Paylocity Reviews & Product Details

AN
What do you like best?

I like that the software is user friendly. I enjoy having all the information I need from Payroll, Time and Labor, Learning Management, Onboarding, etc. all at the tip of my fingers. This is very convenient especially with the current circumstances the world is going through with COVID-19. I want to give the customer services team a lot of credit. This year we were blessed with an amazing Account Manager. I only had a few dealings with her but she is phenomenal and I hear a lot of good things from my staff about her. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. I wish the cost can be less. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think if you are looking for a system that you want employees to easily understand and easily seek assistance when needed, Paylocity is the right system for you. I have already bought two companies in, since we partnered with Paylocity. One of them changed from ADP to Paylocity and I think the other changed from Paychex. They are both happy with Paylocity including my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Onboarding employees electronically right now with COVID-19 is very important with the least amount of interactions. We also rolled out training to staff for COVID-19 via the Learning Management System along with all trainings for new employees required by law, funding sources and policy. Paylocity also solves the problem of reporting time and requesting paid time off, FMLA, Jury Duty, Holidays and all time off via Time and Labor and calculating the remainder of the time off an employee is entitled to for the year. I think the most benefit is the sense of being accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paylocity Overview

What is Paylocity?

Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management. But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that truly cares about our clients’ success. Providers will merely sell you a product. But a partner actually cares about you and your business. A partner takes the time to get to know you and understand your needs. We work with you to identify the best solutions that will benefit your business today, while paving the way to a better tomorrow. And tomorrow is all about your team. Everything we do is designed to support you in reaching your goals. Together, we tackle your day-to-day work so you can spend more time building the culture you and your employees crave. For professionals who crave true partnership, Paylocity is the HR & Payroll company that frees you from the tasks of today, so together, we can spend more time focused on the promise of tomorrow. Let's go forward together.

Paylocity Details
English, Spanish

Paylocity’s comprehensive product suite delivers a unified platform for professionals to make strategic decisions in the areas of benefits, core HR, payroll, talent, and workforce management, while cultivating a modern workplace and improving employee engagement.

Our all-in-one software platform helps HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management. But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that truly cares about our clients’ success.

Paylocity
@Paylocity
3,361 employees on LinkedIn®

Paylocity Videos

Paylocity Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Paylocity community
Have you used Paylocity before?

Paylocity Reviews

Showing 1,585 Paylocity reviews
Showing 1,585 reviews
Already have Paylocity?
Human Resource Training Coordinator
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
Response from Jesse Liszka of Paylocity

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re thrilled to hear that we’ve helped simplify your role and that you’ve been able to hire more employees with our help! We’re concerned to hear you’ve had connectivity issues. We love your suggestions for Performance Management since we continuously use feedback from our clients to reshape our processes and solutions. If you have additional suggestions, please reach out to your account manager.

Inside Sales Rep | Brand Ambassador
Director of Human Resources
What do you like best?

I love the overall user face and having one system for all my HR and payroll needs. The fact that it integrates with other platforms is also a plus. Paylocity stays on top of its product for enhancements and changes. They invest a lot in their training and help section with education and tools to help support their vast products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that improvement can be made with time and attendance. I have found this to be a pain point for most payroll companies. However, I am overall satisfied with the module. Vacation balances always seem too tricky especially if you using both Time & Attendance and HR & Payroll to ensure they remain accurate across both modules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paylocity checked all our boxes when evaluating other platforms including the price. Implementing a new payroll company is a lot of work, so make sure you fully evaluate the platform before making a decision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reducing the number of employee databases. Having an all-in-one platform for onboarding, recruiting, performance and HR & Payroll is great when all the modules work together. We have also been able to increase communication using their Community module for company announcements and shout-outs. I would recommend this company over any HR & Payroll system out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Generalist
What do you like best?

When we were first signing up, the Representative was great ~ friendly, responsive and really able to sell the product. The features also seem ideal - online onboarding, online benefits, training, payroll, etc. and the cost is reasonable for a mid-size company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of timely follow up on questions and only after multiple emails are sent asking the same question. There is a Knowledge base, which must be the alternative to staffing because when I try to call instead of email, after trying to navigate the knowledge base, the service is not better. I had one incident when i was trying to onboard an employee and it took me 3 attempts to fix the issue. It was the 3rd person who made sure the issue was finally resolved but it really shouldn't take 3 phone calls when our department is already overwhelmed with responsibilities.

We use it for our Performance Management - and it is a nightmare. Our managers and supervisors complain every year about this.

