Paperwork Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

The reason why I use Paperwork is because of the note taking feature. I am someone who attends a lot of lectures and therefore I need to use a lot of notes. I use Paperwork and I think I like the clutter free interface and it is very intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One feature that I dislike in Paperwork is that the functionality aspect seems to be overlooked. I believe that adding a little bit more features would make it awesome. Paperwork has a lot of rivals and almost all of them have a lots of features compared to Paperwork Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly suggest everyone to go ahead with paperwork and it is the best note taking software out there in the market. Clutter free interface,intuitive makes it easier to use and I highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For me the no 1 business problem is that since I tend to do a lot of multiasking, I tend to forgot what needs to be done for a particular task. Paperwork helps me jot down my notes in an orderly fashion and I never loose sight of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paperwork Overview

What is Paperwork?

OpenSource note-taking & archiving alternative to Evernote, Microsoft OneNote & Google Keep

Paperwork Details

Paperwork
2014
N/A
@paperworkcloud
184 Twitter followers
Answer a few questions to help the Paperwork community
Have you used Paperwork before?

Paperwork Reviews

Showing 12 Paperwork reviews
Already have Paperwork?
Software engineer.
What do you like best?

I like that Paperwork is open source and thus I use it for free.I like the fact that as a PAperwork user,I have got total control over personal data saved on the program,since it is self-hosted.In contrast to close substitute Google Keep,Paperwork allow me absolute freedom to customize my note-taking environment and the user interface is super intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The unavailability of a mobile app. Is the only shortcoming I can associate with Paperwork. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paperwork makes it very easy to save my personal notes and schedules in real time,without worrying about unauthorized third party access or relying on third party organizations to keep my personal data safe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IH
What do you like best?

Customization options, easy interface, easy access and taking notes on the go. Multiple storage backup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have to pay premium for extra storage. The support is not that great. I could not attach large files. Everything needs to be stored on the cloud for security reasons. The price might seem high for company that just looking for a note taking tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read more review and see if the product will meet your needs and needs of your company. It is a pretty nice tool to have but there are lots of other options and products up there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Paperwork allows us to customize and take notes on the go. Retrieval and access are pretty easy. We do not need much storage at this time, but I see how this can be a problem for others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

This makes note taking so much easier and faster than other tools that I have used in the past for note taking. It does a great job of organizing my notes and making them easy to access later on when I need them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have trouble sorting some of the notes that I take. I would love a quick way to search through some of my past notes with keywords so that I can find what I need in a very quick manner. That would make this product so fantastic to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Title your notes from the beginning. It will help organize your notes later on and make them so much easier to access and sort through. Save your notes in multiple places as backups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to save thoughts and ideas Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Wonderful to take notes with and keep them separate and organized. It has eliminated my constant attachment to Post It notes everywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My boss and I have no issues or complaints about it. He seems to be very happy with it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Organization! We can all

Keep our notes in one place without having to go onto separate computers or find the notebooks lying around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simple to use, I like the interface better than other similar software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a little while to start up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare a few different ones and see which you like best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Note taking when we don't want to use physical paper or when there is none readily available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

It is easy to use . The user interface is is clean and the lay out is simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not let you attach large files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paperwork provides the easiness of the tool, like Evernote. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Security Consultant
Computer & Network Security
What do you like best?

For note-taking, Paperwork is a good alternative to Evernote or similar products. Most users will feel comfortable with the clean, friendly, and full-featured editing interface. Having control over your data and the ability to customize the application and user interface if necessary is a big plus.

Of course, self-hosting means you have as much space as you need without having to pay for a premium account. Although other services such as Evernote, OneNote, or Google Keep might have more advanced features, most of those I rarely use--I usually just need plain notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Paperwork lacks built-in encryption for notes, although self-hosting does prevent having to rely on a third party to keep your data private. Self-hosting means maintaining a server and keeping it online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paperwork solves the risks of storing sensitive notes with a third party provider. Keeping my own data on-site means I have full control. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This is the first open-source note-taking system.

I think the setup is easy for university students.

Current, it use webpage as front-end which I can use it on every platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot see anything that this system is better than Evernote or OneNote.

I need put all my notes on Cloud so that I could keep them safely.

And lots of note-taking functions are not supported in this Paperwork. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think currently Paperwork is still under-developing.

After more and more good features added, I would try it again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a student, I need a system could help keep my notes efficiently.

But I think currently Paperwork is useless for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engineer
What do you like best?

The interface is clean and well designed. The user experience of notebooks is easy to understand and a great way to organize notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Setup can be awkward if you are not familiar with Linux systems. You have to do some manual building with gradle and the documentation was not perfect. Also there is no quick way to just take a note to organize later. You have to complete multiple clicks to open a note. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a great open source solution to note taking, and an extremely great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

it's open source and looks very promising. i like the idea behind it: i use note apps to store nearly my completely brain. all minutes from meetings, interesting articles,... therefore saving all this in an opensource app which i can host and controll myself is a very good idea. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

when i tried the product it was way to early to use. i know it is still in development but it could never compete with evernote/onenote. and as a bussy man with many notes i had to use a solution which just worked. and evernote does all that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

as said, i just wanted a knowledge-management-note-taking-system which i could host for myself and control and easy add add-ons or change things how i like them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systems Developer & administrator
What do you like best?

Simple, flexible and fast.

Unlike other solutions for notes, Paperwork is extremely simple, making it easy to work a lot with several customers, jot down ideas, write fast or as knowledge base notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The facility would have to improve a little, it is a bit complicated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Theme configuration.

Notes tree, ie, that a note can navigate to another or from one section to another, so that you can make complete working procedures, such as decision tree Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Knowledgebase, information transmission, shared notes, transfer of knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Developer
What do you like best?

The fact that it is opensource, and considering easy deployment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that is hard to use, and the support is not really useful. At the moment I prefer really more Apple's Note for this purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have noticed that there are not much problem solving since it is the same thing as other projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.