Payara Server Reviews & Product Details

CEO
What do you like best?

Documentation is very clear and Payara streams many interesting presentations.

BTW, it's very easy to setup and upgrade.

Perfect from small and large deployments.

Hazelcast implementation is a real game changer and help us to scale.

MicroProfile implementation (and micro payara) is also very good point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Open community is growing but if you need assistance you still need to be patient few days.

You can also choose to improve your service with a commercial offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scalability and High Availability was our main technical issue but using Payara Server and Payara Micro fixed a lot of technical problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payara Server Overview

What is Payara Server?

Payara Server is a fully supported, developer friendly, open source Java application server originally derived from Glassfish as a drop in replacement. Payara Server’s architecture is innovative, cloud-native and optimized for production deployments. Officially compatible with Jakarta EE 8 and Eclipse MicroProfile, the application server is developed in collaboration with an industry-leading DevOps team and the global Payara community to ensure Payara Server is the best option for production Jakarta EE (Java EE) applications today and in the future.

Payara Server Details

Payara Server is a fully supported, developer-friendly, open source application server. Payara Server's architecture is innovative, cloud-native and optimized for production deployments. The application server, compatible with Eclipse MicroProfile, is built and supported by a team of DevOps engineers dedicated to the continued development and maintenance of the open source software and committed to optimizing Payara Server as the best option for production Java EE applications.

Payara Services Ltd
2014
London, United Kingdom
@Payara_Fish
Answer a few questions to help the Payara Server community
Have you used Payara Server before?

Payara Server Reviews

Showing 5 Payara Server reviews
Already have Payara Server?
Alexius Dionysius DIAKOGIANNIS
What do you like best?

For me, Payara Server has turned out to be the perfect application to manage in a safe, easy and fast way everything related to my web developments, since I can very easily emulate a web server from my computer without presenting any kind of inconvenience or that affects the performance of my computer, the fact that it allows me to host my web pages created remotely after installing this on my computer is also very helpful since it not only allows me to have a local testing environment where I can test and modify my developments, but also gives me a space to perform operational and performance tests with the web page already hosted on the server, in such a way that I can verify that the domain can be accessed without any inconvenience, it has a large number of information and documentation that has been very useful in case of any problem or inconvenience, allowing me to solve it on my own without the need to contact the customer support team, the ease and simplicity of initial setups also turns out to be quite impressive, as you don't need to waste a great deal of time trying to set everything up properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Performing some integrations of the security certificates can be a difficult task to achieve, especially when it comes to integrating the SSL certificate, which makes it practically impossible for me to configure all this in a short time, which should be an easier task to perform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been being of great help to me to carry out my software developments in a fairly simple, easy and fast way by allowing me to have at my disposal everything I need to test my web pages in terms of design, performance and operation through the emulation of a web server from my computer, without having to pay monthly fees to professional web hosting services while I am in the design and creation stage of the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

Great Administration Console for application management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not found any yet. Maybe the ability to easily add/install SSL certificates specifically LetsEncrypt. Overall The Engineers at Payara always keep the server up to date with constant improvements, updates and bug fixes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended server if you are looking to develop and host Java/Jakarta EE applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payara Server is currently used by a client to host their database driven application provided by the Jelastic Cloud Platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front-End Web Developer
What do you like best?

We most recently used Glassfish3, so when we finally upgraded to Payara5 it was much needed. It's faster and more efficient! They regularly provide updates to it as well, which makes the user experience very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is probably just user error, but I often find that I need to restart it due to strange errors. Once it's restarted, the errors are immediately gone. I hope with their regular updates, that these issues go away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our biggest business problem was speed. It took a long time to deploy with the older Glassfish3. Now that we're on Payara5, we can get things accomplished more quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CN
What do you like best?

Migrating a customer from WildFly to Payara Server was very easy, it just required minor changes to data sources configuration and setting up JDBC drivers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far not much, some developers took longer than anticipated setting up their IDE's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We helped a customer moving two apps out of WildFly over licensing concerns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.