PDFlite

3.8

PDF lite is a free and open source PDF viewer and PDF printer. You can convert any document or image to a PDF file doc to PDF and jpg to PDF.

Work for PDFlite?

Learning about PDFlite?

PDFlite Reviews

Showing 30 PDFlite reviews
PDFlite review by Gabriel  G.
Gabriel G.

"PDFlite good light and simple PDF printer"

What do you like best?

PDFlite is a free and lightweight PDF printer. An alternative to other more famous viewers. With PDFlite you can print PDF files quickly, it also offers a moderate editing capability. I like that I can use this app as an extension in the browser, it is a good option to convert word documents to PDF. It is a fast and very simple process to execute.

The interface is very elegant and simple, you can appreciate very well the entire document with which the reading of PDF is comfortable. Although it is not designed for this purpose.

What do you dislike?

This viewer is missing some features in Adobe or other free PDF printers. I would like to have more options to edit the document, such as putting watermarks, keys, cut and paste paragraph sections. I would also like you to have the preview of the document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PDFlite is a simple, free and light viewer, I recommend it if you do not opt for another more robust option and it will fulfill all the tasks it promises. For a professional environment it is very useful to have reliable and fast tools that resolve instantly, for this PDFlite is perfect.

With PDFlite I visualize and convert to PDF my word documents, thanks to its simplicity I can perform this task quickly. In my work I usually generate several PDFs per day of each customer support report and with this app I can manage them comfortably.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about PDFlite
PDFlite review by Anthony A.
Anthony A.

"PDFlite - Best virtual PDF printer ever"

What do you like best?

PDFFlite is a simple and minimalist PDF viewer and converter, becoming a great alternative to Adobe Reader PDF viewer. It offers all the basic characteristics that you would expect from this type of programs. Including the ability to search content in the PDF file, print or zoom.

This application can handle PDF files on the internet installing as a plug-in for the browser. It also offers a virtual printer to streamline the conversion process from other formats to PDF. Just use the key combination Ctrl + P and choose the PDFlite in the list of printers.

PDFlite You can also open electronic books in MOBI format. It supports the extension of CHM (compiled HTML) that is commonly used to publish documentation and help files in some programs. It allows you to copy parts of the text to the clipboard and move them, for example, to any text editor.

The interface of the application is minimalist, even too simple in which we find the classic File menu. and a simple toolbar, with a search engine, information about the current page and the zoom. Almost the whole screen is occupied by the content of the PDF file, which undoubtedly improves the visualization of the content.

What do you dislike?

Everything in this software is very good, it is quite light and has no negative point to highlight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% recommended, it is one of the best options on the market in terms of handling PDF files

It is my first option in terms of handling my PDF documents, I use it to print it and view them in a comfortable way.

What File Reader solution do you use?

PDFlite review by Barbara F.
Barbara F.

"Really a shame"

What do you like best?

I really did not have the opportunity to try it, I downloaded it to see how it was since it caught my attention, but when I wanted to install my antinvirus it warns me that the program has a virus.

What do you dislike?

When trying to test the program, Avira throws me an alert about the presence of a trojan, for which I decide to analyze the program with the virustotal class and I find myself with the unpleasant surprise that 12 detections of malicious codes occur, among them " variant of Generik.LQQEMFU potentially unwanted "," Win32: Malware-gen "," PUA: Win32 / Puwaders.B! ml "and others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unfortunately it can not recommend this program at all, since according to my antivirus and virustotal this program contains a potentially dangerous code. It really is a pity, since I really wanted to try it and see how well (or badly) the functions promoted by the program authors worked.

For the rest, I know that sometimes there are some programs that can be detected as dangerous by antivirus, but that does not even happen to me with torrent programs, which led me to think that it really was not a good idea to try to install PDFlite.

A shame

none, because as I said before the analysis indicates that the program is not safe, and in addition to that my antivitus (AVIRA) blocked the installation of the program due to the presence of "PUA / InstallCore"

PDFlite review by Luisa F.
Luisa F.

"A good virtual printer"

What do you like best?

I use pdf lite to print any file in pdf format, it is an excellent software that installs a virtual printer in my computer and manages each printing efficiently, it is a very light software that does not occupy space in the machine and neither resources, it is deployed in a simple way and without any additional or complicated configuration. PDF Lite effectively fulfills my printing requirements since it has never failed in the years that I have been using it. Another option that PDF Lite brings is its file viewer, which effectively allows me to view printed documents, has a friendly interface, but the appearance is a bit old. Is a free software that complies with the standard in the niche of printers and viewers of PDF files.

What do you dislike?

The interface of the viewer is a little outdated however it fulfills its function. however, it is a very complete pdf file printing and visualization software

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is a very good printing and visualization software, it is free and fulfills what was promised, without you do not care about the interface of the file viewer you will love it because it is very intuitive and easy to use. I recommend it. There are similar programs that are also free but pdf lite exceeds them in its speed and little consumption of resources

It helps me in my printing work since I usually handle and print a large amount of pdf documents daily. It has never failed me and it fulfills what was promised.

PDFlite review by Anastasia P.
Anastasia P.

"simple and free"

What do you like best?

It's free and it's super simple to download it and start using it. Easy to view and print. I've never converted with it but apparently it has that feature as well.

What do you dislike?

When it installs it wants to install other programs as well so you have to make sure it doesn't. There's no way to edit PDFs that I've found. It's conversion is a one way conversion to PDF, it's unlikely that you would need this program if you have a way to view and print pdfs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems unlikely in today's atmosphere that there is no other option for viewing PDFs, pretty much all internet browsers seem to have the option to view and print PDFs, but if there is no other option then this is a good solution.

Printing and viewing pdfs. I haven't personally realized any massive benefits of it if I'm being honest.

PDFlite review by Kelsey Y.
Kelsey Y.

"My secret tool for being a great assistant "

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of how easy it is to convert the documents you need. It's reliable and doesn't try to get you to sign up or do any of the crazy gimmicks that the others do

What do you dislike?

sometimes the screen feels cluttered when you first look at it but once you know where you're going its all good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say try it out. You'll know immediately if you like it or not!

There are a lot of options out there for this.

A lot of the coworkers I have are from an older generation and need things converted from PDF to word. I often have to make things larger for readability and it has saved me from messing around with printer settings. you just convert the document and enlarge from word.

PDFlite review by FREDERICO P.
FREDERICO P.

"If you want your PDF done easily, go with PDFlite"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it has all the basic tools you need from a PDF software and it is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

You could say that the UI is a little bit old-fashioned, but it gets the job done regardless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PDFlite works like a charm. is easy to use and free. What else do you need?

I have been using PDFlite for quite some time, and it has been very useful. It is a great free and light-weight PDF viewer. And it can also be used as a virtual printer

PDFlite review by vasu m.
vasu m.

"Best software to convert, view and print PDF file."

What do you like best?

It is a great converter and printing software. It also has a great variety of languages. It easily convert the files of any format into PDF. It also helps us to print them directly. It is very user friendly software with a simple and commendable interface.

What do you dislike?

I found nothing to dislike about PDFlite. It is simple, user friendly also works smoothly.

Most of the time we receive the pics of our bills, forums and other documents in JPEG or PNG formats to keep them save and presentable in meetings I use to convert them into PDFs with the help is PDFlite. It easily converts the files of any format into PDF and we can also print them with it's help.

PDFlite review by Julio C.
Julio C.

"Simple and easy to use. This is PDFlite"

What do you like best?

It allows you modify the viewing interface and that's great. It has all the basic functions you can expect from a PDF viewer. In addition, you can configure it as a printer where the files to be converted should be sent.

What do you dislike?

It offers the best features, so I can not say I dislike it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will really be useful.

At PDFlite we prepare the deliverables of our department.

PDFlite review by User in Design
User in Design

"Simple, free tool to convert to or from PDF"

What do you like best?

It does one thing well and that is to convert files to and from PDF form. I like how its a simple and quick tool that is pretty intuitive to use so you don't need any sort of tutorial. I found this most useful for turning PDFs into Word documents on my Windows laptop. Best part is that it's free! Can also use it as a PDF viewer.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the user interface because it feels archaic which makes me think that they don't keep the software well updated. For viewing PDFs, I would prefer Adobe Reader over PDFlite due to it's more advanced and well-designed annotation tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for windows users who need a PDF converter.

It came in handy when I only had the basic version of Adobe Reader on my Windows laptop which didn't contain a PDF file converter.

PDFlite review by Terenia A.
Terenia A.

"Simple PDF viewer and creator"

What do you like best?

That it's easy to use and free. I did have a paid version of Adobe Acrobat and now I use PDFlite as an extension instead.

What do you dislike?

I wish it made pdf documents editable but what can I expect for free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Why not go for it.

An easier way to convert needed documents to a pdf without having to waste time in other programs. It is also a great and easy way to change a word doc into a pdf to send out via email. When viewing a pdf it loads fast and no wait time. I highly recommend it.

PDFlite review by Guillermo V.
Guillermo V.

"PDFlite is simple and light"

What do you like best?

This software has a light and simple design. Besides allowing the reading of your PDF files it also allows you to convert and can even be used as a printer. Among other things, it is available in a wide variety of languages.

What do you dislike?

When it notifies you that there is an update, you should download the installer again instead of being updated automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

It allows us to read PDF files, convert from Word to PDF and also works as a printer.

PDFlite review by Somontha P.
Somontha P.

"Free, User Friendly, Pdf viewer and converter."

What do you like best?

PdfLite is great for Windows users if they are looking for a free, user friendly pdf viewer and converter. You can convert word to pdf and jpg to pdf which is very useful. It runs fast and is simplistic in design.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about PdfLite.

It allows me to easily view documents and convert to pdf form when I want to send documents to someone that may not have word. Or, I can more easily edit a jpg when it is converted to pdf.

PDFlite review by Ankush s.
Ankush s.

"Best software to convert files and maintain text record"

What do you like best?

We can easily use it to convert our files extension and maintain our records in well format by converting data to PDF and from PDF form.Also very useful to share files .

What do you dislike?

As per my experience it's freely available and provide best features so we can't say it have some dislike things.

I have prepared documents for my project test planes, issues and their resolution and shared it with my team member in well formet by converted it to PDF form.

PDFlite review by Babita M.
Babita M.

"Best software to convert our documents to PDF files."

What do you like best?

It is great software to convert and also print our jpg files into PDFs. It also has a great variety of languages. It also has simple, user friendly and highly commendable interface.

What do you dislike?

I found nothing to dislike about PDFlite. It is best, simple and user friendly PDF reader and converter.

I used it to convert my document's formats from jpg to pdfs as my doc's come in jpg formats.

PDFlite review by Katrina R.
Katrina R.

"Simple easy to use product"

What do you like best?

I like that the program is available for converting documents to pdf format when other programs do not work or are not installed on your computer.

What do you dislike?

There is not much else that can be done other than file conversion and printing.

I am easily able to convert files into a pdf format which makes for easy sending and sharing without the worry of anyone being able to edit the original document.

PDFlite review by Maria B.
Maria B.

"Not worth it "

What do you like best?

There isn’t much to commend itself. It doesn’t do anything that the adobe pdf viewer won’t do. Why not get the best software to view PDFs

What do you dislike?

It automatically installs viruses and malware which is a huge problem and can crash the computer and even perhaps compromise it. You can’t even edit any PDFs.

Reading and viewing PDF files. Saving as a pdf from a word document.

