Paymo

Paymo

Simple project management app that bundles task management, time tracking and invoicing

Work for Paymo?

Learning about Paymo?

Paymo Reviews

Alan S.

"Stay on Task and On TIme!"

What do you like best?

Interface is simple, intuitive and easy to upload real-time data into. Time tracking is seamless and invoicing along with project management is interactive and allows for task and milestone management. All in all, we have found Paymo to be our one stop shopping location for organizing and managing projects both large and small!

What do you dislike?

To be honest, we have found very little lacking with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, we think you will find its structure and flexibility at a cost point that makes it one of the bast systems on the market right now!

I personally utilize it to manage my 11 member team and the various projects and commitments we have on a daily basis. Everything from calculating time for an emergency response call, to simply changing a light bulb - Paymo provides real-time solutions and the ability to track the time to accomplish them!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Paymo
Showing 402 Paymo reviews
Alberto R.

"Paymo is an excellent manager to optimize our projects "

What do you like best?

Paymo allows us to review not only the follow-up of the work of each person in the work team, but also the expenses incurred in the project. In this way, budget accounting can be better carried out for each phase of the project in question. Paymo offers many customizable models for projects, so we can choose what kind of projects we will create, and based on that the platform will make available the indicated tools.

What do you dislike?

Paymo is surprisingly crude to handle documents. It is quite complicated to keep track of the concepts that appear in an extraordinary way in each project, because paymo does not allow to manage ideas. Neither can agile methodologies be applied as in other project management software (see Jira's case), and discussion threads can not be created to optimize the flow of information between each person. Paymo does not measure the time taken in invoicing processes correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paymo is perfect to achieve a quality project management and to include the progress of all through a single information board. Paymo is recommended to improve time tracking, scheduling, and also the implementation of spreadsheets to our management. It is highly recommended to use your work stopwatch to accurately track work hours and minutes.

With this platform we have achieved a much more orderly management of our time when working. We have been able to customize our customer reports, and remote work has been optimized, so there are many better results than before. Paymo has fully automated our management, so the workflow is much larger. Its advanced tools for handling tasks allow us to create plans and strategies, and store them directly in our own cloud.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Paymo
Claudio Antonio R.

"Paymo is an elegant platform for advertising projects"

What do you like best?

Paymo specializes in optimizing workflows. Its solutions in document management and communication between users through voice messages are aspects that position it as a state-of-the-art tool. It also includes templates to guide the user.

What do you dislike?

It does not allow tracking the cost of each project until its completion. Nor does it allow for the application of agile methodologies to project management, and its monitoring of milestones is quite slow and not very customizable. It is not good to handle or budget resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paymo is an excellent platform, very customizable. It allows us to use fully customizable project models, and to take better management of our workflows. It is without doubt a highly recommended project management platform. We are satisfied.

His extension of budgets is very ingenious, subject with which we had difficulties before. In addition, we now manage a comfortable workflow to manage both personal tasks and other departments. Your Kanban boards can be customized according to the user's criteria.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Alexandra B.

"Paymo Review"

What do you like best?

It is easy to track time against tasks and projects, it helps to keep our firm focused and on track. As HR staff it makes tracking staff time easy.

What do you dislike?

Some of the task functions make it difficult for our current set up. We wish we could have only the assigned tasks for each user appear on a project as opposed to all tasks and allotted time. We don't want to make everyone managers and have not found a workaround to having all tasks and allotted hours show up for all users in a project.

Also, we wish that we could integrate with our billing software, Sage50.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the price of a user license you will be blown away with the support and functionality of this app. Paymo has only gotten stronger and better since we've began using it. We have required support on several occasions and have never had an issue with getting a quick and easy answer. The support forums are another trove of knowledge. Between the staff and community you'll find the support you need to use Paymo in your business.

As a small engineering firm we don't want all of our time to be taken up with project management. Paymo solves this problem for us. As a team we can access the projects and tasks we need to, track time and expenses and have it all flow to one place for our admin staff. We are fans and happy to see Paymo continue to grow and only improve.

Project management and staff timesheets. We find it easy to stay on track and keep organized in our firm.

Taylor K.

"Very good tools. I like it! "

What do you like best?

Paymo has most of the features offered by other task management software, but it is exceptionally useful for the creative community to have a default configuration suitable for those industries. What is not common for project management teams.

What do you dislike?