We recently upgraded to the Benefits Enterprise feature and the poor customer service is much more noticeable and is now impacting our ability to provide excellent customer service to our employees. The sales person really sold the product, and again it seems ideal, BUT if the support cannot match the bells and whistles, what good is it? We are going to research alternative platforms, and unless they improve the customer service and support, we absolutely do not recommend paylocity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unless they improve their support of the product with improved Customer Service, i would not recommend Paylocity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We improved our Onboarding experience from a manual process, but I believe other EMS must have similar features. We were looking forward to the Benefits Enterprise feature, but again, whenever we have a question or concern, it takes several days for a response OR they simply dont which is unacceptable when we are trying to support our employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
What do you like best?

There are so many layers to this software. One of the biggest features is that you can control who has access to each functioning piece by granting them full to limited access. Timecard management, from your desktop or your app if you are traveling. Employee timecard management you get a notification when an employee has requested time off or missed a time punch saves time when having to approve time cards and time-off requests. Recruiting and onboarding a new employee. Recruiting integrates with several job boards making advertising a breeze. You can set up and customize your recruiting process to fit your needs. Onboarding is made simple by making everything digital to save time on employees' first day from contact information, direct deposit, I9, to offer letters. They also integrate with Checkr to run a background check all with a few simple clicks. You can review your checks on the self-service portal you can hide your paycheck amount that way when you are clocking in and out that information stays private. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As for the recruiting feature of the software, I would like to see the calendar integrate with the Goggle Calendar. That way when you schedule an interview it is also reflected on your Google Calendar. Another feature that would be nice is if you would be able to import your information from another Application Tracking System when transferring over to this service so you don't lose all the gathered data you have from the previous Application Tracking System. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask for a demo to be shown all the features it has to offer to make sure it will fit your companies needs. They have a ton to offer, so I am sure they will be able to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They are great about walking you through an issue on the phone. Whenever there is a problem you can pick up the phone and get a hold of a representative right away to work on the issue at hand. If they are unable to solve it right away they had great follow through and make sure they get back to you with a soultion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of HR
What do you like best?

When I call the support line, there is always someone available to take my call instantly. My calls are always answered in less than a minute. Besides good customer service, their website is very easy to navigate and user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The new feature they added makes it more cumbersome to get to employee's HR & Payroll screen. The pop-up screen from the Employee Search table is not helpful and it add more steps for me to get to the action I want to complete.

Also the menu bar at the employee file screen can be change/enhanced by removing the drop-down that displays automatically when the mouse is pass through to it. I often try to search for the employee and was trying to find my mouse position when it travel pass the menu bar and frequently click the drop-down by accident. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paylocity helps store all employee documents that can easily access. Paylocity is integrated with other business partners that helps us reduce administrative labor time to perform duplicate process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Director
What do you like best?

The complexity of their product- adapting to new world order of virtual culture. Still the adaptability and new features rolling out to constantly upgrade the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some pieces can take a little bit getting used to. Navigating through new layouts just takes time and has a little learning curve. Wish they had more trainings to attend to- not just articles to read. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an all encompassing product to merge HR and Payroll this is the system to use. All customer service reps are knowledgeable so you don't have to wait for your assigned rep to be available. They are on cutting edge of software and ideas. Love working with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I send in enhancement requests to their customer service team. They are always quick to respond and report back on any request I have. I have had some issues with different product features but the service team is quick to investigate- granted there has been some delay but I know we are at year end/tax issuing so I expect it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Human Resources
What do you like best?

The reporting and access to help employees is seamless. We are able to help whenever an employee is locked out of their account. Employees have the ability to appreciate each other through the impressions feature. The community board has been a huge hit also and we have enjoyed having a larger sense of community as we continue to grow and expand across multiple locations. We have loved the new survey platform and have been able to complete more surveys with our staff. We are very excited in the near future to start using performance management and hopefully the web time and compensation platforms as well. That will make our department more accurate and allow us to process payroll more frequently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are glitches but Paylocity's service department is quick to find a solution. They are very timely in their response. It does take some time to build out the platforms but once done, they are easy to adapt and change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our onboarding process needed a way to be streamlined. We were able to create organization specific events and training that we now assign to every new hire when they come on board. I am able to track the process of the new hire in their completion and make sure that every new hire receives consistent information and training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of HR and Marketing
What do you like best?

