Peanut Butter Reviews & Product Details

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

The platform is well-designed and easy to use. My account was easy to set up and link to my student loan account. My company allocations are automatically applied to my loan and don't require any management on my end. Peanut Butter also provides great resources for those wanting to learn more about student loans and options to get them paid off or even forgiven. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't encountered anything I haven't liked about the platform yet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think Peanut Butter is one of the best non-traditional company benefits out there. So many people are struggling to pay off large amounts of student debt and this benefit allows companies to invest in their employees and reduce their financial stress. Peanut Butter is allowing me to accelerate paying off my student loans by several months so I can use that money toward more savings and retirement funds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Peanut Butter Overview

What is Peanut Butter?

Peanut Butter helps employers stand-out in the market for talent with Student Loan Assistance. By utilizing Student Loan Resources, companies enable employees to take control of their student debt with a single place to organize their loans, curated debt-reducing tactics, a refinancing marketplace and more. Top employers also leverage Peanut Butter to attract and retain college-educated workers by contributing to employee loans through Student Loan Repayment. Known for ease of use and speed of implementation, Peanut Butter has become a trusted partner to employers of all sizes.

Peanut Butter Details

Peanut Butter administers student loan assistance programs to help employers attract, retain, and engage college-educated talent.

Peanut Butter is an independent benefit administration company build from the ground-up to make it easy for employers to offer Student Loan Assistance. Our singular focus is on the administration of this benefit and making it easy for employers to implement.

Unlike others in the market, many of which are lenders, owned by banks or earn most of their income by distributing loans, Peanut Butter is conflict-free and objective, which allows us to focus on the success of our clients and to provide unbiased financial wellness support for our clients’ employees.

Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Screenshots

Peanut Butter Downloads

Peanut Butter Reviews

Showing 61 Peanut Butter reviews
Already have Peanut Butter?
Project Design Engineer
What do you like best?

It was very easy to set up and monitor, I didn't have any issues the entire time we were working on my loans. I also got an update every time there was a payment, which made it a little more exciting to see the number go down each month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think think there was anything I particularly disliked. I think I would have liked a little more informaiton about what steps to take when my loan was paid off. I did eventually get a message letting me know that things were taken care of but I thought I would have gotten a little more communication just based on the regular notifications I was getting. Overall, this is a "wishful thinking" thing, not completely necessary Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have all the account numbers and authorizations you need when you start, you will never have to deal with issues again. This team takes care of it all! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having Peanut Butter take care of the loan that has followed me around since school was helpful from a stress standpoint. I knew the minimum was getting taken care of every month so it allowed me to budget and flex my spending to either work on the loan or work on other things with a peace of mind Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President of Human Resources
What do you like best?

The implementation process was simple. Ongoing administration takes minutes each month. Peanut Butter handled all of the employee-communications and enrollments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No specific dislikes. We've been very happy with the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Peanut Butter provides our employees with assistance paying-off their student loans. It's a great benefit that has helped our recruiting and retention initiatives! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Peanut Butter website is well designed and easy to use. I set it up quickly and it began working right away. I started seeing the payments show up on my loan statements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was very little communication once everything got started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Peanut Butter helped me to pay off my student loans earlier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Super easy to set up and kept me motivated when I got close to paying off my loan Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I disliked it's a great program! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I paid off my student loan and it has allowed me to start working on other financial concerns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Total Rewards Specialist
What do you like best?

Peanut Butter is one of the most user friendly systems I have ever used. It makes administering this program for our employees a breeze! There are no guessing games, and even if you are unsure or have questions, Dave the owner will provide you with 1:1 training to be sure you are equipped to be successful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was only 1 downside to Peanut Butter that I had come across when first using it. You couldn't load the Terminations, they had to be removed one by one. Once I brought this to Dave's attention, he fixed it and created an uploading process and now you can! Perfect! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great program! Our employees love that we have this perk as part of our Total Rewards Package. It's very easy to administer and requires very little Administrative efforts on a monthly basis. I like how the $ contribution goes straight to the employees student loan, you will not be the middle man! It's a great system and amazing concept! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The way Peanut Butter works, is it helps to take out the day to day hassle of administering a program that really benefits our employees. Our employees love this program and are always excited to participate in it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
What do you like best?

I loved how easy it was to set up peanut butter as a benefit for our employees. As a growing startup, Peanut Butter was quicker, cheaper, and easier to set up than a 401k and it has helped us attract a diverse range of talented folks to our team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's nearly impossible to find anything we dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! It's awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We want to empower as many people to consider working for us and having a student loan repayment benefit not only encourages people to join our team, but empowers them to stay longer as they are getting a more multidimensional offering from us that goes beyond salary, healthcare, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The fact that companies are stepping up to help with the financial crisis of student loans. This is a detrimental dilemma that needs to be addressed and being able to receive assistance with repaying the loans is phenomena. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced any downside of the program. The staff has been very helpful with setting the repayment assistance. The only issue I would comment on is that the monthly payment should increase, but I am assuming that this is the decision of the employer and not Peanut Butter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Continue to grow and expand. This type of assistance is so greatly needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to eliminate student loan deb is a great benefit in many ways. Student loan debt is a huge burden. It appears on the credit report effecting future purchases, has unreasonable monthly payment plans and hinders one from being able to save financially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Total Rewards Manager
What do you like best?

1. Ease of Use 2. Positive EE feedback 3. Amazing Customer Service. I love how I don't have stay on-top of this vendor. Meaning the self-manage and stay on-top of things as promised. Other vendors, require so much managing you almost want to bring it back in-house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. David Aronson takes excellent care of us. I wish all of our vendors were this easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the ease of administration over the price. You'll end up saving money and frustration in the long run by reducing your admin time and dollars. Also David Aronson provides white glove service. It's not just during the sales and implementation phase but on-going as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attracting and retaining top talent by helping to pay off their student loans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

County Auditor
What do you like best?

The program we were setting up through public entities was unique. Peanut Butter was super patient and helpful while we built and launched this one-of-a-kind program. They were also great partners when it came to the launch and promotion of our program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have not yet encountered any issues with Peanut Butter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being a unique program, we were able to work through several issues that included many partners. Peanut Butter was great at listening to what were trying to achieve and making it happen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruitment Coordinator
What do you like best?

I really like how user friendly the site is to navigate. Having a student loan is pretty awful, but Peanut Butter makes it so much! My favorite part of the month is getting the email letting me know how many days I have taken off of my loan. When I was interviewing for my job and they mentioned that student loan assistance was an option I was sold. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there are any downsides- everything has worked really well for me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Peanut Butter is a great selling point for potential new hires for any company. During my interview process I was very excited to hear that this was something that my company was offering. Great selling point! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Impacting my student loans is my #1 priority theses days. Every month and payment counts and I am happy that I have a resource like Peanut Butter helping me out. My company likes to highlight the employees that have recently paid off their student loans with Peanut Butter each quarter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

It's a great benefit to have my employer make a monthly contribution towards my student loan debt. It's easy, automated & (almost) free money! I've continued my regular payments and am now chipping away at more and more principal each month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's worth noting that you are taxed as income on whatever amount your employer contributes towards your loan, but for me, the benefits of the program outweigh this cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The program has allowed me to contribute more overall per month to my loans. I'm paying more principal and will pay off my loans sooner! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

We needed help to start her on her path to paying her own bills, and the Peanut Butter monthly deposit really got her motivated, I was happy that I was able to help her through this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really wish Peanut Butter was able to help my other child, who also is in debt. I am an older father, and I'm being laid off, so any additional help would have been greatly appreciated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think all of the people participating are pleased that our company added this to our benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE MY COMPANY CARES TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR PEOPLE ESPECIALLY IF THE SALARY ISNT THE MOST COMPETITIVE THING IN THE MARKET. IF I WANT MORE MONEY AS A MILLENNIAL IN THE WORKFORCE NOW SADLY MORE THAN HALF OF IT IS SO I CAN TAKE CARE OF RESPONSIBILITES LIKE PAYING OFF MY STUDENT LOAN SO IF I CAN BE OFFERED THAT, I'M GRATEFUL. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

THAT IT GOES STRAIGHT TO THE LOAN LENDER AND CANT BE APPLIED TO A SPECIFIC LOAN. I HAVE TO CALL AND MOVE IT AROUND WITH THE LOAN LENDER MANUALLY EACH TIME. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

HAVING IT IS BETTER THAN NOT HAVING ANYTHING AT ALL Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

COVERING SOME OF THE INTEREST OR PAYING OFF PAYMENTS IN ADVANCED ESPECIALLY WHEN MOST TIMES IM IN DEFERMENT OR FOREBERANCE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources
What do you like best?

Student debt is a major crisis, so offering a way to lower that debt and help pay off you student loans is a huge benefit! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't qualify for the program, but I am so happy for those that do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our employees who are in student loan debt. This is a huge perquisite to offer employees, especially in today's society. To have the weight lifted and have your work investing in paying off your debt shows how much they care and how important you are to the company! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Dean of Faculty
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use Peanut Butter to review loan information. I like the Dashboard feature and the Action List! The "My Loans" tab is great because you can enter in information and see how it impacts the status of your loan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

N/A - Peanut Butter has been easy to use and helpful as I pay down my loans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think that Peanut Butter has helped me realize how I can pay off my student loan faster. The tools on the "My Loans" tabs offer visually helpful graphs and charts that can be used to project the status of my loan based upon specific actions that I may take to reduce the time (and interest paid) on the loan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is such a nice added perk to have on top of all the other generous benefits my employer offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a little difficult to initially set up. There were some initial account connectivity issues, and I was not able to get through on the support phone line. However, when I sent an email I received a prompt response. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has made me feel more supported by my employer, making me fee like the education I worked so hard on is important to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finance Systems and Process Manager
What do you like best?

The customer service has been outstanding. When there was an issue posting to my account, PB was able to troubleshoot and solve the problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet.I have been a user for about six months. So far so good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

From an end user perspective, has been fairly seamless. The only recommendation have is to be sure that you take a look at your student loan account before the first payment to ensue that all your information is updated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit is a hassle free employee perk. As far as I know, this is the first time my company has tried something like this. I feel like it is a win out of the box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Business Manager
What do you like best?

Easy. Everything was easy with Peanut Butter.

Most vendors offer a fancy sales pitch to get you in the door, and once through the door that pitch falls apart. You find the salesmen didn't understand the complex nature of your business, didn't understand your IT and Security requirements, underestimated the Go-Live requirements and timelines, and overestimated the impact on bottom line results.

Peanut Butter is the opposite. We were ready to implement a full 3 months early, THEY completed our extremely laborious and detailed IT and Security Questionnaires, and they were available for support from the time of our business case (a full 1.5 years before we launched and they ever saw a dime from us) to this very day. They want what is best for you and your employees, even if that sometimes means telling you that your gut assumptions are wrong.

Their system is easy. Sign-up is easy. Utilisation is easy. They keep it simple, so you and your employees benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This isn't Peanut Butter's fault, just a confusing aspect of the program. The payment shows up on an employee's paystub, and THEN the next month the funds get sent to their student loan. So out the gate it feels like you are paying out of pocket without getting anything at first.

On top of that, since it is a taxable benefit, employee's take home pay often goes down. A little shocking at first.

Only way to avoid that would possibly be an integration with your Payroll system, and some form of payment made through Peanut Butter automatically when deductions are received. Almost like an ACH transfer through multiple parties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We looked at 3 vendors in total, and Peanut Butter was the clear winner. If you are looking at anyone else, I highly recommend you stop and just move forward with Peanut Butter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are a Bank of over 50% Millennial. College education is expensive and crippling to the younger generations. As a Bank, we need people to have money to be able to deposit it, to get mortgages, and overall use our products and services.

We are both rewarding the hard work of our employees, lessening the stress of their every day lives, and opening the door for them to use our own products and services at a faster rate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Recruitment Advisor- West Coast
What do you like best?

I loved how efficient and easy it was for me to sign up and lock arms with Peanut Butter to help me pay off my Student Loans faster. I have never heard of a company like Peanut Butter before until their organization was introduced to us by our current CEO. I thought the idea was fantastic and wanted to partner immediately. Peanut Butter made it so much easier for me to pay off my loans faster with their monthly contributions. What a great conversation starter as well it has been talking with new/prospective hires we have added to our team over the past year about how awesome of an organization like Peanut Butter is to partner and lock arms with. Very intriguing idea that get people excited to want to work with us since we have such an awesome partner like Peanut Butter! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My bank account did not sink right away with Peanut Butter but after the Technical Support team stepped in and got involved the issue was resolved immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! The company is great, they have outstanding customer service, and their purpose to assist those in debt is amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I did not experience any problems while working with Peanut Butter. The benefit was me just being able to pay off my loan faster! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solutions Consultant
What do you like best?

This was a simple and straightforward process, from start to finish. The user interface is straightforward and simple enough, not a lot of hands-on attention was needed. And the one time I did need to reach out, I had a great experience with customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything was great - there really wasn't a part of the process in signing up, using, and understanding what was happening with my account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My student loan is paid off, which is less stress, which means I have more energy to focus on the things that matter when I'm at work. It's all about balance, and this helped me find more work-life balance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MSR-Lead
Banking
What do you like best?

Peanut Butter was easy to sign up with & to keep track of my loan. It help me pay off my student loan faster which was a financial benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can not say that there is a downside to using Peanut Butter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By having Peanut Butter payoff my student loan faster, it took some of the finical worries off my shoulders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best about Peanut Butter that it is such a simple program to implement and use from an employee/employer standpoint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly nothing. I wish I could implement the allocation due to multiple student loans but that may not be possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The value add for me is that I worry less about my loans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Director
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

I had the opportunity to work with David Aronson on a first-of-its-kind project in Clinton County, IA. I most admired and was thankful for, David's patience and commitment to our efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike regarding my experience with PB. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are partnering with PB on a talent attraction program leveraging student loan assistance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

Peanut Butter is so seamless and easy. Student loans and the process behind them can be so complicated it’s a reprieve to have a platform that makes the process so user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I’ve never had any issues. Peanut Butter has always been responsive and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Additional contributions to my loans means debt free sooner! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Peanut Butter?

Peanut Butter Categories on G2