The application is aimed at small businesses and self-employed, the price is good, but I hope there may be a more affordable plan for companies that have not yet taken off. We have been using this software for a long time and we have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this product to my colleagues not only for its incredible utility and many more reasons, but also because the Windows widget is fantastic, very easy to use. The integration between the widget and the online login is impressive which helps a lot in the operation.

The time tracking widget on my desktop is easy. And they are always improving in the application for business users. This handles all aspects of my project management needs. The help that this app offers we like a lot, because we are always aware of what happens and has many tools.

Laura C.

"Paymo is an attractive and easy to organize PMS"

What do you like best?

It is excellent for creating and managing generic projects. Your task list is well distributed, so that it separates each task depending on its category (implementations, plans, reviews, etc.). Its management system of time reports is quite explanatory

What do you dislike?

Your job report creator is not customizable enough. Your agenda to work with booking shows very little information at first glance about the plans (in reality none) so it becomes difficult to know what each project is

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We recommend Paymo to be used in schools. Offers 1 year free for institutions, with all possible quality. We also recommend Paymo to delegate roles and responsibilities among the members of our team, as it is a quick thing to do

We were having problems with the bills. We needed to make it easier to customize them, since most services dedicated to this are a bit complicated to manage, as well as expensive. Paymo is not only cheap ($ 9.56 per member) but it is also excellent for handling invoices, so it has been quite useful

Tom H.

"Great so far"

What do you like best?

It removes the need for multiple tools, for timesheets and project management. The interface is generally nice, and tasks are easy to read.

There are a couple of very cool features that aren’t generally found in competitor services like team resource management, and we’ve found that collaboratively building up task lists together as a team is much easier in Paymo than things like Asana.

We haven’t used the invoices or online payments because we have a different service for that, that we probably won’t move away from - but it looks useful.

The service is also excellent, and our onboarding has been made easier by the team checking in with us regularly.

What do you dislike?

It’s a little clunky in places and some things feel like they’re still in beta. There are a couple of things (multiple selection, importing from other tools) that don’t exist. The recent addition of notifications is good, but there’s little customisation and the tool seems geared toward Agile development teams in specific scenarios with little wiggle room for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There’s no import function for tasks/projects so there’s a very manual process required to get up and running if you’re moving from different tools.

We’ve consolidated time tracking, project management and resourcing into one tool. It’s making it easier for us to plan, track and estimate work.

Marcus A.

"The overall experience with Paymo has been very positive."

What do you like best?

It's easy to keep track of multiple projects at once and it's easy to create new tasks. Modifying projects and inviting new members is also easy which is one of the reasons I like Paymo.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be a bit more intuitive. Sometimes the system creates a time report for another user by default because that person created the task. It would be easier if the person creating the time report would be selected by default instead of the person creating the task. This has led to some confusion in the team as it's hard to spot as well.

It would also be nice if you could see summary statistics more easily such as hours per project, distribution of time spent between the people participating in a projects etc. Some statistics can be seen for now but it would be helpful if this part of Paymo was a bit more advanced/customizable.

It would also be good if this data could be exported from Paymo in an easy way.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Paymo to other companies. It's easy to use and has all the necessary features.

Time tracking what people in a team is doing for a project. It's also a smooth process to create invoices for clients when needed. This was not as easy with the old system which was used previously.

Sandra G.

"Straightforward interface"

What do you like best?

Super simple to use with lots of options for users who have differing preferences.

What do you dislike?

It can be little hard to find features you haven't used previously.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for time tracking and produces detailed, clean reports.

Paymo is a nice, clean interface for time tracking and reporting. I appreciate that it can be used in a variety of ways: web portal, computer app, or mobile app. This makes the app more useable by more workers with varying styles. It also provides flexibility. I prefer the web portal, but sometimes there is just no space left on my monitors and I do need to keep an eye on the time. Using the mobile app, I can select the project, task, and track my time in real time.

The reporting feature is really nice. We have a general report that we produce for all clients, and pull a Paymo report form for our internal use to populate our branded form. However, it's also great when a client is looking for a specific type of report or a report of specific details. A few clicks in the web portal and such a report can be generated.

The only thing - and it's little - is that on occasion, it seems inordinately difficult to find a feature I've not previously used. Generally, an email to a colleague resolves the issue, but I wish (just a little) the software was more intuitive.

Anny S.

"Excellent tool to control the times"

What do you like best?