Paylocity has streamlined our payroll and HR processes saving us time and money. I love their training, customer service, and help database. We switched our onboarding process to completely paperless, implemented our first sexual harassment trainings, employees can access and track their own time and other information in the employee access portal, we can track employee hours in different cost centers which has improved our P&L's, in addition to allowing the team to request time off. The HR support center gives us access to the opinions of HR professionals that provide materials and information to help us make better HR decisions and improve our practices. We have revised our handbook and this year we have had a new one constructed by Paylocity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Every software has it's shortcomings or things that I think it can do better, like Paylocity's time off accruals rules, but the great thing is they are always making improvements. This is promised to be improved by the end of the first quarter. Sometimes the timecards have errors. We always have trouble getting a person able to track their time at the final step of onboarding, so I would like to be able to add the final step to the onboarding template. We have chatted about this a lot and it's not something we can add yet. I finally got it set up to skip the prenote automatically on their direct deposit so their first check will direct deposit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paylocity has solved problems with time keeping. Our team can clock in from anywhere with the app, they can view and approve their time, and they can request time off. The notes and details with time off requests are great. I can track all requests with the time off calendar and track an individuals entire year of time off for disciplinary action. We needed to complete a sexual harassment course according to legal advisers and Paylocity made administering online training and tracking progress a great success. It has totally streamlined our onboarding process. It allows me to work from home because I can connect with the team by sending notices to their apps and work with my boss on payroll. I can easily provide VOEs, training information, track work hours for licensing, track birthdays, get censuses for healthcare, track work anniversaries, and so much more with Reports. Our accounting has her login and she uses the reports herself without me having to access and provide accounting data. Paylocity has also been very beneficial in providing Covid information and best practices as we all adapted during shut downs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Generalist
What do you like best?

I love how Paylocity uses the same flows and processes for each function. For example, the terminology remains constant throughout the system. With other HRIS systems I have found that terms sometimes vary between the HRIS system and payroll for example, where "approve" may not mean the same thing. Due to the fact that Paylocity is so well built, it's easy for me to learn newly added features because they follow the same flow and thought process as features I already have mastered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing about Paylocity that I find a little frustrating is when I need to build a new custom template. The first time building something can be a little tedious. This is helped by the fact that once built, there is a duplicate feature so that I can use my pre-built templates as a platform for new ones. That said, I'm not sure where the fix is there. I like the fact that I can build custom performance reviews for example. It just at times can be a little overwhelming to move through all the options available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the recruiting problem! Paylocity and Indeed are integrated, so that when I post an opening on our custom site, it gets uploaded to Indeed automatically. In addition, the recruiting tools are easy for both myself and candidates. I was able to move a candidate from offer letter to hired in 4 hours!! That kind of turn around gives me more time to source and interview candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payroll Specialist
What do you like best?

The ease of running payroll and the availability of representatives to help when in a time crunch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

time & attendance, time off, reporting, custom calcs, no sandbox for clients to test changes made. We can only go by what our rep tells us "it's fixed, please take a look". Most of time, fixes have to wait until a payroll is processed before any additional changes can be made. This process is time consuming, we have been working on 2 of, what we deemed as implementation project. We have been with Paylocity for a year and we are still on the same 2 projects. It's close, but still needs tweeking. One of the projects only affects our monthly commission run, so we wait until the next month to test changes made.

Rounding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your business does not require custom setup or reporting or your company is uncomplicated, then Paylocity works perfectly fine. The support they provide is good. Follow through needs some work. We went through 3 different reps in the past year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Custom calculations, reporting, making changes in time & attendance is annoyingly quirky. Paylocity is on top of industry changes and implementing the changes on the system. Tremendous amount of documentation on changes, love the training sessions. Thank you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jesse Liszka of Paylocity

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re thrilled that you love the training sessions and you’ve found the industry and legislative updates helpful! Your feedback helps fuel our product innovation, and we’re concerned to hear you’re still having some ongoing challenges. We’d love to hear more about how we can improve this for you. We understand you have been working closely with your account manager to fix these issues and should have a resolution soon. Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

Human Resources Generalist
What do you like best?

User friendly platform. Automation of tedious tasks is a plus. Chat box to contact for quick and easy help. Integration of data flow from onboarding to HR & Payroll and other modules. Self Service for our employees, especially for those who are out of state. Tax filing help. Customer Service is always helpful and resolves any issues or questions quickly. Training and Resources are helpful (PEAK). Compliance updates for state, federal, local laws always monitored and sent out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That there is no electronic yearly calendar that can be run and printed out for an employee to see all PTO time taken for the year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GL mapping of some accounts for our GL report. The ability to have Paylocity to build custom reports so we don't have to manually create them from other reports is great. And also having the ease to submit a request for any updates needed to the report when arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Manager/Director
What do you like best?