PDFlite review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

I like PDFlite because it is a free download and it is very useful when I don't have access to my own computer.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about PDFlite. I have only used it a handful of times when I didn't have access to my own computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend. It is a great tool.

I have proprietary software on my home office computer and I have had instances when I needed to send a PDF while traveling and did not have access to my full software suite. PDFlite saved the day by being able to download and use it when necessary.

PDFlite review by nick b.
nick b.

"PDFlite review"

What do you like best?

It makes converting resumes very easy easily and it looks great. It really takes the hassle out of the sending secure documents

What do you dislike?

I feel the document changes slightly at times when the file is converted

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel that it is worth it but we may not need it at our company

We need to convert PDFs and it makes this prcess easy

PDFlite review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Average at Best"

What do you like best?

It has all the basic functuons of a PDF reader. It does contain the function of converting files to and from in the free version as well so that's a plus.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be improved along with the time taken to perform certain tasks. It's an average software at the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version is good as it offers file conversion for free which the popular ones like Adobe Reader don't provide.

We use it to view PDF files and mostly to convert files from and to different formats.

PDFlite review by Charles  B.
Charles B.

"One of the best!"

What do you like best?

We have tried other .PDF viewer's from time to time, this one always comes back around. We enjoyed adding our one touch to the code.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could use a small re haul, other than that I have no complaints!

It's FREE and OPEN SOURCE! Why wouldn't you like it?

PDFlite review by Lynda P.
Lynda P.

"PDF Lite. Simple & Free"

What do you like best?

It does what I want and need convert files from and to PDF form. No tutorial needed to use, simple, ability to print.

What do you dislike?

No ability to edit, would like to be able to change or add to PDF

Very handy when away from my desk, using as a reader

PDFlite review by Trina Kirchner M.
Trina Kirchner M.

"Simple and effective "

What do you like best?

i liked the overall simplistic design and ability to navigate those program.

What do you dislike?

For some of my files, I could not properly edit or control them because of this program simplicity. Not for all projects

I usually create memo or pamphlets with this program.

PDFlite review by User in Information Technology and Services

"It does what I need"

What do you like best?

No frills but does what I need it to. It is literally bare bones which is perfect for my purposes

What do you dislike?

It wouldn't hurt to not have so many painful reminders that it is light and not the full app

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you need to - it is very adequate, especially when budgets are not accommodating for purchasing premium products

reading docs that are in PDF format and also adding annotations

PDFlite review by User

"PDFlite is a life saver! "

What do you like best?

I like how it converts your files to a PDF

What do you dislike?

I don't like how long it takes for your files to convert

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and learn how to use this product. It will help you out a lot on time.

If someone sends you a file you cannot open you can use this to fix that

"it is okay"

What do you like best?

I like that the pdf is editable on certain things

What do you dislike?

not all the features that I want are available to use

would like to see more features for editing on pdflite

Recommendations to others considering the product

more features would be great

pdflite provides benefits by making the document editable

PDFlite review by User

"Does what you need 99% of things"

What do you like best?

Very simple to use. Gets the job done for about 99% of the times I need it.

What do you dislike?

Can't edit on lite version. Not a huge problem since 99% of the time the forms are completed manually.

Various forms as needed

PDFlite review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"PDFlite"

What do you like best?

This program is excellent for converting documents to PDF format.

What do you dislike?

I enjoy all parts of the program. It can be difficult to use at times but it takes time to understand the program.

N/a

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to convert files and email to colleagues, mangers etc. Makes it easier to read sent files.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don’t have any complaints. The product is easy to use and efficient.

Converting files.

PDFlite review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Clean, lite, easy, and free"

What do you like best?

It is free and does a pretty decent job.

What do you dislike?

Not a feature robust as some tend to be.

Lightweight and easy to use vs buying other expensive software to accomplish the task

Learning about PDFlite?

* We monitor all PDFlite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.