Paymo is simply great, we can find out the amount of time it takes us to make a project, with a variety of tools and sections to improve your performance and with a very easy to use interface. We can record and save the invoice data as well, which is a great help.

What do you dislike?

Paymo has a great disadvantage and is not being able to pay the monthly invoice through PayPal, we would like to add this feature to improve the user's experience because it is undoubtedly a great software that we want to continue using.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

100% recommended software for small and large companies, with quality support and excellent equipment.

This excellent application has helped us at all times not to leave the required times and make the most of our time in some projects, deliver on time our tasks and others, there are many advantages in use, the characteristics of billing and time control are the top.

Carlo Z.

"Just what I needed. A little extra push and it would really become my best tool"

What do you like best?

The Gantt view in combination with the Home screen where I get to see day by day the activities that me and my colleagues have to do.

What do you dislike?

There are several things that need improvement: the App doesn't stand the comparison to the web version, no need to comment, they just need to build it again;

The web version needs some minor tweaks: in certain views you cannot rename Tasks so you have to change view type, if you postpone tasks in the Gantt view you cannot select a group and drag it... this kind of minor things. The major let down is how they bill the subscriptions: we work in the creative field and we would like to have a similar billing to dropbox, where an individual can buy a subscription and participate in several Paymo groups. Unfortunatelly this doesn't seem to be in their agenda.

We work in the creative industry, we work remotely an our project manager can then keep everyone on the same page. Before paymo we were constantly leaving things behind, forgetting them without realizing the consequencies that a delay would produce in the whole chain of event.

Emma J.

"Good for organising complex projects"

What do you like best?

I like that you change how you view your 'dashboard', so you can tailor this to how you like to work. I also like that you can organise discussions, which I've found to be a very useful feature when working on a complex project with multiple sections. The ability to add 'bulk time' is a really useful feature if you are adding all your time for an extended period all at once. It's a feature not currently available with my current time logging provider. I also like that you can view the time you've added on a calendar, it helps you to keep track and record time more accurately (especially if you're adding it at a later date).

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the view selector changes position on the screen depending on the view. It can be confusing. I would like to be able to organise these discussions if I were to have a project with multiple sections or phases. I would also like to be able to see file previews in the activity feed, as this is a feature available with other project management software providers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great if you want to combine flexible project tracking with timesheet tracking

Paymo combines the ability to record timesheets to jobs, which is something my previous project management software can't accommodate. It also forms a great platform to discuss projects, and allows you to track these discussions, a very useful feature for an agency such as ours.

Trevor F.

"Paymo makes time tracking beautiful, fun and seamless. "

What do you like best?

What I like best about the Paymo application is how simple it is to manage your projects and complete actions per project/client. You have all the tools and actions you need to efficiently track time so it doesn't become a waste of time using the software. Everything is in front of you without a learning curve. I also love that it comes with invoice software which I think is a great addition to a time tracking software that I see missing most of the time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the main interface is web-based and I would prefer that the interface is all software based. I know that web applications are big right now and everything is headed in that direction but I still prefer software based products for now. Not the biggest problem but a personal dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should try all your options before switching to any software platform to see what is best for your business. Try the software for yourself first and see if it's the right move for your business goals.

The business problem that I am trying to solve is being more efficient with my work. Paymo lets me track my time, charge money to clients, and review all the time me and my employees spend on a given project. The benefits I have realized is going back in time and analyzing the process and performance of time spent on projects.

Yolandi P.

"Paymo makes accounting a breeze as a designer."

What do you like best?

Recurring payments for my domain clients, so I don't need to generate invoices monthly for hosting.

Being able to see my income statistics.

What do you dislike?

The fact that when I allocate a payment, I'd like it to show up on the invoice.

I'd like to be able to add a set discount not limited to a percentage, but a set amount.

Client Statements would be excellent.

I am not sure how expenses work, but what I need for my business is a cost to company so I can see what my actual profit is, so I'd like to add suppliers and their costs, so I could allocate that to my job/invoice to determine my profit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paymo has made my admin of my clients come alive. As a creative person sending invoices has never been fun, but now I look forward to it. I can see my client profile and income grow. I am so excited about this product.

I never really knew how many active clients I had, or what my monthly income is.

I can now have a bird's eye view of my business income

Bruce L.

"Online time-capturing in Paymo"

What do you like best?

It's quite painless to use once the tasks are set up, and it has a mobile app to use as a complement

What do you dislike?