I like having all of the Human Resources files in one spot. The mobile app is great, although it can continue to be upgraded since our staff mostly lack other devices. The direct link to Indeed with job posting has saved us a lot of money and allowed us to be very specific about our hiring needs. I've finally found an Account Manager who gets answers to my many questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a number of things that could be improved. Schedules have been laborious and not very suitable for a healthcare facility with overlapping shifts. Onboarding is cumbersome and it, like some other modules, require more than a small dose of coding skills. Docusign needs to be a more useful/adaptable tool within compliance. Upgrade self-service options on the app. System doesn't handle "exceptions" well - anything not customary is hard to put in the system. The staff regularly report outages or delays on the app punch clock during non-business hours (we operate 24/7). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure they understand your industry and the needs you have specific to your business. Some things we have needed are not avilable with the sytem. We continue to work toward solutions with Paylocity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working from afar would be near to impossible if I had to keep all of the employee files with me. Substantially less paper and copying and faxing. The reports, when you can figure out which one you need, can be very timesaving. Far less staff questions about getting properly paid since they can easily check self-service or the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jesse Liszka of Paylocity

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We love hearing that having all your files in one spot has made it possible for you to work from afar. We strive to co-create a good user experience for our clients and use their feedback to co-create and improve our solutions. We want to hear how your experience with Onboarding and Employee Self-Service can be improved. Please reach out to your account manager with these suggestions so we can continue to evolve and make improvements.

Human Resources Generalist
What do you like best?

There are so many options to use to help streamline and automate payroll and all HR tasks. The time and labor side was grueling to set up only because we have so many rules, but now, no more manual payroll entries! The performance reviews and handbook are still to come on my list to activate, but overall, each platform offers more ways to engage with employees and hold managers accountable. I am looking forward to exploring the learning module too. I do like how we can integrate third party companies within the system, but if that's not available we can always add links in the system so employees can just click on the link instead of trying to find multiple benefit provider links (or sick time rule websites and other resource links). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is clunky. Some are only available in pdf, but should be in excel. Some are hard to customize. Some are not customizable with adding the automated run feature that emails the report regularly (like weekly, bi-weekly or monthly). It was also hard to keep track of who was doing what, but we switched payroll companies, 401k, FSA and went through pay rate changes all at the same time. The GL import file was difficult to get sorted out, but once I involved our contracted financial company, it finally got resolved (the set up was off on the account assignments for pay codes). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time and labor issues, only due to our complex pay structure with different levels, jobs, roles, holiday pay, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Coordinator
What do you like best?

The responsiveness and availability of the support we have received has been wonderful. They are very quick to respond and have been extremely helpful when issues have presented themselves. The automated reports that they provide and generate are very detailed, but also easy to understand. The ability to create custom reports has made budgeting, manning and other reporting requirements much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some delays and limitations due to differences in time zones between where my company operates (Eastern) and the Paylocity offices are headquartered (Central). Having a dedicated rep for the Wires/Banking team would be great. We usually receive messages from the same group but it can be difficult to reach them by phone on time sensitive matters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paylocity has made our payroll tracking very simple. With the COVID Relief opportunities Paylocity was very proactive and had the report templates pre-built so that we were able to file for the PPP very quickly. They also have provided the service of filing Advanced Credit Request forms and calculate the credits that we are eligible for seemlessly making it much less stressful for our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President of Human Resources
What do you like best?

The Paylocity support is incredible. I love that I can research a subject on Peak, and if I cannot find my answer, I am 100% confident that my Account Manager or other team members will be able to assist me. For the most part, the system is user friendly and easily maneuverable. Paylocity is always implementing improvements to their platform and sending out emails informing their clients of the changes. The information regarding the changes us also readily available on the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am a multi ID client and I often wish there were certain actions that could be done on the company set level, rather than have to go into each individual ID. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems solved by using Paylocity: Ease of submitting payroll, ease of flowing from recruiting to onboarding to transferring over to HR/Payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Human Resources
What do you like best?

I love the report feature and the easy process it takes to generate a report. This alone makes my work life more efficient than it was with a previous large payroll provider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only item missing is a report of all of the permanent changes made in a submitted payroll. They have one, but it isn't the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best change I have ever made in my career as the Director of Human Resources for a small business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Efficiency. The busiest month of the year is much more manageable than it ever used to be. ACA is so much smoother and the customer service reps are so willing to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder