals. Customer service was great at the beginning and still continue to help during implementations always willing to help and understand their clients. Also, very good at doing meetings for managers at the initial setup and sending the materials.

What do you dislike?

At time platform can be confusing, sometime you need to take couple steps to delete a goal its user friendly but at the same time employees get confused and need additional steps to solve a issue.

Online evaluations

PerformYard review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Wouldn't be without it"

What do you like best?

The additional service and training was great! What I really appreciate are the review features. This supports quick check-ins to a comprehensive CEO 360 Feedback processes that even our board members participated in.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that would be useful. Like making all reviews 'visible' at a certain time, as opposed to right away or manually changing their visibility. The reporting is great, but you cannot realise the benefit until you have a reasonable amount of data in the system over a period of time. There are also some features that the platform doesn't have - but it is a single use platform, fantastic for reviews and goals.

It streamlined out performance processes, made OKRs a snap, and is incredibly fast and easy to manage.

PerformYard review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Ideal for performance reviews in labor managed agency"

What do you like best?

The portal itself, its very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the system is not capable of informing us when a review is due without someone here initiating the review notification process, it would be nice that once provided the data that somehow the system would notify the hiring manager that John Doe's review is due, we (HR) have to initiate the review notification process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very easy system to use, problem free set up, and very simple to use.

Accountability, note tracking; you can access the portal and enter notes on your staff that can be used at the time of the review. This portal is helping us help the Managers have more accessible review process.

PerformYard review by peter  b.
peter b.

"Performance Management "

What do you like best?

Ability to customize our employee performance review process( forms) and then to create feedback features that are tied to employee goals. We are striving to move toward a culture of continuous performance management through continuous feedback.

What do you dislike?

I am still learning how to use all the features on the system. It is more my learning curve and time on task that has slowed my overall usage. When acting as the administrator I can't easily view how an individual manager is seeing their information.

Setting goals for continuous performance. We are also trying to use the feature of storing and sending docs for employees to document

PerformYard review by Administrator

"Lauren Staley makes this tool easy to use and effective for our groups needs."

What do you like best?

The service from Lauren Staley has been outstanding. She knows the tool and how to coach someone through it easily and effectively. I have a lot of new programs to learn to set up all our HR benefits, etc. This one I feel confident I'll be able to grasp because of her knowledge, skill and ability to communicate it so well. I'm very comfortable working with her - she's a great asset!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far I'm just getting used to setting up all our staff, LM's names and setting up their mid year reviews which aren't done yet by the staff. I'll know more in 30 days.

We are a consulting group and have mid yr and annual reviews but more importantly, project reviews by individual, groups and various customers. We needed something flexible that wasn't tied only to their Line Manager or Direct Supervisor only.

PerformYard review by Administrator

"Great product, great team"

What do you like best?

The look and feel, which is modern, friendly, and engaging.

What do you dislike?

Some of the formatting options on review forms are a little limited, it would be nice to have more control over headers, spacing etc.

We have a remote workforce and an entrepreneurial culture. Historically it's been challenging for line managers and mentors to stay in touch with the team and know what motivates them. PerformYard has allowed us to build a structure for regular check-ins and do so in such a way as to suit our geographically dispersed team.

PerformYard review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great experience with PerformYard "

What do you like best?

PerformYard was customize-able enough to accommodate my company's unique performance review system, something that was hard to find at their competitors. Their support and customer success team is fantastic; I get helpful responses to my questions within a couple of hours.

What do you dislike?

There are some form fields that aren't very useful. It would be great if some of those form fields were able to be customized. Also, it would be helpful to have a way to track and calculate bonuses through PerformYard for companies that use quarterly performance metrics for bonus payouts.

Making our reviews paperless and making it easier to track progress and completion of review cycles.

"PerfromYard = Professional"

What do you like best?

As an employee I enjoy having the free range to add goals for myself and still knowing my supervisor can check up on me and input their opinions as well.

What do you dislike?

I do wish I could adjust my job title myself, but that is not a crucial issue.

I have not seen or heard of any issues within the business. The benefits I have seen is employee's actually taking the time to input goals themselves and being confident enough to give full descriptions of each one.

PerformYard review by Jessica E.
Jessica E.

"We love PerformYard."

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Extremely easy to implement in our company. A perfect solution to performance management.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting features were a little more flexible to customize reports in more ways.

Performance management. Maintaining a robust record of feedback on employees. We plan to implement the HRIS portion and use it for employee personnel file maintenance.

PerformYard review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"PerformYard Online Performance Measurement Workflow/Tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use of the tool. The project manager assigned to us was VERY patient and helpful in helping us set-up our site and develop forms and workflows. We needed remedial assistance :) and she guided us in a way that really lead to a strong outcome.

What do you dislike?

We came from a paper process and implementation team did not have experience with workflow products in the past. It was a bit challenging to understand the way the software works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be comfortable asking questions, have a member of the team that understands databases and workflow.

Increasing efficiency of our performance evaluation process and developing a systematic way to track individual employee performance as it contributes to organizational strategic performance.

PerformYard review by Maggie F.
Maggie F.

"PerformYard is user friendly and cost effective"

What do you like best?

My employees could easily use it and my managers were kept accountable.

What do you dislike?

Some back office stuff is not as easy to know how to do - but the Customer Service makes sure you get what you need

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like previously stated easy to use, great customer service and a very quick roll out.

For SOX purposes we needed an easy online option to do performance reviews that showed manager feedback - this accomplished everything we needed

PerformYard review by Nadia S.
Nadia S.

"Architectural company - great exerience"

What do you like best?

Good interface design (modern, nice and clean), easy to use. User friendly. Very intuitive site interface

What do you dislike?

I don't have an answer for this questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

We use it for planning, self-evaluating, annual reviews. Benefits: a lot of different functions in one place.

PerformYard review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Performyard Feedback"

What do you like best?

We have moved our review process into performyard it allowed us to streamline the process and allows people to review on the go

What do you dislike?

wish there was a way to add additional forms in the review cycle more efficiently

able to populate reviews into scores and rate staff help us make staffing decisions

PerformYard review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Easy to use and fun to track employee goals and progress"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. cloud based so it can be accessed from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The set-up takes a some time to set-up when you have lots of employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was not involved with the pricing and terms noted below so I did not answer those questions.

Allows us to track goals on a daily basis and helps with the annual review as we can look back to see if the employee met all of their goals.

Learn more about PerformYard

PerformYard Videos

Learning about PerformYard?

* We monitor all PerformYard reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.