The Time Reports are not as customisable as I would like (and expect). There's no flexibility in the logo size, and there's no way to add signature lines for when a client requires a paper copy for sign-off. Also, the reports are not as concise as they could be... they use to much paper for the information being displayed. It would be good to be able to place a summary of hours for a month on one page, with signatures

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider whether the time-capturing and in particular the reporting will meet what you need

Not sure yet, because I'm not working with the Paymo back-end

Melanie T.

"Paymo is very useful to keep us organized always"

What do you like best?

Paymo offers good management of budgets, and many customizable templates for workflows. Its kanban boards are easy to follow and manage, and the projects are completely customizable at all levels of life

What do you dislike?

Its format for invoices is too standardized, so it must be constantly required to use templates, which despite being quite good, ends up wasting time. The creation process for data reports is annoying

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We recommend Paymo because it has excellent features, such as the ability to create lists of individual tasks for each project, and because it allows importing and exporting databases with API tools

We had problems with programming and recording our tasks, but we were able to solve them thanks to Paymo. It has also helped our work projects to be more orderly, being able to categorize them and archive them more easily

Nimesh B.

"Best Project Managment Software"

What do you like best?

- Simple yet effective

- Things are nicely structured into clients, project, task group, task and sub-task. Everything is connected with one another

- Various workflows for managing task like simple view, table view, kanban, etc

- Gantt chart and portfolio gantt chart

- Beautiful dashboard which include my task, team task,

- Easy to manage multiple user. Can measure productivity and amount of work done. Task can be assigned and managed per user as well.

- Best time tracking with calendar timesheet, graphs and reports.

-Desktop app for time tracking

- Invoicing, estimates and payment methods are available

- Local currency available

- Billable amount is updated as project updates if you are working hourly,

- Various filters like assigned to, progress, completion are available at every section

- Resource scheduling and leave planner.

- Security

- Evolving everyday.

What do you dislike?

- Can be expensive

- Currently mobile app is still lacking some features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You may wanna try to full trial to know the real difference it can make to your project

We use Paymo for almost everything. Gantt chart becomes mostly valuable when planning any project which paymo offers quite well. Task for every user can be controlled for admin and everything can be monitored from a single place. Time tracking is the best in Paymo without a doubt option for both automatic and manual time tracking which is very helpful for us. It has sure increase our productivity and way we worked. We can focus on your work more now.

Alan S.

"Stay on Task and On TIme!"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

To be honest, we have found very little lacking with this software.

Angelica B.

"The ideal software for payments and time control. "

What do you like best?

I like every feature that Paymo offers me, its price is extremely accessible for a software with which you can control the time you work, make payments of invoices with a large template. I can also add that its variety of languages ​​is very easy.

What do you dislike?

Paymo is a very complex software so sometimes it can become a headache, so the only point I can add against this software is its complexity, which is not all bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its accessible price for small and medium companies, has most of the features that are frequently needed and that sometimes it is necessary to use more than one software, but Paymo has them all, without a doubt we recommend this software.

The help provided to my company is incredible, because we create invoices to our customers in a few minutes, I also like it a lot as I see who has completed a task and who does not, this is essential for each company because our employees finish the projects in the estimated time .

Luisa C.

"Paymo: The modern and intuitive project management application. "

What do you like best?

It is very friendly and intuitive, saving me a lot of time on repeated tasks that were not billable.

I must emphasize that it helps us to focus on those that are really important and need more efficiency.

It is very easy to understand and execute, my team is satisfied and as they use it, they become more familiar with the software.

What do you dislike?

There are certain things with technology such as the generation of invoices that require an expert in HTML could say that Paymo is not the culprit, if not our inexperience insurance will improve this observation, since all businesses do not have a knowledge of systems that can solve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this software to the companies that want to grow, the good thing is that it's enough you do not have to pay for other applications to function.

It also has a free version, this is always an advantage when choosing software.

A low cost in relation to what it offers is very complete, it has several really attractive functions.

The ability to collect many amounts of data in seconds that Paymon has has helped us analyze our effectiveness.

We have saved time in preparing attendance sheets each week and help us control hours efficiently.

This application maintains control, but my team works just the same.

Jolanda S.

"You will not forget anything else"

What do you like best?

Great service. We have been using Paymo for several years now. This is really a universal tool for work. A handy mobile client and great widgets for Android. I always see the information I need. It greatly facilitates my life. Excellent opportunities for creating reports.

