PDFelement Reviews & Product Details

PDFelement Overview

What is PDFelement?

PDFelement is the easiest way to create, edit, convert and sign PDF documents on Windows and Mac. This leading alternative to Adobe® Acrobat® offers enterprise-grade PDF functionalities and perpetual licensing at a fraction of the price.   Sold globally in 9 different languages, PDFelement is the all-in-one PDF solution for users of all types, and the only complete PDF solution next to Adobe® Acrobat® available on Windows, Mac, iOS, & Android.

PDFelement Details
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Create, edit, convert, annotate, protect, merge, watermark, compress, and sign PDF files in a better way.

When you deploy PDFelement software across your organization, you gain a powerful platform for communicating and collaborating. You’ll also maintain control over licensing costs, deployment, security, and compliance.

► Enterprise-Class Features
Implement the easiest PDF solution with powerful PDF editing, conversion, and collaboration tools.

► Lower TCO
Cost-effective pricing delivers faster ROI and reduces your total cost of ownership by 60%.

► Ease of Deployment
Get deployment support for Windows SCCM, Windows Terminal Server™, Citrix™, and more.

► Easy to Own
Enjoy the freedom of Perpetual Licensing with no lengthy contractual requirements.

► License Management
Self-serve license management allows you to assign, revoke, add and remove licenses, and manage devices.

► Standardize on a Single PDF Solution
Enable more users that require PDF capabilities with one standardized solution on both Windows and Mac.

Wondershare
2003
British Columbia, Canada
@Wondershare

PDFelement Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the PDFelement community
Have you used PDFelement before?

PDFelement Reviews

Showing 10 PDFelement reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have PDFelement?
Digital Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

Easy to use, friendly interface, nothing fancy but everything that I need. I have simple license, not pro one. And I was pretty ok with what I've got, except one thing, see it in product dislikes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Persistent problems with license recognition. It's unbelievable, I reinstalled product already 2 times because of license worst recognition and numerous errors with product updates. I lose 5 hours of PDF editing work because of it. I'm super angry. I realized that I should not press upgrade in any circumstances because the problems start to begin, and the work that I did and saved with watermark (program could not see that my license is ok), when I uninstall/install again, those files with watermark cannot delete them with fresh install because simply program does not see them!!! And I need to edit original pdf again because I can not allow that watermark in a document... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need to edit a bunch of PDFs with little editions (like adding a logo, changing some titles, adding a small description to every pdf. I found that PDFelement will suit best my need with a perpetual license because I can not do all these things to a 2k pdf documents in 1 month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

The controls are easy to find and it does not take very long to learn the full functionality of the product. The price of the product is fair for its functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are numerous major glitches with the product. I have gotten used to the functionality of BlueBeam Revu, which is far more user friendly and ensures my tasks go much faster. Below are a list of all of my issues.

- very few shortcuts to the features.

- Combining files that are currently open

- copy and paste (ie. Snapshot) feature requires the cursor to be a certain mode. I am constantly having to change the cursor type utilizing different features.

- the properties tab has minimal feature types and functionality.

- there is no scaling or measuring tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch tutorial videos only and utilize customer support for questions rather than "spinning your wheels". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marking up and creating drawing details for construction blue prints. The benefits to this program are limited to extremely basic functions and shapes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in PDFelement
Student
What do you like best?

PDFelement makes it easy to annotate PDFs. I love the system they have for circling section with different outlines. One of my other favorite things about it is the fact that I can have multiple PDFs open through their tab system at the top. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, PDFelement is a paid service, and I simply do not have the budget to do so. This means my annotations don't get saved, so I have to copy them into a notebook afterward. I can't say it saves me any time, the opposite in fact, but it's helpful in the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I myself am still searching for a cheaper alternative Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't use PDFelement very often because it is expensive and I don't have the money to own it. However, it has a lot of desirable features if you're willing to spend the money on it. I'm still in the market for a free PDF editor with all the qualities of PDFelement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CR
What do you like best?

The concept of PDFelement is noteworthy. But the fun stops there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The concept of PDFelement is noteworthy. But the fun stops there. The software, aside from saying it was beta tested, is big ridden and at bit on the 'hard to use' side. Software, especially, business tools are supposed to reduce the time it takes to complete a project. I was excited, given the company's past successes. This missed the mark Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Beta testing is time and cost consumable. The consumer has to be taken into consideration before a roll out of a new product is marketed. Remove the stumbling blocks, before releasing. Then, Soar with the Eagles Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some characteristics of the software do have validity, but the bugginess of the product prevents any realization of a win. This was to solve the Document Creation, which we need desperately. This was not the answer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Combining and reordering pages in pdfs.

Editing pdfs.

File protection.

Good quality scans when it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

FAULTS!!!!!

Will not always scan...frequently gives an error

Frequently will not perform OCR.

Faults are random. One day it works. The next day it does not.

It is simply too unreliable and frustrating to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try before you buy. I know it works well for many, but it does not for me. I am disappointed and frustrated because it has all the features I want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. It is creating problems for me by being so unreliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Agent
What do you like best?

Crisp lettering, I like how the script options show a preview Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes forever to load!!!! and sometimes only allows editing one letter at a time! i don't like logging in each time either!!! This is frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i only use it when that is the last resort Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Lots of powerful PDF editing and creation features in an easy to use format - it allows you to create fairly funcyional forms with some good features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It crashes a lot, it also has upgrades every time you open - but it still doesn't stop the crashing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't load to big of a file and save - often Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows you to do a lot of the same editing that you would normally need full Adobe for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CF
What do you like best?

Nothing really. Its just ok. Its hard work but I get good results Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Software opens each time I want to view a different pdf document. Printing page range is not user friendly. Slow to send documents to print. Hard work to get results - generally not user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need speed, work fast PFD element is not the way to go Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just day to day use of pdf's Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The dash board is really user friendly. And it is easy to convert from a pdf to a jpg. These are just about the only positive aspects of the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The PDF converter does not work well and the pdf editor is really clumsy. I chose this product because of online reviews but have not had a great experience. I contacted customer support with my concerns and was given a discount to upgrade to PDFelement Pro. For the extra money spent I really do not see much of a difference unfortunately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the trial first and make sure it works for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to convert pdf's to jpg's and I try to edit pdf documents. Converting to jpg's works really well. Editing documents does not work well and is really frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CM
What do you like best?

Nothing yet. Can't edit the docs I've tried. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Where do I begin? No help readily available, no instructions, tools aren't intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've tried editing 2 documents, and I tried to convert a PDF to a Word doc. Nothing has worked, and I'm not going to waste any more time on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.