What do you dislike?

The mobile application is convenient only for viewing the current work, it is strongly limited in functionality. I would like those developers to improve mobile applications and add existing functions to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not worry any more that you can lose important information, just open the browser and start working with Paymo. You will no longer get lost in a huge number of projects and there's nothing to miss. Try the competitors Paymo and you will understand that it is the best.

Paymo helps us keep everything up to date. With this service, I use my time more effectively, which means I can make my work even faster and better.

Agency

"For detail orientated people."

What do you like best?

Time tracking - very handy to keep an eye on the time spent on certain project elements. The activity feed is handy to get a birdseye view of what's happening and when. If you're willing to sit down and put in the time at the start of the project, the level of detail you can get into regarding assigning tasks, time and plotting milestones is really beneficial.

What do you dislike?

The discussions were difficult to track - when attached documents to the job, it became confusing over the long duration of the project. For instance, referring someone back to a previous discussion was a little difficult over time when things had gotten lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for those who want to be detail orientated from the start of a project. Sitting down and plotting the journey of the project is the most sure fire way to get the best out of this tool.

We used Paymo to test out project management for a specific web project - we wanted to try a platform that allowed us to be incredibly detailed from the start of the project so everything could be kept on track. It's a great tracking tool, but it's not great as a central 'hub' for all data and documents pertaining to a project.

Thomas H.

"An interesting way of collating a project"

What do you like best?

Having the integrated time tracking of a project building into the project management platform - alongside the discussions similar to other project management services - is a real benefit. Not having to use a third-party plug-in.

What do you dislike?

Not having a Chrome extension to log time makes the process a little clumsy, as ultimately I shall be working in the browser as part of the project, outside of the Paymo website or app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to learn it, and then it's no worries. Don't be afraid of different.

We were working together as a team to create a new website for a client. We realised that Paymo is a nice all-in-one solution, whereas some other platforms required separate services.

"Paymo - Video Production Use"

What do you like best?

Well organised.

I use it to rack my time and my team's time on projects. Different task can be set at different costs, so I can see how much time and budget is remaining for each project.

I also use it for scheduling work for editors, animators etc - and can see when there is a conflict and resolve it in advance.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way of filtering down the project table view to just show he projects that I am on.

It would be easy to add this function to a "My Projects" tab or something similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Better than Harvest by a long way.

Business problems solved = highlighting scheduling conflicts in advance, accurately accounting for time spent on projects so that charges and quotes can be adjusted appropriately.

It also help to show the development junior team members are making over time, so that we can tell when they have the skills to be entrusted with more advanced/time-limited projects.

"difficult in the beginning - easy for everyday"

What do you like best?

I really like how I can plan all projects and my week in Paymo, while not losing track and having cross-check on several platforms. Also, it is nice to have my timesheet there to learn from past hours for the planning of future hours.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning I had a really hard time gaining a good understanding and overview about all the different things Paymo offers - an onboarding video would have helped me a lot. Also, it is a shame that Paymo cannot sync my Google calendar, where meetings get scheduled, with my bookings to keep an overview of the daily work load.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

one solution for most administrative tasks for project and team planning.

I complete the following tasks with Paymo: planning of projects, keeping track of projects, plan tasks within project, plan my workload for every week, keep track of hours worked with timesheets, communicate tasks to other people in my team and vice versa.

"Excellent software, easy to use yet feature rich"

What do you like best?

It's easy to understand how to use, no training required as it's intuitive.

I especially like the time reports, they are super easy to setup and use.

The 'add bulk time' feature is pretty awesome, exactly what I would expect from a timesheet system.

What do you dislike?

Would be great if you could reorder reports, for example, I would like my time reports in a specific order.

It would also be good if you can load a default report when clicking onto 'time reports' as currently, the screen opens with no reports preselected (just an extra click to cut down on).

perhaps add a tick box to report on yourself only? Currently, you have to select 'by user', find yourself as a user, then tick yourself as a user. If the tick box is ticked then the 'then include & group by' should be greyed out. Notifications do not stand out enough (i didn't really see them there) and there is no ability to mark all as read.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's easy to use and bug-free!!!

Logging my time so my manager can see what I have been working on. Scheduling time and projects.

Learn more about Paymo

Paymo Videos

Learning about Paymo?

* We monitor all Paymo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.